• Announcements

    • UnderDawg

      A Few Simple Rules   05/22/2017

      Sailing Anarchy is a very lightly moderated site. This is by design, to afford a more free atmosphere for discussion. There are plenty of sailing forums you can go to where swearing isn't allowed, confrontation is squelched and, and you can have a moderator finger-wag at you for your attitude. SA tries to avoid that and allow for more adult behavior without moderators editing your posts and whacking knuckles with rulers. We don't have a long list of published "thou shalt nots" either, and this is by design. Too many absolute rules paints us into too many corners. So check the Terms of Service - there IS language there about certain types of behavior that is not permitted. We interpret that lightly and permit a lot of latitude, but we DO reserve the right to take action when something is too extreme to tolerate (too racist, graphic, violent, misogynistic, etc.). Yes, that is subjective, but it allows us discretion. Avoiding a laundry list of rules allows for freedom; don't abuse it. However there ARE a few basic rules that will earn you a suspension, and apparently a brief refresher is in order. 1) Allegations of pedophilia - there is no tolerance for this. So if you make allegations, jokes, innuendo or suggestions about child molestation, child pornography, abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors etc. about someone on this board you will get a time out. This is pretty much automatic; this behavior can have real world effect and is not acceptable. Obviously the subject is not banned when discussion of it is apropos, e.g. talking about an item in the news for instance. But allegations or references directed at or about another poster is verboten. 2) Outing people - providing real world identifiable information about users on the forums who prefer to remain anonymous. Yes, some of us post with our real names - not a problem to use them. However many do NOT, and if you find out someone's name keep it to yourself, first or last. This also goes for other identifying information too - employer information etc. You don't need too many pieces of data to figure out who someone really is these days. Depending on severity you might get anything from a scolding to a suspension - so don't do it. I know it can be confusing sometimes for newcomers, as SA has been around almost twenty years and there are some people that throw their real names around and their current Display Name may not match the name they have out in the public. But if in doubt, you don't want to accidentally out some one so use caution, even if it's a personal friend of yours in real life. 3) Posting While Suspended - If you've earned a timeout (these are fairly rare and hard to get), please observe the suspension. If you create a new account (a "Sock Puppet") and return to the forums to post with it before your suspension is up you WILL get more time added to your original suspension and lose your Socks. This behavior may result a permanent ban, since it shows you have zero respect for the few rules we have and the moderating team that is tasked with supporting them. Check the Terms of Service you agreed to; they apply to the individual agreeing, not the account you created, so don't try to Sea Lawyer us if you get caught. Just don't do it. Those are the three that will almost certainly get you into some trouble. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE DO ONE OF THESE THINGS, please do the following: Refrain from quoting the offending text, it makes the thread cleanup a pain in the rear Press the Report button; it is by far the best way to notify Admins as we will get e-mails. Calling out for Admins in the middle of threads, sending us PM's, etc. - there is no guarantee we will get those in a timely fashion. There are multiple Moderators in multiple time zones around the world, and anyone one of us can handle the Report and all of us will be notified about it. But if you PM one Mod directly and he's off line, the problem will get dealt with much more slowly. Other behaviors that you might want to think twice before doing include: Intentionally disrupting threads and discussions repeatedly. Off topic/content free trolling in threads to disrupt dialog Stalking users around the forums with the intent to disrupt content and discussion Repeated posting of overly graphic or scatological porn content. There are plenty web sites for you to get your freak on, don't do it here. And a brief note to Newbies... No, we will not ban people or censor them for dropping F-bombs on you, using foul language, etc. so please don't report it when one of our members gives you a greeting you may find shocking. We do our best not to censor content here and playing swearword police is not in our job descriptions. Sailing Anarchy is more like a bar than a classroom, so handle it like you would meeting someone a little coarse - don't look for the teacher. Thanks.
    • B.J. Porter

