• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

They never sailed two boats (AC72's) at one time And only ever sailed one in either the LV challenger Series or the Americas Cup. So yes, ETNZ were a one boat campaign

^ :lol: In your alternate universe maybe

It's great that ETNZ will benifit from 'one boat testing' again this time too.

Oracle, Artemis, SoftBank and LARBAR have of course been doing this for up to 11 months already - and some fools even began the 'inferior' 2 boat testing recently......

Please let us know when ETNZ launch their own designed and built boat and start their cunning plan.

Seriously I wish ETNZ all the luck in the world, but only you seem to think there's no benefit in the work the others are doing.

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings - but the Kiwis are going to have to be either very lucky or simply brilliant - to come up with a better product with so much less development time.

Oracle, Artemis, SoftBank and LARBAR have of course been doing this for up to 11 months already - and some fools even began the 'inferior' 2 boat testing recently......

Please let us know when ETNZ launch their own designed and built boat and start their cunning plan.

Seriously I wish ETNZ all the luck in the world, but only you seem to think there's no benefit in the work the others are doing.

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings - but the Kiwis are going to have to be either very lucky or simply brilliant - to come up with a better product with so much less development time.

So much less development time? ETNZ have been developing since 2013! By 2017 they would have 4 years of development time, a world champion sailing team over multiple classes and a plethora of great results to call on! Shoebridge, Dalton, Ashby, Burling, they've all said that the design team never really stopped since returning from San Francisco. They've just been doing it away from the cameras. That's what I'm saying. I never said there was "No benefit" to it. There obviously is. But there's also benefit from doing it in OTHER WAYS. Doing it in front of the camera was a major reason they lost last time. Maybe they learned their lesson, but just because we don't SEE anything much happening, doesn't mean there isn't anything happening. And just because we see a lot of (admittedly stunning) videos coming out of the other camps, does not necessarily mean anyone is better or faster or further ahead than anyone else. Who knows, the French may even come up and spoil a few chances (And no one would put it past them given their history of Multihull development).

I don't think it's any secret funding is an issue for ETNZ. I don't think they'll be diverting any funds to fluffy video pieces any more than contractually necessary...

I don't think it's any secret funding is an issue for ETNZ. I don't think they'll be diverting any funds to fluffy video pieces any more than contractually necessary...

I think Clean is wrapping up one at the moment :o:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I, for one, will no longer use the designators interchangeably. It will be America's Cup Class yacht from here on.

So much less development time? ETNZ have been developing since 2013! By 2017 they would have 4 years of development time, a world champion sailing team over multiple classes and a plethora of great results to call on! Shoebridge, Dalton, Ashby, Burling, they've all said that the design team never really stopped since returning from San Francisco. They've just been doing it away from the cameras. That's what I'm saying. I never said there was "No benefit" to it. There obviously is. But there's also benefit from doing it in OTHER WAYS. Doing it in front of the camera was a major reason they lost last time. Maybe they learned their lesson, but just because we don't SEE anything much happening, doesn't mean there isn't anything happening. And just because we see a lot of (admittedly stunning) videos coming out of the other camps, does not necessarily mean anyone is better or faster or further ahead than anyone else. Who knows, the French may even come up and spoil a few chances (And no one would put it past them given their history of Multihull development).

^ This was painful the first 5 times...

Does ETNZ have an boats apart from the LR hand-me-down or not?

Does "away from the cameras" as you use it, mean anything more than 'in their heads', or at most, in their computer?

And if they have no secret armada, does not yet having built, let alone launched or used (in the wrong hemisphere) a first, purpose built, to scale, prototype really equate to nearly a year of hands on experience and data, at the Match venue, with multiple generations of boats - in your perculiar world?

And in your opinion are the others totally blind to the lesson ETNZ learned last time - and stupidly displaying their tech for all to see? Or is it actually that foiling is well and truely out-of-the-bag by now anyway?

But what will ETNZ make of these gifted advances do you think? Is that what they are waiting for? Is there in fact a kiwi third column in Bermuda as we speak? :o

^ This was painful the first 5 times...

Does "away from the cameras" as you use it, mean anything more than 'in their heads', or at most, in their computer?

And if they have no secret armada, does not yet having built, let alone launched or used (in the wrong hemisphere) a first, purpose built, to scale, prototype really equate to nearly a year of hands on experience and data, at the Match venue, with multiple generations of boats - in your perculiar world?

