Sign in to follow this  
pugwashcymru

Police Perspective

For all you cop critics out there, maybe been picked up for speeding, maybe for D&D or DUI or substance abuse...

Verbatim as posted by

Jason Ramos. New York, NY

" Today I had to say bye to my father. he was their for me everyday of my life, he was the best father I could ask for. It's horrible that someone gets shot dead for being a police officer. Everyone says they hate cops but they are the people that they call for help. I will always love you and I will never forget you.

RIP Dad."

Cops, Firemen servicemen and teachers, automatically get the nod of respect from me, unless I'm otherwise shown.

^Four^ of the most thankless jobs in the country....

Cops, Firemen servicemen and teachers, automatically get the nod of respect from me, unless I'm otherwise shown.

Pretty much, I feel that way about every occupation.

In our world of free will, most folks go into a career by choice. I am very Hapoy so many jobs I woujdvoersonalky suffer through are chosen by those who want those jobs.

Example: I actually enjoy holding a big heavy sander over my head, sweating profusely, and making a huge cloud of dust. I wear protective gear and whine I sm getting as goid if a workout as I would at the gym, I create a nice clean ready to paint fair bottom

Those who hire me may even have done the job themselves before but they almost all would prefer NEVER to do it again

I don't like directing traffic, arresting drunks, breaking up bar fights, or writing notes to judges about who I saw driving outside the rules... But lots of folks want to be cops. Great!!

I don't have any special respect reserved for any one life work selection over another but I damn certain appreciate all those who by choosing an occuoation allowed me the freedom to mess with the various projects that both feed and entertain me ..'

Today I am able to work on building pedicabs because the young folks up the street who went to veterinary school are dealing with my barfing dog.

They have boats and fiberglass pool furniture

We need and appreciate each other

I don't agree with you on much, but this I do.

I have been up to my elbows in people parts and had ceilings and roofs collapse on/under me. Happy to be doing what I love.

I can't imaging grinding bottom paint for a living or standing a cash register all day. God forbid I ever set foot in a cubicle.

People genuinely thank me for what I do. I do the same for them.

Just happy to be in my niche

WL

This reflects more on the gun laws and lack of firearms control in the US, than any personal opinion of the merits or otherwise of people trying to serve their community.

Wake up people.

Well, yes, intellectual laziness through blaming an object for the free will acts of people is one way to run with it.

So I have 2 problems with your statement Atoyot:

Firstly, to what object are you referring to?

(Qualification - I do not consider a law or legislation an "object".)

Secondly, how is it that this is intellectual laziness?

I have met and known police who were excellent servants of their community with no axe to grind or grudge to bear - I salute these types.

I have also met several individuals who should not be allowed to pull on a uniform, because of the abuse they serve out whilst hiding behind a badge.

I am not going to have a discussion where the focus is on the merits or otherwise of an individuals role and how well they perform it, and by inference whether or not their demise was expected, deserved or unjustified - that's just plain nuts.

Life is about shades of grey - not black and white - not matter what you flavour of politics/media might suggest.

However one fact remains - the US has 90 guns for every 100 citizens.

Compared to 30 per 100 for Canada and Germany

15 per 100 for Australia

or 6.6 per 100 for the UK

Then consider that the firearm related death rate for the same countries (per 100,000 population)

US = 10.30

Canada = 2.22

Germany = 1.24

Australia = 0.86

UK = 0.25

All figures sourced from Wikipedia.

So no connection between gun ownership / guns in circulation (depending on your NRA member status) and the chance of getting blow away in a modern advanced society? - which last time I read - is what the US claims to be.

Lazy, I am not. Wary, circumspect, pissed and angry - yes - depending on the time and place.

Wake up people.

Boink, I have two problems with yours. 1) The intentional homicide rate paints a (slightly) clearer picture. Sorry, but if you see someone committing suicide with a firearm instead of jumping off a bridge as being a firearm problem, all I can say is that I disagree. 2) Correlation does not prove causality. Switzerland, for example, which would rate much higher in the Wiki list if it included government owned guns in the possession of citizens (military reserves), has a rate of gun related deaths/intentional homicide that is quite low by comparison. In other words, we are not violent because we have guns. We have guns because we are violent. If more time was spent addressing the root causes of violence (sorry, but I don't believe 15 round magazines is one of them), then maybe we'd see some progress. Unfortunately, those are all going to be insanely difficult to deal with. And politicians don't want to deal with anything difficult, they want to be perceived as doing something so that they will be reelected, and that's all. And while I agree that having a shitload of guns in the US is not an answer to anything, taking them away from responsibly armed citizens while leaving the criminals theirs isn't either. It's a deep dark messy problem, it's NOT going to be solved with a quick and dirty gun control law, and quoting Wikipedia stats is not going to change that.

So PDG you have never hear of murder-suicide?

Nor have you obviously attended the aftermath of any firearm incident - lovely stuff - just don't suggest you eat beforehand.

It's a real highlight of anyone who has to attend these things - whether you are Police, Paramedic, Fire & Rescue, Forensics, Coroner or even just cleaning the shit up.

Look we can all find statistics to support our point of view - mine is that there are too many guns, not controlled and the whole situation is fully fucked up.

I agree with you that it is fully fledged nightmare of how to squeeze the genie back into the lamp.

But to suggest that the problem is too difficult to tackle is defeatist and depressing. I don't have the answers - but collectively sticking your head in the sand and denying facts is definitely not the way to proceed, and it becomes a get out clause for much less thoughtful people who will justify the purchase of another weapon with that argument.

I never once said that the problem was "too difficult to tackle", nor have I denied any facts you've stated, though I think your "murder-suicide" comments are specious. I also haven't held up any statistics to support my point of view. Agree or disagree, totally up to you...plus I agree with you: Statistics are too easy to bend to an individuals narrative. If I left the impression that I disagree that the proliferation of firearms is a problem, I apologize. It is clearly fuel on the fire.

What I did say, and the only point I intended to make, is that as a country we are collectively focused on the wrong problem. Wave a magic wand and make every firearm on the planet vanish in a puff of smoke, I firmly believe that the US would STILL be a violent place.

Agreed PDG - I believe we are more similar in our thinking on this topic than might be first thought.

Its a nightmare out there and I see little chance of anyone grasping this particular nettle. It's massively complex and difficult to undo what has been done. Lobbying is rife and political timetables mean that a fear of not getting re-elected will keep this a hot potato.

Unfortunately, mass shootings are relatively commonplace now, and do not even hold the nations attention long enough for the conversation to get traction - perversely the fear these incidents breed, generate greater gun sales in the name of personal protection; which then when mismanaged add to the roll call of accidents, thefts and weapons falling into the wrong hands.

As to atoyot still nothing.....

If you can't recognise a gun as an "object", there is nothing else to explain. I might as well discuss this with a termite infested stump if that's the case here.

More cops kill their wives annually than are shot in the line of duty.

Remember when Colombo & Perry Mason were the law & order icons? That mentality in law enforcement has long been forgotten as well.

Atoyot - "f you can't recognise a gun as an "object", there is nothing else to explain. I might as well discuss this with a termite infested stump if that's the case here."

You dumb fuck.
If you can't comprehend my perception of a lack of gun control LAW and an unwillingness to tackle these difficult issues then you really better take up that threat to converse with your mates the Termites.

BUT

Don't for one minute think you have the intelligence to match them, nor would you have their work ethic.

