• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Bob Perry

My newest project

53 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Questioning the decisions these folks make is either just plain stupid or it's trolling.  I suspect that trolling is a good part of the criticisms here.

4 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

I am continually puzzled by the lack of ability by some to understand the nature of custom design. Proa's silly comments on the sink are a perfect example as are Overlay's criticisms. Features they don't get are features required by the client. It is not my job to give the client the boat I want. My job is to give the client the boat he or she wants. They just don't get it!

It's not difficult for most of us but I suspect no amount of explaining would help either of them. You can't understand if you don't want to understand.

It's neither stupid nor trolling, it's simply expressing a difference of opinion.  We all have that right.  Got it?  Now fuck off.

Calm down Proa. Why criticize the sink my client designed for himself. He couldn't care less what you think about the sink. This is a custom boat. This boat has nothing to do with what you think is "better".

I fucketh off not. Get used to it.

Beer:

ND is Nessun dorma the first two words of the famous Puccini aria from TURANDOT. It translates to "nobody sleeps". Considered by many the greatest tenor aria ever written.

On 8/30/2017 at 7:15 PM, Bob Perry said:

I am more "poke he dog with a stick": type.

Stop doing that Bob.  I couldn't care less what you what you or your client think about my opinion, OK?  I'll say what I want anyway.  Fuck off.

Hey Proa, you sound a little pissed off since BP asked you to stop fucking around with Kim's powerboat plans without permission. 

You didn't impress my with the fanned fret layout from a couple months ago. That work has already been done and there are templates for that so no sense creating another. It would have been impressive if you made the fretboard layout the old fashioned way and told him "that's what you're getting, now fuckoff!"

As far as the folded stuff you showed us It looked impressive even though I didn't know what it was good for. You may have done it for a client and not yourself. 

If so, you'd understand the correlation to that odd sink design. We don't need to agree that in a multi- million dollar project there are things the checkbook is going to get period.

Heres what I think a sink counter Combo should look like. It also fits the budget of the new owner.;)

IMG_5607.JPG

Beer:

In the carbon cutter there is a very big counter top aft of the stove. It's the top of the refer. It's not like we don't have counter. And if my hunch is correct the big sink will work just like a counter much of the time with a really high fiddle. With this sink you can wash your dishes and not have to remove the things you have stashed in the sink so they don;t fall off the counter. This will work but I suspect some would have to live with it a while to see the benefits. If Proa understood I'd be worried!

the sheerline is a work of art, the rest also but that feature really stands out ... the galley not so much but senor Perry has a point when saying this is what the customer wants... but then on the other hand it also says something about the intended use, secret up to now (and fun) but some of the details tell something

1 minute ago, Albatros said:

the sheerline is a work of art, the rest also but that feature really stands out ... the galley not so much but senor Perry has a point when saying this is what the customer wants... but then on the other hand it also says something about the intended use, secret up to now (and fun) but some of the details tell something

Alby:

I wanted a split sink but still a sink that covered the entire counter top. I think some of you can't see the practicality of something you have never used before. Give it some time. I'll tell you if it works or not. If not then we will make the next sink different. This is not an off the shelf sink. I'm interested in your intended use theory.

i am really not up to speed here in respect of personalities and opinions,   but is this  Proa  person  the same as Brent Swain...?....a sock puppet perhaps?   Or is it just coincidence they are equally ill mannered even by SA standards ?   

1 minute ago, Bob Perry said:

I wanted a split sink but still a sink that covered the entire counter top. I think some of you can't see the practicality of something you have never used before. Give it some time. I'll tell you if it works or not. If not then we will make the next sink different. This is not an off the shelf sink. I'm interested in your intended use theory.

problem I have with the galley is not the sink, that one is functional,  but the lack of working space, that's also my pet peeve on my own yacht but then mine is only a 29.5 footer ...on a 40plus beauty I would have wanted a bit more, but as said, it's what the customer wants and it tells me there will be a lot of readymade cooking going on.

Rejected:

Not the same person. I'm not a psychiatrist so I can't comment the similarities of their "issues". Both seem chronically uptight.

