Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

windseekeryachts

WraceBoats GP26 Miami Boat Show & Special Offer

We will be displaying Hull5 at Miami Strictly Sail Feb 12-16 and have

A Special Offer WraceBoats GP26 for Clients from USA and Canada Before and During the Show

+ USA local flight expense will be credited upto max750 USD with signed contract and proof of flight expense

+ Offer Good until Feb 28 2015

+ Offer will be valid only if minimum of 6 boats are reserved.

+ Offer is good for maximum number of 10 boats

+ Refundable USD1,000 payment must be received by Feb 28 2015 to reserve your boat

+ If there are minimum of 6 reservations and deposits received, by Feb 28, We will go into production stage.

+ If the minimum 6 deposits are not received by Feb 28th, We will refund your deposit cancel your reservation.

+ Boats will be built on First Come First Served basis,

+ Building of your boat starts with signing of built contract (which will be sent after Feb 28th) and transferring of 25% of the contract value to our account.

+ Preceeding payments are 50% at joining of hull and deck, 15% about 2 weeks before sending the boat, and 10% after acceptance trial in USA

+ Boats will be shipped in pairs to save freight costs. So hull1 will have to wait completion of hull2 for shipment.

+ Single boat shipment is possible with by paying the extra cost

+ Boats will be delivered to your local Port. We may have to mix and match the orders for arranging boats going to same ports.

+ Customs Clearance, Local trucking, Launching and Comissoning are owners expense.

SPECIAL PRICE OFFER IS 55,000USD, Standard Boat delivered to Your Local Port

Please see web page for options. http://www.wraceboats.com/uspricelist.pdf

If you have any questions please send email to sciftci@magmarin-tr.com

Fleet USA in 2015

West Coast: 2604 in San Diego

East Coast: 2605 in Florida, 2603 in NY, 2606 in CT, 2607 in MD + Kevin Farrar's Home Build 2600 in CT

Windseeker-

The options list includes a "Carbon Boom by J. P. Donovan".

No mast?

Quote from the list under, "GP26 standard boat fixed keel":

"Carbon Mast, Boom,Bowsprit by Pauger. Standing Rigging by Pauger and BSI."

The Donovan boom is an optional upgrade the way i read it...

Windseeker-

The options list includes a "Carbon Boom by J. P. Donovan".

No mast?

Quote from the list under, "GP26 standard boat fixed keel":

"Carbon Mast, Boom,Bowsprit by Pauger. Standing Rigging by Pauger and BSI."

The Donovan boom is an optional upgrade the way i read it...

that is correct. Donovan boom is optional. Jim is currently too busy with other projects for committing time for building masts.

Boom is easier.

The qouted boat is complete without sails and electronics otherwise...

Is this not to be marketed as a class boat?

Fixed keel or optional lifting keel............... for 10K extra.

55K sounds to be a pretty good deal though (fixed Keel) at the show. 15k more than a SKUD 18 Paralympic ready, something must be missing.

At the show you can get the lifting keel for the standard price of the fixed keel.

At 55K you could seriously hurt the J70 class. You should make that the standard price forever.

She is purdy :)

55K sounds to be a pretty good deal though (fixed Keel) at the show. 15k more than a SKUD 18 Paralympic ready, something must be missing.

At the show you can get the lifting keel for the standard price of the fixed keel.

At 55K you could seriously hurt the J70 class. You should make that the standard price forever.

Problem: comparing the the J70 to the GP-26

It's not just twice or three times the boat, it's more exponential. You couldn't even see a GP-26 from sitting on a J.

FB- Doug

Problem: comparing the the J70 to the GP-26

It's not just twice or three times the boat, it's more exponential. You couldn't even see a GP-26 from sitting on a J.

FB- Doug

I meant the pricing for such a boat could sway the potential j70 buyer.

An f 280 at about $110K bucks (less sails) or the J70 at around $45k (less sails) makes the D26 look affordable for such a speedster.

