1 hour ago, hargikas said:

This is fucking awesome!

Best post of the regatta!

5 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

This is fucking awesome!

Yep. That is some seriously funny shit. Kudos to whoever captioned it! brilliant.

20 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Thank you. Just woke everyone up laughing.PS still laughing 

I hear ya.  I felt the same way when I saw this:

av5r92.jpg

Shit, even today its still good for a laugh.  ;)

WetHog  :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

This is fucking awesome!

this brightened up an even brighter day .. thanks ....... hope to see otusa   down here soon ....... have you guys heard of  "Mullet Boats" ... you better

I don't want to see team OTUSA ever again.

I'd love to see multiple USA challengers down here though, including Jimmy, he was a class act today as we all knew he would be.

Fuck Larry, I enjoyed seeing the sour look on that assholes face. 

21 minutes ago, WetHog said:

I hear ya.  I felt the same way when I saw this:

av5r92.jpg

Shit, even today its still good for a laugh.  ;)

Yes that was a bit embarrassing. Jimmy only just kept his shit together today too. 

Commiserations, OTUSA.

You made the best of a bad situation and came back a stronger competitor after the longest 5-day period in AC history. But sadly, in the end, it was still a 1-boat race.

Looking forward to several American Challengers for AC36 in Auckland and possibly an Aussie Challenger too.

It's be a marvellous, Match. Thanks for your part in it.

2 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

Congratulations to Team New Zealand!

What he said....

PS you people that think it was funny seeing Barker broken up like that are contemptible assholes.....

41 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

What he said....

PS you people that think it was funny seeing Barker broken up like that are contemptible assholes.....

I never thought I'd agree with you, but this time I do.
Laughing about someone crying, being happy about someone being down, showing no empathy is characterless of the worst sort.

1 hour ago, minimumfuss said:

Yes that was a bit embarrassing. Jimmy only just kept his shit together today too. 

And he just got his ass kicked.  He didn't get his ass kicked while choking away a 8-1 lead. 

19 minutes ago, WetHog said:

And he just got his ass kicked.  He didn't get his ass kicked while choking away a 8-1 lead. 

If you believe that then you should realise that JS instead managed to choke before the regatta even kicked off... by your measure that makes him biggest choker ever in AC, and ETNZ's victory the biggest AC comeback ever...

Seriously, I agree with Doug - finding grown men's souls being bared funny is a pretty unsavoury trait and demonstrates zero empathy..

I think JS can be an arse, but I took no joy in hearing him break down today... that would be pure sadism

38 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

I never thought I'd agree with you, but this time I do.
Laughing about someone crying, being happy about someone being down, showing no empathy is characterless of the worst sort.

There are people on this planet that make Mr Barkers problems of not winning a  piece of silverware seem absolutely joyous.

I don't laugh at his misfortune of not winning but I cringe at his weakness.

^^ JS breaking down? Sounds like some here are looking to inflict cruelty, trying to take personal scalps. Yes, pure sadism.

I had the broadcast on the big screen but mostly paid attention to the onboard feed and audio on the OR yacht, on a smaller screen. I was 'there' and it could not have been a better or classier effort, even after crossing the finish line. 

The team, fronted by JS, was very gracious and classy in the various post race ceremonies too, as were RC and LE. Before ETNZ even reached the dock they had a round of congratulations beverages, delivered from LE's yacht Musashi, labels right on them. Glen specifically thanked them for it later, speaking on the LV stage.

ACEA did a perfectly classy job of it all too.

16 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

There are people on this planet that make Mr Barkers problems of not winning a  piece of silverware seem absolutely joyous.

I don't laugh at his misfortune of not winning but I cringe at his weakness.

Weakness hell !!!!

How about an Aussie team challenging next time? Outteridge as skipper, Ashby as tactication and the entire Australian Olympic pursuit team pedalling :)

1 hour ago, ~Stingray~ said:

^^ JS breaking down? Sounds like some here are looking to inflict cruelty, trying to take personal scalps. Yes, pure sadism.

