Sign in to follow this  
Sol Rosenberg

Anyone Contract Ebola Today (August 10)?

I guess Sol has an answer to his mocking question.

Ebola is so hard to catch.... One patient; one healthcare worker.

This thread is now an insult.

10351378_982662811759860_225955394190015

Call me a skeptic, but I suspect that this whole trumped up scare is nothing but a profit sharing agreement between corporate media and big pharma.

Still OK here. Had a slight scare this morning, but it now seems clear it wasn't Ebola. My bet is it was Dburrito.

Anyway, whatever it was, it passed smoothly.

Still no SA Ebola, Dum Dum. Our record is perfect, thanks to this thread.

I thought you were ignoring me.

How about your deli? Mine appears disease free, for the moment.

Try the smoked salmon.

Still no SA Ebola, Dum Dum. Our record is perfect, thanks to this thread.

I thought you were ignoring me.

How about your deli? Mine appears disease free, for the moment.

Try the smoked salmon.

It's the knish. Always the knish.

Protecting Sailing Anarchists from Ebola...one day at a time. Our perfect record is a testament to our vigilance.

We need to confront this issue head on. With that in mind, we need to know who among us has contracted Ebola, so that we might avoid contact with their precious bodily fluids, and thereby save ourselves.

So we will need to keep track of this on an ongoing basis. How are we all doing today?

Our perfect record remains intact. No need to call for big government. We've got this. While some folks set out to spread fear and panic, we set out to help people, and base our success on the end of the spread of Ebola to our community, not the continuing spread of it, and a perfect record is the reward for our vigilance. When the pro-ebola forces try to change the subject, those of us on the anti-ebola side have the battle won.

Stay vigilant.

You have to stay vigilant when the Ebola is virulent. The vectors its all vectors these days. Used to be ball bearings but now its just vectors.

What's your vector Victor?

Those companies buy a lot of advertising, so there's no way that Big Media is going to work people into a frenzy about stuff that actually kills Americans in droves.

Those companies buy a lot of advertising, so there's no way that Big Media is going to work people into a frenzy about stuff that actually kills Americans in droves.

Mosquitoes, bitches.

I'm tellin' ya....and they don't even have to pay for advertising...

Mosquitoes, bitches.

Imagine if Mosquitoes could spread Ebola.

This message brought to you by Simple Jack Survival Products, makers of The Mosquito Suit.

camo.jpg

Mosquitoes, bitches.

This message brought to you by Simple Jack Survival Products, makers of The Mosquito Suit.

camo.jpg

because that's how I want to walk around in my own backyard...

Sigh. I can't force everyone to take the threat as seriously as I do, I guess.

Sigh. I can't force everyone to take the threat as seriously as I do, I guess.

Suck it up, buttercup, but not if bodily fluids are involved.

Vigilance, and all that other happy horse shit.

Mosquitoes, bitches.

camo.jpg

Oooooooh ! :wub:

You know, if I was the Sheikh Of the Bayou, all my wives would look like this.

This threat must be taken seriously; the consequences for failure are dire. The reward for vigilance is a perfect record of all SA members protected from Ebola, thanks to one thread. Who can argue with our results? We must not relax now that the plague of our times is within our borders here in the US, and running rampant spreading black death throughout Dallas. Now is the time for renewed vigilance.

Stay vigilant.

It's good to see Simple Jack agreeing with SE, but I think that is a rash and unnecessary step. We here at SA have shown that we don't need to ban flights from anywhere in order to protect ourselves. Our perfect record demonstrates that. No SA Ebola.

Vigilance!

If its one thing I've learned from Jack, he never thinks he's wrong. So when he agrees with me that we should quarantine Dallas from the rest of America, so be it.

I think a border fence around Dallas would be prudent. We could have Jack be our own Snake (escape from new york, kurt russell) if needed, no?

HJ is great at statistics. I'm not, but I have carefully complied data and crafted this graph of infected forum users as an awareness tool for SA folks

SAEbolaVictims_zpsf683968f.jpg

HJ is great at statistics. I'm not, but I have carefully complied data and crafted this graph of infected forum users as an awareness tool for SA folks

Now that's what I call Vigilance!