Speaking of dumb fucks - Referring to me as a dumb fuck because I can't comprehend your perception of a lack of gun control laws is inoperative on its face. The US has gun control laws. Thousands of them. Once each one of THEM are enforced to the letter, I will entertain discussion of further ones which, no doubt, will mirror one already out there but which make killing someone just that much more "illegal" though entertain them I will at that point.

The issues that need tackling are much more societal in nature, as evidenced by the reality that these "problems" that a lot of people want to solve did not exist nearly to the degree that they exist today, back when we could even buy these objects (guns) through the mail, pre-1968. No I.D., no background check, no nothing. Where were the school shootings? People (here) have grown accepting of violent behavior, glorify violence (particularly "gun violence") in media and entertainment, and, mental health care is severely lacking in certain circles. We have an out-of-control drug gang problem, owing to this bullshit prohibition effort they call the "war" on drugs, and attendant turf wars by people whom I am sure have no regard for laws - the gun kind or otherwise. One-parent families where the 1 parent works two jobs just to put low-nutrition food on the table, so that the kids can stay awake in the school that's owned by the aforementioned drug culture. There are dozens of gun-threads on SA that outline these things, whether one agrees with them or not. You want to tell another nation on the other side of the world to outlaw guns as if they're the root of the problem? Have at it.

But please: you're the one speaking of a "law" as an "object" and I'm the termite? Sure, that's the way to convince me of the superior intellect. If you want to discuss the perceived failings of another culture, I suggest that you use the terminology of that culture and not that of your imagination or only within the confines of whatever colloquial terms to which you may be accustomed. Want to call a handgun a turnip seed? Go ahead, though there won't be much meaningful discussion leading from it, and then, you can abuse us yet again on our "unwillingness to tackle these difficult issues".

Speaking of dumb fucks - Referring to me as a dumb fuck because I can't comprehend your perception of a lack of gun control laws is inoperative on its face. The US has gun control laws. Thousands of them. Once each one of THEM are enforced to the letter, I will entertain discussion of further ones which, no doubt, will mirror one already out there but which make killing someone just that much more "illegal" though entertain them I will at that point.

The issues that need tackling are much more societal in nature, as evidenced by the reality that these "problems" that a lot of people want to solve did not exist nearly to the degree that they exist today, back when we could even buy these objects (guns) through the mail, pre-1968. No I.D., no background check, no nothing. Where were the school shootings? People (here) have grown accepting of violent behavior, glorify violence (particularly "gun violence") in media and entertainment, and, mental health care is severely lacking in certain circles. We have an out-of-control drug gang problem, owing to this bullshit prohibition effort they call the "war" on drugs, and attendant turf wars by people whom I am sure have no regard for laws - the gun kind or otherwise. One-parent families where the 1 parent works two jobs just to put low-nutrition food on the table, so that the kids can stay awake in the school that's owned by the aforementioned drug culture. There are dozens of gun-threads on SA that outline these things, whether one agrees with them or not. You want to tell another nation on the other side of the world to outlaw guns as if they're the root of the problem? Have at it.

But please: you're the one speaking of a "law" as an "object" and I'm the termite? Sure, that's the way to convince me of the superior intellect. If you want to discuss the perceived failings of another culture, I suggest that you use the terminology of that culture and not that of your imagination or only within the confines of whatever colloquial terms to which you may be accustomed. Want to call a handgun a turnip seed? Go ahead, though there won't be much meaningful discussion leading from it, and then, you can abuse us yet again on our "unwillingness to tackle these difficult issues".

^^^ I don't agree with everything he says, but this... ^^^

^^^ I don't agree with everything he says, but this... ^^^

+ a shit-ton of whatever.

(Great post, Mr. Backwards Toyota Sir.....:lol: )

I am a proud gun owner, but using the Swiss as an example of good gun policy is only logical if you include the only fact that really matters: They have a military draft.

bring back the draft to america and it will take only one generation for gun violence rates to drop off a cliff.

Until then, it's pretty ignorant to use as a comparison.

I am a proud gun owner, but using the Swiss as an example of good gun policy is only logical if you include the only fact that really matters: They have a military draft.

bring back the draft to america and it will take only one generation for gun violence rates to drop off a cliff.

This.

And the best 'middle class economics' policy in the history of this country was the G.I. Bill. Education with proof of responsibility.

Will now step aside before having to take this to the fever swamps of P.A.

This thread left the blocks alienating those not a Cop

Past that I felt compassion for the one who lost their life as well as the person who lost their Dad

this thread could have gotten off to a Much Better start Without the cheap shot insinuating the only reason to be critical of Cops is to have been a Criminal

YOU HAVE NOSING TO VEER IF YOU HAVE NOSING TO HIDE = Was catchy in Germany

The BAD Cops Bring the Bad Publicity When They are Caught

The BAD Cops Bring Unwanted Criticism to the Other Cops That May be Good or May Be BAD

Questioning Authority is NOT Something to be Ashamed Of - It Is NEEDED !!!

For all you cop critics out there, maybe been picked up for speeding, Soliciting Women maybe for D&D Domestic Violence or DUI or substance abuse...
WELCOME to the World that Good Cops AND The Public Doesn't Tolerate - That High Pay And Respect Your Job Commands, HOLDS YOU TO A HIGHER LEVEL.
So Sorry if you get treated like a Common Person when You get Caught Then Punished just a Bit More when Convicted (when that happens)
In the Day of just about Everyone having a Video Camera it Must be Frustrating Not being able to give out as many WOOD-SHAMPOOS w/o being Caught
Just Shooting Someone can be explained away Most of the time
cant_we_get_a_lawn_baseball_jersey.jpg?h

Past that I felt compassion for the one who lost their life as well as the person who lost their Dad

this thread could have gotten off to a Much Better start Without the cheap shot insinuating the only reason to be critical of Cops is to have been a Criminal

The BAD Cops Bring Unwanted Criticism to the Other Cops That May be Good or May Be BAD

For all you cop critics out there, maybe been picked up for speeding, Soliciting Women maybe for D&D Domestic Violence or DUI or substance abuse...
WELCOME to the World that Good Cops AND The Public Doesn't Tolerate - That High Pay And Respect Your Job Commands, HOLDS YOU TO A HIGHER LEVEL.
So Sorry if you get treated like a Common Person when You get Caught Then Punished just a Bit More when Convicted (when that happens)
In the Day of just about Everyone having a Video Camera it Must be Frustrating Not being able to give out as many WOOD-SHAMPOOS w/o being Caught

You drunk this early, Woods???

You drunk this early, Woods???

Ummm No

I'm just lucky enough to live in a city where Recently SDPD members have Pleaded Guilty to Dealing Drugs, Soliciting Sexual Acts to get out of trouble, Spousal Abuse, Theft of Crime Scenes ......................................

Need we go on ? Do you need Links ??

I have Nothing against LEO's and my last tenants of 2 years were both US Border Patrol Agents

It's a Small % that are BAD ....................... And Get Caught

like just a little Pee in the Punch :)

+1

+1

A draft without loopholes this time. The Israeli model is a good one...you want your passport & citizenship, do your fucking time. Just like everyone else.

And even 40yrs later Serpico is still relevant. Its not a 5mins read, but a good one.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/the-police-are-still-out-of-control-112160.html#.VQUCiZlZTqB

wondering the police perspective of these stories in Today's News ^_^

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/national-international/LAPD-Officer-Arrested-at-US-Mexico-Border-for-Alleged-Smuggling-296401141.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/03/14/4-officers-under-investigation-for-exchanging-racist-homophobic-texts-with-furminger-convicted-sfpd-mission-district-supervisor/

A Badge does NOT make a person Better (in and of its self)

A Criminal with a Badge stands a better chance of Not being caught

People position themselves in Jobs for many reasons - Mostly Nobel

Mostly

Last week the three head honcho's of the local police union were charged with a money pilfering scheme that has defrauded their members to the tune of millions. They're still hunting for more.

