Happy Jack

Are you worried about Ebola coming here?

Guest One of Five

I thought he lived in Florida but, this looks like home.

Imagine_7735c.jpg

it's a comfy place. Fever and sweating are active symptoms - you got that you're communicable and easily confused with something much less deadly.

Funny how it shouldn't take that much IMAGINATION to understand.

That bit about only spread by body fluids is pretty much what they say about AIDS, isn't it?

That's turned out well.

are you still hunkered down over that?

Yep 5 kids 4 different schools Now saying the family must self isolate or they will step in. No worries right Sol? Ever see how kids interact?

I agree it is not easily transmitted, but most Ebola outbreaks burn out quickly because of the high mortality rate and it pretty much hits like a ton of bricks so victims are not up to

Interacting. That said the experts do not know that much about it for the same reason. For example they do not know the host, most likely an animal.

Yep 5 kids 4 different schools Now saying the family must self isolate or they will step in. No worries right Sol? Ever see how kids interact?

I agree it is not easily transmitted, but most Ebola outbreaks burn out quickly because of the high mortality rate and it pretty much hits like a ton of bricks so victims are not up to

Interacting. That said the experts do not know that much about it for the same reason. For example they do not know the host, most likely an animal.

I'm not worried about it. They know plenty about ebola, particularly that it does not spread until the person who has it shows symptoms. I've posted the links from CDC time and time again. In response, we've seen authoritative bloviating with no authority cited. Get worked up if you want, but reading about it via the CDC first is probably a good idea.

A former US SG.

Cite please.

I heard it with my own two frigging ears. He died last year or maybe we could get him to post. No time machine here at this time.

Guest One of Five

I'm not worried about it. They know plenty about ebola, particularly that it does not spread until the person who has it shows symptoms. I've posted the links from CDC time and time again. In response, we've seen authoritative bloviating with no authority cited. Get worked up if you want, but reading about it via the CDC first is probably a good idea.

from your chart above Sol - is fever a symptom?

I have no reason to believe that any part of that chart is not accurate, or should be disregarded. Does the chart say that fever is a symptom?

Here is the chart again, for convenience.

symptoms-infographic.jpg

Tell me the exact time any of those symptoms begin. Also, how the hell would anyone know if another person had any of those symptoms unless they were shitting or vomting on the floor in front of them? How can it be possible to prove that the virus cannot spread until those symptoms develop? Its not possible.

Guest One of Five

I have no reason to believe that any part of that chart is not accurate, or should be disregarded. Does the chart say that fever is a symptom?

symptoms-infographic.jpg

Don't know why you have to deflect and not answer a direct question.

Or would answering that question somehow put you at a disadvantage?

symptoms-infographic.jpg

Those seem to be symptoms that were being displayed when the current case went to the hospital and was sent away from the hospital.

TIMELINE OF EBOLA DIAGNOSIS

September 19 - Man boards flight in Liberia

September 20 - Man lands in Dallas

September 24 - Man starts to develop symptoms

September 26 - Man goes to hospital but is sent home with antibiotics

September 28 - Man placed in isolation in Dallas hospital

September 30 - Man's blood tests positive for Ebola

The red part there is where he was sypmtomatic and out and about in the general population.

We'll learn more in 21 days or so. Meanwhile, folks in the apartment complex where he was staying are concerned.

Guest One of Five

TIMELINE OF EBOLA DIAGNOSIS

September 19 - Man boards flight in Liberia

September 20 - Man lands in Dallas

September 24 - Man starts to develop symptoms

September 26 - Man goes to hospital but is sent home with antibiotics

September 28 - Man placed in isolation in Dallas hospital

September 30 - Man's blood tests positive for Ebola

The red part there is where he was sypmtomatic and out and about in the general population.

We'll learn more in 21 days or so. Meanwhile, folks in the apartment complex where he was staying are concerned.

Why should they be concerned? We have our authority Doctor Sol to provide comfort to us all.

what-me-worry-715605.jpg

Must suck when Dum Dum is right right.

symptoms-infographic.jpg

Diarrhea?, damn, that's really the shits....

