Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghotio

Jeremy Clarkson's BBC contract DTS???

how the fuck does a show get old when it only puts 5 episodes a season on the air? Regardless, he'll get snatched up quickly. There's far, far, far too few presenters out there who can actually make one laugh.

Jaime and Adam are back alone now but I think still doing the Mythbusters show.

Is that the result of the cannonball "fracas"? (<-- token attempt to prevent accusations of thread drifting)

I don't think so. Could be they just wanted to pay fewer people.

dailymail.co.uk is reporting that clarkson's "contract will not be renewed", and that hammy and captain slow will quit.

top gear is over. long live whatever the trio comes up with next!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010167/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-BBC-internal-investigation-concludes-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html

how the fuck does a show get old when it only puts 5 episodes a season on the air?

Because they just repeat everything.

E.g.

New "Reasonably priced car"? Hold a BBQ to get some lap times on the board. Include "amusing" sections where celebs aren't recognized by one/all of the three.

Trip? Take "amusingly" unsuitable cars to remote-ish part of the world. Include plenty of blatant-obviously-intended-for-TV fuckwittery, which any semi sane bloke would never do - like a no planning beforehand about routes. Do some camping, including tying whole cow to the top of a car. Include crap DIY changes to the cars which don't work. Include casual-and-therefore-oh-so-funny racism. Get the word cock or penis on the side of car/train as needed, preferably by sign ripping in an "amusing" way. Wax lyrical at the end about how much they fell in love with the cars.

Car tests. JC shouting "POOOOOWWWWEEEEERRRRRRRR, and car journo metaphors about braking, cornering and accelerating. (Have you ever actually read a car mag? These guys are beyond parody) (Actually, they're not. Welcome, Troy Queef).

The grip of an onanistic orangutan

Posted in Troy Queef by Troy Queef on Thursday, January 22nd, 2015

troyqueef1.jpgRapacious rain lashes the huddled hinterland in an egregious aqua attack on the East Midlands, lashing liquid upon the stark and somnambulant scene of a muted morning. The sun’s slow slide into the ascendant is cloaked by cloying clouds but its lazy light increasingly illuminates the fecund flatlands, joining a galloping glow in the gloaming; two broad beams of bright that scamper and surge through the scene like lazy lasers atop a rampaging robot.

The light source alluded to in the previous para goes by the name of Adam, but fear not; this is not the moniker of a marauding machine for the mechanical make-up is entirely benign and the helm behind the handle bears the familiar features of the gawping griffin that shows this beut is fruit from the hall of Vaux.

Luton’s B-seg baby has been with us for a while but time hasn’t tarnished the soft cinctures of its styling nor quashed the quality of its innovative inner sanctum. Into this mix of perky poise and diaphanous dashboard, the Vaux populists have now scored a slam dunk on the motivational mores of 2015 with the effortless installation of a thrumming three banger with an added twist of turbo.

First impressions are of an idle smoother than Sinatra’s snooker table. The engine’s elegant early efforts are matched as you dip a clutch crisper than Kettle Chips and slot a shifter as sweet as a caramel coated kitten. Even through the urban burden, you can feel an urgent surge hardwired into the baby V’s DNA. Question is, can this Luton beauty keep up the rhumba when the dancing gets derestricted.

My dawn-time dive into the punchiest paths of the Peterborough region will provide the tough line of questioning this fast torqueing tike requires. As the street lights shrink in the middle mirror, the pace is poured on and immediately the acquiescent Adam accepts that it’s time for tillermanship. A nuanced but nuggety ride belies the grip of an onanistic orangutan while the petite pedals feel some love from lascivious loafers and the sinewed steering arrives at the party packing precision. It’s time to push the pedalling to the helm stop.

Powering with purpose now, the triple tube motor takes on a vigorous vim accompanied by the sparky and sonorous soundtrack of a semi-911 as the cheeky chassis soaks up serpentine switchbacks like a mechanical flannel. Cannoning with crisp commitment into an especially hairy hairpin I plant a quizzical kiss on the apex and briskly back out of the gas, instantly causing the Adam’s planted posterior to come into play. I simply catch it with a dab of oppo and I’m away.

etc etc.

how the fuck does a show get old when it only puts 5 episodes a season on the air?

