Jim M

What Does Gun Violence Really Cost?

7 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Mine are not all that eo this debate.txpressive and I can't tell if they want me to off myself or not.

Was your ammosexual overcompensator a yuge proponent of you killing yourself? Maybe it was because it knew you wanted to ban it?

Your comments render you increasingly irrelevant to this debate.

6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

More Americans have been killed by gun violence since 1968 than our dead from all wars combined.  I find that chilling.  (https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/more-americans-killed-guns-1968-all-u-s-wars-combined-n807156 )

Try to avoid self-murderizing yourself with your guns. And once again, gun control aimed at protecting us from self-murderizing ourselves strikes me as different from gun control aimed at banning and confiscating squirrel shooters and other "assault" weapons, since those focus on semi-auto's and very few people shoot themselves more than once.

15 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Your comments render you increasingly irrelevant to this debate.

The comments are good enough for Tom, so we get lots of comments on that level. He is deteriorating, IMO.

53 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

US has about 55,000 children , women and men killed each year so these cowards can get the HARD ON ,WTF. which 10 times more than any other country combine.

I think you have to count all the murders twice AND add in all the self-murders to get to 55k, but it is a scary number to people who don't understand your fuzzy math, so congrats on that. Do you need to fearmonger to get a HARD ON, WTF?

8 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

I think you have to count all the murders twice AND add in all the self-murders to get to 55k, but it is a scary number to people who don't understand your fuzzy math, so congrats on that. Do you need to fearmonger to get a HARD ON, WTF?

so I was a little off on my numbers

As per NYTIMES:Nearly 40,000 People Died From Guns in U.S. Last Year, Highest in 50 Years,

I guess there where no deaths at sandy hook or parkland , vergas , orlando 

Why don't you put AR -15 up your pussy and pull the trigger , and tell me how good it feels,

cause you are a pussy that needs a gun, 

14 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:
15 hours ago, garuda3 said:

US has about 55,000 children , women and men killed each year so these cowards can get the HARD ON ,WTF. which 10 times more than any other country combine.

You'd have to count all the murder and self-murder a lot more than 2x to get to 55K dead children - given that only about 3200 kids (out of 82 Million) are either murdered or self-murdered each year.  

14 hours ago, garuda3 said:

so I was a little off on my numbers

A little?  Off by 18x is a "little"?  

Is that what you tell your wife about your dick size?  

garuda: Hey honey, you want me to whip out my 9 inch hog?

wife:  Uhhhh, 9"???   (as she smirks) OK, whatever you say dear.  Don't worry, I still love your 3 & 1/2 inch, um, um, thing. 

garuda:  So I was off a little on my numbers

wife:  That's ok, its the thought that counts.

:lol:

know matter how you look at it  we're still # 1 , the most violent country , that either kills others or our selves, I hope more gun onwers take the latter.

2010_homicide_suicide_rates_high-income_countries.png

My favorite in florida! " stand your ground story " An unarmed man goes to rob a house , The home owner grabs his gun and tells the wife to call 911 , as an armed robber is in the house, The home owner shots the man, then the police show up and see a man with a gun standing over bloody body and shoot him dead. 

so the robber dies.the gun owner dies and the wife get the insurance money and runs off with her boy friend , how that's a happy ending

another fun shooting fact:

AUSTIN, Texas, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Three out of four U.S. children and teenagers killed in mass shootings over the past decade were victims of domestic violence and generally died in their homes, according to a study  released on Thursday by the gun control group Everytown.

11 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

another fun shooting fact:

AUSTIN, Texas, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Three out of four U.S. children and teenagers killed in mass shootings over the past decade were victims of domestic violence and generally died in their homes, according to a study  released on Thursday by the gun control group Everytown.

If accurate, this strongly supports the institution of proper "red flag" laws. 

10 hours ago, garuda3 said:

know matter how you look at it  we're still # 1 , the most violent country , that either kills others or our selves, I hope more gun onwers take the latter.

That's nice, and very clever of the Japanese to solve that whole suicide problem through gun control.

Or something.

Suicide-deaths-per-100000-trend.jpg

Must be the guns.

"Traffic violence"????    :lol:

one of my ex students was shot and killed last night  during an attempted robbery.  What does that cost? :(

7 hours ago, dacapo said:

What does that cost? 

Priceless ( sans sarcasm )