Wait. I just realized I forgot to pre-process the data. Fuck!

Wait. I just realized I forgot to pre-process the data. Fuck!

I'm guessing that might skew the numbers a wee bit.

Seaweed and algae The answer is seaweed and algae, massive intake of the stuff. Selenium, manganese and the anti-viral properties of seaweed and algae. Some derivative of it is going to stop ebola, it will stop it as suddenly as it began, once medical folks are able to concentrate the stuff, or else just have patients megadose on regular old seaweed.

Don't overlook vigilance. Look at how well our vigilance has protected us here.

I guess vigilance is okay, but I'll take a plate of this stuff ...

474829980_37f171c0fd_2.jpg

We're basically ocean creatures, essentially walking sacks of seawater, we are designed to eat this stuff, or that stuff concentrated in fish. Ground food doesn't have sufficient heavy elements like ocean food does. This is what we all need.

And to demonstrate my commitment, I'm going to eat the living shit out of an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. That's how much I love my fellow Sailing Anarchistas, so much that I'm willing to eat the living shit out of an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. Not just one day, buy many, many days.

Don't overlook vigilance. Look at how well our vigilance has protected us here.

I guess vigilance is okay, but I'll take a plate of this stuff ...

474829980_37f171c0fd_2.jpg

We're basically ocean creatures, essentially walking sacks of seawater, we are designed to eat this stuff, or that stuff concentrated in fish. Ground food doesn't have sufficient heavy elements like ocean food does. This is what we all need.

And to demonstrate my commitment, I'm going to eat the living shit out of an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. That's how much I love my fellow Sailing Anarchistas, so much that I'm willing to eat the living shit out of an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. Not just one day, buy many, many days.

Enjoy your seaweed, but this is no time to ease up on our vigilance. The celebration of the pro Ebola forces as their great plague claims another victim is a constant reminder that our perfect SA record is always in peril.

Stay vigilant, and we will survive the plague of our times.

I am in DFW as I type this. Perfect record may be in danger.

Don't forget to wipe. Your hands!

10721440_708474292565606_177874273_n.jpg

And whatever you do - don't pick up a baby, even if the baby tests negative --

One day, an Ebola-infected mother brought her baby into a hospital, Purfield recalls. The mother died, and the baby was left in a box.

"They tested the baby, and the baby was negative," says Purfield. "But I think the symptoms in babies and the disease progression in babies is different than adults.

"So the nurses would pick up and cuddle the baby. And they were taking care of the baby in the box," she continues.

Twelve of those nurses subsequently contracted Ebola, Purfield says. Only one survived. (Link)

Just doing my part, as I don't think that particular precaution was included on the CDC posters.

Is this still funny?

Texas dept.: 2nd person tests positive for Ebola

DALLAS (AP) - A second health care worker at a Dallas hospital who provided care for the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S. has tested positive for the disease, the Texas Department of State Health Services said Wednesday.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=7JAbdt5E

Is this still funny?

DALLAS (AP) - A second health care worker at a Dallas hospital who provided care for the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the U.S. has tested positive for the disease, the Texas Department of State Health Services said Wednesday.

Who said Ebola was funny? I said I was not worried about it coming here, because we are equipped to handle it. The efforts to whip up fear and panic are worthy of all manner of scorn and humorous abuse, but nobody has said that Ebola is not an insidious disease.

That said, our community is a model for how the spread of information can keep a large group of people safe. Our perfect record of no SA members with Ebola is a testament to that, and I'm testifying. Our vigilance has brought us this far, and it will carry us through.

Obviously we are not equipped to handle it if the hospital now has 72 healthcare workers exposured 2 confirmed with Ebola and expecting more. All after the first patient was in isolation.

Is this still funny?

I'm with you just don't get why Sol continues to double down on this thread. Just let it fade away......

Its proven Texas really is a third world nation. Unable to contain this. We should send the US military in to help them setup a stable environment and contain this outbreak.

