PuffyJman

Motorcycle Threads

Recommended Posts

Thought there was a HARLEY Thread ??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the wheels to my CB650 cafe racer build.  It's being done for my company whose colors are flo yellow and black.  Enduro style tires were put on yesterday, looking forward to picking them up tomorrow.

 

IMG_0100B.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WCB said:

Here are the wheels to my CB650 cafe racer build.  It's being done for my company whose colors are flo yellow and black.  Enduro style tires were put on yesterday, looking forward to picking them up tomorrow.

 

IMG_0100B.jpg

Lets see the bike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

Lets see the bike. 

Will do...it's at my Rep's house.  Once the wheels are on I'll get an updated pic.  I still need to build the carbon seat/tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see it WCB.

Sunday I'm taking a 450 mile ride to south Fla to visit my folks then head to the Keys for a couple days. My bike tells me it dying just sitting in the garage.:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a guy out riding in the canyon from Park City.  We need colder temps and snow!  Oh, and behind him was a wakeboard boat...way too warm.  

With the enduro tires on now. 

 

IMG_5279.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the ride to Key West and back. Miami was no fun to pass through. The weather was good except it rained a few times. I should have budgeted more time when I was in the keys but maybe next time I will. 

DE59CD3D-D6D2-4569-87EA-C5B47F83D980.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OSPREY said:

7AB415FB-1F8B-47E7-91B1-5148A296A2CC.jpeg

Nice...

Here's what I picked up a couple years ago for $3500, 2003, had 62,000 miles on it, has almost 75,000, now:

IMG_0863.thumb.JPG.3fe872d491bed8fd086a063c2b44066d.JPG 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TonkaToy said:

Nice...

Here's what I picked up a couple years ago for $3500, 2003, had 62,000 miles on it, has almost 75,000, now:

IMG_0863.thumb.JPG.3fe872d491bed8fd086a063c2b44066d.JPG 

Got my RT new  have 65,000 mile on it 

09ED4E67-94E0-417A-9D19-5BA8B4DED669.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

Made the ride to Key West and back. Miami was no fun to pass through. The weather was good except it rained a few times. I should have budgeted more time when I was in the keys but maybe next time I will. 

DE59CD3D-D6D2-4569-87EA-C5B47F83D980.jpeg

How many days was the trip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took 4 days, I rode to West Palm on day one then to Key West for a night the back to West Palm then home. I had a lot of rain and riding in Miami was very “ interesting”. Fun trip I would like to post more pics but I haven’t edited the pics yet for downloading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I do a 3 week motorcycle ride Europe or Transpac. i am sending my motorcycle to Europe in February. - I can pick it up in Germany and ride to France, Italy and Austria and back to Paris. I will pick it up again in September for south of France ride with a seat on a classic yacht doing the St Tropez Voile.

maxresdefault.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Do I do a 3 week motorcycle ride Europe or Transpac. i am sending my motorcycle to Europe in February. - I can pick it up in Germany and ride to France, Italy and Austria and back to Paris. I will pick it up again in September for south of France ride with a seat on a classic yacht doing the St Tropez Voile.

maxresdefault.jpg

 

 

Not going for the Likes are ya Buoy 

 

Question - Why not buy a Bike when you get there and sell it when ya leave ??

No reason you couldn't break even and skip the B$ of $hipping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Not going for the Likes are ya Buoy 

 

Question - Why not buy a Bike when you get there and sell it when ya leave ??

No reason you couldn't break even and skip the B$ of $hipping

I am shipping the bike because it is less than 700 one way. I'll get 5 weeks of riding in this next year. It turns out cheaper than renting for one week. The bike will carry California plates and not subject to lots of traffic and parking exceptions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Black Jack said:

I am shipping the bike because it is less than 700 one way. I'll get 5 weeks of riding in this next year. It turns out cheaper than renting for one week. The bike will carry California plates and not subject to lots of traffic and parking exceptions.

 

 

How cool is that. I think you should have your bike shipped. Then you will have a lot of stories to go with your bike in the future. 