Because they just repeat everything.

E.g.

New "Reasonably priced car"? Hold a BBQ to get some lap times on the board. Include "amusing" sections where celebs aren't recognized by one/all of the three.

Trip? Take "amusingly" unsuitable cars to remote-ish part of the world. Include plenty of blatant-obviously-intended-for-TV fuckwittery, which any semi sane bloke would never do - like a no planning beforehand about routes. Do some camping, including tying whole cow to the top of a car. Include crap DIY changes to the cars which don't work. Include casual-and-therefore-oh-so-funny racism. Get the word cock or penis on the side of car/train as needed, preferably by sign ripping in an "amusing" way. Wax lyrical at the end about how much they fell in love with the cars.

Car tests. JC shouting "POOOOOWWWWEEEEERRRRRRRR, and car journo metaphors about braking, cornering and accelerating. (Have you ever actually read a car mag? These guys are beyond parody) (Actually, they're not. Welcome, Troy Queef).

The grip of an onanistic orangutan

Posted in Troy Queef by Troy Queef on Thursday, January 22nd, 2015

troyqueef1.jpgRapacious rain lashes the huddled hinterland in an egregious aqua attack on the East Midlands, lashing liquid upon the stark and somnambulant scene of a muted morning. The sun’s slow slide into the ascendant is cloaked by cloying clouds but its lazy light increasingly illuminates the fecund flatlands, joining a galloping glow in the gloaming; two broad beams of bright that scamper and surge through the scene like lazy lasers atop a rampaging robot.

The light source alluded to in the previous para goes by the name of Adam, but fear not; this is not the moniker of a marauding machine for the mechanical make-up is entirely benign and the helm behind the handle bears the familiar features of the gawping griffin that shows this beut is fruit from the hall of Vaux.

Luton’s B-seg baby has been with us for a while but time hasn’t tarnished the soft cinctures of its styling nor quashed the quality of its innovative inner sanctum. Into this mix of perky poise and diaphanous dashboard, the Vaux populists have now scored a slam dunk on the motivational mores of 2015 with the effortless installation of a thrumming three banger with an added twist of turbo.

First impressions are of an idle smoother than Sinatra’s snooker table. The engine’s elegant early efforts are matched as you dip a clutch crisper than Kettle Chips and slot a shifter as sweet as a caramel coated kitten. Even through the urban burden, you can feel an urgent surge hardwired into the baby V’s DNA. Question is, can this Luton beauty keep up the rhumba when the dancing gets derestricted.

My dawn-time dive into the punchiest paths of the Peterborough region will provide the tough line of questioning this fast torqueing tike requires. As the street lights shrink in the middle mirror, the pace is poured on and immediately the acquiescent Adam accepts that it’s time for tillermanship. A nuanced but nuggety ride belies the grip of an onanistic orangutan while the petite pedals feel some love from lascivious loafers and the sinewed steering arrives at the party packing precision. It’s time to push the pedalling to the helm stop.

Powering with purpose now, the triple tube motor takes on a vigorous vim accompanied by the sparky and sonorous soundtrack of a semi-911 as the cheeky chassis soaks up serpentine switchbacks like a mechanical flannel. Cannoning with crisp commitment into an especially hairy hairpin I plant a quizzical kiss on the apex and briskly back out of the gas, instantly causing the Adam’s planted posterior to come into play. I simply catch it with a dab of oppo and I’m away.

etc etc.

That should be required reading for convicts on death row.

So it goes. Clarkson tried to apologize and probably would have handed the guy a huge chunk of change to accept it, and it would be interesting to find out if that option was considered. Hell, dock his pay to the tune of upper six figures and pay him off yourselves. If the guy with the split lip was OK with it then train a couple of ex-heavyweight MMAers to operate something simple and keep them on staff from then on with specific orders on how to deal with this should Clarkson act like he is about to have another hissy-fit or even start drinking heavily.

They could even make a part of a show out of him getting chucked in a dumpster full of rotten table scraps as part of the punishment.

It's just remarkable how huge this story is globaly.

Yemen ? . . . never heard of it

Nukes in Iran ? . . . whatever

Clarkson sacked ? . . . BLOODY HELL !!!!! :o

yeah, it even surpassed bruce jenner's bullshit. the whole karcrashian horde is just old news these days.

thank fucking god.