Obviously we are not equipped to handle it if the hospital now has 72 healthcare workers exposured 2 confirmed with Ebola and expecting more. All after the first patient was in isolation.

Not this Texas hospital.

http://news.yahoo.com/dallas-nurses-cite-sloppy-conditions-ebola-care-042120774.html

Liberian Ebola patient was left in an open area of a Dallas emergency room for hours, and the nurses treating him worked for days without proper protective gear and faced constantly changing protocols, according to a statement released late Tuesday by the largest U.S. nurses' union.

Not this Texas hospital.

http://news.yahoo.com/dallas-nurses-cite-sloppy-conditions-ebola-care-042120774.html

> Liberian Ebola patient was left in an open area of a Dallas emergency room for hours, and the nurses treating him worked for days without proper protective gear and faced constantly changing protocols, according to a statement released late Tuesday by the largest U.S. nurses' union.

So - the idea that an Ebola outbreak may happen here isn't really that far fetched.

Given this, I don't think it's a "fear mongering tactic", but, simple prudence for the CDC to publish informative briefs describing containment procedures, and what individuals who suspect that they may have come into contact with the virus should do to protect themselves and others.

As SE's referenced article shows, stuff happens.

I don't think having a couple of nurses working in a sloppy hospital getting infected constitutes an outbreak. Its unfortunate and I would expect a huge law suit against the hospital due to lax vigilance. In a libertarian paradise like Texas, that's how things are supposed to work. No need for regulations, the market will correct bad behavior.

Is this still funny?

I'm with you just don't get why Sol continues to double down on this thread. Just let it fade away......

Doubling down on what? I'll ask again, which poster has provided more links to real information about Ebola than I have? Not hysterical opinions about Ebola, but real information, so that those inclined to read something more than just support for their opinion that does not challenge their thinking in any way might actually consider the actual threat that Ebola poses to them. It poses very little threat to me, hence my lack of concern over it coming here. How do you beat it? By avoiding contact with those who have it. That's what this thread is about, and so far, it has protected every single SA member from getting Ebola, while offering some information from which those inclined to education can educate themselves. You say double down like it's a bad thing.

One thread provides a mechanism for preventing the spread of Ebola through our community, for those seeking to stop Ebola in its tracks. The other thread seeks to propagate fear and is dependent on the continued spread of Ebola, as evidenced by the gleeful reporting of the three person epidemic. I've put real information into each thread, not that those with Superior Knowledge can be bothered to read it. Pick your poison. I'd rather be associated with the thread that seeks Ebola's end, and provides a means of doing so. Our record speaks for itself. Where would our community be without this thread?

Guest One of Five

Is this still funny?

Doubling down on what? I'll ask again, which poster has provided more links to real information about Ebola than I have? Not hysterical opinions about Ebola, but real information, so that those inclined to read something more than just support for their opinion that does not challenge their thinking in any way might actually consider the actual threat that Ebola poses to them. It poses very little threat to me, hence my lack of concern over it coming here. How do you beat it? By avoiding contact with those who have it. That's what this thread is about, and so far, it has protected every single SA member from getting Ebola, while offering some information from which those inclined to education can educate themselves. You say double down like it's a bad thing.

One thread provides a mechanism for preventing the spread of Ebola through our community, for those seeking to stop Ebola in its tracks. The other thread seeks to propagate fear and is dependent on the continued spread of Ebola, as evidenced by the gleeful reporting of the three person epidemic. I've put real information into each thread, not that those with Superior Knowledge can be bothered to read it. Pick your poison. I'd rather be associated with the thread that seeks Ebola's end, and provides a means of doing so. Our record speaks for itself. Where would our community be without this thread?

Happy did.

Thanks for playing. Try and be a grown up.

... It poses very little threat to me, hence my lack of concern over it coming here. How do you beat it? By avoiding contact with those who have it. ...

lets hope you don't end up choking on those words, you moron. 10,000 new cases a week, and 70% mortality rate. It will affect everyone...in ways you are too fucking stupid right now to comprehend.

the Flu kills more folks oh stinky one.

don't forget heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and a host of other first world issues. But you can focus on the .000000001% risk if it makes you feel better.

