Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

After much thought I have decided to need to alert the members of this forum of the real and present danger to us all.

Asteroid impact on Earth. I have put together the ultimate survival kit including a long term plan for survival and for a nominal* fee will make the Asteroid Survival Kit ASKTM available to anyone who PM's me. Don't laugh, the threat is real and it is not if but when it happens. Yours for the ASKTMing

edit:

* ok, it's actually a lot but when you and your family's future is at stake are you really going to go cheap? Not available in stores.

While asteroids are a potential threat, radioactive rain deer are here, now!

http://www.thelocal....found-in-norway

Shame on you for being light hearted about this. But since you are, you might enjoy this.

That result, while sad and tragic for Mr. Duncan and his family, is sure to bring joy (and perhaps fear) to some folks, as Eva Dent. I still don't fear an Ebola outbreak in the US.

Happy, how long with my 50 pound bags of rice last?

Also, you've not answered how I'm to deal with my waste product. buck-it and chuck-it? But then I have to open the door to the outside world.

I assume electricity will be out, so no ref rig. Should I keep livestock for fresh meat?

Guest One of Five

Also, you've not answered how I'm to deal with my waste product. buck-it and chuck-it? But then I have to open the door to the outside world.

I assume electricity will be out, so no ref rig. Should I keep livestock for fresh meat?

I would say you should know best what your needs are - instead of expecting others to take care of you in a time of need.

Another helpless Democrat needs a nanny to hold their hand.

Guest One of Five

that's why they love people who take care of them.

au contraire - I'm asking the expert for his learned opinion.

That result, while sad and tragic for Mr. Duncan and his family, is sure to bring joy (and perhaps fear) to some folks, as Eva Dent. I still don't fear an Ebola outbreak in the US.

Not so fast. Another 41,399 deaths from Ebola and the U.S. figures will be right up there with influenza.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/163/2/181

Not so fast. Another 41,399 deaths from Ebola and the U.S. figures will be right up there with influenza.

Heart disease is already here. It poses a far greater risk to me than Ebola, so I take steps to confront it. I don't need a government program or a bailout.

Guest One of Five

Heart disease is already here. It poses a far greater risk to me than Ebola, so I take steps to confront it. I don't need a government program or a bailout.

Nice to see you three (including someone with an MD) have consensus. Will hold you to it - later.

must be that new math thing.

Hypocrisy Jack doesn't answer questions. He only asks questions.

Like the one he asked about whether we will "support or undermine the President". Funny how he has evaded answering his own question.

Told ya.

Happy wasn't helpful, but that church he frequently talks fondly of is much better. Still no idea what to do with waste products. I want to be prepared:

Food Storage Introduction Why do Mormons store food?

We store food so that we can be prepared to care for ourselves, our families, and our neighbors in case of an emergency. Mormons understand that our basic human needs must be met before we can think about spiritual matters. Food storage ensures that those needs will be met.

If you think back to all of the various natural disasters that have struck in the US alone over the past few years, you’ll realize that storing a few emergency supplies is a great idea for everyone.

How much food do Mormons store? 72hr KitsA 72hr Kit is usually a backpack or other easy to carry bag that has enough supplies it it for one person for 72hrs. This might include food, water, personal hygiene products, first aid supplies, and anything else that might come in handy. The purpose of the 72hr kit is to provide “essentials” in the case of an emergency that might drive you from your home. Year SupplyThe “year’s supply” of food that the Mormon church is famous for is a councel that is given to all members of the Mormon faith, and really, to everyone. There isn’t a person out there that would not benefit from having such a backup supply on-hand. The food storage that most people reference when talking about mormon food storage is the Years supply.

We are encouraged to store up to a years supply of food where possible. Often, Mormons will start by getting just a few extra cans at the grocery store every week, and building up from a week’s supply, to two weeks, to a month, and so forth. At some point we’ll usually purchase bulk grains and other long-lasting foods.

What kinds of food do Mormons store?

Most Mormons who store food will try to store the types of foods that they are used to eating, so that they may rotate through their storage, always keeping it fresh and updated. Common items include grains, flour, sugar, salt, dried beans, dried vegetables, drink mixes, powdered milk, and many other items.

