Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

Am I worried ? No

Do you think a suicidal jihadi might self infect and then travel to the US and when he becomes contagious his jihad buddies could distribute contaminated needles to druggies or maybe they founds work in a blood drive clinic or hospital setting and a hand full of people could infect hundreds with ebola over a weeks time?

You don't think the emergence of hundreds of cases overnight would rattle the country?

I think thats just "I have to oppose HJ" bias showing.

With all of the possible catastrophes which may befall us, I'd have to rate Ebola pretty low on the "Are you worried about..." scale.

I'd rather focus my attention and preparedness on something more likely. It seems others feel that way, as well.

But, if you construe a rational and proportional response to the likelihood of an Ebola outbreak as "I have to oppose HJ" bias, well, you really should get over yourself.

I hate to break it to you, but, it isn't always about you.

1+

Its always entertaining when Jack fails to convince anyone that his opinion is correct and everyone else is wrong. His feeble attempts to justify his initial thread posts indicates a very insecure man. Mitt would be embarrassed to call him a brother.

SA Ebola Risk Assessment Survey:

How many of you are

a) in contact with Nigerian sweat

b ) eat fruit bats or

c) have a pet porcupine, monkey or antelope which you brought home from your last vacation in Zaire?

Thanks.

That is far too rational. Please note that this thread is about fear, and your comments do nothing to encourage it.

Still tabulating. If you haven't yet sent in your answers, please share them. This is a scientific poll.

How many of you are

b ) eat fruit bats or

c) have a pet porcupine, monkey or antelope which you brought home from your last vacation in Zaire?

Thanks.

That is far too rational. Please note that this thread is about fear, and your comments do nothing to encourage it.

Still tabulating. If you haven't yet sent in your answers, please share them. This is a scientific poll.

If I am to be afraid if something, it will be something with a likelihood of happening to me. I am taking steps to avoid heart disease, which has a far greater likelihood of actually hurting me than Ebola ever will.

If I am to be afraid if something, it will be something with a likelihood of happening to me. I am taking steps to avoid heart disease, which has a far greater likelihood of actually hurting me than Ebola ever will.

I am far more likely to be killed by the 3 guns I have in the house than Ebola. However, I have come to terms with my fear and embraced my 2nd Amendment remedies.

I am far more likely to be killed by the 3 guns I have in the house than Ebola. However, I have come to terms with my fear and embraced my 2nd Amendment remedies.

You should keep your Ebola in the safe like I do.

What if job loss was only one of several possible reasons for maintaining reserves of anything?

Wasn't that stated in the OP?

Again. He called you a simpleton. You take it that one more appropriate step.

It's really that easy.

I refuse to play his persecuted victim game.

Again. He called you a simpleton. You take it that one more appropriate step.

It's really that easy.

I refuse to play his persecuted victim game.

I showed you that the LDS Church and its faithful followers specifically think Home storage is a an appropriate mitigation of Job loss.

Are they all simpletons? You did after all claim that it take a true simpleton to believe that.

that's your HJ logic, not JMDs claim.

JMD: "HJ is a Simpleton"

HJ: "If JMD says HJ is a simpleton, by implication all LDS members are simpletons"

Just because you claim the 2nd, does not mean JMD calls all LDS members simpletons.

SAT test Q1;02

If is takes a Gloopy to believe X then anyone that believes X must be a Gloopy

A ) True and TheFlash is true simpleton.

B ) see A

C ) see B

D ) see C

E ) My screen name is The Flash and I am a true simpleton.

What does Happy Jack's religion have to do with this?

Has Hypocrisy Jack© acknowledged being a Mormon?

He has played semantic games claiming to have never stated his religion.

Of course, he is well known for not being honest.

Don't think you exactly answered the question.

Don't think you exactly answered the question.

Well, if we don't have Jack's word that he even is a Mormon, how can we answer the question posed?

Then again, I know better than to expect from Jack a straight answer to a direct question.

Just a bunch of sound and fury to deflect from the question in the thread title, since he couldn't get any normal takers for his fear stoking.

Mormons are supposed to be honest. Jack is not honest. Therefore, Jack must not be a Mormon.

If there is some connection between the LDS Church and Ebola here, I don't see it.

The only connection is the one the reflexive stalkers created.

The title is just a question not a statement but they choose to pretend it's a statement.

The OP does not even mention Ebola using instead generic terms like infection.

But I've really enjoyed people trumpeting how unprepared they are. Rotating a three month supply of common foods through your pantry is apparently the height of insanity to them and you. Go figure. I used to think you were smarter than that.

can you even read your own title? Damn you're dense.

Given we eat fresh food, rotating anything for 3 months would be quite nasty...

What about the title? It's a question.

When they brought the ebola cases to the US the news was full of stories on how they did it. They showed the inside of the EMT truck with it completely wrapped in plastic.

Images like this were in the news. Until the media got bored they were testing every one with a fever across the country. It is obvious to me that they were worried that people would panic.

1407268431712_wps_4_ATLANTA_GA_AUGUST_05

I just about guarantee that if a real spontaneous Ebola case pops up in the US there will be a lot of panicked citizens.

In case you still don't get it the fear might be irrational but the panic will be real.

The whole point of the thread was are we doing what we can so that people WON"T panic.

If there is some connection between the LDS Church and Ebola here, I don't see it.

The title is just a question not a statement but they choose to pretend it's a statement.

But I've really enjoyed people trumpeting how unprepared they are. Rotating a three month supply of common foods through your pantry is apparently the height of insanity to them and you. Go figure. I used to think you were smarter than that.

While I don't share your worries about Ebola as you know, I think most of us are very unprepared for disaster regardless of the etiology. There is talk about the vulnerability of the power grid now and how that is a potential target for terrorists.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/panel-electrical-grid-vulnerable-terrorist-attack/story?id=8597369

Shit, I don't know if I could even find a working flashlight around here.

I keep my flashlights next to the Purell Full Body Wipes.

Where the hell do you have space for that stuff? I am up to my eyeballs in a couple hundred pounds of grain.

Where the hell do you have space for that stuff? I am up to my eyeballs in a couple hundred pounds of grain.

The grain is out in the barn, along with the diesel generators and whatnot.

I keep my supplies in my Mormon neighbor's basement. They keep it rotated and fresh. When the event happens, I'll go retrieve it.

When they brought the ebola cases to the US the news was full of stories on how they did it. They showed the inside of the EMT truck with it completely wrapped in plastic.

Images like this were in the news. Until the media got bored they were testing every one with a fever across the country. It is obvious to me that they were worried that people would panic.

I just about guarantee that if a real spontaneous Ebola case pops up in the US there will be a lot of panicked citizens.

In case you still don't get it the fear might be irrational but the panic will be real.

The whole point of the thread was are we doing what we can so that people WON"T panic.

the question was asked and answered…it appears most people are not worried about ebola coming here.

that does not seem to be good enough for you…you've spent many a long page trying to convince everyone here that we should indeed be worried about ebola coming here. not just worried but scared. not just scared but that we should be going to great lengths in preparation.

we are not worried. and we all have enough information to formulate that opinion. even if it DOES come here (which has happened in the past) we have enough information to feel we are prepared.

so why don't you just shut the fuck up now with your fear mongering bullshit. you've got your answer dipshit.

Why do you hate all Mormons?

Why do you say that? I find the majority to be friendly, simple people of the land.

the question was asked and answered…it appears most people are not worried about ebola coming here.

that does not seem to be good enough for you…you've spent many a long page trying to convince everyone here that we should indeed be worried about ebola coming here. not just worried but scared. not just scared but that we should be going to great lengths in preparation.

we are not worried. and we all have enough information to formulate that opinion. even if it DOES come here (which has happened in the past) we have enough information to feel we are prepared.

so why don't you just shut the fuck up now with your fear mongering bullshit. you've got your answer dipshit.

