• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Jack

it's official, Obama worst president since WWII

He most certainly could be the “worst" if not for GWB, Nixon, LBJ.. etc. etc. etc... So far he’s most certainly not the worst in history at least in terms of American war dead - Lincoln was the by far worst in that category....:(

Oh good, popular opinion polls.

If memory serves, didn't popular opinion get him elected twice?

What does that tell you?

Yeah, that’s right!! Never mind he lied. He still beat out Mitt and the war monger from Arizona. clap2.gifThat’s fucking popular....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He most certainly could be the “worst" if not for GWB, Nixon, LBJ.. etc. etc. etc... So far he’s most certainly not the worst in history at least in terms of American war dead - Lincoln was the by far worst in that category.... :(

Why did you give Rosevelt, Truman and Kenedy a pass. WWII, Korea and Vietnam dwarf Bush.

Oh good, popular opinion polls.

If memory serves, didn't popular opinion get him elected twice?

What does that tell you?

A lot of buyer's remorse?

He most certainly could be the “worst" if not for GWB, Nixon, LBJ.. etc. etc. etc... So far he’s most certainly not the worst in history at least in terms of American war dead - Lincoln was the by far worst in that category.... :(

Why did you give Rosevelt, Truman and Kenedy a pass. WWII, Korea and Vietnam dwarf Bush.

It’s well known that Kennedy was going to pull out all “advisors" out of Viet Nam. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

But yes, in terms of “American war dead” Lincoln was by far the worst...

. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

It's well known that JBL was the speaker of the House.

It’s well known that Kennedy was going to pull out all “advisors" out of Viet Nam. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

Hogwash.

Hogwash.

Come back to me after you’ve done some research or prove me wrong dipship...

. JBL faked the Gulf of Tonkin insident thus starting the war that killed 55,000 Americans (up to 3 million Vietnamese). I’m not going to defend Rosevelt or Truman...

It's well known that JBL was the speaker of the House.

Yes. So fucking what? He was president during Gulf of Tonkin insident...

100 Proof that some electronic things run on alcohol. Postpreprocessing tidbit: in 2006 W won with 34% beating out Obama's current 33%. It's no surprise to me that when I would like to relax and watch some TV it is filled with moronic reality shows, apropos for this thread "The Biggest Loser".

The stock market is voting for Obama as one of the best presidents of all time.

Yeah...He has been good to the 1%. The average Joe however, has seen his income fall, increased government dependency, healthcare costs rise, his country's standing diminished, the middle in flames, Russian expansionism, Chinese saber rattling, uncontrolled illegal immigration, scandal after scandal….

Funny how the pursuit of cheap goods has built civilization and has complicated the running of it. The presidents who follow Obama will have as much or more trouble keeping it in line.

Yeah...He has been good to the 1%. The average Joe however, has seen his income fall, increased government dependency, healthcare costs rise, his country's standing diminished, the middle in flames, Russian expansionism, Chinese saber rattling, uncontrolled illegal immigration, scandal after scandal….

The business of the American people is business.

Not so much?

Let me educate you in the art of kicking the can down the road (only in Obama's case the road is a dead end and eventually runs out)

~Zero Percent interest = low bond returns

Low bond returns mean the money flows to the stock market.

~Zero percent interest is achieved by printing Play Money.

Printing Play Money must eventually lead to hyperinflation as the only**, albeit hyper painful, correction path for Obam's failure to stimulate job and industrial growth.

** World wars are another path but I hope we would both prefer bread lines to front lines.

Funny how the pursuit of cheap goods has built civilization and has complicated the running of it. The presidents who follow Obama will have as much or more trouble keeping it in line.

Hope and Change. Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha haaaa

Hogwash.

Come back to me after you’ve done some research or prove me wrong dipship...

You made the claim you should be the one offering proof ..... DIPSHIP

So which truth do you want? You want to believe that Jack, love that name, was only staying in Vietnam long enough to secure his re-election in '64? Someone who would trade soldiers lives for votes is how you want to remember him?

The real truth is that nobody knows what Kennedy would have done had he lived. For you and other Kennedy Romancers to massage his legacy by pretending to channel him is comical. Eisenhower's departing advice was that Laos should be the line in the sand, not Vietnam. Kennedy chose Vietnam instead. There is evidence in the record that Kennedy was reconsidering Eisenhower's advice. Leaving Vietnam if it were to happen is not the same as leaving South East Asia.