Must suck when Dum Dum is right right. [/quote

what was he right about? Making sure you have 1 year of food squirreled away, or the part where the govt must Do More?]

During the height of Koop's nomination battle, in June 1981, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported five cases of homosexual men in Los Angeles who were dying from Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, a rare form of pneumonia most often contracted by people with weakened immune systems. A month later, the CDC reported on twenty-six young homosexual men recently diagnosed with Kaposi's sarcoma, an equally rare skin cancer. During his forty-year career as a surgeon Koop had seen two cases of Kaposi's sarcoma; twenty-six cases in a single report, he realized, were the makings of an epidemic disease, a disease that was destroying the immune system of otherwise healthy adults, who then succumbed to other, opportunistic diseases. The disease, which in 1983 was named Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, or AIDS, was traced the same year by French and American scientists to a virus, the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Researchers discovered the means by which AIDS was spread, namely through sexual intercourse, the sharing of contaminated needles among intravenous drug users, transfusion of infected blood, and transmission from pregnant mother to child in utero, during birth, or during nursing. A blood test to detect antibodies to HIV and a technique for killing the virus in blood products were developed in 1985, making the blood supply once again safe for transfusion, and clotting factors safe for hemophiliacs. Yet, also by 1985, nearly 12,000 cases of AIDS had been reported in the United States, and just under 6,000 of those infected had died. One of those who died that summer was movie star Rock Hudson, a friend of President Ronald Reagan whose death drew nationwide attention to the epidemic.

With no cure and no vaccine, educating the public on how AIDS was transmitted, who was at risk, and how to protect oneself was the only way left to slow the spread of the disease. Since this task fell under the mandate of his office, Koop concluded that "if ever there was a disease made for a Surgeon General, it was AIDS." Nevertheless, for the first four years in office, the nation's top health officer was prevented from addressing the nation's most urgent health crisis, for reasons he insisted were never fully clear to him but that were no doubt political. During the early years of the epidemic, AIDS predominantly affected people--homosexuals and intravenous drug users--who, in the view of President Reagan and his domestic policy advisers, brought the disease upon themselves by engaging in immoral conduct, and who were in greater need of moral reform than of new health information or policies. For two years, Koop was excluded from the Executive Task Force on AIDS established in 1983 by his immediate superior, Assistant Secretary of Health Edward Brandt. Journalists received instructions from Brandt's office in advance of press conferences that the Surgeon General would not answer questions about AIDS, and that he was not to be asked about it. Meanwhile, as AIDS claimed a growing number of lives and the Reagan administration sponsored research but otherwise remained silent on the disease, Americans worried about the possibility of contagion through casual contact in schools, restaurants, and public lavatories; politicians called for the mandatory testing of the entire population and the quarantine of AIDS patients; and AIDS activists, represented by homosexual organizations formed during the gay-rights movement of the 1970s, complained that the conservative Reagan administration was ignoring the epidemic for political reasons.

Finally, in February 1986, nearly five years after the outbreak of the epidemic, President Reagan instructed his Surgeon General to prepare a report on AIDS. Koop went to work with dispatch. During the next several months he met with numerous groups and experts involved in the fight against AIDS, from the National Hemophilia Foundation to the National Coalition of Black Lesbians and Gays, from Christian fundamentalists to scientists such as Dr. Anthony Fauci, leader of AIDS research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), to AIDS patients themselves whom he visited in hospitals around Washington, D.C. Throughout he remained careful to treat AIDS not as a moral but as a public health issue, and to preserve his independence from any of the groups he consulted--as well as from the White House. Koop drafted the report himself at a stand-up desk in the basement of his home on the NIH campus, with only a handful of trusted staff members as advisers, including Fauci. Concerned that an in-depth review by Reagan's domestic policy advisers would lead to the removal of crucial public health information from the report, such as on condom use, Koop submitted numbered copies of the final draft to the Domestic Policy Council, which he collected at the end of the meeting with the explanation that he sought to prevent leaks of the report to the media. The stratagem was successful: after little debate and without further revision Koop released the report at a press conference on October 22, 1986. Twenty million copies were eventually distributed to the public by members of Congress, public health organizations, and Parent-Teacher Associations. In plain language the 36-page report discussed the nature of AIDS, its modes of transmission, risk factors for contracting the disease, and ways in which people could protect themselves, including use of condoms. It projected that in 1991, 270,000 cases of AIDS would have occurred. The prediction was too pessimistic, as the total reported cases of AIDS in the U.S. through 1991 turned out to be 206,000, a measure of the effectiveness of Koop's AIDS education campaign. In his remarks Koop emphasized that since education was the best and only strategy of prevention against AIDS, and since AIDS was spread primarily through sex, school children from grade three onward should receive sex education.