Where do Mormons buy their storage foods?

You may have heard about Mormon “Canneries.” These are facilities operated by the Mormon church (all volunteer) which process bulk foods into easier to manage packaging for storage. An example might be to “dry pack” a 50lb bag of grain into multiple #10 cans, sealing them to last for years, yet be much easier to use than a large bag. When you store food in this way, it is easier to rotate. The Mormon church also has “wet pack” canneries, where they can things like fruits and vegetables which are not dehydrated.

Can anyone use a Mormon cannery?

Yes, visitors are welcome. Prices are very reasonable. Call up your local missionaries and have them connect you with a local congregation. Just let the missionaries know that you just want help getting access to a cannery. You can also just drop by a cannery! Tell them that you’re interested in learning about the cannery and using the facility, and they’ll be glad to help. Hours vary, so consider contacting the missionaries in your area, or use the new Meeting House Locator to get the phone number of a local meeting house.

Do Mormons store other items besides food?

Mormons are encouraged to store food, water, heating fuel, clothing and other essential supplies where appropriate, legal, and feasible. If you think about it, many situations might call for a supply on-hand of things like toilet paper, soap, clean bedding, clothes, firewood, and many other useful items.

How can I get started in home food storage?

The easiest way to get started is to “do it.” Start by buying a few extra canned items your next trip to the grocery store. Get things that you know you’ll use. After you build up a week’s worth of food, consider getting some “raw material” type supplies: flour, corn meal, oil, sugar. Learn to bake and cook with these “raw materials”, and you’ll be getting closer to self reliance (and saving money versus buying pre-made foods!) Next, consider purchasing these same types of “raw materials” in larger quantities: instead of a 5lb bag of flour, find a source for a 25lb bag. Get a 25lb bag of sugar. You’ll be surprised at how fast you go through them, and how your grocery budget will start to stretch even farther.

The goal in all of this is to eventually learn how to store and grind your own grains, and be self sufficient enough to make your own food for you and your family. If you’re already in the habit of buying and using what you store, you’ll automatically be prepared for whatever comes your way! A simple thing like unemployment can be a real stress on a family. Imagine how much less stressful it would be if your family were well fed through the ordeal!

Additional Food Storage Resources

The internet is overflowing with resources for food storage. Use them! Here are just a few links to get you started:

Beyond “Food” Storage

One final thing to consider: man cannot live on bread alone. While you work on building up a store of food and other essential items, remember to include copies of your religious texts (scriptures), and other meaningful items that will bring you comfort and guidance in times of need. Get a spare copy of the Bible, Book of Mormon, or any other sacred book that you would want to have around, and store it in a safe place along with your emergency supplies. Consider also storing a spare journal and pencils that you can use to write your thoughts and feelings during hard times. There is more to life than just surviving, no matter how hard times get!

Happy wasn't helpful, but that church he frequently talks fondly of is much better. Still no idea what to do with waste products. I want to be prepared:

Food Storage Introduction Why do Mormons store food?

We store food so that we can be prepared to care for ourselves, our families, and our neighbors in case of an emergency. Mormons understand that our basic human needs must be met before we can think about spiritual matters. Food storage ensures that those needs will be met.

If you think back to all of the various natural disasters that have struck in the US alone over the past few years, you’ll realize that storing a few emergency supplies is a great idea for everyone.

How much food do Mormons store? 72hr KitsA 72hr Kit is usually a backpack or other easy to carry bag that has enough supplies it it for one person for 72hrs. This might include food, water, personal hygiene products, first aid supplies, and anything else that might come in handy. The purpose of the 72hr kit is to provide “essentials” in the case of an emergency that might drive you from your home. Year SupplyThe “year’s supply” of food that the Mormon church is famous for is a councel that is given to all members of the Mormon faith, and really, to everyone. There isn’t a person out there that would not benefit from having such a backup supply on-hand. The food storage that most people reference when talking about mormon food storage is the Years supply.

