PuffyJman

Motorcycle Threads

Recommended Posts

 

I would Sooo Love to have one of these

no NOT to try and kill myself (Been There Almost done That)

But for sum Slow Balancing riding

I do that whenever I come up to a red light or whatever on me harley

If I must put me feet down = Fail

But quite often I don't, I need to be an extension of me Bike and Vice Versa 

No I won't pay $8K for one but I'll keep me Aye out should something I can't pass up /come up ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those trials riders are kind of like the Cirque du Soleil performers.

Even while you're watching them you can't believe it is possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

burnouts on Harley & Rice-Burners as well as Wheelies splitting lanes on the freeway during rush hour are Stupid

I can appreciate the virtues of these bikes

their perfomance is what I look for when choosing a bike to buy

They are the Extreme Perfection of Performance  and can Not be matched by anything that is not the same

No street bike will ever come close But Many are at the opposite end of performance 

Harley for one makes some bikes with HUGE FLATBOTTOM Tires on back and tall skinny tires on the ft

You need to give a 3 Day Notice to turn and almost don't need a kick stand (HD Breakout 4-1)

I won't ride a bike that can't hop a curb

bikes where you sit Low (that part is fine) and have your arms/hands whey the fuck Up over yer head where you almost can't reach while ponting fwd And forward controls where your knees can't bend and still reach Looks Great on Biker posters (tattoos required) BUTT will Kill You in most any hazardous  situation that are all to common these days 

I need to get my Arse up off the seat if not Stand on pegs for Big Dips/Potholes

Jumping Off is an Option But Only if you "Can" & you can't jump off a Real Biker Chopper

 

 

Other than the bikes those guys are FUCKING NUTS

Falling between most any of the shit they are jumping with a BMX bicycle will likely Kill ya

they are the squirrel suit jumpers of MC riding

I learned sum stuff watching that I will Never duplicate But shall keep in mind 

I would rather watch this sport than most anything else on the tube

!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

burnouts on Harley & Rice-Burners as well as Wheelies splitting lanes on the freeway during rush hour are Stupid

I can appreciate the virtues of these bikes

their perfomance is what I look for when choosing a bike to buy

They are the Extreme Perfection of Performance  and can Not be matched by anything that is not the same

No street bike will ever come close But Many are at the opposite end of performance 

Harley for one makes some bikes with HUGE FLATBOTTOM Tires on back and tall skinny tires on the ft

You need to give a 3 Day Notice to turn and almost don't need a kick stand (HD Breakout 4-1)

I won't ride a bike that can't hop a curb

bikes where you sit Low (that part is fine) and have your arms/hands whey the fuck Up over yer head where you almost can't reach while ponting fwd And forward controls where your knees can't bend and still reach Looks Great on Biker posters (tattoos required) BUTT will Kill You in most any hazardous  situation that are all to common these days 

I need to get my Arse up off the seat if not Stand on pegs for Big Dips/Potholes

Jumping Off is an Option But Only if you "Can" & you can't jump off a Real Biker Chopper

 

 

Other than the bikes those guys are FUCKING NUTS

Falling between most any of the shit they are jumping with a BMX bicycle will likely Kill ya

they are the squirrel suit jumpers of MC riding

I learned sum stuff watching that I will Never duplicate But shall keep in mind 

I would rather watch this sport than most anything else on the tube

!!!!!!!!!

 

 

I dunno Woody - most of the time?  The trials riders aren't going much more than a walking pace, and yeah, landing on a rock on your back hurts like hell, but, it won't often kill ya like hitting a tree at 40MPH can. 

I have been seriously thinking about getting an old trials bike - not as old as the Honda TL250, but, something from the 90s - it'd be fun puttering around in my woods, doing jumps and climbs - and a lot easier on my bones than Hare Scrambles and Motocross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I dunno Woody - most of the time?  The trials riders aren't going much more than a walking pace, and yeah, landing on a rock on your back hurts like hell, but, it won't often kill ya like hitting a tree at 40MPH can. 

I have been seriously thinking about getting an old trials bike - not as old as the Honda TL250, but, something from the 90s - it'd be fun puttering around in my woods, doing jumps and climbs - and a lot easier on my bones than Hare Scrambles and Motocross. 

jumpin a 6' + deep wedge that you are wider than before the bottom @ a snailsnails pace will kill you many ways even if it doesent hurt you

if you can't inhale life is not fun for long

 

I went Everywhere Fearlessly on a Honda 90 (50+ years ago)

Up - Down ... Anything as well as Acrosa Anything

not much faster than walking

get in trouble - put yer feet down and let the bike go

many timrs I skidded to a stop as me 90 went down a gnarly hillside on its own

then was a time (late 80's when I had a Honda 124cc 2 stroke weith something like a 26" ft wheel 

I would go about 25' before shifting up or down,  it had Lots of suspension/clearence and weighed nothing for a large frame bike

Nice riding something that you can get stuck and just pick it up out of whatever or toss it over sn obstacle that would make a dead-end otherwise.

I don't Need to go Fast to have Fun, reason I like the helicopter so much !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I Got this BEER !!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious that those kind of dummies alway look like they are members of the same family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23795569_10215124221929272_2252268311345
 

Let me preface this by saying that if you look at my Profile you will see that I am a GM at a Harley Dealership. What is being said in this post is real and the truth. We as dealers have known this for many years. My political views do not matter at this point, however it is important to get your information from the horses mouth and not from some bull shit forum or from the news media. 
Read it, then read it again!

Harley-Davidson's Message to its dealers.

Dear Dealers: 
I’d like to take this opportunity to give you some additional perspective on our response to the tariffs being imposed by the EU and clarify some inaccuracies that have been reported in the media. For the detail on our decision I encourage you to read the announcement we shared yesterday here on H-Dnet. You can find a link below.

*****************************************************************************To clarify, we are not moving our Kansas City production to Thailand. Our Kansas City plant is being consolidated into our state-of-the art plant in York, PA. This decision was based on our need to address excess capacity we have in the U.S. Harley-Davidson motorcycles sold in the U.S. will continue to be made in the U.S. Harley-Davidson motorcycles will not be imported into the U.S. from international facilities.
*****************************************************************************

On June 22, 2018, the European Union enacted tariffs on various U.S. manufactured products including Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The increased EU tariff from 6% to 31% results in an incremental cost of approximately $2,200 per average motorcycle exported from the U.S. to the EU. We do not feel it is acceptable to pass that additional cost on to our dealers or the retail customer and therefore have chosen to take the actions outlined in our 8-k.

As we’ve said before, increasing international production to alleviate the EU tariff burden is not our preference, and we are hopeful the U.S. and EU governments will continue to work together to reach an agreement on trade issues and rescind these tariffs, so we do not have to take these extraordinary steps.

This decision was made after very carefully weighing our options and choosing the best decision for our riders, our dealers, our business and brand. As a dealer you are among the greatest advocates for Harley-Davidson. And I share this clarification with you because you can help relay our position and our intention when you’re asked about it, from your customers, your teams, your friends and family. It’s unfortunate that the real facts are not always reported on, and it’s important to us that you know and understand the facts. Thank you for your continued commitment to our great brand.

Regards,

Dave Cotteleer
VP and Managing Director, U.S. Sales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

To clarify, we are not moving our Kansas City production to Thailand. Our Kansas City plant is being consolidated into our state-of-the art plant in York, PA.

EnD5OTj.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lotta skill there but not many brain cells.

Just imagine the penalty for failure. :o

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

 

Doesn't that put excess wear on the back of the tire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now