For me? It's a beautiful sunny day here. I have two crab pots out. This is the last weekend for crabbing. I'll do some laundry. I'll watch some golf. I've already been fishing. I'll listen to CBC2 Saturday Afternoon at the Opera and I'll work hard at accomplishing nothing.

I know Bob, I was using the pic to illustrate to Proa that you have provided the counter space that he's bitching about. You have the same amount of counter space on the refer as that production boat. I like the deep sink personally, so this guy can wash his carbon fiber dishes and cutlery if he so chooses

27 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

If Proa understood I'd be worried!

You'll never have to worry about that!

Alby:

Look at the drawing.

I agree that you can never have too much counter space. But I consider the big sink "counter space" that's the point. In addition to that notice the large counter space aft of the stove.

Then there is this. My client does not cook. He micro waves. He does own a complete, lavish commercial; kitchen but he does not cook. I cooked in it when I was there. It was fun. On board he will micro wave. I'm very good at galleys. This one will be fine and yes I understand why seeing something for the first time makes it hard to appreciate the thought behind it. I went through that with the Valiant 40.

A8_zpsikw1skug.jpg

Ooh, speculation time!  Here's my guess; 

I seem to recall an engine-driven scuba compressor; Mr Lucky wants to dive the world and the big sink will work well for cleaning exotic seafood. 

During the Sliver project someone asked (on another website) why I was building such "a stupid boat, worst of both worlds, neither a multihull or a monohull..."

I answered: "Because I want to, when you build your custom vessel you get to do what you want."

Custom vessels are very personal, we build what we want to build the way we want it. (I never expected she would appeal to the masses.)

BTW, she is exactly what I'm was seeking, she does everything I was hoping she would do, only she does it much better than I had dared to hope.

That's the nature of a custom one off design, just for one person's desire; if you like it fine, if you don't like it, well that's fine too, she was not designed and built for you.

You are all welcomed to your opinions just as I am to mine. Cheers!

1 hour ago, kimbottles said:

if you like it fine, if you don't like it, well that's fine too, she was not designed and built for you.

You are all welcomed to your opinions just as I am to mine. Cheers!

Thank you Kim.  That seems obvious to reasonable men but it's not OK with BP.  Expressing a different opinion/POV is taken as personal attack and usually responded to with derision and malicious, deluded vengeance, in fact.

Big sinks are great for holding critters. Just hope Mr Lucky's cooking skills extend to boiling. Microwaved crayfish/lobster/homard seems like a crime against nature.

IMG_1005.JPG

47 minutes ago, ProaSailor said:

Thank you Kim.  That seems obvious to reasonable men but it's not OK with BP.  Expressing a different opinion/POV is taken as personal attack and usually responded to with derision and malicious, deluded vengeance, in fact.

My comments were not addressed to you. They were intended to be generic. I have no problem with Bob expressing his opinion.

9 minutes ago, kimbottles said:

My comments were not addressed to you. They were intended to be generic. I have no problem with Bob expressing his opinion.

Huh?

9 minutes ago, kimbottles said:

A8_zpsikw1skug.jpg

1 hour ago, ProaSailor said:

Take a deep breath Proa.  What are you really trying to say? Speak English.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:56 AM, Bob Perry said:

Kiwanda:

Rig goes in next Tuesday so I suspect launch will be at least a week from then. But I will post here when I know. You are most welcome at the launch. Launch will be right next to the yard. Pretty sure Travel lift has not been scheduled yet.

WooHoo. The big day is close, now.  How exciting for you all.

I bet even Ruby is getting excited.

On 9/2/2017 at 5:55 AM, ProaSailor said:

Stop doing that Bob.  I couldn't care less what you what you or your client think about my opinion, OK?  I'll say what I want anyway.  Fuck off.

Why?  What do you get out of that?  Do you think you have an audience here?

On 9/2/2017 at 7:08 PM, Bob Perry said:

Take a deep breath Proa.  What are you really trying to say? Speak English.

It appears he is pretending the victim hence his attempted  modesty.  Come to think about it - maybe it is not an attempt at modesty  - more likely he has much to be modest about

On 9/2/2017 at 6:55 PM, kimbottles said:

Well my comments were addressed to you, Kim, and I'll say it again: thank you for advocating common decency and a "live and let live" attitude.  Unfortunately, that does NOT go without saying around here.  Bully Bob Perry's "poke the dog with a stick" trash talk sets the vicious tone.  And the kiss asses pile on.