I had the broadcast on the big screen but mostly paid attention to the onboard feed and audio on the OR yacht, on a smaller screen. I was 'there' and it could not have been a better or classier effort, even after crossing the finish line. 

The team, fronted by JS, was very gracious and classy in the various post race ceremonies too, as were RC and LE. Before ETNZ even reached the dock they had a round of congratulations beverages, delivered from LE's yacht Musashi, labels right on them. Glen specifically thanked them for it later, speaking on the LV stage.

If you are referring to me, I was referring JS's voice breaking during the post-race on-boat interview, he was feeling it and basically cut the interview short, and it's not something I take pleasure in...

Jimmy was emotional right after the race and rightly so,  after years of effort. Normal human behaviour from a top competitor. NZ wouldn't care about the AC if it wasn't hard. Despite all the shit flung around I haven't seen or heard anyone today in Bermuda being anything but gracious in both winning and losing, whilst acknowledging their differences. I hope all the teams return to Auckland plus a few more. 

Agreed. Can't fault OR for how they have accepted defeat, especially JS.

Well, that was fun while it lasted but it's a bit sad it has ended. It's been a real buzz reflecting on the last 4 years, and in full appreciation for Grant Dalton's stubbornness, industry, and commitment to return for unfinished business. Without him and his special relationships with GAshby, Burling, Mateo, Emirates and the rest of the sponsors, we would not be where we are today.

To all the OR supporters, we hope to see your team in Auckland for AC36. Jimmy Spithill showed his true self today, not the favourite target fo the media for his outrageous and at times comical baiting. I hope he remains in the AC along with his team.

So long folks!! Might pop in every now and then but won't be here as much as I have been since February....

Thoroughly enjoyable regatta.

17 hours ago, kenergy said:

We don't know what the recent changes they have made to the boat will do to the heavy air performance though, they have (finally) figured out what the weather conditions are at this time of the year and set the boat for them, I doubt this won't have an impact on the other end. 

1-382-million-so-you-re-saying-there-is-a-chance-16169787.png

Protest them....for something? :)

Congrats to TNZ!

3 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

You talk your game up and fire pot shots like he did at the beginning of the regatta then you have to expect to get a bit of it back when it doesn't go your way. It's all part of the often vicious entertainment game JS plays.

Same deal if it was PB talking smack and then losing.

Either way someone had to lose I'm sure the Oracle team did their best with what they had, just as ETNZ did. Shame it wasn't a bit closer considering all this 'one design' jazz, but LE and RS had their crack at it and it didn't work as intended (although the world series part was really cool imo, even if not executed as well as promised either) so chapter closed, upwards and onwards.

See you in 4 years?

3 hours ago, rh2600 said:

If you believe that then you should realise that JS instead managed to choke before the regatta even kicked off... by your measure that makes him biggest choker ever in AC, and ETNZ's victory the biggest AC comeback ever...

Seriously, I agree with Doug - finding grown men's souls being bared funny is a pretty unsavoury trait and demonstrates zero empathy..

I think JS can be an arse, but I took no joy in hearing him break down today... that would be pure sadism

I was initially responding to a ETNZ fan that was talking shit.  Specifically making fun of OR when, despite todays result, the shadow of the AC34 choke still looms large.  NZ is supposedly home to true sportsmanship and I am just calling out shit talkers when I see it.  

Not sure how JS is the biggest choker ever.  Hes won the thing twice and got boat speeded this time.  Hes a dick but his legacy is secure, in a good way.

As for the rest, harden the fuck up, puss.

4 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

What he said....

Yeah, I agree. What a cunthole attitude.

Shit Doug, I'm agreeing with you TWICE in one day. WTF?

8 minutes ago, zaTTaz said:

You talk your game up and fire pot shots like he did at the beginning of the regatta then you have to expect to get a bit of it back when it doesn't go your way. It's all part of the often vicious entertainment game JS plays.

