• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
PuffyJman

Motorcycle Threads

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Nice - that's $800 worth of seat on that bike.  The backrests are wonderful on a long run. 

Yes they are. I live fairly close to the factory and have had custom seats made since the late 80's. I may have this one redone as it should about 2 inches taller for me.

Actually that's $1200 worth of Corbin seat in today's money

The Corbin hard bags are 2 grand. The guy spent a fortune and then rode it less than 500 miles a year

15 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Yes they are. I live fairly close to the factory and have had custom seats made since the late 80's. I may have this one redone as it should about 2 inches taller for me.

Actually that's $1200 worth of Corbin seat in today's money

The Corbin hard bags are 2 grand. The guy spent a fortune and then rode it less than 500 miles a year

Thanks for the correction - I'm glad you're getting to enjoy the POs investments! 

59 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

I foung it for a cheepass neighbour who cant turn wenches 

Girl who owned it came down to $500

Neighbor himhawed and said he really needed to think about it because bla bla bla

I called girl and told her I would come see it w $500 in me pocket

And I would hand her the money ir tell her Im not interested

I pulled up on me Harley , took a look and said fuck me that's a score

I rebuilt the carb thst was coated w hard varnish inside, tank was dented and full of rust

2 cans of carb cleaner and a doner carb that a friend gave up trying to rebuild snd sum time and csrb is fine

Brand new 3.4 gal tank off amazon = $70 delivered, $50 for a knockoff LED Daymaker bulb off amazon too.

And now it is sharp as a tac and sounds like a singer sewing machine

Im gunna sell me 08 SuperGlide and 81 IronHead and thought I would ride the Rebel while looking

Its Not up to the task of gettin my Ass around the way I need to get my Ass around

Im no longer used to a lag getting up to speed

And I can tell that no part of the Rebell is Happy w me on it under way

I stand to make sum Koin while making some Student "The Leader of the Pack"

Gawd would I Love to have had this 50 years ago when I had a Kawasiki 120 and a Honda 90 and thought I was on Top of the World

Its a Kids Bike, It was fun to work on But as soon as new airfilter and plugs arive

it shall go to a Proper Home - In my Pocket as More money than when it came out :-)

Sounds like you got a helluva deal!   Now - I need to find someone w/a Ducati Scrambler who's spouse is making 'em sell it for $1500.... 

3 hours ago, bmiller said:

Buy her some pretty girl goggles and all will be forgiven.

Already did that. 

I put duct tape on the outside of the lens and little pictures of younger Tom Selleck on the inside.

13 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Already did that. 

I put duct tape on the outside of the lens and little pictures of younger Tom Selleck on the inside.

Lol! 

I have an windshield that’s about 2” too high for me and it’s tinted. Sux in the rain. I’ve never been good at cutting plexiglass or Lexan got any pointers?

On 10/20/2017 at 9:58 PM, Dorado said:

It's not that hard. It's just like drilling a hole below the waterline on a new boat.

Yup - tape both sides, cut above the line, sand down to it.   I like the "Novus" brand 3-part plastic polish to clean up any scratches. 

You only need to tape the cut line - it doesn't require a whole roll of tape.

Very fine toothed blade too.

A second pair of hands to keep the off cut from flapping helps as well.

I had seen some spy reports on the 18 Wing a couple months ago. The double wishbone front end looks interesting and the bike is a technological marvel. I test rode the new BMW bagger in Sturgis this year and liked the clutchless transmission but you needed to use the clutch for stops and starts, however the Wing looks like a true clutchless system. I wish Honda would do test rides at rallys because I may be persuaded to own one, but alas they force you to go to a dealer and be a serious player before you can throw a leg over and take it for a spin.

4 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

I had seen some spy reports on the 18 Wing a couple months ago. The double wishbone front end looks interesting and the bike is a technological marvel. I test rode the new BMW bagger in Sturgis this year and liked the clutchless transmission but you needed to use the clutch for stops and starts, however the Wing looks like a true clutchless system. I wish Honda would do test rides at rallys because I may be persuaded to own one, but alas they force you to go to a dealer and be a serious player before you can throw a leg over and take it for a spin.

I wouldn't even want a free test ride

I have friends who love spoke rims as you can work on them

I likrw mags as you don't need to work on them

That fucking transistor nightmare couldnt be worked on and you Will need to.