And in your opinion are the others totally blind to the lesson ETNZ learned last time - and stupidly displaying their tech for all to see? Or is it actually that foiling is well and truely out-of-the-bag by now anyway?

But what will ETNZ make of these gifted advances do you think? Is that what they are waiting for? Is there in fact a kiwi third column in Bermuda as we speak? :o

They apparently have one under construction as we speak.

It means not wasting money on feel good videos and spending their limited budget on designing and developing a winning boat. It means less "kissing babies and grandmas and more work"

No one (including you)will know the answer to that question until 2017. Like I said, Oracle had mountains of data from their 2 boat testing last time, and it was almost for nothing.

Again, no one will know. BAR definitely needs the support of the British public (as the Kiwis did last time), so video updates are crucial to that aspect, which is why they will keep bringing out videos, but ETNZ doesn't have any public funding this time, so they have no obligation to keep the NZ public happy. The only thing that NZ fans want to see now is a win in 2017, which is what they are focusing on. Foiling has been out of the bag for a long time now, its only new to the Americas Cup.

But what will ETNZ make of these gifted advances do you think? Is that what they are waiting for? Is there in fact a kiwi third column in Bermuda as we speak?

Does there need to be anyone in Bermuda? Obviously not! Artemis Racing was in San Francisco well before ETNZ last time and look where that got them!

There's always a bigger picture.

Ok, you failed to understand almost every point - carry on mate, all good

Waaaat??? I answered every single one of your questions, I can't help it if you don't like the answers!

It means not wasting money on feel good videos and spending their limited budget on designing and developing a winning boat. It means less "kissing babies and grandmas and more work"

Pleasing sponsors is work.

Umpire Question and Answer #3

Question:

Does an AC45 Yacht or an AC Class Yacht break rule 42 of the World Sailing Racing

Rules of Sailing (America’s Cup Edition) - v2.7 if the wing or any other sail is repeatedly

pulled in and then released?

Answer:

No, an AC45 Yacht or an AC Class Yacht may pull in and release the wing or any other

sail without restriction.

Input Sought On Cross Island Reclaimed Land

March 7, 2016 |

The public is being invited to help shape the future of reclaimed land at Dockyard after its use as an Event Village for the America’s Cup is over.

The West End Development Corporation’s creation of nine acres of reclaimed land, known as Cross Island, is well underway, with seven loads of fill having already been delivered by ship.

Infrastructure and utilities such as power, potable and grey water, lift stations and communications, will soon be put in place after which the area will be prepared for the upcoming America’s Cup 2017 Event Village as an interim use.

Joanna Cranfield, WEDCo’s Business Development Manager, said: “As has been well publicized, the end use for Cross Island was removed and WEDCo must now determine the best use for this area post America’s Cup.

“Approval for the project was first announced in 2009 as part of a public-private partnership. The plan as originally announced included a marina with a mix of approximately 200 slips in a variety of sizes to accommodate both larger and smaller vessels.

“Marine support and club facilities were also to be included, as well as provision for a Marine College to provide the necessary education to Bermudians to enable them to choose a marine career.

“Marine and Ports were also to lease a portion of the new facility, using it to house all of its ferries and tugs.

“It was unfortunate that this plan cannot go ahead as originally planned but we understand and respect the reasons.

“Now we have to look to the future and we hope that as many people as possible attend the public meeting and we look forward to the ideas that they might bring to the table.”

WEDCo will hold the meeting on March 23, from 7pm to 8pm, upstairs at the Clocktower Mall to share further information on Cross Island, its roots and subsequent creation.

http://bernews.com/2016/03/royal-naval-dockyard-cross-island-reclaimed-land/

Beemurder is going to be a fare. Light winds and no real edgy racing. LE disolves the spirit of the AC further.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20160316/NEWS/160319758

Improvements to the Royal Naval Dockyard continue ahead of the America’s Cup with more than $10 million invested into the historic site over two years.

Projects include renovations to the Glassworks building, work on the Sail Loft, the Spar Lane apartments and Prince Alfred Terrace, according to the West End Development Corporation.

“This last year and for the coming year, Wedco will have spent $10m on improving buildings,” chairman Ray Charlton said. “It has been a busy year and it is about to get even busier.”

work on Cross Island was on schedule, with piling in its final phase and the area should be completely finished by the end of June.

Thanks. Still more 'gap' than wall, but steady progress

work on Cross Island was on schedule, with piling in its final phase and the area should be completely finished by the end of June.

apparently....

Question:

Does an AC45 Yacht or an AC Class Yacht break rule 42 of the World Sailing Racing

Rules of Sailing (America’s Cup Edition) - v2.7 if the wing or any other sail is repeatedly

Answer:

No, an AC45 Yacht or an AC Class Yacht may pull in and release the wing or any other

great, an air rowing competition like the windsurfers have devolved into...Better to head off any notion that OR "rowed" their way to a win last cycle.

USD77m being put in by the good people of BDA. Big biccies....

Has that figure been quoted previously as I don't recall an amount of that magnitude in the press for AC35?

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20160322/NEWS25/160329936

That was the figure you came up with, right from the beginning, if you read what Bermuda had commited to - and know how ACDUH operates!!

I certainly posted it - and I think Clean put something up too.

Question:

Answer:

great, an air rowing competition like the windsurfers have devolved into...Better to head off any notion that OR "rowed" their way to a win last cycle.

Easier to pump the wing on an AC45, which race under the same rules - they aren't, so...???

REGATTA DIRECTOR NOTICE #38

Issued 24 March 2016

Re: Bermuda Weather Data

Further to Regatta Director Notice #18, please find below links to weather data regarding Bermuda.

1. Preview of updated AWOS page, including Pearl Island data - http://www.weather.bm/tools/graphics.asp?name=ISLAND_AWOS

2. Pearl Island AWOS JSON feed - http://weather.bm/datafeeds/

3. Graph of Pearl Island data feed - http://www.weather.bm/tools/graphics.asp?name=Pearl%20Island&user=M

I believe this data is publicly and readily available to all Competitors, as allowed

by Protocol Article 40.1(d). For the avoidance of doubt, I approve the data

contained in these specific links as available to all Competitors on a reasonable

commercial basis (as allowed by Protocol Article 40.1(e)).

Iain Murray

Regatta Director

ETNZ has, contrary to opinion on here, been operating from their secret base in Bermuda for some time.

See below testing on JS/ORTUSA collision defense system, which I understand will be licensed to other teams on request.

kwajalein.jpg

smooth wing...

12593552_898620353589968_338743243232930

bag of shi.....

1933342_1007643402606039_885649950780110

wrong heat shrink foil?

hair-dryer happy?

You'd think they could do this decently by now....

^^OR is setup like that much of the time, could there be a reason for it? I never understood why OR wasn't running wing covering as tight as AR or BAR in the images I've seen.

It is the same on both sides from what I've seen. And I mean windward - leeward, not port - starboard.

^^OR is setup like that much of the time, could there be a reason for it? I never understood why OR wasn't running wing covering as tight as AR or BAR in the images I've seen.

No. The trouble with those OTUSA wings is that they are too tight. Over-shrunk - such that 90% of the wing surface bears no resemblance to the carefully calculated curves of the ribs :blink:

Maybe they have an unannounced Walmart sponsorship - and get their wing foil off left over rolls from the meat dept!?

P'raps the ACC wing will be done better.

Maybe my reference to "as tight as" is a wrong description.

It seems that the more "hours" OR puts on the wing, the more defined the wrap on the ribs.

There are a number of "morning" launch shots of OR's wings were they are as smooth as anyone's, but late afternoon every rib is well defined.

AR and BAR's wings always look good.

New ACC wing is much the same...

clik

8f0c9274-f57d-4b4c-b05e-212f53585ae6.jpg

Top isn't too bad - thicker film with the flag and LV added?

Shouldn't have mentioned it probably - don't want to help them out :D

Obviously it's a bit harder to see what's going on with clear wing films like AR's and LARBAR's - but they look perfect smooth in most shots - like here...

clik

12671897_903965889722081_833382683995037

OR, AR and SBTJ are out on the Great Sound right now doing light air runs past the Dockyard Cam.

Looks like OR has their ACC wing up today and has a slight speed advantage in the two runs I watched.

Interesting to watch, too bad you can't zoom in on the boats with the webcam.

