Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeterHuston

AC 35 Regatta Director - Jerome Pels????

I hear that ISAF "CEO" Jerome Pels has applied to be Regatta Director.

Ben Ainslie's brother in law as Regatta Director. Wonder how the other challengers feel about that.

Pels was the guy who made the secret deal with Alinghi.

I haven't bothered to figure out how the hiring process for that position will go, but I can't imagine Coutts wanting anything to do with Pels in that position.

Strange, because I have just been told that there is no mechanism to apply for the post. The way it works is that somebody is approached to see if they are interested and then negotiations proceed from there.

If correct I don't see why that would preclude anyone from approaching ACEA to fill the position.

The correlation between these negative traits and trollish behavior was striking. No other kind of community participation showed such a relationship.

The research validates what most community managers have always believed: trolls are awful people in real life, too.

The correlation between these negative traits and trollish behavior was striking. No other kind of community participation showed such a relationship.

The research validates what most community managers have always believed: trolls are awful people in real life, too.

Said she with her very first post.

Sand in your vag sweetheart?

Probably a she-male in reality with close relations with others here, but sure had everyone fooled for at least one post.

Sept 17 2014

The competitors have also appointed a working group to select a Regatta Director, as required by the Protocol. --- From America's Cup Event Authority

So the rumour mill is suggesting that Iain Murray has been appointed. Do we know anymore on this? A pretty fundamental piece of the jigsaw. 6 months to the first event and still no RD, Measurement Committee or updated AC45 class rules for foiling. And 6 months of designers working on the AC62 designs and no interpretation process or amendment process in place as no MC. Anyone know anything?

I heard on the docks RC already appointed him as the next AC36 CoR.

Also,

Ai është duke pritur për specifikimet varkë Oracle për të modifikuar kufijtë e protokoll të erës

PH assured us there was NO F'NG WAY that IM would repeat.

naah, the farce is strong with PH

read the title of this thread, and read his little rant, now look at the result, it should be clear to all and sundry that this strong signal from the master-AC-jedi-Huston has rattled the whole dark AC empire, but since he told them he'd cut them some slack they backed out and went for a clear second choice.

all hail to Huston of course for masterminding this 1k$ interwebs shock & awe campaign

[\grin]

Gawd, I hate agreeing with Simon on a normal time... but, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PH assured us there was NO F'NG WAY that IM would repeat.

naah, the farce is strong with PH

read the title of this thread, and read his little rant, now look at the result, it should be clear to all and sundry that this strong signal from the master-AC-jedi-Huston has rattled the whole dark AC empire, but since he told them he'd cut them some slack they backed out and went for a clear second choice.

all hail to Huston of course for masterminding this 1k$ interwebs shock & awe campaign

[\grin]

I do love it when a plan comes together.

Smell of napalm in the morning is sweet too.

Murray Regatta Director.

Basically the deal was. "Get an interim job as CoR Director, get us the Protocol we want, fold the CoR and come back as Regatta Director".

Little business between friends.

Who can trust Murray is the real question.

It wasn't Coutts that wanted Murray, quite the opposite. The Challengers believe that Murray is maybe the only guy on Earth who can keep Coutts in check!

I have not been paying much attention to AC stuff. But...

Bermuda ($77m???)

Murray (Great guy, but seems kinda funny!)

Foiling ACWS (duh)

Official AC Law Firm (I'm guessing much less than $77m)

Have I got everything straight?