Bob Perry

CATARI comes along at Pacific Seacraft

I like it, especially the light interior with the varnished accents, it will be very livable and the abundance of hatches will allow wonderful air flow. If the dark hull proves to hot in the tropics white paint is always an option?

Regarding practicality, what no working yacht is practical. Yachts are simply for our pleasure, daysailing, voyaging, or even tied to the dock, they're pleasure boats.....

We enjoy the center cockpit, it allows us to spread out guests and in crappy weather we'll camp there and drive the boat withthe remote. ND may find he uses the center cockpit more then he anticipated when sailing. Is there an AP remote located there?

Anyway, beautiful boat, well done all!

assy2_zps4fd916d0.jpg

Yes, CATARI has a bow thruster beautifully faired in and you can just barely see it immediately forward of the forward support pad.

To complain about how the features of someone else's custom yacht don't work for you is a bit like you trying on my shoes and complaining about the fit.

Don't make me have to quote Dr,. Frankenfurter again.

kdh brings up and important aspect of this project. ND has enjoyed the creative process involved here and his appreciation of features and systems has evolved several times over in many cases. There is a lot to learn about a boat like this and as it comes together and more experts/vendors get involved it is inevitable that the client's ideas will also evolve. WHL and I spent yesterday morning updating the changes to the deck plan. We are now on Revision "O" and that does not include ANY of the preliminary design drawings.

Since the project was started ND has bought a house in the BVI's and the boat will live there most of the time.

+1000 Bob. I can't for the life of me understand why folks feel compelled to question, criticize or otherwise comment negatively on someone else's idea of what their dream boat is and yet it happens all the time. Dreams are very subjective, very personal and therefore exempt from criticism.*

*This particularly applies to extremely well executed dreams, aberrations such as the Anacortes Tippy Tug tm are granted an exemption to the rule for reasons of aesthetics and poor engineering/design.

Soaker:

I think many of us come here to CA to comment on all the boats posted. I know I do. It's natural to filter your perceptions through your own experiences and preferences. I have no problem with that. But I do get a bit fusterated when a poster looks at my size 15 boat shoes and says, "They are just too big for me. I don't need shoes that big." Well, guess what poster, they fit me just fine and that's why I bought them.

Custom boats by nature are not "one size fits all" boats so there are bound to be a lot of people who don't fit. Maybe, hopefully, one will say to me, "Draw me a boat that fits me.". I have long believed that no one wants another guys custom design. I have never had a new client come along and say, "Give me a boat just like Joe's,"

Dave will be here this morning. We are working on a custom 43'er. He calls it a "weekender". He will post it here soon and you guys will go nuts. He is prepared for that. Dave has his own ideas on what the perfect boat is. My job is to give it to him.

But I enjoy, most of the time, all the comments so please keep them coming. We all like to discuss boats and custom boats are great subject matter. When I do my SAILING Reviews these days I often get three boats that are so similar in style and concept that I have to scratch my head for something interesting to say. I could save myself a lot of time but just saying, "This boat is just like the other two," I've been tempted.

Hey Bob, I wear size fifteen shoes too! If you have a good internet source for shoes in that size, with more than one or two styles to choose from please share it with me. The usual response I get when I walk in to a shoe store in Europe or the US and I ask if they have anything in my size is "Sorry, no", after they stop laughing.

Soaker:

I buy almost all my shoes at Nordstroms. They stock a good many styles in the lager sizes. I started shopping there for shoes when I hit size 13. It used to piss my Dad off, "I've never paid that much for shoes in my life!" That was back in the day when they would bring out the one pair of shoes they had that would fit me. 13's are common now.

I have worn Sebago boat shoes forever.

My foul weather boots are Gill.

My winter time Romeos are, get this, "Georgia Giants!

I can't stand tight shoes.

I have some dress loafers but I wear them about twice a year.

I get my socks from Filson.

Sav:

Come on. The entire galley gets fiddles everywhere. They are just not on yet. Sheesh! We are using a s.s. bar type fiddle that contrasts very nicely with the mahogany.

Note that the cc companionway ladder is in two sections and the upper section removes to open up even more working counter space. There will not be a fiddle in the middle portion of that counter area. Might trip someone. Like me.

Soaker:

I buy almost all my shoes at Nordstroms. They stock a good many styles in the lager sizes. I started shopping there for shoes when I hit size 13.

I have worn Sebago boat shoes forever.

My foul weather boots are Gill.