Dawg, this boat is an absolute riot to sail. It takes a lot to relieve me of my generally grumpy disposition, and I can't remember the last time I was on a boat that was just genuinely fun to sail, but this boat makes me giggle like a little kid. Holy crap is it fun. I probably have not enjoyed a water toy so much since I learned how to surf.

Dawg, this boat is an absolute riot to sail. It takes a lot to relieve me of my generally grumpy disposition, and I can't remember the last time I was on a boat that was just genuinely fun to sail, but this boat makes me giggle like a little kid. Holy crap is it fun. I probably have not enjoyed a water toy so much since I learned how to surf.

Your grumpy disposition is nothing compared to mine, and you know this from our private emails.

Having said that, If I had some money, I would grab one of these in a heart beat, regardless of the country of origin.

But I am unsure of the Fixed vs lifting keel......................Very Puzzling.

It does not bode well for the future of the class if they even intended one.

Is it a PHRF Sport Boat or will KMSi eventually displace PHRF in the next 10 years?.............I hope so

But, it's a box rule boat, not a class boat, no?

Great price btw.

I wish you the best of luck. I'm currently committed to a different program but that boat looks like a hoot.

Dawg- What's the concern with the keel bring fixed or lifting?

But, it's a box rule boat, not a class boat, no?

Great price btw.

Yea, It's a box rule not a class boat? It will be interesting to see which is faster and people like better.? one could kill the other.

Anyone remember the 1/4 ton class at the Tonne Cup in SD in the 70's and early 80's? i'm feeling old now!

What a time it was with all the back yard boats !!!

Why not have a box rule for sport boats that promotes affordability at the Club Level for offshore racing too?? Trailer-Ability for cheap storage and easy launch/rigging anywhere you want with a ramp.

WraceBoats, I sure would like to see what you could do with something like the Donovan 20.

WraceBoats, I sure would like to see what you could do with something like the Donovan 20.

As far as I know Jim currently have no plans for production run of Donovan20. But if there is enough interest I am sure he and we will be interested in...

We may be close to offer another sporty soon though about 6.50m lenght. If things gets clear, I will be posting for sure on SA Sportboat forum.

Varan, PM me for further info?

Why not have a box rule for sport boats that promotes affordability at the Club Level for offshore racing too?? Trailer-Ability for cheap storage and easy launch/rigging anywhere you want with a ramp.

GP 26 is as close as I've seen to that. Requires a hoist instead of a ramp, but otherwise it meets those standards.

As far as I know Jim currently have no plans for production run of Donovan20. But if there is enough interest I am sure he and we will be interested in...

We may be close to offer another sporty soon though about 6.50m lenght. If things gets clear, I will be posting for sure on SA Sportboat forum.

Varan, PM me for further info?

Intriguing. Please don't be shy about posting updates.

I just brought Brooks Dees GP26 to San Diego from Richmond. She towed great behind my 1/2 ton Expedition, and launched at a yacht club hoist. Couldn't get any simpler.

post-30731-0-68055600-1423853092_thumb.jpgpost-30731-0-31941000-1423853124_thumb.jpg

Sails easily with 2 to 5. and very quick! A fleet of these would be exciting and competitive racing.

post-30731-0-20280700-1423854400_thumb.jpgpost-30731-0-89162200-1423854416_thumb.jpg

Send me a message if you want to see her.

I saw that boat at RYC, looks very nice, wondered what it was.

5 to go...

Looks like We are now 2 shy of 6 with 2 more days to go in the show. Waiting end of the show to firm things up. Most likely there will be test sail opportunity in Miami with no5.

Checked it out yesterday, it is an awesome boat! Design is a mini Volvo 70 that can be sailed by normal people and build quality is nothing short of impressive. Imagine stepping into a top tier TP52, just scaled down and at a price a normal person can afford. If you are interested in sportboats 20-30 ft, this is one to put high on the list! It's on my list now.

Checked it out yesterday, it is an awesome boat! Design is a mini Volvo 70 that can be sailed by normal people and build quality is nothing short of impressive. Imagine stepping into a top tier TP52, just scaled down and at a price a normal person can afford. If you are interested in sportboats 20-30 ft, this is one to put high on the list! It's on my list now.