Today Toronto's police service released their annual payroll. They got into a tizzy because they were forced to add overtime & off duty detail income instead of simply base salary. Half of the 800 officers are pulling in over $100k a year.

Organized crime is alive & well with our unionized gov't employees.

Last week the three head honcho's of the local police union were charged with a money pilfering scheme that has defrauded their members to the tune of millions. They're still hunting for more.

Today Toronto's police service released their annual payroll. They got into a tizzy because they were forced to add overtime & off duty detail income instead of simply base salary. Half of the 800 officers are pulling in over $100k a year.

Organized crime is alive & well with our unionized gov't employees.

Careful ya don't wanna come off sounding like a critic :(

AND THEN there is This just released :o :o :o :o

An arrest warrant has been issued for a rookie LAPD officer who is suspected of shooting a 23-year-old Ontario man five times, killing him.

Officer Henry Solis, 27, knows he is wanted and should be considered "armed and dangerous," Pomona police said. He may be driving a Ford pickup truck with license plate No. 4J79703.

Solis is suspected of murder in the death of Salome Rodriguez Jr., whom family members described as young man of faith who did not know Solis.

Read KTLA's story here: http://ktlane.ws/1x7Y24w

11026318_10153195519239614_8361681420741

Federal probe finds gaps in San Diego Police Department policies

http://www.kusi.com/story/28542474/federal-probe-finds-gaps-in-san-diego-police-department-policies

Posted: Updated:
By Kristen Cusato
7168488_G.jpg
SAN DIEGO (KUSI) - An investigation conducted by U.S Attorney Laura Duffy and Ron Davis, found gaps in San Diego Police Department's policies regarding officer misconduct.

The federal probe revealed a lack of consistent supervision and a failure to hold employees accountable which allowed misconduct to go on undetected for years.

The Department of Justice and the company they partnered with to do the investigation commended the San Diego Police Department for putting themselves under the microscope voluntary.

It was last February when then San Diego Police Chief William Lansdowne stepped down, as the department was embroiled in scandal, but one of the last things Lansdowne did was to ask for an audit of the department.

"I never want to see another Anthony Arevellos employed by us or any other city," said Jan Goldsmith.

Officers convicted of sexual assault, officers arrested and convicted for drugs and drunk driving, were cases the Department of Justice looked at within the police department. A total of 17 different cases.

"There's a lack of consistent supervision and many levels of the organization, often failure to hold people accountable and that failure allowed misconduct to occur and remain undetected for years," said Ronald Davis.

The department's internal reporting system, did not work.

"They were able to capture complaints, but not able to tie it to officers. When you can't tie it to an officer, you can't see if there's a problem starting to grow, where you can attack it," said Tom Wilson.

The assessment made 40 recommendations, and Chief Zimmerman said she will put every one into place, including completely revamping the departments early identification and intervention system to help guide officers.

"Once a notification or trigger or red flag occurs to make sure the appropriate people get that notification immediately," she said.

Some of the issues brought up are expected to be solved by the new contract to recruit and retain officers, according to the mayor and the chief.

"You'll see a lot more cohesiveness, a lot more mentoring from supervisors to younger officers to take leadership roles through the chain of command," said Brian Marvel.

One of the recommendations that has already been implemented is body cameras.

Body cameras are now worn by 600 officers, which aims to help increase accountability and de-escalate incidents.

"Yes it will cost money. Yes my commitment is that we will make that money necessary, cause we have to. We have to make sure we have resources available," said Mayor Faulconer.

One of the investigation authors said San Diego is a good department and will be able to forward.

View the full report here.

Source???

Source???

Ass?....

Source???

Ass?....

I figured as much.

OMG --> http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Video-Shows-Border-Patrol-Taser-Igniting-Fatal-Car-Explosion-Alex-Martin-297483901.html

I / We have No idea WTF took place, The person in the car looks to have placed themselves in Lets say a Bad Situation to Say the Least

Much shall forever remain Un-Known like the thoughts of dude in car, had they passed out from something in car ??

Gas Leak or Liquid Meth in 5 gal open bucket ??

Hope that wasn't a Flash/Bomb/teargas thingie gone pear-shape

We had the draft during the 60's and early '70's when there was an extreme amount of domestic violence, including that with guns. I don't see how you are connecting the gun violence rates and the draft. Specifically when suicide rates among military, veteran and police are higher than that of the general public.

To come back to the OT, there's a world of difference between criticizing law enforcement for actions that can be changed to improve their job performance and blaming the effin' pigs for everything wrong in society. I've criticized Vernon a couple of time but I live in his jurisdiction and he does a great job but I also have an interest in him doing a better one.

I really hope some day woody is enjoying his day when all of a sudden he begs for the police. So sick of people showing all their faults only to beg for their service...

I really hope some day woody is enjoying his day when all of a sudden he begs for the police. So sick of people showing all their faults only to beg for their service...

So you are saying

If we Don't let BAD COP's Runamuck We Won't have Any Cops When Ya Need a Good One - I'll Take That Chance !!!

I Hope the Situation is Not That Bad

In the World of LEO's ................"ZERO TOLERANCE for Crossing The Line"........ Should NEVER Make The Job Harder to do.

I'm NOT A Hater

Example I Did NOT Say "The MAN Torched a Human For No Reason"

I said We Don't Know What went On & That I'm Sure Anyone involved Will Have A Hard Time Coping with the Situation Afterwords

Meaning It Will Be Hard On Them Thinking about All the What-If's

I Don't for one moment Believe Any of them Thought What Happened Might have Happened as it Did (wither they should have or Not)

LEO's Are Selected, Trained, Sworn & Paid ........ To NOT Have Faults "On The Job" (in their Personal Lives Who Cares)

LEO's Have a Job Because Regular People Have Faults

L/120 If you are a Bad Cop who Crosses The LINE I have No Sympathy for you should anyone Expose your Doing What You Swore Not To Do

If / When I ever need to Call for A Cop - I'll Gladly wait or Do Without if Only BAD Cops are available

I Sure Hope it's NOT That BAD !! ^_^

The simulation system they use in that video is a cool system. The instructor can change the scenario based on your actions, you have both a taser and a gun that the computer senses. We recently got to run some of those scenarios at my department.

That video is awesome. Sad that it isn't really much of a stretch.

Former DA: Planting Guns On Shooting Victims ‘Standard Operating Procedure’ (VIDEO)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/10/planting-evidence/

Author: Nathaniel Downes April 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Attorney Arthur Aidala is a frequent guest on Fox News. The former Senior Assistant District Attorney for Kings County, NY had a lot of first hand experience in dealing with the troubled NYPD of the 1990’s. In a segment discussing the shooting death of Walter Scott by Officer Michael Slager, he may have revealed an open secret, something long claimed but difficult to prove regarding police, accountability, and their ability to get away with murder.

When I was in the DA’s office in the 80s and 90s, that was standard operating procedure. Police officers — I hate to say this — would keep a second gun that nobody knew about on their ankle, so if they ever killed someone they shouldn’t have they would take that gun out.

As a DA, knowing this, he clearly supported the policy at least indirectly. After all, nobody wants the reputation of being against the police, particularly a DA which is reliant upon them for doing their jobs. A hostile DA-police rapport would render the DA unable to fulfill his duty, so whatever the police wished to get away with, they would.