      Moderation Team Change   06/16/2017

      After fifteen years of volunteer moderation at SA, I will no longer be part of the moderation team. The decision to step aside is mine, and has been some time in the works but we did not wish to announce it in advance for a number of reasons. It's been fun, but I need my time back for other purposes now. The Underdawg admin account will not be monitored until further notice, as I will be relinquishing control of it along with my administrative privileges. Zapata will continue on as a moderator, and any concerns or issues can be directed to that account or to the Editor until further notice. Anyone interested in helping moderate the forums should reach out to Scot by sending a PM to the Editor account. Please note that I am not leaving the community, I am merely stepping aside from Admin responsibilities and privileges on the site.
Barnyb

Oracle Team USA

5,956 posts in this topic

I think we will see them sharpen up a bit by the next races, and if the wind is up, it could be more even. 

 I actually think that the Austrailian team has more potential than they've shown so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if boat speed is similar, capacity for TNZ to do more maneuvers gives them so many more options. Know who I favour at close quarters dueling.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tech said:

I think we will see them sharpen up a bit by the next races, and if the wind is up, it could be more even. 

I think this is another urban myth about ETNZ's performance, this time in higher winds. ETNZ trained in heavy winds in Auckland, and have raced in heavy winds - including the race in which they flipped over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Indio said:

I think this is another urban myth about ETNZ's performance, this time in higher winds. ETNZ trained in heavy winds in Auckland, and have raced in heavy winds - including the race in which they flipped over.

I agree ETNZ's crew will turn in a winning performance in heavy air.  They have greater control over foils and the wing, after all.

What I wonder about is the Kiwi foils vs Oracle. There's this nagging concern that the Defender might have an edge when it blows, given the computing, tech and construction resources they were able to call on for foil construction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

LE will want to win it but would pretty easily just let it go since he has way, way bigger things going on in his life.

We can only hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

I agree ETNZ's crew will turn in a winning performance in heavy air.  They have greater control over foils and the wing, after all.

What I wonder about is the Kiwi foils vs Oracle. There's this nagging concern that the Defender might have an edge when it blows, given the computing, tech and construction resources they were able to call on for foil construction.

Pretty much hope is all they have left then?? Considering the weather stats say 40% of the time in Bermuda during the summer it's blowing 8-10 knots, they are effectively praying for some stiff breeze to give them any chance...pretty fucked up strategy that one...not sure how LE will take that in the debrief.

"Yeah um look Lazza, we were actually hoping for a bit of extra breeze to take us through the match...as you saw with TJ they were a fucking machine in stiff breeze, but fuck it, it was just blowing too light for us out there and it just didn't suit us at all".

Lazza: "um, so what did our weather modelling tell us about wind speeds at this time of the year guys?"

Cue the sound of crickets chirping in the background.....

Lazza: "fucking idiots!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
  3 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

LE will want to win it but would pretty easily just let it go since he has way, way bigger things going on in his life.

Yeah cause LE just loves flushing shit loads of money down the drain...go and watch Wind Gods on tubebook to see how competitive this mother fucker is....he'll be hating this shit....LE is all about leaving a dynasty, if they loose and walk away they haven't left anything except for fucked up stadium racing in cool looking boats...which mirrors many different regattas out there already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nzrick said:

Not trolling here: but who else thinks Jimmy will be kicked off the boat? 

If it's 6 races to zip this time next week I'd say it's on the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I don't think anymore there is much if any difference in BS ...looking at pre-starts and transitions it seems collectively the 3 guys at the back of ENZ are simply a step above their counterparts. That is something which is pretty hard for OR to do anything about in 5 weeks let alone 5 days.

I agree but I still think NZ have far better VMG primarily upwind. The numbers don't lie Jack. NZ have the better speed and VMG.  When you win by over a KM in a race that's primarily BS. The $$$ question for me is why have USA been the slower boat at the start of the AC34 and now the AC35? Clearly their design team is not good enough. Burling is far better than Barker for so many reasons and this is a factor that USA cannot overcome. NZ learned from the AC34, made the changes, pushed the development curve harder whereas USA did not. The cup going back to NZ is a good thing however. Certainly from a spectacle point of view this AC final has been "boring" to say the least. The challenger series was fantastic but who wants to see one boat win by over a KM..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrTroy said:

If it's 6 races to zip this time next week I'd say it's on the cards.