Former liberal critics of Koop were pleasantly surprised while his erstwhile conservative supporters were taken aback by the explicit language and the lack of moral censure in his AIDS report, and above all by Koop's promotion of sex education in elementary schools. Yet, as Koop himself saw it, his approach to AIDS was consistent with his long-standing professional commitments as a pediatric surgeon, as well as with his religious faith: "My position on AIDS was dictated by scientific integrity and Christian compassion. . . . My whole career has been dedicated to prolonging lives, especially the lives of people who were weak and powerless, the disenfranchised who needed an advocate: newborns who needed surgery, handicapped children, unborn children, people with AIDS."

In his many speeches on AIDS over the next two years Koop emphasized that the best protection against the disease was provided by sexual abstinence and monogamy. As Koop often pointed out to conservatives reluctant to address AIDS, science and traditional morality reinforced one another in the prevention of AIDS. But he insisted that in order to stop the spread of the disease he had to dispense health advice to all Americans, including those who engaged in behavior that was in conflict with his personal moral values, namely extramarital, promiscuous, and homosexual sex, and drug use. He appealed to Americans to remain true to their ethic of care and compassion while decrying discrimination against AIDS carriers in the workplace, in schools, in housing, and in insurance policies. He argued for voluntary, confidential testing because it would encourage those at greatest risk to seek medical care, while mandatory testing would drive them underground, would produce many false positives, and would serve no purpose in the absence of a vaccine or cure. He considered quarantine of AIDS carriers unconstitutional and unnecessary from an epidemiological standpoint. Finally, Koop drew attention to the plight of the growing number of children who had acquired AIDS from their mothers or through blood transfusions, as well as to the effect their disease had on their families, the subject of a workshop the Surgeon General convened in April 1987.

The above was taken from NIH website. Not sure how to post the link. The jist of it is that Koop was kept out of the public eye regarding AIDS/HIV by then President Reagan and Administration for policital reasons. I heard Koop speak of this in 86 or so. He absolutely said they could not guarantee the only way to contract HIV was on the things the gov said but the experts believed it to be true. You can call me a liar but I remember wondering who the hell this goofy looking guy was and wondered what the heck an Amish guy knows about all of this crazy stuff!

what was he right about? Making sure you have 1 year of food squirreled away, or the part where the govt must Do More?]

He asked whether we were afraid about Ebola coming here. No matter how many sock puppets the tard squad uses to chime in, I still won't be worried. Even with a case here, this is not equatorial Africa. We've had several patients here already, and all walked away from it. I have worse things to fear, no matter how many goobers want to live in fear. As if I am supposed to say "oh god, there are so many people yelling at me that I guess I must just change my mind and be fearful because these people trying to brownshirt me must be right." Balls. I am intimidated neither by the prospect of Ebola coming here, or retards trying to shout me down when I can get all the information I need from the CDC.

Guest One of Five

He asked whether we were afraid about Ebola coming here. No matter how many sock puppets the tard squad uses to chime in, I still won't be worried. Even with a case here, this is not equatorial Africa. We've had several patients here already, and all walked away from it. I have worse things to fear, no matter how many goobers want to live in fear. As if I am supposed to say "oh god, there are so many people yelling at me that I guess I must just change my mind and be fearful because these people trying to brownshirt me must be right." Balls. I am intimidated neither by the prospect of Ebola coming here, or retards trying to shout me down when I can get all the information I need from the CDC.

