Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

To follow on to that:

If you're concerned - get a flu shot. Won't help against Ebola, but the flu kills 25,000 Americans a year. You SHOULD be concerned about the flu.

ylyhgptplckkfbf8qlf4.jpg

Sorry I won't let your desire to remain ignorant deter me.

The last NO on your chart is stupid. No one knows who they sat near on their last international flight, who the person coughing behind you in a line at Disney has been in contact with or the medical records of the people handling the food you ate yesterday.

Have you noticed the increase in the number of vegetable, fruit and meat recalls in recent years?

Yet you take a simple thread that asks if maybe we would be wise to educate the public before some incident starts a panic. The recent Ebola news is precisely why I asked the question. I am directly connected to a large non profit hospital chain in Orlando. The hospitals that have recently reported potential Ebola cases are reporting within the Hospital community that News of the testing caused a direct and substantial drop in admissions, panicked phone calls and other community concerns.

So go ahead and remain ignorant but I think some education before we need it might be useful.

zqmyxgm7aq5nigknd7vv.jpg

Simple Jack is not impressed with that chart, Nanners. He likens it to a desire to remain ignorant.

Happy, are you up to date on your shots?

We actually know a great deal about the epidemiology of Ebola and the other viral hemorrhagic fevers. And as a practicing doc, I have to say that unless you are handling infected corpses in West Africa or eating fruit bats, you have more to fear from A Bola than Ebola.

fig12-7.gif

Is it just a matter of time before there is a serious outbreak in the US?

I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes.

Every year before hurricane season there are endless public announcements on the news, the Gov. office holds press conferences, they publish a survival guide in the newspapers etc.

I think it is time to start raising public awareness about how to deal with an epidemic too.

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?

The LDS attitude toward preparedness make a lot of sense. Notice stockpiling guns is not on the shopping list.

34q5u2x.png

Did this thing take off like the Slap Chop yet, Dum Dum, or did Nanny ruin your action?

Guest One of Five

Is it just a matter of time before there is a serious outbreak in the US?

I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes.

Every year before hurricane season there are endless public announcements on the news, the Gov. office holds press conferences, they publish a survival guide in the newspapers etc.

I think it is time to start raising public awareness about how to deal with an epidemic too.

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?

The LDS attitude toward preparedness make a lot of sense. Notice stockpiling guns is not on the shopping list.

34q5u2x.png

Did this thing take off like the Slap Chop yet, Dum Dum, or did Nanny ruin your action?

Do you believe in the UN? The WHO?

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/ap_7a19cc6601434b4eb37f7d5b06cea2f4

So Solly -- bodies in the streets and dogs are eating the remains....

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/08/27/report-dogs-eating-dead-bodies-of-ebola-victims-on-liberian-streets/

it's from CBS.. that ultra-right wing news agency,

Tool.

Oh jesus. Dogs eating ebola. Dogs also bite postmen. Postmen deliver the mail. The mail could be tainted by Ebola. The fear is thick.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/08/27/report-dogs-eating-dead-bodies-of-ebola-victims-on-liberian-streets/

Tool.

Oh jesus. Dogs eating ebola. Dogs also bite postmen. Postmen deliver the mail. The mail could be tainted by Ebola. The fear is thick.

What if a Kentucky leghound gets 'hold of your leg and goes to town, would that be enough to transmit?

Mail? Holy crap! Those postal workers touch a lot of mail. The CDC must be wrong on this. Stupid scientists.

Tool.

What if a Kentucky leghound gets 'hold of your leg and goes to town, would that be enough to transmit?

Mail? Holy crap! Those postal workers touch a lot of mail. The CDC must be wrong on this. Stupid scientists.

Clark, when the dog gets hold of your leg and goes to town, its best to just let him finish.

Buy Simple Jack Survival Products...or kiss your family pets good bye.

If you kiss them you could contract the disease. fur reel.

ooooooo, zoonotic.

