Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

Guest One of Five

Here Sol - want some funnneeee pitchers to go with this? You like pitchers I know...

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-africa-ebola-cdc-frieden-20140902-story.html

http://www.ketv.com/health/cdc-worker-back-after-possible-ebola-contact/27756870#!bRHIHY

Read 'em Sol - I'll get the cite from CDC later - but there's a 21 day incubation period from initial infection - in that time period, the disease is communicable... Funneee ain't it... here let's post a funnnneeeee pitcher for Sol.

Ebola-Virus-Victims-VIEWNIGERIA.jpg

Guest One of Five

188627.jpg

Here you go Solly.. a pic for someone who didn't believe they were leaving bodies in the streets.

Guest One of Five

You seemed to doubt on an earlier post that bodies were being left in the street - I think you mocked Saorsa for it... here's someone else Solly:

1409315145474_wps_31_People_gather_aroun

Guest One of Five

Don't think for a second it can't happen here. It can.

article-2709686-201A326100000578-589_634

Guest One of Five

I'm sorry - but who's talking to you?

Do you walk into a room and think everyone's speaking about you? Are you that narcissistic? Or paranoid? Maybe in your mind it IS all about you. Have fun.

Guest One of Five

oh OK - so you want to speak about the topic. Nice.

Let's take your number - I don't accept it but let's just use that.

Where in the world can you NOT go in 7 days?

edit:

by plane....

Relative risk is nil for any epidemic of Ebola in the US / developed world.

Worry about something else -- Obola from Kenya for starters.

Aren't we all Kenyan's by leadership?

How about that nasty enterovirus? Maybe the preppers should hit the bunkers. Me, I'll have my kids wash their hands a bit more frequently.

oh OK - so you want to speak about the topic. Nice.

Let's take your number - I don't accept it but let's just use that.

Where in the world can you NOT go in 7 days?

edit:

by plane....

Or mail. But only if pre-openned by the gov.

Guest One of Five

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/09/02/cdc-director-ebola-outbreak-is-spiraling-out-of-control/

453304048.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

Director of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Tom Frieden testifies during a hearing before the Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organizations Subcommittee of the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Aug. 7, 2014 on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. (credit: Alex Wong/Getty Images)

CBS Atlanta (con't)

Affordable Care Act Updates:CBSAtlanta.net/ACA

Health News & Information:CBSAtlanta.net/Health

Disease Control and Prevention says that the Ebola outbreak is going to get worse.

Speaking to “CBS This Morning” following his trip to the West African countries dealing with the outbreak, Dr. Tom Frieden explained that they have to act now to try to get Ebola under control.

“It is the world’s first Ebola epidemic and it is spiraling out of control. It’s bad now and it’s going to get worse in the very near future,” Frieden told CBS News. “There is still a window of opportunity to tamp it down, but that window is closing. We really have to act now.”

Frieden, who visited Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, will tell Washington tomorrow that the Ebola outbreak is “spiraling upward.” The CDC director explained that these countries still need help to deal with the deadly outbreak.

“We need to support countries with resources, with technical experts and with cooperation. Too many places are sealing off these countries,” Frieden told CBS News. “If we do that, paradoxically, it’s going to reduce safety everywhere else. Whether we like it or not, we’re all connected and it’s in our interest to help them tamp this down and control it.”

Frieden said that they cannot wait for vaccines to deal with the disease.

“Vaccines and treatments may come along, but right now what we have are tried and true methods that we have to scale up. They have worked in prior outbreaks but we are not getting to scale,” Frieden told “CBS This Morning.” “The epidemic is going faster than we are. We need to scale up our response. We can hope for new tools and maybe they’ll come, but we can’t count on them.”

During a CDC briefing Monday afternoon, Frieden reiterated his comments to CBS News and said that the outbreak is “now increasing rapidly.”

“This is not just a problem for West Africa, not just a problem for Africa, it’s a problem for the world and the world needs to respond,” Frieden said.

He added: “We need help now. We know how to stop it.”