Fun fact: Four flaps on BAR's wing, thought that's what you meant by "smooth"

I would have thought that they all use the same industrial shrink wrap. In comparing clear vs. black, it's really hard to notice if the deflection between the ribs is the same or different on AR and BAR's wings versus OR and TJ. It seems in the above photos the yachts with black wings are in much more breeze. One of the above BAR photos is the boat at rest with the crew delightfully chatting away. Notice the photo a few posts back of AR and OR. If you look really closely (it's a high res photo) you'll see there is light refraction on AR's clear wing indicating some "sag", it helps more if you can tilt your (presumably) LCD screen away from you.

I think much more interesting than all that is BAR's significant step up with their aero package versus all of the other teams currently sailing...

I see some slightly differing approaches to the boats at this stage, but other than BAR already "closing the gap" with a deck sweeping wing, and the five boats in Bermuda incorporating a pod and "nose" instead of a spar for the jib, there really isn't much we haven't seen before. OR and AR both had deck sweeping wings on the 72's so they must have a reason for not sealing that gap yet. I am surprised that BAR hasn't done something with the sprit and created a more fluid structure like the "nose" the boats in Bermuda sport.

I don't think we will see much in the way of new aero design components until they get closer to the final designs.

^ Surfaces are controlled by the rule. The number of flaps is specified (LARBAR won't have 4 on their ACC boat), but materials?

REGATTA DIRECTOR NOTICE #40

Issued 07 April 2016

Re: Confirmation of Officials

Note: Regatta Director Notice #1 is deleted and is replaced by this notice.

Pursuant to Protocol article 6.2, upon receiving approval from the Competitors, I

confirm the following Regatta Officials are:

(a) Measurement Committee

• Ken McAlpine, Chief Measurer
• Russell Bowler
• Steve Killing
• Carlos de Beltran Gutierrez

(b] Umpires / Jury

• Richard Slater, Chief Umpire
• Miguel Allen
• Brad Dellenbaugh, Jury Chairman
• Craig Mitchell
• Alfredo Ricci

Iain Murray
Regatta Director

So it's finally time for Auckland to be reinstated :D No more excuses!

AMENDMENT 08

OF THE WORLD SAILING RACING RULES OF SAILING (AMERICA’S CUP EDITION)

In accordance with Racing Rule 86.1 the following is a proposed amendment to the World Sailing

Racing Rules of Sailing (America’s Cup Edition) v2.7.

Deletions to the rule are marked with a strikethrough such as this, and additions to the rule are

marked with an underline such as this.

The proposed amendments are as follows:

1. Definition - Obstruction

Obstruction An object that a yacht could not pass without changing course substantially, if she

were sailing directly towards it and one of her hull lengths from it. An object that can be safely

passed on only one side, boundaries and any area so designated by the sailing instructions are

also obstructions. However, a yacht racing is not an obstruction to other yachts unless they are

required to; keep clear of her or, if rule 23 applies, avoid her.

(a) keep clear of her and they are not approaching the starting line to start; or,

(b] avoid her under rule 23.

THESE AMENDMENTS AGREED AND ACCEPTED on April 7, 2016:

AMENDMENT 10 A

OF THE PROTOCOL GOVERNING THE 35TH AMERICA’S CUP

BETWEEN

1. The Golden Gate Yacht Club (“GGYC”)

2. Kungliga Svenska Segel Sällskapet (“KSSS”)

3. Royal Yacht Squadron Racing Limited (“RYSR”)

4. Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron Inc. (“RNZYS”)

5. Yacht Club de France (“YCF”)

6. Kansai Yacht Club (“KYC”)

BACKGROUND

A. GGYC and Hamilton Island Yacht Club entered into the Protocol Governing the 35th America’s

Cup dated June 2, 2014 (the “Protocol”).

B. KSSS, RNZYS, RYSR, YCF and KYC have all submitted Notices of Challenge under Article 16

of the Protocol that have been accepted by GGYC.

C. As per Protocol Article 1.1(p-bis) and 16.4-bis(b], the Challenger Committee voting process is

determined by a simple majority vote with all of the Challengers entitled to one (1) vote.

D. In accordance with Article 20.1 of the Protocol, GGYC and the Challenger Committee have

agreed to amend Article 32 of the Protocol as set forth below and with effect from the date

hereof. Deletions to the Protocol are marked with a strikethrough such as this, and additions to

the Protocol are marked with an underline such as this.