Reminds me of a shitty BMW car where 1/2 the price

is the 5 years of maintnence required to get it throught a Lease 

Oh and if that thing falls over at a dead stop might be $10,000 in plastic and paint

I have a Dodge Ram for the times I would ride that 

I like to see the componants making up the bike I ride

That bike is gunna live under a bag in a garage

A 3 wheeled Rocket would be Much Better as you are Not going to get a Motorcycle Thrill on that Ever

Why not just one of these and get a me too w Big Tits to ride along side 

https://goo.gl/images/VTqzoy

$_1.JPG

Modern bikes have no allure for me 

My brother owns one and these and 25 other bikes 

I occasionally get to ride it 

Image result for vincent black prince value image

1955 mint Vincent Black Prince

I sat on the K 1600 B at a dealership a few weeks ago. Amazing bike but not nearly enough leg room for me .

At 18,000 miles, you have to pony up $1,100 for them to do the valve check. And more if they need adjusting. :o

Kind of like owning a Ferrari, I guess you just gotta pay to play.

I will never understand the appeal of those monster cruisers - all the negatives of bikes AND cars and none of the benefits of either.

If you don't want the elemental experience of a bike then buy a fuckin' convertible sport car.

14 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I will never understand the appeal of those monster cruisers - all the negatives of bikes AND cars and none of the benefits of either.

If you don't want the elemental experience of a bike then buy a fuckin' convertible sport car.

I understand your perspective, and I prefer naked bikes myself.  BUT - if your primary mode of riding involves regular, repeated 750 mile days?   The comforts that those  big GW, BMW and HD Ultra's provide will become welcome.   Lotsa GW garage queens, sure - but a whole lot of 'em  w/250K + on the odometer as well. 

I liked that F6 version of the GW that came out a couple years ago, but, as Woody so "poignantly" alluded - there ain't much that a normal rider can do to diagnose/repair them.  of course, w/the reliability tha Honda builds in to their machines in general?  one oughta be able to get a whole lotta miles before any of that is needed. 

27 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I understand your perspective, and I prefer naked bikes myself.  BUT - if your primary mode of riding involves regular, repeated 750 mile days?   The comforts that those  big GW, BMW and HD Ultra's provide will become welcome.   Lotsa GW garage queens, sure - but a whole lot of 'em  w/250K + on the odometer as well. 

I liked that F6 version of the GW that came out a couple years ago, but, as Woody so "poignantly" alluded - there ain't much that a normal rider can do to diagnose/repair them.  of course, w/the reliability tha Honda builds in to their machines in general?  one oughta be able to get a whole lotta miles before any of that is needed. 

Perfect bike to Lease 

Bad bike to drop

And as wide and heavy as it looks its gunna fall over eventually 

No Thank You

I need a bike I can throw around a little if the need arises

Those PIGs are a lunbering car you cant get head in

Worthless to me

Speaking of dropping them - what do you do? Can one person get one back up or do you have to have help? I understand they are approaching 1/2 a ton when fully loaded.

6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Speaking of dropping them - what do you do? Can one person get one back up or do you have to have help? I understand they are approaching 1/2 a ton when fully loaded.

maybe that's why they make em so round 

17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The MSF course actually teaches a way to do this.  You back up to the bike, bend at the knees, put your butt against the seat, grab the handlebars and seat and step back to raise the bike. 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The MSF course actually teaches a way to do this.  You back up to the bike, bend at the knees, put your butt against the seat, grab the handlebars and seat and step back to raise the bike. 

and then do it again from the other side and so on and so on.

37 minutes ago, chester said:

and then do it again from the other side and so on and so on.

EggZakery

Except once it falls on 2nd side its Totaled so just set it afire

On 10/25/2017 at 2:06 PM, SloopJonB said:

Just ask some girl to pick it up for you. start at 1:30

59 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Just ask some girl to pick it up for you. start at 1:30

Fucking 1/2 fallin

ya should be leaning into the turns that far

Sad !!!!!!!!

why not

Image result for motorcycle roll cage

They have landed in North America and heading through customs.  Maybe the game changer bike. BMW designed - Indian built 310 cc adventure bike that is beginning to recieve stellar reviews. Price under 6K USD.  Look for a motorcycle renaissance like the Honda "meet the nicest people" 1960s campaign and their revolutionary small bike introduction into the US.  The Japanese and Harley will take a year or more to respond. BMW expects to sell 150,000 a year of this g310 R and G310 GS. (they sell 50,000 units of other models - totaling 200,000 per year.)

