Do you really think RC and the oracle builders would be talking like this if they wernt planning an upset? This is all mind games / smoke and mirrors to throw us off and slap us in the face if OR win.

1 RACE AT A TIME!!!

6 minutes ago, PlainCrazy said:

Do you really think RC and the oracle builders would be talking like this if they wernt planning an upset? This is all mind games / smoke and mirrors to throw us off and slap us in the face if OR win.

1 RACE AT A TIME!!!

I have to agree, guys on the payroll talking their own team down doesn't feel right. 

Just now, Paddywackery said:

I have to agree, guys on the payroll talking their own team down doesn't feel right. 

Same here. Coutts is the master of misdirection. Remember NZL 32 being a dog and the Tri being no good in the light air.

9 minutes ago, PlainCrazy said:

1 RACE AT A TIME!!!

You're probably right. But do you think the guys at ETNZ is listening? Not fucking likely.

1 minute ago, Sailbydate said:

You're probably right. But do you think the guys at ETNZ is listening? Not fucking likely.

Too right! Nobody at ETNZ gives a flying fuck what any of these clowns say. Knuckled down, focused and determined as they've demonstrated since they arrived. 

17 minutes ago, PlainCrazy said:

1 RACE AT A TIME!!!

We bow to your superior tin-foil hat!!:lol:

11 minutes ago, desprit said:

Same here. Coutts is the master of misdirection. Remember NZL 32 being a dog and the Tri being no good in the light air.

Not quite right there. It was Sir Peter Blake's subterfuge which put about the rumour that NZ38 was quicker than NZ32, while all along, the crew knew NZ32 was the better all-round boat. The strategy was to have the American's think their yardstick was NZ38, while all along NZ32 had the legs over her.

35 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Not quite right there. It was Sir Peter Blake's subterfuge which put about the rumour that NZ38 was quicker than NZ32, while all along, the crew knew NZ32 was the better all-round boat. The strategy was to have the American's think their yardstick was NZ38, while all along NZ32 had the legs over her.

Read Coutt's book where he describes how they convinced everyone that NZL 32 was slower than NZL20 in order to dissuade other teams from pushing that corner of the design envelope.  He was clearly very much a part of that strategy.  

Im so nervous.. Oracle may have what it takes.

I am looking forward to tomorrows racing, but I am already sick to the stomach!

Imagine how ETNZ crew are feeling

Staff at Southern Spars in Auckland, who built Team New Zealand's boat, are also confident they have the winning catamaran. They revealed this week that TNZ's boat was considerably lighter than Oracle, due to carbon-fibre technology developed in-house, as were the crew overall. That gave them an advantage in being able to get up on the foils quicker and more easily in light winds.

This seems like a pretty basic and key performance advantage to me (everything else being equal) - But with identical hulls and wings what scope is there to make a considerably lighter boat - are we talking entirely in the appendages and bows?

If true it must also have had ETNZ a bit worried during the day the wind was at the top limit, since lighter usually means weaker?

Is there a minimum and maximum weight rule?

Surely every team would have been striving for the lightest configuration since all the righting moment these days comes from foils rather than a keel?

10 minutes ago, starlyte said:

Raring to go, I'd say. Bring it on!

29 minutes ago, starlyte said:

I'm still suffering 2013 ptsd and even I reckon the boys have got this.

Jack, you are a genius. That explains Jimmy's camouflage steering wheel!

4 hours ago, buckdouger said:

Wow.. there are a lot of pretty confident statements in that piece. I wouldn't think it would be possible to take a harder fall than the 8-1 loss, but being practically guaranteed a win by all sorts of commentators is setting ETNZ fans up for a pretty big heartbreak if something simply goes wrong. Not the kind of statements I'd be giving on or off the record at 3-0 up, first to 7 points if I was affiliated with the team; and certainly possible that coming from opponents it's meant to be some kind of head-fake, though I don't see it ruffling the sailors. The truth is, nobody knows what is going to happen here, and luck alone can tip things either way.

Most of the comments are from the Oracle side.
Unless you can provide a link to any ETNZ staff saying they will win?

