Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

Guest One of Five

He still didn't read his own cite..

What a tool ..

What a tool ..

you mean this?

The 2014 Ebola outbreak is the largest Ebola outbreak in history and the first in West Africa. The current outbreak is affecting multiple countries in West Africa. The risk of an Ebola outbreak in the United States is very low. CDC and partners are taking many precautions to prevent this from happening. A small number of cases in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Nigeria, have been associated with a man from Liberia who traveled to Lagos and died from Ebola, but the virus does not appear to have been widely spread in Nigeria. The case in Senegal is related to a man who traveled there from Guinea.

Guest One of Five

What a tool ..

you mean this?

The 2014 Ebola outbreak is the largest Ebola outbreak in history and the first in West Africa. The current outbreak is affecting multiple countries in West Africa. The risk of an Ebola outbreak in the United States is very low. CDC and partners are taking many precautions to prevent this from happening. A small number of cases in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Nigeria, have been associated with a man from Liberia who traveled to Lagos and died from Ebola, but the virus does not appear to have been widely spread in Nigeria. The case in Senegal is related to a man who traveled there from Guinea.

I love it when Jack yanks an excerpt from one of his "cites".

Cites need to be quoted in their entirety on this site... otherwise losers like you cherry pick.

the link is listed. Why post the whole thing? Too lazy to click?

Guest One of Five

the link is listed. Why post the whole thing? Too lazy to click?

I can post lots of links and claim they mean all sorts of things. Are you too lazy a funk to actually read them? That's what "Sol" is hoping for.

Really you dumbasses need to up your game.

Looky dumbs alert for Sol and those stupid enough to listen to him:

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=48746#.VBty10uppuZ

Looky:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EBOLA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-18-18-18-14

and the Prezzident says this is a global contagion...

you and Sol and all those who listen to him (or pay any attention to his fucked up spin) deserve what happens to you.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EBOLA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-18-18-18-14

Sept 18 update from CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/guinea/index.html

September 18, 2014 Outbreak Update
  • No confirmed Ebola cases have been reported in the United States.
  • New cases have been reported from Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. Nigeria and Senegal have not reported any new cases since September 5, 2014, and August 29, 2014, respectively.
  • On August 29, 2014, Senegal's Ministry of Public Health and Social Affairs announced a case of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in Senegal. The case is in a man from Guinea who traveled to Senegal.
  • The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has reported cases of Ebola. These cases are not related to the ongoing outbreak of Ebola in West Africa. For information on the outbreak in DRC, see the 2014 Ebola Outbreak in DRC page.
  • HHS has contracted with Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. to develop and manufacture ZMapp. Mapp Biopharmaceutical will manufacture a small amount of the drug for early stage clinical safety studies and nonclinical studies.
  • NIH will begin initial human testing of an investigational vaccine to prevent EVD in early September and is working with a company to develop an antiviral drug to treat Ebola.
  • U.S. Department of Defense has funded two companies that are developing drug therapies for Ebola and is working with another company to develop an Ebola vaccine.
  • CDC returned a staff member from West Africa by charter flight after the employee had low-risk contact with an international health worker who recently tested positive for Ebola. This CDC staff member is not sick and does not show symptoms of Ebola. Friends, family, co-workers, and the public are not at risk of getting Ebola from this person.

Guest One of Five

.... and ou resident induhpendant - who claims there is nothing going on - in spite of the fact our Prezzident says differently - continues to play Nero's violin (fiddle in his case)

... you can't make this shit up folks.

I don't think anyone said there is nothing going on. And I don't think anyone said Ebola isn't a serious disease.

Most people here are not worried about an Ebola epidemic in the US.

So what is it that you want here?

I don't think anyone said there is nothing going on. And I don't think anyone said Ebola isn't a serious disease.

To bad the OP referenced ALL infectious diseases not just Ebola. In the case of Ebola a naturally spread outbreak would probably be contained within short order. I expect there would still be a fair amount of panic and economic disruption depending on where and how the outbreak occurred.

A deeper concern is an unnatural outbreak. where a group like Isis brings an infected jihadi to the US and harvests him.

You all apparently missed this scary bit of information I previously highlighted from the Canadian equivalent of our CDC. The uncontrolled urge to attack me probably precludes any in depth reading on your part so let me show it to you again.

2rcqqtl.png

Maybe lyophilization, or cryodesiccation, tripped you up ... big words hard for you? How about Freeze Drying? But, Oh you say, freeze drying is only possible with millions of dollars and PHD degrees,

Wrong again my little polywog.. Preserved indefinitely, Just sprinkle on a salad bar, cut with cocaine, mix with punch at a picnic or sprinkle it on those nicely rolled up washcloths in your fancier Hotel and restaurant bathrooms. The produce and fruit section at the local Super Target grocery store would be easy targets. .

sv2ebl.png

Ebola thread, remember?