My winter time Romeos are, get this, "Geogia Giants!

I have some dress loafers but I wear them about twice a year.

I get my socks from Filson.

Thanks for the info, I'll check the Nordstroms web site. Yeah, big socks are a problem too. Last time I was in the US, I was at one of these two for one bargain shoe outlets because my daughter loves to shoe shop. I was waiting when she came to me with a pair of canvas Sperry Topsiders in size 15. I looked and they had another pair so I scored 2 pairs for 50 dollars. That was the last place I expected to find shoes in my size. Yeah, big socks are hard to find too.

you guys could stick opti masts in those things and start a junior sailing program!

Hmmm, nobody ever made any jokes about the size of my shoes and boats before, why didn't I think of that! I'll bet Bob never heard anything like that either...

+1 on Nordstrom for shoes. That's what they started out as, a shoe store, and they still take it seriously. I wear size 9 4E and they usually have a good selection with that width. I can't for the life of me find a decent 9 4E boat shoe though.

One thing about designing custom boats is that it pushes you to be more innovative when coming up with solutions to the customer's requirements. By the way I think the shoe analogy is a great one Bob.

+1 on Nordstrom for shoes. That's what they started out as, a shoe store, and they still take it seriously. I wear size 9 4E and they usually have a good selection with that width. I can't for the life of me find a decent 9 4E boat shoe though.

One thing about designing custom boats is that it pushes you to be more innovative when coming up with solutions to the customer's requirements. By the way I think the shoe analogy is a great one Bob.

Thanks, I feel better now, at least my feet are just long but proportioned. A 9 4E, doesn't that make your foot nearly as wide as it is long? I also have very long arms, long legs and very large hands, so buying any kind of apparel is not easy for me. You know what they say about big hands....

Thread drift? What thread drift, I don't see no thread drift.

No wonder I fell off our boat...I don't have feet the size of garbage can lids!

:P

Jose, for dress shoes try Clark's. Same guys that make Wallabees. I have the 4E Luau feet as well. For everything else New Balance is the choice except that they aren't 100% made in America any more and they fall apart. But at least they fit until they fall apart.

For moccasin boat shoes, just go sail and get them wet. They'll fit.

Soak_ed, the outlet stores get the leftovers. So not unusual to see the larger sizes.

Bob, beautiful boat. So back on topic.

You'all got small feet. REAL luau feet like mine are 10 1/2 x 6E wide, high instep, square toe line. Only beaten by original South Sea Islanders who's toes have migrated about. I WISH I could have a 'favorite' boot, cause right now I've got none. If/when it becomes a major issue I'll have to go custom.

I WISH I could have a 'favorite' boot, cause right now I've got none. If/when it becomes a major issue I'll have to go custom.

That's one way to close a thread drift, bring it right back to boot design.

Thanks, I feel better now, at least my feet are just long but proportioned. A 9 4E, doesn't that make your foot nearly as wide as it is long? I also have very long arms, long legs and very large hands, so buying any kind of apparel is not easy for me. You know what they say about big hands....

Thread drift? What thread drift, I don't see no thread drift.

I think they call that a monkey. :P

The fact is that ankle dimensions and foot length dimensions don't jibe. Regardless of the shoe size, the ankle dimension remains fairly constant. The result is that the proportions of a shoe for a guy wearing a size 10 are far more aesthetically pleasing than the relevant dimensions for a guy wearing a size 14. There is kind of a back to front dis proportionality. My long shows look too long in front of the ankle. They look like flippers. A nice short foot can have the forward portion of the shoe be almost balanced with the back portion of the shoe creating a balanced look. I'll bet you a lamb chop dinner that shoe models wear a size 10. The shoe just looks better. I'm considering pedimetic surgery. But I have to thank my big flipper feet for my high school and college swimming times. I was quite the breast stroker.

I saw a little irregularity in the paint fwd of that pad. That's a thruster? Cool!

The easy way to tell is to click on the drawings I have put on Bob's website, most of them have enlarged views attached to them. In the case of the Catari Inboard Profile & Layout it is 1822 x 933 pixels, and you can not only see the thruster, but read the caption. I try to scale the images so the detail is easy to see, that means the larger hulls will have much larger versions attached. Make sure to view them full size.

You can see the Catari section here. It also has a tweaked version of the photo you are referring to.

Here is the plan:

catarilayoutlarge.png

When I expanded the pic to see the bow thruster I noticed that the transom steps are open (deployed?), how much does that section weigh and how is it operated, hydraulically?