Nope, it's not Jimmys fault they have a slower boat!! Just can't see them dumping him after all he's done in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, **ONTOIT** said:

Nope, it's not Jimmys fault they have a slower boat!! Just can't see them dumping him after all he's done in the past.

When they're 7-zip down Spithill will pull himself and put Barker on the helm. It would be a great twist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

I agree but I still think NZ have far better VMG primarily upwind. The numbers don't lie Jack. NZ have the better speed and VMG.  When you win by over a KM in a race that's primarily BS. The $$$ question for me is why have USA been the slower boat at the start of the AC34 and now the AC35? Clearly their design team is not good enough. Burling is far better than Barker for so many reasons and this is a factor that USA cannot overcome. NZ learned from the AC34, made the changes, pushed the development curve harder whereas USA did not. The cup going back to NZ is a good thing however. Certainly from a spectacle point of view this AC final has been "boring" to say the least. The challenger series was fantastic but who wants to see one boat win by over a KM..?

yep agree with above accept last part, love seeing Oracle skippered by Jimmy and the boyz being handed a jolly good rogering by a better Team, boat and crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrTroy said:

If it's 6 races to zip this time next week I'd say it's on the cards.

4 more to win captain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrTroy said:

When they're 7-zip down Spithill will pull himself and put Barker on the helm. It would be a great twist.

 

Except we'll be spraying each other in champagne as it's first to 7 points wins this fucker!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, terrafirma said:

. NZ learned from the AC34, made the changes, pushed the development curve harder whereas USA did not. 

Jobs here for life, because we had the greatest comeback and no one can catch us.

 

Tui's advert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be no changes on the USA boat crew wise in terms of Jimmy and Tom. Jimmy has admitted it's a boat speed issue and everyone knows that. In the AC34 Jimmy was able to get to mark 2 behind and still win with superior upwind speed/vmg, this time they get to mark 2 and watch NZ sail off into the distance. They were the slower boat at the start of the AC34 and now the AC35 so clearly their design team is not as good. This time Burling is on board so there are no comebacks. Jimmy will conceed he was beaten by the faster boat and that way the onus is on the team as a whole. From what I have seen perhaps ETNZ should start designing aeroplanes because they would be superior, faster and more efficient than the Boeing products. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel for the real USA fans, I remember the sick feeling in my stomach in 2003 watching that debacle unfold, wishing every race that things are going to get better, then the mast breaking, buckets in use and all the rest of the disaster, it just plain sucks. 

At least you have hope with these lay days, and after 2013 there is reason to pray for another comeback. 

At the very least the 5 day break makes next weekends first race all the more interesting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

you can't possibly make any good case that LE ever stacked the deck

Positives for the first 2 days:

Day1 'we're only 1 point behind' after going 0-2 down.

Day2 'we've got 5 lay days' & 'we beat them in the Challenger series' at 0-4 down.

All advantages caused by deck stacking.

 

 

PPL are complaining about ETNZ fans coming in here & shit-talking but other than that its crickets in here.

If you want some positives the onus is on the OR fans to find & talk about them.

I tried to talk up possible advantages of having a bit more righting moment from Jimmy/Langford stacking hard, situational awareness advantage from having Slingsby on the front beam/out back on the bike but the only response I got was from Nav.

Here's another: Aside from making the bike permanent I think there is a new pod-rear beam fillet fairing

2url3.jpg

 

Fact is last time OR had shown some blazing fast speed in the early races but they had handling/consistency/tactical issues which repeatedly allowed ETNZ to catch-up, overtake &/or sail away.

Over the races those blazing fast bits got longer & more common until ETNZ was left wallowing in the wake.

This time I've seen nothing like it, occasional periods they match ETNZ & some gains that have been clearly shift/pressure related.

My great fear was for Jimmy to nail PB in several of the starts & ETNZ to have been unable to get past with OR sailing well like 2nd OR vs ETNZ Challenger series race.