We are encouraged to store up to a years supply of food where possible. Often, Mormons will start by getting just a few extra cans at the grocery store every week, and building up from a week’s supply, to two weeks, to a month, and so forth. At some point we’ll usually purchase bulk grains and other long-lasting foods.

What kinds of food do Mormons store?

Most Mormons who store food will try to store the types of foods that they are used to eating, so that they may rotate through their storage, always keeping it fresh and updated. Common items include grains, flour, sugar, salt, dried beans, dried vegetables, drink mixes, powdered milk, and many other items.

Where do Mormons buy their storage foods?

You may have heard about Mormon “Canneries.” These are facilities operated by the Mormon church (all volunteer) which process bulk foods into easier to manage packaging for storage. An example might be to “dry pack” a 50lb bag of grain into multiple #10 cans, sealing them to last for years, yet be much easier to use than a large bag. When you store food in this way, it is easier to rotate. The Mormon church also has “wet pack” canneries, where they can things like fruits and vegetables which are not dehydrated.

Can anyone use a Mormon cannery?

Yes, visitors are welcome. Prices are very reasonable. Call up your local missionaries and have them connect you with a local congregation. Just let the missionaries know that you just want help getting access to a cannery. You can also just drop by a cannery! Tell them that you’re interested in learning about the cannery and using the facility, and they’ll be glad to help. Hours vary, so consider contacting the missionaries in your area, or use the new Meeting House Locator to get the phone number of a local meeting house.

Do Mormons store other items besides food?

Mormons are encouraged to store food, water, heating fuel, clothing and other essential supplies where appropriate, legal, and feasible. If you think about it, many situations might call for a supply on-hand of things like toilet paper, soap, clean bedding, clothes, firewood, and many other useful items.

How can I get started in home food storage?

The easiest way to get started is to “do it.” Start by buying a few extra canned items your next trip to the grocery store. Get things that you know you’ll use. After you build up a week’s worth of food, consider getting some “raw material” type supplies: flour, corn meal, oil, sugar. Learn to bake and cook with these “raw materials”, and you’ll be getting closer to self reliance (and saving money versus buying pre-made foods!) Next, consider purchasing these same types of “raw materials” in larger quantities: instead of a 5lb bag of flour, find a source for a 25lb bag. Get a 25lb bag of sugar. You’ll be surprised at how fast you go through them, and how your grocery budget will start to stretch even farther.

The goal in all of this is to eventually learn how to store and grind your own grains, and be self sufficient enough to make your own food for you and your family. If you’re already in the habit of buying and using what you store, you’ll automatically be prepared for whatever comes your way! A simple thing like unemployment can be a real stress on a family. Imagine how much less stressful it would be if your family were well fed through the ordeal!

Additional Food Storage Resources

The internet is overflowing with resources for food storage. Use them! Here are just a few links to get you started:

Beyond “Food” Storage

One final thing to consider: man cannot live on bread alone. While you work on building up a store of food and other essential items, remember to include copies of your religious texts (scriptures), and other meaningful items that will bring you comfort and guidance in times of need. Get a spare copy of the Bible, Book of Mormon, or any other sacred book that you would want to have around, and store it in a safe place along with your emergency supplies. Consider also storing a spare journal and pencils that you can use to write your thoughts and feelings during hard times. There is more to life than just surviving, no matter how hard times get!

What do they say about poop disposal? Is that a case of "Storing Malarkey" within the bunker?

must be. They do mention to store things besides food, so I'm guessing air freshener is on the top of the list.

seems like the appropriate thing to do. Panic would be grounding all airplanes.

appropriate is an orderly exit from the theatre when there's a hint of a fire

panic is when people get trampled.

RIP

I'm fresh out. We had a spat of weddings here and I volunteered to provide the festivities. Very festive. But now I feel like vulnerable.

Ebola gets funnier

FRISCO — Paramedics transported a patient exhibiting "signs and symptoms of Ebola" from a Frisco CareNow clinic to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas on Wednesday afternoon.

Monnig had accompanied county health officials Zachary Thompson and Christopher Perkins into the Dallas apartment where Thomas Eric Duncan had been staying when he fell ill with Ebola.