29 minutes ago, tech said:

Jack, you are a genius. That explains Jimmy's camouflage steering wheel!

Hallelujah someone has finally started joining the dots. 

Sure you don't want to rethink these comments boys???

On 2017-6-22 at 3:16 PM, eastcoastlow said:

Has anyone else noticed the the Oracle steering wheel is painted in a camouflage pattern and has "PITBULL" printed on the centre of the forward facing side of it? 

IMG_0925.JPG

On 2017-6-22 at 3:28 PM, rh2600 said:

Yeah, that wheel is the fucken *lamest* thing ever eh...

On 2017-6-22 at 5:26 PM, 1eyedkiwi said:

This just screams arrogance and complacency to me. Who made the decision to do that? Surely LE or someone will be asking why they wasted time on the colour of the wheel when they could have been focused on making the boat go faster!

On 2017-6-22 at 6:03 PM, Barnacle Bill said:

^ The wheel speaks of the man behind it. A fool. That's all I have to share on the matter. 

amazing-property-defense-using-the-ambush-military-tactic-3-638.jpg

7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Sure you don't want to rethink these comments boys???

amazing-property-defense-using-the-ambush-military-tactic-3-638.jpg

Arrogance - Jimmys bluff is just about up - 

The writings on the wall Jimbo  and you know it

2 hours ago, starlyte said:

I imagine they have a bit more intestinal fortitude than you do...they are gonna wake up ready to kick some arse...

Saturday will answer all the questions. Realistically, I think NZ still owns this. The optimist in me is hoping Oracle pulled the craziest sandbag effort ever to wipe out the five day window to change the boat. Either way, I just hope both boats sail safe and we get a good show. 

21 minutes ago, ro! said:

I imagine they have a bit more intestinal fortitude than you do...they are gonna wake up ready to kick some arse...

They're just gonna wake up, have some breakfast, have a meeting to discuss the day's tasks, and then go to work as usual. No fuss, no muss.

38 minutes ago, ro! said:

you are right, cos i feel a bit odd before every single race :)

2 hours ago, NorthKorean said:

Most of the comments are from the Oracle side.
Unless you can provide a link to any ETNZ staff saying they will win?

No, I cannot.. I'm more thinking of anyone affiliated with the team hypothetically involved in the premature identification of a location to host in NZ and leaking that to the press.  The supposedly neutral commentators like KR also contribute to this possibly overconfident sense of inevitability, and the amount of relief it and the week's articles engender in some of the posts by kiwi fans may be setting them up for a sad outcome.

1 hour ago, d2ba said:

For a man who just joined SA early this week you are what you are...up with girlfriends tits or fuck off 

26 minutes ago, buckdouger said:

No, I cannot.. I'm more thinking of anyone affiliated with the team hypothetically involved in the premature identification of a location to host in NZ and leaking that to the press.  The supposedly neutral commentators like KR also contribute to this possibly overconfident sense of inevitability, and the amount of relief it and the week's articles engender in some of the posts by kiwi fans may be setting them up for a sad outcome.

Maybe. Maybe not. Bring it on. We're about to find out.

Go ETNZ!

Still pisses me off that Xerox would even give themselves five days to copy.

Good luck to ETNZ.

For the betterment of the AC you need to win....

3 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Bring it on. We're about to find out.

Go ETNZ!

Sail everyone in NZ driving around in the car today should put this Lenny number on their 8 track (or the wealthy ones their cassette player) :rolleyes:.....then again maybe not a good idea...no one will sleep a wink tonight with that going through their head.

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Sail everyone in NZ driving around in the car today should put this Lenny number on their 8 track (or the wealthy ones their cassette player) :rolleyes:.....then again maybe not a good idea...no one will sleep a wink tonight with that going through their head.

Very appropriate, Jack. ;)

24 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

Still pisses me off that Xerox would even give themselves five days to copy.

Good luck to ETNZ.

For the betterment of the AC you need to win....

Cmon get real. Are you suggesting 12+ months in advance they knew they were going to be off the pace?

Rightly or wrongly they did it for tv. Nothing sinister about it. 