But now I'm not so sure ETNZ couldn't just sail straight past.

 

Maybe it'll be different in stronger winds?

Maybe the 5 lay days will be enough to turn it around?

As Kenny said 'Hope, its a strategy. But its not a good strategy'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Indio said:

It' possible that they have the OR-JPN yacht, but do they have a crew of equal ability to their No.1 crew to test against? They can't just employ Barker and his OR-JPN crew as OR-XEROX employees for testing...

I'd happily put my money on JS over DB, as much as I like the guy. IMO that particular change wouldn't be on anyones mind at Oracle right now.

Could be wrong, but doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zaTTaz said:

I'd happily put my money on JS over DB, as much as I like the guy. IMO that particular change wouldn't be on anyones mind at Oracle right now.

Could be wrong, but doubt it.

OR-XEROX can't use Barker or Ainslie or Outterridge or Franck anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GIven Jimmy's history, I don't think he will be canned until NZ is up 8-... oh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indio said:

OR-XEROX can't use Barker or Ainslie or Outterridge or Franck anyway.

Larry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget Glenn and some of the design team at ETNZ came from Oracle. Perhaps the dominance of RC/JS/GS didn't allow the free thinking to flourish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Nice...you tasteless brain-dead weasel.

You're the one slinging the c bomb about. Just because your team are losing in no way means you need to spout out profanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

You're the one slinging the c bomb about. Just because your team are losing in no way means you need to spout out profanity. 

Your head really did hit every branch on the way down...not my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrTroy said:

When they're 7-zip down Spithill will pull himself

 

About the only fun he's gonna get in this regatta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jono said:

Don't forget Glenn and some of the design team at ETNZ came from Oracle. Perhaps the dominance of RC/JS/GS didn't allow the free thinking to flourish

Could well be a reason. Will be fascinating to see what Larry does? I suspect the team will dissolve and go their separate ways if Larry quits. I wouldn't hire any of them for a lack of foresight. The motivation from within the Kiwi team is different to the Oracle team. The Kiwi team seem to all want to further the cause for love whereas clearly the Oracle team are motivated by money. I bet you none of the key Oracle people are on performance based salaries? The Kiwis don't need to be as they do it for a deep founded passion for their country and fellow team members. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, terrafirma said:

How could they have gotten it so wrong? They have no excuses. I suspect team synergy is lacking. Lots of chiefs on big money but after this their resumes are going to look bad. They have had every advantage and everyone said the Kiwis were too late? The speed differences are bigger than SF. Standby for 3-0 unless NZ break something..

I think maybe OTUSA's designers may have gone about asking the wrong blue-sky questions - if indeed they stretched their thinking at all.

I suspect ETNZ started with:

Q: How do we go faster upwind? A: Slipperier boards and dynamic wing control.

Q: What do we need to make this a reality? A: More oil.

Q: How do we get more oil? A: Cyclors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sailbydate said:

I think maybe OTUSA's designers may have gone about asking the wrong blue-sky questions - if indeed they stretched their thinking at all.

I suspect ETNZ started with:

Q: How do we go faster upwind? A: Slipperier boards and dynamic wing control.

Q: What do we need to make this a reality? A: More oil.

Q: How do we get more oil? A: Cyclors

Oracle probably thought they had a fast boat.. and tested it during the round robins so probably were quite happy. Right up until NZ won 4 races in light-medium wind - not light wind, that is 6 knots. 12 seems medium and right on what has often been seen in bermuda.

15 is probably what oracle need as a minimum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best place to hide something is in plain sight.

I recall when Aotearoa was first launched ETNZ was at pains to point out that the bikes were not the most significant development on the boat, but just the one everybody could see. That may well have been so, but without the boosted oil from the cyclors, would any of those other innovations (dynamic wing control and slipperier boards) have been possible?

I'm awestruck by the cleverness of ETNZ. I guess you have to be bloody smart to out-fox a fox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Deek and Calk....very funny

One can tell by the water in the pond, too thin to plow and too thick to drink, that it's a made in Aus hilarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Q: How do we go faster upwind? A: Slipperier boards

Yes. But slipperier boards are less stable so need to be adjusted more often, so need more oil. Bring on the cyclors.

