Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

Is it just a matter of time before there is a serious outbreak in the US?

I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes.

Every year before hurricane season there are endless public announcements on the news, the Gov. office holds press conferences, they publish a survival guide in the newspapers etc.

I think it is time to start raising public awareness about how to deal with an epidemic too.

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?

The LDS attitude toward preparedness make a lot of sense. Notice stockpiling guns is not on the shopping list.

34q5u2x.png

• Downvote 3

Hey, buy an Ad. Cheapskate.

I am somewhat concerned with what could happen. That is why I have prepared to some extent. I figure with the supplies I have I can last a few weeks without having to leave my house. After that I have what I need to keep myself and those close to me alive.

Actually, I think I'm more worried about Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin coming here.

Hey, buy an Ad. Cheapskate.

I have determined that you are just an ill informed agitator with nothing worthwhile to say. A bus driver clone.

Actually, I think I'm more worried about Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin coming here.

I have determined that you are just an ill informed agitator with nothing worthwhile to say. A Flash clone.

• Downvote 3

fuck man - you post an advertisement for a for-profit club that plays up fear and touts emergency planning, even refers to "Members" and you don't find that a commercial post?

Here's a noncommercial post:

Worried? check http://www.ready.gov

I think he has a quota on sales, or at least interactions.

Everyone who looks at this thread probably counts against that quota.

Keep in mind that Mormons are end-dayers. They are not only preparing for the end times, they are hoping for its arrival. Their stockpiling of food and essentials is to allow them to survive the apocalypse just long enough for the return of Jesus to America. At that point, all good men of the priesthood will be granted their own planet orbiting heavenly father's master planet, Kolob. Each planet will be populated with those who the LDS church has baptized posthumously and those they converted from the unwashed masses. The priesthood holder will have domain of his planet and be a God. His celestial wives will be perpetually pregnant.

Keep your eye on Jack. If he's running to the storeroom, he may have just had a prophecy of the coming end.

But will Mitt subject us to infomercials and push products on Home Shopping Network while president?

fuck man - you post an advertisement for a for-profit club that plays up fear and touts emergency planning, even refers to "Members" and you don't find that a commercial post?

Here's a noncommercial post:

Worried? check http://www.ready.gov

Hypocrisy Jack© is an attention-whore of the most highest (lowest?) caliber. He makes everything about himself and wins every argument (in his mind).

He starts disingenuous threads and then engages in semantic gymnastics when his statements are derided for being inaccurate or downright lies.

He admitted to trying some amateurish attempt to gather info on posters here at SA though links he posted.

I am fairly certain he reads everything posted, including stuff by folks he claims to have on "Ignore". Must really chap his ass to be hamstrung by his hissy fit and claim to not read some posts. But, he knows he will, once again, be exposed as a liar if he comments on some posts.

What a pathetic man he has turned out to be and is certainly a disappointment to those close to him.

As the crow flies I am about 12 miles from the CDC and about 10 from Emory where the two doctors with Ebola are being treated.

Not really worried. What evs

In a certain South American country folks refer to Mormon missionaries as "huevos" because they travel in pairs and one is higher* than the other one.

*because there is the tall white one and the short brown one

I thought that was pretty funny.

Unless HJ is feeling the need to ingest bodily fluids from an Ebola victim, there's no need for him to get antsy about it.

Unless HJ is feeling the need to ingest bodily fluids from an Ebola victim, there's no need for him to get antsy about it.

Except that it could be used as a terror weapon. There is also Hantavirus and drug resistant TB.

And then there is this reminder

On July 1, 2014, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) notified the appropriate regulatory agency, the Division of Select Agents and Toxins (DSAT) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that employees discovered vials labeled ”variola,” commonly known as smallpox, in an unused portion of a storage room in a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) laboratory located on the NIH Bethesda campus.

The laboratory was among those transferred from NIH to FDA in 1972, along with the responsibility for regulating biologic products. The FDA has operated laboratories located on the NIH campus since that time. Scientists discovered the vials while preparing for the laboratory’s move to the FDA’s main campus.

The vials appear to date from the 1950s. Upon discovery, the vials were immediately secured in a CDC-registered select agent containment laboratory in Bethesda.

There is no evidence that any of the vials labeled variola has been breached, and onsite biosafety personnel have not identified any infectious exposure risk to lab workers or the public.