Now you got me thinking....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BlackJack who is the shipper you are planing on using? I'm thinking about bringing my bike over this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the best pics I know.....1989 BMW R100GS.  My only vehicle for 11 years.  Year round with a handful of snow days in Vancouver.  Without fail, every time i approached it from the rear right side while she was on her side stand I fell in love all over again.  Eats up logging roads and power lines, and more than a few +1200 km highway days.  Very easy to work on too.

R100GS1.jpg

R100GS2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, PuffyJman said:

BlackJack who is the shipper you are planing on using? I'm thinking about bringing my bike over this summer.

I had a 600 dollars ship with a several dozen touring bicycles headed for a luxury bicycle touring company. I just had to drop that in favor of using Stefan at  Knofpt out of Hiedleburg. http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Welcome.html  - Stefan is a highly regarded pro that I met at the BMW motorcycle rally last summer. He takes care of everything. He is the go to guy for this kind of thing. Moreover now I don't need to crate the bike osweat language or customs barriers. He handles all the paperwork and headaches. Before you get spooked about the price think about all the bullshit and extra days one would need to deal with the bike to get it there. Basically you show up with the tank on reserve, disconnect the battery, leave your bags on the bike with all your gear. Just drop either in Florida or Los Angeles and pick up in Germany as little as 6 weeks. He knows Europe, connects the dots and makes it easy instead of stumbling. The total coast is around 1400. You get to Germany - he has your insurance green card, hands you back your title and you are off. When you are done with your ride - you can bring it back to store for a very reasonable fee. Come and go as you like and there is even room in a heated shop to do simple wrenching when needed. 

As a regular joe who still works by the hour and has his own small video business - every day that I miss on vacation running through headaches means one less day I can work or enjoy just slowing down to quality life speed. As you know time is the most valuable thing we have - if the difference is going to be 200 dollars more all said and done - it's a bargain. I love my motorcycle very much - I have had her since new. She has taken me all over the United States and Canada. Now she will take me places where only others go on things less important or personally meaningful.  

If you do make it - I'd be glad to share some of this road with you on some of this extraordinary life experience. I have exceptional travel contacts which gives me the flexibility to live high when it works and spontaneously camp when weather and location makes the best of sense. Europe this summer and fall will be exceptional range with good days filled with 2 lane roads, good food, world heritage sites and thousands of nice people just waiting to meet us.

8027725258_d72a556362_c.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 11:54 PM, Black Jack said:

I had a 600 dollars ship with a several dozen touring bicycles headed for a luxury bicycle touring company. I just had to drop that in favor of using Stefan at  Knofpt out of Hiedleburg. http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Welcome.html  - Stefan is a highly regarded pro that I met at the BMW motorcycle rally last summer. He takes care of everything. He is the go to guy for this kind of thing. Moreover now I don't need to crate the bike osweat language or customs barriers. He handles all the paperwork and headaches. Before you get spooked about the price think about all the bullshit and extra days one would need to deal with the bike to get it there. Basically you show up with the tank on reserve, disconnect the battery, leave your bags on the bike with all your gear. Just drop either in Florida or Los Angeles and pick up in Germany as little as 6 weeks. He knows Europe, connects the dots and makes it easy instead of stumbling. The total coast is around 1400. You get to Germany - he has your insurance green card, hands you back your title and you are off. When you are done with your ride - you can bring it back to store for a very reasonable fee. Come and go as you like and there is even room in a heated shop to do simple wrenching when needed. 

As a regular joe who still works by the hour and has his own small video business - every day that I miss on vacation running through headaches means one less day I can work or enjoy just slowing down to quality life speed. As you know time is the most valuable thing we have - if the difference is going to be 200 dollars more all said and done - it's a bargain. I love my motorcycle very much - I have had her since new. She has taken me all over the United States and Canada. Now she will take me places where only others go on things less important or personally meaningful.  

