Sign in to follow this  
Heaven can wait

"Heaven Can Wait" 24 hour Yacht Race

See what happens when you have a great thread, and an even better Idea??? :ph34r:

What there was a better Idea than mine :lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

I'm lovinn this Tour de France though - SBS are doing it well??? Good Stuff

No, no, no it wasn't a better idea and I'm not saying anymore, because it's getting squashed by the grand papa.

I better go now, footings to pour in 6hrs.

i don't know if the YA/YV reg's can touch MP race cause i don't think they are affiliated with YA/YV, this was some time ago, like a couple of years, so don't know

i don't know if the YA/YV reg's can touch MP race cause i don't think they are affiliated with YA/YV, this was some time ago, like a couple of years, so don't know

Yachtie2K4,

Current status - quo with respect to MPONR organizers affiliating with YA/VY is an each way bett.

They haven't affiliated yet, but it's the constant alterations to the YA reg's that have kept this issue contentious. Do we, don't we ??????

The Organizers are keen to watch what happens with the HcW24-hour as although it has a somewhat different purpose, it does however have a very similar goal.

I am very grateful for their support, and I am happy to recipricate where ever I can. The Australian East Coast Needs these 2 Races, which have been ultimately established for the General Sailing public.

Thank you also guys for the leg up and over the 5 page mark - After all this is Your race, and without your participation I wouldn't have been able to get the outside support the Heaven can Wait 24-hour enjoys.

Thank you again guys :ph34r:

Another issue to throw into the mix.....

Just looked at my insurance and I have coverage or races less than 50Nm in length. I am sure that this is the same for may SBs and those that don't sail seriously offshore.

Anyone thought of having a chat to Club Marine and the other insurers about a bulk dispensation?

CC

Another issue to throw into the mix.....

Just looked at my insurance and I have coverage or races less than 50Nm in length. I am sure that this is the same for may SBs and those that don't sail seriously offshore.

Anyone thought of having a chat to Club Marine and the other insurers about a bulk dispensation?

CC

A mate of mine called it a "Twilight Zone" race.

Run around for 24 - hours and go nowhere??? :ph34r:

My policy with R&M is for upto 50 NM offshore, it doesn't mention anything about inshore, I'll look into it further for you.

I'm hoping that Club Marine will come aboard as Sponsors, Likewize with "Telstra Bigpond" (Kind of relevant don't you think) :ph34r:

HcW, have you got the bridge opening cleared yet, for when we get blown out of the not sheltered waters?

I wouldn't want that getting in our way as we get blown to Kiwiwland.

HcW, have you got the bridge opening cleared yet, for when we get blown out of the not sheltered waters?

I wouldn't want that getting in our way as we get blown to Kiwiwland.

You'll end up either in the mud or on a sand bank before that happens??

At any rate the RVCP building is within eyeshot of the Swansea bridge so we've got that covered as well.

Falling that we've got 9 (25foot plus) rescue boats and the CHC Helicopter from Williamtown to pick you up.

Falling that - you will write, won't you???

Go ahead YA do you feel lucky, do Ya "Tossers"

Stupid part about the Sheltered waters quiery from YA was it becomes unsheltered when it gets dark .........WTF??? :ph34r:

Under the covers of darkness............ Lake Mac becomes unsheltered.

Not much good anymore with writing, but we will send email, utilisng our Sydney38 uprgade package.

if 'full dress' ye olde hemlines may plummet too.

btw On whose authority is LM not sheltered waters ?

hcw is it not normal for entry to sign off on responsibility for craft compliance ? I don't get this ( and that makes me edgy ! ). Where is this not the case ? Why is it not the case here. Marlay works.

GybeSet,

The way we're going Fancy Dress is going to be the order of the day?

The wombles representing the YA's Rule Committee, didn't recognize LM as sheltered for an overnighter Cat 5 Event. Kind of misses the Point if it's only a 12hour.

I'm aware of the entrant to sign off on responsibility for craft compliance, however if the YA are going to enforce their rule requirements - half the world won't show.

Marlay could be implicated by new reg's - I've asked about their situation and AH from NSWYA kept the old Cards close to his chest.