E. The provisions of the Protocol shall remain in full force and effect, save as expressly amended

AGREED AMENDMENT TO THE PROTOCOL as follows:

1. ARTICLE 32

Article 32 shall be amended as follows:

“WIND LIMITS

Unless the Regatta Director considers conditions too rough in any case, all races for all AC

Class Yachts
Events shall be started when the approximate average true wind speed is

between six (6) and twenty-five (25) knots and all races for AC45 Class Yachts shall be started

when the approximate average true wind speed is between five (5) and twenty-five (25) knots.

The wind speed shall be
measured as a rolling (box car) average of one hertz samples over 60

seconds using a Gill Windsonic on the race committee signal boat at approximately five and a

half (5.5) meters above the water.”

AMENDMENT 10 B

OF THE PROTOCOL GOVERNING THE 35TH AMERICA’S CUP

etc etc....

AGREED AMENDMENT TO THE PROTOCOL as follows:

1. ARTICLE 31.4

Article 31.4 shall be amended as follows:

“Course Areas: By February 15, 2015April 15, 2015, the Commercial Commissioner, in

consultation with the Regatta Director, shall announce the Course Areas for each of the

America’s Cup Qualifiers, the America’s Cup Challenger Playoffs and the Match. Subject

always to Article 31.3, the Course Areas shall comprise windward and leeward racing, except

that the first leg of each race which shall (and the last leg may) be a reaching leg. Once

announced, the Commercial Commissioner may subsequently amend the Course Areas

following consultation with the Regatta Director and with the approval of GGYC and the

Challenger of Committee, provided always that the Course Areas for the Finals of the

America’s Cup Challenger Playoffs shall be the same as the Course Areas for the Match.”

Why are they making amendments a year after the fact - or did they fuck the dates up yet again?? April 15th 2016?

Or was it these 2015 dates, that brought the Auckland issue to a head?

'Challenger of Committee' ?? COCup :D

After watching one too many competitor produced puff videos of the 45 T's reaching around the Great Sound on foils, I find that I really miss John Navas' SF videos, showing what is REALLY going on. For instance, how close are they getting to foiling tacks?!

I did not see it myself, ( so could be total BS ) but someone said they saw Artemis pull one off while training on Saturday... I was not watching that closely as were racing our own boat. Great day for them, a nice breeze, 13-15 maybe, flat water.

^^ Recent, from a 'neutral observer'....

b1aeeecb-74f8-40d3-9f0e-b83e6f7c3df0.jpg

Friday 22 April 2016 All three Bermuda-based teams training off the North Shore
Photo: Jack Griffin

I visited SoftBank Team Japan last Friday and got to spend the afternoon on their chase boat.

....... more here http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5b22acb550cbb7053ea617522&id=d37a22b76b&e=4091af16a8

On the water I saw all three Bermuda based teams out on the water - SoftBank Team Japan, Artemis Racing and, with two boats, Oracle. Looking for long stretches of open water, all four boats headed out of the Great Sound and did several straightline speed runs off Bermuda's beautiful north shore. No one looked noticeably faster than the others. AC35 will be hard fought and every team is likely to be strong and competitive. SoftBank Team Japan did a few well-executed foiling gybes, but that is to be expected, given that Dean mastered that maneuver long before any of the other helmsmen. Of course, the other teams were also smooth in their maneuvers, but no one should think of SoftBank Team Japan as a "new crew." A new team, yes, but one with lots of experience and strength.

--

Meet The Design Director For ACEA: Lyn Winford

May 5, 2016 | 7 Comments

Lyn Winford is Design Director for Americas Cup Event Authority [ACEA], and is a major part of the design team that creates all the artwork for the Americas Cup including decals on the boats, banners in the event villages around the world, the Americas Cup Endeavour Program logo and sails and much more. Her role includes layout/design, art direction, design approvals, planning of creative projects and more.

http://bernews.com/2016/05/meet-the-design-director-for-acea-lyn-winford/

Umpire Question and Answer #4

Yacht A is penalized for a part 2 infringement against Yacht B (rule 44.2(b]). Before

completing the penalty, Yacht A tacks and is penalized as described in rule 44.4(d).

