silent bob

Fucking Uber

Dear Uber driver, what part of "Left Turn Only" didn't you understand at the intersection? Turning on your turn signal after you start merging in the intersection? A turn signal is like asking permission. My horn blasting is saying "Don't go in there!" Learn how to drive, and get a Commercial Drivers License, and Insurance!

I realize you're trying to pay off your student loan for your degree in Sociology, which lead you to the cashier job at the coffee place after Starbucks trashed your application. Was it really that hard to ask "Do you want whipped cream on that?" So what makes you think you can handle traffic, when you can't even tie your own shoes?

And that skunky weed you smoke is not "Medicinal"!

So, take your little "U" sticker in your window and shove it up your ass. Fuck Ü!

Is Paris tied up again this morning with striking cab drivers protesting???

Yes, Calais had their fun earlier this week.

Is Paris tied up again this morning with striking cab drivers protesting???

Can't say for Paris but here on the Cote it has been shit the past two days. Yesterday was 2.5 hrs to drive 30 miles to work. Today not much better. Not fun.... Uber is getting more popular here as the taxi drivers are thieves, up to €80 to drive 13 miles from the airport. Uber is about €20 but you take your chances with what type of car picks you up.

The general population has very little or no sympathy for the taxi drivers especially when they are blockading the airport so nobody gets in or out.

Bob

Relax, deep calming breath.

feel better?

Good. Now go buy a Chevy tahoe or suburban.

Those fuckwits know better than to barge on a tanker.

Well except the ones sailing Hobie 33s.. ;>)

And stop knocking their situation.

Not everyone at UCONN can play basketball or has a daddy who already owns a company.

Upon graduation, reality hits hard. At least they are trying to dig their way out of $200K of wasted time & money.

(Seen the kids of so many buddies get a piece of useless paper from UCONN, it was the only school I told my little one I was not picking up the check on when she was scoping colleges)

Dear Uber driver, what part of "Left Turn Only" didn't you understand at the intersection? Turning on your turn signal after you start merging in the intersection? A turn signal is like asking permission. My horn blasting is saying "Don't go in there!" Learn how to drive, and get a Commercial Drivers License, and Insurance!

I realize you're trying to pay off your student loan for your degree in Sociology, which lead you to the cashier job at the coffee place after Starbucks trashed your application. Was it really that hard to ask "Do you want whipped cream on that?" So what makes you think you can handle traffic, when you can't even tie your own shoes?

So, take your little "U" sticker in your window and shove it up your ass. Fuck Ü!

Having a bad day, are we? I heard Courtney Love had to hop on a motorcycle to leave the airport in Paris after taxi drivers trashed her Uber ride.

He had plenty of opportunity to merge earlier, go behind me, or turn left. I don't give a fuck if he's lost. His Uber app, or Siri should tell him that he's an asshole! I should have followed him to where he dropped off his passengers, so that I could have shamed him in front of them. I did give him the angry finger as I passed him. I hope his passengers gave him a low rating.

He had plenty of opportunity to merge earlier, go behind me, or turn left. I don't give a fuck if he's lost. His Uber app, or Siri should tell him that he's an asshole! I should have followed him to where he dropped off his passengers, so that I could have shamed him in front of them. I did give him the angry finger as I passed him. I hope his passengers gave him a low rating.

An App that tells people they're assholes would quite possibly be the most used App in history.

your story sounds like a few cab (real cabs) rides I took in DC last summer. Only had one good driver that knew where to go without being showed a google map ect. Figure the degree of separation between Uber and cab drivers is low.

Figure the degree of separation between Uber and cab drivers is low.

there is no seperation - as of last january 1/3 of SF Cab Drivers had left for uber or lyft. that's assuredly much higher now, and based on observation replicated in many other cities. the lazy dumbasses in the media still insist this is the 'sharing economy'

I still don't know how they get around licensing laws. I remember my dad doing work for a few clients with the PUC for limo companies. It took time to get the authority. When Uber started wasn't it mostly livery services between drop off and pick ups? At least they are licensed and insured. I wonder what all the discount auto insurances will do if something happens in a personal vehicle with personal not commercial insurance?

I still don't know how they get around licensing laws. I remember my dad doing work for a few clients with the PUC for limo companies. It took time to get the authority. When Uber started wasn't it mostly livery services between drop off and pick ups? At least they are licensed and insured. I wonder what all the discount auto insurances will do if something happens in a personal vehicle with personal not commercial insurance?

Uber has a $2mil policy on drivers...IF they have a rider in the car.