"Initial reports from the urgent care facility indicated the patient had direct contact with the Dallas 'patient zero'; however, Frisco firefighter-paramedics now report the patient says he had contact with the apartment and family members related to the Dallas 'patient zero' prior to the apartment being decontaminated," said city of Frisco spokesperson Dana Baird.

The deputy had been ordered to go inside the unit with officials to get a quarantine order signed on October 1. No one who entered the apartment that day wore protective gear.

I guess the protective gear only becomes medically necessary AFTER the paperwork is signed.

Or maybe there's more bumbling incompetence going on...

Here's someone from DOD who seems a bit worried about Ebola coming here -

WASHINGTON, Oct. 8, 2014 – The potential spread of Ebola into Central and Southern America is a real possibility, the commander of U.S. Southern Command told an audience at the National Defense University here yesterday.

“By the end of the year, there’s supposed to be 1.4 million people infected with Ebola and 62 percent of them dying, according to the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],” Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly said. “That’s horrific. And there is no way we can keep Ebola [contained] in West Africa.”

If it comes to the Western Hemisphere, many countries have little ability to deal with an outbreak of the disease, the general said.

“So, much like West Africa, it will rage for a period of time,” Kelly said.

This is a particularly possible scenario if the disease gets to Haiti or Central America, he said. If the disease gets to countries like Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador, it will cause a panic and people will flee the region, the general said.

“If it breaks out, it’s literally, ‘Katie bar the door,’ and there will be mass migration into the United States,” Kelly said. “They will run away from Ebola, or if they suspect they are infected, they will try to get to the United States for treatment.”

Also, transnational criminal networks smuggle people and those people can be carrying Ebola, the general said. Kelly spoke of visiting the border of Costa Rica and Nicaragua with U.S.

embassy personnel. At that time, a group of men “were waiting in line to pass into Nicaragua and then on their way north,” he recalled.

“The embassy person walked over and asked who they were and they told him they were from Liberia and they had been on the road about a week,” Kelly continued. “They met up with the network in Trinidad and now they were on their way to the United States -- illegally, of course.”

Those men, he said, “could have made it to New York City and still be within the incubation period for Ebola.”

Kelly said his command is in close contact with U.S. Africa Command to see what works and what does not as it prepares for a possible outbreak in the area of operations.(link)

Sol should send DOD some CDC posters to assuage their unreasonable fears.

Here's someone from DOD who seems a bit worried about Ebola coming here -

WASHINGTON, Oct. 8, 2014 – The potential spread of Ebola into Central and Southern America is a real possibility, the commander of U.S. Southern Command told an audience at the National Defense University here yesterday.

Sol should send DOD some CDC posters to assuage their unreasonable fears.

He can't. He's busy starting another "Ebola is no problem" thread.

If "here" in the "Are you worried about Ebola coming here?" referred to someplace other than the US, which did not have a health care system equipped to prevent outbreaks like we've seen in West Africa, my answer to the question might be different. Because I interpret "here" to be the US, I am not worried about an Ebola outbreak. I have a far greater chance of being killed in any number of ways than I do from getting Ebola.

Lot's of "I"'s here. As long as "I" am ok, then "I" have nothing to worry about.

What would you expect in answer to the question "Are you worried"?

yes I am; no I am not.

What is Hypocrisy Jack© going to do when Obama leaves office? He'll probably continue blaming him.

Kinda illustrates the inherent hypocrisy of objecting when people blame Bush.

Not that he is capable of anything close to honesty or objectivity.

I'm sure this will be a letdown for those hoping for an Ebola outbreak in the US, but the Dallas County deputy who was ill, tested negative for Ebola.

Hang in there guys, there's still a few days left for this one to come to fruition and really take hold. You may get your wish yet.

The Ebola is near!

Jack will only be Happy when people die. Its how he populates his afterlife planet. Posthumous baptisms.

I'm sure this will be a letdown for those hoping for an Ebola outbreak in the US, but the Dallas County deputy who was ill, tested negative for Ebola.

