• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
PuffyJman

Motorcycle Threads

3 Cats and a Dog gettin their Ass Kicked by a RAT

Bars are level with shoulders in turns (going left anyway)

I guess those other 10000 speedway / flat trackers are doing it all wrong. 

As a member of the torn rotator cuff Club, that body language looks mighty familiar.

48 minutes ago, Dorado said:

I guess those other 10000 speedway / flat trackers are doing it all wrong.

Somebody has to be the first. ;)

image.png.a66e9bd04123e961a384d88b260e353d.png

Thought there was a HARLEY Thread ??

Here are the wheels to my CB650 cafe racer build.  It's being done for my company whose colors are flo yellow and black.  Enduro style tires were put on yesterday, looking forward to picking them up tomorrow.

IMG_0100B.jpg

8 hours ago, WCB said:

Here are the wheels to my CB650 cafe racer build.  It's being done for my company whose colors are flo yellow and black.  Enduro style tires were put on yesterday, looking forward to picking them up tomorrow.

IMG_0100B.jpg

Lets see the bike. 

5 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

Lets see the bike. 

Will do...it's at my Rep's house.  Once the wheels are on I'll get an updated pic.  I still need to build the carbon seat/tail.

I can't wait to see it WCB.

Sunday I'm taking a 450 mile ride to south Fla to visit my folks then head to the Keys for a couple days. My bike tells me it dying just sitting in the garage.:D 

I saw a guy out riding in the canyon from Park City.  We need colder temps and snow!  Oh, and behind him was a wakeboard boat...way too warm.  

With the enduro tires on now. 

IMG_5279.JPG

Made the ride to Key West and back. Miami was no fun to pass through. The weather was good except it rained a few times. I should have budgeted more time when I was in the keys but maybe next time I will. 

DE59CD3D-D6D2-4569-87EA-C5B47F83D980.jpeg

11 hours ago, OSPREY said:

7AB415FB-1F8B-47E7-91B1-5148A296A2CC.jpeg

Nice...

Here's what I picked up a couple years ago for $3500, 2003, had 62,000 miles on it, has almost 75,000, now:

IMG_0863.thumb.JPG.3fe872d491bed8fd086a063c2b44066d.JPG 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, TonkaToy said:

Nice...

Here's what I picked up a couple years ago for $3500, 2003, had 62,000 miles on it, has almost 75,000, now:

IMG_0863.thumb.JPG.3fe872d491bed8fd086a063c2b44066d.JPG 

Got my RT new  have 65,000 mile on it 

09ED4E67-94E0-417A-9D19-5BA8B4DED669.jpeg

22 hours ago, PuffyJman said:

Made the ride to Key West and back. Miami was no fun to pass through. The weather was good except it rained a few times. I should have budgeted more time when I was in the keys but maybe next time I will. 

DE59CD3D-D6D2-4569-87EA-C5B47F83D980.jpeg

How many days was the trip? 

I took 4 days, I rode to West Palm on day one then to Key West for a night the back to West Palm then home. I had a lot of rain and riding in Miami was very “ interesting”. Fun trip I would like to post more pics but I haven’t edited the pics yet for downloading. 

Do I do a 3 week motorcycle ride Europe or Transpac. i am sending my motorcycle to Europe in February. - I can pick it up in Germany and ride to France, Italy and Austria and back to Paris. I will pick it up again in September for south of France ride with a seat on a classic yacht doing the St Tropez Voile.

maxresdefault.jpg

5 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Do I do a 3 week motorcycle ride Europe or Transpac. i am sending my motorcycle to Europe in February. - I can pick it up in Germany and ride to France, Italy and Austria and back to Paris. I will pick it up again in September for south of France ride with a seat on a classic yacht doing the St Tropez Voile.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not going for the Likes are ya Buoy 

Question - Why not buy a Bike when you get there and sell it when ya leave ??

No reason you couldn't break even and skip the B$ of $hipping

11 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Not going for the Likes are ya Buoy 

Question - Why not buy a Bike when you get there and sell it when ya leave ??

No reason you couldn't break even and skip the B$ of $hipping

I am shipping the bike because it is less than 700 one way. I'll get 5 weeks of riding in this next year. It turns out cheaper than renting for one week. The bike will carry California plates and not subject to lots of traffic and parking exceptions.

6 hours ago, Black Jack said:

I am shipping the bike because it is less than 700 one way. I'll get 5 weeks of riding in this next year. It turns out cheaper than renting for one week. The bike will carry California plates and not subject to lots of traffic and parking exceptions.

How cool is that. I think you should have your bike shipped. Then you will have a lot of stories to go with your bike in the future. 

Now you got me thinking....

BlackJack who is the shipper you are planing on using? I'm thinking about bringing my bike over this summer.

Not the best pics I know.....1989 BMW R100GS.  My only vehicle for 11 years.  Year round with a handful of snow days in Vancouver.  Without fail, every time i approached it from the rear right side while she was on her side stand I fell in love all over again.  Eats up logging roads and power lines, and more than a few +1200 km highway days.  Very easy to work on too.

R100GS1.jpg

R100GS2.jpg

On 1/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, PuffyJman said:

BlackJack who is the shipper you are planing on using? I'm thinking about bringing my bike over this summer.

I had a 600 dollars ship with a several dozen touring bicycles headed for a luxury bicycle touring company. I just had to drop that in favor of using Stefan at  Knofpt out of Hiedleburg. http://www.knopftours.com/Web-Site/Welcome.html  - Stefan is a highly regarded pro that I met at the BMW motorcycle rally last summer. He takes care of everything. He is the go to guy for this kind of thing. Moreover now I don't need to crate the bike osweat language or customs barriers. He handles all the paperwork and headaches. Before you get spooked about the price think about all the bullshit and extra days one would need to deal with the bike to get it there. Basically you show up with the tank on reserve, disconnect the battery, leave your bags on the bike with all your gear. Just drop either in Florida or Los Angeles and pick up in Germany as little as 6 weeks. He knows Europe, connects the dots and makes it easy instead of stumbling. The total coast is around 1400. You get to Germany - he has your insurance green card, hands you back your title and you are off. When you are done with your ride - you can bring it back to store for a very reasonable fee. Come and go as you like and there is even room in a heated shop to do simple wrenching when needed. 

As a regular joe who still works by the hour and has his own small video business - every day that I miss on vacation running through headaches means one less day I can work or enjoy just slowing down to quality life speed. As you know time is the most valuable thing we have - if the difference is going to be 200 dollars more all said and done - it's a bargain. I love my motorcycle very much - I have had her since new. She has taken me all over the United States and Canada. Now she will take me places where only others go on things less important or personally meaningful.  

If you do make it - I'd be glad to share some of this road with you on some of this extraordinary life experience. I have exceptional travel contacts which gives me the flexibility to live high when it works and spontaneously camp when weather and location makes the best of sense. Europe this summer and fall will be exceptional range with good days filled with 2 lane roads, good food, world heritage sites and thousands of nice people just waiting to meet us.

8027725258_d72a556362_c.jpg