Now that Uber X BS will see many YouTube sob stories when they get their asses handed to them.

Uber's CEO sounds like a real douche everytime I see a clip of him opening his mouth, but he did strike gold with the skew that Uber is a tech company, not a trans company.

"A turn signal is like asking permission." WTF? What country do you live in? If you can see my turn signal that means you are BEHIND me, and as they said in Gumball Rally, "
what is a behind me does a not matter".

"A turn signal is like asking permission." WTF? What country do you live in? If you can see my turn signal that means you are BEHIND me, and as they said in Gumball Rally, "

Side marker lights flash on most modern cars, sb had overlap, no room.

For some reason this never happens to me when I am driving my truck... :rolleyes:

For some reason this never happens to me when I am driving my truck... :rolleyes:

Mast abeam and "leeward" is yelled and the move is made. Fuck'm if they can't react and if presented properly, they will move away.

Big Chevy extended cab long bed, if they can't see me coming...

Wife drives a big blue Dodge Magnum, it looks intimidating and if you don't pay attention to her needs she becomes it as well.

Mast abeam and "leeward" is yelled and the move is made. Fuck'm if they can't react and if presented properly, they will move away.

Big Chevy extended cab long bed, if they can't see me coming...

Wife drives a big blue Dodge Magnum, it looks intimidating and if you don't pay attention to her needs she becomes it as well.

Proper course!!!

Primered, lowered 75 1ton dually... When I say "I'll hit ya" they believe. :lol:

There ya go. Who says gross tonnage doesn't count on the road.

I've had good experience with Uber... use them frequently when in Miami. Multiple phone chargers, get offered bottled water, etc...

Hate f-ing cabs.

Try India.... no rearview mirrors, no turn signals... just horns. I got honked at, then almost run over, walking on the sidewalk.

And when the light turns green, GO! I don't care that you're updating your Facebook profile picture to the rainbow wash, Fucking Move! When I honk, just move. Don't give me a dirty glare. You're the one that causing a problem, not me. And no matter how muck you mess with your hair or makeup your boyfriend will probably let you suck his dick, whichever gender you happen to be.

You should see some of the charmers that drive regular cabs in Central NJ. They're not all Indian/Middle Eastern. I wish they were.

Isn't it funny when they get told to play by the rules?! Now the next thing is when their "Independent Contractors" are deemed "Employees" by the IRS.

Uber is fantastic. If I'm in Brooklyn and need to get home (midtown Manhattan) late on a Saturday night my options are the subway, which will take over an hour, a cab provided I can find one, or Uber for the same cost as the cab.

With Uber 99 times out of 100 the car will be much nicer than the cab and what's more important, it will actually be there. The taxi industry in NYC is a gigantic racket and I haven't yet met a person here at least who's used the service and then written it off.

Uber is fantastic. If I'm in Brooklyn and need to get home (midtown Manhattan) late on a Saturday night my options are the subway, which will take over an hour, a cab provided I can find one, or Uber for the same cost as the cab.

With Uber 99 times out of 100 the car will be much nicer than the cab and what's more important, it will actually be there. The taxi industry in NYC is a gigantic racket and I haven't yet met a person here at least who's used the service and then written it off.

A slightly different view of the Uber vs. Cabs in Toronto.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/adventure/red-line/how-uber-is-ending-the-dirty-dealings-behind-torontos-cab-business/article25515301

I actually signed up to be an Uber driver, mostly just to piss cab drivers off. 7 rides in I still have a 4.96 rating, woohoo!

Just had Über drop off a passenger next to me. He pulls out unit traffic while he's fucking with his phone on the dash, then pulls it out of the cradle and is talking into it, looking at it instead of the road.

Learn to Fücking Drive! California is a "Hands Free" state. What part of holding it in your hand is "Hands Free"?

Fücking Idiot!

And when the light turns green, GO! I don't care that you're updating your Facebook profile picture to the rainbow wash, Fucking Move! When I honk, just move. Don't give me a dirty glare. You're the one that causing a problem, not me. And no matter how muck you mess with your hair or makeup your boyfriend will probably let you suck his dick, whichever gender you happen to be.

If you honk at me you're going to wait- and wait- and wait - and wait..... Right as the light turns yellow, I'll go, and you'll wait some more-

If you honk at me you're going to wait- and wait- and wait - and wait..... Right as the light turns yellow, I'll go, and you'll wait some more-

So when the doctor asks you why you have RAMWEL imprinted on your colon, you can explain how you thought you would teach the crazy guy a lesson in patience, not knowing that he was running late to the boat...