If you do make it - I'd be glad to share some of this road with you on some of this extraordinary life experience. I have exceptional travel contacts which gives me the flexibility to live high when it works and spontaneously camp when weather and location makes the best of sense. Europe this summer and fall will be exceptional range with good days filled with 2 lane roads, good food, world heritage sites and thousands of nice people just waiting to meet us.

8027725258_d72a556362_c.jpg

 

 

Thanks for the info Black Jack. We are in the preliminary planning stage of our summer in Europe. It was when I read your post and mentioned it to my traveling partner, her eyes lit up and and said that would be so fun. So now I have my work cut out for me.....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ride it like ya Stole it !!

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle and outdoor

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Woody didn’t get a picture of was the VMax with a bald rear tire that Just left the spot where Woody’s cute little scooter is sitting. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PuffyJman said:

What Woody didn’t get a picture of was the VMax with a bald rear tire that Just left the spot where Woody’s cute little scooter is sitting. :P

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle, tree, outdoor and nature

my ride is much cuter 

me SuperGlide is having an Issue @ the moment

FTNo automatic alt text available.

Rear

Image may contain: stripes

 

 

and me Ironhead is keeping it company till it feels better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cracked header and a bolt missing. Tell me the weather has been crappy that way you feel better about not being able to ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PuffyJman said:

A cracked header and a bolt missing. Tell me the weather has been crappy that way you feel better about not being able to ride. 

1/3 of the fleet down for the moment

I'm about to Ride me Rebel to Torrey Pines 

to Watch the Cougars stalking the Money

You can watch too without needing to break out yer shorts and polo shirt

Farmers Insurance Open, Round 4: Leaderboard, tee times, TV schedule

    •  
    • January 28, 2018
      By Staff, PGATOUR.COM 

    SHARE ON

     
     
     
  • (Getty Images)(Getty Images)

Tiger Woods makes his 2018 debut at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines. He shot an up-and-down 70 (-2) in Round 3 and looks to improve in his trademark Sunday red. Alex Noren leads Ryan Palmer by one stroke at -11 heading into the final round. Jason Day, Justin Rose and Tony Finau are lurking within striking range.

Round 4 tee times

Round 4 leaderboard

HOW TO WATCH/LISTEN

TELEVISION: 1-2:45 p.m. ET (Golf Channel), 3-6:30 p.m. ET (CBS Sports)

PGA TOUR LIVE:
Friday, 11:45 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-7 p.m. (featured holes).
Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. (featured holes).
Sunday, 11:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (featured holes/featured groups).

RADIO: 1-7 p.m. ET.

NOTABLE PAIRINGS

(All times Eastern)

Alex Noren, Ryan Palmer, J.B. Holmes
1:05 p.m. off the first tee, South Course 

C.T. Pan, Justin Rose, Jason Day
12:45 p.m. off the first tee, South Course

Tony Finau, Luke List, Marc Leishman
12:35 p.m. off the first tee, South Course

Tiger Woods, Francesco Molinari, Hideki Matsuyama
11:15 a.m. off the 10th tee, South Course

 
 
Down arrowimage.gif.802e38b5d84837f916c859c700136cc6.gif
 
Weather here on the Coast is a little on the Kool Side @ the moment but I'll suffer B)
San Diego, CA
Sunday 11:00 AM
Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny
77
°F | °C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 15%
Wind: 6 mph
 
Sun
Sunny
80°
57°
Mon
Mostly Sunny
82°
57°
Tue
Partly Cloudy
77°
56°
Wed
Sunny
72°
53°
Thu
Mostly Sunny
71°
53°
Fri
Sunny
70°
54°
Sat
Sunny
70°
54°
Sun
Sunny
69°
55°
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Farmers Open Ticket Condiments - $50 (Meat You There)

image 1 of 6
1
 
 
 
 
 
123456
6606.png6606.png6607.png6607.png
marker-shadow.png
 
marker-icon-2x.png
 
 
 
 
 
 
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)


sunday 2018-01-28

cryptocurrency ok 
number available: 20 
venue: Farmers Open 

Holding out for the Big Payoff
Selling a Full Weeks Pass with a few hours and even fewer players left
You are in Luck
I have Just what you need as you are about to Eat Your Tickets/Passes

Farmers Open Ticket Condiments 
Your choice to make the bland taste of a Ticket you held onto for so long almost palatable
Any 2 Condiments only $50
The perfect treat to enjoy while waiting for some Sucker to call with Cash in Hand
You WILL after all be Waiting a Long time !!!!