Being granted that "Dispensation" hopefully will head off the "Sorry go home" note, where just trying to nail the basic logistics.

Need not be edgy - My Young doesn't comply, and how Dumb would that look if I'm not allowed to sail?

We went through this "what category" crap with the Port Hacking- Batemans Bay race when CYCA office holders stuck their interfering finger in and told the YA it should be Cat 2. They said they were worried about us losing boats and stuffing up the image of the sport - this was after they'd lost a bunch of guys and their immediate past commodore had lost a crewman in a Wednesday race and about the time the widows of the '98 race where on the front page asking where the money donated to them had got to.....

Anyway, we had a good hard look and the Category is always decided by the race organisers, not by the YA or AYF or another other (edited).

HCW, I've been quiet for a while for other reasons, I got a bunch of ISAF handicapping info in then the *&^%$ing email ate it; I'm trying to recover it and if not will get it sent back out. The ISAF guys have been good. We have their formulae to calibrate all the international rules. Of the Aussies, some won't provide their databases but I have older databases of 500+ Victorian boats to work from. All looks OK, send me a list of potential entries and I should be able to get something back to you within a fortnight.

We put a new rig in her.

Joking, just having cracks at the other side from the "Southport thread".

Sorry, I mean the bit about internet onboard.

Edited by Steve AUS

Chris 249, thank you - thought the Sportsboat Definition Thread had consumed you too.

Current size extremes suggest 4 Farr 50's, not sure what era - to Crossfire 20's. 130 ODD boats have expressed there intentions to race thus far - 30 of them Multi's

Steve - we're not allowed to go Offshore - the wives will see to that, got to stick with the Puddle, all beit a really big one.

HcW, over on a Southport thread they were going on about having WIFI and/or internet onboard for this year. Then others were saying they had it for awhile. I guess I was just off on a flyer.

HcW, over on a Southport thread they were going on about having WIFI and/or internet onboard for this year. Then others were saying they had it for awhile. I guess I was just off on a flyer.

"Tacking" :lol::lol::lol:;)

Steve,

You might know - is Omen still running around on Lake Mac, or has it gone on to "Greener" pastures????? :ph34r:

It a has gone to perhaps "bluer pastures", now in Mooloolaba.

Steve,

You might know - is Omen still running around on Lake Mac, or has it gone on to "Greener" pastures????? :ph34r:

It a has gone to perhaps "bluer pastures", now in Mooloolaba.

Had some ding - dong battles with that E, sailing on a MASRM 920 of all things - took us the better part of 5 hours to loose him and that was in a six hour race. :ph34r:

Omen is already winning in QLD, having taken the E7 QLD States recently.

I believe it has been there for a bit as the previous owner was Gladstonian.

Looks like it's had a succession of "Clever" sailors to own it.

One of the this that I always remember about the Boat, was that "Tropical White" seamed to be greyer than the others, and it had fantastic Sails - great shape, and also the boat looked settled. :ph34r:

One of the this that I always remember about the Boat, was that "Tropical White" seamed to be greyer than the others, and it had fantastic Sails - great shape, and also the boat looked settled. :ph34r:

I keep being told we are white, but I reckon we are more not white.

So tell me again, when do we enter blah, blah, I saw the flyer and the club website, will you be posting something?

I keep being told we are white, but I reckon we are more not white.

So tell me again, when do we enter blah, blah, I saw the flyer and the club website, will you be posting something?

Yep,

When we get a result on this YA issue, we can finish the NOR and the Sailing Instructions.

I will give You and Supine, and other boats participating in the trial all the required info shortly. How do you feel about being the Guinea Pigs the Pioneers of the HcW eh.

You certainly won't be alone as I think there are 10-11 boats sailing, with a pretty broad range of performance. Main thing is we get as much info from you guys as possible about any drama's you may have along the way. The trial will be a 24 - hour time limit - we need to see how far you get - should be interesting.

The VCP are also involved as they will be organising there proceedures around what you guys get up to. :ph34r:

No worries HcW, as long as the new kid behaves it self I will be there. And hopefully Supine might be able to help with the "local" bit.

HCW current Aus Yachting, article on liability, note the author whilst yer at it as i'd imagine his research may qualify him as a subject matter expert?