Question:

What penalty is Yacht A required to take?

Answer:

Yacht A must take two consecutive penalties as described in 44.2(b]) relative to Yacht B.

This means she is required to be 4 hull-lengths behind Yacht B.

Umpire Question and Answer #5 - with diagram... https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDoxODQ4ZGViNWViODYyNzI1

Umpire Question and Answer #6 here - with diagram... https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDo1MjBlMmMwYmVlMzkxZTM4

Umpire Question and Answer #7

Question:

In a Louis Vuitton America's Cup World Series Regatta, up until what time may a team

provide support to their yacht?

Answer:

An AC45 Yacht would break rule 41 if it received outside assistance while racing (from the

2 minute Preparatory signal).

Additionally, a team support boat is required to comply with instructions from the Course

Marshal (rule 87.1). This may include instructions to clear the racing area prior to the

preparatory signal.

Umpire call 03 - with diagram... https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDo3NzdkNDhmMmJiODM2ZThi

AMENDMENT 09 OF THE WORLD SAILING RACING RULES OF SAILING (AMERICA’S CUP EDITION) VERSION 2.8

(changes due to ISAF=World Sailing, World Sailing Review, & to include the Schedules that follow)

https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDo2MTE1M2UyNDUwOWEwNmI1

WORLD SAILING RACING RULES of SAILING AMERICA’S CUP EDITION

SCHEDULES for the 35th America’s Cup Dated: May 5, 2016 (elegibility/nationality/doping/disciplinary procedures etc)

https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDozMGM0OTIzYTY4OTA0NjNl

Unique America’s Cup showcase at Dockyard event May 31, 2016

Teams-BDA-300x169.jpg

America’s Cup teams will take centre stage on June 25, 2016 at the Royal Naval Dockyard when America’s Cup Bermuda (ACBDA), in conjunction with WEDCO, host “Foil Fest 2016”, featuring Artemis Racing, ORACLE TEAM USA (OTUSA) and SoftBank Team Japan.

As an exclusive event for Bermuda, Foil Fest presents a unique opportunity for the public to witness the incredible speed and technology of the hydrofoiling catamarans, as well as tour the Dockyard bases of OTUSA and Team Japan. Artemis Racing will also have a public presence at the event.

transport doubts being expressed... http://www.royalgazette.com/letters-to-the-editor/article/20160531/good-luck-with-americas-cup-transport

3, There are a limited number of buses, ferries and taxis to transport 20,000 people

4, There is one narrow road out of Dockyard and Somerset, so, again, assuming half travel by boat and half by road, one still has to get some 10,000 people in and out of Somerset by road

Well I am sure there will be many tour operators leaving from Hamilton, which is in the middle of the Island. They will likely charter a few more ferry boats, and I think they are likely to charter a few more cruise ships, which will already be on the race course. It will be crowded, and somewhat hectic, but it will be fun to see the AC take over a venue..

Coming from Jack Griffin letter today: do you know what T is the fastest now in Bermuda ? Team Japan seems to be ahead of the others now.

If you aren't getting Jack's updates and access to his vast library of information, you are missing out. Great stuff Jack. Keep it up.

Carbonator - clean up needed in aisle three...

Brace yourselves everyone!

Coming from Jack Griffin letter today: do you know what T is the fastest now in Bermuda ? Team Japan seems to be ahead of the others now.

If you aren't getting Jack's updates and access to his vast library of information, you are missing out. Great stuff Jack. Keep it up.

Often just a rehash of what's been posted here, but he does get to talk to the odd team member or administrator which can be interesting

The last one was a bit dodgy though...

He stated...

Purple wins the AC Qualifiers and will start the America's Cup Match on June 17 with a one point lead. How can that be? Well, as winner of the AC World Series, Purple carried two bonus points into the AC Qualifiers, so they finish the Qualifiers equal on points with Orange, tied at 10 each. How do you break ties? By looking at the AC World Series final standings, where Purple finished ahead of Orange. So Purple wins the AC Qualifiers and will start the America's Cup Match with a one point lead. It could happen.

But the winner of the Qualifiers has to then win both their semi-final (first to five wins) and the final (first to five wins) of the 'Challenger Playoffs' before they get anywhere near the AC Match!?