To bad the OP referenced ALL infectious diseases not just Ebola.

Whoops. There does seem to be something all over your face, Dum Dum. Egg? A present from Nutty McNutty, who you worked into a frenzy? Who knows what it is, but we know what it isn't. As long as you are in the US, it is not Ebola.

So do you approve of the steps Obummer has taken wrt Ebola? What should he do?

jack is really stepping into serious prepper territory now.

To bad the OP referenced ALL infectious diseases not just Ebola. In the case of Ebola a naturally spread outbreak would probably be contained within short order. I expect there would still be a fair amount of panic and economic disruption depending on where and how the outbreak occurred.

A deeper concern is an unnatural outbreak. where a group like Isis brings an infected jihadi to the US and harvests him.

You all apparently missed this scary bit of information I previously highlighted from the Canadian equivalent of our CDC. The uncontrolled urge to attack me probably precludes any in depth reading on your part so let me show it to you again.

2rcqqtl.png

Maybe lyophilization, or cryodesiccation, tripped you up ... big words hard for you? How about Freeze Drying? But, Oh you say, freeze drying is only possible with millions of dollars and PHD degrees,

Wrong again my little polywog.. Preserved indefinitely, Just sprinkle on a salad bar, cut with cocaine, mix with punch at a picnic or sprinkle it on those nicely rolled up washcloths in your fancier Hotel and restaurant bathrooms. The produce and fruit section at the local Super Target grocery store would be easy targets. .

sv2ebl.png

Yes, Ebola is serious. I don't think anyone here has denied that.

And talk about a straw man....

its sad really, watching someone totally lose touch with reality.

" The uncontrolled urge to attack me probably precludes any in depth reading on your part"

I'm positively prophetic.

" The uncontrolled urge to attack me probably precludes any in depth reading on your part"

I'm positively prophetic pathetic.

fixed it for ya.

Look on the bright side, Dum Dum. You got one person to take the bait. You didn't get skunked.

Guest One of Five

Really???

You better wipe your chin after getting off your knees Thunder Boy.

This threads been nothing but belittling an "unpopular" member's opinion and very honest open question about whether people are or are not prepared and worried about Ebola in the US.

What a disingenuous scumbag.

Guest One of Five

2rcqqtl.png

sv2ebl.png

Yes, Ebola is serious. I don't think anyone here has denied that.

And talk about a straw man....

Really? what a douche...

well jack, if your dooms day prophesy turn out to be true you get to say i told you so to all our corpses and hold hands with nutty mcnutbag singing ring around the roses.

Guest One of Five

well jack, if your dooms day prophesy turn out to be true you get to say i told you so to all our corpses and hold hands with nutty mcnutbag singing ring around the roses.

Goody --- that's the kind of dumbfuck attitude you're famous for.

Good for you. Again.

Loser.

Many Shrubs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the he-depths of the Ebola Slor when that day comes to the US, I can tell you.

Guest One of Five

Many Shrubs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the he-depths of the Ebola Slor when that day comes to the US, I can tell you.

Oh dear gawd --- get the quote right... Rick Moranis is laughing at you.

Really???

This threads been nothing but belittling an "unpopular" member's opinion and very honest open question about whether people are or are not prepared and worried about Ebola in the US.

the belittling of the unpopular member came after a bunch of folks said "no, not concerned" and were belittled by the unpopular member with posts about ebola-geddon and links to Mormon businesses that sell survival supplies...

Making fun of Simple Jack's troll isn't just unfair. It is SO Unfair.

He caught one with it. One. (The loneliest number).

Guest One of Five

Making fun of Simple Jack's troll isn't just unfair. It is SO Unfair.

He caught one with it. One. (The loneliest number).

caught?

You're implying there's nothing serious here. Your Prezzident would disagree non?

Really???

the belittling of the unpopular member came after a bunch of folks said "no, not concerned" and were belittled by the unpopular member with posts about ebola-geddon and links to Mormon businesses that sell survival supplies...

Care to point to such a link. Lying is so like you...

just checked, still not concerned. Measuring wine for SO2 levels before bottling. time intensive process. I will be bottling 205 bottles.

Contractor comes Friday to look at converting a storage area to a wine cellar. Just doing my part for the local economy.

just checked, still not concerned. Measuring wine for SO2 levels before bottling. time intensive process. I will be bottling 205 bottles.

Contractor comes Friday to look at converting a storage area to a wine cellar. Just doing my part for the local economy.

I just checked. You posted the first attack. You lied about the development of the thread and you lied that I posted a link to someone selling something.