How're sales of the doomsday supplies going?

maybe you should re-read your 2nd highlight.

ooooooo, zoonotic.

How're sales of the doomsday supplies going?

Sales? What sales? Doomsday? What doomsday? When did "Be Prepared" become stupid to you?

You persist is mocking a modest reserve of essentials as a hedge against, a job loss, natural disaster, civil unrest, quarantine etc.

Let's see if you can articulate why it is foolish to over time stock a pantry with a modest reserve of food and other essentials?

Or is religious and political hate your only mode of thinking?

It depends on Why you do it.

I have the basics, as I live in earthquake country

Financial savings are the way folks today ensure they have a backup plan.

taking it to an extreme due to a religious edict is, well, silly. (And I'd put the prohibition on pork in the same vein. Come on, no bacon?)

maybe you should re-read your 2nd highlight.

Why is that? Re read my posts. The point of the thread is are we (The citizens) adequately prepared? The whole Forbes article is about how we are not and that the average person will panic because they are not informed.

You and your moron siblings don't want to actually discuss and prefer to make every thread personal.

So the second highlight is exactly the point I was making.

An out break of one of these emerging contagions is going to happen. The actual death toll maybe be quite small but the country is ill prepared for the emotional and civil disruption the panic will cause.

Just ask the Hotel industry how Legionnaires disease impacts travel.

The second part is the wisdom of making modest preparations for a rainy day. That rainy day can be from any number of national, regional or personal events as mundane as losing your job. But of course that is a Mormon theme so you are a slave to your biases and hatreds so you can't resist attacking it even if you look stupid for doing so.

taking it to an extreme due to a religious edict is, well, silly. (And I'd put the prohibition on pork in the same vein. Come on, no bacon?)

Bacon? What does that have to do with me? I eat bacon.

The OP did not even mention Ebola, Ebola is related only because it is topical and in the news.

please tell me which of the circled concepts you find to be Extreme, Prepper, or Doomsday

24c5wup.png

Gonna need to crack in through the back way and change that thread title, Dum Dum. I bet Ken Jennings could do it.

The OP did not even mention Ebola, Ebola is related only because it is topical and in the news.

please tell me which of the circled concepts you find to be Extreme, Prepper, or Doomsday

24c5wup.png

the Feds already run adverts on disaster preparedness, and have a nice little website.

What more "big gov't" solutions do you advocate?

Does watching numbnutz trying to back peddle out of something stupid ever get old? We're not even really mocking him as much as we are the one person who took his gibberish seriously....

24c5wup.png

the Feds already run adverts on disaster preparedness, and have a nice little website.

What more "big gov't" solutions do you advocate?

The question was "which of the circled concepts you find to be Extreme, Prepper, or Doomsday?" in response to your claim "taking it to an extreme due to a religious edict is, well, silly."

Think you can give a direct answer to justify your accusation or is more misdirection in the cards?

1,2,3 are prudent. having a couple hundred pounds of grain is silly. but knock yourself out.

1,2,3 are prudent. having a couple hundred pounds of grain is silly. but knock yourself out.

Why? Wheat is about 12 cents a pound. Or about $24 for the amount you call silly. Hmmmm fresh bread. Bring on the Zombie apocalypse.

If you have never eaten bread from fresh stone ground grains you have not lived.

Why? Wheat is about 12 cents a pound. Or about $24 for the amount you call silly. Hmmmm fresh bread. Bring on the Zombie apocalypse.

If you have never eaten bread from fresh stone ground grains you have not lived.

It helps if you have multiple wives to grind it.

Guest One of Five

So Solly - I don't see Jack backpedaling.. not to worry though - you've got pigs covered.

It helps if you have multiple wives to grind it.

There is no Dana. There is only Zuul.

You are dodging your own question there, Dum Dum. Your question was:

"Are you worried about Ebola coming here?"