Same deal if it was PB talking smack and then losing.

Either way someone had to lose I'm sure the Oracle team did their best with what they had, just as ETNZ did. Shame it wasn't a bit closer considering all this 'one design' jazz, but LE and RS had their crack at it and it didn't work as intended (although the world series part was really cool imo, even if not executed as well as promised either) so chapter closed, upwards and onwards.

See you in 4 years?

But just so you know, you DON'T get to claim a higher level of sportsmanship if you put shit on people like you have.

Jimmy gave me the shits in the last AC and I have made no secret of that, but he was much to my surprise gracious in defeat.

How about trying to be gracious in victory? Then you can assume some form of moral high ground.

3 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

How soon we forget...you and the west coast mafia were merciless on Barker, Dalton and the rest of the TNZ chokers last time, and you in particular have slagged off Dalts for the last three years...

your heros have fucked with TNZ on so many occasions this cup and you have been thier biggest supporter, so don't come here telling us how fucking classy they are..

16 minutes ago, ro! said:

How soon we forget...you and the west coast mafia were merciless on Barker, Dalton and the rest of the TNZ chokers last time, and you in particular have slagged off Dalts for the last three years...

your heros have fucked with TNZ on so many occasions this cup and you have been thier biggest supporter, so don't come here telling us how fucking classy they are..

I don't remember it that way.  We, including Stinger, were pretty humble about the win.  

And looking back over old posts I didn't see any shit talking, at least from the regular OR fans on here, but feel free to prove me wrong.  I provided a link for you to start your search:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/forum/23-americas-cup-anarchy/&page=12

I was falling all over myself in praise for the racing looking back over those threads.  I was a chump.  Ding dong the witch OR-BDA is dead.

4 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Except for the trashy announcer. Where on earth did he come from?

1 minute ago, DayTripper said:

Except for the trashy announcer. Where on earth did he come from?

If that's all you have to complain about, then you've done really well.

Personally, I would have liked to see Rachel Sawden present the cup in her bikini! :D

But on a more serious note, I think the venue was just STUNNING. Beautiful weather, surroundings and water.

Also, the way the water front was set up looked likewise amazing, at least when viewed on TV.

The issues I have with it (other than it having nothing to do with the Defender) are that it was too remote to attract sufficient spectators and too small to host them if they had turned up. And before everyone jumps on me about NZ being remote: 1) Yeah, we are remote. 2) I am more referring to the COST of an airfare to get here.

Commiserations to Team Oracle. 

Nice to see the Oracle boys handle defeat with grace and good character. Joining them for a beer was a great touch. 

Looking forward to seeing the Oracle Team in Auckland, albeit likely with a few more American faces. 

11 minutes ago, jaysper said:

The issues I have with it (other than it having nothing to do with the Defender) are that it was too remote to attract sufficient spectators and too small to host them if they had turned up. And before everyone jumps on me about NZ being remote: 1) Yeah, we are remote. 2) I am more referring to the COST of an airfare to get here.

Yep Sydney Bermuda $2000 one way and 40 hours

Sydney Auckland $200 and 3 hours

Exactly, WH. No matter the personal-attack diatribes ro! always posts, it's important to instead take the high road and to applaud the good stuff as we see it, including this terrific Cup win by the team from NZ.

You make decent, heartfelt additions as always.

1 hour ago, WetHog said:

I was initially responding to a ETNZ fan that was talking shit.  Specifically making fun of OR when, despite todays result, the shadow of the AC34 choke still looms large.  NZ is supposedly home to true sportsmanship and I am just calling out shit talkers when I see it.  

Not sure how JS is the biggest choker ever.  Hes won the thing twice and got boat speeded this time.  Hes a dick but his legacy is secure, in a good way.

As for the rest, harden the fuck up, puss.