Ah, the sharing economy, where you share all the labor and risk, and the people behind the app share all the profit.

Feudalism by another name.

Dear Über Driver, please learn to use your Fucking Turn Signal. It's not that hard. It's on the left side of the steering wheel. You push it down when you're going to turn left, and push it up when you're turning right. You're supposedly a Professional Driver, learn to act like it. Don't listen to the two fat bulldykes in the back seat. If they don't know where the Lesbian Bar door is, you can drive around the block, or let them walk a few yards. They need the exercise. And your not getting laid by either of them.

Had an Über driver parked outside my shop in the red "No Parking" zone today. He was fully reclined in the driver's seat, watching a video on his phone with both earbuds in. Is this how they're trained. Oh, there is no "Über Training". What a dumbshit! Hopefully he'll do the same on the railroad tracks.

You must have gotten Habeb.

Hey, Stüpid, don't stop in the middle of a traffic lane to let passengers out! I don't care if your flashers are on. Pull over. You don't let passengers exit into the traffic lane! You don't slow down the flow of traffic! Again, those fat ass passengers need to walk a few feet to get their feed.

Fück Über!

Dear Copenhagen Uber driver:

You smell like rotten cabbage and old dinghy boots, and it is clear you have been chain smoking in your car since you test drove it on the lot. The 2-euro 'de-ionizing vanilla scent' that you spray in the car doesn't do anything positive; it just makes your car smell like an old stripper with a yeast infection and a smoking habit.

You think the insides of the cars are bad, you should see the mechanicals...metal to metal brakes, bald tires, no maintenance just the free warranty stuff, scary. :o

Lol-

I got yelled at by some uppity tourist cunt for not stopping for her at the crosswalk... She was yelling at me that it's the law as she walked across the street...in front of my stopped truck...

She did the out n back... She should've been thankful that her face wasn't mashed into my radiator but noooo. This Vanilla Vagzilla had to get to the beach right that second. All I did was make her question her decision to cross the second time, how dare I?

For shits'n'giggles I opened my Uber app in Wisconsin. Kid driving his parents Escalade for uni money showed up in under 10mins.

The vehicle had been serviced properly & I was glad to get out of the rain with my date. The dead hooker's yeast infection smell was coming off me.

I would've taken a cab...HAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA sorry, who the hell LIKES cab rides?

Oh yeah, who owns the big white sled in Bayfield? Has to have a 9' draft because the only place he can park it is right next to the Travelift?

so uber driver picks up woman with her grocery bags at the whole foods. not a huge deal. its got a "loading zone" of sorts that about half a lane wide...and pedestrian crosswalks..

so from the parked cars to the curb you've got about 30 feet wide.

its late PM rush lots of folks trying to get their shit and get home.

uber thinks that this is the perfect spot to do a 3 point turn to turn around rather than driving o the ends of the row of parked cars and heading down the next row.... I had half a mind to pull up and get so close that he could not complete the turn and force him to go his original direction. but I figured it would just end up pissing off even more people.

On campus, they just stop and discharge their passengers. no cares about traffic conditions or trying to get somewhere safer to let their passengers out...

uber/lyft drivers have become regular taxi drivers...the one thing they vowed they were not and that they were better than...

Ok - some drivers are shite...regardless of who they work (or don't work) for. Still say taxi drivers are far more rude and worse drivers than Uber... at least most Uber drivers own their own cars, so there is self-preservation involved. Plus they are continuously rated, if they receive less than 4 stars (out of 5), Uber drops them. When was the last time you were able to "rate" a yellow-cab driver ? I'll take Uber/Lyft any day over any other mode of "public" transportation.

Ok - some drivers are shite...regardless of who they work (or don't work) for. Still say taxi drivers are far more rude and worse drivers than Uber... at least most Uber drivers own their own cars, so there is self-preservation involved. Plus they are continuously rated, if they receive less than 4 stars (out of 5), Uber drops them. When was the last time you were able to "rate" a yellow-cab driver ? I'll take Uber/Lyft any day over any other mode of "public" transportation.

they are the same fucking people.

Would love a citation on your assumption... Every Uber driver have personally talked to (20 plus) has never driven for the local cab union. In Bermuda, I will say you are correct (though it's not Uber, but some other ride-sharing service I can't recall the name of). The ride-sharing cars are the actual cabs.... and in the few times I called a cab in Bermuda, they wouldn't come unless I used their App.

