Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

edouard

Rolex Wild Oats XI

I wonder how many people could tell the new transom from the old transom....

The runners didn't attach to the old transom, had it been extended previously?

Did the old transom have a hole for the insertion of Comanche's prod?

It had two, the new one has only one

Who's playing recycled MAXI's with the old bulb, transom, sails & bow now that SYD has a new boat & wharrington isn't on the scene.

Transom was extended when Hobart max changed from 30m to 100 feet.

Ha, ha. That is funny. Explains why she's so narrow I guess.

I mean that 1.6 feet made all the difference.

Who's playing recycled MAXI's with the old bulb, transom, sails & bow now that SYD has a new boat & wharrington isn't on the scene.

What; no Wharro? And the Sunfish off the east coast of Aus were all heard to breathe a collective sigh of relief.

What; no Wharro? And the Sunfish off the east coast of Aus were all heard to breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Beaten by a VO70 in 2010

Retired 2011

Not allowed to enter 2012

Raced WT in 2013 & got beaten by two VO70's & 80 BG

Watch Captain on RAGS last year

Im sure he'll pop up shortly on something.

What ever happened to the 80' BG?

It lurks around in New Zealand entering races where there are no other maxis to show her up. As of yesterday she's entered in the Pittwater to Coffs race, where her current closest rivals are a cruising Frers 61, cruiser/racer Farr 55 and a Rogers 46.

They oversold her before she launched. No chance to live up to the hype with the rating band they get put into. I bet it'd be a fantastic RORC 600 ride.

Went down to Woolich yesterday hoping to catch up with Indian. Just missed them however I did happen to see a certain 100'er. Spoke with the owner and skipper and the boat in question will be sailing Saturday. No pics at the request of the owner till later in the week when she's been cleaned up a bit.

Looks good though.

It lurks around in New Zealand entering races where there are no other maxis to show her up. As of yesterday she's entered in the Pittwater to Coffs race, where her current closest rivals are a cruising Frers 61, cruiser/racer Farr 55 and a Rogers 46.

Where does she live. I thought she disappeared after the coastal last year.

I believe BG is going to Coffs this year as the owner will be in the UK for Xmas and will only be back for the Coffs start on the 2nd January.

anyone find it interesting that the new bow is not a high radius design like most new yachts?, but a much more traditional RP sharp entry??

Suspect that unlike the fat boats, the idea is to go straight through the waves. Makes sense with DSS-type foils, which are supposed to even out the ride.

" With a crew of three, the boat popped onto the plane at 8 knots and clocked over 18 knots, fully foiling in 10 knots of true wind. For a ballasted 23ft monohull, that’s extremely respectable, and there is bound to be more to come as the foils are tweaked and refined. "

And the relevance of that is what? Nothing to do with the type of foils used on WOXI.

" With a crew of three, the boat popped onto the plane at 8 knots and clocked over 18 knots, fully foiling in 10 knots of true wind. For a ballasted 23ft monohull, that’s extremely respectable, and there is bound to be more to come as the foils are tweaked and refined. "

I requested RP look into the potential to upgrade my ride with DSS...but the license cost was above what I expected (or prepared to pay for zero work) and the terms rather onerous. So that plan died a rather ugly death

. .....FFS!! :lol::lol:

I requested RP look into the potential to upgrade my ride with DSS...but the license cost was above what I expected (or prepared to pay for zero work) and the terms rather onerous. So that plan died a rather ugly death

I think I remember reading Welbourne say regaring the retrofitting of an older IMOCA60, that Retrofitting this to an existing boat would cost in the order of £50,000

Nothing to sneeze at, but neither is 25% more speed

25% here, 20% there, pretty soon woxi will top out at over 100kts...

She'll rise above the water on the foils made of unicorn tails and blind her competition as she shatters the space time continuum.

What the hell do they put in that wine?

" With a crew of three, the boat popped onto the plane at 8 knots and clocked over 18 knots, fully foiling in 10 knots of true wind. For a ballasted 23ft monohull, thats extremely respectable, and there is bound to be more to come as the foils are tweaked and refined. "

I'm sure there's a cheaper way to get the foils but wouldn't be the first thing I'd do with a 36'

So Comanche got beaten last year... So what, ya'all beat yer cocks daily over a zippered up stitch n glue infomercial of a salad tosser and have you all written off your cocks? No no you have not- yer beatin' em like Iraqi prisoners...

Keith Richards cannot be killed-

It's science!

Post of the year so far.

not much cockpit left on oats. wonder how much quicker around the track she is now then esimit europa. what ever happened to that boat?