Hang in there guys, there's still a few days left for this one to come to fruition and really take hold. You may get your wish yet.

The Ebola is near!

Using your own posting standards - You must be responding to nobody on the fucking planet, let alone here on PA.

You are just being a trolling dickhead.

Incompetence continues to worry me a bit.

I have a vivid imagination and can even imagine being a police officer and having this conversation with my boss:

"Go serve this quarantine notice on the Ebola place."

"Umm... should I maybe have a mask or gloves or something?"

WTF? I'm glad that deputy wasn't infected, but why wasn't he protected?

Arcane questions of constitutionality and self-ownership also worry me.

If "here" in the "Are you worried about Ebola coming here?" referred to someplace other than the US, which did not have a health care system equipped to prevent outbreaks like we've seen in West Africa, my answer to the question might be different. Because I interpret "here" to be the US, I am not worried about an Ebola outbreak. I have a far greater chance of being killed in any number of ways than I do from getting Ebola.

Do poor people routinely seek healthcare in the USA? Genuine question - is healthcare currently accessible in the USA? Especially for something that at first looks like a normal viral infection like a bad dose of flu... Last I checked it costs a fortune and Obamacare had done little to help...? Has that changed?

If you can get sick people to hospital without the worry they have that their stay will bankrupt them, then yeah, sure. No cause for panic so long as Ebola can be contained in West Africa.

Do poor people routinely seek healthcare in the USA? Genuine question - is healthcare currently accessible in the USA? Especially for something that at first looks like a normal viral infection like a bad dose of flu... Last I checked it costs a fortune and Obamacare had done little to help...? Has that changed?

If you can get sick people to hospital without the worry they have that their stay will bankrupt them, then yeah, sure. No cause for panic so long as Ebola can be contained in West Africa.

Yes, go to the ER. The law is they must help you. In today's climate, an Ebola check would probably occur if you were in a risk category (travel, exposure, etc.). If you are indigent you are eligible for Medicaid, if elderly Medicare. Besides, you have to buy individual insurance now.

Strictly answering the question presented, and no others, I am not worried about Ebola coming to the US. If someone presents at an emergency room with symptoms of Ebola, regardless of their ability to pay, they will be treated. I dare say Mr. Duncan, as a citizen of Liberia, did not have health insurance in the US. His lack of insurance may well have played a role in him being sent home initially, who knows...but it did not prevent him from getting care.

ObummerCare is nothing but a windfall for the insurance lobby, something big insurance had been working on getting past via both the GOP and the DemocRATS since the early 90s. It does nothing to constrain the cost of care, it is just a windfall for an industry that makes its money by occupying the space between consumer and provider, and driving the market price of the good consumed to an artificially high level. That said, ObummerCare has nothing to do with Ebola treatment.

The Chicken Littles need Americans to die so they can win this internet argument.

You are sick.

My OP was an honest question about "is our country prepared" and what personal preparations for a rainy day have you made.

There was no condemnation, ridicule, politics, cynicism or religious hatred in this thread until the like of you chimed in.

I'd be happy to be wrong but I wasn't.

You really are a dipshit A-hole.

happy's a bit touchy. Must be the Ebola.

Takes one to know one.

I don't recall accusing any of you of hoping for someone's death just to win an argument here.

happy's a bit touchy. Must be the Ebola.

Bah

Guest One of Five

The Ebola is near!

Using your own posting standards - You must be responding to nobody on the fucking planet, let alone here on PA.

Ya think? He makes Happy look like a newbie.

The Ebola is near!

You make Happy look sane.

The Ebola is near!

You make Happy look sane sober.

fixed

Guest One of Five

Soo sorry Happy was right kiddies - when did Obama clue in to the problem?

Soo sorry Happy was right kiddies - when did Obama clue in to the problem?

What was he right about?

I had the privilege of meeting with a sales rep yesterday who was on the flight home with the Texas dingbat. Sorry folks, I'm just not all that concerned.

For what it's worth, there's apperantly an awful lot of concern being shown quietly in the background.

I'm not saying I support the current actions being (not) taken, but after hearing a first person account, there's more being done than we're told.