In this case, he was quite frank on Officer Slager’s situation:

There’s going to be no sympathy for this police officer, except for the fact that it’s a 33-year-old human being who is getting paid $40,000 to protect his own life and protect everyone else’s life. Nobody thinks this cop woke up that morning and said let me go kill somebody. He made split second decisions and they were wrong. Obviously he made wrong decisions. It’s going to be about, in my opinion, how much jail time does he serve.

That it happened in this case has nothing to do with legalities, but everything to do with accountability. Slager shot Scott on camera, while countless other cases were not caught on tape. It was standard procedure to cover for cops shooting innocent people, and truth be told, it still is. Witness the Ferguson grand jury, where the prosecutor not only gave the defendant access, but put a witness on the stand who he knew was lying. All to protect Officer Darren Wilson, who repaid this preferential treatment by quitting his job. And that story is all too familiar. For a former DA to admit it on live television is remarkable.

But unless we do something to hold our police accountable, it means little in the grand scheme of things.

Not saying that drop guns did not happen at some point. But most officers do carry a second gun, not for that reason. I carry it so if my primary gun fails or is taken from me I still have a gun.

So I guess what LEO's do on their own time Does Need to be cared about (Even @ 73 :o )

Body-Cam Video Released of Fatal Tulsa Shooting After Police Chase

Posted 9:51 AM, April 12, 2015, by CNN Wire

Deputies wanted evidence on camera.

capture14.jpeg?w=300&h=169

A screenshot from a body-camera video shows law-enforcement officers restraining Eric Courtney Harris after he was shot by a reserve deputy. Harris later died at a hospital. (Credit: Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office)

But when they recorded a sting against an alleged illegal weapons dealer in Tulsa, Oklahoma, earlier this month, cameras also rolled as Eric Courtney Harris ran, and when he was fatally shot.

The Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office released the video on Friday. The shooting was an apparent accident, it has said.

The reserve deputy thought he had his Taser in hand, not his firearm, and shot Harris “inadvertently,” according to the sheriff’s office.

In the last minutes of the video, Harris, a convicted felon, lies on the pavement with police on top of him. An officer calls for a Taser. But in place of an electric clicking sound, a gunshot rings out.

Then a voice can be heard saying, “Oh! I shot him! I’m sorry!” Another officer screams out, “He shot him! He shot him!”

Harris, who is bleeding, calls out, too. He’s losing his breath, he says. An officer yells back at him. “You f—ing ran! Shut the f— up!” he yells. “F— your breath.”

The group of officers begin tugging Harris’ hands behind his back as the video ends.

Harris later died at a local hospital. Police said at the time of the shooting that Harris admitted to medics at the scene that he may have been under the influence of Phencyclidine, a street drug commonly known as PCP.

The video is edited to block out the officers’ faces. Harris is clearly visible.

‘German Luger’ deal

Minutes earlier, Harris had climbed into a truck cab, where an undercover officer had set up a camera on the dash to record the suspect.

“What’s up?” they greet each other cordially. Without missing a beat, Harris rummages deep in a backpack and hastily hands over a semiautomatic pistol. Every few seconds, he looks around outside nervously.

“Sweet, that’s a nice gun, man,” the undercover officer says off camera. It’s a “German Luger,” Harris tells him.

He cranes his head around quickly and watches as a car pulls up next to the truck. Officers in uniform jump out, and Harris bolts out the passenger door and sprints off.

“He’s running; he’s running, he’s running!” the officer in the truck says.

Subdued, shot

Another video from an officer’s body camera picks up the chase. The officer wearing it jumps out of a vehicle and pursues Harris on foot, catching up to him easily. He tackles the fleeing suspect.

The officer commands him, “I need you to roll on your stomach. Now!” Other officers appear. Someone calls, “Taser! Taser!”

The gunshot discharges.

Much later in the recording made by the first camera inside the truck, two men are conversing. “He thought it was his Taser,” one of them says, as the other curses in frustration.

In the background, a woman is crying “No, no, no!” Harris had come to the sting deal with a female companion.

Officer suspended

Police have said that Harris had reached for his waistband, and officers feared he might endanger them. When Harris was on the ground, he “refused to pull his left arm from underneath his body where his hand was near his waistband,” they said after the shooting in early April.

The officer’s body camera video did not reveal that area of Harris’ body.

The reserve deputy who fired “inadvertently” was placed on administrative leave after the shooting, the sheriff’s office has said. Robert (Bob) Bates is 73 years old and a former Tulsa police officer.

When asked by CNN affiliate KTUL whether Bates’ age may have been a factor in the shooting, Shannon Clark of the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said, “Did an accident happen? Sure. But is it accredited to his age? Or was it accredited to the rapidly evolving situation? I guess that will be determined in the investigation.”

Asked if another gun was found on Harris, Clark said, “The suspect was placed in the ambulance and transported so quickly. I have not been told there was a second weapon found on him yet.”

An officer can be seen in the video taking his foot off of an object lying on the pavement not far from Harris.

Filed in: Nation/World

Topics: eric harris, Oklahoma, tulsa county, tulsa county sheriff's office

2-Year-Old Girl Sat In Car As San Pablo Cop Busted For Buying Heroin, Cocaine In San Francisco

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/04/13/2-year-old-girl-sat-in-car-as-san-pablo-cop-busted-for-buying-heroin-cocaine-in-san-francisco/?cid=social_20150413_43759366&adbid=10152898542544436&adbpl=fb&adbpr=51642564435

April 13, 2015 3:57 PM
kennethwhite04-13-15.jpg?w=384&h=349&cro

San Pablo police officer Kenneth White was charged for allegedly buying cocaine and heroin in San Francisco while a 2-year-old girl sat in his car. (Source: SFPD)

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A San Pablo police officer has been charged with four felonies and two misdemeanors for allegedly buying heroin and cocaine in San Francisco last week while a 2-year-old girl was in his car, police and prosecutors said Sunday.

Officer Kenneth White was also found with illegal weapons when he was arrested in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood last Wednesday afternoon, San Francisco police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.

San Pablo police said today they became suspicious White was involved in illegal activity in San Francisco last Monday and notified San Francisco police.

Undercover San Francisco police officers noticed a Ford Mustang belonging to White in the area of Howard and Seventh streets at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Esparza said.

Another man, identified as 57-year-old San Francisco resident Timothy French, walked up to the Mustang and leaned in to the passenger door.

The undercover officers concluded the interaction was a drug deal and moved in, detaining both men. They allegedly found at least 0.6 grams of suspected cocaine and 7.8 grams of suspected heroin.

Both men were arrested on suspicion of narcotics violations, with White suspected of trying to purchase drugs from French, Esparza said.

The officers also found a 2-year-old girl and illegal guns in the Mustang with White. The girl was taken into police custody.

White was arraigned Friday on charges of possession of a controlled substance with a firearm, two counts of carrying a loaded firearm and one count of child endangerment, all felonies, as well as misdemeanor drug possession charges for heroin and cocaine salt, district attorney’s spokesman Alex Bastian said today.

He remains in custody on $250,000 bail, according to the sheriff’s department. He is scheduled to return to court Tuesday morning.

White was already on paid administrative leave on an unrelated matter at the time of his arrest and his powers as a police officer had been suspended, according to San Pablo police.

“The San Pablo Police Department and its Police Employees’ Association are committed to upholding their motto of integrity, community and service,” San Pablo police Chief Lisa Rosales said in a statement.