Guest One of Five

... It poses very little threat to me, hence my lack of concern over it coming here. How do you beat it? By avoiding contact with those who have it. ...

lets hope you don't end up choking on those words, you moron. 10,000 new cases a week, and 70% mortality rate. It will affect everyone...in ways you are too fucking stupid right now to comprehend.

Wow ... who's sock is that?

the Flu kills more folks oh stinky one.

don't forget heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and a host of other first world issues. But you can focus on the .000000001% risk if it makes you feel better.

Keep those thoughts close to your heart and click your heels together muttering "there's no place like home". You'll be fine Dorothy.

Turns out the latest case flew from Cleveland to Dallas LAST NIGHT. Tell the 130 plus people on that flight that they should've simply avoided her

Guest One of Five

The number is 143. The contaminated plane remained in service for how long?

Solly will be along soon...

Baghdad-Bob.jpg

i'm telling you, time to quarantine Dallas

Your superior knowledge is overwhelming. Try not to squirt it on each other, boys. It can be transferred by circle jerk.

Markets down 400 points, airline stocks down, Obama cancels fundraisers and convenes cabinet meeting to deal with Ebola.

But, no one on this forum has Ebola , so nothing to see here.

Imagine changing your screen name to ridicule those concerned with the virus, and spend hours starting and commenting in threads aimed to mock those who are concerned.

Imagine!

Your superior knowledge is overwhelming. Try not to squirt it on each other, boys. It can be transferred by circle jerk.

You're outnumbered. There's just so many of them.

You had better lay down your arms as I have: http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=159352&p=4689795

All for two or three jerkoffs and their shared socks. Nah. There's an ignore function for that. Every time I see them with a new ID, I laugh a little bit more because they've admitted once again that they just can't hack it. I don't get brown shirted into silence. If I have an opinion that I wish to state, I'll state it, and let the retards either be outraged, set up a straw man, or demonstrate their superior knowledge, but there hasn't been a bully yet that could shut me up, and these tards are not close to doing it now.

So none of you have the intellectual integrity to say I was correct when I said the country was ill prepared for exactly what has happened. The response has shaken the markets, panicked a lot of people unnecessarily and now we are playing catch up after the damage is done.

Oh and by the way two care givers, one patient is not my idea of hard to communicate.

If this wasn't truly pathetic it would be hilarious. Jack is asking for validation but doesn't recognize the fact that nearly everyone has him on their ignore function just as he has just about everyone else on his. If I had been signed on when I read this thread I wouldn't have been able to see him, He's talking to walls.

The means of dealing with contasion are known. Of course, seeing folks in the plastic suit and headgear who had not secured the neck seemed just a tad silly.

1413299828019_wps_5_A_patient_transporte

If this wasn't truly pathetic it would be hilarious. Jack is asking for validation but doesn't recognize the fact that nearly everyone has him on their ignore function just as he has just about everyone else on his. If I had been signed on when I read this thread I wouldn't have been able to see him, He's talking to walls.

Here is a news flash. Jack was right.

So none of you have the intellectual integrity to say I was correct when I said the country was ill prepared for exactly what has happened. The response has shaken the markets, panicked a lot of people unnecessarily and now we are playing catch up after the damage is done.

Oh and by the way two care givers, one patient is not my idea of hard to communicate.

The country seems prepared fine, excepting the quarantine of Dallas of course.

Here is a news flash. Jack was right.

He asked a question that requested opinions. How is that right or wrong?

What color do you think the sky is?

You know what, you're right. That question is just right!

i'm telling you, time to quarantine Dallas Texas.

all right - this has gone on long enough. The Google adds are now pulling up "Legacy Premium Food Storage"

I said the hysteria over this is really what we should really be concerned about.

And here we go.

I said the hysteria over this is really what we should really be concerned about.

And here we go.

You mean like my original post on the issue when I said ...

"I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes. "

Happy - I've asked before, and you've never responded.

What did you want the CDC to do in addition to their website work, which was already there?

There's no reason to panic yet. Your suggestion would simply ratchet it up.