Your scenario paints a rather unflattering portrait of the man. Up until his death he was continuing to escalate our involvement in Vietnam. If as you say he had already determined to abandon Vietnam you have to explain away why he was delaying the implementation of the order.

Might have something to do with this Kennedy quote on page 484 of Richard Reeves' (1993). President Kennedy: Profile of Power.

"We don't have a prayer of staying in Vietnam. Those people hate us. They are going to throw our asses out of there at any point. But I can't give up that territory to the communists and get the American people to re-elect me" - JFK

Let me educate you in the art of kicking the can down the road (only in Obama's case the road is a dead end and eventually runs out)

Printing Play Money must eventually lead to hyperinflation as the only**, albeit hyper painful, correction path for Obam's failure to stimulate job and industrial growth.

** World wars are another path but I hope we would both prefer bread lines to front lines.

How did those policies work for Georgie?

How did those policies work for Georgie?

2nd Law of Liberal Argument : The quality of a Liberal Argument is inversely proportional to how soon Bush is mentioned. - © Happy Jack 2014

I really enjoy these attack pieces by Jack, it just reinforces just how clueless he really is. The worst president in history and probably for all time would be Richard Nixon, who earned that spot when historians from his own library revealed and published the fact that he scuttled the 1968 Paris peace talks to get elected. A decision that prolonged the war and took up to 29,000 more American soldier lives than necessary. I'll note that Quinnipiac either distorted the poll by neglecting to furnish that information or the poll was taken while that information had not been released. Either way, Jack was foolish to post it if for no other reason Obama has two and a half YEARS left as president and much can happen, good or bad, during that time.

Did Richard Nixon’s campaign conspire to scuttle the Vietnam War peace talks on the eve of the 1968 election to capture him the presidency?

Absolutely, says Tom Charles Huston, the author of a comprehensive, still-secret report he prepared as a White House aide to Nixon. In one of 10 oral histories conducted by the National Archives and opened last week, Huston says “there is no question” that Nixon campaign aides sent a message to the South Vietnamese government, promising better terms if it obstructed the talks, and helped Nixon get elected.

Nixon’s campaign manager, John Mitchell, “was directly involved,” Huston tells interviewer Timothy Naftali. And while “there is no evidence that I found” that Nixon participated, it is “inconceivable to me,” says Huston, that Mitchell “acted on his own initiative.”

Huston’s comments—transcribed and publishedon the web site of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, California on Wednesday—are the latest twist in a longstanding tale of political skullduggery involving Nixon and his predecessor, Lyndon Johnson. It is a tale that features a secret “X-file,” a mysterious “Dragon Lady” and reports of wiretaps and bugging that has captured the imagination of scholars and conspiracy theorists for half a century.

Like many of Nixon’s actions, this particular transgression was born of paranoia. As the 1968 election approached, Nixon and his aides feared that Johnson would try to help the Democratic nominee—Vice President Hubert Humphrey—by staging an October surprise. When LBJ announced to the nation, just days before the balloting, that he was calling a halt in the bombing of North Vietnam to help fuel progress in ongoing peace talks, the Republicans thought their fears were realized.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz34HFM2z46

But keep posting those pieces Jack, they are entertaining and we all enjoy laughing at you.

I really enjoy these attack pieces by Jack, it just reinforces just how clueless he really is. The worst president in history and probably for all time would be Richard Nixon, who earned that spot when historians from his own library revealed and published the fact that he scuttled the 1968 Paris peace talks to get elected. A decision that prolonged the war and took up to 29,000 more American soldier lives than necessary. I'll note that Quinnipiac either distorted the poll by neglecting to furnish that information or the poll was taken while that information had not been released. Either way, Jack was foolish to post it if for no other reason Obama has two and a half YEARS left as president and much can happen, good or bad, during that time.

Did Richard Nixon’s campaign conspire to scuttle the Vietnam War peace talks on the eve of the 1968 election to capture him the presidency?

