• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

hammer time

Love the reply Spoonie.

Carbon crap for sure.

Btw: your cat still in 40 ft container, safe and sound. Can't wait to post it :-)

Who in the what now? I don't think it's my cat, but as long as it's not a cat of the mud crab bait variety I'll happily accept it

carbon something or other unsuitable for the conjugal vistation of ones wife, or someone elses wife.

Perfect for that, just need an air mattress or sleeping bag...

EDIT: looks much like the Seascape 18 in the advert just to the left on the front page???

The rubber hammer has a very simple purpose, it would be to answer "why do I want to fix this boat?" Then you'd hit yourself in the head a few times, hopefully reminding yourself because if you don't finish it your wife will have one more thing to hold over your head!

Who in the what now? I don't think it's my cat, but as long as it's not a cat of the mud crab bait variety I'll happily accept it

Spoonie, apologies. I mistook you for my friend Spoonie who heads up the composite division at princess yachts.

Now you have given the game away I won't be forwarding the 35ft carbon cat to your place.

$34,700??? I'll take one!!!

Data of FAREAST 28R

LENGTH OVERALL 8,95mt

LENGTH W.L 8,07mt

BEAM 2,75mt

DRAFT 1,73mt

DISPLACEMENT 1200kg

SAIL AREA total Upwind 44.0m2

SAIL AREA total Downwind 115.0m2

I 10,30mt

J 3,30mt

P 10,55mt

E 3,75mt

Design: Simonis & Voogd Yacht Design

Price: $ 34.700 ex.VAT, ex Works Shanghai.

Price includes a std set of sail (main, jib & gennaker).

Spoonie, apologies. I mistook you for my friend Spoonie who heads up the composite division at princess yachts.

Now you have given the game away I won't be forwarding the 35ft carbon cat to your place.

:D :D (no i'm not Spoonie)

The Fareast 28R "Take Care", sailed by Voogd himself, scored 12/2/3/1/1 in ORC1 at the Flevorace last weekend.

First race was long distance and it seemed they needed to dial in a bit. On the up/down they ripped across the track, a wonderfull sight.

Cheers.

I'm a bit confused regarding construction. Is it a carbon boat? The hammer boat certainly looks like it is, but the literature doesn't mention anything regarding construction.

$34k for a carbon boat sounds too good to be true.

I'm a bit confused regarding construction. Is it a carbon boat? The hammer boat certainly looks like it is, but the literature doesn't mention anything regarding construction.

I don't believe it is all carbon for that price when the 31R which is all carbon is $150k+

wow

aluminum rig looks like, but who cares - it looks like everyone was having a blast, and it would be a great OD boat

at us$34k, that could to be pretty damn disruptive

what do you get for $34K? presumably not sails....

The Fareast 28R "Take Care", sailed by Voogd himself, scored 12/2/3/1/1 in ORC1 at the Flevorace last weekend.

First race was long distance and it seemed they needed to dial in a bit. On the up/down they ripped across the track, a wonderfull sight.

Cheers.

Maarten sailed the FarEast 31

I don't believe it is all carbon for that price when the 31R which is all carbon is $150k+

It is a carbonfibre keel fin and carbon rudder. No Carbon in the hull and aluspars.