If you are not interested in the subject why visit the thread, much less comment about it? Crawl back into your hole and make everyone happy.

If you are not interested in the subject why visit the thread, much less comment about it? Crawl back into your hole and make everyone happy.

aww, aren't you special.

i am interested in the thread and will comment on it because it is people like jack and his fear mongering which causes the panic, not ebola itself in this country. additional, the thread opening was a question, jack begged comment. he got the answers…now he is just being contrary and argumentative, as usual.

aww, aren't you special.

i am interested in the thread and will comment on it because it is people like jack and his fear mongering which causes the panic, not ebola itself in this country. additional, the thread opening was a question, jack begged comment. he got the answers…now he is just being contrary and argumentative, as usual.

How does your return visit for another personal attack on HJ or his church contribute anything to a discussion about Ebola?

I don't think Elle said anything about his church. I have, but I don't think Elle has.

While I don't share your worries about Ebola as you know, I think most of us are very unprepared for disaster regardless of the etiology. There is talk about the vulnerability of the power grid now and how that is a potential target for terrorists.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/panel-electrical-grid-vulnerable-terrorist-attack/story?id=8597369

Even you don't get it. I fear the panic that ignorance and lack of preparation create.

I'm sure you know what 3D printing is. What is less commonly known is that gene splicing and other genetic tools are following the same cost performance curve as 3D printing. Maybe you remember Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in Oregon that tried to develop bio weapons and even deployed some crude ones via salad bars to suppress voter turnout.

A lot has changed in the 30 years since.

Ebola is just a place holder for whatever epidemic actually erupts. If elle and others don't think that will ever happen then so be it. The other comments that making a few modest preparation for disasters of all kinds is foolish is rather telling about liberalism and I have to admit that is the purpose of most threads I start.

aww, aren't you special.

How does your return visit for another personal attack on HJ or his church contribute anything to a discussion about Ebola?

well you just got do a little search and cite where i have ever attacked jack's church…go ahead, let's see it, put up or shut up, pics or it didn't happen…you know the drill.

Even you don't get it. I fear the panic that ignorance and lack of preparation create.

I'm sure you know what 3D printing is. What is less commonly known is that gene splicing and other genetic tools are following the same cost performance curve as 3D printing. Maybe you remember Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in Oregon that tried to develop bio weapons and even deployed some crude ones via salad bars to suppress voter turnout.

Ebola is just a place holder for whatever epidemic actually erupts. If elle and others don't think that will ever happen then so be it. The other comments that making a few modest preparation for disasters of all kinds is foolish is rather telling about liberalism and I have to admit that is the purpose of most threads I start.

you are asking the wrong people, jack….no one here is ignorant.

are you looking for everyone here to say? damn jack, you are so right, there's some scary shit and scary people out there. best run out and buy a zombie…err i mean ebola survival kit from jack's buddies.

prepare if you want. nothing wrong with that. easy enough for disasters to happen, i know. but you are starting to sound ridiculous sensationalising and fear mongering.

tell ya what, you can be the first to say "i told ya so"…how's that?

Gonna need some Ebola proof mosquito netting. Luckily, it is on clearance today. I'mma make a f'ing bubble outta that shiznit.

http://www.adventuresurvivalequipment.com/wildlife-mosquito-net.html

Sorry if that's a competitor Jack. Do your guys meet/beat any price?

Three bucks for a head net seems like quite a dealio too.

mosquito_headnet.jpg

Bonus: Looks good for Sunday go to meeting outfits too.

How many of you are

b ) eat fruit bats or

Thanks.

Almost done with the survey. Just double checking the results now, and will publish soon. I apologize for the delay.

By his logic, anyone who does not subscribe to the same line of reasoning and level of preparation as Hypocrisy Jack© is a liberal.

I wonder if even he believes what he says/writes.

are you looking for everyone here to say? damn jack, you are so right, there's some scary shit and scary people out there. best run out and buy a zombie…err i mean ebola survival kit from jack's buddies.

prepare if you want. nothing wrong with that. easy enough for disasters to happen, i know. but you are starting to sound ridiculous sensationalising and fear mongering.