Late on July 7, the vials were transported safely and securely with the assistance of federal and local law enforcement agencies to CDC’s high-containment facility in Atlanta. Overnight PCR testing done by CDC in the BSL-4 lab confirmed the presence of variola virus DNA. Additional testing of the variola samples is under way to determine if the material in the vials is viable (i.e., can grow in tissue culture). This testing could take up to 2 weeks. After completion of this testing, the samples will be destroyed.

By international agreement, there are two official World Health Organization (WHO)-designated repositories for smallpox: CDC in Atlanta, Georgia and the State Research Centre of Virology and Biotechnology (VECTOR) in Novosibirsk, Russia. The WHO oversees the inspection of these smallpox facilities and conducts periodic reviews to certify the repositories for safety and security.

CDC has notified WHO about the discovery, and WHO has been invited to participate in the investigation. If viable smallpox is present, WHO will be invited to witness the destruction of these smallpox materials, as has been the precedent for other cases where smallpox samples have been found outside of the two official repositories.

DSAT, in collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is actively investigating the history of how these samples were originally prepared and subsequently stored in the FDA laboratory.

Where does Obama stand of the destruction of Small Pox samples?

In 2011, Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, laid out the rationale of the Obama Administration in a New York Times op-ed piece. She said, in part…

[in 1980], the WHO called on all nations to destroy their collections of smallpox virus or transfer them to the WHO-sanctioned collections at one of two labs in Russia or the United States. The global public health community assumes that all nations acted in good faith; however, no one has ever attempted to verify or validate compliance with the WHO request…. Although keeping the samples may carry a miniscule [sic] risk, both the United States and Russia believe the dangers of destroying them now are far greater…. It is quite possible that undisclosed or forgotten stocks exist. Also, 30 years after the disease was eradicated, the virus’ genomic information is available online and the technology now exists for someone with the right tools and the wrong intentions to create a new smallpox virus in a laboratory…. Destroying the virus now is merely a symbolic act that would slow our progress and could even stop it completely, leaving the world vulnerable…. Destruction of the last securely stored viruses is an irrevocable action that should occur only when the global community has eliminated the threat of smallpox once and for all. To do any less keeps future generations at risk from the re-emergence of one of the deadliest diseases humanity has ever known. Until this research is complete, we cannot afford to take that risk.

• Downvote 3

BTW the image I posted is not a commercial solicitation. It is just a summary of how Mormons counsel their members to be prepared for life's events.

There was no link given or other pitch made. But I did enjoy the messenger attacks all the same. You guy are certainly predictable.

• Downvote 3

Wait, now Hypocrisy Jack© is acknowledging he is a Mormon?

He really should make up his mind.

Except that it could be used as a terror weapon. There is also Hantavirus and drug resistant TB.

>

On July 1, 2014, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) notified the appropriate regulatory agency, the Division of Select Agents and Toxins (DSAT) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that employees discovered vials labeled ”variola,” commonly known as smallpox, in an unused portion of a storage room in a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) laboratory located on the NIH Bethesda campus.

The laboratory was among those transferred from NIH to FDA in 1972, along with the responsibility for regulating biologic products. The FDA has operated laboratories located on the NIH campus since that time. Scientists discovered the vials while preparing for the laboratory’s move to the FDA’s main campus.

The vials appear to date from the 1950s. Upon discovery, the vials were immediately secured in a CDC-registered select agent containment laboratory in Bethesda.

There is no evidence that any of the vials labeled variola has been breached, and onsite biosafety personnel have not identified any infectious exposure risk to lab workers or the public.

Late on July 7, the vials were transported safely and securely with the assistance of federal and local law enforcement agencies to CDC’s high-containment facility in Atlanta. Overnight PCR testing done by CDC in the BSL-4 lab confirmed the presence of variola virus DNA. Additional testing of the variola samples is under way to determine if the material in the vials is viable (i.e., can grow in tissue culture). This testing could take up to 2 weeks. After completion of this testing, the samples will be destroyed.

By international agreement, there are two official World Health Organization (WHO)-designated repositories for smallpox: CDC in Atlanta, Georgia and the State Research Centre of Virology and Biotechnology (VECTOR) in Novosibirsk, Russia. The WHO oversees the inspection of these smallpox facilities and conducts periodic reviews to certify the repositories for safety and security.

CDC has notified WHO about the discovery, and WHO has been invited to participate in the investigation. If viable smallpox is present, WHO will be invited to witness the destruction of these smallpox materials, as has been the precedent for other cases where smallpox samples have been found outside of the two official repositories.

