• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Bump-n-Grind

what are you listening to right now ... part trois

I liked that last one :)

Some more bluesy rootsy stuff from Australia.

The Waifs- Fishermans daughter

These Guys are playing at Melbourne Zoo's twilight concert in January..I'm going!!

He hase a goode sounde, he wille do welle. :)

Thank you. I'm taking him to NYC on Tuesday. He has a lesson with one of the trumpet professors at Julliard. He's hoping to audition there in February.

He hase a goode sounde, he wille do welle. :)

Thank you. I'm taking him to NYC on Tuesday. He has a lesson with one of the trumpet professors at Julliard. He's hoping to audition there in February.

Fantastic! Good luck to him.

Jeebuz Christmas on a bicycle seat Hobot? Were you so hung over yesterday you decided to share with our little Sunday school class? Have you no shame? lol. Friggin' funny. But scary if they weren't joking.

Well, better get track here. Dave Matthews AND Bela Fleck with a Greatful Dead's cover:

https://youtu.be/2ZkTXTh6txA

And this gem:

https://youtu.be/S828_f0-dQI?list=RDS828_f0-dQI

Sorry, I couldn't resist - so good.

Just so its known, I always reserve time on Sunday morn to receive "the Word" from aging white bread rapping Ministers....it so eloquently speaks to me.

Moving on....

Well, everybody needs a hobby I guess and a slow news day huh brother? lol. Sunday was racing in 4 to knots of pressure and a lot current. Didn't get back to the bar until 1430. Segued to the CFL's Grey Cup game quietly getting snozzeled. Crashing at 1730 until I woke up the cat from snoring; he wasn't impressed I think. All & all a busy day!

Lately I have been going back to the music of my youth. The golden age of rock, mid '60s to the early '70s. This is a beautiful song, it almost sounds like a love song rather than the call to revolution it really is. What great lyrics; "All your private property is a target for your enemy and your enemy is we" and " We are the forces of chaos and anarchy, eveverything they say we are, we are. Most people don't even realize they say "Up against the wall motherfucker", I have heard this song uncensored on the radio in the past. Ahh, those were the days. Hard to believe that Jefferson Airplane morphed into the excreble Jefferson Starship. We built this city indeed!

Another tasty tune of theirs on the same album, co-written with David Crosby and Stephen Stills. The Airplane version is so much better in my opinion.

Another tasty tune of theirs on the same album, co-written with David Crosby and Stephen Stills. The Airplane version is so much better in my opinion.

Wooden Ships is one of my all-time favourite tunes, and I agree that the Airplane's version is the best I have heard.

I just went and listened to it on vinyl, just for the hell of it.

Wooden Ships is one of my all-time favourite tunes, and I agree that the Airplane's version is the best I have heard.

Jefferson Airplane just play the hell out of that song. The vocals, the incredible musicianship, that fuzzy guitar.... The CSN and sometimes Y version is like they had no idea what that song was about, just going through the motions.

Jefferson Airplane just play the hell out of that song. The vocals, the incredible musicianship, that fuzzy guitar.... The CSN and sometimes Y version is like they had no idea what that song was about, just going through the motions.

There may be other reasons...

Grace_Slick_2.jpg

Grace_Slick_2.jpg

Grace sure had "it". I just can't help wondering what she was thing with that "Starship" thing though.

Grace_Slick_2.jpg

Grace sure had "it". I just can't help wondering what she was thing with that "Starship" thing though.

Illle tacke Linada anny daye! :)

recently became obsessed with this band. Just... cool interesting music.

the keyboard solo in this video simultaneously makes me laugh at the bizzarness, and shake my head at its awesomeness. Brings a smile to my face every time it comes up on my ipod.

Grace_Slick_2.jpg

Illle tacke Linada anny daye! :)

I think Linda was the kind of girl you would take home to mom, Grace was the kind of girl you would furiously fuck in the back of your VW flower power van after sharing a bottle Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and a joint or two.

q0quj6nydnu4fbyyzjry.jpgcb7929c3c8cdf66a72c7a6ac40298a18.jpg

Usually don't like covers, but this is phenomenal.....

[sound of silence disturbed]

wasnt sure i was going to like that at first, but a pretty damn good rendition once i got into it.

wasnt sure i was going to like that at first, but a pretty damn good rendition once i got into it.

Not bad. They vocalized the anger that was written in to the song but Simon and Garfunkel were too polite to sing it.

Speaking of Simon and Garfunkel, one of my favorite love songs of all time.

"And when I woke and felt you warm and near, I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears."

Yeah, I am an old burned out cynic but deep in my scarred heart I am still a romantic.

recently became obsessed with this band. Just... cool interesting music.

the keyboard solo in this video simultaneously makes me laugh at the bizzarness, and shake my head at its awesomeness. Brings a smile to my face every time it comes up on my ipod.

Thanks for that mustang_1. Hadn't heard of them - me like! As the our newspaper, Vancouver Sun, put it so succinctly:

"Blending shape-shifting melodies built on a variety of instruments including guitar, keys, horns, strings and percussion, and incorporating elements of fusion jazz, R&B, rock, funk, and hip-hop, Snarky Puppy made their first statement with their 2006 album The Only Constant."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Jazz+fest+preview+Snarky+Puppy+bite/11151471/story.html#ixzz3uVXG54cr

I've never been a huge full on Jazz fan. I find a lot of Jazz a little, well, pretentious maybe? But this is something different, good, new and fresh (for me anyway). I'll definitely go through all of it.

Cheers

Cheers Maxx. I've always liked jazz to a point, but it wasn't until the past couple of years between pandora and youtube that i've really been able to explore it. These guys got shared on facebook and i went and bought three of their albums later that day. They're an interesting mix of classic/traditional jazz, acid jazz, and then a whole host of modern sounds like dub-step and whatever the hell else is being thrown in there.

Not bad. They vocalized the anger that was written in to the song but Simon and Garfunkel were too polite to sing it.

Adgreede, unleeshte angere within. My onley probem wase tht I kepte thicking it wase Howie Mandelle lippsincing. :)

Adgreede, unleeshte angere within. My onley probem wase tht I kepte thicking it wase Howie Mandelle lippsincing. :)

agreed soak-ed.

snaggy. what?

This is my son on trumpet and our friend, Gary, on piano. He has been practicing this incessantly for the past few months...and we get to listen!

Any update on the audition?

Lots of bowie

This is my son on trumpet and our friend, Gary, on piano. He has been practicing this incessantly for the past few months...and we get to listen!

Nothing yet. National Youth Orchestra will notify him in February if he's in.

On Saturday, he played at the Alamodome with the 2016 U.S. Army All-American Marching Band...

Nothing yet. National Youth Orchestra will notify him in February if he's in.

On Saturday, he played at the Alamodome with the 2016 U.S. Army All-American Marching Band...

Thats impressive, it was all I could do to keep step when playing and marching.