Absolutely, says Tom Charles Huston, the author of a comprehensive, still-secret report he prepared as a White House aide to Nixon. In one of 10 oral histories conducted by the National Archives and opened last week, Huston says “there is no question” that Nixon campaign aides sent a message to the South Vietnamese government, promising better terms if it obstructed the talks, and helped Nixon get elected.

Nixon’s campaign manager, John Mitchell, “was directly involved,” Huston tells interviewer Timothy Naftali. And while “there is no evidence that I found” that Nixon participated, it is “inconceivable to me,” says Huston, that Mitchell “acted on his own initiative.”

Huston’s comments—transcribed and publishedon the web site of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, California on Wednesday—are the latest twist in a longstanding tale of political skullduggery involving Nixon and his predecessor, Lyndon Johnson. It is a tale that features a secret “X-file,” a mysterious “Dragon Lady” and reports of wiretaps and bugging that has captured the imagination of scholars and conspiracy theorists for half a century.

Like many of Nixon’s actions, this particular transgression was born of paranoia. As the 1968 election approached, Nixon and his aides feared that Johnson would try to help the Democratic nominee—Vice President Hubert Humphrey—by staging an October surprise. When LBJ announced to the nation, just days before the balloting, that he was calling a halt in the bombing of North Vietnam to help fuel progress in ongoing peace talks, the Republicans thought their fears were realized.

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz34HFM2z46

But keep posting those pieces Jack, they are entertaining and we all enjoy laughing at you.

You've posted this before and in both cases you neglected to point out that the source of your post also concluded this.

The last question, of course, is the most painful. Johnson’s aides, over the years, had claimed there was a genuine opportunity for peace in the fall of 1968, which Nixon foiled for political gain.

Huston disagrees. “The bigger question was, did it make any difference, and I think the answer to that was no,” he says. The South Vietnamese didn’t need Nixon’s people to tell them they would do better by waiting, he says, or that the terms of the deal were unfavorable.

What a shame that LBJ decided to bug the Nixon plane. Maybe both sides should clean up their act. But to your point. The poll post dates the article you cite and two more years on this trajectory won't leave anyone approving of Obama.

The fact is we will never know the truth about a Vietnam peace and that's the only fact that we do know. The jury is still out over Obama and he very well may end up at the bottom of the heap, but it is pointless to cast him there until his work is done. The poll was ridiculous for that reason alone.

Please come back when you have something meaningful to post Jack.

Reality bites.

Even surrounded by a moat of adoring protective media. Obama still polls behind bush.

Please come back when you have something meaningful to post Jack.

Or not....''

Why are you so powerless to just ignore me if I have so little to say? How embarrassing for you that I have such power over you.

33yi786.png

Looking at the positive ranking "Best" then Obama is in 4th place of the 13 presidents listed. He ranks with Clinton, Kennedy, and Reagan. Those negative numbers "WORST" are skewed by the HUN factor.

I'm afraid driving a Ridgeline is the ultimate definition of powerless and clueless.

Ridgeline ... Proudly one of only 10 vehicles still made in America.

So which truth do you want? You want to believe that Jack, love that name, was only staying in Vietnam long enough to secure his re-election in '64? Someone who would trade soldiers lives for votes is how you want to remember him?

The real truth is that nobody knows what Kennedy would have done had he lived. For you and other Kennedy Romancers to massage his legacy by pretending to channel him is comical. Eisenhower's departing advice was that Laos should be the line in the sand, not Vietnam. Kennedy chose Vietnam instead. There is evidence in the record that Kennedy was reconsidering Eisenhower's advice. Leaving Vietnam if it were to happen is not the same as leaving South East Asia.

Your scenario paints a rather unflattering portrait of the man. Up until his death he was continuing to escalate our involvement in Vietnam. If as you say he had already determined to abandon Vietnam you have to explain away why he was delaying the implementation of the order.

Might have something to do with this Kennedy quote on page 484 of Richard Reeves' (1993). President Kennedy: Profile of Power.

"We don't have a prayer of staying in Vietnam. Those people hate us. They are going to throw our asses out of there at any point. But I can't give up that territory to the communists and get the American people to re-elect me" - JFK

How he would have handled Vietnam had he lived does indeed remain a mystery... However in October 1963 (about a month before his assassination), he signed National Security Action Memorandum 263, calling for removing 1,000 US troops from Vietnam by year’s end and the remainder by December 1965.