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Cmon get real. Are you suggesting 12+ months in advance they knew they were going to be off the pace?

Bloody convenient for them though isn't it.

Let's hope they've all made the best of those 5 days. I'd like to see some close racing (but not TOO close of course) this weekend.

1 minute ago, Sailbydate said:

Bloody convenient for them though isn't it.

Let's hope they've all made the best of those 5 days. I'd like to see some close racing (but not TOO close of course) this weekend.

I don't. I hope they have completely fucked their boats performance so my heart rate can stay below 100% during the races.

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I don't. I hope they have completely fucked their boats performance so my heart rate can stay below 100% during the races.

Ha, ha. I've just doubled my dose of Cilazapril so I'm hoping my BP will be OK! :D

24 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Very appropriate, Jack. ;)

Oh by god Sail I'm not too sure about Lenny's song being appropriate ... actresses, singers, song writers, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Imbruglia and Kylie Minogue were all at one stage dating Lenny...

....and all three grew up just down the road from Jimmy Spithill and nearly the entire OR crew...these omens are coming thick and fast now. Sleep well mate.

images (74).jpg

images (75).jpg

images (76).jpg

12 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Then why have a five day break, why not 1 day.

23 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

Then why have a five day break, why not 1 day.

There's no way that NBC would put the AC on on-air free TV in the US on a weekday morning.

2 hours ago, TN_Kiwi said:

They're just gonna wake up, have some breakfast, have a meeting to discuss the day's tasks, and then go to work as usual. No fuss, no muss.

There's definitely some tension on the base, but not enough to interfere with exactly what you're pointing out - this is business and it needs to get done, so they're gonna do it.   

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

For a man who just joined SA early this week you are what you are...up with girlfriends tits or fuck off 

photo-5888.gif

Looking at the weather not sure I would like to be in Murray's shoes this weekend and with it freshening Monday. A lot of potential for his calls to leave one team and their supporters not very happy.

2 minutes ago, NorthKorean said:

I will be livid if come tomorrow Oracle are suddenly as fast or faster than TNZ

I think a few Nzers would be suicidal. 

However the nz boat just seems to have too many advantages that cannot be copied in time. 

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

..and have to que up to make things worse

lemmings-350x220.jpg

That joke is as tired as your mum on Sunday mornings mate...

BTW in regards to your wheel question - even Oracle winning this wouldn't change the fact that the camo/pitbull schtick is fucking lame...

Weak lame ass Xerox having to go crying to their five homo partners asking how to beat ETNZ.

Ainslee on the news admitting it.

Doughnut punchers all of them.

2 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

Weak lame ass Xerox having to go crying to their five homo partners asking how to beat ETNZ.

Ainslee on the news admitting it.

Doughnut punchers all of them.

Not France I reckon. They loaned us some boat builders to recover after the pitch pole.

I also wonder if Artemis would have actually helped them.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Gee what a unexpected response..

junk in, junk out

50 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Not France I reckon. They loaned us some boat builders to recover after the pitch pole.

No they didn't - I forget whether it was KS or GD, but someone from within the team knocked that rumor on its head

3 hours ago, d2ba said:

We have the best all round package

meaningless-gestures-bush-thumb.jpg

Are the photo and text not a contradiction of terms?

7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

There's definitely some tension on the base, but not enough to interfere with exactly what you're pointing out - this is business and it needs to get done, so they're gonna do it.   

Alan that may well have been the case yesterday but things have changed dramaticaly overnight.

I suggest you dust off that DarknStormy hangover, get on your bike and scoot over to OR HQ fuckin quick smart.

Note the sudden increase in security at that joint when you get there. A presser will be happening there very shortly I'm led to believe. Seems some crates arrived last night from Germany for OR. I'm told the presser announcement will be that OR will either race their #2 boat today or won't be racing at all and will forfeit (if indeed there is any racing weather  wise), and that situation may even extend to tomorrow up untill potentially the deciding race in the afternoon.

Seems OR need the time to get this new Herman stuff fitted and signed off by the MC for boat #1 to splash again. 

