• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Bump-n-Grind

what are you listening to right now ... part trois

594 posts in this topic

Back in 1962 The Wailers recorded a live album at the Spanish Castle, a teen venue 20 miles south of Seattle. I was lucky to get in that night and was there for this. Gail Harris was only 15 at the time, amazing.

Jimi Hendrix wrote a song about this place, Spanish Castle Magic. He would play there when he was young trying to sit in with the bands.

Breaking Winds Bassoon Quartet
After watching this, you'll never think of bassoon music in the same light again!

A little different genre, but I just listened to this and found it pretty good.

This Thursday night, I'll be listening to Steve Earle and the Dukes. Live. Damn straight.

saw these fuckers in B'more last weekend...

still put on a fun show.

saw these fuckers in B'more last weekend...

still put on a fun show.

thoise biches cane singe!!!

Edgar Meyer is a BEAST on BASS

Ah a The Church fan. Here's a better youtube version. You can even see the Milky Way down here.

And some more Aussie stuff.

This Thursday night, I'll be listening to Steve Earle and the Dukes. Live. Damn straight.

Just a follow up to this. I did not know a whole lot about Steve Earle before this show, but now I can highly recommend going to see him play if he is nearby. Very entertaining, with a wide range of material covered. He played his big country hit very early, to clear out those who were there for the one hit wonder, and then said "you folks on probation or house arrest can go now, and probably get home before your ankle bracelet goes off. The rest of us can stay a while, for some music." Lots of good old Texas blues, a ripping version of "Hey Joe" to close, and several encores, wrapped up by "Wild Thing". Most entertaining; highly recommend.

Joe Yamanaka who was a Japanese singer and actor. Yamanaka was known for both his work with the Flower Travellin' Band, and as a solo musician. Yamanaka also sang with The Wailers after Bob Marley died. Yamanaka was able to sing at a vocal range of three octaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_Travellin%27_Band

http://www.joe-yamanaka.com

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hSwbJetDmac/T7O0anYOnsI/AAAAAAAA1-o/hjFjuy0raEA/s1600/Joe+Yamanaka.jpg

Oscar petersen quartet. Night child. With joe pass, nhop, louis bellson. Vinyl through a mcintosh mc240 and modfied klipsch chorus 2.

Doesnt suck.

Oscar petersen quartet. Night child. With joe pass, nhop, louis bellson. Vinyl through a mcintosh mc240 and modfied klipsch chorus 2.

Doesnt suck.

Droooool.

I so miss my Cornwalls.....idiot for selling them.

WTF am I doing wrong? I click on the share thingy and insert it here but it shows just as a link. WTF?

And that's a good one.

:)

Doesnt suck.

Droooool.

I so miss my Cornwalls.....idiot for selling them.

I bet you miss them like I miss my fisher 400. I was also an idiot. But after dicking around with various small speakers and subwoofers I finally just went big and now theres no going back.

A couple of times today I've listened to this video by "Young Pappy." I really like the music, it reminds me of something right out of a spooky movie from when I was a kid.

However, the lyrics need to go: “Gotta a whole lotta shooters on the squad, gotta squad for the shooters. … If I catch an op, I’m smokin’ them,” Young Pappy raps. In the video, the 20-year-old also says, “you don’t even know how to shoot.”

Update: "Young Pappy," the featured singer in the video, was shot to death last Friday by members of a rival gang.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-rapper-twice-the-target-of-shootings-gunned-down-in-uptown-20150529-story.html

For any world travelers

Del Shannon - Runaway

This version is from Crime Story, which is one of my favourite TV shows of all time.

Heard this on the radio today and felt like I was going through a time warp....

This has been in my head a lot lately...thinking about being empty nesters in the near future no doubt has something to do with it.

steve earle, lucinda williams see 'em every time you can!

Just a follow up to this. I did not know a whole lot about Steve Earle before this show, but now I can highly recommend going to see him play if he is nearby. Very entertaining, with a wide range of material covered. He played his big country hit very early, to clear out those who were there for the one hit wonder, and then said "you folks on probation or house arrest can go now, and probably get home before your ankle bracelet goes off. The rest of us can stay a while, for some music." Lots of good old Texas blues, a ripping version of "Hey Joe" to close, and several encores, wrapped up by "Wild Thing". Most entertaining; highly recommend.

My trumpet playing 17-year-old son turned me on to this. Pretty great stuff!

This thread is to good to die.

Cedell Davis

Mississippi Bluesman born with polio. Butter Knife slide 'over the top'

Then he gets trampled in a night club riot on stage while playing and gets all broke up but that doesn't stop him. Too bad he can't tell when he is out of tune though...

crop_630.jpg

https://youtu.be/jSRdQgidCHY?t=660

Went to see these guys in Glasgow last Tuesday night...

they opened with this. I've seen CSN, CSNY, and their solos shows upwards of 60 some times.

Dont know if it was the acoustics of the Royal Concert Hall or the effort the sound guys put in pre-show or what

but it was far and away the best show, best sound, best this, best that ... i've been to since the first time I saw them in the early 70's. Even Steven's voice was under control. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes brought tears to me eyes.

i've been scanning youtube looking for versions that match what we saw last week... hard pressed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9gLjEGJrw&list=RDBw9gLjEGJrw#t=16

Always wished they used David Crosby's schooner (Mayan) in Southern Cross video.... far more "in the spirit".

I was born and raised in Philadelphia so have questionable taste in music. I actually have this on a cassette tape and actual vinyl disk.

You lot of dirty Hippies (-:

This is simply beautiful hobot, I suspect that Biafra might find this entertaining as well (-:

Dick Cheese is also an excellent name.

Jello's cameo on Portlandia, best thing he's done in awhile,

Another DK cover;

Really like his early stuff. Saw him several times in a small 200 seat venue in Seattle. Always got seat just a few feet away. Don't think he performs anymore.

He was the reason for me to take up the guitar.

Really like his early stuff. Saw him several times in a small 200 seat venue in Seattle. Always got seat just a few feet away. Don't think he performs anymore.

He was the reason for me to take up the guitar.

Nice guitar - very emotive.

Gearing up for the Random PicThread, listening to some more Richard Cheese!

Michael Hedges, HELL YES. Fortunate to see him several times, always a treat.

RIP Michael.

Apologies if this was posted before, but it's worth a re-watch.... and another... and another....

"ya'll better strap in for this one !"

And yet another......

the fisttime I heared thisse, we weare at my frends granmotheres hous eand prettey fried. I loved it.

Youre laste to chooses weare greate Mr. Hoboto! Keppe it up!!! :)

not much. beside the voices. i mean, the ones inside my head. :P