Poor you Solly - people trying to shout you down... oh you're such a fucking martyr.

You did nothing but that to Jack on most of his threads. You've got balls to say something as grossly false as that.

What a liar.

oh looky -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776786/U-S-airlines-contact-government-Ebola-concerns.html

Why would airlines go to the expense and put their reputation at risk in tracking down hundreds of passengers who may have been exposed? Because they like wasting money and people's time?

Why's that Sol?

The airlines are simply following the advice of the CDC, where Sol gets all his information -

JetBlue Airways and American Airlines said they were closely following guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Airlines for America, the industry trade group, is also coordinating with the CDC on any government action related to Ebola concerns, JetBlue spokesman Morgan Johnston said.

'We follow the guidelines (put) in place by the CDC specifically for airlines, and we work with our crews to protect the health of our customers and employees,' American Airlines spokesman Josh Freed said.

I heard today that patient zero helped another man carry a sick woman into her home. She is dead and the other man is dead. several days later he hopes a plane to America.

So I started the thread asking is we as a nation are prepared to deal with Ebola or some other disease if it comes here. Are our hospitals trained well enough. Do people know what to expect?

One patient shows up at a Hospital just days after they did an internal Ebola preparation review and gets sent home after he tells the hospital staff he has just come from west Africa.

Stocks fell. Parents are keeping kids home from school in Dallas. The airlines are swamped with calls from worried passengers.

I guess I have my answer. No.

Obama dropped another ball and this one wasn't dimpled.

Guest One of Five

Imagine.

Nutty McNutterson might fall for it.

lose the ego - you've been wrong about this.

Guest One of Five

I heard today that patient zero helped another man carry a sick woman into her home. She is dead and the other man is dead. several days later he hopes a plane to America.

So I started the thread asking is we as a nation are prepared to deal with Ebola or some other disease if it comes here. Are our hospitals trained well enough. Do people know what to expect?

One patient shows up at a Hospital just days after they did an internal Ebola preparation review and gets sent home after he tells the hospital staff he has just come from west Africa.

Stocks fell. Parents are keeping kids home from school in Dallas. The airlines are swamped with calls from worried passengers.

I guess I have my answer. No.

Obama dropped another ball and this one wasn't dimpled.

did he ever. Right before an election too.

You're not going to be satisfied until someone dies.

That's pretty sad, lonely, and angry.

Wish unto others....

Ebola may yet kill someone in the US, but that doesn't make me fear it. Mental health issues kill far more people in this country than Ebola ever will, and we only hear about them when some wacko kills 20 schoolchildren or something like that. From what we've seen in this thread, I'd say mental health issues pose a far greater threat to Nutty McNutterson than Ebola ever will.

Guest One of Five

Why would I be satisfied? Where in your twisted substitute for logic would that have happened Thunder Boy? I supported Happy when his stalker Doctor Sol jumped on his post. Sol's got some major growing up to do. Stalking Happy Jack should be his first revelation.

Guest One of Five

Wish unto others....

Ebola may yet kill someone in the US, but that doesn't make me fear it. Mental health issues kill far more people in this country than Ebola ever will, and we only hear about them when some wacko kills 20 schoolchildren or something like that. From what we've seen in this thread, I'd say mental health issues pose a far greater threat to Nutty McNutterson than Ebola ever will.

.....and morbid obesity is going to kill quite a few others on this board.

If you put Purell on an open wound, it stings. Be careful.how hard you rub Jack.

Gotta have some fun now while there is fun to be had. If their dreams of widespread death do not come to fruition, this thread will rival the Yoo Hoo thread for posterity. That alone will keep Big Pharma in business for a few more years....

Guest One of Five

If their dreams of widespread death do not come to fruition, this thread will rival the Yoo Hoo thread for posterity. That alone will keep Big Pharma in business for a few more years....

What a stunningly perverted thing to write.

Please. Preppers want one thing. A good old zombie apocalypse so they can say "I told you so"

Guest One of Five

Please. Preppers want one thing. A good old zombie apocalypse so they can say "I told you so"

Who's a "prepper"?