I saw a little irregularity in the paint fwd of that pad. That's a thruster? Cool!

The easy way to tell is to click on the drawings I have put on Bob's website, most of them have enlarged views attached to them. In the case of the Catari Inboard Profile & Layout it is 1822 x 933 pixels, and you can not only see the thruster, but read the caption. I try to scale the images so the detail is easy to see, that means the larger hulls will have much larger versions attached. Make sure to view them full size.

You can see the Catari section here. It also has a tweaked version of the photo you are referring to.

Here is the plan:

catarilayoutlarge.png

I actually visited the site and clicked on that larger picture before without seeing the thruster. Looked again just now. It still looks like an irregularity in the paint to me. That's cool! Does it have a cowling that closes over the hole or something?

Tom:

That layout you posted is very obsolete in many ways. . Here is the current layout.

This layout does not show the Streisand chairs in the salon. I did not draw them. They were mocked up by the yard. They are not a favorite feature of mine.

Luckylayout_zps8d2c6538.jpg

Just curious....with a boat that has this many systems is the owner given training in how to maintain and troubleshoot, or just a set of manuals?

I once met an owner of a VERY upscale bus chassis motorhome and he told me when he took delivery at the factory, he also had to take a week long course on driving, systems maintenance and basic repairs. I always thought that was a smart move by the builder.

Bob, are the princess chairs the arrangement that's two chairs with a table between them? The owners of the boat before mine chose that instead of my transom berth. The table had a chessboard pattern on it.

It's not a salty look, but I guess the trade-off is between another usable berth and having more space to put down your drink.

The chairs do limit how one sits as well. Often people sit with their back in a corner and legs up on the berth.

By the time this boat is launched, maybe Rimas will have rounded the Horn in his San Juan 23. I'm sure he could easily fill the role of skipper and all the maintenance issues would be moot.

Actually, I believe Bob's friend and contributor on the project, WHL will have put together a comprehensive 'owners handbook' of sorts. He has devoted a lot of time to the rigging and deck layout and everything has been carefully considered many times over on deck and below. I have a very complete 3d model of the boat that was used in the whole process that with a bit of updating might be a candidate for a 'virtual owners manual'. I've wanted to do this for some time but it would involve using 'hyperlinks' which can be attached to each item of hardware or equipment in the 3d model, that when clicked or queried will take you to a webpage of that items catalog page showing the part number, capacity, specs or any data you choose. Imagine knowing that a bilge pump buried deep (and I mean really deep on Catari!) in a bilge doesn't seem to be functioning so you pull up the VM (Virtual Manual) and click on that pump proxy object and you get the full parts list and exploded straight from Rules website. Even without internet connection, the webpages can be cached so one can always have the functionality.

I worked for nearly two years doing outfitting and detailing modeling on a 197' Trinity yacht for the owners desire to visualize exactly what he was spending such big bucks on. His rep had gone to make the monthly inspection of the work progress and found some serious goofs and the NA firm I worked for were asked to put together a rendering from the construction 3d model that the yard had and clearly illustrate to the owner how things really were. The builder was not really too happy about the situation and grudgingly handed over the somewhat incomplete hull and superstructure file and I went to work adding all the little details and did hundreds if not thousands of renderings on the behalf of the owner. He kept making major changes along the way but the 3d model and the renders made sure he really liked something before they took the cutting torches to it. I had hoped that with the huge investment of time and effort on that project that I would get the chance to do the VM idea, but things got so at odds between the yard and the owner that it never happened.

PSC might be the sort of 'service after the sale' type of builder that would take interest and the model is very close to the 'as built' (Striesand chairs excepted), but it will really be up to Mr Lucky.

I have no doubt the owner will go to school on the fun stuff...rigging, sail handling gear, galley equipment...I'm think more along the lines of "what do I do...the head backed up"?

kdh:

No, I call those chairs in the salon "Streisand chairs". I tell that story on the thread over on SA. I do not like them at all. They are not versatile.

What we are calling the "princes seats" are the small seats in the corner of the stern pulpit. I think maybe Hunter came up wit them first. They are nice seats with a great view forward.

But ND does not like the idea of sitting in a "princess seat". So as I mentioned, one seat will be a princess seat and the other will be a "big bad mother fucker seat".