“We take these matters seriously and will ensure a professional and comprehensive personnel investigation will be completed,” Rosales said.

White’s defense attorney, Christopher Dove, was not immediately available for comment.

© Copyright 2015 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

What a Screwed Up World !!!

5-Year-Old Found In Backseat With Loaded Guns, Drugs During Fairfield Traffic Stop

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/04/13/child-drugs-guns-fairfield-traffic-stop/

April 13, 2015 7:55 AM
police-generic.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

(Thinkstock)

FAIRFIELD (CBS SF) — Police suspect a five-year-old was endangered after Fairfield officers found guns and drugs in a car the child was occupying Monday evening.

Around 6:20 p.m., members of the Fairfield Police Department’s special operations team were conducting traffic stops in the area of East Tabor and Kidder avenues when they stopped a car for a mechanical violation, police said.

Upon contact with the occupants, police said officers could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside and began searching the occupants and the car.

Police said officers found a gun in the front waistband of a 14-year-old boy along with Xanax pills and marijuana that were in his possession.

READ MORE: Divers Search For Motorcyclist Who Likely Fell Into Water After Antioch Bridge Crash

During a search of the vehicle, officers located another handgun underneath the driver’s seat and police said the gun was loaded.

A five-year-old child was in the car at the time, police said.

Officers arrested Devonte Lewis, 19, and Marissa Lewis, 32, both of Fairfield, Davion Harris, 18, of Vacaville and the 14-year-old juvenile on suspicion of violating gun, drug and child endangerment laws.

Police said the five-year-old was released to the custody of a family member.

© Copyright 2015 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

11015200_10152826024608543_6243100675257

2-Year-Old Girl Sat In Car As San Pablo Cop Busted For Buying Heroin, Cocaine In San Francisco

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/04/13/2-year-old-girl-sat-in-car-as-san-pablo-cop-busted-for-buying-heroin-cocaine-in-san-francisco/?cid=social_20150413_43759366&adbid=10152898542544436&adbpl=fb&adbpr=51642564435

April 13, 2015 3:57 PM
kennethwhite04-13-15.jpg?w=384&h=349&cro

San Pablo police officer Kenneth White was charged for allegedly buying cocaine and heroin in San Francisco while a 2-year-old girl sat in his car. (Source: SFPD)

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — A San Pablo police officer has been charged with four felonies and two misdemeanors for allegedly buying heroin and cocaine in San Francisco last week while a 2-year-old girl was in his car, police and prosecutors said Sunday.

Officer Kenneth White was also found with illegal weapons when he was arrested in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood last Wednesday afternoon, San Francisco police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.

San Pablo police said today they became suspicious White was involved in illegal activity in San Francisco last Monday and notified San Francisco police.

Undercover San Francisco police officers noticed a Ford Mustang belonging to White in the area of Howard and Seventh streets at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Esparza said.

Another man, identified as 57-year-old San Francisco resident Timothy French, walked up to the Mustang and leaned in to the passenger door.

The undercover officers concluded the interaction was a drug deal and moved in, detaining both men. They allegedly found at least 0.6 grams of suspected cocaine and 7.8 grams of suspected heroin.

Both men were arrested on suspicion of narcotics violations, with White suspected of trying to purchase drugs from French, Esparza said.

The officers also found a 2-year-old girl and illegal guns in the Mustang with White. The girl was taken into police custody.

White was arraigned Friday on charges of possession of a controlled substance with a firearm, two counts of carrying a loaded firearm and one count of child endangerment, all felonies, as well as misdemeanor drug possession charges for heroin and cocaine salt, district attorney’s spokesman Alex Bastian said today.

He remains in custody on $250,000 bail, according to the sheriff’s department. He is scheduled to return to court Tuesday morning.

White was already on paid administrative leave on an unrelated matter at the time of his arrest and his powers as a police officer had been suspended, according to San Pablo police.

“The San Pablo Police Department and its Police Employees’ Association are committed to upholding their motto of integrity, community and service,” San Pablo police Chief Lisa Rosales said in a statement.

“We take these matters seriously and will ensure a professional and comprehensive personnel investigation will be completed,” Rosales said.

White’s defense attorney, Christopher Dove, was not immediately available for comment.

He'll get off with the Twinkie defense, again.

Woody - you need to go for a ride. Really. You've become a pedantic bore - and it's a shame, 'cause once in a while, something good comes out of your poor taste in things.

a little levity killing your buzz

click on this

Cop who berated Uber driver is stripped of badge and gun

April 1, 2015 | 4:38pm

Modal Trigger
Photo: YouTube
MORE ON: NYPD

The NYPD detective who was caught on video chewing out an Uber driver has been stripped of his shield and gun, and will be placed on modified duty, police officials said.

Detective Patrick Cherry has been removed from the department’s elite Joint Terrorism Task Force and will be doing desk duty until he is officially transferred out of the prestigious division.

“No good cop should watch that video without a wince,” Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a Wednesday press conference. “Because all good cops know that officer just made their jobs a little bit harder.”

“In that kind of encounter, anger like that is unacceptable,” Bratton continued. “In any encounter, discourtesy and obscene language like that is unacceptable.

“That officer’s behavior reflected poorly on everyone who wears our uniform.”

The incident was being investigated by the Internal Affairs Bureau before being taken over by the Civilian Complaint Review Board, police said.

The CCRB on Wednesday interviewed Sanjay Seth, the passenger who captured the belittling rant on his cellphone, according to the man’s Twitter page.

In the video posted Monday on YouTube, Cherry blows up in the driver’s face after the Uber driver apparently honked at him and and made a gesture with his hand as he tried to park his unmarked car along the West Side Highway in Greenwich Village.

“Just gave testimony to CCRB,” Seth wrote Wednesday. “The investigation is in their hands. Here’s to a quick, fair, and thorough resolution to this incident.”

If a CCRB judge finds Cherry guilty of misconduct, he could end up with a permanent mark on his record, sources said. But any disciplinary action would be solely up to Bratton, who ultimately has final say.

Cherry has been the subject of a dozen prior CCRB complaints, going back more than 10 years, some for exhibiting the same sort of verbal abuse, a source said.

Warning: Graphic language

The one-sided shouting match was recorded by Seth as he and another man were riding in the backseat of the driver’s vehicle. The video shows Cherry barking into the driver’s face through the open door, at times mocking the man’s accent.

“Stop it with your mouth. Stop it with your ‘For what sir, for what sir.’ Stop it with that bulls–t, and realize the three vehicle and traffic laws you committed,” Cherry screams during the three-minute tirade.

“I don’t know what f–king planet you think you’re on right now. Now sit in your f–king car and stay there,” he shouts before slamming the door.

The abuse continues when Cherry walks back to the car and starts to speak to the driver, identified in the video only as “Humayun.”

But when the driver responds with “OK,” the cop goes off on him again.

“OK what? You don’t let me f–king finish. Stop interrupting me,” he screams. “Who do you think you’re talking to here?”

“Every time I open my mouth, you have something to say.”

The officer was trying to park an unmarked car along the West Side Highway in Greenwich Village without using a blinker, according to statements made in the video.

That’s when the Uber driver pulled around and gestured at the plainclothes cop — sending him into a rage.

“You’re driving up my a— when I’m trying to park the car and then you have to do something with your hands,” he says.

“I don’t know where you’re coming from, where you think you’re appropriate in doing that; that’s not the way it works. How long have you been in this country?”

At the end of the video, the cop tells the shell-shocked driver that the only reason he isn’t being arrested is because the officer is too busy.