The E7 people are distributing info via email on the HcW and look to be drumming up interest for this coming Oct long weekend.

HCW current Aus Yachting, article on liability, note the author whilst yer at it as i'd imagine his research may qualify him as a subject matter expert?

GybeSet, thank you.

I had a friend mention something about that article, what does it say? - I've been saving my $$$$ to get you know who back sailing again.

Make any sense or is the article "woffle"?

Let us know if you could please so we can sort any aspects we may have missed??

Thank you. :ph34r:

The E7 people are distributing info via email on the HcW and look to be drumming up interest for this coming Oct long weekend.

It appears that way GnT,

E7 "Smooth As" from Wangi is going to both the trial and the race proper.

GybeSet, the owner used to own "Young Tart" the Young 780 racing out of Wangi - you'd know him wouldn't you.

GybeSet, thank you.

I had a friend mention something about that article, what does it say? - I've been saving my $$$$ to get you know who back sailing again.

Make any sense or is the article "woffle"?

Let us know if you could please so we can sort any aspects we may have missed??

Thank you. :ph34r:

? I saw whilst buying the 'fast' mag , Aus Sailing, not read the article.

I would read it but would need another to act as 'cockatoo' in case the papershop owner were to pounce. Galahs need not apply.

Don't know of any 780 owners really other than yourself.

"Fairy Nuff" GybeSet, I know what you mean by "Fast", I got a subscription of Aust Yachting while is was in hospital "Bugger".

To many adds and lead belly Woffle???

Good to see a Gaggle of E's take up the HcW trail though, all looks good for some more participation by Sportsboats????? :ph34r:

Absolutely, what about the local Lake Macquarie sportsboats.

GybeSet,

I know Wangi are going to start the Race Proper in numbers, and are sending a number of boats down for the trial.

Seems to me that the "Bush Telegraph" is working beautifully at present, which all makes for a great prospect for the Main Event.

I'd liken the HcW24-hour as almost the Bathurst equivelent for Sportsboats if they take up the challenge. Be nice if the Lake Macquarie Sportsboaters get active and do the race in numbers.

It's funny you know, with all the "Big boat" interest to date I'd reckon if I were a betting man, the O'all winner will come from the 23 to 30 foot LOA.

Lake Macquarie is a "Hugely" technical passage of water at night, more so because of the "Land" influence. I've sailed the Lake probably 9 or 10 times in the Wee small hours, and depending where you are sailing, the gains for the smaller boats can be massive.

The O'all winner will come from the boat that do the best in the Light airs and stay with the pressure.

So tell me guys, you going with charts or Plotters??? :ph34r:

Local nohow!

Hey Hcw, how's your weekend, getting ready for the rugger?

And the new E7 class site for those interested.Elliott 7

We've got a heap of local knowhow to do the race - but we've got a couple of tricks up our sleaves, which requires plotter help.

Been flicking between the Rugby and the Tour, all good really, except I've achieved nothing more than drive the kids around during today. :ph34r:

Local nohow!

Hey Hcw, how's your weekend, getting ready for the rugger?

And the new E7 class site for those interested.Elliott 7

We've got a heap of local knowhow to do the race - but we've got a couple of tricks up our sleaves, which requires plotter help.

Been flicking between the Rugby and the Tour, all good really, except I've achieved nothing more than drive the kids around during today. :ph34r:

Well that's a succesful Dad's day!

It's nice to have a thread that goes the distance for all the right reasons (re; CBTF thread on SA) That piece will long go down as the biggest waste of Mega Bites I've ever seen. Flame on????

"Bugger" about the Rugby

Your still a bunch of "Tossers", England in the Cricket

And sensational - Lance Armstrong - he's still a "Freak" of a bike rider!!

Proves you don't need "Balls" to win the Tour, just a big heart???? :lol::lol::ph34r:

Yep, with you on all counts.

I didn't think the Wallabies played as bad as the score said, bloody intercepts. The Boks were huge at the opening.

Had to watch LA finish off, unbelieveable.

Stone the crows, yr local RL team had a turnaround yesterday , cheer up!! ps Swans are in front !

GybeSet, my local team was North Sydney - but Manly put a stop to that the "Bastards".

