Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

More info here (also in french)...

http://www.aebinaval.ch/aebinaval.ch/Chantier_naval_Aebi.html

From Google Translation:
​​
Overall length: 8 , 50 m Beam max: 2.68 m
Weight: 1350 kg Draught: 2.35 to 1.70 m
Sail area upwind: 53 m2
Material: glass - Airex - epoxy and carbon reinforcements
Features: Carbon mast, lifting keel
HPAC: Class 2

That's it! The racing version of the 100% AEBI 850 is water! The hull out of the same mold, with its chine and its tense and modern lines. The rest of the boat is redesigned to make a pure racer. A retractable keel with a draft of 2.35 m provides a good stability to draw the quintessence of a carbon rig extended and more powerful. Solutions that have already recipe 970 are delivered to date, namely the trim keel and rudder high elongation.

Fort the latest developments made by our office and latest developments, innovation in aerodynamic term is incorporated into the 850R.

They hooked someone else's previously shrimped kite with their prod?

Why is the craft configured primarily for starboard tack? That would seem to be a significant clue.

Wes that's outstanding even for a cretin like you.

Now how's that sobbing vagina of yours, cleared up yet?

What, exactly, do you think is going on here?

I'ts a big puddle of Dihydrogen monoxide splashing around.

Either the designer has something against bowmen, and drew a toerail with the express intention of dumping waves into his face, or it's an aero drag reduction idea.

I can't find much info on it (it's oddly not on the english version of the site, only the french). It's the AEBI 850 Race apparently.

http://www.vmgyachtdesign.com/#!realisations/ctzx

here is the up to date english version of the website

I can't find much info on it (it's oddly not on the english version of the site, only the french). It's the AEBI 850 Race apparently.

http://www.vmgyachtdesign.com/#!realisations/ctzx

http://www.vmgyachtdesign.com/#!designs-e/cpjz

no need to clean the foredeck anymore! Built in self cleaning device for lazy foredeckies!

Count your toes after every gybe! Ouch!

I'm thinking it provides an edge for the foot of the jib to seal against creating an end plate.

looks like the Kraken to me....

the ed said to look closely and asked "what is going on here" not "what is it"

It's "Special aerodynamics device to maximise the airflow are implemented."

Like the back end of one of those stupid street car foilers, but one on each side of this boat. Presumably to keep the front glued to the water.

Vertical water flow stays attached to the hull sides and curved top corner before being redirected to leeward resulting in marginal gains in vertical and windward lift. Presumably it does make something of a contribution under some circumstances but comes with a host of other issues that need to be dealt with under all other circumstances.

Vertical water flow stays attached to the hull sides and curved top corner before being redirected to leeward resulting in marginal gains in vertical and windward lift. Presumably it does make something of a contribution under some circumstances but comes with a host of other

issues that need to be dealt with under all other circumstances.

This might be close. Perhaps the device is to deflect vertical water flow across the foredeck, so it doesn't go up and blow back on the crew?

A solution to a problem that no one asked to have fixed.

Hydrodynamic drag reduction; let the top of the wave slide over, instead of slapping into a flared topside. Bow Way Down!

I'm thinking it provides an edge for the foot of the jib to seal against creating an end plate.

I'm leaning towards this, but I'm not too sure.

What I do know is that I'd like to brake it...

Keeps the bowman's beers on board,thus avoiding any perceived breaking of RRS 55