A ) I solicited no sales from anyone or for any of my "buddies". I don't have a single buddy that sells anything related to preparation or survival.

B ) I know full well the response I will get for whatever I post, from certain people. They are mostly on ignore. You are not because you don't cross certain lines. Which is a credit to you.

C ) This thread was never about fear mongering, Al Bore, is a fear monger, I'm not. The thread asked are you worried about an epidemic in America? I used Ebola because it is in the NEWS. If I had said "epidemic" rather than Ebola the character of the posts would not be any different. In any case the OP made it clear I was talking about all potential disasters both personal and national.

D ) the other two points were whether the country was adequately informed and prepared to avoid panic during an outbreak and secondly who personally kept a modest reserve of essentials on hand as a contingency. I pity TheFlash , fresh food is the first thing to run out after a disaster. I fear there will be some nasty meals in his future. Obviously he has never experienced a Hurricane.

Dude, you don't know what's in the panty - wife is Korean after all. We got your grains(not wheat, rice) and pastas overflowing the damn thing. Don't get me started on dog food, the pooches will be well fed. we could go probably 20 days with enough calories, even though it would get old. Water wise, we're good for about 10 days.

But my best supply is what will likely be currency after the Big One hits - booze. I've taken to making my own wine and I've got about 12 cases of 2012, 5 cases of 2011 left, and am about to bottle 30 gallons of 2013. That'll be another 150 bottles. I've got 500 pounds of grapes on order for this year so there's another 150 bottles. The stuff is pretty drinkable too. Better than the 2 buck chuck stuff. If nothing else, we'll have a hellofa zombie party.

Dude, you don't know what's in the panty - wife is Korean after all. We got your grains(not wheat, rice) and pastas overflowing the damn thing. Don't get me started on dog food, the pooches will be well fed. we could go probably 20 days with enough calories, even though it would get old. Water wise, we're good for about 10 days.

But my best supply is what will likely be currency after the Big One hits - booze. I've taken to making my own wine and I've got about 12 cases of 2012, 5 cases of 2011 left, and am about to bottle 30 gallons of 2013. That'll be another 150 bottles. I've got 500 pounds of grapes on order for this year so there's another 150 bottles. The stuff is pretty drinkable too. Better than the 2 buck chuck stuff. If nothing else, we'll have a hellofa zombie party.

Bah

Mormon magic underpants will protect you from Ebola from the neck down.

SHIELDS UP!

Garment.jpg

A ) I solicited no sales from anyone or for any of my "buddies". I don't have a single buddy that sells anything related to preparation or survival. whatever

B ) I know full well the response I will get for whatever I post, from certain people. They are mostly on ignore. You are not because you don't cross certain lines. Which is a credit to you. from my point of view you seem to encourage and revel in the attention. i think this because you say you put them on ignore, yet respond to almost every reply. i try, but i recognise my character flaw that is name calling.

C ) This thread was never about fear mongering, Al Bore, is a fear monger, I'm not. The thread asked are you worried about an epidemic in America? I used Ebola because it is in the NEWS. If I had said "epidemic" rather than Ebola the character of the posts would not be any different. In any case the OP made it clear I was talking about all potential disasters both personal and national. you are fear mongering whether you claim that is the point of the thread or not. you are a fear monger...not a hugely successful one in this crowd...but one indeed. if you meant potential disasters in general you should not be harping on ebola so vehemently...it makes you seem disingenuous. nor should your question have been specifically "are you worried about ebola coming here?"