“The only reason you’re not in handcuffs going to jail and getting summonses in the precinct is because I have things to do,” he says. “This isn’t important enough for me. You’re not important enough.”

Uber spokesman Matt Wing said the berated driver did not receive a summons.

“The behavior in the video is wrong and unacceptable and we appreciate the NYPD investigating the incident,” he said. “We are in touch with our driver-partner who was subjected to this terrible experience and will continue to provide any support he needs.”

Why bystanders just might NOT jump in to break-up a couple fighting (like a personal middle-east)

Years Later, Courts Still Reviewing Whether SDPD Officer Violated Man's Civil Rights Victor Ortega was killed by police three years ago. The officer says it was self-defense By Click here to read more of the Judge’s comments.

According to April court documents filed as part of its appeal, the city of San Diego is arguing, “the evidence discrediting the police officer must convince a reasonable factfinder that the officer acted unreasonably, not the mere fact the officer made an inconsistent statement.”

Click here to read the city’s appeal.

The city also said, “the district court comingled a group of insignificant discrepancies in witness statements to conclude a dispute existed about what transpired during (Victor) Ortega’s final seconds.”

The family's attorney Christina Denning said there is too much proof that contradicts any claims of self-defense.

“When combined with the fact that the trajectory of the bullet was pointing downward, meaning Victor was in a submissive position, three or more feet away from the shooter, it shows that, was this really self-defense? That is questionable,” Denning said.

Attorneys for the city of San Diego have repeatedly argued “McCarthy believed he was in imminent serious physical danger.”

District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis cleared Officer McCarthy of wrongdoing in April 2013 and said the shooting was justified.

Ortega’s widow has an entirely differently perspective.

“I am not going to let it go,” she said. “I lost my husband. I am going to do whatever I have to do to see that he gets justice. He did not deserve to die.”

NBC 7 Investigates is working for you. If you have more information about this or other story tips, contact us: (619) 578-0393, NBC7Investigates@nbcuni.com. To receive the latest NBC 7 Investigates stories, subscribe to our newsletter.

Published at 8:33 PM PDT on May 12, 2015

Video Appears to Show Illinois Police Officer Pepper-Spraying Handcuffed Teens

http://ktla.com/2015/05/13/video-appears-to-show-illinois-officer-macing-handcuffed-teens/

Posted 2:38 PM, May 13, 2015, by KTLA 5, Updated at 06:16pm, May 13, 2015

A video showing a police officer in Illinois appearing to use pepper-spray on two teens in handcuffs at police headquarters in Alton, a city about 25 miles north of St. Louis, has prompted a state investigation.

The video, dated Jan. 26, 2015, shows two teens sitting in a holding area at the Alton Police Department. It was aired Tuesday by KMOV, a television station in St. Louis.

An officer walks in, says something, and then raises what appears to be a can of pepper spray and sprays both teens.

One of the teens then twitches and shakes for several minutes.

“It was infuriating to me to see an officer coming in and spraying one of these kids, who was handcuffed,” said James Gray, president of the Alton NAACP.

The officer was identified as Vince Warlick by the local newspaper, the Alton Telegraph.

Gray showed the video to KMOV after receiving it in the mail. Gray said he does not like the way Alton police Chief Jason Simmons is running the department. Simmons’ future will soon be decided by the Alton Board of Aldermen, who will choose whether to re-appoint him.

“He’s up for re-appointment, but I do not think he should be reappointed. He has to know about this and, if that happened, how many more things happened that they haven’t sent to me?” Gray said.

Alton is less than 15 miles from Ferguson, Missouri, where Michael Brown was fatally shot by police Officer Darren Wilson in August 2014, prompting waves of protest and riots. Since that time, the use of violence by police has been in the spotlight and has been targeted by those calling for reform.

Simmons said the timing of the video’s release to the media was suspect. The chief was slated Wednesday to go before the local Board of Alderman, which was weighing his reappointment.

The city’s mayor told KMOV he stood by Simmons.

The chief has known about the incident since March, when a high-ranking officer told him what took place, he said. Simmons said it then took two months for officers to write a report on the incident, which he said he received May 6.

“Certainly, it raises a red flag and it appears to be a very serious issue. However, that issue will be thoroughly investigated by our internal affairs division and everything will be looked over before any type of discipline will be issued,” Simmons said.

Simmons told KMOV he is upset that his officers were slow in reporting the incident to him.

He believes the delay may be due to the fact that many officers do not like some of the reforms he has put in place, and are trying to find a way to oust him from his post.

A spokeswoman for the Police Department released a statement late Wednesday stating that the video was made public before the ongoing investigation was completed, and so the results of that investigation were not yet available, the Telegraph reported. The video would not be released by the Police Department because it shows juveniles, according to the statement.

“Chief Simmons said the investigation, including an attempt to determine why the final reports were not received until May 6, 2015, will be completed in consultation with the Madison County State’s Attorney’s Office,” the statement concluded.

The video was turned over to Illinois State Police by the State’s Attorney’s Office, KMOV reported.

Illinois State Police will recommend any criminal charges to the county state’s attorney, if appropriate, a spokeswoman for the office told the Telegraph.

A version of this story was originally published by KMOV in St. Louis, and was distributed by the CNN Wire. KTLA’s Melissa Pamer contributed to this story.

Woman Arrested For DUI Returns to Thank Fontana Police Officer

http://ktla.com/2015/05/12/woman-arrested-for-dui-returns-to-thanks-fontana-police-officer-for-saving-her-life/

Posted 11:29 PM, May 12, 2015, by Anthony Kurzweil and Steve Kuzj, Updated at 11:57pm, May 12, 2015

A woman arrested for DUI in Fontana on New Year`s Eve said she may have ended up killing herself if not for the police officer who took her to jail, and changed her life.

“It was a difficult period in my life. I was pretty depressed,” Mariya Fair, a married mother of two, said.

“I did have a suicide attempt in December and I was planning to repeat it after the holidays so my kids wouldn’t have the association of the holidays and mom being gone,” Fair said.

The night she was arrested, Fair said she had taken pain pills and muscle relaxers to help with her depression.

“I remember that I just crashed … thank goodness it was a stop light crash. Nobody got injured,” Fair said.

Fontana Police Officer Wayne Blessinger was dispatched to the three car non-injury collision that night.

“She was kind of sleepy and fatigued as I was talking to her,” Blessinger said.

Fair was arrested and taken to jail.

“I didn’t think I was having an impact on her when I was talking to her,” Blessinger said.

But the day after Mother’s Day, Fair thanked Blessinger in person for changing her life.

“He was the first person who interacted, who took action … he was genuinely concerned,” Fair said. “You know his name is Blessinger … I view him as my blessing.”

Meeting someone who was grateful for being arrested was a first for Blessinger.

“I was very surprised when she came in … I didn’t expect someone to say ‘thank you,’” said Blessinger.

NJ Officer Who Shot Dog After Going to Wrong Address Is Exonerated

A police officer investigating a report of a home burglary in northern New Jersey mistakenly went to the wrong address and ended up killing a family's dog. Brian Thompson reports. (Published Saturday, May 16, 2015)
Updated at 1:21 PM EDT on Saturday, May 16, 2015

A northern New Jersey police officer who fatally shot a dog after going to the wrong address to investigate a burglary has been exonerated by police.

Wyckoff Police Chief Benjamin Fox released a statement Friday and says that after the department's Internal Affairs Unit conducted an investigation, he concluded that officer Kyle Ferreira had given an honest account.