  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6475944311

 

posted: about 3 hours ago

 

updated: about an hour ago

 

email to friend

 

 best of [?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mid 80's on the Greens with a Stiff Offshore Breeze

it was even hot in the shade Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, plant, outdoor and nature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sum Porn for the Yamaha fans

1382084_10151921328338529_1945770978_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you need some new exhaust studs, Woodrow.  To get the old ones out - soak 'em good for a couple days w/Kroil or PB Blaster,  double nuts if you can get the nuts to thread on those rusted studs.  If you can't - get someone to weld a nut to the end of the stud, and then use your wrench to get 'em out.  Remember - go 1/2/turn out, 1/4 turn back in 'til they are moving freely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Looks like you need some new exhaust studs, Woodrow.  To get the old ones out - soak 'em good for a couple days w/Kroil or PB Blaster,  double nuts if you can get the nuts to thread on those rusted studs.  If you can't - get someone to weld a nut to the end of the stud, and then use your wrench to get 'em out.  Remember - go 1/2/turn out, 1/4 turn back in 'til they are moving freely. 

 
Im threw messing around and have bought and applied the Strongest Most Toxic Rust Eating Chemical still allowed to be sold in Kalifornia .... Wanna See it ... here it is !!!!!!
 
Image may contain: drink and outdoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Coke thing is an urban myth.

Acetone 50/50 with ATF is the best I've used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That Coke thing is an urban myth.

Acetone 50/50 with ATF is the best I've used.

Yup.... Woody - in all sincerity - unless you wanta yank the heads and machine out S/S screws, go slow, turn 1/2 turn out, 1/4 turn back in when you're pulling the exhaust studs. It's tedious, but, better than having to pull the head so you can drill out the busted stud, welding the head back up, and re-drilling/tapping the hole for new studs.    Good luck with it -this one's simple, but can be a right royal pain in the ass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That Coke thing is an urban myth.

Acetone 50/50 with ATF is the best I've used.

I have dropped a hunl of rust with a couple tools froze in the middle into a bowl of coke

it did infact eat away the rust down to the still not shiney metal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

I have dropped a hunl of rust with a couple tools froze in the middle into a bowl of coke

it did infact eat away the rust down to the still not shiney metal

soda water will do the same ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mid said:

soda water will do the same ;)

soda water costs more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you win :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a plastic welder = extream heat gun with a 1/4" air flow

I like it as you can get a small spot Really Hot w/o a flame

then wax or whatever majic juice to get sucked into thteaded areas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a product called Freezout that has worked wonders for me on my boat and my other toys. I recently used it to pull two broken bolts from my waterpump on my outboards lower unit. Try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This Plastic welder got the Nuts & studs so HOT it was too hot to touch the exhaust pipe 1 foot down

Spraying the Pen-Oil made smoke and you could see where it was dry where the threads met the nut SO Must have sucked it in like Flux in a solder joint

Image may contain: drink and outdoor

 

I'm Sure the Coke all weekend till today softened the rust exposed so it wouldn't bunch up when nut went by

The nuts came off Silky Smooth (not real easy But) You could tell they were Not binding up at all

There is Whey more length than I had thought, Next step Cleaning the threads (with a Die ? New Nut and cutting oil ??) Then Installing Pipes w New GasketNo automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: outdoor

This is the one with out a nut, the remaining one on that cylinder was not very tight

No automatic alt text available.