Gate:

ND is very intelligent and devoted to understanding each and every system on board. The systems guy at PSC, Gary, is a genius and ND is taking full advantage of this guy to educate him on how all systems work. I have sat in on their sessions and in moments they are well over my head. I have sat down with Gary by myself and had him walk me through the systems. He's very patient and a good teacher. ND has shown this same level of interest in everything aboard the boat. He is very involved with every decision. You begin to understand why he was so successful in business.

Some high end car manufacturers are no longer supplying manuals to owners, an I pad is provided instead. This might be a good project for this boat, almost all electronic equipment has online pdf files, the design was all based on computer files, the renderings are beautiful, you could even put in a few of Bob's better forum responses for entertainment. Plumbing and wiring diagrams could be included or scanned in.

I recently was given a loaner car when mine was in for service, the dealers have figured out giving you a much nicer car than yours is good for future sales. The one I drove had most of the documention built into the nav screen system, including video tutorials for the more complex systems. Doing this with a chart plotter seems reasonable

Sorry, Bob. I meant to say "Streisand chairs." I read your story on SA.

The seats I described above were not armchairs, so what ND chose is not what I described. Along with big shoes I have no use for armchairs on a boat.

barbra+streisand-in-scene-from-I-can-get

kdh:

I could be wrong calling them "arm chairs" but that's what I am imagining given the mock ups and the discussion.

To my eye they don't belong on a boat. A settee/.berth is so much more versatile. I had a nice, deep settee there.

I do not want my boat to look like a house.

But, this is a custom boat.

With multiple power sources and dual cycles, and devices consuming 12 TO 24 VDC, and 110 to 240VAC, It's a sophisticated electrical system and Gerry has done a great job designing it to keep it easy to operate. He's also developed his own "Electrical CAD" system to suit his needs, which will provide good electrical systems documentation to supplement the component documentation from various manufacturers.

Joli, there is a B&G AP remote in the center cockpit. In addition to B&G instrument displays in various places in Catari, the instruments, AP and ZEUS system will be remotely operable via WIFI and iPad app.

I think his name is Gary and he is something else. He does have his own custom cad system for drawing out his systems. This is Gary sitting into starboard of the aft companionway explaining the world of electrical systems to the crew.

Notice the smoke coming out of everyone's ears.

PSC63cockpit_zps37af1a7d.jpg

Nope, I was wrong. The systems guy is Gerry.

"I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me." Beck

Must be my bad cold and sleep.. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry. His name is Gregg.

Bob, are the princess chairs the arrangement that's two chairs with a table between them? The owners of the boat before mine chose that instead of my transom berth. The table had a chessboard pattern on it.

It's not a salty look, but I guess the trade-off is between another usable berth and having more space to put down your drink.

The chairs do limit how one sits as well. Often people sit with their back in a corner and legs up on the berth.

That sounds like the two chairs you see on lots of HRs.

This kind of thing.

post-17161-0-78280100-1413071096_thumb.jpg

Rasputin,

There is a program called link one that was used at my old engineering firm that sounds like it might be what you are after for the hyperlinked model renders. We used it for mining machinery, quite a bit of work involved but a very nice product at the end

I dont hate those chairs, but a couch is more versatile and can be used as a sea birth.

I dont hate those chairs, but a couch is more versatile and can be used as a sea birth.

Birth all the babies you want on the setee...but having a proper chair all to yourself works for catnaps offwatch AND some semblance of space while entertaining.

I get the Princess Barbara chairs.

Birth all the babies you want on the setee...but having a proper chair all to yourself works for catnaps offwatch AND some semblance of space while entertaining.

I get the Princess Barbara chairs.

So, does this mean you give a fuck about chairs? :P

This kind of thing.

attachicon.gif4042055_20131104023822205_1_XLARGE.jpg

Here's the boat I was describing. Looks like that chessboard is removable. It also looks in the way to me.

MVC-006F_zpsc754bc46.jpg

kdh:

That is essentially the arrangement we will have in CATARI. The exact chair details are still being worked on with a furniture maker.

No, Mr. Lucky is not John Lee Hooker. Isn't he dead? I played bass with him when he was in Seattle for a concert. Probably the highlight of my musical career.

Here is a little something for your soul on a Sunday morning:

kdh:

That is essentially the arrangement we will have in CATARI. The exact chair details are still being worked on with a furniture maker.

No, Mr. Lucky is not John Lee Hooker. Isn't he dead? I played bass with him when he was in Seattle for a concert. Probably the highlight of my musical career.