An experimental drug, ZMapp, recently healed all 18 monkeys infected with the deadly virus in a study, boosting hopes that the treatment might help fight the outbreak raging through West Africa — once more of it can be made.

The monkeys were given the drug three to five days after they were infected with the virus and when most were showing symptoms. That is several days later than any other experimental Ebola treatment tested so far.

The drug also completely protected six other monkeys given a slightly different version of it three days after infection in a pilot test. These two studies are the first monkey tests ever done on ZMapp.

“The level of improvement was utterly beyond my honest expectation,” said one study leader, Gary Kobinger of the Public Health Agency of Canada in Winnipeg.

“For animal data, it’s extremely impressive,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which had a role in the work.

It’s not known how well the drug would work in people, who can take up to 21 days to show symptoms and are not infected the way these monkeys were in a lab.

Several experts said it’s not possible to estimate a window of opportunity for treating people, but that it was encouraging that the animals recovered when treated even after advanced disease developed.

The study was published online Friday by the journal Nature.

ZMapp had never been tested in humans before two Americans aid workers who got Ebola while working in Africa were allowed to try it. The rest of the limited supply was given to five others.

There is no more ZMapp now, and once a new batch is ready, it still needs some basic tests before it can be tried again during the African outbreak, Fauci said. “We do need to know what the proper dose is” in people and that it’s safe, he said.

Ebola has killed more than 1,500 people this year and the World Health Organization says there could be as many as 20,000 cases before the outbreak is brought under control. Last Friday, it spread to a fifth African country — Senegal, where a university student who traveled there from Guinea was being treated.

There is no approved vaccine or specific treatment, just supportive care to keep them hydrated and nourished. Efforts have focused on finding cases and tracking their contacts to limit the disease, which spreads through contact with blood and other fluids.

ZMapp is three antibodies that attach to cells infected with Ebola, helping the immune system kill them.

Of the seven people known to have been treated with ZMapp, two have died — a Liberian doctor and a Spanish priest. The priest received only one of three planned doses. The two Americans recovered, as have two Africans who received ZMapp in Liberia — a Congolese doctor and a Liberian physician’s assistant who were expected to be released from a treatment center on Saturday. A British nurse also got the drug, reportedly the two unused doses left over from treating the Spanish priest.

Doctors have said there is no way to know whether ZMapp made a difference or the survivors recovered on their own, as about 45 percent of people infected in this outbreak have.

ZMapp’s maker, Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc., of San Diego, has said the small supply of the drug is now exhausted and that it will take several months to make more. The drug is grown in tobacco plants and was developed with U.S. government support.

Kobinger said it takes about a month to make 20 to 40 doses at a Kentucky plant where the drug is being produced. Officials have said they are looking at other facilities and other ways to ramp up production, and Kobinger said there were plans for a clinical trial to test ZMapp in people early next year.

(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

here's a funnneee pitcher for Sol...

ebola-victim.jpg

The perfect disease for the baboon squad. There's a vaccine for primates, so they're safe, and the disease is killing a bunch of blacks. Win/Win!

How about that nasty enterovirus? Maybe the preppers should hit the bunkers. Me, I'll have my kids wash their hands a bit more frequently.

I understood they had not identified the pathogen. Epidemic epishemic.. What difference does it make?

check a little closer. Virus is identified, first identified over 50 years ago.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-us-military-to-provide-equipment-resources-to-battle-ebola-epidemic-in-africa/2014/09/07/e0d8dc26-369a-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

"President Obama said Sunday that the U.S. military will begin aiding what has been a chaotic and ineffective response to in West Africa, arguing that it represents a serious national security concern."

Oh Oh, here's another "national security concern" again......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-us-military-to-provide-equipment-resources-to-battle-ebola-epidemic-in-africa/2014/09/07/e0d8dc26-369a-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

"President Obama said Sunday that the U.S. military will begin aiding what has been a chaotic and ineffective response to in West Africa, arguing that it represents a serious national security concern."

This will be embarrassing for certain posters. Flash, 505, sean

So are Obama's Surgeon General and health advisors all boobs or is Obama lying about the threat. You all say Ebola can't happen here.

