scooter1369

The VX Evo

Prototype keel still in GA. Is at the top of the list....at 150 lbs I am very curious of how much it will help.

• Like 2

There was a Bongo at yer club, did anyone ever see it sail or ask if it worked?, am wondering how much it will help also.

27 minutes ago, ortegakid said:

There was a Bongo at yer club, did anyone ever see it sail or ask if it worked?, am wondering how much it will help also.

Never sailed it.

• Like 1

Ortegakid, I had a Bongo for several years ( #28 ). It was a bit ahead of its time and maybe too expensive for what folks thought of it. The concept was good in that the ballasted keel ( think mini-melges 24 ) provided great protection from capsize and super easy recovery.The hull itself was very narrow at waterline so it had little form stability. It would sit peacefully at the dock but getting on the boat was like stepping into a canoe - you had to be on centerline. The bongo was relatively heavy for its size, I believe it was around 400 lbs. The best performance was on a close reach with the asymmetric. Upwind not so good, probably because of the weight. Few were made. I am almost certain that the hull numbering began at #10. Sadly, a fire at Abbotts boat work destroyed the molds. It was the most interesting boat I have owned but not the best.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xonk1 said:

Ortegakid, I had a Bongo for several years ( #28 ). It was a bit ahead of its time and maybe too expensive for what folks thought of it. The concept was good in that the ballasted keel ( think mini-melges 24 ) provided great protection from capsize and super easy recovery.The hull itself was very narrow at waterline so it had little form stability. It would sit peacefully at the dock but getting on the boat was like stepping into a canoe - you had to be on centerline. The bongo was relatively heavy for its size, I believe it was around 400 lbs. The best performance was on a close reach with the asymmetric. Upwind not so good, probably because of the weight. Few were made. I am almost certain that the hull numbering began at #10. Sadly, a fire at Abbotts boat work destroyed the molds. It was the most interesting boat I have owned but not the best.

Probably the best way to describe it.

• Like 1

Rod,

What's going on with the EVO nationally in terms of number sold, future sales, locations etc ? Getting any kind of traction anywhere >

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bibs said:

Rod,

What's going on with the EVO nationally in terms of number sold, future sales, locations etc ? Getting any kind of traction anywhere >

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bibs said:

Rod,

bibs,

Just closed another order for a boat going to Lakewood yacht club (Houston area). 

At the moment, we have "two active" fleets: Texas and South Carolina, with individual boats scattered in Arizona, New York . A container scheduled to arrive here in mid October and we are looking for more push.

We have been somewhat "shy" on the information stream as we are almost ready to launch a new distribution channel and a couple of changes on how to sell, deliver and grow the class. Good things about to happen with this little rocket.

Sushi is right. We should have more solid news tomorrow.

Hang in there guys. We are thankful for the follow up and good energy behind the VX Evo.

Rod

• Like 3

Dex,

I know....fair and we have been on the same. Finally we got some good terms today and Vela Sailing Supply is prepping' the launch with some good news. Ovington (the builder) has a production slot allocated and we are expecting the next container of boats mid October.

Details coming soon!

• Like 1

Thank You Rod, and thank you a lot for your great video about the VX EVO tutorial. It's help me a lot !

I am so happy to sail with this boat. It's giving me so powerfull sensation with the gennacker. 

I sailed from 5 to 20 kts and it goes very fast downwind, I fly !

Then, a lot of people told me that the boat is very elegant on the water...nice to hear that :)

Sure It's realy the best boat for me, everything is perfect.

Glad to hear the video has helped you! We know is a long tutorial, but users can "fast forward" to the area they need or can watch the whole thing during a Sunday morning with coffee on hand.

One of the key things about both, VX Evo and VX One are exactly that:elegance, while still a sport boat, which tends to be hard to achieve. Kudos to the designers, Brian Bennett and Rodger Martin for hitting it right!

For the sake of letting the community know more about the VX Evo, can you share what have you sailed before the VX Evo?

I am 45 years old, 184 lbs, 1,84m. 

I began sailing at 25 years with my brother. 

One year on a LASER 4000, after one year on a laser 5000, and after  6 years on 49er.

So I stopped sailing at 33.

But it's missed me.

Last year I decided to buy a boat for sailing with my wife, my two kids, and friends.

So  as I was older and no athletic as I was ten years ago, I decided to buy a 420.

But in fact my wife has no time to sail and my kids don't like so much be on the boat. 

The 420 is a very good family boat but a lit bit bored for somebody who have sailed on boat like 49er.

As I am 80% of my time alone in the boat, I was looking for a catboat with a gennaker.

With the VX EXO, I refound sensations sailing as I had know with the 49er.

But the difference is that it is more stable - I need to sail now only on the water and not in the water ;)

• Like 2

:D Great input. Awesome way to describe it, thanks again for sharing. The VX Evo definitively fits those needs, specially when you like performance without the crashing!!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 8:58 PM, Rodfavela said:

Dex,

I know....fair and we have been on the same. Finally we got some good terms today and Vela Sailing Supply is prepping' the launch with some good news. Ovington (the builder) has a production slot allocated and we are expecting the next container of boats mid October.

Details coming soon!

Huh? Still taking in code. “Prepping the launch” of what? 

• Like 2

D-one 's faster upwind 

Vx evo 's faster downwind.

I will do other races with D-one in other conditions of  wind, and I have to improve my settings, but I think that the  conclusion will be the same...

If the D-One was sailing with his largest sail at 11.5 Sq. Meters and you with you "A" sail, that is 1.3 sq meters less sail area on the VX Evo. Also the Gennaker on the Evo is a little smaller than the D-One's....interesting.

Please keep sharing as you do more races, interesting to see that differential.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, superg said:

Huh? Still taking in code. “Prepping the launch” of what? 

Alright guys,

Thanks again for "hanging in there" all this time until details were finished.

Officially we are the distributor and operator of the VX Evo for the Americas, from Canada to the "Horn". We will be launching the newsletter soon, however this is not slowing things down anymore: the production slot with the builder has been allocated and we are expecting the first container under the new watch to arrive Mid December.

Details, pricing and contact information here:  https://www.velasailingsupply.com/vx-evo-complete-sailboat/

Feel free to reach out to us at anytime!

• Like 2

While it is mostly known that Vela Sailing is the current VX Evo distributor for the Americas, little has been said and posted so far. Boats are in production and there is a formal announcement coming soon. In the meantime, I personally haven't even posted anything as I am currently BOATLESS!! Yep, unbelievable, but I sold my last VX Evo back in summer and all demos boats, used boats etc, are in use. 

We have  a container of six boats arriving in mid December and here are the shots from the factory (Ovington Boats):

Stay tuned!

VX Evos in factory.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/5/2018 at 3:49 PM, Rodfavela said:

six boats arriving in mid December

Hi @Rodfavela! Any chance you might be in FL/Miami area during the winter, perhaps with one of these on the water?

HI Martin,

We are don't have scheduled Miami just yet. We may join one of the VX One Winter series in Sarasota, but still working on the calendar. As soon as the container arrives from England with the new boats we will have a clearer picture of what the program will be like and share it.

About $18k for a complete boat with nearly all the bells and whistles. It’s a good value when you compare it to a fully kitted Laser that has a limited competitive life and is low tech compared to this boat.

Rod, what about marketing the boat as the ideal guy/girl, girl/girl, adult/kid, or in general small person doublehanded where I would think it could be fun if the combined crew weight stays less than around 280lbs max?

Good luck. We need more boats like the Evo and the Weta to bring apparent wind sailing to the masses.

Still no word on the blasted centerboard? What are lazy ,older, non-hikers like me to do? I hoped it would be the answer.

3 hours ago, AClass USA 230 said:

About $18k for a complete boat with nearly all the bells and whistles. It’s a good value when you compare it to a fully kitted Laser that has a limited competitive life and is low tech compared to this boat.

Rod, what about marketing the boat as the ideal guy/girl, girl/girl, adult/kid, or in general small person doublehanded where I would think it could be fun if the combined crew weight stays less than around 280lbs max?

Good luck. We need more boats like the Evo and the Weta to bring apparent wind sailing to the masses.

Yes, this is one of the concepts we are pushing for. Similar to what the Scows do in terms of crew: we are just not sure of it is a variable on a race per race basis (like the Scows do) because that complicates logistics and get people bored on shore, or you sail with what you signed up for the regatta. I'd love to hear from all what do you think.