I've got a pantry with canned goods - maybe a month's worth of stuff. Am I a "prepper"? Oh I've got a freezer too. ..

Costco was great for provisioning for the Bermuda Race - does that make every patron of a big box store a "prepper" ?

Spare me rookie.

don't know if you are, or are not. Happy is. Happily so.

..and you are a moron happily so... who gives a fucking rats ass? bah.gif

Guest One of Five

Read the NY Times article on Patient Zero - Mr. Duncan held the legs of a patient in Liberia in a taxi. According to the NYT article - that's the extent of his 'exposure'.

What is it you're looking for on these threads?

If we all just state that we're cowering in fear maybe they'll shut up. I'll go first, and everyone should feel free to copy and paste this as your own like one of those form letters to your Congressman:

"Please accept my application to the ranks of the Terrified Cowering Ninnies. I join you in the expectation that Ebola will become an unstoppable pandemic. I fully support the equivalencies you have drawn between the impact of, and reaction to, a disease in Africa and expectations of how it will be handled in the United States. I have thoroughly inventoried my canned goods, and am making a trip to the grocery store today to double my refried bean inventory. I also join you in assigning any blame that may need assigning to Obama. I renounce my skepticism of the pictures being presented as Ebola victims, and by way of atonement present my own:

560.total.ls.8212_copy.jpg

..and you are a moron happily so... who gives a fucking rats ass? bah.gif

Why are you so Grumpy?

Guest One of Five

If we all just state that we're cowering in fear maybe they'll shut up. I'll go first, and everyone should feel free to copy and paste this as your own like one of those form letters to your Congressman:

"Please accept my application to the ranks of the Terrified Cowering Ninnies. I join you in the expectation that Ebola will become an unstoppable pandemic. I fully support the equivalencies you have drawn between the impact of, and reaction to, a disease in Africa and expectations of how it will be handled in the United States. I have thoroughly inventoried my canned goods, and am making a trip to the grocery store today to double my refried bean inventory. I also join you in assigning any blame that may need assigning to Obama. I renounce my skepticism of the pictures being presented as Ebola victims, and by way of atonement present my own:

You got part of that right.

I wonder what Religion this Microbiologist, Emergency Doctor is trying to sell? Stupid Fanatic..

2ushe8x.png

Those evil fear mongering UN guys.

301pnxh.png

hmm, I seem to remember the same fears about HIV mutating to become airborne. Nope, still passed on through contact with bodily fluids.

Question for the bunker. Do i need air filtration? What about water supply? They always show these folks happily sitting in their bunkers eating mush, but they never show where they get clean air and water, nor how they dispose of their waste.

That face reminds me of an old commercial....

"All we need is one pin, Rodney!"

Those evil fear mongering UN guys.

301pnxh.png

hmm, I seem to remember the same fears about HIV mutating to become airborne. Nope, still passed on through contact with bodily fluids.

Question for the bunker. Do i need air filtration? What about water supply? They always show these folks happily sitting in their bunkers eating mush, but they never show where they get clean air and water, nor how they dispose of their waste.

HIV is a unique virus. But you missed a lot living your life with your head up Obama's Ass.

stop being so damn Fact Based! We've got some hysteria to foster!

Guest One of Five

This is too funny - went back over the thread and saw this from Happy's post on page 2. It would seem they've revised the graphic. LOL.

2gu9hxs.png

Children in one Long Island Sound community were scared shitless this Halloween, when one homeowner responded to their calls of "Trick or Treat" by slinging open his door, revealing his own costume:

o43lg.jpg

and began bombarding them with buckets of bleach and leftover Prozak, while mumbling warnings about all of the candy they were taking from strangers, and "whistling past the graveyard."

"If we all just state that we're cowering in fear maybe they'll shut up."

Thread title says "Are you worried....". Yes I am worried. Does 'worried' mean 'cowering in fear'?

Guest One of Five

This is too funny - went back over the thread and saw this from Happy's post on page 2. It would seem they've revised the graphic. LOL.