7 hours ago, Kiwanda said:

It appears he is pretending the victim hence his attempted  modesty.  Come to think about it - maybe it is not an attempt at modesty  - more likely he has much to be modest about

WTF?  Did your wife laugh at you today?  Ignore for you too.

Kids Ass here. You make it easy to bash on you. Go redraw and rehash some more work of other people and show us again. We like to see that stuff.

Now get back to delivering auto parts!

It's Wednesday here (which means that I have waited a whole extra day for the boat to be splashed :P), so am looking forward to seeing some pictures soon, please... (assuming that everything has gone to plan and gone well, which I am sure it did).

Stu

Stu:

Not quite yet. Today, our Tuesday, the mast went in. It was a big day. Transit sighting are used to get dimensions to insure the rod rigging will fit but this is an area where there are frequent discrepancies. But, hand it to my buddy at the yard Neiil, everything went smooth as a baby's butt.

Crane showed up a bit early. I got there 15 minutes later and things were happening. Robert Flowerman aka Mr. Flowers, was working with Jim Betts to coordinate the process. Robert willbe the Sailing Master of hull no. 1.

I was a bit surprised to see how stiff the stick was as it was tipped up 90 degs. It slid in with almost no effort and in a  couple of minutes it was on the step. Rigging was attached. Neil breathed a sigh of relief that everything fit perfectly. Tne followed  a half hour of men with tools, twisting things and standing back with  serious looks. With side shrouds attached headstay and inner forestay were temporarily attached and backstays got similar treatment awaiting their hydraulic cylinders.  Mast jacks were pumped up to 850 PSI.

Then  the boom went on. By this time everyone was feeling pretty good. Except for Someone Else who showed up but was severely under the weather. He's a trooper. I'll say that. The rest of us did some di rigeur strutting around in a self satisfied manner.

Jim is hoping to launch the end of this week or early next week.

Men mucking around with boats. Hard to beat.

Here is Veeger taking a look see.

Boatyard worker bee swarm.

The ever present supervisor checking the rake angle.

Here are a few more pics from today. Maybe you had to have been there.

Robert and Jim making grunting noises. Note the halyard lock track on the mast.

Tall mast ! 

Nitpick: swept back spreader rig on classic cutter.......mmmmmm (envious nitpick) 

ain't not much else out there finer than doodling around with new boats!

Well done.

Glad Verger got there to help with the mast stepping

Somebody Else: "Ain't nobody got time for that!" You might get Bronchitits!

Bob, the boat looks awesome! 

Boy she sure is pretty Bob.

Almost tempted to make a trip up to visit my folks and stop by for a gander. Cant wait to see her in the water.

Any pearls of wisdom on the spreader mounted radar vs elsewhere?

Vibro:

No pearls. I drew it on the mast initially. I discussed the option of a radar mast aft. In the end this is where the client wanted it. I have no problem with it.

Let me know if you are going to be in the area. Maybe I can get you out on the boat.

Bob, how does this rig compare with something like a farr40 for measurements? It looks tall, and higher aspect than you would traditionally see on a full keel yacht. 

Ranty:

Does not compare at all for several reasons. This is a 35,000 lb. boat. Frankie is 19,500 lbs. We never even discussed the Farr rig for this boat. This is a very different rig in many ways. To begin with it's masthead. Entirely different animal. It might surprise you that the SA/D for the carbon cutters is the same as the Valiant 40, 17.5, quite modest by today's standards.

Happy Belated Labor Day Bob!!!

Also, thank you again for sharing the "Fruits of Your Labor" with us...

Speaking of the Valiant 40... there was a pristine example (#273, IIRC) moored next to me this weekend in Northport Harbor, NY.  When we were picked up by the launch to go in for lunch, it turned out to be our launch drivers boat.  He had been out the day before single handing it in 20-25knots and spent the long passage to Seymour's singing the praises for your design. 

The Cutter looks amazing!  

Congratulations!

fs

16 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Here are a few more pics from today. Maybe you had to have been there.