BMW-G310-GS.jpg

Just so happens I'm looking for a dual sport. But my budget excludes most of the BMW. I would really like a Dakar 650 and they are about the same price as a brand new one of those.

Anxiously  awaiting.

I have a deposit on the 310 GS.  Very Excited about the light bike. perfect for urban riding and forest roads around the bay area. Still will keep the big old BMW for sentimental reasons.

Selling the big boat - no slip fees means i can pay off the bike in a few months.  I will be riding all wet winter, sailing a sports boat in a wet suit, crew on a transpac and saving for a cheapo euro trash charter come next September.  Big changes for this kid!

Update: My sailing buddy and fellow crew on ocean sailing just sat on the store G310 R after I told him about what i have done. He just dropped a deposit too. He figures it will take him on some good hard packed trails for fishing and light camping as well as ease up his city parking and traffic headaches.

What do you think it will handle as far as camping gear? Is the aftermarket geared up with accessories yet?

310cc won't get much Ass around much

But for the right person ........

Girls love a good consistent thumper. I have found that best women don't care too much about a bikes hp but more about where this adventure was going to take them next. As far as know, most are willing to get and hold on to us - that's were the thrill is not the tool that goes way too fast. If I want to impress the materialist  - I have a beautiful classic cafe racer which I suspect will gather dust.

as for fire roads touring, camping and ability to carry a fly rod - the set up would be similar to any other bike. Soft bags and a hard case would almost be ideal. Carrying a liter of fuel in a small canister means 25 miles extra range.

I have already done big adventure bikes and nasty dirt bikes. Sure they are great but this little big bike gives me 95 percent of what those bikes deliver. That missing 5 percent is the intangible which I can dismiss as subjective and can be reached on foot or by trailer. 

Now I have another buddy who want one - it makes three. We are already talking about putting on a trailer and taking them to Utah for morning rides, camping waterside and doing a little fishing among the red rocks next spring. It is turning out to be nice affordable toys that bring old friends with various economics together for shits and giggles. A return to a place where good, simple and affordable keeps our real intent in focus.

Shits and Giggles are good, especially at our age.

I hope BMW got their minds right on this one and stressed bulletproof reliability over all else.

When's the baby coming home?

12 minutes ago, Dorado said:

Shits and Giggles are good, especially at our age.

I hope BMW got their minds right on this one and stressed bulletproof reliability over all else.

When's the baby coming home?

I could be receiving her as little as 2 weeks or as long as January.

The bike comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.  The reliability is enforceable with state lemon laws which really place the burden on the manufacturer. BMW is really putting themselves into corner. Blowing up a their brand over a 6k bike would devastating for BMW and their need to embrace emerging markets.

Yup

They need to tap into the global market for smaller displacement, sole means of transportation, bikes

BMW . . . it's not just for latte swilling, hedge fund managing, $650 pants wearing, DINK's anymore.

WTF ! Royal Enfield ? You gotta be kidding me

55 minutes ago, Dorado said:

They need to tap into the global market for smaller displacement, sole means of transportation, bikes

I thought the Honda Cub already had that in perpetuity.

Things can change . . .

Indian sales are still expanding (6.9 percent in the last year) and are expected to do so for the forseeable future, thanks to a fast-growing 1.32 billion domestic population that is quickly urbanising and emerging from poverty – India has the fastest GDP growth of any major country. A massive India-wide road construction program is also fuelling car and bike sales, just as it did in America a century ago, introducing a time-honoured formula for invigorating an economy.

India's domestic motorcycle marketplace is currently comprised almost entirely of sub-125cc scooters and motorcycles, but as history has witnessed with other motorcycle markets of the last century, the larger capacity "luxury" classes take an increasing share as the market matures ... and that is just beginning to happen. The blue line at the bottom of the below chart is Royal Enfield – it shows four years of near linear growth.

Around 500,000 motorcycles are sold in America each year, and around 125,000 are sold in the United Kingdom. By comparison, India sold 17.59 million motorcycles in the 2016-2017 financial year – more every three days than are sold in the UK in a year, more every 11 days than are sold in the US in a year.