DSAT, in collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is actively investigating the history of how these samples were originally prepared and subsequently stored in the FDA laboratory.

In 2011, Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, laid out the rationale of the Obama Administration in a New York Times op-ed piece. She said, in part…

[in 1980], the WHO called on all nations to destroy their collections of smallpox virus or transfer them to the WHO-sanctioned collections at one of two labs in Russia or the United States. The global public health community assumes that all nations acted in good faith; however, no one has ever attempted to verify or validate compliance with the WHO request…. Although keeping the samples may carry a miniscule [sic] risk, both the United States and Russia believe the dangers of destroying them now are far greater…. It is quite possible that undisclosed or forgotten stocks exist. Also, 30 years after the disease was eradicated, the virus’ genomic information is available online and the technology now exists for someone with the right tools and the wrong intentions to create a new smallpox virus in a laboratory…. Destroying the virus now is merely a symbolic act that would slow our progress and could even stop it completely, leaving the world vulnerable…. Destruction of the last securely stored viruses is an irrevocable action that should occur only when the global community has eliminated the threat of smallpox once and for all. To do any less keeps future generations at risk from the re-emergence of one of the deadliest diseases humanity has ever known. Until this research is complete, we cannot afford to take that risk.

We will never be rid of fear in this country.

>

DSAT, in collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is actively investigating the history of how these samples were originally prepared and subsequently stored in the FDA labor

atory.

This wasn't a political thread. I asked a simple question. Should we start educating the public so we can better deal with an epidemic if or when it occurs.

• Downvote 3

Republicans like to stoke fear in the populace. I guess the same could be said for religious proselytizers.

Republicans like to stoke fear in the populace. I guess the same could be said for religious proselytizers.

Like I said before, you never have anything intelligent to say. I've met smarter hominoidea.

• Downvote 3

Fear sells. FUD - I'm sure you're aware of how it works on the psyche.

Guy on sports radio right now is saying "DOWs at a record - time to get ready for a crash, call now for a free portfolio analysis"

Fear.

It works for commerce, religion and politicians.

Jack says we need to start educating the public on the virtues of Mormonism.

I guess the Mormons should be happy they are better at it than Jack. They seem to do a fair job of recruiting new "members" whereas Jack, not so much.

Keep in mind that Mormons are end-dayers. They are not only preparing for the end times, they are hoping for its arrival. Their stockpiling of food and essentials is to allow them to survive the apocalypse just long enough for the return of Jesus to America. At that point, all good men of the priesthood will be granted their own planet orbiting heavenly father's master planet, Kolob. Each planet will be populated with those who the LDS church has baptized posthumously and those they converted from the unwashed masses. The priesthood holder will have domain of his planet and be a God. His celestial wives will be perpetually pregnant.

Keep your eye on Jack. If he's running to the storeroom, he may have just had a prophecy of the coming end.

What did the sexual deviant say to the magician?

Watch me pull a cult out of a hat.

Nothing pisses an evangelical off more than another evangelical trying to convert them to their Sunday social club.

<

blockquote>

>

DSAT, in collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is actively investigating the history of how these samples were originally prepared and subsequently stored in the FDA labor

atory.

This wasn't a political thread. I asked a simple question. Should we start educating the public so we can better deal with an epidemic if or when it occurs.

So why post in PA? and that would be a rhetorical question.

Well I am not going to lick any sick people with bleeding sores. I am doing my part!

I don't think Mormons lick bleeding sores, at least outside the temple. But if they do, they are prepared for the consequences.

I suppose you want to give US Citizens the Bergdahl treatment. How repugnant of you.

No idea - I just know all the "invite everyone in and send them to college" crowd are furious that our current President never got with the Reconquista program and is apparently setting the record for deportations.

and these guys say illegal migration is at a 40 year LOW.

is the kid crisis real? Yep, you betcha.

Should we be figuring out what to do with the 1+million already here as a higher priority than the stupid fence idea? Duh.

Ebola thread, remember?

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta/AP) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued its highest alert activation over the Ebola outbreak.

CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden announced on Twitter Wednesday that their operations center has moved to a Level 1 response.

• Downvote 3

yep - no doubt it's nasty

Here's a public service announcement for happy so he can stop worrying about the end-of-days. I know that's what you want, but you'll have to wait a bit longer:

While the CDC acknowledges it's possible a person infected with Ebola in West Africa could get on a plane and arrive in another country, the chances of the virus spreading during the journey are low.