Here is a little something for your soul on a Sunday morning:

I was a fan of Son House

This kind of thing.

attachicon.gif4042055_20131104023822205_1_XLARGE.jpg

Here's the boat I was describing. Looks like that chessboard is removable. It also looks in the way to me.

MVC-006F_zpsc754bc46.jpg

Looks like the board is set wrong, player's lower right square should be white.

Oh well, a bargaining chip if the boat comes to market.

Joli:

Yes, I did. He showed up for a Seattle concert without a band. The promoter called me and asked if I would play bass for John Lee. Of course I said yes. The promoter asked me to find a drummer. I called my band's drummer Marty and Marty was up for it. I went to the auditorium and set up my stuff. No drummer! I went out to the loading dock and Marty drove up with his drums. He rolled down the window to his bus and asked ,'"How much are we getting paid?" My promoter friend told me, "Nothing". Fine. I went back and told Marty that were were not getting paid and he rolled up his window and drove away. But we found a drummer willing to play from another band on the ticket. He was very good.

John Lee's hard to play with. He doesn't play the typical blues turn around.. He just hangs on the root. And if by chance you made that change he would shoot daggers at you. It was a reflex to play the change but I got over it. I wish I had a photo today. Stupid Marty.

Here is a sail plan for you Dog.

It Searinisailplanpublic_zps660a676b.jpgwas called to my attention that this sail plan is not the most current. That is correct. But, in fact it is so close the the current sail plan I doubt even a trained eye could spot the change. It's very small. So here it is. Enjoy.

Joli:

Yes, I did. He showed up for a Seattle concert without a band. The promoter called me and asked if I would play bass for John Lee. Of course I said yes. The promoter asked me to find a drummer. I called my band's drummer Marty and Marty was up for it. I went to the auditorium and set up my stuff. No drummer! I went out to the loading dock and Marty drove up with his drums. He rolled down the window to his bus and asked ,'"How much are we getting paid?" My promoter friend told me, "Nothing". Fine. I went back and told Marty that were were not getting paid and he rolled up his window and drove away. But we found a drummer willing to play from another band on the ticket. He was very good.

John Lee's hard to play with. He doesn't play the typical blues turn around.. He just hangs on the root. And if by chance you made that change he would shoot daggers at you. It was a reflex to play the change but I got over it. I wish I had a photo today. Stupid Marty.

I think that was John Lee's routine, similar to Chuck Berry. My older brother and his band did just as you did in Detroit at the Grande in 68- had the same complaint about the changes. Just listen to the original version of "I Cover the Waterfront" among others and you can hear him do the same thing in the studio. I have old vinyl I should drag out of Hooker live (way before Hooker n' Heat). My memory says there is one song with no changes where he keeps chanting something like "it don't matter, just get that beat" And of course the bubbles in "I'm bad like Jesse James".

One of the greats.

Joli:

What is it with stars that come to play and expect everybody to know exactly what they will do with no prior notice. I majored in theater in college and we had a lot of bus and truck shows come to our facility. I would often operate the lights for these shows, if I was lucky I would get a 3 minute rundown on the essential cues, blah, blah, blah, do this here, do that there, got it? Yeah sure, I got it, I have never heard of your obscure modern dance company nor have I ever heard of the obscure music but I'll figure it out, don't worry. I got screamed at over the headset by Buddy Rich's road manager when I pointed a follow spot at "the star" during his first solo. The manager yelled "Get that spot off of the star right now or he's walking out". Sheesh, it is kind of common to point the spot at the star of the show absent any other instructions, and Buddy Rich had an ego bigger than most. You'd think they might mention that Buddy didn't like the light on him.

Soaker:

It's a bit different withe a blues musician. In order to qualify as "the blues" by definition it will almost always be a three chord "turnaround". It's not hard and personally I find it a bit boring for the bass. But John Lee's signature sound was that he just hung on the root chord for almost every tune. I think in some cases they "tarted" it up a bit to make it sound more commercial. But left on his own he just rode that root chord. It's kind of like sailing a boat with lee helm. All your steering instincts are reversed. Every bone in you wants to make that change to the 4 or 5 chord but not with John Lee. It took me a couple tunes and a few gentle but dirty looks to learn my lesson.

John Lee strutted about the stage wearing a woolen Russian fur hat and smoking his pipe. He was totally in command. I enjoyed the hell out of that hour. If I could go back and re-live any gig I have ever played it would be that one.