Oh I'm hard hog... trust me... I had the best morning glory in history, and by 2:30pm now in NZ after a celebratory lunch washed down with a bottle of prosecco to celebrate our worthy CoR I'm borderline priapism at this point...

In your world JS got boat speeded, but DB choked...

In mine, JS had all the money, all the cards, all the rules, all the resources, all the ego, all the evil dark arts at his disposal and wilted like.... oh I don't know.. a soggy soft piece of bacon...

Did I mention I'm hard? ;-)

4 minutes ago, ~Stingray~ said:

Exactly, WH. No matter the personal-attack diatribes ro! always posts, it's important to take the higher road and to applaud the good stuff as we we see it, including this terrific win by the team from NZ.

You make heartfelt additions as always.

Ignore ro(mo)! I've had him on ignore for (literally) years now.

Perhaps he is an Indio sock puppet?

Nah, probably not. Even Indio posts some good stuff on here with a signal to noise ratio of about 5:1.

This dickhead is practically all noise.

Was just facebook chatting with someone over in Bermuda who's been at some after-parties and he said there's already talk going about that Jimmy is out on his arse at Oracle - heard from an OR team member. He completely failed to do what was asked despite a massive budget, more time and resources - not to mention that he undertook a personal role in the management of the team (aspects of design included).

While he finally showed some humility in defeat here he's had a week to get ready for it and it was no surprise to them really once the first four races had been sailed. He is a prick of the highest order primarily for how badly he wins, not how he reacts to losses. Anyone can be a bit of a sore loser in the moment but his gloating - including after the round robin - showed his real character.

To see him get completely schooled by Burling in the prestarts (something like 6 losses, 2 wins and a dead heat) has shown serious shortcomings in his own ability even more than the boat-speed difference did in the race results.

15 minutes ago, bob202 said:

Was just facebook chatting with someone over in Bermuda who's been at some after-parties and he said there's already talk going about that Jimmy is out on his arse at Oracle - heard from an OR team member. He completely failed to do what was asked despite a massive budget, more time and resources - not to mention that he undertook a personal role in the management of the team (aspects of design included).

While he finally showed some humility in defeat here he's had a week to get ready for it and it was no surprise to them really once the first four races had been sailed. He is a prick of the highest order primarily for how badly he wins, not how he reacts to losses. Anyone can be a bit of a sore loser in the moment but his gloating - including after the round robin - showed his real character.

To see him get completely schooled by Burling in the prestarts (something like 6 losses, 2 wins and a dead heat) has shown serious shortcomings in his own ability even more than the boat-speed difference did in the race results.

someone had to loose... #thereisnosecond

19 minutes ago, bob202 said:

Yeah, I commented a few days ago that anyone can be gracious while taking a pounding. It takes real character to be gracious whilst rubbing your balls all over your opponent.

Just wish Dalton had shown some grace, despite all the shit he has had to put up with. I hate the way he has handled things :(

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Yeah, I commented a few days ago that anyone can be gracious while taking a pounding. It takes real character to be gracious whilst rubbing your balls all over your opponent.

Just wish Dalton had shown some grace, despite all the shit he has had to put up with. I hate the way he has handled things :(

+100 on the gracious losing vs arsehole winning... comparing JS congratulating a wildly better team vs GD not congratulating a wildly inferior team is not the same thing.

Whilst we are taking shots can I also add that IMHO Artemis would have beaten OR too... hell I think even BAR would have given them a run for their money...

Humility is easy when you have nothing...

24 minutes ago, bob202 said:

You would have to know whether the completely different setup of controls on ETNZ was a benefit in prestarts or not. There were 4 cyclists with hands free to make adjustments.

God I just said in the other thread can't we calm down, but gee's PB owns Spitty in the prestarts yet people just finding excuses instead of saying yea Peter Burling owned Spitty 

8 minutes ago, DevsNzL said:

God I just said in the other thread can't we calm down, but gee's PB owns Spitty in the prestarts yet people just finding excuses instead of saying yea Peter Burling owned Spitty 

Perhaps PB did own him but for more than a decade Spithill dominated the match racing scene. His prestarts have been legendary.

