Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A guy in the Chesapeake

Shoot or Don't Shoot?

There have been a few of these recently. Pretty awesome to see the civil rights leaders change their minds and voice their thoughts on how difficult the fast decisions are to make.

There have been a few of these recently. Pretty awesome to see the civil rights leaders change their minds and voice their thoughts on how difficult the fast decisions are to make.

The perspective is indeed more meaningful expressed by those who thought they knew and realize now that they didn't. Nobody knows how they'll react to being scared and shot at 'til it happens, and many then are surprised by how they feel and what they do.

“Also, we have to teach our community that, even if you disagree with the officer, do not try to litigate with them on the spot," he added. "Live to see another day. Don’t let our pride get in the way. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up.”

Great advice......wish there was a lot more of it being echoed by leaders.

“I walked away with a few things,” Quanell said “Many of these officers do not have adequate training and they should not be patrolling by themselves. Having backup would stop them from being skittish and firing their weapon.

Great observation. Two person cars? More cars on the road? Those are how you get more or quicker backup. Now all you need is the $$$.

I'm very impressed at the effort and honesty of the activists here. These guys are apparently looking for solutions for their community. In stark contrast to this guy............

Arpaio said he has extended a standing invitation to Rev. Al Sharpton to come to Maricopa County to complete the exercises.

“I’ve only heard from his people, who said, ‘We’ll look into it,’” he said.

Guest Dabnis

Some may see things differently after walking in an officer's shoes? I doubt that Sharpton wants anything to change.

Dabs

What I find most curious is that these fellows didn't try and game the system. They knew this was all a simulation. As such they could have backed off, goy decent separation, tried to deflect the onrushing "perp". They could have done a number of things because they knew it was only a drill..... yet they still fired.

Great observation. Two person cars? More cars on the road? Those are how you get more or quicker backup. Now all you need is the $$$.

More cops are a great idea.

I have plenty of good suggestions about where to cut in order to fund it.

You and your elk have not been fans in the past however.

Unreal that it was Quanell X in the sim. I hope it made a lasting impression on him. I hope he's able to moderate the New Black Panthers in Texas.

“Also, we have to teach our community that, even if you disagree with the officer, do not try to litigate with them on the spot," he added. "Live to see another day. Don’t let our pride get in the way. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up.”

“I walked away with a few things,” Quanell said “Many of these officers do not have adequate training and they should not be patrolling by themselves. Having backup would stop them from being skittish and firing their weapon.

I'm very impressed at the effort and honesty of the activists here. These guys are apparently looking for solutions for their community. In stark contrast to this guy............

Arpaio said he has extended a standing invitation to Rev. Al Sharpton to come to Maricopa County to complete the exercises.

That's always been a main part of "The Talk". I haven't heard of these "Black Panthers" before. There was a small batch of "New Black Panthers" in Philly, just one small batch of silly people Bobby Seal completely and utterly disavowed. This is supposedly about "black leaders" calling themselves "Black Panthers" who apparently are unaware of "The Talk". Does not pass the sniff test.

They found a couple of ignorant people and labeled them "leaders". The idea Fox wishes to convey is the only problem is black ignorance, the police always act appropriately and a trained perfectly. That kind of training can create officers who shoot extremely quick or shoot extremely slow, all depends on the selection of scenarios.

That's always been a main part of "The Talk". I haven't heard of these "Black Panthers" before. There was a small batch of "New Black Panthers" in Philly, just one small batch of silly people Bobby Seal completely and utterly disavowed. This is supposedly about "black leaders" calling themselves "Black Panthers" who apparently are unaware of "The Talk". Does not pass the sniff test.

They found a couple of ignorant people and labeled them "leaders". The idea Fox wishes to convey is the only problem is black ignorance, the police always act appropriately and a trained perfectly. That kind of training can create officers who shoot extremely quick or shoot extremely slow, all depends on the selection of scenarios.

Got it. These are not the black leaders you're looking for. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Actually, it was a considered, respectful and well thought out speech. A bit "LE is bad" but he did put in balance and overall defend the cops. Depending how you feel on the subject, you might agree or disagree with his overall focus but the facts don't lie - far too many young black men don't survive a run in with the cops. Getting through to both sides is important. Doing it without forcing police on the front lines to unduly risk their lives by hesitating at a life or death moment is also important.

Don't have the solution but a dialog is a good start. Not that that will happen here.

You haven't gotten it - See the Comey tape. He does.

It's here for those who missed it. http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=163767&p=4841759

If you care about this issue, spend the time to watch this.

Didn't watch it all, but my impression was that he basically threw law enforcement "under the bus", just my opinion.