Most of those two-wheelers are of inconsequential capacity by western norms – nine of the top ten selling models in India last year had capacities of 100cc or 125cc with aspirational names such as the Splendor, Passion and Glamour. The only motorcycle in the top 10 with a capacity greater than 124cc is the bike directly below ... the Royal Enfield 350 Classic.

The world's top selling motorcycle over 250cc - the Royal Enfield.

A guy around here has one of those Indian Enfields  - bigger though I think, like a 500 or 650. He has it equipped with a sidehack and all painted olive drab like a military setup.

The first time I saw it I complimented him on the restoration and he told me it was brand new.

I had no idea - talk about retro. :D

recently completed a resto on a 1972 XL250, from the crank up.

IMG_1983 (2).jpg

Just back from the SEMA Show, couple of bikes laying around.

This one had grinding noise coming from the rear wheel so I would guess it wasn't road worthy.

23032843_1194697067329257_1552567059795525340_n.jpg

22894455_1194696847329279_5154199355510934144_n.jpg

25 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

No helmet?

No helmet.

Sorry for your loss. EMS had to have concluded he was in shock and transported, should have taken the helo.

16 minutes ago, Guitar said:

Sorry for your loss. EMS had to have concluded he was in shock and transported, should have taken the helo.

He should have taken the helo. Moreover - they should have made the stubborn dude get on. If anything, he remained true to his self to the end.

41 minutes ago, Guitar said:

these days anyone with assets can't afford the luxuries those who have driven the cost through the roof take for granted 

might have been thinking he could lose everything taking a $45,000 flight (or whatever)

still a bad decision after all, but if he would have made it ..........................................

Perhaps EMT's should have Made him go

people who can't afford can refuse OR pay the Price

Drunk Homeless Bums get FREE EMT Rides and attention all the time FOR FREE

OK Not Free their Bill is added on to those who pay out of pocket for a ride or insurance :-(

Sad to hear !!!!!!

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yes.  DO be safe - learn to ride your bike well and within your limits and wear proper riding gear.   Single vehicle accidents like this are STILL the leading cause of rider deaths.

40 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

these days anyone with assets can't afford the luxuries those who have driven the cost through the roof take for granted 

might have been thinking he could lose everything taking a $45,000 flight (or whatever)

still a bad decision after all, but if he would have made it ..........................................

OK Not Free their Bill is added on to those who pay out of pocket for a ride or insurance :-(

Sad to hear !!!!!!

Really?  if the EMT tells you to take a helo to save your life are you really going to argue. He had a brand new motorcycle which was fully insured. And more to the point - Fuck dude, it is only money. I know people with fixed incomes who spend that much keeping their 15 old retriever alive for a few more miserable months.

11 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Really?  if the EMT tells you to take a helo to save your life are you really going to argue. He had a brand new motorcycle which was fully insured. And more to the point - Fuck dude, it is only money. I know people with fixed incomes who spend that much keeping their 15 old retriever alive for a few more miserable months.

After you have tumbled and bounced down the road and through the bushes and trees and can get up on your own, you do feel invinceable suddenly. Euphoric that you are alive.

Regrets to family and freinds.

7 minutes ago, warbird said:

After you have tumbled and bounced down the road and through the bushes and trees and can get up on your own, you do feel invinceable suddenly. Euphoric that you are alive.

Then a professional trained emergency medical tech who sees this shit al the time tells you to get on a helicopter because he is concerned you are going to die.

I have been there taking a hard ass tumble into the weeds a couple of times. Shock sets in and you do all kinds of crazy shit like showing up to work instead of heading to the hospital with a broken hand and ribs thinking you can walk it off.  At 56, you let the professionals who just scraped your ass off the road make the calls for a while cause really you are not in the right state of mind.

4 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Surprised you have time for a positive pursuit - I hope it turns out well for you. 

It's finished.  I have discovered that I enjoyed working on it more than riding it.

Selling it to someone who wants to ride.

On 10/25/2017 at 1:15 PM, SloopJonB said:

I ran into a guy at a gas station on a Gold Wing and asked him almost the same question.

"When your bike has a reverse gear, why not just drive across the country in a Miata?"

"My trunk has more space than a Miata"

You'd be amazed how much crap he had on that bike.  All in hard bags.

One of my fav things about bikes, who cares about the 1992 MR2 you bought from a teenager as a midlife crisis?