The fuckin POS Pipes that will Not go back on

Image may contain: outdoor

A Set of V-H's I have had but never put on as I didn't want to risk stud issues BUT if I'm doin the work anyway I'm gunna put it back better

Image may contain: outdoor

These will go on after everything is cleaned up and polished and the new seat I have had will go on too - THEN TIME TO SELL

Image may contain: motorcycle

It was 82 while I was doing this so extra credit for the suffrage out in the Sun :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

 

This Plastic welder got the Nuts & studs so HOT it was too hot to touch the exhaust pipe 1 foot down

Spraying the Pen-Oil made smoke and you could see where it was dry where the threads met the nut SO Must have sucked it in like Flux in a solder joint

Image may contain: drink and outdoor

 

I'm Sure the Coke all weekend till today softened the rust exposed so it wouldn't bunch up when nut went by

The nuts came off Silky Smooth (not real easy But) You could tell they were Not binding up at all

There is Whey more length than I had thought, Next step Cleaning the threads (with a Die ? New Nut and cutting oil ??) Then Installing Pipes w New GasketNo automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: outdoor

This is the one with out a nut, the remaining one on that cylinder was not very tight

No automatic alt text available.

The fuckin POS Pipes that will Not go back on

Image may contain: outdoor

A Set of V-H's I have had but never put on as I didn't want to risk stud issues BUT if I'm doin the work anyway I'm gunna put it back better

Image may contain: outdoor

These will go on after everything is cleaned up and polished and the new seat I have had will go on too - THEN TIME TO SELL

Image may contain: motorcycle

It was 82 while I was doing this so extra credit for the suffrage out in the Sun :o 

Did you consider putting new studs in while it was apart???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, warbird said:

Did you consider putting new studs in while it was apart???

Hell to the NO

I'm gunna chase the old threads before installing the pipes (and a few other things)

AND SELL IT !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harley Davidson is doing horribly, imagine that!  Building a shitty, old tech unreliable product marketed to old white dudes who thing they are in Easy Rider.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2slow said:

Harley Davidson is doing horribly, imagine that!  Building a shitty, old tech unreliable product marketed to old white dudes who thing they are in Easy Rider.  

Old Tech?  yeah - indeed so.  Shitty, Unreliable?  Not so much in the past 25 years - they're actually well built machines w/a fit and finish that are better than most.  I like the old tech, just like I like wooden boats, old hotrod cars and hand tools.  Not the best application for ever situation, but, they've got their place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2slow said:

Harley Davidson is doing horribly, imagine that!  Building a shitty, old tech unreliable product marketed to old white dudes who thing they are in Easy Rider.  

I will be selling the Honda Rebel 250 also if it's more yer speed ;)

My SuperGlide has been Great

a True WorkHorse that has sat out in the elements the whole time Ivw owned it

I put well over 30K miles on it and shall get back just about what I paid for it.

And I enjoyed riding it

What waz the problem ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

I will be selling the Honda Rebel 250 also if it's more yer speed ;)

My SuperGlide has been Great

a True WorkHorse that has sat out in the elements the whole time Ivw owned it

I put well over 30K miles on it and shall get back just about what I paid for it.

And I enjoyed riding it

What waz the problem ??

Spend $50 for a stock takeoff seat - the split seatcover is unattractive.  Unless, of course, you're only asking $2500 for the bike - in which case, I may tell you to put it on a pallet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Spend $50 for a stock takeoff seat - the split seatcover is unattractive.  Unless, of course, you're only asking $2500 for the bike - in which case, I may tell you to put it on a pallet. 

I got a $50 Brand New take off from same guy i go the V-H's pipes from for $75

I need to ireplace clutch cable seal  now that pipess not in the way

stok pipes might still go back  as even thow they will look better and to some sound better they would require simepne to firk out 4-6 hundo for matvhing aircleaner and tuning

and woildnt bring another penny

I can sell it as the cheapest 08 SuperGlide and sstill get ny money back

Prople buy Harleys to tear apart and customize how they want it

Those who want one Perfect and don't want to change anything Buy New 

I buy ny bikes from them B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

I will be selling the Honda Rebel 250 also if it's more yer speed ;)

I'd rather have the Rebel - well, maybe not THAT one. Got the same good looks, reliable and probably faster to boot.