So it goes. Clarkson tried to apologize and probably would have handed the guy a huge chunk of change to accept it, and it would be interesting to find out if that option was considered. Hell, dock his pay to the tune of upper six figures and pay him off yourselves. If the guy with the split lip was OK with it then train a couple of ex-heavyweight MMAers to operate something simple and keep them on staff from then on with specific orders on how to deal with this should Clarkson act like he is about to have another hissy-fit or even start drinking heavily.

They could even make a part of a show out of him getting chucked in a dumpster full of rotten table scraps as part of the punishment.

I thought something the same. Pay the guy off with a new car and a big apology.

End result is that the BBC did not manage this event well enough to avoid wrecking the most popular show on the planet and probably their most profitable show.

End result is that the BBC did not manage this event well enough to avoid wrecking the most popular show on the planet and probably their most profitable show.

How about this idea. Jeremy Clarkson didn't manage his temper well enough. In any semi-civilized society, unprovoked violence inflicted on a fellow human being is frowned upon and usually a criminal offense no matter how popular the individual or how much money the perpetrator of the violence creates for his employers. I am already quite cynical about the future of the human race and the debasement of many human ideals, primarily being sacrificed at the altar of the almighty (insert your currency of choice here). Am I the only one troubled by this phenomenon? Apparently so. Kiss my fucking ass Jeremy, you sir are a total and complete asshole.

End result is that the BBC did not manage this event well enough to avoid wrecking the most popular show on the planet and probably their most profitable show the most profitable show they have ever or will ever have.

End result is that the BBC did not manage this event well enough to avoid wrecking the most popular show on the planet and probably their most profitable show the most profitable show they have ever or will ever have.

I thick a Snookey babey showere or Kardashian firste communnion coud drawe morre.

Your label for society does not change the fact that the very wealthy (or those who help them get that way) do not have to answer to the same laws that the rest of us do. This was as true for Cromagnan Man as it is for us today.

In any semi-civilized society, unprovoked violence inflicted on a fellow human being is frowned upon and usually a criminal offense no matter how popular the individual or how much money the perpetrator of the violence creates for his employers. I am already quite cynical about the future of the human race and the debasement of many human ideals, primarily being sacrificed at the altar of the almighty (insert your currency of choice here). Am I the only one troubled by this phenomenon? Apparently so. Kiss my fucking ass Jeremy, you sir are a total and complete asshole.

Your label for society does not change the fact that the very wealthy (or those who help them get that way) do not have to answer to the same laws that the rest of us do. This was as true for Cromagnan Man as it is for us today.

In any semi-civilized society, unprovoked violence inflicted on a fellow human being is frowned upon and usually a criminal offense no matter how popular the individual or how much money the perpetrator of the violence creates for his employers. I am already quite cynical about the future of the human race and the debasement of many human ideals, primarily being sacrificed at the altar of the almighty (insert your currency of choice here). Am I the only one troubled by this phenomenon? Apparently so. Kiss my fucking ass Jeremy, you sir are a total and complete asshole.

But apparently Jeremy is no longer employed by the Beeb, so there is some small consolation to be had. A rich dick is as much a dick as a poor dick, societal norms not withstanding. I am enough of a child of the sixties and seventies to be appalled at the support that this racist, bigoted, Neanderthal asswipe has garnered in spite of his intemperate actions. How sad. Peace, man.

How about this idea. Jeremy Clarkson didn't manage his temper well enough. In any semi-civilized society, unprovoked violence inflicted on a fellow human being is frowned upon and usually a criminal offense no matter how popular the individual or how much money the perpetrator of the violence creates for his employers. I am already quite cynical about the future of the human race and the debasement of many human ideals, primarily being sacrificed at the altar of the almighty (insert your currency of choice here). Am I the only one troubled by this phenomenon? Apparently so. Kiss my fucking ass Jeremy, you sir are a total and complete asshole.

I don't in any way condone violence and the guy can clearly be an entitled acting asshole who needed to be punished in this case for sure. But, from a utilitarian perspective depriving millions of people something actually pleasant in their lives however vacuous to the minds of some elitists, plus more than likely costing some folks at the BBC their jobs and livelihoods seems a harsh response in this case. In a company should he be treated the same as a janitor who slugs his boss, yes. Can the janitor afford to pay the bereaved boss $250K, no. Can both be made to attend an alcohol and anger management class and perform community anti-violence awareness services? Yes. To Clean's point it may not look fair and is not fair for someone to behave badly and get away with a crime so to speak by paying a fine that someone lesser well off would go to jail for and/or loose their job for committing. The janitor losing his/her job affects no one other than the janitor and his/her family perhaps. Jeremy losing his job probably at this point is not really a punishment. In fact he probably is enjoying the drama and I'm sure he has enough money by now. In the end a guy acted like a total prat, busted another guy's lip, and a huge company and a huge audience will suffer whatever it is they suffer. I will end by saying that there is probably more going on at the BBC in regards to Clarkson that got this to this point. They could have squashed it and chose instead to get rid of someone that the folks in the power structure probably didn't like. Making people who provide you with employment mad and then giving them an ironclad excuse to give you the boot is stupid. Anyway, once it got into the mainstream media as an event that got to the top of the news, there was no choice but to bring out the axe. I wonder if that german co-pilot(fucking rat bastard he appears to be at this point) was distraught about this whole affair and just cashed it all in despair.

A very important part is to prepare to give him an ass-kicking (more physical humiliation by being rendered helpless really -you don't hit old guys in the head, they just might fucking die on ya) if he wants to play rough or even act like he might be about to play rough with anyone ever again and his knowledge they are there. Sounds like they would have to be ready to step in and cut him off at three drinks when on the road too. If Clarkson won't agree to that then it's game over though.

Good riddance if you ask me. Top Gear was played out. Same old same old every week. Time to move on. Everything has it's day. Clarkson was obviously sick of it hence this inevitably happened (given that he is an asshole by nature albeit an entertaining one).

Good riddance if you ask me. Top Gear was played out. Same old same old every week. Time to move on. Everything has it's day. Clarkson was obviously sick of it hence this inevitably happened (given that he is an asshole by nature albeit an entertaining one).

+1

Clarkson was obviously sick of it hence this inevitably happened (given that he is an asshole by nature albeit an entertaining one).

Midlife crisis.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11497271/Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-the-real-reason-he-punched-a-man-over-steak.html

Bitter soon to be divorcee...whose mid-life crisis is to tongue cluck about men's mid life crisis.

Or she's upset her hubby can only afford an X3.

:D

My brother was a fairly well known actor in the 70's and I grew up around the "industry" when I was young. Actors / Presenters are a different breed and have a pretty rough time despite the money they receive. They work extraordinary hours, have to live up to their own hype and everything they do is in the public eye. I would challenge any of you kicking a man while he is down to fair better.

The Tele article is riddled with feminist BS but is basically correct. Very popular actors need to have someone in their lives that act as a calming influence and can "make it real" again after they have been living in a pretend would as part of their jobs. I am biased I like Jezza, he reminds me of me. A large loud, can be a dick but normally isn't caring person. Without my wife I would be lost, a complete hot mess.

So while I don't condone what JC did I do understand it, which is more tolerant than the leftist elitists who preach tolerance can say.

8jmiYw6.png

I love this whole shemozzle. It does demonstrate that there is some extremely poor management skills at the BBC.

Ignore what Clarkson did for the moment.

The BBC brought the rights for Top Gear, for a large amount of money, from Clarkson, last year or the year before. They paid large for a show that only works because of its presenters. The concept itself is repeatable, so they paid a lot for an income stream that could disappear as soon as its presenters did.

They then negotiated the contracts of the presenters and agreed to terms where each of their contracts mature at the same date. This makes it incredibly easy for those same presenters to negotiate elsewhere and ensure they, the vital component, can stay together.

I wonder if there was a restriction of trade agreement in Clarkson contract that becomes void should he be sacked.

The timing is just so convenient, their contracts expire at the end of March - today/tomorrow dependent on which side of the dateline you are sitting.

And as for punishment, the one person who won't suffer as a result of Clarkson's sackring is Clarkson. All the production staff at the show will - many will lose their jobs, same at the magazine and again at the live shows. All those spin offs, top gear US, top gear France..... and all their people they will lose their jobs.

Really poor management by the BBC.

Unless he wanted to retire or has another gig lined up that pays more then he just lost one of seemingly cooler jobs you could have as a car nut. Makes no sense to throw away that kind of job because you want to an asshole when you want to regardless of consequences.

We watch the show religiously at home and its one of the more entertaining and the popularity is warranted IMO. The original two Mythbusters are the only other guys that bring a natural delivery I can watch though their second team wasn't that bad.

Makes no sense, except that many of these "personalities" grow such ginormous egos, that they go through life shitting on the "little people" impunity. Can't feel very sorry for a bazillionaire with an attitude and behavior like that.....

I enjoyed the shit out of Top Gear. I really don't care if Clarkson is a raging asshole or not. I don't really care if he punched a baby. If it's a big deal, then somebody should be filing criminal charges, I don't see how it affects him being an entertainer other than if he's sitting in a cell.

It's ironic that the guy who got punched is possibly also going to lose his job when that entire branch shuts down.

I enjoyed the shit out of Top Gear. I really don't care if Clarkson is a raging asshole or not. I don't really care if he punched a baby. If it's a big deal, then somebody should be filing criminal charges, I don't see how it affects him being an entertainer other than if he's sitting in a cell.

It's not like it affects his reputation. Not even his fans ever thought he's a "mr clean" nice guy.

His big problem was that his style created detractors and as TS says "Haters are going to hate, hate, hate"....

I think the first thing Clarkson's should do is record a cover of this ;)

It's not like it affects his reputation. Not even his fans ever thought he's a "mr clean" nice guy.

His big problem was that his style created detractors and as TS says "Haters are going to hate, hate, hate"....

Youre Man Carde ist suspeneded to weekes fre linking TS vidio.

I was a bit worried about posting it, but hoped that as it was obvious what it was, no one would accidentally click on the link starting the video ;)

It's ironic that the guy who got punched is possibly also going to lose his job when that entire branch shuts down.

+1, massive dose, he'll lose his job and has sealed the fate of all the other production members.

Sounds like you know him quite well, spent a lot of time together over the last few years have you? Or maybe you're just an envious jealous asshat that forms his judgement from media dribble.

Sounds like you know him quite well, spent a lot of time together over the last few years have you? Or maybe you're just an envious jealous asshat that forms his judgement from media dribble.

I will own up to being an asshat at times but I am not jealous and envious. I had a terrible explosive temper when I was young and I learned to control it. The last time I used my fists in anger was probably 45 years ago. Being a celebrity is no justification for violent behavior. Apparently Mr. Clarkson built a career on being an irascible yet lovable asshat. Apparently many people liked this. Apparently he pushed the limits of this behavior and paid an appropriate price for it. I don't have a problem with that.

Expect it to be Sky, then again ITV are cash rich and have been buying up various assets in the last 2-4 years.

I think it was sky that already said no.

I think Netflix would be the place. Think Howard Stern, the fcc and satellite radio

top gear's exec producer andy wilman (reportedly) resigned from the bbc today.

I think it is pretty safe to say those 4 will resurface somewhere together...

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-head-producer-says-farewell-to-bbc-in-leaked-1694581344

No he didn't

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2015/03/31/a-statement-from-andy-wilman-on-news-he-has-resigned/

+1, massive dose, he'll lose his job and has sealed the fate of all the other production members.

It was clarkson who reported the incident to the BBC, not oisin. Other than one comment the producer has been quiet about it all.

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-head-producer-says-farewell-to-bbc-in-leaked-1694581344

No he didn't

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2015/03/31/a-statement-from-andy-wilman-on-news-he-has-resigned/

interesting.

jalopnik has some more here:

http://jalopnik.com/top-gears-andy-wilman-email-was-not-a-resignation-s-1694730989

he claims it wasn't a resignation email. however the subject of the email was “Au revoir” and that he probably doesn't need to resign, just not renew his contract.

who knows. but I read it as he wasn't running tg anymore.

Hammond and May both have their own TV shows outright. I could see them both renewing for the BBC.

Clarkson will probably release a bunch of private label DVDs - same as the last time he got canned.

clarkson's likeness is still on the top gear web site. you'd think they'd have removed him already.

i am sure i read that may wasn't resigning his contract, effectively quitting. hammond hasn't said much, but his other shows may mean a resign for at least them.

well, he has been seen on a bicycle a lot lately. something he openly frowned upon in the show.

then again, the very first review in the new top gear was of a mini van. and clarkson liked it. with all 6 people in the studio for the filming.

It's so far fetched that it would take some extreme stupidity to be suckered in by it. So there should be a few believing it :)

I got a good chuckle from that last post...

I recently started watching a show on YouTube on the motor trend channel called "Road Kill". Not anything like Top Gear, but it's really entertaining if your a motor head. They resurrect a clapped out piece of shit classic car, then drive it an obnoxious distance to race it somewhere. Hilarity ensues.

Search "Roadkill Episode 1" in the YouTube search engine. Should pop up.

No he didn't

yes he did!

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32437814

I recently started watching a show on YouTube on the motor trend channel called "Road Kill". Not anything like Top Gear, but it's really entertaining if your a motor head. They resurrect a clapped out piece of shit classic car, then drive it an obnoxious distance to race it somewhere. Hilarity ensues.

roadkill is great! like top gear, the earlier episodes are better and less commercial, but I really liked the muscle truck to muscle boat and back engine swap.

https://youtu.be/qI0ve18j0TQ

I was wondering how they were going to launch the boat with the engineless truck.... comic opportunity missed, there.

I was wondering how they were going to launch the boat with the engineless truck.... comic opportunity missed, there.

launching should have been pretty easy. retrieving, not so much. :D

I want that Ranchero in a major way

Thanks for this! I met Freiburger racing in Maxton, NC, after which, he bought the '79 Camaro he'd borrowed for a pass there, and took it to Bonneville. good stuff!

The show is fucking great! I finally got all caught up a few weeks ago, now I'm jonesing for a new episode. Last Friday of the month

The older Roadkill's are great...just because they're real gearhead shows done by real gearheads. Like Top Gear, and cooking shows, and any media content...the best ones always start with a real passion and then evolve. Watch early Clarkson vids on YouTube, even in '91 the guy loved Ferrari's, loved to poke at pretentious London twats, and was begging to give the world of wankers around him a giant middle finger.

For now...I guess he just has to retire to the Isle Of Man and content himself with terrifying his daughters beau's with unlimited romps through the mountains...

Staring wistfully across the sea towards his birthplace.

https://youtu.be/DMuO-8S_0Wg

Edit--STOOOOOOOPID Android update on a stooopid forum posting a stooopid video. The future is simply stupidity masquerading as progress. [/Clarkson]

Can't keep a good show down I guess. This looks much like the down under special. IMHO that was not so good on tv.

That is their live show, just renamed.

Suggestions for name

How about "Two Guys, One Cupnt"

* Used in the affectionate British way with respect of course.

For those who need a fix , Check out Jay Leno's Garage.

Wednesday 10 pm EST on CNBC.

Interesting, amusing, unique, and no overbearing pom like Clarkson.

Chances are you just may learn something too.

You don't have to be a dick to be amusing...

Leno's got nothing on Clarkson!

Leno owns some nice cars - Clarkson uses his nice cars.

Leno's a good guy but he's just not evil enough

Clarkson's the bloody Prince of Darkness.

We need more evil.

For those who need a fix , Check out Jay Leno's Garage.

Wednesday 10 pm EST on CNBC.

Interesting, amusing, unique, and no overbearing pom like Clarkson.

Chances are you just may learn something too.

You don't have to be a dick to be amusing...

I like both shows a lot. Leno certainly uses/knows his cars, and his YouTube and now CNBC shows have been very interesting.

Clarkson and Top Gear were informative and very entertaining too, though It finally dawned on me what distinguished Top Gear (for me) from all other shows was their candid opinions. If a car was a turd, Top Gear would plainly say so, where no other car show will - presumably for fear of scaring off advertisers. Some segments of Top Gear were over the top shock value entertainment (blowing stuff up etc.), but lots of segments of substance too. Kinda like SA, lots of great content, but you certainly have to overlook some "dicks" here too. YMMV

Former Friends star Matt LeBlanc is to be one of the new presenters of Top Gear when the motoring programme returns to BBC Two in May.

The US actor will be the show's first non-British host in its 39-year history.

"Matt's a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I'm thrilled he's joining Top Gear," said Chris Evans of his new on-screen colleague.

Additional Top Gear cast members will be confirmed shortly, the BBC said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35490238

Former Friends star Matt LeBlanc is to be one of the new presenters of Top Gear when the motoring programme returns to BBC Two in May.

The US actor will be the show's first non-British host in its 39-year history.

"Matt's a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I'm thrilled he's joining Top Gear," said Chris Evans of his new on-screen colleague.

Additional Top Gear cast members will be confirmed shortly, the BBC said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35490238

so it's five for the new show. evans, leblanc, coulthard, some german racing chick, and the stig.

other news outlets are saying production is not going well at all.

So are they going to be available on amazon in the us?? Tried to post a link, but not allowing me to..

Google Clarkson fro latest...

so it's five for the new show. evans, leblanc, coulthard, some german racing chick, and the stig.

other news outlets are saying production is not going well at all.

I saw that

I predict epic fail - worse than American top gear

How do you turn a silk purse into a sow's ear?

You're probably right Pete but I'll try to keep an open mind until they prove it.

It would impossible to be worse than American TG

The only good thing I see is that German chick, she is HAWT and can drive, or maybe it's because she can drive that she is hawt... I'll keep thinking about that for a while.

Driving the Nurburgring in a Van was a great show but she had Clarkson to play off of. I think that is where all the other shows struggle- you can come up with adequate replacements for May and Hammond and the Stig, but they all need a Clarkson to play off of, and he has been impossible to match.

They need the guy that will say what everyone else is thinking. Matt Leblanc is a boring wet noodle.

*They need the guy that will say what everyone else is thinking*

Twould seem Beeb top brass and the ginger wunderkind Evans, have opted for Eddie Jordan to fill that task. So 'rumour has it'...Sabine and the Harris being onboard would seem to be just that....

Well at least Jordan is a mariner - he owns a large crustacean floater - daren't use the 'O' word as it drives Clean over the edge innit....

Harris is/would have been brilliant... here driving my fave shopping/kids SUV collecting vehicle round someones front lawn...

the new show premieres in 3 months and they still don't have the new line up finalized?

top gear is now must miss tv.

*They need the guy that will say what everyone else is thinking*

Twould seem Beeb top brass and the ginger wunderkind Evans, have opted for Eddie Jordan to fill that task. So 'rumour has it'...Sabine and the Harris being onboard would seem to be just that....

Well at least Jordan is a mariner - he owns a large crustacean floater - daren't use the 'O' word as it drives Clean over the edge innit....

Harris is/would have been brilliant... here driving my fave shopping/kids SUV collecting vehicle round someones front lawn...

There is absolutely nothing entertaining or humorous about Eddie Jordan. The guy is an ass.

Whoever follows Clarkson is a lamb being led to slaughter., has to be. The next group will be able to rebuild.

after watching that chris harris bit on the suv, if he's part of top gear i can see it being renamed fifth gear. he's as stiff as a board.

so with jordan added they are up to 6 hosts.

i wonder if they'll get 6 people in the audience.

Well AMRO six it twill be.... you're not gonna like at least two of em.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/top-gear-line-up-chris-evans-matt-leblanc-sabine-schmitz-chris-harris-eddie-jordan-rory-reid-a6866716.html

Season 1 will be iron out the not happenings.... Season 2 will be consolidating what works.... Season 3 Chris will get bored and quit.

Driving the Nurburgring in a Van was a great show but she had Clarkson to play off of. I think that is where all the other shows struggle- you can come up with adequate replacements for May and Hammond and the Stig, but they all need a Clarkson to play off of, and he has been impossible to match.

Actually, she was with Hammond in that bit. What's not to like about a woman with first-rate driving skills and a good personality who's easy on they eyes without the usual TV glam?

Actually, she was with Hammond in that bit. What's not to like about a woman with first-rate driving skills and a good personality who's easy on they eyes without the usual TV glam?

Just a shame about Eddie Jordan, Leblanc and a couple of the others.