While the middle class is voting Obumma as one of the worst presidents of all time.

How he would have handled Vietnam had he lived does indeed remain a mystery... However in October 1963 (about a month before his assassination), he signed National Security Action Memorandum 263, calling for removing 1,000 US troops from Vietnam by year’s end and the remainder by December 1965.

263 has been around since the mid 70's and it contain no indication that he was about to abandon the objective of containing Communism.

Kinda funny that Jack was at the center of the Red Menace scare that the left like so much to mock in later years.

But ultimately the strongest knock against the Jack would have bugged out argument was the effort he made to remove and ultimately assassinate the Ngo Dinh brothers. If he really was leaving why invest himself and America in a coup and assassination?

On the same day the Dow Jones rises above 17,000 for the first time, employment adds 288,000 jobs in June dropping the average to 6.1%. Pretty good for the worst president ever.

In the WSJ today

"Great Obama Bull Market will soar to 2016"

Great obama bull market. I like that.

nice jobs report to. Face it. If you work for a living, make your money off investments or want the country in bettrr financial shape, obama >bush. Unless you listen to the rwnm.

Your idiot president was worse than my idiot president.... nuh uh, my idiot president was better than your idiot president....

.... Mean while....munich-re-reinsurance-titanic-animation-

On the same day the Dow Jones rises above 17,000 for the first time, employment adds 288,000 jobs in June dropping the average to 6.1%. Pretty good for the worst president ever.

And, in other good news, we're getting the fuck out of Afghanistan and our president has not got us entangled in any new foreign wars.

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

And, in other good news, we're getting the fuck out of Afghanistan and our president has not got us entangled in any new foreign wars.

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Pay no attention to the 500(?) "advisers" that are now in Iraq.

Tip of the hat?

Your idiot president was worse than my idiot president.... nuh uh, my idiot president was better than your idiot president....

The truth is that the sinking ship is due to the inactivity of Congress who's admitted primary mission is to make Obama look bad no matter the cost to the country.

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Tip of the hat?

I think we're closer to 850. One more and I'll get off my ass and go picket.

The truth is that the sinking ship is due to the inactivity of Congress who's admitted primary mission is to make Obama look bad no matter the cost to the country.

It takes 2 to tango, ya crackpot.

And how about the Q1 gdp growth?

Shrinking GDP

Massive printing of play money

Unimaginable debt load

Unfunded mandates that run tens of trillion more

Lowest workforce participation rate in my lifetime

Highest percentage of people on food stamps

And all they can say is Look at that stock market. (free money does that but they never took economics and obviously neither did Obama) ....

The poll is not only telling it is correct. What really takes the cake is that the protective cocoon the MSM has wrapped around this man seems to have evaporated and people are no longer buying it.

What about it? it was predicted to be down because of bad weather.

Weather : Presidential excuses Chapter 37 Subsection 873 line Q3.78

Republican Congressional Obstruction : Presidential excuses Chapter 109 Subsection 3 line A

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Tip of the hat?

Don't you mean off your knees?

SUPER GOOD!

Way to go Obama!

Tip of the hat?

Don't you mean off your knees?

No Jack, but its becoming more evident by the day that Obama is making you his bitch.

Gotta love the same people who hate the 1% pointing to the stock market as Obama's greatest success

Oh and BL weather alone would not cause a negative 2%

Does anyone dispute the poll results? Since there is not a smidgen of possibility that that many Americans who think Obama is the worse president since WWII are racist, it is now accepted that one can be against Obama and his policies and not be racist?

Oh really? Tell me how much business got done in Louisiana during Katrina?

LOL.

Katrina didnt last a Quarter and the aftermath would have been a boon to the states economy.

Prove it.

Hurricane Katrina

Formed August 23, 2005

Dissipated September 3, 2005

Hardly a quarter.

You're a fucking mistake of nature:

University of North Texas Profession Bernard Weinstein put the total economic loss from Katrina to be as high as $250 billion. (Source: Swiss Re, "Hurricane Katrina," January 25, 2007) That's because he takes into account not just the damage, but the impact for disrupted gas production and general effect on national economic growth. For example, in 2005, economic growth as measured by Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth went from 3.8% in the third quarter (July-September, when Katrina hit) to 1.3% in the fourth quarter (October-December, when production losses were felt). http://useconomy.about.com/od/grossdomesticproduct/f/katrina_damage.htm

Are you seriously comparing last winter to a natural disaster like Katrina? I thought you were joking.