Ebola threads have a better chance of happening here than Ebola, but this isn't an Ebola thread.

Except when it is.

Guest One of Five

Ebola threads have a better chance of happening here than Ebola, but this isn't an Ebola thread.

Except when it is.

As someone who started a brand new Ebola thread, you have an excellent view into at least half of your statement, judging from your other comments, you have a poor view of its potential occurrence. But carry on the self deception.

Guest One of Five

So are Obama's Surgeon General and health advisors all boobs or is Obama lying about the threat. You all say Ebola can't happen here.

They're never going to admit that. Painfully obvious as it seems.

Guest One of Five

The perfect disease for the baboon squad. There's a vaccine for primates, so they're safe, and the disease is killing a bunch of blacks. Win/Win!

Isn't this a little gem.

You're either a massively racist fuck or a complete moron.

IMAGINE!!

Believe the stories folks.

It's true.

>http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-us-military-to-provide-equipment-resources-to-battle-ebola-epidemic-in-africa/2014/09/07/e0d8dc26-369a-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

Pretty sure the two quotes included are parts of two different discussion - enterovirus vs Ebola.

Who is saying Ebloa can't happen here? I see folks who are saying the threat is lower than that of many other situations.

I don't see people ruling it out as a possibility, as your post alludes.

Guest One of Five

>http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-us-military-to-provide-equipment-resources-to-battle-ebola-epidemic-in-africa/2014/09/07/e0d8dc26-369a-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

Oh Oh, here's another "national security concern" again

Pretty sure the two quotes included are parts of two different discussion - enterovirus vs Ebola.

Who is saying Ebloa can't happen here? I see folks who are saying the threat is lower than that of many other situations.

Except for two other posters, I see people simply attacking his Jackness for posting the topic. You?

I'm sorry, what is going to be embarrassing for me?

>>http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-us-military-to-provide-equipment-resources-to-battle-ebola-epidemic-in-africa/2014/09/07/e0d8dc26-369a-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html

Oh Oh, here's another "national security concern" again

......lockquote>

So are Obama's Surgeon General and health advisors all boobs or is Obama lying about the threat. You all say Ebola can't happen

here.

Except for two other posters, I see people simply attacking his Jackness for posting the topic. You?

I find Jack to be a narcissist and a liar who starts disingenuous threads to garner attention. This thread is a perfect example - it is about Ebola, but it isn't. It's a moving target and he likes playing these games.

I get sucked in, like many, and poke fun at his partisan, dishonest, and biased tripe. To some, that makes me a stalker. I see it as shining a light on something with which I disagree. If he has reported me, the mods have not seen anything I have done as crossing a line. Grumpy takes issue, but he is Grumpy.

He stated there are posters here who "say Ebola can't happen here". For someone who has squirmed out of discussions over semantics and verbal gymnastics, and holds others accountable for the tiniest of details, he needs to own the words he types. If the roles were reversed, Jack would be screaming that someone was a liar and demanding an apology.

AJIUUmd.jpg?1

prostate cancer month is september but then they do the big fundraising push in november (mowvember)..i wonder why november isn't prostate cancer month.

who said ebola can't happen here? please cite….show us the money, pics or it didn't happen, put up or shut up..you know the drill.

ebola can and has been in the u.s.

Guest One of Five

I find Jack to be a narcissist and a liar who starts disingenuous threads to garner attention. This thread is a perfect example - it is about Ebola, but it isn't. It's a moving target and he likes playing these games.

I get sucked in, like many, and poke fun at his partisan, dishonest, and biased tripe. To some, that makes me a stalker. I see it as shining a light on something with which I disagree. If he has reported me, the mods have not seen anything I have done as crossing a line. Grumpy takes issue, but he is Grumpy.

He stated there are posters here who "say Ebola can't happen here". For someone who has squirmed out of discussions over semantics and verbal gymnastics, and holds others accountable for the tiniest of details, he needs to own the words he types. If the roles were reversed, Jack would be screaming that someone was a liar and demanding an apology.