This hasn't been PBs background and I'm pretty sure if you put the two into a couple of j80s for a match race start JS would still teach him a few lessons.

I'm still hoping an explanation of how the controls were used on ETNZ will be forthcoming from the team.

Yea for more than a decade, guess what a new Top Dog is in town and he has made his mark 

6 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Perhaps PB did own him but for more than a decade Spithill dominated the match racing scene. His prestarts have been legendary.

This hasn't been PBs background and I'm pretty sure if you put the two into a couple of j80s for a match race start JS would still teach him a few lessons.

I'm still hoping an explanation of how the controls were used on ETNZ will be forthcoming from the team.

When an explanation about how the controls were used on the Oracle boat in 2013 is forthcoming, an explanation from ETNZ will be forthcoming. I doubt we will ever get one from Oracle regarding 2013, so you might as well give up on that hope.

2 minutes ago, sclarke said:

When an explanation about how the controls were used on the Oracle boat in 2013 is forthcoming, an explanation from ETNZ will be forthcoming. I doubt we will ever get one from Oracle regarding 2013, so you might as well give up on that hope.

ETNZ more than any other crew could pull off foiling tacks and gybes. That prestart 270 degree turn by Peter Burling to get the hook on Day 4 was testament to ETNZ control systems.

14 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

I disagree, in any one design boat PB would 100% own Spithill, match racing or fleet. I think Ben Ainslie, Ian Williams, or Taylor Canfield would all own Jimmy.

1 hour ago, bob202 said:

Spithill has nothing to be ashamed of - massive budget my arse -  Larry wouldn't pay for two boats, two crews, etc....that was a huge difference maker.

1 hour ago, rh2600 said:

Whilst we are taking shots can I also add that IMHO Artemis would have beaten OR too... hell I think even BAR would have given them a run for their money...

TNZ was simply in a class by themselves in the light air.  Artemis was great in the heavy air but would have been behind OR in the light stuff.

3 minutes ago, mattdarnell said:

Spithill has nothing to be ashamed of - massive budget my arse -  Larry wouldn't pay for two boats, two crews, etc....that was a huge difference maker.

I thought SBTJ was supported by ORAUS.

24 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Yet Jimmy's "legendary" starting was conspicuously absent in the Match

Good luck waiting for that :lol:. ETNZ's auto-pilot-powered control system is their IP which they would safeguard for AC36.

16 minutes ago, mattdarnell said:

They had 300 staff, and were in Bermuda for three years. They half-funded another whole team (Japan) as well which was, for all intents and purposes, their 2nd boat in development.

He may not have anything to be ashamed of in terms of boat design/team spend but in the area he had most control over, the pre-starts, he proved to be not only extremely overrated but actually a liability. In that respect he completely failed to live up to the reputation which he used to command big $$.

15 minutes ago, mattdarnell said:

Did that count as the defender's second boat?

Well they practised together and shared information with a boat they'd funded to some extent, from what I understand, so yes, it functioned as a second boat.

3 minutes ago, bob202 said:

He may not have anything to be ashamed of in terms of boat design/team spend but in the area he had most control over, the pre-starts, he proved to be not only extremely overrated but actually a liability.

All a boat had to do in the pre-starts was get to the lay line not too early and Jimmy had nothing.

Matt, exactly what would be the benefit of building a 2nd boat that would have to be ostensibly identical to the first, could only be launched in a small window of time and only if the 1st boat was damaged through no fault of Oracle's? The 2nd boat thing is a complete non-sequitur. Read the rules.

27 minutes ago, mattdarnell said:

Did that count as the defender's second boat?

Well, they two-boat tested for over 2 years, even during and after OR-JPN was eliminated after the LVACQ, something which OR-XEROX would not have been able to do under the Protocol.