Fox says Ferreira believed the dog could cause serious bodily harm after it bit one of his feet. He says Ferreira followed state attorney general's office guidelines for the use of deadly force.

The Bergen County prosecutor declined to investigate the incident.

Ferreira had shot the German shepherd four times in April after being dispatched to the wrong house.

The family that owned the dog says they are disappointed by the outcome.

Published at 1:21 PM EDT on May 16, 2015

The officer likely feels terrible about the incident. It isn't uncommon for officers to end up at the wrong house. We get bad info, get told wrong house numbers sometimes, many houses don't have house numbers on them, and last but not least we make mistakes. I have been to the wrong address on alarm calls, it happens.

As for the exoneration the supreme court has ruled that tactical choices or blunders made prior to a use of force (such as going to the wrong address) do not play into the use of force evaluation.

Which I think that applies in the above situation. Once he is placed into the situation where the dog is attacking his use of force seems reasonable.

After rereading the article it says he was dispatched to the wrong address, can't really blame that on the officer.

That was a No-Win situation from the get go

Max-Unfortunet and 100% that guy regrets getting that call

I feel sorry for everyone and especially the Dog who gave it's life protecting it's people.

The Dog and the Cop were doing the Same Job !!!

This guy is Lucky he didn't get shot - But was in the right

did the camera help ?? I think so

Jfc- arrested for what?

It's not against the law to call a cop anything- you are required to do what they ask- calling them names isn't illegal- fuck if it were I'd be in death row-

As Ron white so eloquently put it ; I have the right to remain silent, but not the ability-

I almost made a summer cop cry a few years ago- he arrested me ons bogus bench warrant from a bogus traffic stop. I told the court I couldn't be there- block island race week tgen chi Mac- I tried to reschedule but no dice- so I got arrested- once cuffed, I started a barrage of sarcastic passive aggressive insults that would make a marine cringe-

In the station- 2 other ops were biting their lips trying not to laugh as I shredded mr. Phase 2 special policeman- sans helmet- I told him if he wore the hockey helmet, we'd know he was special-

I'm required to respect the badge, not the douchebag behind it-

Oh- went to court- charges dropped-

Still pissed I was arrested- I mean- fuck me, Littke McGruff TVE crime puppy was doing some serious detective work to nail me-

Woody - you need to go for a ride. Really. You've become a pedantic bore - and it's a shame, 'cause once in a while, something good comes out of your poor taste in things.

life is so much better when you put the stupid fuck on ignore.

life is so much better when you put the stupid fuck on ignore.

Woody is the only person on SA that I have on ignore and I have to say, it improves the experience considerably.

*UPDATE* Report of Waco Police Affidavit/Warrants Inconsistent With Initial Public Claims By Same Police…

Posted on May 19, 2015 by sundance

update-1.gif?w=640UpdateThe Dead (All Texans):

waco-2.jpg?w=640&h=362

• Jesus Delgado Rodriguez, 65, died of gunshot wounds of the head and trunk.
  • Jacob Lee Rhyne, 39, died of gunshot wounds to the neck.
  • Richard Vincent Kirshner, Jr., 47, died of gunshot wounds but the report did not specify where he was shot.
  • Richard Matthew Jordan, III, 31, died of gunshot wounds to the head.
  • Wayne Lee Campbell, 43, died of gunshot wounds to the head and trunk.
  • Daniel Raymond Boyett, 44, died of gunshot wounds to the head.
  • Matthew Mark Smith, 27, died of gunshot wounds to the trunk
  • Manuel Issac Rodriguez, 40, died of gunshot wounds but the report did not specify where he was shot.
  • And Charles Wayne Russell, 46, died of gunshot wounds to the chest.

Reporting now indicating that all deceased were killed by police gunfire. Reporting now indicating 27 people shot by police, 8 still in hospital. Reporting lowers weapons confiscated to less than 50, mostly pocket knives, chains (attached to wallets?), nail clippers, one padlock and firearms (CCP fired or unfired?).

From the outset the police description of events at the Twin Peaks (Waco) Gang Shooting seemed oddly self-serving, super efficient/fast, and unusually specific for a mass casualty event outlined in under 3 hours. It was *as if* they wanted to get out ahead of something.

waco-8.jpg?w=640

One of the original claims, that was still maintained by officials last night, was the origin of the gang violence beginning in a restroom of the bar/grill and spilling outside.

Additionally, the police originally stated that all gang member gunfire was inside the building, and all the deceased were shot inside the restaurant.

However, a report outlining the 500 page construct of the police affidavit and arrest warrant(s) claims that all events happened outside in the parking lot:

Additionally the police went to great lengths to state the franchise owner/operator of the Twin Peaks restaurant would not cooperate with law enforcement and refused to cancel the event despite the demands of local law enforcement.

The affidavit says the gang members fired at each other and then when police tried to stop the fight, they began firing at officers.

Waco police officers returned fire striking multiple gang members,” the affidavit says (link)

[…] The affidavit goes on to say three or more members or associates of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club were in the parking lot of the restaurant when they confronted three or more members of the Bandidos Motorcycle Club when the Banditos arrived at the parking lot.

After the two rival groups met in the parking lot a fight broke out, the affidavit says.

“During the course of the altercation, members and associates of the Cossacks and Banditos brandished and used firearms, knives, or other unknown edged weapons, batons, clubs, brass knuckles and other weapons,:” the affidavit says.

However, that too is factually disputed by the owner/operator:

It would appear there are several contradictions with the initial -and ongoing- claims by Waco Police Spokesperson Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton. Including last night:

[…] Late Monday afternoon the restaurant’s operators issued another statement in which they said law enforcement officials did not ask the operator or the franchisor to cancel the patio reservation on Sunday.

The event Sunday afternoon was not a Bike Night, the statement said, but instead the result of a “regular patio reservation made by a female customer who has been to the restaurant previously.”

“Based on the information to date, we also believe that the violence began outside in the area of the parking lot, and not inside our restaurant or on our patio, as has been widely reported,” the statement said.

[…] “We are in the process of gathering additional facts, and urge that people avoid rushing to judgment before those facts are fully known,” the [franchise owner] statement said. (link)

Just to refresh our memory, here is Swanton’s first Presser again: (this took place at approximately 3:00pm CST Sunday)

[…] Shots were fired inside the restaurant and bikers were shot, stabbed and beaten before the fight quickly moved outside to the parking lot, Swanton said

In addition, the number of uniformed police who were surrounding the building during the timeframe the bikers arrived at the event has increased from 12+ (original report) to more than 18+. And now includes the police stating the entire uniformed SWAT division, vehicles, squad cars, MRAP, and all SWAT equipment were in the parking lot directly in front of the restaurant.

So when we consider the police visibility -including their assault rifles- and overlay the affidavit claim: “three or more members or associates of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club were in the parking lot of the restaurant when they confronted three or more members of the Bandidos Motorcycle Club when the Banditos arrived at the parking lot“, you would have to think these are the stupidest gang members, or….. something else.

[…] Eighteen uniformed Waco police officers including an assistant chief, sergeants and one rookie were standing by outside the restaurant Sunday and responded within a matter of seconds after the violence broke out between members of five rival gangs, Swanton said

[…] As the officers responded, the bikers directed gunfire in their direction, police said.

“Our officers took fire and responded appropriately, returning fire,”

There’s bound to be CCTV video at the restaurant/bar, that might help clear up some of the discrepancies if the video is ever made public.