Remember the concept given by the design team that "Winning the next America's Cup is all about maintaining a stable flight on the entire race course"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Your head really did hit every branch on the way down...not my team.

Iggied. No time for fools. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

I think maybe OTUSA's designers may have gone about asking the wrong blue-sky questions - if indeed they stretched their thinking at all.

I suspect ETNZ started with:

Q: How do we go faster upwind? A: Slipperier boards and dynamic wing control.

Q: What do we need to make this a reality? A: More oil.

Q: How do we get more oil? A: Cyclors

Then they got a 22 old girl with a degree in CFD, locked her in a secret room at Auckland Uni, while everybody else wandered about pretending they were going about it all the old fashioned way. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boybland said:

Then they got a 22 old girl with a degree in CFD, locked her in a secret room at Auckland Uni, while everybody else wandered about pretending they were going about it all the old fashioned way. :D

A boy, she really did do a shit-hot job. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remembering wondering at the time why "Southern Spars" were involved in developing Olympic bicycles, here's a quote from the NZ herald pre-Olympics:

Exclusive: Cycling NZ unveil revolutionary new Olympic bikes

Quote

Working in secret, Cycling New Zealand combined with High Performance Sport New Zealand, manufacturers Avanti, wheelwrights Southern Spars, aerodynamic experts Kinetic Simulation and Auckland University's wind tunnel in an effort to produce track bikes capable of delivering gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

One can tell by the water in the pond, too thin to plow and too thick to drink, that it's a made in Aus hilarity.

Definitely not a NZ plate on the car but still funny & this funeral of a thread needed some lightening up :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jono said:

Don't forget Glenn and some of the design team at ETNZ came from Oracle. Perhaps the dominance of RC/JS/GS didn't allow the free thinking to flourish

+1 Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jono said:

Don't forget Glenn and some of the design team at ETNZ came from Oracle. Perhaps the dominance of RC/JS/GS didn't allow the free thinking to flourish

 

35 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

+1 Agree.

Might be mistaken but I can't see anyone of real significance in design crossing over from OR to go back home to work with ENZ. 

Talking of shore team that PB kept parroting on about until recently where I felt like reaching into the screen and strangling him ...but not too far off the mark on account if you have the Shoebridge clan working for you ...you definitely have an edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

You Kiwi cunts have done a good job fuckin up this OR thread...might just head down the hallway to your door and reciprocate.

 

15 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Don't call us the best part of your mother! 

 

11 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Nice...you tasteless brain-dead weasel.

 

3 hours ago, Barnacle Bill said:

You're the one slinging the c bomb about. Just because your team are losing in no way means you need to spout out profanity. 

 

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Your head really did hit every branch on the way down...not my team.

 

1 hour ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Iggied. No time for fools. 

 

Barnacle ...quick tip ..simply go back to what ever dumpster you crawled out of you trash talking grub ...but I'm sure you're content knowing everytime you feel like getting laid you just crawl up a sheep's arse and hope someone will be passing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

Might be mistaken but I can't see anyone of real significance in design crossing over from OR to go back home to work with ENZ. 

44 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

Might be mistaken but I can't see anyone of real significance in design crossing over from OR to go back home to work with ENZ. 

 

Neil Wilkinson: big design loss for OR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

Might be mistaken but I can't see anyone of real significance in design crossing over from OR to go back home to work with ENZ. 

Talking of shore team that PB kept parroting on about until recently where I felt like reaching into the screen and strangling him ...but not too far off the mark on account if you have the Shoebridge clan working for you ...you definitely have an edge.

Your expecting OTUSA to survive post AC35, I assume?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AKL...sorry couldn't quote you as you typed in the box...yes Neil in the mechanical arena a god in this space with nearly 20 years high end experience but with respect to him things have moved on since AC34 and as represented by his current position on ENZ which is invaluable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Your expecting OTUSA to survive post AC35, I assume?