Tuckster:

John Lee does a duet with Van Morrison on I COVER THE WATERFRONT that is very, very good. Van tries really hard to out "down and dirty" John Lee.

John, " I smoked 40 cigarettes"

Van, " I smoked 42."

Soaker:

It's a bit different withe a blues musician. In order to qualify as "the blues" by definition it will almost always be a three chord "turnaround". It's not hard and personally I find it a bit boring for the bass. But John Lee's signature sound was that he just hung on the root chord for almost every tune. I think in some cases they "tarted" it up a bit to make it sound more commercial. But left on his own he just rode that root chord. It's kind of like sailing a boat with lee helm. All your steering instincts are reversed. Every bone in you wants to make that change to the 4 or 5 chord but not with John Lee. It took me a couple tunes and a few gentle but dirty looks to learn my lesson.

John Lee strutted about the stage wearing a woolen Russian fur hat and smoking his pipe. He was totally in command. I enjoyed the hell out of that hour. If I could go back and re-live any gig I have ever played it would be that one.

Tuckster:

John Lee does a duet with Van Morrison on I COVER THE WATERFRONT that is very, very good. Van tries really hard to out "down and dirty" John Lee.

John, " I smoked 40 cigarettes"

Van, " I smoked 42."

Sitting in with THE John Lee Hooker must have been a memorable experience. I wonder if Marty the drummer is kicking himself for turning down the gig. I got to meet some pretty famous folks in my college days, some of them were really cool, a lot of them were complete assholes, like Buddy. I guess life on the road pretty much sucks so I wasn't too upset about it, but still... Did you get to talk at all with Mr. Hooker? (I would call him Mr. Hooker until he told me to do otherwise).

Soaker:

My dear old Dad took me to see Buddy Rich at the Sydney something Grounds when I was about 11 years old. I remember being fascinated by a drunk on the tram. My dear old Dad was a great musician. He took me to see Louis Armstrong at the same venue. Given the economic level of our family it must have been a stretch for Dad but he thought enough of the experience to drag me along with him. Thanks Dad.

Marty is still a pro drummer and I have played with him several times over the years. He is very good and doubt if he even remembers the incident.

I only hear from Marty now when he wants to put down that he applied for a job with me when he is applying for unemployment insurance. The last time he asked I told him to take a hike.

Don't recall talking to John Lee. I do remember being talked to by John Lee. He was very nice and very professional.

Bob, now that this thread is officially off topic, I wanted let you know about a guy named Bob Culbertson I heard up in Vancouver after leaving your place. He was playing on the street in the Granville Isle tourist district and was just floored at the sounds he was getting from this weird guitar called a 'Chapman Stick'. Since you are talking about blues guitar, here is a link to some blues on the Chapman Stick.

Thought you might like this stuff. Here is a link to another master of the finger tap Chapman Stick. Click on the sample at the top 'One Cloud' and the whole album will play through.

Rasp

BTW, I sent you that whole album from the Rob Martino site as a gift. You should get an email and a link for a digital download.

https://robmartino.bandcamp.com/

Sounds like it belongs on a Mark Knopfler album!

Check the guy from the link I just sent Bob. I keep thinking of Kaki King when I heard the Chapman Stick.

I didn't know Kaki was into the lap steel guitar. I chose that one just for the title. Maybe Kaki will take up the Chapman Stick!

That is just plain scary. People should not be allowed to be that talented. I'm still working on I WALK THE LINE.

Received the gift Rasper. Many thanks. This opens up a whole area where I can feel intimidated and inadequate. Thanks.

Pretty awesome soundtrack for the drizzly Squishicane Ana afternoon. Makes me want to go burn my basses. Or practice. Thanks guys.

I think one has to mention local boy Tony Levin when mentioning the Chapman Stick. Did anyone see the King Crimson show this fall? They're better than they've ever been, which is saying a lot. Of course, you have to like their style of music.

115.jpg

SailAR:

Yes, a centerboard was discussed in the very early stages of the design but I felt I could achieve my performance and stability goals without the complexity of a centerboard. A number of draft options were run through the VPP process.

Did I read it correctly on the Icon posts that she has a lifting bulb keel? But when I looked at the photos of the interior I dont see a space where the keel intrudes into the main cabin. How was that accomplished?

Did I read it correctly on the Icon posts that she has a lifting bulb keel? But when I looked at the photos of the interior I dont see a space where the keel intrudes into the main cabin. How was that accomplished?

Magic.