Based on this:

2gu9hxs.png

No.

Guest One of Five

and he offered sensible, normal precautions.

and you shot him down...

who's the dickhead here?

and you shot him down...

who's the dickhead here?

Are you thinking of becoming a Mormon too?

and you shot him down...

who's the dickhead here?

One need not be Mormon to avoid contact with the bodily fluids of a person infected with Ebola. One must remain vigilant and keep track of the outbreak here in the US, and avoid the bad precious bodily fluids. I've made an effort to track the outbreak here on SA, and so far, it's going pretty well. I need to check in, though. Honestly though, I have a better chance of being hit by a hurricane. I'm prepared for that eventuality. What asshole wouldn't be, if he lived in a place that could be hit?

and you shot him down...

who's the dickhead here?

One need not be Mormon to avoid contact with the bodily fluids of a person infected with Ebola. One must remain vigilant and keep track of the outbreak here in the US, and avoid the bad precious bodily fluids. I've made an effort to track the outbreak here on SA, and so far, it's going pretty well. I need to check in, though. Honestly though, I have a better chance of being hit by a hurricane. I'm prepared for that eventuality. What asshole wouldn't be, if he lived in a place that could be hit?

I have cast reason to the wind and have not, nor have I ever prepared for a hurricane. Even when I was in grad school in Boston and Gloria raged on us. In Gloria, we ran out of beer. It was a tragedy. But I moved and never crossed my mind to prepare again. Ebola is a whole other thing, on the other hand.

Guest One of Five

and you shot him down...

who's the dickhead here?

Sorry Sol - but you've taken the committed fools path.

and shocker - you're going against someone who is actually calling for something smart.

Goshhh you're SmArT - can we see some pitchers of just how smart you're?!?

Woooow....

and you shot him down...

who's the dickhead here?

Sorry Sol - but you've taken the committed fools path.

and shocker - you're going against someone who is actually calling for something smart.

Goshhh you're SmArT - can we see some pitchers of just how smart you're?!?

Woooow....

They are so mired in their partisan hatred that they have to attack even the most sensible ideas. A modest home storage makes sense for just about anyone.

As for Ebola, I have posted several examples of panic and over reaction to non cases. Buildings quarantined, Planes Quarantined. African nations with shoot to kill orders on their borders.

All of which highlights that the public in western nations are not as educated and prepared as they should be. A bit of knowledge, some public service announcements might go along way toward tamping down panic.

Then of course is the reaction of the Idiot Corps to the title of the thread. I asks "Are you worried". They spend an entire thread deluding themselves into believing it said "You should be shaking in your boots that Ebola is coming here".

But who am I kidding. No matter what I post the same twisted BS will flow from certain quarters.

Ok big govt guy. What should the us govt do. Blitz the aurwaves? Send the census takers door to door with a book. Hey, that might work. Get all men right out of high school to pair up and start knocking on doors. I heard that works.

Ok big govt guy. What should the us govt do. Blitz the aurwaves? Send the census takers door to door with a book. Hey, that might work. Get all men right out of high school to pair up and start knocking on doors. I heard that works.

That sounds dangerous. That could spread Ebola, if they were infected, had bodily fluids on their hands, and shook hands with people they met.... I might be worried about Ebola coming here if that were the case, but probably not. I don't open my door for solicitors.

There are legitimate roles for the government. The media is delinquent as well. They see scary potential Ebola cases as good for business rather than using the opportunity to educate and demystify.

I am right. In the future there will be a bio attack or a natural outbreak of an existing pathogen or one that we have not yet heard of. When that day comes you think it will be calm sailing and the citizens will not panic. You're incredibly wrong.

I am right.

You're incredibly wrong.

The condensed version of every Happy Jack post.

Correct ... I can not tell a lie.

I am right.

You're incredibly wrong.

Jack, no need to elaborate. The condensed version is perfect, stick with it.

I am right.

You're incredibly wrong.