Show up anywhere on a bike and you'll find somebody with "that look" on their face.  Not to mention you can pickup something loud & fast that makes you think you're a highschool knucklehead for under $2k.

4 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

Yes.  DO be safe - learn to ride your bike well and within your limits and wear proper riding gear.   Single vehicle accidents like this are STILL the leading cause of rider deaths.

There's good reason why emergency room staff call bikers organ donors.

22 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Sad to hear !!!!!!

21 hours ago, Black Jack said:

in an armchair looking back I can't agree with you more

Like that horse I should have put $10,000 to show

But in the situation that that rider was in, he just may Not have had the proper forsite to deside

EMT's gutta let him make the call Unlike a referee in a Boxing match

I once Crashed hard in the Desert = Ruptured Spline, Cracked Ribs (both related) and broken collar bone

I rode home in the front of a pickup truck

well we stopped at the 1st payphone and called a free clinic for advice - They said Get to UCSD Hospital Emergency Room ASAP

when we arrived, I was whisked around everyone, Got a Big needle stuck in to find internal bleeding - and they removed said spleen 

That Was Close, I just felt like going to sleep

BUT at Jr Col. we had just been warned To Seek med Aid after a Big Crash to get checked Out And Stay Awake At All Costs

I feel sorry for the guy :-(

Peeps on this forum have gave me crap for not riding a bike that can carve the winding Mountain roads BUT I DON'T WANT TO

One needs to know the limits & if you don't listen to others you Must learn them / Been There Done that !! (yet still push a little)

Came upon a crash scene on Hiway 80 going over the Donner Summit. Car full of people who had been drinking lost it on a corner and busted themselves up on the guard rail. While working on a woman in the back seat who had obviously spleen injury from her complaints of pain location, I noticed a young boy, mid teens, dribbling a basketball around the car. I asked if he was in the car and upon getting a positive response got my wife to get the ball away from him and get him to the side of the road to lay down. Shock makes people do weird things and you have to watch out for it. I'm sure PB and others have stories about this.

19 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Gee,  never heard THAT one before...  What's next,  the ever-clever "Donor-cycles" ?

Young men with otherwise healthy bodies and catastrophic head injuries are,  after all a transplant specialist's dream.

But - ride sober,  learn that it IS a complex motor skill which deserves training and practice and wear proper modern riding gear and you go a long way to not ending up providing spare parts to someone else - which,  truth be told,  isn't the worst thing in the world to have happen to your body,  if you aren't going to be using it anymore.

I can't tell you how many times over the nearly 40 years I've been riding that I met someone (always a guy) that just bought a bike,  didn't have any experience with them,  intended to take no specialized instruction, and just assumed that because he drove a car and rode a bike as a kid that he was good to GO.   These guys rarely ride more than a year or so,  and typically stop because they perceive it as dangerous...  

41 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

Gee,  never heard THAT one before...  What's next,  the ever-clever "Donor-cycles" ?

Young men with otherwise healthy bodies and catastrophic head injuries are,  after all a transplant specialist's dream.

But - ride sober,  learn that it IS a complex motor skill which deserves training and practice and wear proper modern riding gear and you go a long way to not ending up providing spare parts to someone else - which,  truth be told,  isn't the worst thing in the world to have happen to your body,  if you aren't going to be using it anymore.

I can't tell you how many times over the nearly 40 years I've been riding that I met someone (always a guy) that just bought a bike,  didn't have any experience with them,  intended to take no specialized instruction, and just assumed that because he drove a car and rode a bike as a kid that he was good to GO.   These guys rarely ride more than a year or so,  and typically stop because they perceive it as dangerous...  

I buy there 4 year old Harleys w No miles on them

for just about what I sold my 8 year old worn out one for

Thank You !!!!

2 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

These guys rarely ride more than a year or so,  and typically stop because they perceive recognize it as dangerous...  

I didn't claim it was original - just a commonplace comment.

I fixed the second line.

2 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

I buy there 4 year old Harleys w No miles on them

for just about what I sold my 8 year old worn out one for

Thank You !!!!

Sixty-something years old and you still don't know the difference between Their, There and They're...

11 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

Sixty-something years old and you still don't know the difference between Their, There and They're...

hear hear now

yes i dew, android is dumber than Aye

2 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

Now weir getting down two it.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:01 PM, SloopJonB said:

Yeah my ex in Minn is good friends with a neurosurgeon in SD he says he likes that Minn has no helmet law 'cause he calls them who don't organ donors. 