"It's very unlikely that they would be able to spread the disease to fellow passengers," said Stephen Monroe, deputy director of CDC's National Center for Emerging Zoonotic and Infectious Diseases.

"The Ebola virus spreads through direct contact with the blood, secretions, or other body fluids of ill people, and indirect contact -- for example with needles and other things that may be contaminated with these fluids."

He added that most people who have become infected with Ebola lived with or cared for an ill patient.

"This is not an airborne transmission," said Dr. Marty Cetron, director of CDC's Division of Global Migration and Quarantine. "There needs to be direct contact frequently with body fluids or blood."

Travelers should take precautions by avoiding areas experiencing outbreaks and avoid contact with Ebola patients.

"It is highly unlikely that someone suffering such symptoms would feel well enough to travel," IATA said in a statement.

"In the rare event that a person infected with the Ebola virus was unknowingly transported by air, WHO advises that the risks to other passengers are low. Nonetheless, WHO does advise public health authorities to carry out contact tracing in such instances."

This means determining who had contact with the affected person

Here's a public service announcement for happy so he can stop worrying about the end-of-days. I know that's what you want, but you'll have to wait a bit longer:

While the CDC acknowledges it's possible a person infected with Ebola in West Africa could get on a plane and arrive in another country, the chances of the virus spreading during the journey are low.

"It's very unlikely that they would be able to spread the disease to fellow passengers," said Stephen Monroe, deputy director of CDC's National Center for Emerging Zoonotic and Infectious Diseases.

"The Ebola virus spreads through direct contact with the blood, secretions, or other body fluids of ill people, and indirect contact -- for example with needles and other things that may be contaminated with these fluids."

He added that most people who have become infected with Ebola lived with or cared for an ill patient.

"This is not an airborne transmission," said Dr. Marty Cetron, director of CDC's Division of Global Migration and Quarantine. "There needs to be direct contact frequently with body fluids or blood."

Travelers should take precautions by avoiding areas experiencing outbreaks and avoid contact with Ebola patients.

"It is highly unlikely that someone suffering such symptoms would feel well enough to travel," IATA said in a statement.

"In the rare event that a person infected with the Ebola virus was unknowingly transported by air, WHO advises that the risks to other passengers are low. Nonetheless, WHO does advise public health authorities to carry out contact tracing in such instances."

This means determining who had contact with the affected person

I realize what they are saying and I'm more concerned by a deliberate attack. Jihadists are quite willing to blow themselves up why wouldn't they intentionally infect themselves and then try to enter a western country and infect as many others as possible. They might even recruit martyrs in advance who would seek jobs in hospitals or other areas where they could have close contact with hundreds of people.

They don't even have to kill that many in order to create panic, fear and economic disruption. Worst case is they over achieve and start an epidemic that swamps the responders.

Plus there are other more easily communicated diseases they could use. Bird flu. Sars. And oher that will show up in the future.

The whole thread was about a simple idea that maybe we should start educating the public before an epidemic breaks out so that there would be better coordination and less panic.

Every year there is roughly a 1 in 100 (source my epidemiologist daughter) chance that a deadly flu strain with get overlooked and the flu vaccine will fail to contain it that year. Hundreds of thousands could die.

All I asked was A ) should the government begin educating the public and B ) are you personally prepared to weather an in home quarantine fo a few months?

But of course it is alway the same knee jerk messenger attack instead of any intelligent conversation.

• Downvote 3

Threat Level: Brown. For shit your pants dude.

edit: Time to stock up on Happy Jacks and Hunker in the Bunker.

I heard that Al Queda has sent people over to get jobs delivering pizza. The ONLY way to be sure to eliminate this threat is drone strikes on all pizza delivery cars. Nothing else will work.

All I asked was A ) should the government begin educating the public and B ) are you personally prepared to weather an in home quarantine fo a few months?

But of course it is alway the same knee jerk messenger attack instead of any intelligent conversation.

A) They do

B: none of your biz

A ) I believe that is part of what our government is expected to do, and is doing. Do you have evidence to support an implication the government is turning a blind eye on this? By that, I refer to your use of the word "begin", with the implicit message they have not done so. Also, if the government gets strident, will you be quiet? I have a sense you'd start a thread bashing Obama for overstepping.

B ) I can't imagine you give a damn about me and my family. But, thanks, nonetheless. We'll be fine.

Don't you wish you never said you would ignore me and could respond?