 

Think you missed the original comment Sail and my response..it was directed at key design personal crossovers between OR and ENZ between AC34/35 not potentially between the two in AC35/36.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy Ehman said Coutts will already be involving himself in Oracle's rescue bid: "Russell is still one of, if not the smartest person in the sport. Russell will be heavily involved because his boss Larry Ellison will insist that he become re-involved in the team. I saw it happen last time when I was involved in helping to run the event. At that point, Russell re-involved himself again intensively and he will do that over the next five days. This is what he is best at. Until somebody beats him, he is still the best team leader in the business. He will have re-engaged himself not just at Larry's insistence but of his own volition and he will be heavily involved in trying to get Oracle back on a winning pace."

Tom Ehman on any chance that OR-XEROX replicating their miraculous comeback feat in San Francisco, replied: "Not much, not bloody much.  I don't see there's a lot Oracle can do at this point."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indio said:

Tommy Ehman said Coutts will already be involving himself in Oracle's rescue bid: "Russell is still one of, if not the smartest person in the sport. Russell will be heavily involved because his boss Larry Ellison will insist that he become re-involved in the team. I saw it happen last time when I was involved in helping to run the event. At that point, Russell re-involved himself again intensively and he will do that over the next five days. This is what he is best at. Until somebody beats him, he is still the best team leader in the business. He will have re-engaged himself not just at Larry's insistence but of his own volition and he will be heavily involved in trying to get Oracle back on a winning pace."

Tom Ehman on any chance that OR-XEROX replicating their miraculous comeback feat in San Francisco, replied: "Not much, not bloody much.  I don't see there's a lot Oracle can do at this point."

Will see what happens? Lots of people think Larry will be done with it? I don't see how Russell can rescue them in 5 days and if he's that good why wasn't he involved in the design process? Doesn't make sense to me, are you saying he is CEO but not involved? Well there's your problem folks..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we look/listen closely in the coming week, we might notice a few OR rodents heading for the scuppers and a quick exit.

If it looks about the same on Sat night as it does now, expect the blame game to start up too (a la BA regarding their design product after bowing out after the Challenger semis).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

 

 

 

 

 

Barnacle ...quick tip ..simply go back to what ever dumpster you crawled out of you trash talking grub ...but I'm sure you're content knowing everytime you feel like getting laid you just crawl up a sheep's arse and hope someone will be passing. 

Seems like a bit of the pot calling the kettle black here. I mean the whole time you're insulting him while getting butt hurt about someone trash talking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Think you missed the original comment Sail and my response..it was directed at key design personal crossovers between OR and ENZ between AC34/35 not potentially between the two in AC35/36.

Got it. Sorry, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they're in the shed developing a water balloon launcher with a range of a couple hundred meters ahead - so they can at least have a little fun next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mariner said:

Has Russell Coutts ever lost the Cup?

Can you wait a week and ask this again? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaysper said:

Can you wait a week and ask this again? :D

He's cleverly removed himself from the actual race team this time, so technically he still may not have lost, it's almost like he felt it coming in the wind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Slingsby·

My view all day. TNZ are sailing faster and sailing smarter also. We are actually sailing faster than we were in the qualifiers so they have turned the jets on. We need to find some more speed and improve how we are sailing over the next week or we will be kissing the Cup goodbye. I still believe we can win this regatta and our team knows how to fight back P.S sorry for swearing on live tv around the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Tom Slingsby·

My view all day. TNZ are sailing faster and sailing smarter also. We are actually sailing faster than we were in the qualifiers so they have turned the jets on. We need to find some more speed and improve how we are sailing over the next week or we will be kissing the Cup goodbye. I still believe we can win this regatta and our team knows how to fight back P.S sorry for swearing on live tv around the world

Brings up the sandbagging issue once again. Did ENTZ really get that much faster between LV and finals? Could be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why does Jimmy keep saying oracle have been here before ?

in Sanfran OTUSA won race 4 by 8 seconds ... so I see no likeness whatsoever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

Brings up the sandbagging issue once again. Did ENTZ really get that much faster between LV and finals? Could be...