Robert and Jim making grunting noises. Note the halyard lock track on the mast.

A question from a Stone Age Sailor: can someone explain the "halyard lock track" on the mast? 

Sure horse:

I suspect others may also be asking the same question.

Because the headsail will live on a roller furler there is little sense in having all that halyard just living on the mast while the sail is up for months. We use a short length of track with an adjustable car so that the halyard can be dead ended on that car and the tail removed and stowed. The car allows for further halyard tension adjustment without the tail.

Page 112 in the 2017 Harken catalog.

I'll try and get a better photo of it on Friday. It is a common feature today on larger boats.

Thanks - and is that the device in the second photo, with a winch handle socket, which I thought was a fancy device for up and downing the inboard end of a pole, or the one in the third photo? Not found in the UK Harken catalogue btw - we must be too backward a market . . .

Horse:

Right. That is the track for the spin pole adjustment.

Maybe go line for the Harken site. Harken was a big help on this project. I have worked with those guys extensively for 40 years.

31 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Horse:

Right. That is the track for the spin pole adjustment.

Maybe go line for the Harken site. Harken was a big help on this project. I have worked with those guys extensively for 40 years.

That sure does look like an Antal system: http://www.antal.it/eng/623-422_en

49 minutes ago, A horse, of course said:

Thanks - and is that the device in the second photo, with a winch handle socket, which I thought was a fancy device for up and downing the inboard end of a pole, or the one in the third photo? Not found in the UK Harken catalogue btw - we must be too backward a market . . .

It's an Antal manual line driver, that's why you can't find it in the Harken site: http://antal.it/ENG/240-010_en 

Don't think so but I can double check on Friday. Offshore Spar specs I have say Harken.

I think you are confused. We are talking about two different tracks: One for spin pole and the other for the halyard lock. Harken 2017 catalog page 212.

(I'm Cross posting from the other cutters thread as a realized after posting that this thread was where the mast rigging discussion was going on)

Bob,

Looking real good man! I know I'd definitely stop at the dock and check this beauty out, for a while.

Harken also makes a halyard lock that is tripped open/shut at the top of the mast that is being used on some smaller sportboats such as the C&C 30. The thinking is that it eases unnecessary compression of the mast.

Very interested in how these boats will perform. Did I read on one of the  threads that there will be an aluminum mast among the carbon masts? If so, it'll be interesting for Mr. Lucky to find the differences, both performance and comfort (yaw, pitch etc not only heel and polars). 

Good luck the rest of the way through the build and launch of all four of these gems!!

3 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Because the headsail will live on a roller furler there is little sense in having all that halyard just living on the mast while the sail is up for months.

I've been thinking of doing something similar with my jib halyard, for the same reasons.

In my case, what I'm pondering is a two-part halyard - the working part long enough to get through the stopper and around the winch, and then a tail that I can remove and stow.

The thing that's keeping me from doing it is the question of how to connect the two when raising the sail.  There's not a ton of load, but enough that a couple of loops of tag-line between two reaving loops would make me nervous, but a dyneema soft-shackle wouldn't make it through the sheave-box and mast exit.

Any details about how they connect the two parts on the jib halyard for the 4CCs?

IMG_20170906_123223435_zpsjmhfzpyg.jpg

Someday I'll own a real camera because cell phone pics just do not do justice.

(Plus the smoke from the fires in Eastern Washington aren't helping with the picture quality).

Bob,

I did a quick white balance in Adobe Elements on the nearest photo of the CCutter to a profile. Doing a WB on your camera as in the link earlier would do the same thing hopefully.

lDbK7Qt.png

You see any difference?

Yes, sounds like you are on full auto. Do you have a Canon? Look for the WB button on the back and push it and you will see the options for lighting pop up in the screen. It will probably say auto there too. Switch to custom and point the camera at the whitest white sheet of drawing paper or boat  hull at hand and push the shutter release and it will take the ambient light reflected off you white sample and adjust for the current lighting. No a big deal. Be sure to switch back to auto after any weird smoky shoot like the other day.

Rasper:

I have two Canon EOS 50D bodies. Boomer was trying to turn me into Grizzly Adams, you know that famous nature photographer. I have lenses coming out of my ears. I only use one. I do not see a command for "lighting". I don't see "custom". I do see a lot of shit I have no idea about!