I had the privilege of meeting with a sales rep yesterday who was on the flight home with the Texas dingbat. Sorry folks, I'm just not all that concerned.

For what it's worth, there's apperantly an awful lot of concern being shown quietly in the background.

I'm not saying I support the current actions being (not) taken, but after hearing a first person account, there's more being done than we're told.

I would imagine every passenger on that manifest has been contacted to monitor their health. They government (Obama) has contacted every single person who is two and three degrees of exposure from the guy and told to monitor their health.

But Jack and his syncopates, want to make hay. Its what they do.

Maybe we're being told by people with an agenda.

I would imagine every passenger on that manifest has been contacted to monitor their health. They government (Obama) has contacted every single person who is two and three degrees of exposure from the guy and told to monitor their health.

Yep. He had a pair of men in suits show up at work and politely suggest he go to the hospital with them for testing.

Yep. He had a pair of men in suits show up at work and politely suggest he go to the hospital with them for testing.

Fuckin' Obama!

Ebola could be impossible to communicate, but the panic and fear by the ill informed public is real. The stock market is responding, the panic button is getting pressed all over, flights disrupted, etc.

The whole point of this thread was a call to get out in front of this, to short circuit the potential panic with some honest information. Instead, our fearless leader made the classification error of saying it won't happen here only it did and they bungled the response when it did as well.

Oh please. Jack is fear monger. He wanted to make this a case of Obama not doing enough to instill fear in the people early. When Obama didn't, he then takes the tactic that the delay is causing the fear now. Damn that Obama. Mitt would have done so much better.

And Jack wanted to promote how prepared his cult is. And sell survival kits compiled by his cult.

The Chicken Littles need Americans to die so they can win this internet argument.

You are sick.

My OP was an honest question about "is our country prepared" and what personal preparations for a rainy day have you made.

There was no condemnation, ridicule, politics, cynicism or religious hatred in this thread until the like of you chimed in.

I'd be happy to be wrong but I wasn't.

I said Chicken Littles. You reacted. Interesting.

I can understand that and would be surprised to hear otherwise, but as things come to our attention - after the fact - we are learning of the incompetence of the behind the scenes response.

Sending a deputy into an apartment to serve quarantine papers without any protection, pressure washing vomit off a sidewalk, a guy from East Africa being turned away from a hospital with a 103 temp, etc.

Panic? A guy sneezes on an airplane in Philadelphia, makes a joke about it, and they won't let anyone off the plane until the guys in the blue hazmat suits board the plane and give the all clear.

Yeah. The message to the population is to remain calm. Everything is under control. But the message is also - "If you sneeze on an airplane and mention Ebola, pay no attention to the folks in the hazmat suits coming down the aisle to remove Sol."

Mixed messages. That's the problem.

I can understand that and would be surprised to hear otherwise, but as things come to our attention - after the fact - we are learning of the incompetence of the behind the scenes response.

Sending a deputy into an apartment to serve quarantine papers without any protection, pressure washing vomit off a sidewalk, a guy from East Africa being turned away from a hospital with a 103 temp, etc.

Panic? A guy sneezes on an airplane in Philadelphia, makes a joke about it, and they won't let anyone off the plane until the guys in the blue hazmat suits board the plane and give the all clear.

Yeah. The message to the population is to remain calm. Everything is under control. But the message is also - "If you sneeze on an airplane and mention Ebola, pay no attention to the folks in the hazmat suits coming down the aisle to remove Sol."

And how is this Obama's fault?

Do you have a cite for the pressure washing incident? Actual vomit, not the area where he vomited....days after the incident? He was hospitalized sunday, I believe. I'm still wondering about this incident.

Do you have a cite for the pressure washing incident? Actual vomit, not the area where he vomited....days after the incident? He was hospitalized sunday, I believe. I'm still wondering about this incident.

Here - http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/02/us-health-ebola-usa-idUSKCN0HP2F720141002

According to Sol's posters from the CDC, one shouldn't come into contact with vomit. Earlier in the thread there's a picture of the guys power washing the area without any protective gear.