I guess you missed the embedded fallacy.

Your condensed version of every Happy Jack post is false as evidenced by my agreement with your statement.

Ironically that make me right and you incredibly wrong yet again.

I am right.You're incredibly wrong.

I guess you missed the embedded fallacy.

Your condensed version of every Happy Jack post is false as evidenced by my agreement with your statement.

Ironically that make me right and you incredibly wrong yet again.

Rubber v. Glue

They see scary potential Ebola cases as good for business rather than using the opportunity to educate and demystify.

They are almost as bad as those who see a business opportunity in spreading malarkey and mystifying something about which there is no mystery, by asking if we are afraid of it coming here.

Being prepared is one thing, Dum Dum, but be prepared for something that actually threatens us. That which you named in the topic title does not.

I am right.

You're incredibly wrong.

Clearly can't keep the Sabbath holy either.

Am I worried ? No

Do you think a suicidal jihadi might self infect and then travel to the US and when he becomes contagious his jihad buddies could distribute contaminated needles to druggies or maybe they founds work in a blood drive clinic or hospital setting and a hand full of people could infect hundreds with ebola over a weeks time?

You don't think the emergence of hundreds of cases overnight would rattle the country?

I think thats just "I have to oppose HJ" bias showing.

IMAGINE!

Reminds me of the silly grins and snickers when Palin suggested Putin would invade the Ukraine. They sure look stupid now.

It takes a true simpleton to advocate a food reserve as a countermeasure for job loss. That's what cash is for, because it is much more versatile than beans.

When Ebola finally gets off its ass and becomes an epidemic ravaging the US, it will be my supplies of lead, not food, which will come in handy as I journey to Colorado City, where dozens of calico-clad women will use metates to grind wheat and make me fresh bread. I shall be King.

I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "Honda Ridgeline"

loved that scene

It takes a true simpleton to advocate a food reserve as a countermeasure for job loss. That's what cash is for, because it is much more versatile than beans.

When Ebola finally gets off its ass and becomes an epidemic ravaging the US, it will be my supplies of lead, not food, which will come in handy as I journey to Colorado City, where dozens of calico-clad women will use metates to grind wheat and make me fresh bread. I shall be King.

Maybe you should think that through a bit more.

The contingency is to cover multiple situations of which job loss is just one.

If the situation is a natural disaster you can't eat or drink money and if the situation is a job loss you still have to eat.

Moreover if you had the intellectual freedom to think outside the box of your hatreds and biases you would have read that the proposed storage is a balance between a little food, some water and a financial reserve.

It this point I have reached your final sentence. Sadly you are much more than just a simpleton.

loved that scene

I suspect more stalking from the the same crowd.

Seems to me your pal Sol was, just yesterday, whining about being stalked..

I see great hypocrisy in all of your futures.

loved that scene

I suspect more stalking from the the same crowd.

Seems to me your pal Sol was, just yesterday, whining about being stalked..

I see great hypocrisy in all of your futures.

How would you know, you are ignoring me, remember?

Sorry Dum Dum. I was whining about not being stalked. English must not be your first language.

"Are you worried about Ebola coming here?" "Maybe you should think that through a bit more."

Doink.

If the situation is a natural disaster you can't eat or drink money and if the situation is a job loss you still have to eat.

Moreover if you had the intellectual freedom to think outside the box of your hatreds and biases you would have read that the proposed storage is a balance between a little food, some water and a financial reserve.

It this point I have reached your final sentence. Sadly you are much more than just a simpleton.

The situation "job loss" is added to the laundry list of low probability events to attempt to give it some semblance of plausibility. It's a childish diversion, much like calling a three month supply of food "a little food." A two week supply of food and redundant means of water purification is a prudent precaution for people that live in natural disaster prone areas in the US. Two weeks is not three months.