Can't believe they'd get the Tour riders, to do 8 laps around Paris after 3 and 1/2 thousand K's - Made good viewing though with cobblestones being wet and all.

Back to the HcW 24-hour, has anyone got any questions?? Steve - GybeSet - Phil :ph34r:

GybeSet, my local team was North Sydney - but Manly put a stop to that the "Bastards".

Can't believe they'd get the Tour riders, to do 8 laps around Paris after 3 and 1/2 thousand K's - Made good viewing though with cobblestones being wet and all.

Back to the HcW 24-hour, has anyone got any questions?? Steve - GybeSet - Phil :ph34r:

Yeah, whats that tour got to do with YOUR tour?

It's made pretty good viewing over the past couple of weeks, during the lulls in the postings here on SBA.

Lance Armstrong and I both have or have had Testicular Cancer??? No other reason?? :ph34r:

It's made pretty good viewing over the past couple of weeks, during the lulls in the postings here on SBA.

Lance Armstrong and I both have or have had Testicular Cancer??? No other reason?? :ph34r:

Yeah, it was the 2nd one!

Good on both of you.

Hey, Steve I was asked recently this question, found it pretty funny?

"How does it feel, you know - down there?" "OK" I said "But it's lonely".

"Does it effect what you do?" - "No, I just spend each day walking aimlessly around in circle's"

- Sounds a bit like the HcW24-hour "Aimlessly sailing around in circle's that is?"

All for a good cause though, all for a good cause??? :ph34r:

Hey, Steve I was asked recently this question, found it pretty funny?

"How does it feel, you know - down there?" "OK" I said "But it's lonely".

"Does it effect what you do?" - "No, I just spend each day walking aimlessly around in circle's"

- Sounds a bit like the HcW24-hour "Aimlessly sailing around in circle's that is?"

All for a good cause though, all for a good cause??? :ph34r:

Hey H, At least you have an excuse!

What is it with Authorities, they won't endorse anything???

Public Liability you say?

Terrific when you have your National Sport Authority, asking for endorsements from the Authorities supporting your race, and they won't endorse anything.

Nothing like going around in circles eh guys? :ph34r:

Nothing like going around in circles eh guys? :ph34r:

Isn't that sort of what we are going to do? lol (now that i know what it means)

It's like this Steve, to do anything official you must go around in circles so that you can have permission to go around in circles.

I reckon I've got them sorted but I'm getting dizzy in the process?? :ph34r:

It's like this Steve, to do anything official you must go around in circles so that you can have permission to go around in circles.

I reckon I've got them sorted but I'm getting dizzy in the process?? :ph34r:

Hey H, it's obviously why I'm so bad at official stuff, because I'm crap at going around in circles!

Now don't forget that you are trying to run an event in unsheltered waters!!!!!!!!!

Unsheltered waters - I'll just get all the locals around the lake to leave there boatshed lights on, that'll stuff them.

I was reading one of the Posts on SA about Race Organisers Killing Yacht Racing, which I find amusing as basically I would just like to sail in an overnight race on Lake Macquarie. Just because I have to organise the bloody thing in the interum to do so is just a distraction.

Mind you it's a hell of an easier way to get Sponsors to at least get you out there.

Looks like in 2007, we're looking to purchase equipment for Cancer treating hospitals, as we're finding Charities, whilst well intentioned, are predominately asking the general public to raise money to keep them in jobs. Would rather see the $$$ go straight into Oncology nuts and bolts. :ph34r:

Looks like in 2007, we're looking to purchase equipment for Cancer treating hospitals, as we're finding Charities, whilst well intentioned, are predominately asking the general public to raise money to keep them in jobs. Would rather see the $$$ go straight into Oncology nuts and bolts. :ph34r:

Heaven, of course you know you are not alone in wanting a dark race, and all those who enter will appreciate your efforts.

Being able to have a race and contribute to a greater cause will be special.

Lucky we have you there as you obviously don't know too hard!

hcw

Any details you can share of said charities?

Sorry Rick about the delay,

I've had discussions with a Victorian Sailing Charity, which is aligned with a very large European Organisation. The discussion was more so based on providing various Cancer departments with equipment that they need, rather than go through the major charities - definately was an interesting idea as this Victorian Sailing Charity has done it in the past albeit with very limited financial resources.