Owned by a Russian I believe and does the odd race in europe.

Wax on Wax Off.! A little McConaghy Boats Humor.

Full video to come of the re-build.

+1

not much cockpit left on oats. wonder how much quicker around the track she is now then esimit europa. what ever happened to that boat?

Owned by a Russian I believe and does the odd race in europe.
Sanctions against Russia making things difficult to go sailing these days

+1

.......good way t'keep the team in shape :)

When is Oats out for her first foil :) ?

2 days ago. We are waiting for time to catch up with us so we can see it.

Oh great, so now I have to keep track of true wind, apparent wind, and quantum wind.

Oh great, so now I have to keep track of true wind, apparent wind, and quantum wind.

More concerned about the generator that powers the flux capacitor.

12256692_1213829905300689_323395711_n.jp

That cockpit is looking super small. I guess Ricko won't need to shout as much.

They could move Bob's special seat up onto the foredeck. Tons of extra space up there now. :)

They could move Bob's special seat up onto the foredeck. Tons of extra space up there now. :)

looks like he can sit in the bowsprit in a bucket seat from a rally car.

looks like he can sit in the bowsprit in a bucket seat from a rally car.
That would be fun.

Funny little detail where the cockpit side meets the trans-am at the top. It looks like it might be a vent or somefink under there.

...gotta love all the trashtalk when it all comes down to the conditions of the day.

. .....non OD racing as usual. :mellow:

Still very funny couch.. good one.

Funny little detail where the cockpit side meets the trans-am at the top. It looks like it might be a vent or somefink under there.

Do you mean the White outward facing vents (?) just forward of the transom thingies?

+1

.......good way t'keep the team in shape :)

Stay in school kids

Interesting that Nic Douglass had a picture of WOXI on the truck up on Facebook last night and now it is gone.

They must have accelerated to warp speed and are no longer visible in the pic.

MS

Nah mate, they're a North Wind kinda program!

the cockpit side cut away in the back half of cockpit behind wheels. The little cutout is where this started to transition the rest has been cutoff

That will be it. Looks weird now.

can sail on port and stbd at the same time....

Hope they keep the old front - would make a great bar, or you could hang it from a wall like an enormous moose head.

Shouldn't it be XI.iii now??

They could keep the old bow section in case the new one does not make the boat faster. Then put back in the shed and re-install the old one as it appears the old one is still intact!

Even better would be to hang the stern (if they still have it) of one side of the shed and the bow coming out the other...

Very interesting underwater sections up forward now. With all her appendages she reminds me of a guppy...a quite eloooooooongated one, admittedly.

Who designed the mods to the bow? There is something very JuanK Rambler100 about the incorporation of the sprit into the bow. Looks lighter to me than the old one.

Transom immersion looks wrong unless the boat has been made a LOT lighther.

Aside, I was along side Esmit Europa (ex Alfa Romeo) in La Spezia a few days before the RMSR. But was far from being ready to race. Of keel in the hall, small jobs being done.

Is that sprit an appendage or is it a clipper bow. Where does LOA get measured to?

McConaghy know how to finish a boat huh.

can't see her back in the water and sailing Saturday tho unless all those people are there to help

Glad they kept the paint job. Still the best looking supermaxi!

cannot wait to see the new sailplan.

cocko is probably planning extensions to his house

No he would be buying a new one with a bigger garage to go with the new Porsche

I saw her last night sitting on the hard, rigless. With the original bow section sitting next to her. I was busy doing the Greenwich Twilights at the time so no pics, sorry. Should be over there again next Weds night though.

That pic perfectly exemplifies woxi and her fanboys-

And still, no slot visible.

Great Shot..! We could well see a mighty race between Oats and Comanche. Both boats now pitched clearly at being the fastest. This also might show against the other 100's

The re-launch: A bit more substantial than a couple of beers and a sausage roll down at the club, obviously. Congratulations, Team WOXI.

The re-launch: A bit more substantial than a couple of beers and a sausage roll down at the club, obviously. Congratulations, Team WOXI.

....definitely a sausage-fest though :mellow:

More apparent here:

Yeah, you can see the DSS trunk. I guess the rumors about it being gone are classic BS.

More apparent here:

Yeah, you can see the DSS trunk. I guess the rumors about it being gone are classic BS.

Much like your A class thread.

More apparent here:

What were these rumors? I mean, I know there was a rumor about how it's 25% faster which gave me a good laugh, but I never heard anything that might indicate your foil revolution is in jeopardy.