Be VERY careful of the contractor, and his fluids.

you missed the point entirely. I just checked to see if I was concerned about Ebola in the US. Still not concerned.

And you posted the advert... Don't you have to buy an ad or something?

Guest One of Five

7 day incubation period.

Whatever you say Thunder Boy.

you missed the point entirely. I just checked to see if I was concerned about Ebola in the US. Still not concerned.

And you posted the advert... Don't you have to buy an ad or something?

You said I posted "links to Mormon businesses that sell survival supplies..."

That was a lie. How you said the thread developed was a second lie. The third lie is that I posted an advertisement.

You sir are now a confirmed liar just like Bus Driver is.

Guest One of Five

To the question "Who contracted Ebola today", apparently a lot did.

29f3ypz.jpg

Dayuuum - those more intelligent than I have a lot os 'splainin' to do - especially in front of an uncomfortable midterm...

Dayuuum - those more intelligent than I have a lot os 'splainin' to do - especially in front of an uncomfortable midterm...

Good god but you are a whiny bitch.

Guest One of Five

Good god but you are a whiny bitch.

No clue what you are muttering about..

reading comprehension not high when PUI?

7 day incubation period.

For Ebola or for worry?
Festering and internal meltdown.

Oh yeah. That.

There is a far greater risk of that coming here than Ebola. A thread to keep track of that might help.

Guest One of Five

Perhaps you should report them.

only if rules are made up post facto...

you just don't stay current - you and butthurt 50 should synch on rules as yet to be created. You may find a mutual 'love' - so difficult to find in your community.

The latest update from CDC:

September 29, 2014 Outbreak Update
  • No confirmed Ebola cases have been reported in the United States.
  • New cases have been reported from Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. Nigeria and Senegal have not reported any new cases since September 5, 2014, and August 29, 2014, respectively. In Senegal, all contacts have now completed their 21-day follow up, with no further cases of Ebola reported.
  • On August 29, 2014, Senegal's Ministry of Public Health and Social Affairs announced a case of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in Senegal. The case is in a man from Guinea who traveled to Senegal.
  • The Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has reported cases of Ebola. These cases are not related to the ongoing outbreak of Ebola in West Africa. For information on the outbreak in DRC, see the 2014 Ebola Outbreak in DRC page.
  • HHS has contracted with Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. to develop and manufacture ZMapp. Mapp Biopharmaceutical will manufacture a small amount of the drug for early stage clinical safety studies and nonclinical studies.
  • NIH will begin initial human testing of an investigational vaccine to prevent EVD in early September and is working with a company to develop an antiviral drug to treat Ebola.
  • U.S. Department of Defense has funded two companies that are developing drug therapies for Ebola and is working with another company to develop an Ebola vaccine.
  • CDC returned a staff member from West Africa by charter flight after the employee had low-risk contact with an international health worker who recently tested positive for Ebola. The CDC staff member was not sick with Ebola, did not show symptoms of the disease, and therefore posed no risk to friends, family, co-workers, or the public.

I just want Obama to Do Something and stop leading from behind! This is Serious!

Guest One of Five

Do a cut and paste, these idiots have problems unless it's bleeding obvious.

Well the only good thing about the first domestic case down in Texas is that it may shut these a-holes up already.

Guest One of Five

Doubt it - it creates more funnnneeee stuff.

And I was right - the loser's making jokes about it. Check out the other thread.

Breaking news: The first case of Ebola diagnosed in the United States has been announced by the CDC:

By Kelly Gilblom
September 30, 2014 4:50 PM EDT

The first Ebola case has been diagnosed in the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control said today in a statement.

A hospital in Dallas had been testing a person based on their travel history and symptoms, said in a statement earlier today. Another patient was being evaluated at a National Institutes of Health facility. It’s not clear if either patient is the one referred to in the CDC’s initial report.

Read more: http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-30/first-ebola-case-is-diagnosed-in-the-u-s-cdc-reports.html

I just want Obama to Do Something and stop leading from behind! This is Serious!

Hey, would one of you guys send Chris Matthews a tweet and calm him down,,, He is fear mongering again and I'me worried he will cause a run on freeze dried food storage.

2j516ro.png

Still not worried. Reading is funduhmental. For some it is fun, for others...mental. For you, it is duh. Avoid contact with bodily fluids of those displaying symptoms.

Guest One of Five

You apparently don't know how to read.

I sincerely feel sorry for you.

Guest One of Five

Still not worried. Reading is funduhmental. For some it is fun, for others...mental. For you, it is duh. Avoid contact with bodily fluids of those displaying symptoms.

Fever is a symptom - sweat is a bodily fluid. How often does that get misdiagnosed?

You really are out of your league.

Obamacare has Ebola covered. They are building a website.

I hope they use virus protection.

good one.