Harley's have good looks and the best idle this side of a drag strip but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I'd rather have the Rebel - well, maybe not THAT one. Got the same good looks, reliable and probably faster to boot.

Harley's have good looks and the best idle this side of a drag strip but that's about it.

if need be I could detune the Rebel for you ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after texting with Vance Hines i am now smarter than I was when I woke up today

the pipes are Stock Harley header/Brackets With V-H's Slip-On's and Heat-Shields with few miles

So the V-H Are going on, me SuperGlide had Black Exhaust coming out But Ran like a MoFo soooo might have been tuned Rich and this exhaust might make it Right/Better As-Is

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

Vance & Hines 2 1/2" Straightshots HS Slip-On Mufflers For Harley

Item: P216554

The Vance & Hines Straightshots HS Slip-Ons offer a stock appearance while providing a glorious rumble your bike deserved from the factory. Read More

$29999
 
The Straightshots HS Slip-ons offer the same great look and sound you’ve grown to love from Vance & Hines at an unbelievable value. Drenched in Vance & Hines show quality chrome, massive 2 1/2” full coverage 220° heat shields house the new Straightshots HS Slip-ons and make them blue proof for long lasting style. Vance & Hines’ race inspired performance and traditional hot rod sound set this system apart. Baffles, mounting hardware and easy-to-understand instructions are included for a hassle-free, perfect fit every time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'd rather have the Rebel - well, maybe not THAT one. Got the same good looks, reliable and probably faster to boot.

Harley's have good looks and the best idle this side of a drag strip but that's about it.

My first bike a 99 Honda VT1100 left me stranded three times (two fuel pump failures) in the three years I owned it. I now have two Harleys, an EVO, and and Twin Cam. No problems with either in three years of ownership. Unless you ever owned a Harley you are talking out yer ass....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

I will be selling the Honda Rebel 250 also if it's more yer speed ;)

My SuperGlide has been Great

a True WorkHorse that has sat out in the elements the whole time Ivw owned it

I put well over 30K miles on it and shall get back just about what I paid for it.

And I enjoyed riding it

What waz the problem ??

The problem is your chrome  look at me look at me noise  makers are obnoxious as hell to almost everyone else.  Just watch the Harley Davidson South Park to understand how other people see you. To paraphrase Cartman; your need to dress up in costumes with leather and tassels and make loud noises to get attention is pathetic.  What are you sixteen year old girls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2slow said:

dress up in costumes with leather and tassels and make loud noises to get attention

I was working with a guy who got into the Harley thing and he would not stop talking about his baby.  I stopped listening when he told me about the new flap thing he put on the exhaust.  He could press a button to silence it, then press it again to make it loud!!!   Fark me how childish is that?

A real rebel would have it loud all the time, not quieten it when an Officer Oby appeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 16 year old girls watch South Park and confuse it for reality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why spend your time trying to berate a group of people that have no real affect on your life unless your a loser with no life or jealous. Me thinks both. 

Btw that vid has posted in this thread several times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PuffyJman said:

Why spend your time trying to berate a group of people that have no real affect on your life unless your a loser with no life or jealous. Me thinks both. 

Btw that vid has posted in this thread several times. 

I don't. Just pointing out when fuckwits are being fuckwits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 2slow said:

 

That is funni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2slow said:

The problem is your chrome  look at me look at me noise  makers are obnoxious as hell to almost everyone else.  Just watch the Harley Davidson South Park to understand how other people see you. To paraphrase Cartman; your need to dress up in costumes with leather and tassels and make loud noises to get attention is pathetic.  What are you sixteen year old girls?