On list? Or deposit paid ;)

5 to go...

Looks like We are now 2 shy of 6 with 2 more days to go in the show. Waiting end of the show to firm things up. Most likely there will be test sail opportunity in Miami with no5.

Great news Serhad!! It will be great to see this design sailing up and down the east coast!!

What's it rate?

Rating won't matter if we can get our own starts. These boats are a hoot, and very low cost to own operate. Hopefully WRaceboats will get enough orders to build local fleets, and with the trailerability, boats are very mobile to travel to where there are enough boats to have their own fleet.

What's it rate?

Rating won't matter if we can get our own starts. These boats are a hoot, and very low cost to own operate. Hopefully WRaceboats will get enough orders to build local fleets, and with the trailerability, boats are very mobile to travel to where there are enough boats to have their own fleet.

It's going to have to viable as a local racer if the fleets are going to have the chance to build. I'd be interested to see how it will rate relative to boats like the Antrim 27, M24, etc.

What's it rate?

It's going to have to viable as a local racer if the fleets are going to have the chance to build. I'd be interested to see how it will rate relative to boats like the Antrim 27, M24, etc.

2605 Rates 75 in Southeast FL, 81 in East CT. Go for the test sail, but be warned, it is like gong to a bar and having only one beer; you will want to enjoy it more than just that once.

people are on list now. Waiting for end of the show to firm things. Lets see how it will all work out.

people are on list now. Waiting for end of the show to firm things. Lets see how it will all work out.

Hope it goes well for you and the new owners/class. Nice looking boat and reviews in the thread so far.

What's it rate?

So Cal PHRF was not so kind to the Dees GP26. Rates 69 bouy, 48 rlc, 42 offwind. PHRF Northern California had it at a 78 bouy, 48 offwind, and no rlc #. Rating review is in the future.

Antrim 27=87, 69, 60

Melges24=90, 66, 60

Pithy rates 81 in ECSA. They started at 69 too but that was obviously a ridiculous number. I think it'll settle in pretty close to 81 - 84

I just brought Brooks Dees GP26 to San Diego from Richmond. She towed great behind my 1/2 ton Expedition, and launched at a yacht club hoist. Couldn't get any simpler.

attachicon.gifArrive in San Diego2.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0876.JPG

Sails easily with 2 to 5. and very quick! A fleet of these would be exciting and competitive racing.

attachicon.gifDay 1 in San Diego2.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0879.JPG

what a great looking boat for such a good price. how much is expected to be spent on sails and electronics for these things ? just ballpark ?

what a great looking boat for such a good price. how much is expected to be spent on sails and electronics for these things ? just ballpark ?
price list with options for wraceboats GP26 @ www.wraceboats.com

Windseeker price list is very complete, and with the incredible price offered, it is a lot of bang for the buck for a new boat!

So Cal PHRF was not so kind to the Dees GP26. Rates 69 bouy, 48 rlc, 42 offwind. PHRF Northern California had it at a 78 bouy, 48 offwind, and no rlc #. Rating review is in the future.

Antrim 27=87, 69, 60

Melges24=90, 66, 60

So Cal PHRF is too political and run by the blue blazer crowd.

Heaven forbid we have a new affordable fun to sail and trailerable boat for the Middle Class to have fun with.

Someone might beat someone with an overpriced Beneteau.

Having said that I am impressed except the cockpit shot. either that guy is big or the photo really compressed things.

From a distance the cockpit looks big but the close up shot it looks much smaller and the finish on that box looks cheesy.

I'd buy one if I had an extra $75K/$80K (the real cost).

Antrim 27=87, 69, 60

Melges24=90, 66, 60

So Cal PHRF is too political and run by the blue blazer crowd.

Heaven forbid we have a new affordable fun to sail and trailerable boat for the Middle Class to have fun with.

Someone might beat someone with an overpriced Beneteau.