2gu9hxs.png

That just keeps making me chuckle. On the one hand we have our own Baghdad Bob saying:

baghdad_bob.png

and then we have a real live honest to gosh Doctor saying this about the CDC:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/doctor-boards-flight-in-ebola-protection-suit-to-p/nhZk8/?__federated=1

By Mike Morris and John Spink

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Two days after a man in Texas was diagnosed with Ebola, a Missouri doctor Thursday morning showed up at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport dressed in protective gear to protest what he called mismanagement of the crisis by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Dr. Gil Mobley checked in and cleared airport security wearing a mask, goggles, gloves, boots and a hooded white jumpsuit emblazoned on the back with the words, “CDC is lying!”

“If they’re not lying, they are grossly incompetent,” said Mobley, a microbiologist and emergency trauma physician from Springfield, Mo.

Mobley said the CDC is “sugar-coating” the risk of the virus spreading in the United States.

Watch the CDC discuss the Ebola case here.

“For them to say last week that the likelihood of importing an Ebola case was extremely small was a real bad call,” he said.

“Once this disease consumes every third world country, as surely it will, because they lack the same basic infrastructure as Sierra Leone and Liberia, at that point, we will be importing clusters of Ebola on a daily basis,” Mobley predicted. “That will overwhelm any advanced country’s ability to contain the clusters in isolation and quarantine. That spells bad news.”

Mobley, a Medical College of Georgia graduate who had an overnight layover after flying to Atlantafrom Guatemala on Wednesday, said that he feels that the CDC is “asleep at the wheel” when it comes to screening passengers arriving in the United States from other countries.

“Yesterday, I came through international customs at the Atlanta airport,” the doctor told The AtlantaJournal-Constitution. “The only question they asked arriving passengers is if they had tobacco or alcohol.”

The CDC on Wednesday sent a team to the airport in Monrovia, Liberia, where the Texas patient began his recent trip from Liberia to the United States, to make sure health officials there are screening passengers properly.

“There were no signs of any disease when the gentleman boarded the flight,” said Dr. Tom Kenyon, director of the CDC’s Center for Global Health. “This was not a failure of the screening process at the airport.”

Also Wednesday, customs workers at Hartsfield started handing out Ebola information leaflets to passengers holding passports from West African countries such as Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Information on Ebola is also displayed on posters and TV monitors in the customs area.

The Associated Press contributed to this article.

2gu9hxs.png

What revision(s) have they made?

Guest One of Five

The bottom was cut off in the first posting of it on this thread.

Some - like Sol E. Coyote may have missed it.

Too funny.

Is the URL from CDC?

Here, let me help, RD: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/images/ebola-infographic.jpg

You do mean the part that says "You can only get Ebola from touching bodily fluids of a person who is sick or has died from Ebola, or from exposure to contaminated objects, such as needles. Ebola poses no significant risk in the United States."

That seems to be the part that you and your nutty friend want to ignore. Glad you are paying attention to it now.

Guest One of Five

Is the URL from CDC?

Here, let me help, RD: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/images/ebola-infographic.jpg

You do mean the part that says "You can only get Ebola from touching bodily fluids of a person who is sick or has died from Ebola, or from exposure to contaminated objects, such as needles. Ebola poses no significant risk in the United States."

That seems to be the part that you and your nutty friend want to ignore. Glad you are paying attention to it now.

Nope quite the contrary, I want to focus on that. They've said that "Ebola poses no significant risk in the United States." Then apparently it was deleted in a a later graphic. There are 100 people who would beg to differ. But you can't quite grasp that can you?

Guest One of Five

The Ebola denial is Strong Obi-wan ...

He can't acknowledge for whatever mental issues he's got that you, Happy Jack, his nemesis on these boards, the one he stalks on almost every single thread, is correct on something that has national health importance.

His mental issues. Not yours.

Is the URL from CDC?

Is a tingle up one's leg a symptom of Ebola?

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I'm just trying to follow the logic here. Everybody's being told, don't worry unless they have the infectious symptoms, you can see them, that you don't have to worry about catching them. Yet, this guy picked up the disease apparently from somebody who did not have the infectious symptoms.