A representative from the Large European Organisation contacted me Via the UK, to Sydney to Melbourne, regarding the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour, and although they couldn't get anything in place before the October 06 kick - off they expressed a desired interest to give the HcW their support for subsequent annual Events.

I'm sorry about being somewhat coy about who they are, however I've been instructed at this point just to ponder this suggestion. Put it this way Geelong Race Week may establish things in 07.

The type of things they've done thus far is mobile DVD players in Chemo day patient rooms - sure beats looking at the walls or reading Womens Day for 3-4hours. Nice Idea.

I hope this helps.

regards HcW :ph34r:

The cast and Crew of the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour welcome Tracy Maguire Real Estate as the Races first official Race Sponsor.

We also have 4 prospective Corperate Sponsors set to confirm there involvement over the next 2 weeks.

All in all a very exciting time as the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour Yacht Race is well on our way to reality - and thank you to all of you thread posters.

Very surprised how many Corporate site - see'rs visit SA, and even moreso this Thread.

Just to keep the interested parties up to speed with current developments, I'm close to getting "dispensation" with respect to the HSF haul - down. Yachts not complying with the YA's NSW Cat 5, self - righting or bouyancy requirements, Yachts may apply to the Race Organisers MPYC for Dispensation from that requirement, providing all boats comply with additional personal and onboard equipment.

This Dispensation is to assist the following Class examples:

Adams 10 - 11MOD - Etchell with O/B - E7 - T7 - Sportsboats - Soling with O/B - Trailerables - J24's - S80's and small keel boats not stability rated.

The organisers of the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour hope that on the granting of "Dispensation" from the Haul - down test, more Yachts may be encourage to enter.

HcW :ph34r:

Attention All Trialists,

Those willing participants gearing up for the HcW 24-hour Trial, your sailing instructions will be ready early next week.

We are confirming various aspects this weekend, so the Trial Sailing Instructions can be finalized.

Watch this Space?? :ph34r:

Attention All Trialists,

Please leave your SA name here, so as to I can contact you regarding the trial. Failing that PM me, as I need to let the VCP know in advance of the participating Yachts for the 05 Trial.

HcW
The type of things they've done thus far is mobile DVD players in Chemo day patient rooms - sure beats looking at the walls or reading Womens Day for 3-4hours. Nice Idea.

I hope this helps.

Aw gee .... you mean I don't have to read each Womens Weekly or Womans Day issue on about 10 consecutive visits? ...... :-)

Thanks HCW - hope all the planning's a coming together .....

So what do you think OzRick, work for you the DVD idea??

There is of course a heap more that could be done - a Public Radiotheropy Machine for the Central Coast is high on that list. :ph34r:

HCW,got your PM.I guess the weather is the big call for us to come up the coast.If its ok we may have to do a late entry type of thing.

The event interests us as something different,but having/currently doing the bootm up,keeping the boat out of the bag is not an option for a week or two at the lake.

I may make a call or 2 and see if there's a boat available to borrow from LMYC.Really it just depends on the weather.

HCW
So what do you think OzRick, work for you the DVD idea??

There is of course a heap more that could be done - a Public Radiotheropy Machine for the Central Coast is high on that list. 

DVD nice, but machinery is really the need - I was lucky that the radio machine was only 25 minutes from home - my heart goes out to anyone who has to travel for a "cooking" session. Unfortunately, it's one of those things you need experience of before you can pass judgement, and there is no-one I'd wish the need upon.

Keep up the good work ....

cheers

Rick

OzRick,

Had a lengthy "Chat" with my Oncologist today, turns out they've been asking for a Radio Theropy Machine for some years, however GOVERNMENT DEEMED THE FUNDING BETTER SPENT ELSEWHERE. Yeah right like a "Golden Handshake" for ex-poly's.

Also finding out there is a severe shortage of Electronically operated Hostpital beds, patients have to wait a week at present to get one. The Oncology Dept had a quadraplegic gentleman who had to spend 24/7 in a lifter, waiting to get a bed as the nurses couldn't lift him off the mechanical bed to go for Radio Theropy.