Thought you might appreciate this heads up with your noggin being a bit fuzzy and all.

Any evidence of this - seems very unlikely an out of the box addition or replacement would prevail over ETNZ without proper trial and testing ?  

No one can doubt they have tried hard - guess they had to go back a few days/races to get some video of O being in front of ETNZ.

At ths stage better to look forward though I think :) (fingers and toes crossed) Go ETNZ

13 minutes ago, PabloAU said:

3 hrs to go - anyone seen the fat lady?

Shes in bed with R C 

fat.png

48 minutes ago, Eiar said:

Any evidence of this - seems very unlikely an out of the box addition or replacement would prevail over ETNZ without proper trial and testing ?  

Turn on your TV and dial up your sports channel in about 25 minutes....PS..my bet is your German right?

Comeback ! Go Team USA!!!

3 minutes ago, BDABOUND said:

Not sure about the German rumors..... Oracle has been out on the water warming up for hours already today. 

Look closely at the paintwork...it's a bit soft in places.

apologies if it is posted previosly - out of the horses mouth... Kev Shoebridge

Actually O went out after ETNZ - they should be good and warm with up to 3 sails a day over the last few days. If anything maybe a bit tired especially if it goes to 3 races.

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Alan that may well have been the case yesterday but things have changed dramaticaly overnight.

I suggest you dust off that DarknStormy hangover, get on your bike and scoot over to OR HQ fuckin quick smart.

Note the sudden increase in security at that joint when you get there. A presser will be happening there very shortly I'm led to believe. Seems some crates arrived last night from Germany for OR. I'm told the presser announcement will be that OR will either race their #2 boat today or won't be racing at all and will forfeit (if indeed there is any racing weather  wise), and that situation may even extend to tomorrow up untill potentially the deciding race in the afternoon.

Seems OR need the time to get this new Herman stuff fitted and signed off by the MC for boat #1 to splash again. 

Thought you might appreciate this heads up with your noggin being a bit fuzzy and all.

Love it. 

For a real story, check this out:

Some 8 months ago, Russell flicked Jimmy from the helm for Slingers.  Jimmy is said to have gone immediately over his head to Larry and gotten his job back.  This set up some serious friction between Tom and Jimmy, which certainly hasn't helped matters much.  

Ran into several OTUSA team members last night as well; none of them seem all that bothered, strangely.  It almost seems like they're cool with a Kiwi win.  Weird.

From Bruni: OR has lengthened its low wind boards

He consider boats performance almost even, but nervous Spithill is using too much oil on the twist grip

Ye Ha! Way to go Team USA!!!

1 minute ago, Doug Lord said:

Ye Ha! Way to go Team USA!!!

+1000!!! Way to go OTUSA!!!

17 minutes ago, mattdarnell said:

Burling - "great to see a bit of fight out of these boys"

What a wanker

i  wanted him to say "its about time"

It was nicer than last weekend, he said 'they sailed well today... in the pre-start'

2 minutes ago, hoom said:

It was nicer than last weekend, he said 'they sailed well today... in the pre-start'

Reminds me of much of a genius Ray Davies was when they were up 8-1 in '13.

I could have call tactics and ENTZ would have still won those first few races.

44 minutes ago, mattdarnell said:

Burling - "great to see a bit of fight out of these boys"

What a wanker

Sledging not so fun when you are on the receiving end eh?

If you don't like this sort of stuff you don't want to know about this guy called Jimmy Spithill!

Really hard to see much difference now between these two. It really seems like OR have come up with a whole of little things in 5 days to advance while ENZ appear glued to the same spot. If so the longer this draws out may favour OR in the boat speed department. Will also bring more pressure and importance back to the starts where OR might have the edge. ENZ supporters have good cause to be really worried now.

1 minute ago, rh2600 said:

Sledging not so fun when you are on the receiving end eh?

If you don't like this sort of stuff you don't want to know about this guy called Jimmy Spithill!

Spithill likes to play mind games but I don't ever remember him insulting the competition.

Yes, JS takes it beyond wankerism into the realms of auto-fellatio.