When the (silver?) medals were being handed out to the OR crew, did anybody notice that Jimmy didn't get one?

4 hours ago, ~Stingray~ said:

That's a classic.

Indeed. I didn't think a piss-take could be funnier than Downfall but that truly was and didn't have the sinister background.

I also love hearing Spanish. My fluency is too rusty and elementary follow all the phrases but fortunately laughing translates well. Years of empathy training have successfully countered my autism thank's to my parole officer's support. 

Heading down to the Viaduct fireworks soon. Hope they're better than the AC34 launching party! I'll be the one at Headquarters wearing the ETNZ jacket. 

18 minutes ago, Ripclaw said:

When the (silver?) medals were being handed out to the OR crew, did anybody notice that Jimmy didn't get one?

Yip, neither did Larry.  All that $$$ sunk, and not even a second place medal!

2 hours ago, Trickypig said:

ETNZ more than any other crew could pull off foiling tacks and gybes. That prestart 270 degree turn by Peter Burling to get the hook on Day 4 was testament to ETNZ control systems.

Hey y'all! 

I was worried about PB not covering earlier in the series and was glad to see him more conservative in the last few races in terms of covering the field.  

IMO, by far, the two winning moves of the series were that major prestart turn and hook and the  early gybe. And Damn! He won well and simply out drove our beloved Jimmy. And while Jimmy complained about the software affecting his start line estimates, PB was busy winning it on the water.  Really skilled driving of a machine whose forces throw men off the boat regularly.  

I tried to to stay away from the Cup this time but today, I think the good guys won and I wanted to savor it a little longer.  I have missed the intelligent (mostly) snarky back and forth here. 

Dixie

5 hours ago, jaysper said:

But just so you know, you DON'T get to claim a higher level of sportsmanship if you put shit on people like you have.

Jimmy gave me the shits in the last AC and I have made no secret of that, but he was much to my surprise gracious in defeat.

How about trying to be gracious in victory? Then you can assume some form of moral high ground.

Me personally? I'm not a professional sportsman in this AC so what I say has no representation or bearing on any sort of sportsmanship for any team :lol: To be fair I don't think I've ever laid into any of the major players this time around. JS on the other hand, as entertaining as it was....

From what I have seen of the 'modern' AC, there have been a very small amount of victories and defeats that any team could claim to have any sort of real moral high ground about, and that includes NZ.

A bit of a 'ribbing' is all part of the show that JS was quite happy playing before to be fair. Life goes on :)

1 hour ago, Trafficker said:

Yip, neither did Larry.  All that $$$ sunk, and not even a second place medal!

Did you notice one of the recipients take his off as he was leaving the stage? It's how I would have felt too. A medal for participation. 

4 hours ago, bob202 said:

smacks of Oracle in 2007

7 hours ago, mattdarnell said:

TNZ was simply in a class by themselves in the light air.  Artemis was great in the heavy air but would have been behind OR in the light stuff.

agreed

Choking is not applikabel to Spithill or Barker.

Thay were both up agenst a faster opponent.

7 hours ago, mattdarnell said:

that was a bit of the protocol that was shit, amongst others.

Jimmy was gracious in defeat, it was obvious he tried. Sucked to see him a bit broken, but nice to see him human. I hope we don't need to compare him to Darth Barker if he turns on his team if they decide they need a young, savvy, apparent wind sailor who designs his own controls in solidworks to challenge next time. Actually what gained me the most respect was his brother talking to Sailor Girl. :)

Hope to see some of you supporters in a few years in Auck. All 3 of you that are left on here.

oh, and wethog don't fall over yourself with yur illuminating posts supporting ETNZ on here, the boyzzz don't like it.

9 hours ago, rh2600 said:

Oh I'm hard hog... trust me... I had the best morning glory in history, and by 2:30pm now in NZ after a celebratory lunch washed down with a bottle of prosecco to celebrate our worthy CoR I'm borderline priapism at this point...