DR. EZEKIEL EMANUEL: Again, don't hypothesize because we just don't know. We have no idea what he did or didn't do and how he got it. I'm sure that's going to be vital information to try to understand the transmission, but the idea that there's going to be a widespread outbreak here, I think is just, again, it's a bit of fear mongering. We have a single case. This is not a big, widespread --

MATTHEWS: Yeah, yeah, but I'm just going back to the president's statement, doctor, and that is that the president said it would be unlikely if we had a case in this country. Unlikely to even have one case. You want to see the tape again?

EMANUEL: He said there wouldn't be an Ebola outbreak.

MATTHEWS: No, and in the second part of his sentence he said in the unlikely case someone brings it here. In the unlikely case someone brings it here. Well, they've done it. We're living in the world of the unlikely already. That's all I'm saying. I'm not fear mongering. I'm stating the facts and I wonder if everybody else is.

###

EMANUEL: The reason we can be assured here that this isn't going to be a major outbreak is we have a CDC that can do very good contact tracing. We have a very good health system that takes universal precautions on all patients, with the gloves. And you're not regularly in contact with people's bodily fluids the way it is much more common in Liberia. I think those things distinguish it. And I don't think we should get into a panic because we were reassured it would never be in the United States.

MATTHEWS: No, the president said it was unlikely two weeks ago. Well, it's not the unlikely, it has happened. It's here. (link)

Guest One of Five

Is the URL from CDC?

Is a tingle up one's leg a symptom of Ebola?

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I'm just trying to follow the logic here. Everybody's being told, don't worry unless they have the infectious symptoms, you can see them, that you don't have to worry about catching them. Yet, this guy picked up the disease apparently from somebody who did not have the infectious symptoms.

DR. EZEKIEL EMANUEL: Again, don't hypothesize because we just don't know. We have no idea what he did or didn't do and how he got it. I'm sure that's going to be vital information to try to understand the transmission, but the idea that there's going to be a widespread outbreak here, I think is just, again, it's a bit of fear mongering. We have a single case. This is not a big, widespread --

MATTHEWS: Yeah, yeah, but I'm just going back to the president's statement, doctor, and that is that the president said it would be unlikely if we had a case in this country. Unlikely to even have one case. You want to see the tape again?

EMANUEL: He said there wouldn't be an Ebola outbreak.

MATTHEWS: No, and in the second part of his sentence he said in the unlikely case someone brings it here. In the unlikely case someone brings it here. Well, they've done it. We're living in the world of the unlikely already. That's all I'm saying. I'm not fear mongering. I'm stating the facts and I wonder if everybody else is.

###

EMANUEL: The reason we can be assured here that this isn't going to be a major outbreak is we have a CDC that can do very good contact tracing. We have a very good health system that takes universal precautions on all patients, with the gloves. And you're not regularly in contact with people's bodily fluids the way it is much more common in Liberia. I think those things distinguish it. And I don't think we should get into a panic because we were reassured it would never be in the United States.

MATTHEWS: No, the president said it was unlikely two weeks ago. Well, it's not the unlikely, it has happened. It's here. (link)

Well, Matthews is sort of a D - when he's supporting O - he's OK with Sol E. Coyote.

This? This puts that whole thing into question.

Maybe Matthews actually cares about this country instead of the tingle up his leg?

Sol E. Coyote will offer up some pitchers soon.

That CDC pic with the bottom edited out is priceless.

We got a taste of what this thread was about.

Sure one case can be treated and contained. The problem is the concern and even panic that some are experiencing.

This is with only 7,000 or so cases worldwide. What is the CDC was not exaggerating and the eventual count tops 1,000,000? A lot more cases of people traveling to western nations is possible.

Was this a case where the man was concerned he may have been exposed and wanted to be in the US just in case? infect 1,000,000 in Africa and you will see a flood of people traveling to western nations for our superior treatment.

We have great health care but we don't an excess of isolation wards.

But this is only the beginning. The real panic will come when someone who was never in Africa dies. The reaction we see now will look like nothing.

One has to wonder if this man was al Qaeda and his goal was to spread the disease as a suicide vector how many he could infect.