Between the RRs vs Oracle and now? Yes, totally!

ETNZ decided not to take the bait and scare the horses for the risk of just 1 point, knowing that it could comprise 4 points later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

Between the RRs vs Oracle and now? Yes, totally!

ETNZ decided not to take the bait and scare the horses for the risk of just 1 point, knowing that it could comprise 4 points later.

 

Yup, I've been saying it all along.

Now that they have scared the horses, they've only got 5 days to react.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

Between the RRs vs Oracle and now? Yes, totally!

ETNZ decided not to take the bait and scare the horses for the risk of just 1 point, knowing that it could comprise 4 points later.

 

It would explain the schoolboy multiple penalties/cock-ups in their last RR races

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If oracle does not win this. They will be back, I cant ever see USA not competing for the Americas Cup.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zillafreak said:

Brings up the sandbagging issue once again. Did ENTZ really get that much faster between LV and finals? Could be...

ETNZ sailed the RRs with the handbrake on..

It was funny hearing Joey Newton (OR-XEROX) saying of ETNZ: " This is not the same boat we beat twice in the RR!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MrTroy said:

If it's 6 races to zip this time next week I'd say it's on the cards.

If Larry truly wants to continue, and that's an if, he'll not be slow about changing the pitbull and anything else he thinks relevant. He brought BA to the party and Jimmy was pissed. No sacred cows for Larry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TN_Kiwi said:

they're in the shed developing a water balloon launcher with a range of a couple hundred meters ahead - so they can at least have a little fun next weekend.

Bow chasers are so 19th century. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how was the sandbagging accomplished, if indeed it happened? Foil trimming? More likely just not full power on the wing? Sailing technique?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ETNZ are still sandbagging.

No need to release the boats full potential unless required.

Might come in handy during AC36.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

ETNZ are still sandbagging.

No need to release the boats full potential unless required.

Might come in handy during AC36.

That's a very good point - in contrast, all challengers, and ORUSA will have had to show all they have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TN_Kiwi said:

That's a very good point - in contrast, all challengers, and ORUSA will have had to show all they have now.

No - ETNZ will throw everything they have left to throw at this boat before this Saturday.  Otherwise they risk letting OR mentally back in the game.  They will be focused on a clean sweep from here.  It is better to reveal everything and take the cup home than give OR a sniff and risk losing it.  I have no idea how this weekend will play out but I am certain ETNZ will make the boat as fast as they can in these 5 days and hold nothing back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cyclors had better keep an eye on their drink bottles.....wouldn't want to see a Tour De France style "contamination" doping allegation!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, starlyte said:

If oracle does not win this. They will be back, I cant ever see USA not competing for the Americas Cup.

 

USA will be back, but I don't think Orifice will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 1eyedkiwi said:

No - ETNZ will throw everything they have left to throw at this boat before this Saturday.  Otherwise they risk letting OR mentally back in the game.  They will be focused on a clean sweep from here.  It is better to reveal everything and take the cup home than give OR a sniff and risk losing it.  I have no idea how this weekend will play out but I am certain ETNZ will make the boat as fast as they can in these 5 days and hold nothing back.

I have looong been a proponent of the sandbagging theory but even I don't think ETNZ will leave anything on the table this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jaysper said:

USA will be back, but I don't think Orifice will be

I hope so as they have great sailors, technology and resources so they would be competitive. Pity this set up never really embraced the nationality aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I have looong been a proponent of the sandbagging theory but even I don't think ETNZ will leave anything on the table this weekend.

I understood if they hid things last weekend. but this coming weekend, Everything has to come out. no days off between races mean ETNZ will want to take this out in the first two days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, raging rash said:

I hope so as they have great sailors, technology and resources so they would be competitive. Pity this set up never really embraced the nationality aspect.

Whenever the Americans have lost the cup, the purse strings have been loosened (or even cut) and money pours from heaven into multiple challengers.

Why will this time be different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lartitude36S said:

ETNZ are still sandbagging.

No need to release the boats full potential unless required.

Might come in handy during AC36.

100% agree...