13 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Rasper:

I have two Canon EOS 50D bodies. Boomer was trying to turn me into Grizzly Adams, you know that famous nature photographer. I have lenses coming out of my ears. I only use one. I do not see a command for "lighting". I don't see "custom". I do see a lot of shit I have no idea about!

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8200330200.html

35 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

Rasper:

Here's the manual:  http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300001591/02/eos50d-h2-en.pdf

On page 71, they describe the white balance feature.  It starts with one of the little buttons on top near the small lcd display.

Sounds like they give you a list to choose from; one of the options on that list is 'custom'. 

32 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

DDW:

Yes, of course I do. I had to have that for the weight study. Bare tube weight is 319 lbs. All set up weight is 618 lbs.

WOW! That's much more than FRANCIS' rig! That must be a stout tube!

Kim:

The big difference is Rm. Take that beam and 35,000 lbs of displ and you get a hefty Rm.

A comparable alu stick would have weighed about 6.7 lbs per foot. Our carbon stick weighs 5.06 per ft.

Factor in that we did not want to need runners. And overall we did not want a stick hat needed a lot of attention while sailing.

When the crane picked up the stick initially I was amazed at how little flex there was in the tube. I had expected some but I saw almost none. It's a stout stick.

I'm surprised the weights of the spars are that close.

I had the idea that carbon weighed more like 1/2 the comparable aluminium spar.

Jon:

I use a 50% of alu weight as an estimate when comparing alu to carbon but that's just an estimate. In this case Offshore Spars chose to build a stout stick in keeping with the overall nature of the design. The engineering is theirs. Given our 35,000 lb. displ and extra low VCG there was not much to gain from a light stick. As is we have a VCG 1.67' below the DWL. This is unheard of for this type of boat.

I keep trying to explain to you guys that there has never been a cruising boat quite like this one.

1 hour ago, Bob Perry said:

DDW:

Yes, of course I do. I had to have that for the weight study. Bare tube weight is 319 lbs. All set up weight is 618 lbs.

Thanks. All set up includes standing rigging and boom?

It's probably buried back in the thread somewhere, but what is max righting moment from hydrostatics?

I hope the boat is sailing when I return in a couple weeks.

5 hours ago, sledracr said:

I've been thinking of doing something similar with my jib halyard, for the same reasons.

In my case, what I'm pondering is a two-part halyard - the working part long enough to get through the stopper and around the winch, and then a tail that I can remove and stow.

The thing that's keeping me from doing it is the question of how to connect the two when raising the sail.  There's not a ton of load, but enough that a couple of loops of tag-line between two reaving loops would make me nervous, but a dyneema soft-shackle wouldn't make it through the sheave-box and mast exit.

Any details about how they connect the two parts on the jib halyard for the 4CCs?

I had this system on both headsails on the custom 64' Dubios I ran fotr a couple of years. The two halyard ends had eye splices, and were lashed together with many passes of 1/8" dynema. It was a bit lumpy going thru mast exit, but not hard, just had to rotate the joint a little to get it thru. The boat had glystein rope halyards, a core of spetra then two layers of cover. Normal in older boats to get halyard size bulked up to fit self tailers. With a normal spectra halyard with a single cover, if  only the spectra formed the eye, the lump would be much skinnier, & should pass thru easily.

The joint needs to be made with small stuff, so that the eye can be pushed over the horn on the car, and the lashing removed.

I hope that beautiful boat isn't getting covering in ash like mine is in Tacoma.  Spent 3 hours cleaning it on Friday and its trashed again.  Damn forest fires.

DDW:

Standing rigging yes. Headsail furler and running rigging yes.  Boom no. There was the weight from Offshore and there was a weight that I came up with trying to account for the things I though Offshore left off. Like winches, etc.

I'll keep the Rm to myself. Can't just give all my hard work away. Someday maybe. I have probably blurted it out at some point in  the thread.

Pretty sure I posted the hull lines. Rm would be on that drawing if I'm not mistaken. Could be a prelim Rm though, pre weight study Rm. Meaning a guess at the VCG. You have to start somewhere.