I heard that Al Queda has sent people over to get jobs delivering pizza. The ONLY way to be sure to eliminate this threat is drone strikes on all pizza delivery cars. Nothing else will work.

Don't order from Ebola Hut?

Follow the link

Follow the link

I did. I saw the statement coming from a hispanic center.

Here is how they say they figure it and it's a SWAG.

Notice that the total number continues to grow.

10390946_745958932114056_616666461550408

Louder, Dum Dum. Louder!

Ebola?

We could get enough fear going to lock us all up on house arrest.

ylyhgptplckkfbf8qlf4.jpg

Sorry I won't let your desire to remain ignorant deter me.

The last NO on your chart is stupid. No one knows who they sat near on their last international flight, who the person coughing behind you in a line at Disney has been in contact with or the medical records of the people handling the food you ate yesterday.

Have you noticed the increase in the number of vegetable, fruit and meat recalls in recent years?

Yet you take a simple thread that asks if maybe we would be wise to educate the public before some incident starts a panic. The recent Ebola news is precisely why I asked the question. I am directly connected to a large non profit hospital chain in Orlando. The hospitals that have recently reported potential Ebola cases are reporting within the Hospital community that News of the testing caused a direct and substantial drop in admissions, panicked phone calls and other community concerns.

So go ahead and remain ignorant but I think some education before we need it might be useful.

• Downvote 3

ylyhgptplckkfbf8qlf4.jpg

Sorry I won't let your desire to remain ignorant deter me.

The last NO on your chart is stupid. No one knows who they sat near on their last international flight, who the person coughing behind you in a line at Disney has been in contact with or the medical records of the people handling the food you ate yesterday.

Have you noticed the increase in the number of vegetable, fruit and meat recalls in recent years?

Yet you take a simple thread that asks if maybe we would be wise to educate the public before some incident starts a panic. The recent Ebola news is precisely why I asked the question. I am directly connected to a large non profit hospital chain in Orlando. The hospitals that have recently reported potential Ebola cases are reporting within the Hospital community that News of the testing caused a direct and substantial drop in admissions, panicked phone calls and other community concerns.

So go ahead and remain ignorant but I think some education before we need it might be useful.

gif.gif

This is reminding me of the HIV panic of the 80s when people wanted all AIDS patients shipped off to an island or something.

Ebola is JUST NOT ALL THAT CONTAGIOUS. Now if it spread by an animal vector and said animal was common in North America, if it spread as easily as the common cold, or if it was onyl 10% fatal so Ebola victims were all running around the place I would be worried. So far none of those things are true. So far common-sense hygiene practices like washing your hands, not touching nasty-looking-sore-covered dead bodies, etc. that really are the way 1st world people behave anyway seems to do the trick ;)

I am astounded at how connected Hypocrisy Jack© is to topical and important entities.

Went to MIT (according to him). Please note, I did not say "was graduated from". I believe he has yet to offer the requested proof/evidence.

Was a pollster (according to him). Data pre-processing complete.

Has a daughter who is an epidemiologist (according to him). Interesting she has the profession given his hysteria over Ebola.

Is "directly connected to a large non profit hospital chain in Orlando" (according to him). Though, he does not say in what capacity. I say he is an orderly.

Always has to go away (according to him) when he is being shown for being an idiot or incompetent. Thank God the cruise lines have him.

He really is a legend in his own mind.

There seems to be a need to find some really scary disaster just about to happen and made worse by the current President. I recall things like this dating back to at least the Carter years.

There seems to be a need to find some really scary disaster just about to happen and made worse by the current President. I recall things like this dating back to at least the Carter years.

Actually, it pre-dates Carter, and goes back to Ford. The disaster then was Disco music and polyester leisure suits.

It sounds kinda like "Obama".

Definitely from deepest, dark Africa - which seems to be really, really scary for Happy Clowns.

Definitely from deepest, dark Africa - which seems to be really, really scary for Happy Clowns.

The play, Book of Mormon, describes the challenges of converting the Africans to the one true faith. They become very successful once they proclaimed, "Don't fuck the baby, fuck the frog!".

The play, Book of Mormon, describes the challenges of converting the Africans to the one true faith. They become very successful once they proclaimed, "Don't fuck the baby, fuck the frog!".

That was a close one....

The biggest problem facing our planet is overpopulation. Nature has a way of solving problems and one solution is a pandemic. It's happened in the past and it's just a matter of time until it happens again. Hollywood has already been preparing us psychologically with numerous movies on that topic. Just in case you're worried, the government will save us and protect us.