I guess ultimately, what ever can be purchased shall depend on what we all can raise from Events like the "Heaven can Wait".

How are you getting along up there - My Father in Law starts his Neuc-king next week. My Father in Law was diagnosed with Bowel Cancer the same day I was diagnosed (1 hour apart actually). That was a fun night I'll give you the hot tip.

Not??? :ph34r:

Chin up, it's only Radiation, probably no more than what you've received over a lifetime of "sailing" - I dare say Chemo's worse, you can't reflect on any good times with that???

HCW

My heart goes to your wife and kids .....

Beds is a goodie too .... I guess what I meant was DVD's are nice, but they don't keep us alive as such .... can't believe the beds cost $30k+, but that's what they tell me in Brissie .... for that I'd want traction control and turbo .... :-)

I'm doing okay - chemo in the morning, then up to Hogs for the fun for a few days .... looks like we're having an SA gathering at some stage .....

OzRick,

We're definately going to have something SA at the HcW24-hour, might even get Ed to ship us over some Pennants for registered Sailing Anarchy Boats.

I hope that Chemo is a bit kinder to your brain as it did nothing for me - I hope for you a much "smaller" dose, as I got "Vertigo" every time my wife drove around any corners on the way home. Yuk???

- I gained a heightened dis-respect for "Optus" telephone salespeople during my Chemo - haize, however I think it's stuck to this day???

Hope you have a great time up North -

Cheers

HcW

Steve AUS and others I hope it's a bit warmer out there for you in October, because it sure ain't balmy at present, "Quite Nipply Actually"

Nice Moon but?? :ph34r:

Well H, there's our advantage, we come from Canberra!

Now a HcW 24-hour on Lake Burleigh G,

That'd be a dower affair??? Circles, and lots of them - you might end up a "Polly" after all that, either that or dizzy????

- Steve, are you allowed to use Electric O/Bs out there, it's been a while since I last sailed there with the TS16's. :ph34r:

Hey HcW,

24hr on LBG, that would only be about 2 circles!

Nowadays, in the modern era, we are allowed ob's to get out and back. Getting out sometimes takes a bit longer, like yesterday we had a lovly little airshow on over the lake. We had the best seats, Roulettes, Meteor, F111, balistic F18, Chinook, over the mast.

Hey HcW,

24hr on LBG, that would only be about 2 circles!

Nowadays, in the modern era, we are allowed ob's to get out and back. Getting out sometimes takes a bit longer, like yesterday we had a lovly little airshow on over the lake. We had the best seats, Roulettes, Meteor, F111, balistic F18, Chinook, over the mast.

Steve, sounds like you couldn't hear yourself think - great to watch though??

All the best to you and your wife with your immenant Second :) Mr Mum MK2

The cast and Crew of the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour welcome Tracy Maguire Real Estate as the Races first official Race Sponsor.

We also have 4 prospective Corperate Sponsors set to confirm there involvement over the next 2 weeks.

All in all a very exciting time as the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour Yacht Race is well on our way to reality - and thank you to all of you thread posters.

Very surprised how many Corporate site - see'rs visit SA, and even moreso this Thread.

Just to keep the interested parties up to speed with current developments, I'm close to getting "dispensation" with respect to the HSF haul - down. Yachts not complying with the YA's NSW Cat 5, self - righting or bouyancy requirements, Yachts may apply to the Race Organisers MPYC for Dispensation from that requirement, providing all boats comply with additional personal and onboard equipment.

This Dispensation is to assist the following Class examples:

Adams 10 - 11MOD - Etchell with O/B - E7 - T7 - Sportsboats - Soling with O/B - Trailerables - J24's - S80's and small keel boats not stability rated.

The organisers of the "Heaven can Wait" 24 - hour hope that on the granting of "Dispensation" from the Haul - down test, more Yachts may be encourage to enter.

Do not know about self righting for the other classes but can provide you an IMS Certificate for the 11: Metre Class which shows a stability index of 104.

Issued in Hamburg, Germany.

As I understand it should not require dispensation.

Be nice to see "So What" and "guided Missile" running around with "Stealthy" during the 24-hour - maybe make a proper go of it and get "Vivace" down here as well, what do you think Lanson???