5 hours ago, xonk1 said:

Still no word on the blasted centerboard? What are lazy ,older, non-hikers like me to do? I hoped it would be the answer.

Not yet...you don't need to hike that much anyways unless you are a featherweight..yet still SUPER FUN!

I was getting ready to bring after VX One NAs but logistics did not work and Bennett Yachting wants to do a little more testing.

Thanks for the picture! Stay warm.

We are ready for some winter sailing here in the US. 6 boats ready and in route to North America!

VX  EVO 's buyers are  very lucky in US to have a distributor like VELA who is making a stock of boat. 

In comparison, when I had order my VX evo in France, I have had to wait more than 7 months to have it ! Order in January 2018 and delivery in August 2018 ! That's a little bit long  but it is worthwhile to be patient :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ludovic said:

VX  EVO 's buyers are  very lucky in US to have a distributor like VELA who is making a stock of boat. 

In comparison, when I had order my VX evo in France, I have had to wait more than 7 months to have it ! Order in January 2018 and delivery in August 2018 ! That's a little bit long  but it is worthwhile to be patient :)

Thank you!, we have taken our time as well, but all the "ducks are in line" now and we are planning on stocking boat, sails, blades and and hardware to avoid any delays and service quickly.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:11 AM, AClass USA 230 said:

I like the VX Evo and they look like a ton of fun but really, do we have to continue with the "limited competitive life" dialogue of the Laser?  We have 45 Lasers in our sailing association boat lot and plenty of them are from the 70s and early 80s and are just fine.  Let's move on from that and just focus on benefits of the VX Evo.  Otherwise I'll be forced to remind you that for $18,000 you can get three Lasers and then you have a fleet to race with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WCB said:

I like the VX Evo and they look like a ton of fun but really, do we have to continue with the "limited competitive life" dialogue of the Laser?  We have 45 Lasers in our sailing association boat lot and plenty of them are from the 70s and early 80s and are just fine.  Let's move on from that and just focus on benefits of the VX Evo.  Otherwise I'll be forced to remind you that for $18,000 you can get three Lasers and then you have a fleet to race with.

Sure. I think ACLASS's  comment is with the best of intentions not to use the Laser and its competitive life itself, but actually to clarify what many sailors always make a connection with when the subject of jumping into the VX Evo comes up: The VX Evo is a different boat from the Laser and RS Aero specially because if a sailor is over 185 lbs is starting to be too big for the traditional singlheanders and it's modern counterparts, offering a unique platform, where no diet is required and the sportboat training floor is layed out, not to mention how fun and rewarding it is in all conditions. I have seen skippers up to 240 lbs be very competitive on the VX Evo...actually saw their transoms when the wind pick up and my 150lbs were all the way out on the rail!  :) 

To summarize, it is my take that the fact that the VX Evo is a singlehander, does not make it an "apples to apples" comparison with the Laser, RS Aero and Melges 14.  Thus the price, specially in the used market for a 30 plus years old boat.

1 hour ago, WCB said:

I like the VX Evo and they look like a ton of fun but really, do we have to continue with the "limited competitive life" dialogue of the Laser?  We have 45 Lasers in our sailing association boat lot and plenty of them are from the 70s and early 80s and are just fine.  Let's move on from that and just focus on benefits of the VX Evo.  Otherwise I'll be forced to remind you that for $18,000 you can get three Lasers and then you have a fleet to race with

For the price of a laser you can buy 3 Optimists ready to race ;)

3 hours ago, WCB said:

thank you! Lasers only have a 'limited competitive life' on the absolute top of the game. But that's true for just about every class of sailboats, anyways.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, xonk1 said:

Rod, Still waiting for word on the possible ballasted board option for old guys like me who want to hike less and capsize even less. Lazy guys want to know. Any hope or should I work on my aging abs? Still following the boat. Happy Sailing!

work on your abs

9 hours ago, Ludovic said:

Which level are you talking about?  Club Opti you're looking at 2 to 2.5, the Pro model is 1.5. 

7 hours ago, dgmckim said:

thank you! Lasers only have a 'limited competitive life' on the absolute top of the game. But that's true for just about every class of sailboats, anyways.