Narcissistic? Jack? Nooooo... Just like quite a few others.

Jack starts threads with political overtones as you mentioned. I don't see any politics in this. You and I spoke about this offline. There's nothing dishonest or disingenuous about his original post. It then became another "Attack on Jack"TM.

Im still waiting for Jack to actually have a position other than that hes afraid. He wants the gov to DO SOMETHING. I wonder what that would be?

Oh, wait. Its jack.he only flings shit.

Guest One of Five

Im still waiting for Jack to actually have a position other than that hes afraid. He wants the gov to DO SOMETHING. I wonder what that would be?

Mind reading there. Imagine!

Jack's post was a PSA - or as close as we'll ever see on these boards. BTW if you're not afraid of Ebola - you damn well should be. Hemorrhagic Fever is not a nice way to go.

180px-Dying_from_Ebola_virus.jpg

Guest One of Five

ebola-virus.jpg

Here's another shot for those laughing about this.

Ebola is a fucked up disease no doubt. But it doesnt make me clamor for more big govt like Happy wants.

Guest One of Five

Ebola is a fucked up disease no doubt. But it doesnt make me clamor for more big govt like Happy wants.

Can you show me where he advocates that? Or are we engaging in what we protest?

Narcissistic? Jack? Nooooo... Just like quite a few others.

Jack starts threads with political overtones as you mentioned. I don't see any politics in this. You and I spoke about this offline. There's nothing dishonest or disingenuous about his original post. It then became another "Attack on Jack"TM.

I would offer that the thread title is about Ebola. But, the thread isn't. But, then it is.

Sounds like the very definition of disingenuous and/or dishonest.

Guest One of Five

Is it just a matter of time before there is a serious outbreak in the US?

I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes.

Every year before hurricane season there are endless public announcements on the news, the Gov. office holds press conferences, they publish a survival guide in the newspapers etc.

I think it is time to start raising public awareness about how to deal with an epidemic too.

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?

The LDS attitude toward preparedness make a lot of sense. Notice stockpiling guns is not on the shopping list.

34q5u2x.png

Oh look - his Jackness's original post.

Sorry for being dense - where's the call for big government? Where's the alarm? You people are IMAGINING quite a bit because it's Jack. Funny that.

Jack's original post was not about Ebola, it was how prepared the Mormon's are for Ebola. Jack would like to introduce you to the benefits of being Mormon.

Is it just a matter of time before there is a serious outbreak in the US?

I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes.

Every year before hurricane season there are endless public announcements on the news, the Gov. office holds press conferences, they publish a survival guide in the newspapers etc.

I think it is time to start raising public awareness about how to deal with an epidemic too.

Are you prepared for period of adversity? Lost job, weather disruption, earthquake, epidemic etc?

The LDS attitude toward preparedness make a lot of sense. Notice stockpiling guns is not on the shopping list.

34q5u2x.png

Oh look - his Jackness's original post.

Sorry for being dense - where's the call for big government? Where's the alarm? You people are IMAGINING quite a bit because it's Jack. Funny that.

read the 2nd paragraph and get back to us. Happy wants the gov to DO MORE

Guest One of Five

Second Paragraph Flash pay attention:

It seems Jack feels the government is not doing this, or not doing enough of this. He implies they haven't even started. I doubt anyone will agree that is 100% accurate.

Pretty sure that is what was meant by Jack is advocating more governmental action.

Guest One of Five

It seems Jack feels the government is not doing this, or not doing enough of this. He implies they haven't even started. I doubt anyone will agree that is 100% accurate.

Pretty sure that is what was meant by Jack is advocating more governmental action.

there's a difference between raising awareness and "doing something" one is incremental and one is not. Take a guess which one is incremental.... time for a funnneee pitcher from Sol with a Blazing Saddle meme.

Govt ahould start educating.....

sounds like asking them to do something...

Still not worried. Self reliance. I prepare for the things for which I am at risk. I don't rely on others to bail me out. That's a Wall Street thing. Personal responsibility is more my speed.