Get out the duct tape and plastic, I guess.

Guest One of Five

And here we go.

You mean like my original post on the issue when I said ...

"I think the public is not ready and the government should start educating us about how a disease outbreak will be contained. How quarantines works how food an care will be distributed. A bit of public awareness might reduce the panic when the time comes. "

Yes Jack, you were right. As I said from my first post on that topic.

But because you are who you are, you were pounced on.

Privately, several posters agree with you. On this board, that would make others very, very uncomfortable with their positions.

Well, guess what kids, Jack was right, you were too (privately) but didn't have the balls to admit it publicly.

Damn - isn't life queer.

What did you want the CDC to do in addition to their website work, which was already there?

It's like information about hurricane prep; the info is out there for those seeking to educate themselves, but too many people know-it-all and don't need to bother with reading about a topic, until after the storm hits. If that is one of the threats that you face, it pays to learn about it ahead of time and prepare.

Here on SA, we have taken a proactive stance on Ebola, and the results speak loudly (and for themselves). Vigilance!

still no Jack response. Typical

The CDC is now running clean up duty for an idiot President.

Put your health where you mouth is you stupid ignorant moron. How dare you tell people they can not get the disease sitting next to someone with ebola.

Next time there is an Ebola patient on their way to America please go accompany them to the Hospital in back of the ambulance in your golf clothes.

e8lwrr.jpg

First of all, you facts are wrong. The web page had sparse data until after the first patient was transferred here. I was monitoring it and the creation dates contradict your claim.

I picked the first few pdfs under the information for Health care workers... No cherry pick but you can do your own research and try and prove me wrong.

15zk3lg.jpg

zt6mux.png

ziqgk7.png

b85v0y.png

happy has his crayons out again. Must have earned some art time at the mental hospital.

happy has his crayons out again. Must have earned some art time at the mental hospital.

I'm not the one seeing phantom web pages that did not exist.

A few questions.

Is a person considered contagious if they have a fever related to ebola?

If so why didn't the CDC tell the latest ebola infected nurse to not to get on the flight knowing that she had a fever prior to flight on an airplane?

Before flying from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday, Vinson called the CDC to report an elevated temperature of 99.5 Fahrenheit. She informed the agency that she was getting on a plane, the official said, and she wasn't told not to board the aircraft.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html

I was monitoring it

I almost feel bad for you.

Why is that? I married a Doctor and my daughter is an epidemiologist who has been to the Congo and Mozambique on contract with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Her father in law is currently serving with the French Military in Côte d'Ivoire. You could say I have a vested interest in the subject.

Guest One of Five

A few questions.

Is a person considered contagious if they have a fever related to ebola?

If so why didn't the CDC tell the latest ebola infected nurse to not to get on the flight knowing that she had a fever prior to flight on an airplane?

Before flying from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday, Vinson called the CDC to report an elevated temperature of 99.5 Fahrenheit. She informed the agency that she was getting on a plane, the official said, and she wasn't told not to board the aircraft.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html

Yes they did. The same CDC that Solly loves to trust.

Another day, and our perfect SA record remains. More than two months into this effort to save all of our lives from the African plague, and we have a model which all other communities can follow. The way we beat this thing is through information, and vigilance. As the Dallas cases show, we have to be vigilant at all times. But here we are, with our perfect record intact. Vigilance.

Guest One of Five

Another day, and our perfect SA record remains. More than two months into this effort to save all of our lives from the African plague, and we have a model which all other communities can follow. The way we beat this thing is through information, and vigilance. As the Dallas cases show, we have to be vigilant at all times. But here we are, with our perfect record intact. Vigilance.

To be transparent the thread ttitle says Anyone. You didn't limit it to SA. But carry on!!

I was monitoring it

I almost feel bad for you.

Why is that? I married a Doctor and my daughter is an epidemiologist who has been to the Congo and Mozambique on contract with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Her father in law is currently serving with the French Military in Côte d'Ivoire. You could say I have a vested interest in the subject.

Because you have devoted time to monitoring the dates when the CDC website is updated.

You need to get some hobbies.