So fucking stupid. And you should see the way they ride back there. :blink:

Its mostly all squids with a few 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. No cruisers. Squids are becoming the assholes of the two wheeled community.

3 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

Its mostly all squids with a few 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. No cruisers. Squids are becoming the assholes of the two wheeled community.

Well your average cruiser would have a hard time outrunning a V6 Accord, nevermind a Crown Vic Interceptor.  Those police chases are over before the traffic copter can get there.  :D

The real two wheeled nutters are the Corinthian racers that compete on the Irish road racing circuit.  Ulster GP, NW 200, and ofcourse the signature event the Isle Of Man TT.  Regular public roadways that for a time become the craziest race tracks in the world.  The Isle Of Man TT is a cross between Daytona speedweek and Sturgis.  On public roads.  With elbows scraping stone walls at 180MPH+.

billed in popular culture as the most dangerous motorsport event in the world, with the New York Times stating the number of deaths "to 146 since it was first run in 1907. If one includes fatal accidents occurring during the Manx Grand Prix, the amateur races held later in the summer on the same Snaefell Mountain Course, the figure rises above 250".[8][9] fatalities in its history

14 hours ago, bmiller said:

What's your point woody? Do you think d-bags enticing a chase are cool?

no point provided

do you think train wrecks are kool

While Doves Cry - Others find something to learn out of everything/anything

FOX/CNN have filtered content to your liking, yer wasting yer time here

9 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Well your average cruiser would have a hard time outrunning a V6 Accord, nevermind a Crown Vic Interceptor.  Those police chases are over before the traffic copter can get there.  :D

The real two wheeled nutters are the Corinthian racers that compete on the Irish road racing circuit.  Ulster GP, NW 200, and ofcourse the signature event the Isle Of Man TT.  Regular public roadways that for a time become the craziest race tracks in the world.  The Isle Of Man TT is a cross between Daytona speedweek and Sturgis.  On public roads.  With elbows scraping stone walls at 180MPH+.

Oh I have no  doubt that the men who do there little thrill ride around Isle of Man have balls of titanium. Where they tuck them to lean way forward is a discussion for another time. 

I personally am not in any particular hurry when I’m on two wheels as it is an escape for me, so I’m not one to attract the attention of law enforcement. That’s why I can’t ever own my dream ride a Yamaha V-max, because I would probably be very familiar with the local law enforcement agencies.

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder how many of those guys die of old age?

Its a cure

35 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder how many of those guys die of old age?

A very Canadian response.  A few guys tried organizing a TT race in Canada, in the last province that had relaxed insurance laws AND the only province actively promoting motorcycle tourism.  But after years it died a typical Canadian death, slowly, quietly, and nobody noticed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/isleofman/content/articles/2007/05/22/firsttimevisitor_feature.shtml

The editorial excuses are also typically Canadian, which pretty much means a pile of excuses that culminates to "if your babysitter wouldn't allow it, you shouldn't be doing it".

So nothing gets actually done.  Congrats Canada on your 150 years of bullshit.

To actually answer your question, you wouldn't understand the answer.  The current fan favourite is a rider named Guy Martin.  His greatest fear is dying of old age without winning the big one, the Senior TT.  You wouldn't understand.

"Hope I die before I get old" - sounds like a song lyric written by a 20 year old.

Who'd want to live to 100?

a 99 year old.

By the way Dilli - why were you thrown out of the country? You sound very bitter about it.

Sweet sounding motor tucked in that trike, but why???

The HD demo truck was in the area yesterday so I went down there

and rode the 2018 Fat Bob 114 and a Ultra Limited 107

They were fantastic. Harley has really upped their game with these new motors.

That Fat Bob 114  is a screaming little monster. Bloody quick, wheelie at will, hooligan machine. Threw off a whole lot of heat on the right side at a red light. That wasn't good. But jfc, you better be holding on tight when you twist that grip.

The Ultra was just superb. That annoying potato vibe is gone. Felt like a high quality solid machine.

Very impressed was I.

2518924.jpg

I test rode the new M8 when it was introduced 2 years ago and was really impressed as well. I rented a Roadglide with with the 107cu in in N Carolina last spring and had a great time logging over 600 miles in 3 days. I wish I had the coin for a 17 or 18.