Are you seriously comparing last winter to a natural disaster like Katrina? I thought you were joking.

BL never jokes, her love for Obama is very serious and this poll has made her very anxious. She is thinking "if only this was a FOX poll I could dismiss it."

It ain't and she can't.

BL never jokes, her love for Obama is very serious and this poll has made her very anxious. She is thinking "if only this was a FOX poll I could dismiss it."

It ain't and she can't.

This survey was good news for Obama. In the BEST presidents of all time he was number 4. Only presidents that ranked better were Reagan, Kennedy, and Clinton.

Three of the top four were Democrats!

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TM, You're the one who discounted (stupidly), weather not impacting the economy. There is clear evidence that the 1st quarter which you used to bash Obama, was influenced by weather. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/deep-freeze/financial-freeze-winter-woes-cost-economy-15-billion-n29781

Thank God for Arthur, the Weather Presidential excuses Chapter 37 Subsection 873 line Q3.78 is all primed for the current quarter.

The Obama epitaph will read "it wasn't my fault"

TM, You're the one who discounted (stupidly), weather not impacting the economy. There is clear evidence that the 1st quarter which you used to bash Obama, was influenced by weather. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/deep-freeze/financial-freeze-winter-woes-cost-economy-15-billion-n29781

We can now add poor reading comprehension to the list you exhibit on this site.

What I actually said was weather ALONE would not cause a -2% growth rate. That key word "alone" in no way indicates that I am claiming that it had zero impact. The level of impact is open to debate.

To compare Katrina to a sever winter is about as STUPID, to use your term as it gets.

So what is your excuse for voting this man "Best president of all time?"

Were you all drunk and stoned out of your minds?

Reagan tripled the national debt

Reagan raised taxes 11 times

Reagan expanded the size of government

Reagan supported the "socialist" Earned Income Tax Credit

Reagan negotiated with terrorists in Tehran

Reagan sought to eliminate nuclear weapons

Reagan gave amnesty to 11 million illegal immigrants

Reagan approved protectionist trade barriers

Reagan signed abortion rights law in California

Reagan eventually debunked AIDS myths Republicans continued to perpetuate

Man, you people must be confused.

We can now add poor reading comprehension to the list you exhibit on this site.

What I actually said was weather ALONE would not cause a -2% growth rate. That key word "alone" in no way indicates that I am claiming that it had zero impact. The level of impact is open to debate.

To compare Katrina to a sever winter is about as STUPID, to use your term as it gets.

TM, at least I will always have pity for you.

So what is your excuse for voting this man "Best president of all time?"

Were you all drunk and stoned out of your minds?

Reagan tripled the national debt

Reagan raised taxes 11 times

Reagan expanded the size of government

Reagan supported the "socialist" Earned Income Tax Credit

Reagan negotiated with terrorists in Tehran

Reagan sought to eliminate nuclear weapons

Reagan gave amnesty to 11 million illegal immigrants

Reagan approved protectionist trade barriers

Reagan signed abortion rights law in California

Reagan eventually debunked AIDS myths Republicans continued to perpetuate

Man, you people must be confused.

Really bummed you out that Americans think Obama is the worst president and Reagan the best.

First Katrina now Reagan

Your attempt to deflect with liberal red flags are so transparent as to be laughable.

I'm not deflecting anything. I hit you head on. Your best president was a fucking liberal. The weather influences economic growth.

Walmart reports FY 15 Q1 EPS of $1.10; weather impacted EPS approximately $0.03

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/investors/2014/05/15/walmart-reports-fy-15-q1-eps-of-110-weather-impacted-eps-approximately-003

Chevron: Current year production has been affected by downtime, in part due to adverse weather across multiple regions including Kazakhstan, Canada, and the U.S.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MjI4Njc0fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Et cetera.

I'm not deflecting anything. I hit you head on. Your best president was a fucking liberal. The weather influences economic growth.

You liberals vilified Reagan when he was in office and now because he is considered the best president in the last 60 years you want to co-opt the guy….priceless.