In your world JS got boat speeded, but DB choked...

In mine, JS had all the money, all the cards, all the rules, all the resources, all the ego, all the evil dark arts at his disposal and wilted like.... oh I don't know.. a soggy soft piece of bacon...

Did I mention I'm hard? ;-)

Yeah you are as hard as a case of the Trotz.  

As for worthy COR, you are joking right?  Probably not.  ETNZ's poodle is back where it belongs.  Sniffing ETNZ's ass and trying to keep up.

8 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Go and look at the World Match Racing standings for each of the last 9 years - Jimmy is not among the top 1000.

17 hours ago, Miffy said:

Don't despair guys. I'm personally hoping with Oracle's default we see multiple potential boats rise to the challenge from USA, and I have confidence the event in Auckland will be more fun to visit than Bermuda. 

I agree. The US will return with a more inclusive chalkenge(rs) and that would be very important for the AC. 

17 hours ago, Barnyb said:

Thanks Doug.

I hope you can come and visit during  the next regatta

Good man Doug!

16 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

What he said....

Well said Doug. 

15 hours ago, rh2600 said:

Yes, who wants to see any human broken? Common for fucks sake. 

16 hours ago, WetHog said:

I don't remember it that way.  We, including Stinger, were pretty humble about the win.  

And looking back over old posts I didn't see any shit talking, at least from the regular OR fans on here, but feel free to prove me wrong.  I provided a link for you to start your search:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/forum/23-americas-cup-anarchy/&page=12

I was falling all over myself in praise for the racing looking back over those threads.  I was a chump.  Ding dong the witch OR-BDA is dead.

You are not included in my post and I usually get where you are coming from, but spinbot and sws have been mega harsh in thier criticism of TNZ  and Grant for many years, and to anyone who had an opinion different to theirs, spinbot has hundreds of posts slagging off Dalts and the team between the last cup and now. For him to now say that lazza Russ and jimmy are classy in defeat after all that has gone down in this cup is hypocritical.. but no surprise.

Am I going to go searching for his posts?...no....but I can pull up the most vile disgusting drunk post I've ever seen on SA that he shat here about  me a while back, and then deleted when he woke up and realized what he had done...

25 minutes ago, ro! said:

You are not included in my post and I usually get where you are coming from, but spinbot and sws have been mega harsh in thier criticism of TNZ  and Grant for many years, and to anyone who had an opinion different to theirs, spinbot has hundreds of posts slagging off Dalts and the team between the last cup and now. For him to now say that lazza Russ and jimmy are classy in defeat after all that has gone down in this cup is hypocritical.. but no surprise.

Am I going to go searching for his posts?...no....but I can pull up the most vile disgusting drunk post I've ever seen on SA that he shat here about  me a while back, and then deleted when he woke up and realized what he had done...

You usually get where I am coming from?  Well that is a surprise to read.  I"ll just leave it at that.

As for Stinger, our paths diverged after Bermuda was chosen for the defense so I can only go back to what I remember from AC34, and I surely don't remember the drunk post you brought up.  

Anyway, I will now butt out of the conversation.

WetHog   :ph34r:

6 hours ago, WetHog said:

Yeah you are as hard as a case of the Trotz.  

As for worthy COR, you are joking right?  Probably not.  ETNZ's poodle is back where it belongs.  Sniffing ETNZ's ass and trying to keep up.

In my view Luna Rossa's provence makes it more worthy than any existing poodle and even Oracle as a challenger, and certainly a better one than Hamilton Island turned out to be.

Serious question though, could the losing defender technically lodge and become the CoR right after the last race?

So good to watch the presser yesterday. Jimmy was honest and gave ETNZ plenty of very gracious compliments and credit. 

This won't be the last of Jimmy. We'll be enjoying his character for some time yet me thinks. 