Yep, the curve for global warming fits better than CO2.

Although, I suspect that the increase in population is because of more areas becoming capable of supporting life.

Pesticides, genetically modified grains and air conditioning are the primary reasons regions formerly unable to sustain life are now viable. Of course there are side effects.

Pesticides, genetically modified grains and air conditioning are the primary reasons regions formerly unable to sustain life are now viable. Of course there are side effects.

Yes, and in a burst of ironic hilarity they prempted the name Green Revolution, forever fucking over today's Green Movement.

I see a potentially lethal confluence of the Ebola virus, the flu season and stand your ground laws.

Stupid gun nut: you don't look so good.

Guy with flu: ya, I think I'm coming down with the. . . . .

Stupid gun nut: bang! Bang bang bang bang bang, sound of reloading. . .

I see a potentially lethal confluence of the Ebola virus, the flu season and stand your ground laws.

Stupid gun nut: you don't look so good.

Guy with flu: ya, I think I'm coming down with the. . . . .

Stupid gun nut: bang! Bang bang bang bang bang, sound of reloading. . .

Good answer. Good answer. I like the way you think. I'm gonna be watching you.

0.jpg

I think air strikes against the country of Ebola are in order.

To be fair. Carter was a disaster.

Lusting in his heart and killer rabbits were very scary.

This is reminding me of the HIV panic of the 80s when people wanted all AIDS patients shipped off to an island or something.

Ebola is JUST NOT ALL THAT CONTAGIOUS. Now if it spread by an animal vector and said animal was common in North America, if it spread as easily as the common cold, or if it was onyl 10% fatal so Ebola victims were all running around the place I would be worried. So far none of those things are true. So far common-sense hygiene practices like washing your hands, not touching nasty-looking-sore-covered dead bodies, etc. that really are the way 1st world people behave anyway seems to do the trick ;)

How do you keep missing the point? The tread isn't "oh no the ebola sky is falling". It is are we prepared for an epidemic of whatever kind. Who knew what SARS or Bird Flu were before they showed up. What if an outbreak were to happen in the US of any of these or maybe even a new strain?

The only way to stall an epidemic is an effective quarantine and a cooperating non panicked public.

Suggesting that the government could do a better job educating the public what to do just like they do every year for hurricane season is not a radical Right Wing plot. Nor is encouraging everyone to store a few essentials so that should they lose their job or a weather event disrupts distribution they have something on hand.

But if all of you are incapable of discussing an issue that started with zero political partisanship then so be it. That is your problem.

• Downvote 2

Jack is using an ebola scare to promote his religion. Its what religious people do. Scare people to worship their sky fairy and give them money.

Well your thread title is wrong then.
How about compare and contrast the public health system and preparations for epidemics in first world nations?

How do you keep missing the point? The tread isn't "oh no the ebola sky is falling". It is are we prepared for an epidemic of whatever kind. Who knew what SARS or Bird Flu were before they showed up. What if an outbreak were to happen in the US of any of these or maybe even a new strain?

The only way to stall an epidemic is an effective quarantine and a cooperating non panicked public.

Suggesting that the government could do a better job educating the public what to do just like they do every year for hurricane season is not a radical Right Wing plot. Nor is encouraging everyone to store a few essentials so that should they lose their job or a weather event disrupts distribution they have something on hand.

But if all of you are incapable of discussing an issue that started with zero political partisanship then so be it. That is your problem.

Well your thread title is wrong then.

How about compare and contrast the public health system and preparations for epidemics in first world nations?

The title is fine. The problem is you.

• Downvote 2

Happy, I don't believe in end-of-days routines so I don't need your "keep a bunch of grain in buckets" advice.

As to the gov't and CDC, they run adverts pretty much daily here in the west about emergency supplies, etc, and direct the listener to www.ready.gov

Other than sending census folks door to door, not sure what else you want them to do, you big gov't guy you.

Happy, I don't believe in end-of-days routines so I don't need your "keep a bunch of grain in buckets" advice.

As to the gov't and CDC, they run adverts pretty much daily here in the west about emergency supplies, etc, and direct the listener to www.ready.gov

Other than sending census folks door to door, not sure what else you want them to do, you big gov't guy you.

Hey, looky, they are still recommending duct tape and plastic sheets!

Remember when that was fucking hilarious?

And Happy wants MORE - MORE - MORE

It's takes a good end-of-days guy to be so darn afraid.