Ebola could be impossible to communicate, but the panic and fear by the ill informed public is real. The stock market is responding, the panic button is getting pressed all over, flights disrupted, etc.

The whole point of this thread was a call to get out in front of this, to short circuit the potential panic with some honest information. Instead, our fearless leader made the classification error of saying it won't happen here only it did and they bungled the response when it did as well.

I hate to say it, but you're the chicken little of ebola in the same fashion Chuck D is the chicken little of global warming. You two are meant for each other.

Here - http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/02/us-health-ebola-usa-idUSKCN0HP2F720141002

According to Sol's posters from the CDC, one shouldn't come into contact with vomit. Earlier in the thread there's a picture of the guys power washing the area without any protective gear.

Thanks. I'm still not convinced they were pressure washing the actual vomit, but if so it would be nuts.

Thanks. I'm still not convinced they were pressure washing the actual vomit, but if so it would be nuts.

There have been no reports I've seen that a hazmat team came in and cleaned up the vomit before the power-washers showed up.

The "panic" of which we speak is probably making the CDC rethink their approach. Someone in Atlanta probably saw the pictures and asked - "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Which is a good thing.

I hate to say it, but you're the chicken little of ebola in the same fashion Chuck D is the chicken little of global warming. You two are meant for each other.

If I did not live in the place where they send people for treatment of Ebola, I might have a different answer to the question of this Ebola thread, I might be more worried about Ebola coming here...but I do, so I don't.

There is still a week or so to go in Dallas. Perhaps fate will bring Simple Jack and his foollower's imagination to fruition...perhaps not. And if not...it will be time for a beverage. Cool, frosty, chocolatey.

If I did not live in the place where they send people for treatment of Ebola, I might have a different answer to the question of this Ebola thread, I might be more worried about Ebola coming here...but I do, so I don't.

There is still a week or so to go in Dallas. Perhaps fate will bring Simple Jack and his foollower's imagination to fruition...perhaps not. And if not...it will be time for a beverage. Cool, frosty, chocolatey.

Problem with this thread, Monkey, is that it has become a shit fight between Sol and Jack. Sol's not getting enough attention on the "Anyone contract Ebola" thread, so he thinks he can add inches to his dick by fucking with Jack here.

Aussie won't send med personnel. Govt admits they don't have evac plans etc to cover them.

Australia will not send government-sponsored health workers to Ebola outbreak zones until their welfare can be guaranteed.

http://Australia will not send government-sponsored health workers to Ebola outbreak zones until their welfare can be guaranteed.

Problem with this thread, Monkey, is that it has become a shit fight between Sol and Jack. Sol's not getting enough attention on the "Anyone contract Ebola" thread, so he thinks he can add inches to his dick by fucking with Jack here.

If his dick size is contingent upon his success in this thread, I hope he isn't too attached to having a dick.

Really? Have you even read the OP? where in there did I says anything about Ebola is falling? I did not even mention or reference Ebola in the Opening post and referred specifically to panic being the problem we need to address.

The panic you see our government scrambling after the fact to ease. Unfortunately they are undermining their own ham handed "we got this" assurances with the over reaction overkill.

Talking heads at podiums saying "nothing to see here" and "Ebola is near impossible to get" while the side bar video is showing hazmat suited men dragging a joker off a plane.

Exactly the concern I expressed in the Opening post unfolding before your eyes.

Meanwhile and actual infection is spreading across the nation and it is paralyzing kids. Maybe it needs a catchy name like Parlizola to get attention.

I think that name may already be taken. When I was in college, there was a local band called Chris Lee and the Moonlight Syncopaters. Clever name, but I think it's a bit too close to the one you've chosen for Jack's band.

Don't try to use words you don't know and I won't mock you when you get it wrong. :P

I think that name may already be taken. When I was in college, there was a local band called Chris Lee and the Moonlight Syncopaters. Clever name, but I think it's a bit too close to the one you've chosen for Jack's band.

Don't try to use words you don't know and I won't mock you when you get it wrong. :P

He will blame his spellchecker. Blame is a progressive disease.