D ) the other two points were whether the country was adequately informed and prepared to avoid panic during an outbreak and secondly who personally kept a modest reserve of essentials on hand as a contingency. I pity TheFlash , fresh food is the first thing to run out after a disaster. I fear there will be some nasty meals in his future. Obviously he has never experienced a Hurricane. why would theflash be your concern? regardless...he seems to be prepared to the extent he deems fit so what is your beef? you must want something, what is it?

seriously...your question was asked and answered...why do you go on so?

you are asking the wrong people, jack.no one here is ignorant.

are you looking for everyone here to say? damn jack, you are so right, there's some scary shit and scary people out there. best run out and buy a zombieerr i mean ebola survival kit from jack's buddies.

tell ya what, you can be the first to say "i told ya so"how's that?

A ) I solicited no sales from anyone or for any of my "buddies". I don't have a single buddy that sells anything related to preparation or survival. whatever

B ) I know full well the response I will get for whatever I post, from certain people. They are mostly on ignore. You are not because you don't cross certain lines. Which is a credit to you. from my point of view you seem to encourage and revel in the attention. i think this because you say you put them on ignore, yet respond to almost every reply. i try, but i recognise my character flaw that is name calling.

C ) This thread was never about fear mongering, Al Bore, is a fear monger, I'm not. The thread asked are you worried about an epidemic in America? I used Ebola because it is in the NEWS. If I had said "epidemic" rather than Ebola the character of the posts would not be any different. In any case the OP made it clear I was talking about all potential disasters both personal and national. you are fear mongering whether you claim that is the point of the thread or not. you are a fear monger...not a hugely successful one in this crowd...but one indeed. if you meant potential disasters in general you should not be harping on ebola so vehemently...it makes you seem disingenuous. nor should your question have been specifically "are you worried about ebola coming here?"

D ) the other two points were whether the country was adequately informed and prepared to avoid panic during an outbreak and secondly who personally kept a modest reserve of essentials on hand as a contingency. I pity TheFlash , fresh food is the first thing to run out after a disaster. I fear there will be some nasty meals in his future. Obviously he has never experienced a Hurricane. why would theflash be your concern? regardless...he seems to be prepared to the extent he deems fit so what is your beef? you must want something, what is it?

He needs people to pay attention to him. It's what he does. Sad existence.

Read the opening post and tell me where I harped on Ebola. Others harped on ebola so I responded.

You and anyone else is free to ignore my threads and post. You look positively silly complaining about them.

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

I don't know how anyone could think that a thread with that title could be about Ebola. You need to learn to quit when you are hopelessly behind, Dum Dum.

shot-foot_94b19.jpg

He cant change the title, therefore he ignores its existence.

Ebola thread, remember?

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta/AP) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued its highest alert activation over the Ebola outbreak.

CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden announced on Twitter Wednesday that their operations center has moved to a Level 1 response.

^ really, jack?

ylyhgptplckkfbf8qlf4.jpg

Sorry I won't let your desire to remain ignorant deter me.

The last NO on your chart is stupid. No one knows who they sat near on their last international flight, who the person coughing behind you in a line at Disney has been in contact with or the medical records of the people handling the food you ate yesterday.

Have you noticed the increase in the number of vegetable, fruit and meat recalls in recent years?

Yet you take a simple thread that asks if maybe we would be wise to educate the public before some incident starts a panic. The recent Ebola news is precisely why I asked the question. I am directly connected to a large non profit hospital chain in Orlando. The hospitals that have recently reported potential Ebola cases are reporting within the Hospital community that News of the testing caused a direct and substantial drop in admissions, panicked phone calls and other community concerns.

So go ahead and remain ignorant but I think some education before we need it might be useful.

no....not about ebola at all.

No "Sol" *we* don't know how it's transmitted.

The "science" on ebola isn't settled - but keep on deluding yourself.

Apparently - YOU have Superior Knowledge.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

From the Canadian (superior to the CDC pablum) PATHOGEN SAFETY DATA SHEET for Ebola

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/lab-bio/res/psds-ftss/ebola-eng.php

4sbjwl.png

-------------------/----------------------

Contrast the Canadian data on Ebola and this infographic from CDC

2gu9hxs.png

ebola

Ebola thread, remember?

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta/AP) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued its highest alert activation over the Ebola outbreak.

CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden announced on Twitter Wednesday that their operations center has moved to a Level 1 response.

^ really, jack?

Really what? Just look at you. You want the thread to be only about Ebola too. Ebola is not even mentioned in the OP. In fact the opening sentence does not talk about the direct impact of an epidemic it talks about the potential for panic and the need to educate the public.

24c5wup.png

Jack, if it's not about Ebola, why is the Title: (and I quote)

"Are you worried about Ebola coming here?"

you are talking to the wrong crowd...most people here either live on a coast that is frequented by hurricanes, maybe areas subject to heavy snow/ice, or at least have prepared a boat for some kind of long distance race, delivery or cruise.

but most of us aren't preppers...at least not in the definition of the word as you seem to be advocating.

you know there is a whole show on preppers?

of course if there is some kind of major disaster or epidemic, a good many people will be caught with their pants down...as evident by katrina, sandy, whatever...ebola just doesn't rate high on the list of stuff to be feared here in the u.s. right now.

tell ya what...i bet you can find a few prepper forums where your information will be highly valued and your opinion with be largely supported. it just doesn't look like it will be here....no matter how many times you post about ebola then post it isn't about ebola.

c'est la vie.

Ebola thread, remember?

^ really, jack?

Really what? Just look at you. You want the thread to be only about Ebola too. Ebola is not even mentioned in the OP. In fact the opening sentence does not talk about the direct impact of an epidemic it talks about the potential for panic and the need to educate the public.

^^really this....did you write the post i quoted wherein you say "ebola thread, remember?" right up there bolded and enlarged^^

Re-read HJ's initial post. With Ebola as example, his comments were more general and directed at the need for preparedness for any large-scale disaster. Good points all. Most of us are probably in denial about how quickly things can go bad and not very well prepared at all. Like being under-insured or not saving money.

Re-read HJ's initial post. With Ebola as example, his comments were more general and directed at the need for preparedness for any large-scale disaster. Good points all. Most of us are probably in denial about how quickly things can go bad and not very well prepared at all. Like being under-insured or not saving money.

Be sure to disregard the title while you do that, not to mention all of Simple Jack's posts about Ebola and what we don't know about its transmission (the Canadian vs CDC post is a good example), not to mention your first few posts in this thread, Nanny, which seem to be about Ebola as well, so that you can reach a result that helps the team.

Whenever you see Simple Jack backtracking and trying to twist his posted words around, you are seeing the closest thing that you will ever see to him confessing error. Wouldn't Jesus be pissed if he found out that he died for the sins of someone who was never wrong!

Re-read the post from elle, directly above this one.

Jack's OWN words.

Now, he'd like you to look at the shiny coin in his other hand and forgetting about the steaming pile of Malarkey he was just trying to sell you.

Be sure to disregard the title while you do that, not to mention all of Simple Jack's posts about Ebola and what we don't know about its transmission (the Canadian vs CDC post is a good example), not to mention your first few posts in this thread, Nanny, which seem to be about Ebola as well, so that you can reach a result that helps the team.

Whenever you see Simple Jack backtracking and trying to twist his posted words around, you are seeing the closest thing that you will ever see to him confessing error. Wouldn't Jesus be pissed if he found out that he died for the sins of someone who was never wrong!

I've had as much fun riffing on the Ebola tune as you have. But let's be honest, his post was about more than that.

Ebola thread, remember?

Dum. De Dum Dum.

Dum. De Dum Dum DUM.

I've had as much fun riffing on the Ebola tune as you have. But let's be honest, his post was about more than that.

Actually he was using Ebola as a tool to push the awesomeness of his chosen religion. And how we should follow him.

Ebola thread, remember?

^ really, jack?

^^really this....did you write the post i quoted wherein you say "ebola thread, remember?" right up there bolded and enlarged^^

It was sarcasm.

I think the Ebola got Joan.

That's a way to transfer bodily fluids.... If any of us has it, he could get it that way. Stay vigilant. It takes a village.