"It" this point I think your attempts to be clever kind of fall flat on their face. I would suggest your virulent reaction to those who would not accept your religion's mandated doomsday preparation plans is the true sign of hatreds and biases.

SA Ebola Risk Assessment Survey:

How many of you are

a) in contact with Nigerian sweat

b ) eat fruit bats or

c) have a pet porcupine, monkey or antelope which you brought home from your last vacation in Zaire?

Thanks.

How many of you are

b ) eat fruit bats or

c) have a pet porcupine, monkey or antelope which you brought home from your last vacation in Zaire?

Thanks.

That is far too rational. Please note that this thread is about fear, and your comments do nothing to encourage it.

The situation "job loss" is added to the laundry list of low probability events to attempt to give it some semblance of plausibility. It's a childish diversion, much like calling a three month supply of food "a little food." A two week supply of food and redundant means of water purification is a prudent precaution for people that live in natural disaster prone areas in the US. Two weeks is not three months.

"It" this point I think your attempts to be clever kind of fall flat on their face. I would suggest your virulent reaction to those who would not accept your religion's mandated doomsday preparation plans is the true sign of hatreds and biases.

That's kind of funny coming from the person that labeled an entire religion simpletons and said this is how he would survive a disaster...

" it will be my supplies of lead, not food, which will come in handy as I journey to Colorado City, where dozens of calico-clad women will use metates to grind wheat and make me fresh bread. I shall be King." - JMD

That's kind of funny coming from the person that labeled an entire religion simpletons and said this is how he would survive a disaster...

" it will be my supplies of lead, not food, which will come in handy as I journey to Colorado City, where dozens of calico-clad women will use metates to grind wheat and make me fresh bread. I shall be King." - JMD

Liar. The pamphlet from your religion never mentions job loss.

You, Happy Jack, are the only person that mentions job loss. The simpleton is you.

34q5u2x.png

Your support of the community in Colorado City is troubling, but expected.

How many of you are

b ) eat fruit bats or

Thanks.

That is far too rational. Please note that this thread is about fear, and your comments do nothing to encourage it.

Survey data are rolling in. I fully intend to publish the results as soon as they become available.

Liar. The pamphlet from your religion never mentions job loss.

You, Happy Jack, are the only person that mentions job loss. The simpleton is you.

Your support of the community in Colorado City is troubling, but expected.

28hexxk.jpg

Keep digging the hole deeper, you lying liar you.

"The pamphlet from your religion" means one thing, the thing you used to start this thread. Let me refresh your memory: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=159352#entry4634491

Quote from my opening post

"Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?"

I count five specific things and an "etc"

​What lie are you accusing me of?

Oh, and it is not a pamphlet it is a screen capture from LDS.ORG

Jack must have been a really, really crappy mormon missionary, based on the traction he gets here.

Keep digging the hole deeper, you lying liar you.

"The pamphlet from your religion" means one thing, the thing you used to start this thread. Let me refresh your memory: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=159352#entry4634491

Quote from my opening post

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?"

I count five specific things and an "etc"

​What lie are you accusing me of?

Oh, and it is not a pamphlet it is a screen capture from LDS.ORG

This is your lie: That's kind of funny coming from the person that labeled an entire religion simpletons

It was your words "It takes a true simpleton to advocate a food reserve as a countermeasure for job loss."

Below is the LDS Church advocating " a food reserve as a countermeasure for job loss."

​Hence you labeled an entire religion as simpletons. Looks like you are the liar.

28hexxk.jpg

Btw she has a degree and her husband is a lawyer with two doctorates before the emigrated I presume.

Keep digging, Super Genius.

I'm sure you'll strike Ebola down there somewhere.

I'm confused. are you claiming that you did not say "It takes a true simpleton to advocate a food reserve as a countermeasure for job loss."?

Or are you saying the LDS church did not publish the "Family Home Storage Meet Jean" video.

Because if they did publish that video and I quoted you correctly then you called an entire religion Simpletons.