Longy:

Thanks. I'll see what we have there on Friday.

14 hours ago, longy said:

The two halyard ends had eye splices, and were lashed together with many passes of 1/8" dynema.

Thanks, Longy...

current halyard is 3/8" and I don't think there's any way I'd get eye-splices through without headaches, so my current thought is to go down a size - probably 5/16" VPC - put cover-only reeving loops in each end, buried at least 6" and then lockstitched.  With the two eyes lashed together using some dyneema cord, I "think" that would be strong enough to get the sail up and the working part on the winch.  Thoughts?

3/8" what? I would not trust cover only to have enuff strength to hoist sail if any load was present. I'd stick to a bare core only loop. The setup I worked with I would have to rotate the joint slightly to get it thru the slot, but at that point of the hoist there was not much load on halyard (3 -4' of hoist to go). I would have about 5 - 6" between the two loops, so there were two small lumps instead of one big rigid one.

Current jib halyard is 3/8" Samson XLT (4600# claimed breaking strength).  I'm thinking of going with 5/16" VPC (5500#).

This is for a 135% jib on a furler on a 9500# plastic-classic (Ericson 32-III).  And, yeah, as you say there isn't much load until there is only 3-4' of hoist to go, at which point the loops will be out of the mast, through the stopper and past the winch.

If I do a "fake splice" (core-only loop, tapered and buried, with just enough cover left on to protect it.... probably siezed at the throat and lockstitched for good measure...) is that likely to be strong enough to get me to that "3-4 feet of hoist left" place without worries?

sledracr: I would use a dyneema core line for the halyard and strip the cover at the winch side eye splice.  If you use 5/16" rope this will give you a 4mm core leaving a small eyesplice.  You could splice in 3mm if you needed smaller.  Even 1/4" would handle your jib loads. 

You can run the cover all the way to the eye and bury it back just behind the eye, it is an annoying splice to do but looks great. I just made some jib sheets this way. 

You can make soft shackles out of 2mm dyneema that will fit around your sheaves and handle hand level loads (no winching).  I use a piece of 24awg wire (cat-5) or a whipping needle as a fid.  The diamond knots end up tiny on these soft shackles. 

No problem at all Sled. This is exactly what is going on today at the yard. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow on tios detail Neil Racicot's wife is an expert at anything to do with line. I suspect she may be doing this. Just one more detail in a list of 10,000.

The only issue with the VPC or XLT I see is the cores are loosely braided & soft, so a eye splice of exposed core would snag/pull strings or otherwise get screwed up. If coated with samthane or equivalent would be fine. Or low cost heat shrink over that core only section.

Boatyard today. I thought it would be a nice way to end the week.

Hydraulics backstays on. Headstay and inner forestay on. North sails arrived today. Seachest is working, engine running.

Everyone has been asking" When will it get wet?" It rained this morning. The boat was wet. I made the crew wipe it down. Can't have my boat all wet! Really!

The goody wagon:

7 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

Out of the ballpark, Bob!

Interesting detail: no name or home port marked on the boat yet?

The guy with the spray can didn't show up.

6 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Can I just have 4 minutes, alone with the boat?

I'll need a cigarette afterwards.

Alpha:

Nope. We have made guesses at potential names but nothing from owner yet. As for home port, one will be here at least. I don't care at all about name and port. I just want to se the boat in the water.

Bargers:

Thanks.  At this stage I am sort of a bit player in the drama. It's all up to the yard guys now to get all the details working. But I do enjoy watching. And yes, I feel pretty good about the boat. Just waiting to see how it looks in the water and then how it performs. We are on the ten yard line now. Goal is in sight.

Better job sith the WB Bob, or that rain washed out some of the smoke... Thanks as always for the photos. Rig looks perfectly proportioned even with the boat out of the water. The telling moment will be when the boat sits on her lines and all that underbody and keel is masked by the water.

Rasper: I agree on the photo quality. Thanks for that tip. The rain did wash some of the smoke away. It's raining again now. I like it. Pretty soon I can put on a wooly shirt and all will be right with the world.

2 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Should be a fun day with this 11 year old. The kid is amazing. Look out Will Porter!

Matt

That kid looks like he reads books too and doesn't just look at his phone. :D