Exactly.  Heck, Stars that are still in great shape are selling for $4-6,000 and they were $55k to begin with.

Many factors can be considered when talking about single-handers , but the key is not to forget the purpose of any boats that is evaluated: the VX Evo is probably the most affordable of its category. Sure, it is not a $8,000 boat. Carbon fiber spars, two racing sails, vacuum epoxy hull and other benefits don't allow a boat in that category to be produced.

I have never seen an Evo, but comparing it to a Laser makes no sense.  The Evo is almost 2' longer with 50% more sail - plus a chute. Completely different boat. Maybe you could compare the Evo to a Finn for a price comparison. A new Devoti base Finn is $16,500 plus tax and shipping from Europe.

2 hours ago, bill4 said:

A new Devoti base Finn is $16,500 plus tax and shipping from Europe.

And that does not include a carbon mast (about $4000) or sail (about $1500).

On 11/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, WCB said:

I raced Lasers for 12 years, did two WC’s in the 80’s (Kingston and Gulfport) and almost won the 1994 Masters NAC (tiebreaker for 1st). I have a lot of love for the boat and the class (was D14 chairman for 4 years). What frustrates me is the hull design and foil design are timeless yet the boat has never really been updated as in carbon spars, a better sail design/construction, and better laminate construction. It could have been done in planned phases without killing the class. Sorry, but it’s ridiculous what you now get at the price they charge for a new boat and you have to have new boat sales to sustain the class.  I think being an Olympic class has a lot to do with sustaining the class’s future. At the level I raced the boat, the decks and cockpit laminate always started to come apart after two years of racing the circuit. I bought 4 boats to stay competitive in that time period. YMMV.

With all due consideration, if I was in the market for a new singlehanded dinghy, the EVO, RS Aero, and M-14 would certainly get first look over the Laser. 

• Like 2

Nothing cooler than brand new stuff! Happy Sailing to six lucky people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xonk1 said:

Nothing cooler than brand new stuff! Happy Sailing to six lucky people.

SEVEN! In the very back is the IC(A), GBR299!

• Like 2

Actually the AC is GBR289. Bananas Revenge. 2002 Is not quite as cool as new but still very excited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lifesave said:

Actually the AC is GBR289. Bananas Revenge. 2002 Is not quite as cool as new but still very excited.

However, it is VERY yellow!

DRC

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 8:20 PM, Lifesave said:

OOPS, so cool, can't wait to see all three together with kites up!

Hey you thread snipin' Canoeists! The EVO is the coolest of the new breed in my mind! Not an updated Laser, not another crack at foiling - just a great looking assy singlehander with adults only in mind! 

• Like 2

It is indeed, and I look forward to sailing one soon! But I love my AC!

Bill4, I'm in agreement that the EVO looks like it checks all the boxes. I wish it all the best and look forward to seeing it on the water. Rod is the right guy for the job of getting it out there and good luck beating him in anything but a total blowout. I salute Sushi and the others that have bit the bullet and wrote the check. Rod tells me at least three new owners may have a sweet new toy under the Christmas tree. Go EVO. There, I said it. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2018 at 1:51 PM, xonk1 said:

Rod, Still waiting for word on the possible ballasted board option for old guys like me who want to hike less and capsize even less. Lazy guys want to know. Any hope or should I work on my aging abs? Still following the boat. Happy Sailing!

http://www.vandercraft.co.uk/k1/

:)

On 12/4/2018 at 1:34 PM, Lifesave said:

Bill4, I'm in agreement that the EVO looks like it checks all the boxes. I wish it all the best and look forward to seeing it on the water. Rod is the right guy for the job of getting it out there and good luck beating him in anything but a total blowout. I salute Sushi and the others that have bit the bullet and wrote the check. Rod tells me at least three new owners may have a sweet new toy under the Christmas tree. Go EVO. There, I said it. 

MR IC SAID THAT! Seriously, it is an awesome boat, and could be much fun, but I spent way to much time just learning to sail an AC, not many can. Hope all the best for the EVO in Texas!

• Like 1

Where have the new boats gone? Fleets forming or growing? 

So far the bulk of this shipment is coming to Texas, DFW and Houston area (Galveston/clear Lake) , one is going to Florida.