50 year old orthodontists and lawyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

Why spend your time trying to berate a group of people that have no real affect on your life

But they do - I live near a park and a village that are preferred destinations for the arrested adolescents who ride unmuffled Hogs. I have to listen to them all the time and it got old decades ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

But they do - I live near a park and a village that are preferred destinations for the arrested adolescents who ride unmuffled Hogs. I have to listen to them all the time and it got old decades ago.

Do you still have the sash weights  & corvette ? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

50 year old orthodontists and lawyers.

I think the general assumption pre 1990's was Harley Riders were tough outlaw type guys who would kick your ass (see Hunter S Thompson).  Now the assumption is Harley Riders are old flabby white dudes who want to wear matching outfits and get noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q for the Harley haters

Do you actually own and ride a motorcycle of Any brand or size ??

if so do you turn your own wrenches / understand what makes up your motorcycle and how to do something should the need arise ??

I am Not a Biker nor Harley Snob, I just have and have had a few as well as other bikes at the same time

 

someone mention turning wrenches

long over due job is replacing clutch cable O-Ring

the exhaust is in the way of removing the cover that must come off to unhook the cable 

so while the exhaust is off the O-Ring is going on for less for less than $ 9

No automatic alt text available.

StealerShip quoted  $170 to do the O-Ring job plus whatever "things" come up like the rusted exhaust nuts/bolts and bolts/nuts supporting the exhaust its self 

And they suggested a new clutch cable bringing it to $240 + + + + + + +

and before I could get off the phone they suggested a $450 service using all stock fluids (nothing Trick)

Thank Gawd there ain't a bunch of plastic BS hiding everything

makes it Almost fun thinking about how much I Don't need to earn to Pay them

It will take me a little longer But I will address everything as I go

OH I have all new switches - levers , cables and such to replace so it will look purdy

I will just replace the clutch cable and levers for now till I'm riding it again !!

PS I have SDHD 3 miles one way and Cycle Vision 1.5 miles the other way

+ a bunch of other shops I could pick up every part needed to put together a complete Harley starting with only a Credit Card 

be cheaper to just buy a new one BUT the point is Parts are Unlimited in availability 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

Q for the Harley haters

Do you actually own and ride a motorcycle of Any brand or size ??

if so do you turn your own wrenches / understand what makes up your motorcycle and how to do something should the need arise ??

I am Not a Biker nor Harley Snob, I just have and have had a few as well as other bikes at the same time

Last year I completed a 5 year (on and off) rebuild of a 1972 Honda.  Every nut and bolt inspected/replaced/cleaned, powdercoated the frame, dismantled and painted the gearbox in the original colour... everything.  The only none original feature was using Allen key screw heads for the side covers instead of the Phillips version.

I used to get my first new bike serviced professionally till I was travelling at 100k/h one day leaving the service agents, when the engine seized.  I managed to crab the clutch before it threw me off but the rear wheel and tire were covered in oil so it slid nicely.  Turned out that an apprentice serviced it and stripped the thread on the cam-chain adjusting bolt at the bottom, then just tapped it in instead of fixing it.  It fell out dumping the sump oil.  Magnesium alloy thread is soft.  I could have been killed.

Since then my trust of shop mechanics has unfortunately not returned, I do it all myself.  The concept is well explained in Robert Pirsig's famous first book.  He had a similar bad experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Do you still have the sash weights  & corvette ? :lol:

Sash weights?

Supercharged Jaguar - the Corvette went years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2slow said:

The problem is your chrome  look at me look at me noise  makers are obnoxious as hell to almost everyone else.  Just watch the Harley Davidson South Park to understand how other people see you. To paraphrase Cartman; your need to dress up in costumes with leather and tassels and make loud noises to get attention is pathetic.  What are you sixteen year old girls?

Big cylinders moving slowly ,2, 3, 4000 rpm get best broadband performance with a lot of muffler volume and a little bit of reverse cone to cause a bit of standing wave effect at the exhaust port. Short straight pipes might be the ticket at 8, 10 or 12,000 cammed correctly, otherwise they are just bothersome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Sash weights?

Supercharged Jaguar - the Corvette went years ago.