Having said that I am impressed except the cockpit shot. either that guy is big or the photo really compressed things.

From a distance the cockpit looks big but the close up shot it looks much smaller and the finish on that box looks cheesy.

I'd buy one if I had an extra $75K/$80K (the real cost).

She's a one off, launched in 2008, and having sailed her with 5 adults, there's plenty of room. Have you been on one? The box has a couple paint runs, but they don't affect performance! Everybody I've had on the boat is impressed with the ease of handling, performance, and amount of fun it is. Join the GP fleet to have some real fun. I hope you didn't miss your chance to get in on the special order deal that Windseeker offered. That probably won't come around again.

We wrapped up the Miami Strictly Sail Show with 6 people on the list. With One paid, we are waiting till end of the month to get 5 more checks.

There will be trail sails in Biscane Bay Yacht Club. Interested parties should contact Jim Donovan for arranging an outing.

Potential Owners: 2 in Great Lakes, 1 in Florida Miami area, 1 Midwest, 1 in MD, and 1 UK Boat to be raced in Florida...

Looks like the fleet in East coast is growing. I am wishing owners take their boats south to Florida during winter... they surely will enjoy the winter racing in Florida. It is nice here windy, sunny and warm here now :) ...

Huge thanks to Cliff, Jim, Ezra, BC Dan, Dave.

We wrapped up the Miami Strictly Sail Show with 6 people on the list. With One paid, we are waiting till end of the month to get 5 more checks.

There will be trail sails in Biscane Bay Yacht Club. Interested parties should contact Jim Donovan for arranging an outing.

Potential Owners: 2 in Great Lakes, 1 in Florida Miami area, 1 Midwest, 1 in MD, and 1 UK Boat to be raced in Florida...

Looks like the fleet in East coast is growing. I am wishing owners take their boats south to Florida during winter... they surely will enjoy the winter racing in Florida. It is nice here windy, sunny and warm here now :) ...

Huge thanks to Cliff, Jim, Ezra, BC Dan, Dave.

and we received Best Boat under 30Ft award from the Show Organisation...

Congrats to all of this year's 'Best of Show' award recipients at ‪#‎StrictlySailMiami‬!

Best Boat Under 30’ - W Raceboat GP26 (Mag Marin) - Pier B

post-46969-0-31321700-1424356096_thumb.jpg

We have one 10% production slot installment paid, 2 deposit checks on the offer received, and one long time potential client looking at the agreement to send his production slot payment.

Eventhough we fall short of the 6 order target, The Offer still holds for the above so we will go into production in March with 4 orders from Miami Show.

Meanwhile, hull4 in transit is about to arrive in Long Beach.

Gladly the slowdown is over. But because of the backlog it may take a little longer than anticipated to clear the customs.

The Fleet of Donovan GP26s in USA is reaching double digits with Kevin Farrar's one off in 2015.

Here is hull No8 getting patterns done for Raptor Deck. With Jim Donovan in the yard for checking some other details about the furler and the engine installation.

2608 has lifting keel, rudder, inboard diesel engine so not a Class boat.

Expected to be shipped within a month for summer sailing in Detroit and winter sailing in Florida.

post-46969-0-50048600-1435582399_thumb.jpg

Nice looking boat! 2 quick questions:

1) is it ramp launchable with the lifting keel?

2) once the lifting keel is down and in-place, is there any differences below the waterline/foils? IOW - is there a significant disadvantage to the lifting keel version in terms of being competitive with the fixed keel versions?

Ramp launch is not easy as we kept the keel in the cabin when lifted so there is still some keel (about 80cms) below the hull when it is lifted all the way.

The 2 owners whom Jim designed the lifting keel wanted to Dry sail the boat but had limited depth from where they launch the boat.

But there are some advantages...

1- the boat can be locked on trailer with lifted keel

2- boat can be steered with motor with keel lifted.

3- the lifting mechanism can stay in the boat as it is...

No difference in foils with fixed keel. No disadvantage...

Need more info? pls PM.

thx