Guest One of Five

Yes, we have a very serious problem on our hands. The team in office is very far from being able to deal with this. Their political appointees at the CDC, have failed to deliver. With every increase in those effected by Ebola in this country, the odds of contracting it decrease. People like Sol don't get that, they're political apparatchiks - hacks. Their training in science is minimal. I've asked in the past if he's spoken with Moe, he apparently hasn't. Anyone who listens to him deserves what they get.

The real panic will come when someone who was never in Africa dies. The reaction we see now will look like nothing.

Guest One of Five

the-end-is-nigh-always-back-winners.png

Jack, the poster formerly known as KMcCabe and RD.

Isn't that precious.

You really are a tool aren't you? Must be challenging to think on your own huh?

Isn't that precious.

You gonna report me again?

Guest One of Five

Isn't that precious.

You gonna report me again?

Only if you break the current rules.

Scared?

edited to add:

You can always petition for new rules, they're quite receptive.

Scared?

edited to add:

Oh no, I'm a quick learner. I learned you are whiny bitch.

Guest One of Five

Scared?

edited to add:

and I learned long ago that you're just a tool. A tool that proves useful for others. Sorry.

Scared?

edited to add:

and I learned long ago that you're just a tool. A tool that proves useful for others. Sorry.

I was hanging with a group of skydivers last weekend. We were talking about whiny cunts like you.

You know why whiny cunts use tampons when they jump?

To keep from whistling on the way down.

Guest One of Five

Scared?

edited to add:

I was hanging with a group of skydivers last weekend. We were talking about whiny cunts like you.

You know why whiny cunts use tampons when they jump?

To keep from whistling on the way down.

I doubt that very much - you were asking what the best way is to avoid wetting your trousers on the way down.

I've heard it's a problem for you.

Guest One of Five

whining.jpg

Cool Pitchers!! You Solly's bitch?

We got a taste of what this thread was about.

Sure one case can be treated and contained. The problem is the concern and even panic that some are experiencing.

This is with only 7,000 or so cases worldwide. What is the CDC was not exaggerating and the eventual count tops 1,000,000? A lot more cases of people traveling to western nations is possible.

Was this a case where the man was concerned he may have been exposed and wanted to be in the US just in case? infect 1,000,000 in Africa and you will see a flood of people traveling to western nations for our superior treatment.

We have great health care but we don't an excess of isolation wards.

But this is only the beginning. The real panic will come when someone who was never in Africa dies. The reaction we see now will look like nothing.

One has to wonder if this man was al Qaeda and his goal was to spread the disease as a suicide vector how many he could infect.

That might be a little over the top. Not impossible, but unlikely. Had he been a suicide diseaser, he probably wouldn't have gone to a hospital. He would have thrown up on a train or an elevator in NYC.

While I find Sol's comedic approach to this threat offensive and naive - that we are in no danger because the government tells us so - your paranoia and speculation on the other end is bothersome as well.

Again, I think the bigger concern is this virus hitting other poverty stricken places in Asia and South America.

If the patient is indeed an Al Qaeda suicide infecter, what a perfect situation for Jack to blame Obumbler for this. His only hope would be to kill 100s of thousands of Americans. That would make Jack Happy.

If the patient is indeed an Al Qaeda suicide infecter, what a perfect situation for Jack to blame Obumbler for this. His only hope would be to kill 100s of thousands of Americans. That would make Jack Happy.

You are off your meds.

BTW - According to the NYT, the reason why the apartment of the Ebola guy in Texas hasn't been cleaned is because "workers balk at the task" (link).

And the occupents are not allowed to leave. Stay inside but stay away from the soiled sheets and vomit. Don't worry, we're from the government, and we are here to help.

That's fucking funny, right?

Guest One of Five

You are off your meds.

BTW - According to the NYT, the reason why the apartment of the Ebola guy in Texas hasn't been cleaned is because "workers balk at the task" (link).

And the occupents are not allowed to leave. Stay inside but stay away from the soiled sheets and vomit. Don't worry, we're from the government, and we are here to help.

That's fucking funny, right?

It's all funneee