Really?? I thought you had been here awhile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, random said:

Last year I completed a 5 year (on and off) rebuild of a 1972 Honda.  Every nut and bolt inspected/replaced/cleaned, powdercoated the frame, dismantled and painted the gearbox in the original colour... everything.  The only none original feature was using Allen key screw heads for the side covers instead of the Phillips version.

I used to get my first new bike serviced professionally till I was travelling at 100k/h one day leaving the service agents, when the engine seized.  I managed to crab the clutch before it threw me off but the rear wheel and tire were covered in oil so it slid nicely.  Turned out that an apprentice serviced it and stripped the thread on the cam-chain adjusting bolt at the bottom, then just tapped it in instead of fixing it.  It fell out dumping the sump oil.  Magnesium alloy thread is soft.  I could have been killed.

Since then my trust of shop mechanics has unfortunately not returned, I do it all myself.  The concept is well explained in Robert Pirsig's famous first book.  He had a similar bad experience.

Did you post pics of this build?  It sounds familiar, but, I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, warbird said:

Big cylinders moving slowly ,2, 3, 4000 rpm get best broadband performance with a lot of muffler volume and a little bit of reverse cone to cause a bit of standing wave effect at the exhaust port. Short straight pipes might be the ticket at 8, 10 or 12,000 cammed correctly, otherwise they are just bothersome.

Drag pipes suck - no question about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, random said:

Last year I completed a 5 year (on and off) rebuild of a 1972 Honda.  Every nut and bolt inspected/replaced/cleaned, powdercoated the frame, dismantled and painted the gearbox in the original colour... everything.  The only none original feature was using Allen key screw heads for the side covers instead of the Phillips version.

I used to get my first new bike serviced professionally till I was travelling at 100k/h one day leaving the service agents, when the engine seized.  I managed to crab the clutch before it threw me off but the rear wheel and tire were covered in oil so it slid nicely.  Turned out that an apprentice serviced it and stripped the thread on the cam-chain adjusting bolt at the bottom, then just tapped it in instead of fixing it.  It fell out dumping the sump oil.  Magnesium alloy thread is soft.  I could have been killed.

Since then my trust of shop mechanics has unfortunately not returned, I do it all myself.  The concept is well explained in Robert Pirsig's famous first book.  He had a similar bad experience.

I had mail ordered tires put on my Fatboy two years ago by an independent shop. The shop owner said he was happy to do it but since he paid his mechanic a flat rate and changing tires doesn’t pay much could I do some service work so I had him change the brake fluid. 

When I picked up the bike and rode off as I approached a traffic light and started to slow down both front and rear bottomed out! Luckily I was able to downshift to 1st and kill the motor to stop. It turns out the idiot didn’t secure the covers for both master cylinders. There was brake fluid all over my fight hand and foot and the lever and pedal were covered and slippery. I had my wife who was behind me run to the auto parts store and get some fluid and rags.   When I got home I also discovered that the drive belt was loose! I called the shop to let him know the owner offered me a discount on my next service but no way will I ever take it to a place that can’t do the basics correct. I wrench on my own rides from here on out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Did you post pics of this build?  It sounds familiar, but, I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly. 

Posted a pic of the gearbox being assembled some time ago.  Will get something off my phone for the completed job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, random said:

IMG_1990 (1).jpg

thanks I was about to mail a letter and just used that !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, random said:

5a74d1bd4447e_IMG_1990(3).thumb.jpg.cd4ad37c601b5abeae8efb5972f638da.jpg

my letter was returned cuz the stamp (yer Pic) was too small

musta swapped it out

With all dew respect, shouldn't you post all yer Pix in the random Pic thread ???

I mean after all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

That looks a bit like an early CB350 tank - am I close? 

XL250 K0

The first (K0 1972) model came out with SL XXXX chassis numbers which soon changed to XL.  This one has matching SL chassis and engine numbers.  I like it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P1060369.JPG

P1060368.JPG

P1060365.JPG

 

P1060364.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites