Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

hidi committee

Do you know who all these boats are and the order of finish in the N2E race?

ensenada.jpg

I know I was supposed to be on on Bad Pak but missed it because my son was born. Looks like he is already helping Daddy haha

looks like it ? logo, kite and all that

That guy

Those guys

Some guys

These guys

You guys

oh, a wise guy, eh?

wise guys were trailing the fleet. Smart asses went on a flyer .

Med man

Rebel Yell

Pyewacket

It's OK

Bad Pak

How did you identify the 3rd boat as Pyewacket?

Sail number would be one way. The name on the side of the hull might be another.

Sail number would be one way. The name on the side of the hull might be another.

Doh! I can totally read that!

pyewacket_name.png

Yeah... but it's clearly not this:

Oex

(ETA: plus, OEX DNF'd...)

pyewacket_name.png

I'll give you that one, but it's pretty easy to tell that the sail number has 3 digits and not two.

With out looking ya know it wasn't a GunBoat

They all finished

pyewacket_name.png

come now

jeeez

When the sun came up, we were just entering the Bay with Medicine Man, It's OK and Stealth Chicken over by Salsupuedes and Bad Pack, Bolt, Pyewacket, Rebel Yell all lined up to Todos Santos North Island. We were in the middle on board Horizon. The early morning out flow was nullifying any sea breeze that was left and then it started to fill from the beach. Medicine Man played the beach hard. Stealth Chicken got into a duel with Mirage which allowed us to get to the beach just ahead of them. Then just before the finish we got in a crossing situation with SC. We could have crossed. But, it would have been close and being the burdened boat we chose to jibe just to weather of them. We needed about 50 yards on starboard to get to the final lay line and there just happened to be a big kelp paddy floating right about where we needed to jibe. Stealth was trying to roll us to weather and simul jibed with us, which put them right into the kelp. So, our 20 yard lead turned into about 60 yards as we crossed the line.

Yes, it was painful covering only three miles in the first three hours. But, from just before midnight till entering the bay it was 8 to 14 knots and to finish with the maxis was pretty spectacular for us. First bullet in the books for the new owner!

itty bitty hidi committie :o :o :o :o :lol: