• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zzrider

Boatless no more!

Finally.

We sold our last boat (28' leadmine) 8 long landlubberly years ago and got distracted with many of life's other details, many not so pleasant. While getting another keelboat has been and still is a longstanding goal, that's still 2-4 years off due to other financial priorities (blasphemy! I know).

So I was pleasantly (ok, ecstatically) surprised a couple weeks ago when The Admiral queried, "why don't we get a dinghy?" She wants to really learn to sail in a small boat; while she had taken the helm of our 28' on numerous occaisions, she never really "got it".

So, with my new orders in hand, I set out on my quest. One day, this followed me home:

2014-07-02180050-crop_zps26810178.jpg

... all for slightly more than the cost of putting a hitch on my Forester.

It certainly isn't the latest carbon rocket, but it satisfies all our criteria rather well. Decent condition; no major issues (that I've found yet, anyway). Just needs some love and attention and some updates.

The weather hasn't been cooperating since I brought her home, so I haven't gotten her in the water yet, but soon!

Never has a guy been so excited over a cheap little boat as I am now.

... ...

Never has a guy been so excited over a cheap little boat as I am now.

Congrats, looks like a nice little ride and a good trailer too. Small boats are way farther up the curve on bang/buck and lower on PITA. The Daysailer is a great all-around design, there used to be a pretty active racing class of them here in the SouthEast. A little dull in light air especially if loaded with coolers and camping gear, but hey you pick up a trolling motor off Craigslist and go go go.

Good pick, enjoy!

FB- Doug

Congrats! the best boat in the world is simply the one you really want to sail :)

+1000

One of the most memorable planing rides was in a DaySailor with the kite on at Marblehead Race Week. Enjoy the boat in her various modes.

Taught sailing on those on Raquette Lake in upstate NY. Not bad at all. Love the fun-to-headache ratio of smaller boats - best luck with yours.

Best part is they really hold value quite well. Clean it up and don't screw it up and you'll be made whole when the time comes to move on.