We have not heard from the East coast fellows but they are very interested, hopefully the cold is not freezing decision now, but again, the South is populating.

We are drafting the first set of class rules...still working on weight/mainsail choice type of situations to make it as simple and fair as possible.

Brian Bennett is currently in Beaufort , SC and will do some sailing with the "keel" and then mail it to us here ion TX.

• Like 1

Rod, Please keep the " old guys "  ( myself included ) up to date on the " keel " development. Could be the answer to making great boat even easier to sail to open up enjoyment to a market segment that isn't 25 anymore. No shame in getting older - especially if you're still out on the water competing. 

• Like 3

No shame at all...we are all headed there, hopefully! :)

The keel is a beautiful piece of engineering. BB is going to film and do some testing about it and also thing on the best way to put it on as well as heck on the base of the dolly. Probably hoist it with the main halyard if it does not pulls too hard on the mast or design a simple strap rig using the boom. The keel is not too heavy for any of the spars to be compromised, we are just thinking on the easiest way to operate the up/down & lock in place to avoid sliding in case of extreme heel/wipe outs. Probably a simple strap across from side to side over the top of the board with strong webbing, etc....nothing definitive yet, but certainly exciting times!

I'll keep us posted!

Rod, Thanks for the keel update. Film as soon as it is available plz. Also, some comment on just what the keel does for stability ( at the dock and while sailing ). My guess as a sailor who would like to be a naval architect but clearly is not is that if the keel helps any sailor keep the boat flat upwind = good, and the increase in total boat weight may not be much of a negative off the wind? Big plus is stability and less time recovering from capsize. Who knows? With the keel option there may be many sailors having an extra beer and cheeseburger right now in anticipation. Keep it coming! Thanks

• Like 1

Will do...I am pressing on BB to get this done ASAP and share with all.

Your are correct: the overall weight of the boat will increase in about 40 lbs. it will increase stability at the dock and will reduce the heeling moment for sure. it will also give more time to bring it back to it's feet in case of wipeouts and certainly help after a capsize.

The bottom line so far is that it will increase the margin of error from an stability stand point. The hull already has a lot of form stability, but the bulb will add that "extra" to make life even easier.

• Like 1

Rod the webbing strap across the keel will be more than sufficient.  That's the system the Melges 24 has used successfully for 25 years on a 700# keel to my knowledge.

• Like 2

Rod, All good news. Personally, the extra years are not so much an issue with strength as they are with agility ( I don't move like a cat any more - maybe I never did! ) and flexibility. My hope is that the keel makes everything happen slower since I am slower. Could be that the keel will be everything needed to greatly expand the appeal of an already appealing boat. I am ready for a road trip to almost anywhere to demo the keel. Keep us all posted. Happy Sailing! 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 9:01 PM, Rodfavela said:

No shame at all...we are all headed there, hopefully! :)

The keel is a beautiful piece of engineering. BB is going to film and do some testing about it and also thing on the best way to put it on as well as heck on the base of the dolly. Probably hoist it with the main halyard if it does not pulls too hard on the mast or design a simple strap rig using the boom. The keel is not too heavy for any of the spars to be compromised, we are just thinking on the easiest way to operate the up/down & lock in place to avoid sliding in case of extreme heel/wipe outs. Probably a simple strap across from side to side over the top of the board with strong webbing, etc....nothing definitive yet, but certainly exciting times!

I'll keep us posted!

Yup that will be good. The Evo was originally pitched as a ballasted dinghy but when the final version arrived with a center board I kinda lost interest.  A very large single hander didnt seem compelling enough niche for me but a ballasted dinghy seems like an interesting slot.

Who is the builder?   Is BB the importer or Rod?

15 minutes ago, IPLore said:

Yup that will be good. The Evo was originally pitched as a ballasted dinghy but when the final version arrived with a center board I kinda lost interest.  A very large single hander didnt seem compelling enough niche for me but a ballasted dinghy seems like an interesting slot.

Who is the builder?   Is BB the importer or Rod?

We (Vela Sailing Supply) are the sole importer.  The builder of boat and keel is Ovington. The keel is currently in Sarasota. I will be on February 9th for the second round of testing.  

The keel will remain as an option for now. All owners right now, really love the boat on the daggerboard version...it is a niche still, but I understand what you mentioned about the keel to give it its uniqueness.