I spoke to a guy regarding some of the Multi - hulls looking to enter the race, and some of the speeds these things can reach, especially a "Brand New" Carbon Tri - it's twice as fast as any other Cat 1 Racing Tri. Looks like us single fumble footers are going to have to have eyes in the back of our heads. Ye Ha ???? :ph34r:

Be nice to see "So What" and "guided Missile" running around with "Stealthy" during the 24-hour - maybe make a proper go of it and get "Vivace" down here as well, what do you think Lanson???

:ph34r:

Vivace is meant to be in the hands of the deposited owner Sorro next, not Lanson's sailing buddies , tho the whisper is that they would be wise to deliver it in top shape poste-haste and transform it from the long-running 'bog plug' they have created.

this DRAMA has more episodes. twists and turns than Neighbours, and is running near as long , next rumour is you won't see a 70nana until someone coughs up for some in advance, GET that keel out there, must see how it goes.

meanwhile Viv is a "B.. plug" a rendered facade of her former glory, covered in a cheap 'by the drum' grade of PlastiBond (love that pink !) , hope that goo is as well STIRRED as this ..

post-14-1124679000.jpg

I reckon the Main Event in 2006 is going to look something like this, especially through the Pulbar Straights??

So you guys getting excited or what???

Thanks to the SA Front Page

STARBOARD !......................YOUR POINT IS?????

post-14-1124797773.jpg

I reckon the Main Event in 2006 is going to look something like this, especially through the Pulbar Straights??

So you guys getting excited or what???

Thanks to the SA Front Page

STARBOARD !......................YOUR POINT IS?????

that would pass for LM but wheres the gannetts?

sounds a tad more exciting than the actual 'Pulbah Straits'

(nb. no 'gh' )

No gannetts on LM only Corperate feather dumpsters.

Some of the punters think we are going to have a MAJOR log jam 1st time round in Pulbah Straights - that's where the TV camera's are going to be apparently - good for a look there for Land Lubbers??? :ph34r:

Pulbar Straights??

STRAITS mate STRAITS.

wtf are pullbar straights,

heterosexual masturbaters ?? or just trying to 'true it up' a bit ?

for the non-locals the reference is likely ( ???? ) to mean the stretch of water next to Pulbah Island, not officially known as 'P S', but descriptive enough to get the message across; you know ......... blow-ins from the big smoke , you make allowances.

Lake naming conventions a bit tricky huh, lesson up cityboy , below is the infamous Lake Macquarie Shitting Sea Duck, or Shittius Deckum Vesselicus

What so you are going to have a go at my spelling NOW?

Yokle Hillbilly's long bin callin a pig an OINK, and the notorious Pulbah Strait no different.

Strait - passage or stretch of water that separates two large bodies of water. (Thank you Mr Macquarie)

Strait - passage or stretch of water that separates two large bodies of water. (Thank you Mr Macquarie)

So they named the lake after this Mr Macquarie? Is he famous? Obviously a sailor.

passage or stretch of water that separates two large bodies of water.

(Thank you Mr Macquarie)

wasn't there some land/rock in there somewhares John-Boy Macquarie,

less whittlin' and mo' cuttinpastin' boy

Mr Macquarie..................................Dictionary, actually it was my wifes Nursing Dictionary and "The Passage" had a far more interesting definition??

And it's my whittlin and I whittle it as fast and as hard as I like, just excuse me while I change hands?? :lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

so HcW is gonna bring his rc boat (even though it prob wont sail) down to the elliott 7 states the weekend after HcW24hr Lake Macquarie race!

in neutral or not?

So Gybes what parts wrong?

And whats neutral, is that the ref?

gawds sake

passage or stretch of water that separates two large bodies of water

READ water that separates water ???

shall I spell it out or draw a picture !!

Do not navigate with these blokes, speshly at night

I suggest yas invest in some forward facing sonar from raytheon.

I think you should worry about aiming for this strait near Pulbah in broad daylight let alone night

tho it is claimed to be water surrounded by water off-course this is not true, land each side

got it ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

notwithstanding, separate from the above, there are no official Straits, bent, reformed or otherwise in LM

Neutral is (performing an action) prior to engaging 'it' into gear, in this case posting on forum.