Dabs

You should watch it through the end, much of what you're looking for is in the last few minutes as I recall.

Actually, it was a considered, respectful and well thought out speech. A bit "LE is bad" but he did put in balance and overall defend the cops. Depending how you feel on the subject, you might agree or disagree with his overall focus but the facts don't lie - far too many young black men don't survive a run in with the cops. Getting through to both sides is important. Doing it without forcing police on the front lines to unduly risk their lives by hesitating at a life or death moment is also important.

Don't have the solution but a dialog is a good start. Not that that will happen here.

I agree with the facts. But I'm not sure that dialog alone is going to solve it. I think far too many people think its a chicken or egg thing, i.e. cops are rough because its a warzone out there woth scumbags trying to kill them at every turn and on the other side the citizens fight back because the cops are disrespectful to them. But I don't think it is a chicken or egg thing.

Far too many people believe that if only cops were nicer and more respectful that suddenly all these shitbirds would calm down and obey lawful orders. But I think its the other way around. If these shitbirds that cops come into contact with daily hourly didn't show so much attitude and stop making threatening moves and overtly aggressive behavior toward cops - there would be a lot less, by orders of magnitude, dead black men. I think skittish and aggressive cops are a reaction to the aggressiveness that they deal with every day towards them, not because they just don't like black people. I find the racist aspect of it to be insulting. If the inner cities were predominantly poor white trash slinging meth and gang-banging to protect turf and attacking cops while they sat in their cruser after being told to get off middle of the street - it would be poor white trash that would be being shot.

End the war on drugs and you would see a lot of this disappear.....

You're projecting a bit with that comment, Mark. My understanding of the intent of the article was to share w/non-cops that even with training, in safe training environments, that it's tough to always get it right.

You have a perception on this topic that I don't understand, but, in this case, I categorically disagree with your conclusion.

Jeff's specialty: the squeeky-clean choirboy solo:

I agree with the facts...

Far too many people believe that if only cops were nicer and more respectful that suddenly all these shitbirds would calm down and obey lawful orders. But I think its the other way around. If these shitbirds that cops come into contact with daily hourly didn't show so much attitude and stop making threatening moves and overtly aggressive behavior toward cops - there would be a lot less, by orders of magnitude, dead black men. I think skittish and aggressive cops are a reaction to the aggressiveness that they deal with every day towards them, not because they just don't like black people. I find the racist aspect of it to be insulting. If the inner cities were predominantly poor white trash slinging meth and gang-banging to protect turf and attacking cops while they sat in their cruser after being told to get off middle of the street - it would be poor white trash that would be being shot.

Eureka. Jeff and I are finally in agreement about two things. I like facts, too, and "I find the racist aspect to be insulting" as well.

Jeffie's Gangbanger Research, INC. (chronological)

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number One:

How would you folks remodel the NRA?....

Posted by JBSF on 03 May 2013 - 10:49 PM in Political Anarchy

But you continually rail on about the supposed "gun culture" as if people like me, and CF, and AGITC, and LenP and Sarosa and Tom Ray, etc have ANYTHING in common with the urban thugs in Chicago and similar who are committing the vast majority of the "gun crime".

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number two:

who commits more gun crime, liberals or conservatives?

Posted by JBSF on 18 September 2013 - 01:14 AM in Political Anarchy

Well, given that the majority of the murders in the US (VAST MAJORITY) are commited in the inner city urban areas - I think they are likely firmly blue voters.

Thanks Obama!

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number three:

#4384391The real roadblock to stopping gun violence? The NRA or Jocal?

Posted by JBSF on 13 November 2013 - 03:02 AM in Political Anarchy

The VAST majority of the gun murders out there are committed by run of the mill criminals and gangbangers, most likely as a directly result of the drug trade. If we ended the "war on drugs" - I'm betting the violent crime rate would plummet overnight.

From JBSF, fall 2013: The real situation in the USA:

Armed home defense and home invasion thread

JBSF, on 25 Mar 2014 - 21:08, said:

The vast majority of murders are committed by completely sane individuals

who are murdering for other reasons like drugs, domestic violence, robbery, etc.

By March 2014 Jeff had assimilated the facts (acquaintence offings account for about 80%of the numbers)

possibly because I quoted them here as Boothy scoffed at them. Hmmm, yet Jeff continued to blame blacks.

Jeffie Gangbanger Scapegoating Fib number four; (seven months after stating the truthful situation)

Posted by JBSF on 11 June 2014 - 09:27 PM in Political Anarchy

Furthermore, the 12x rate is not all because of mentally disturbed kids. The vast majority of our homicide rate is inner city drug related crime and gang activity. [...]

Pasted from <http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=163760#entry4847529