Still not worried. Self reliance. I prepare for the things for which I am at risk. I don't rely on others to bail me out. That's a Wall Street thing. Personal responsibility is more my speed.

You sound like a Mormon.

You sound like a Mormon.

No. He sounds like a self-reliant and responsible adult.

Would you stop posting selfie's Spatial?

He's the only one I know who is so proud of his facial acne.

Guest One of Five

Wow - self reliance - and a "DemocRAT" - can you say oxymoron? Just a simple moron would do.

You sound like a Mormon.

Nah. My reality is fact based.

Guest One of Five

You sound like a Mormon.

Nah. My reality is fact based.

So why are you a DemocRAT?

From what I can tell, Sol is not a democrat, but since he's not a red team cheerleader, from their view he must be.

the old "with us or agin us" routine. Its getting kind of old...

Guest One of Five

From what I can tell, Sol is not a democrat, but since he's not a red team cheerleader, from their view he must be.

the old "with us or agin us" routine. Its getting kind of old...

really, I only see criticism from his part of the "right."

Of course you may not see it - 'cause you're not looking.

Guest One of Five

7 day incubation. Then the meltdown starts

Yea, whatever you say Thunder Boy.

7 day incubation for ebola?

or 21 days? Let us know when you learn how to read.

Guest One of Five

ran out of Blazing Saddles pix? I hear someone's going to do a remake. You're going to be good in a while.

We've already had outbreaks in North America of new diseases (SARS, Swine/Bird/H1N1 Flu, HIV). Where was the population panic that Jack seems to think is inevitable?

Ebola is not being contained right now due to social factors in the affected regions. Ignorance of health systems, high population densities with poor infrastructure/communication systems and poor public education levels.

We know how to deal with Ebola. If it comes here we have a track record of dealing with other outbreaks and are prepared for the next one.

BLASPHEMY

(enough caps?)

Creepy is the people mocking Ebola. I guess the only dead brown people that matter are those shot by white cops in America

https://time.com/3315000/liberia-ebola-existence-civil-war/

The thread title is being mocked, for the hundredth time.

Wait. Only 99. We all know what that means.

Lies!

but then he said it was not…to prove it was not he posted another article….about ebola. quit being so obtuse.

zombie-apocalypse-obama-obama-bots-surge

Obolo is the clear and present public health danger. Ebola, not so much.

Please take care to help contain Obolo. Proper mental hygiene required, i.e. Rational thought.

Got to give Jack credit-- his proselytizing has converted one person. Kmmcabe changes his name and starts carrying water for Jack. Is magic underwear a shield against ebola?

I have a lower opinion of converts than converters.

But did he use colored font?

looks like he used crayons to emphasize his point.

but then he said it was not…to prove it was not he posted another article….about ebola. quit being so obtuse.

Let us not forget that he claimed it to be sarcasm.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=159352&page=4&hl=%26quot%3Bsarcasm%26quot%3B#entry4662905

Hypocrisy Jack© probably should get someone to help him keep track of what he types.

Let us not forget that he claimed it to be sarcasm.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=159352&page=4&hl=%26quot%3Bsarcasm%26quot%3B#entry4662905

Hypocrisy Jack© probably should get someone to help him keep track of what he types.

like a PA for PA?

But did he use colored font?

looks like he used crayons to emphasize his point.

a step up from eating paste.

transmitted via toilet seat? do we really know for sure?

10665303_306679379536248_733727746649453

Jack's post was a PSA - or as close as we'll ever see on these boards. BTW if you're not afraid of Ebola - you damn well should be. Hemorrhagic Fever is not a nice way to go.

That's a fake

Guest One of Five

That's a fake

Hey, I'm open to being wrong. How do you know? You've been there? You've seen hemorraghic fever first hand? Just curious...

Guest One of Five

So the victim won't know it until at the latest 21 days - in the interim they could have travelled all over the world.

Nope - no threat there.

That's a fake

Hey, I'm open to being wrong. How do you know? You've been there? You've seen hemorraghic fever first hand? Just curious...

What website did you lift that image from?