If it takes up to 21 days to see the symptoms then avoiding someone with symptoms isnt much of a comfort.

good one.

If it takes up to 21 days to see the symptoms then avoiding someone with symptoms isnt much of a comfort.

Only if you like to stick your dick in asymptomatic strangers. But if you do, please wear a jimmy hat.

Imagine if people were contagious before showing symptoms. Imagine it!

symptoms-infographic.jpg

The idea of a black man in the White House is responsible for most of those symptoms in tea baggers.

symptoms-infographic.jpg

Imagine they went to a doctor with symptoms and were sent out to the general public for a couple of days.

A male patient who traveled to Dallas, Texas from Liberia is in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital

He is first person diagnosed with Ebola in U.S. as CDC 'disease detectives' arrived in Texas today to track down anyone he came in contact with

Patient arrived in U.S. on September 20 but did not develop symptoms until September 24

He attended Texas Health Presbyterian on September 26 - but was dismissed with antibiotics

He was rushed to hospital two days later by ambulance and put in isolation

Frieden said there was no risk to anyone on the airplane because the patient had no symptoms at the time

However fears after he was mixing freely for four days while showing symptoms - when Ebola is contagious via bodily fluids

symptoms-infographic.jpg

And how do you know the above to be true. The experts believe it to be true but have no proof. Back at university I recall Koop saying even though they believed HIV could not be contracted through tears and sweat the virus existed in both they technically could not say it could not be transferred via either but experts felt it highly unlikely. Kind of tough for the SG to tell a bunch of technical school students otherwise. The governments position was it could not be transferred through anything other than blood and semen.

So one day no transferable and suddenly with the snap of a finger the virus is instantly transferrable? Not how it works.

Imagine! Imagine it, RD!

If the CDC doesn't know what it is talking about, then it is safe to imagine that their diagnosis of the guy in Texas is wrong, and he doesn't have Ebola. Imagine it!

Imagine what numbnut? I know what I was told by the US SG back in the 80's and it was not the same as what the 'gov' was telling us.

Imagine if the CDC was lying to us. Imagine it, RD! Great for fear mongering. You might succeed in scaring Nutty McNutterson, who seems to get firehose hershey squirts at the sight of his own shadow, but you won't have much luck scaring anyone who can read and actually takes the time to do so.

Guest One of Five

symptoms-infographic.jpg

Imagine that they had a fever (symptom) and were sweating (bodily fluid) and they went to Doctor Sol who was not concerned:

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

and Imagine that he said there was nothing wrong:

Baghdad-Bob.jpg

Why Doctor Sol's full of all sorts of answers (and we get funneee pitchers too).

I dont have to imagine that what the 'sign' says is impossible to determine. One must show all of the those symptoms to be contagious? At which exact point in time does one become contagious? Impossible to determine I'm afraid.

Imagine if someone was contagious prior to showing symptoms. Imagine it!

That is much easier than providing a source that disputes what the CDC says. I don't imagine you have such a source, do you, RD?

Guest One of Five

That is much easier than providing a source that disputes what the CDC says. I don't imagine you have such a source, do you, RD?

Imagine if a fever and sweating were unique to Ebola.

Imagine.

imagine if that happened with HIV. Just imagine!

Guys - sorry to tell you this, but you've got a much higher chance of contracting a killer flu infection than Ebola... I know, it's not as sexy as bleeding from your orifices, but it still kills a large number of people each year. much larger than the ebola outbreak will.

Besides, Nigeria has contained the spread of the disease in their country, if the US cannot, well, we deserve what happens.

Guest One of Five

Guys - sorry to tell you this, but you've got a much higher chance of contracting a killer flu infection than Ebola... I know, it's not as sexy as bleeding from your orifices, but it still kills a large number of people each year. much larger than the ebola outbreak will.

Besides, Nigeria has contained the spread of the disease in their country, if the US cannot, well, we deserve what happens.

Imagine the family of the victim wasn't exposed to this.

Imagine if the lethality rate for Ebola wasn't 71%.

imagine we had a government that was actually effective at accomplishing healthcare goals for the nation.

Imagine this thread wasn't started by an unpopular poster.

No numbnut. Do you think our current SG has the balls to say anything? Oh wait - we dont actually have a SG right now. Well there you go.

First rational thing you've posted. Someone knock you upside the head?

We know that and agree. No one said otherwise.

Other than the last sentence.

No numbnut. Do you think our current SG has the balls to say anything? Oh wait - we dont actually have a SG right now. Well there you go.

No source, eh?

And I thought our education system was supposed to generate self thinkers....I guess in the end they just want people to follow what 'they' say...

I'll go with the CDC over LIS, but thanks just the same RD. Poor Simple Jack. All he could catch is a couple of circle jerkers and their socks.