Would love a citation on your assumption.

Not an assumption at all; 1/3 of SF drivers had left for ride-sharing services 3 years ago. I'd expect that to only have increased- http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/01/16/san-francisco-cab-drivers-migrate-to-uber-other-car-services/

Observationally I've seen Uber directly canvassing cab stands when they intended to launch in a new market.

I worked as a cab driver for a while...it was a blast...driving old cop cars as hard as I wanted...meeting way interesting people...and getting paid...give it a try....fuck uber

If cabs did not suck so bad there would be no market for uber and lyft. It would be interesting to see how many fewer drunk drivers there are on the road because of uber/lyft.

If cabs did not suck so bad there would be no market for uber and lyft. It would be interesting to see how many fewer drunk drivers there are on the road because of uber/lyft.

So true. Uber has seriously cut back on my drunk driving after racing. B)

Really!? You pick up a fucking passenger on the corner of a busy intersection during rush hour? He couldn't go to the driveway 100' away? Learn some fucking manners! Oh yeah, I forgot, you graduated from one of those Liberal Arts schools!

Really!? You pick up a fucking passenger on the corner of a busy intersection during rush hour? He couldn't go to the driveway 100' away? Learn some fucking manners! Oh yeah, I forgot, you graduated from briefly attended one of those Liberal Arts schools!

FIFY

On 3/13/2017 at 3:00 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Not an assumption at all; 1/3 of SF drivers had left for ride-sharing services 3 years ago. I'd expect that to only have increased- http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/01/16/san-francisco-cab-drivers-migrate-to-uber-other-car-services/

Observationally I've seen Uber directly canvassing cab stands when they intended to launch in a new market.

To quote myself - per Uber internal documents their competition for drivers is Lyft and McDonalds. This ain't new kiddies.

Now that Mr Hustle is on leave and they've purged some sleaze - ya, lets get a rape victims medical and police file, then keep it with us - what have they left?

On 3/9/2017 at 8:05 PM, silent bob said:

Who wants to bet that Travis Kalanick is shitcanned by Uber by the end of the year, and driving for Lyft?!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Uber-founder-Travis-Kalanick-resigns-as-CEO-11235062.php

Shitcanned!

Only a matter of time before he's found in a Prius, driving for Lyft cause he needs that extra $20 a week!

On 03/09/2017 at 10:16 PM, silent bob said:

...have to wonder, did the Uber driver do something to deserve the beatdown?

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Video-Bike-gang-beats-driver-in-middle-of-SF-10989429.php

I'm wondering what those guys with the unlicensed (and presumably uninsured) off-road vee-hickles are doing on a numbered state highway, or anywhere else that a random member of the legal driving public has a chance of materially bothering them.

On 6/13/2017 at 10:41 PM, Dilligaf0220 said:

Because "Always Be Hustlin'" is now a vice instead of a virtue.

yup, being at war with everyone isn't a business model for a $60 billion company. fucking over everyone doesn't scale man.

Road comes to a T.  Left lane goes left, right lane goes right.  Pretty simple.  Quarter mile line up of cars in the right lane. Brake lights and turn signals.  Pretty fucking obvious that they’re turning right.  Fucking fat ass Über drives in the left lane to the front of the queue, and wants to turn right. She tries to wedge in, but the other drivers have nowhere to go and don’t want to let her in as they’ve been waiting a while in gridlock.  So the rest of us trying to turn left get stuck behind this fucking selfish, ignorant ÜberCunt as she’s adamant about turning right.  I hope that her blue waffle cunt lips fuse together,  so that she can’t bear any fucked up offspring.

Fück Über!  

And you would think that with all the technology of the new hybrids, that the drivers could Twitter about all the cock they sucked last night without using their thumbs!

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Why woude you neede thumbes to sucke cocke?

Forgette I asksed, no neede to no.                                  :)

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, silent bob said:

Well, if Equifax did't fuck you, Uber probably did!:

Hackers stole the personal data of 57 million Uber passengers and drivers

Co-worker told me yesterday that when he filed his taxes, they were rejected, because someone had already filed under his SSN.  Apparently since the Equifax hack, hundreds of thousands of tax filers will have the same issue.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:10 PM, silent bob said:

Saw that on news the other night.  Apparently 10 shots were fired.  Fucking 10.  He is claiming self defense, but they are holding him and testing for drugs etc.  Weird shit going down around here lately, stuff that never happened is happening since spring arrived.  Stabbings, lgbtq racism, 3 or so weird shootings in last couple weeks and now this.