ETNZ after acquiring a sizable lead they must be throttling back to conserve boat and hold some speed and VMG  back if needed...predicting horizon job in last 2 races

ETNZ surely are not going back to the shed now and going..what  if we try this?...they are to slick not to have dotted all i's and T's

If Oracle had any more in the tank they would have already used it.

With all the spying going on makes me suspect Oracle, hook line and sinker bought into ETNZ sand bagging as they thought they had us covered for speed... Jimmy went off wasting time practicing starts and buzzing the J fleet  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jaysper said:

Whenever the Americans have lost the cup, the purse strings have been loosened (or even cut) and money pours from heaven into multiple challengers.

Why will this time be different?

Because kiwis through fucking good parties and our women are very generous with their assets. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Because kiwis through fucking good parties and our women are very generous with their assets. 

 

Kiwi woman are mostly fat slobs that wear tack pants and pyjamas out shopping for KFC... and the accent is rough and classless.

The rest are ugly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Auld Mug said:

Kiwi woman are mostly fat slobs that wear tack pants and pyjamas out shopping for KFC... and the accent is rough and classless.

The rest are ugly.

 

That maybe because when you came here you could only afford to stay in Otara. I've been reading your posts. You do strike me as a fat, black woman's play thing. 

Enjoy. 

 

Screenshot_20170620-185814.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Auld Mug said:

Kiwi woman are mostly fat slobs that wear tack pants and pyjamas out shopping for KFC... and the accent is rough and classless.

The rest are ugly.

 

Yes but they breed sailors that will kick everyone's ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

That maybe because when you came here you could only afford to stay in Otara. I've been reading your posts. You do strike me as a fat, black woman's play thing. 

Enjoy. 

 

Screenshot_20170620-185814.jpg

Bro... I'm not the one with photos like that saved on my phone.... bro.

 

Enjoy + ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Auld Mug said:

Kiwi woman are mostly fat slobs that wear tack pants and pyjamas out shopping for KFC... and the accent is rough and classless.

The rest are ugly.

 

Just caught this pic of Rachael outside KFC in Huntly. In her pyjamas. mmmm

2B321BBC00000578-3190169-image-m-62_1439018636363.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Yes but they breed sailors that will kick everyone's ass. 

No blacks on ETNZ  bro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minimumfuss said:

Just caught this pic of Rachael outside KFC in Huntly. In her pyjamas. mmmm

2B321BBC00000578-3190169-image-m-62_1439018636363.jpg

She don't look likeep that now cuzzie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Because kiwis through fucking good parties and our women are very generous with their assets. 

 

I'm not sure what that has to do with my statement? ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Auld Mug said:

Kiwi woman are mostly fat slobs that wear tack pants and pyjamas out shopping for KFC... and the accent is rough and classless.

The rest are ugly.

 

So you're living in Hawke's Bay? Ah well, I guess somebody has to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barnacle Bill said:

Mmmm KFC 

 

A great American invention. Why don't they sponsor Team USA? Plenty of poor people in pyjamas watch cup racing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jaysper said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with my statement? ?????

Oh. The real answer is: I hope so. If Larry hangs up his little cunt-act dream and some of the more respected teams/funders return, The Cup will have some chance of regaining the respect it deserves. 

That is, if ETNZ don't go punch drunk and do some proper weird shit. Ah, and if they manage to come back from 3-0 up and win it FFS. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Just caught this pic of Rachael outside KFC in Huntly. In her pyjamas. mmmm

2B321BBC00000578-3190169-image-m-62_1439018636363.jpg

Is that a party pack?

or a 

wicked meal

or a

deluxe quarter pack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

A great American invention. Why don't they sponsor Team USA? Plenty of poor people in pyjamas watch cup racing. 

It is fact that KFC decides where to build their restaurants based on the demographic of an area. KFC target low income ethnic communities first. You can walk past four KFC restaurants in one hour in South Auckland. On the north shore you can do the same, but in a car, not walking. 

Kooking For Coons is a hideous term meaning KFC. I don't eat the shit. 

Oh, and I'm not black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now