REGATTA DIRECTOR NOTICE #48

Issued 1 June 2016

Re: Bermuda Weather Data

https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDo0MDBkMjBjOWU1MTQzMDRm

Some points of note:

• The wind distribution graph reveals a dominant SW direction for the

months of May & June

• The median wind speed is 11 knots in May and 9 knots in June

• The probability of experiencing gusts (mean speed greater than 9 knots,

and gust at least 10 knots greater than the mean speed) is 11% in May and

12% in June

• Probability of experiencing wind less than 6 knots is 20% in May and 23%

in June

• Probability of experiencing wind greater than 25 knots is 1.7% in May and

0.6% in June

• A graph of diurnal variation of hourly wind speed compared to the daily

wind speed is included

• Statistics for temperature and precipitation have been included

^ No - definitely not

That's on Jimmy's boat ;)

It's no biggy either way but if you 'click for big' then it sure looks to me like an AC50 wing.

We're into June already. The most-advanced T's that we do see are all far down the progression path with the end of December being the earliest-allowable AC50 launch date.

Yeah that's the ACC profile alright.

Clearly there are very different takes on internal structure of the trailing elements - which may in turn have to do with the different teams ideas on coverings..

13308646_1055667367803642_30206918380708

Pretty cool. I sure wish Bermuda was a much shorter flight from the US left coast, SF was 90-minutes excellent.

SF kicked your hero's into touch for real estate fraud, malfeasance and probably cheating on several different levels..

As for shorter flights, at different times you have told us you were going to Cascais, Plymouth although you thought it was Portsmouth, New York and Chicago, thankfully neither you or clean could make the trip..

Have fun in front of your big screen...

Never mentioned going to NYC or CHI that I can recall, you're likely still just trying to put words into my mouth instead of posting your own ideas. Lighten up.

The Bermuda event posted above looks cool enough, small crowds, no accommodations crush, get to witness the latest T's, probably an idyllic scene in many ways. I just wish it were closer to me, shrug. Yes, a 90-minute flight to SF would be a much bigger temptation.

Cross Island ripe for ‘out of the box’ ideas http://www.royalgazette.com/environment/article/20160617/cross-island-ripe-for-out-of-box-ideas

Nine acres of reclaimed land at the Royal Naval Dockyard presents an enormous opportunity for generating “out of the box” and dynamic ideas for its future use, according to ACBDA boss Mike Winfield.

Mr Winfield, the ACBDA’s CEO, was one of the stakeholders invited to be part of the consultation process over the use of Cross Island, at the Royal Naval Dockyard.

It was the first of a series of meetings organised by the Cross Island Legacy Committee, set up to help drive public input and help create a legacy with lasting economic, social and cultural benefits.

Some interesting recent Protocol amendments...

Wind limits for AC45 racing removed and decision to race given to Regatta Director
Container limits for ACWS increased by 1.
Confidentiality regarding Arbitration Panel disputes

the full text is missing, but the Protocol including this amendment is here https://docs.google.com/a/acracemgt.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=YWNyYWNlbWd0LmNvbXxub3RpY2Vib2FyZHxneDo2M2U4Yzk2OTY3OGI5NmFi

My understanding, from an Airbus-guy interview somewhere, was that Airbus is paying for branding on the TJ boat but that their technical assistance team is devoted exclusively to Oracle.

Another article had a US-based Airbus exec (they have a big operation in Alabama) pleased about their visibility in Chicago, the headquarters of Boeing.

^^ So, a defender sponsor gives money to one of their challenger...

Tinfoil hatters like nav see vast conspiracies being involved, vote-buying corruption and so forth, but I've seen little evidence of that and articles do suggest it's more just branding and signage given to TJ than the super-computer data analysis help being given to Oracle - that collaboration having been described in some detail in articles and videos by Team Oracle and by Airbus.

TJ did get an entry assist but is LE really going to break with the approach he has always had, and help anyone to defeat him? Highly unlikely based on his history; that he didn't save ML, or save Hamilton Island, are prime examples. They had to put up or shut up, TJ is likely in the same water.

If it wasn't obvious to you at the time that TJ is a wholly invented and supported Oracle spin-off, to give the extra vote needed to overthrow the AC62 rule - you are dumber than you look.

It was justified of course by all the extra teams that entred after the massive cost reduction - so losing LR was of no consequence in the big picture.

Carry on polishing it though....