However, it is worth noting the police themselves might have a vested interest in a very specific version of events, and no-one is visible yet to give any eye-witness information which might contradict that version.

It surely does seem odd that gang members would turn guns on heavily armed police who were directly in front of them, in the same parking lot, mere feet away. It also seems exceptionally fortunate that so far not a single stray bullet hit another building, vehicle or structure.

Yet, …all the gang shooting was inside, right. Right?

Three of the dead were found in the parking lot just outside of the restaurant, four were found in front of the building and one had been dragged behind a neighboring restaurant. (link)

waco-1.jpg?w=640&h=358

pew-pew-pew-merica.jpg?w=615&h=396

Of course someone found a way to turn this on the police. Since they released info early they are covering something up, if they don't release info early they are covering something up....

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

^^^^^^ So True

Many Years likely shall go by before we hear what Really Happened (if ever)

Doesn't look good for LEO's to say "If Ya Want Sum of This Come to Waco and Get It"

We Don't need things like this to happen :(

So did they rule that it was a stroke that he had? I have never seen an actual medical claim.

Idunno - Hard to call :) what's the Police Prospective ??

One Must keep in mind the Fuck (who shot the LEO) in the video you posted likely needed to be Snuffed long ago

AND the LEO's in the following have had Screening and Training

and were being "Paid Well" to Protect & Serve People Just like the Guy they Sprayed when he needed EMT's

Do you think this guy got his Tax Dollar's Worth ?? (Admittedly they didn't just SMOKE HIM)

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/05/virginia-cop-resigns-after-tasering-and-pepper-spraying-man-having-medical-emergency/

Home / Bad Cop, No Donut / Virginia Cop Resigns After Tasering and Pepper Spraying Man Having Medical Emergency
Fredericksburg-620x330.jpg

Virginia Cop Resigns After Tasering and Pepper Spraying Man Having Medical Emergency

Posted by: Carlos Miller in Bad Cop, No Donut, Body Cam, PINAC News, PINAC News Top 3, Police Abuse, Police Brutality, The Blue Line, Viral Videos May 22, 2015 212 Comments 14,537 Views

SHARES

A Virginia cop who tasered a man sitting in the driver’s seat of his car, following it with a ten-second blast of pepper spray into the man’s face, was forced to resign last week after his chief said he had used excessive force.

But Fredericksburg police officer Shaun Jergens said he only did it because the man in the car was not complying.

Shaun-Jurgens-480x640.jpg

Shaun Jergens was forced to resign from the Fredericksburg Police Department for tasering and pepper spraying man having medical emergency.

However, David Washington was experiencing a medical emergency, perhaps a diabetic seizure, which is why he struck another vehicle before running over a median and knocking over a city sign.

When the car came to rest, the 34-year-old man remained motionless in his car with the seat belt strapping him in.

“Get out the car or I’m going to fucking smoke you,” Jergens yelled after tasering and pepper spraying him.

“I can’t see,” Washington responded.

“That’s the point, get out. Don’t move around,” Jergens said, barking contradictory orders the way cops tend to do.

The cop ended up having to drag him out of the car, laying him facedown on the street where Washington remained handcuffed, continuing to moan that “I can’t see.”

Meanwhile, one of the three cops at the scene entered Washington’s car through the passenger’s side, causing the car to roll back on the suspect’s foot, adding to the pain and torture he was already enduring.

A female cop at the scene realized what was happening and jumped in the car to move it off his foot as Washington continued to moan in pain.

“You’re ok? We’re going to help you out,” asked one of the male cops who put him in that position.

Another cop then crouched down to Washington and asked, “you’re sick? Sick how?”

As if getting tased, pepper sprayed and his foot run over while laying face down on the hot asphalt wasn’t enough evidence of his medical emergency, it was later discovered he was having an actual medical emergency, not that any of the three cops were able to recognize that.

After all, they’re only trained to hurt, not help.

And that is important to understand anytime you hear the Police PR Spin Machine talking about how they are keeping everybody safe.

No, they’re only keeping themselves safe as was evident in this video where all three of them kept their guns trained on him, ordering him to show his hands when he was having a medical emergency.

Washington was transported to the hospital and will be charged with hit-and-run, hit-and-run (property damage), reckless driving, and driving on a revoked or suspended license.

In 2013, Fredericksburg police made the news for tasering a man for 42 seconds straight.

Below are three videos from each of the officers’ body cams.

Well Ya Can't say the otherwise Victom couldn't have Avoided the whole situation

by complying "WITH THE COURT" ---- \/

and driving on a revoked or suspended license.

That photo is from the late 90s or early 2000s and the context of it is unknown.

I am just saying that for all they know it could have been a CI and they were all bored and joking around. Now based on what the already fired officer got fired for I imagine the department was looking for a way to get rid of the guy who just got fir3d.

Only thing worse than Gubermint is Unions

guy might have been up against both for Not being a Player

or whatever

Oh fucking yawn Woody, is it possible that a union made it possible for a municipal bus driver to become a suburban land baron in the 14th biggest u.s. real estate market?

Oh fucking yawn Woody, is it possible that a union made it possible for a municipal bus driver to become a suburban land baron in the 14th biggest u.s. real estate market?

if you are talkin about ATU-1309 it mostly afforded people to have a Shinny New Cadillac or Lincoln while living paycheck to paycheck

Regardless of how much they were makin

Unions could help members More by educating them on finances and future planning than getting them More Money

Unions are What they are - Not what they were + from time to time they eat their own Just like Gangs

These days most cities are nothing more than Employment Agencies & Labor Unions :angry:

You're either cop, or you're little people.

(and if you're cop, don't piss off the union)

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/the-police-are-still-out-of-control-112160.html#.VWkuAqBZTqC

If I knew it was him I woulda left him there to bleed to bleed to death...

It should be mandatory for everybody that knows a cop to make them read that article.

Oh yeah, on the 15 mile drive home on the highway, 9 state police filling their quotas, it was the perfect storm, end of the month, beginning of the weekend...

That is Fantastic

My Beliefs are that the Scum of PD department's who knowingly give people Bad information Making-Up Laws They "Could Get You For"

and those who abuse their power of discretion under the color of authority In a Blatant manor

Rubbing into the Nose of a contact that They Have the POWER and You Are Helpless Because They Control the LAW

- Just PISS People Off And Those PISSed Off People Then become Much More Likely to Fuck-Over the next LEO should they have the Upper Hand

And That is to Get Back at the Other Bad Cop

The One who Gets the Rage Aimed at the First Cop could be a Nice / Good Cop with No reason to suspect the Contact Holds a Grudge

The Cost of a BAD COP no matter the % of the Force is WAY TOO MUCH to allow Any to exist & Should be Weeded Out

In San Diego it's All About Revenue

Keep Calling in enough about Tweakers messing with Homes and Cars All Night - And they come out and write Parking Tickets

Bad Parking tickets are Issued By Design with the blessings of the city

Not All PD are Bad Cops in San Diego But we have some to be Sure (Per the Convictions reported in the News)

The fact that Kalamazoo is even trying is Great !!!!

He has 24yrs in...why is it cops only become interested in doing the "right thing" when they are a year or two away from retiring?

Now contrast him to another Michigan police commander.

http://www.policeone.com/SWAT/articles/6385683-Police-militarization-An-argument-for-black-helicopters/

The key tidbit you have to keep in mind as this SWAT commander is arguing for black helicopters & comparing a cop on the streets of Michigan to an infantryman patrolling Baghdad...his county didn't have a single homicide the year he wrote that essay.

Yeah, I feel safer :/