Will inform as soon as we have something solid to report.

Pics of the keel? I can't hold my breath too much longer.

3 hours ago, Rodfavela said:

We (Vela Sailing Supply) are the sole importer.  The builder of boat and keel is Ovington.

Good to hear.

Its just that I read your post which suggested BB was testing the keel, so I wondered what his involvement was..

Regarding keel etc: You know the boat better than anyone and your enthusiasm does you credit. If you think the dagger board provides the best all round experience  then stay with that and ignore armchair commentators like myself.

If you think an option of dagger board or bulb keel provides 2 essential and equally important alternatives which will both reach a critical mass then by all means do both......but for a fledgling class, its a bit dangerous to divide up an already small class in early stages of growth.

Bottom line: You know what you are doing and what your customers love, so I will be interested in where you think it goes.

2 hours ago, xonk1 said:

Pics of the keel? I can't hold my breath too much longer.

Lake Lanier?   Any chance you will get one?

13 minutes ago, IPLore said:

Good to hear.

Its just that I read your post which suggested BB was testing the keel, so I wondered what his involvement was..

Regarding keel etc: You know the boat better than anyone and your enthusiasm does you credit. If you think the dagger board provides the best all round experience  then stay with that and ignore armchair commentators like myself.

If you think an option of dagger board or bulb keel provides 2 essential and equally important alternatives which will both reach a critical mass then by all means do both......but for a fledgling class, its a bit dangerous to divide up an already small class in early stages of growth.

Bottom line: You know what you are doing and what your customers love, so I will be interested in where you think it goes.

Thank you. I'm glad you see this way. The most valuable factor for us is to know what is expected and wanted. While the keel is a real piece of art and so far, the comments are great after one session of testing, that is one part of the picture. Offering as an option, comes with the challenges of developing an easy system that allows to launch the boat and operate the keel without too many moving parts. One of the strongest point of the VX Evo is amazing performance, comfort and utmost simplicity and we want to keep it like that with any idea or option. in fact when the fleet gets big enough, it may even be the division in racing of the ballasted and the full sport version .

I must say that the boat has great form stability; that combined with a very light displacement, makes it still easy and forgiving enough even with the daggerboard, granted the skipper is proactive with  the weight positioning and sailing technique on any given weather condition.

Xonk, hang in there buddy. i appreciate the energy and we are not going to let you down, just need to do it right from the get go.

And if you do a roadshow, please consider Seattle, no keel required. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Varan said:

And if you do a roadshow, please consider Seattle, no keel required. 

I'll reach out. We are planning on doing a West coast tour. Only raw details now, but certainly in the plan for this year.

And here is another boat delivered and splashed for the frost time today. Very light air, but still ripping:

Yep!

He is already fast and has been out only 2 times. Time for me to stop putting bow numbers and go train!! B)

• Like 1

Hey Rod...

Any rumblings of EVO'S coming down to Australia? I've been keeping an eye on the VX One website but nothing yet??

Hey Stan,

No, not yet. We are thinking on going to California to help grow the class there and then bring them to Oz. What do you think will be the the best area to start? I mean what is the dinghy focused area over there?

This coming weekend, we (Brian Bennett, Hayden Bennett and yours truly) will be in Sarasota, FL at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron doing some testing of the keel. While this is not an "official demo day" if anybody is around and want to swing by the Squadron, and give the boat a shot it will be great!

On 2/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, Rodfavela said:

Hey Stan,

No, not yet. We are thinking on going to California to help grow the class there and then bring them to Oz. What do you think will be the the best area to start? I mean what is the dinghy focused area over there?

Ok good stuff - there are strong senior dinghy fleets in NSW (Sydney, Lake Macquarie etc), Victoria (Melbourne, Geelong) and indeed, each of the capital cities.  My club is on Sydney Harbour and we amended our Sailing Instructions this year to allow yardstick single and double handed racing of many different types in anticipation of newer craft like th Evo being purchased by our members ... I know discussions have been had about the Seascape 14, the Evo, the Melges 14 and the RS Aero as potentially coming into the club - with the assymetric boats being put into the 29er /NS14 racing, and the hikers against our laser crew, which already races as one fleet whatever the rig configuration.