As for OTUSA and its future? Who knows? 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle Bill said:

So good to watch the presser yesterday. Jimmy was honest and gave ETNZ plenty of very gracious compliments and credit. 

This won't be the last of Jimmy. We'll be enjoying his character for some time yet me thinks. 

As for OTUSA and its future? Who knows? 

Yes, wouldn't it have been nice if ETNZ had been as gracious :(

Not suggesting the little ginger prick deserved their grace, but bigger man and all.

9 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Yes, wouldn't it have been nice if ETNZ had been as gracious :(

Not suggesting the little ginger prick deserved their grace, but bigger man and all.

No. I'm just fine with it, Jays. GD is a legend and he did what he had to do to survive.

You don't forgive the inexcusable. You certainly don't forget either. 

13 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

No. I'm just fine with it, Jays. GD is a legend and he did what he had to do to survive.

You don't forgive the inexcusable. You certainly don't forget either. 

Oh, I'm not saying forgive the little prick. I'm just saying you should at least project an image of grace.

I don't think many people would suggest that Dalton is a good PR person. This is the major deficiency with him compared to Blake.

The flip side is that he clearly is more dogged, persistent and a scrapper compared to Blake, which is a bonus.

8 hours ago, TN_Kiwi said:

Go and look at the World Match Racing standings for each of the last 9 years - Jimmy is not among the top 1000.

The last nine years he dominated the AC45 class (both fleet and match) and won in RC44s match racing. He's been a bit busy to work on a ranking for the tour.

But don't let your adulation of ETNZ stop you trashing Jimmy. If you don't think he isn't one of the best starting helmsmen in match racing today then you haven't been watching his career.

Not into Aussie sledging. Not part of sport.

Love the look on Gingas face when he knew cup was gone.

9 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

The last nine years he dominated the AC45 class (both fleet and match) and won in RC44s match racing. He's been a bit busy to work on a ranking for the tour.

But don't let your adulation of ETNZ stop you trashing Jimmy. If you don't think he isn't one of the best starting helmsmen in match racing today then you haven't been watching his career.

IMO it was more a problem with the boat, not being able to manouver as good as TNZ, than jimmy

15 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

Not into Aussie sledging. Not part of sport.

Love the look on Gingas face when he knew cup was gone.

Despite the fact that I can't stand the little sledging bastard, I derived all my pleasure from us winning the cup rather than him losing it.

I was also pleased about Lazza/Wussell getting their dirty hands off it, but that was to do with getting the cup back to where it belongs rather than any "Karma is a bitch" moment.

Aussies winning at whatever cost in sport goes before them...

Seen it too many times...

43 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Despite the fact that I can't stand the little sledging bastard, I derived all my pleasure from us winning the cup rather than him losing it.

I was also pleased about Lazza/Wussell getting their dirty hands off it, but that was to do with getting the cup back to where it belongs rather than any "Karma is a bitch" moment.

Well, Jay, you're a better man than I.

Oracle can lick my balls.

45 minutes ago, Lartitude36S said:

Aussies winning at whatever cost in sport goes before them...

Seen it too many times...

...ya bowl just one underarm and a whole nation never forgets. ;)

12 minutes ago, NZL5 said:

Well, Jay, you're a better man than I.

Oracle can lick my balls.

I just don't see the point myself. ETNZ had the opportunity to show that they are much better than Oracle but blinked.

I thought out of EVERYBODY on the team that talked yesterday, Ashby presented himself the best. They should have let him do all the talking.

We've got the bastard now, lets see if ETNZ can deliver on what they have promised.

Sadly, I think some of it will disappoint me (the desire for monos and longer races), but I am pretty bloody confident of a much more balanced playing field.

8 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

...ya bowl just one underarm and a whole nation never forgets. ;)

Reminds me of the old joke.

Guy says to his mate, you know I have built massive buildings and do they call me William the Builder? No

I've paved many roads and do they call me William the Road Paver? No

But you fuck ONE SHEEP!