• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2016

Not hate but curiosity for sure. Perhaps even healthy skepticism. $3m pa is a good wicket. If you were relatively frugal you could save/invest say $1.2m year after tax. So Does he have a 90' motor yacht? 125' motor yacht? A super maxi? A sydney harbour water front? Or all of the above by early 40s?

...or typically: lots of possessions but nothing with real value (time, that is)

Wow. Yes i can understand why losers are so resentful of successful people but retiring at 50 with enough money to do what ever they want for the rest of their lives sure beats being a wage jockey. You see working smart doesn't necessarily leave you without lots of spare time. And when you have made it you don't have to spend the rest of your life doing bow on someone else's boat. You can drive your own. But haters got to hate i guess.

If he does retire at 50... :)

Anyway, I believe in life before death.

Not hate but curiosity for sure. Perhaps even healthy skepticism. $3m pa is a good wicket. If you were relatively frugal you could save/invest say $1.2m year after tax. So Does he have a 90' motor yacht? 125' motor yacht? A super maxi? A sydney harbour water front? Or all of the above by early 40s?

...or typically: lots of possessions but nothing with real value (time, that is)

I have things that have no value to you but they make me happy and piss you off. I win. See how that works?

Surprised to see this thread keep coming up to top so checked in expecting to find discussion of 2017 S2H weather, multihull exclusion, or if the Indian was coming back. LOL, instead we got 2 pages on a divorce.

Ain't it summer down there? Long way from sailing and no good pics either... y'all getting weak.

Ok then... off topic.... Good Hobartish fleet out last night for the CY twilight with 20-30 knots .... And just like that, I'm back on the horse....

Surprised to see this thread keep coming up to top so checked in expecting to find discussion of 2017 S2H weather, multihull exclusion, or if the Indian was coming back. LOL, instead we got 2 pages on a divorce.

Ain't it summer down there? Long way from sailing and no good pics either... y'all getting weak.

You'll find all that 3 pages back! :ph34r:

Yeah....leave the guy alone. Some of those comments are uncalled for and none of anyone's business .A family being torn apart should not be cause for public comment (and in some cases,delight) Shame on those revelling in this sad situation.

It will be there for a long time. Bell says that he wants $5m.

$2m would be a good result.

Sydney to Hobart record breaker..! Gotta be worth more than Oats now..If Comanche comes back next year Oats could be facing a 3 year drought.! I would have thought whatever Scallywag went for would be a fair indication. In reality it's the first year the boat has been campaigned seriously and the result speaks for itself.

Wait and see. The boat will sit for ages. By the way Comanche is doing a big fat nothing.

- keel out

- rudder out

- mast and boom out

- currently sitting inside a shrink wrap tent at Newport Shipyard.

The tent was built last October which tells you that it was going nowhere for a very long time. Newport rarely gets snow before New Year.

Initially the boat was going to campaign for just 2 years then be put on the market. Lack of interested buyers maybe?

I've no love for the nanny state PC police, but the phrase "Boat Nigger" just doesn't sit right

'Red shirts' is far more offensive.

Stay by the phone, Sarah Hanson-Young should call shortly.

I'm not offended, just strikes me as phrase well out of place for conversation today.

particularly coming off the biggest even in Australian sailing (from a media/public point of view anyway) from the winning boat.

I'm not about to file 18c or lose any sleep over it, more the point it's not a real good look for sailing.

or Loyal for that matter.

I've no love for the nanny state PC police, but the phrase "Boat Nigger" just doesn't sit right

I'm not offended, just strikes me as phrase well out of place for conversation today.

particularly coming off the biggest even in Australian sailing (from a media/public point of view anyway) from the winning boat.

I'm not about to file 18c or lose any sleep over it, more the point it's not a real good look for sailing.

Nether is Ricko's hair or start line vocabulary...

Nether is Ricko's hair or start line vocabulary...

exactly - and neither is language on most boats.

Some of you need to untwist your panties -- they'll be seriously bunched after today's events in the US.

It's now March and they just put this up...Maybe just call them the Rip van Winkles of the uber watch and offshore sailing club mob...Fuckin bizzare in the media department....Short Handers...Well keep dreamin boys with these neanderthals in charge and who can't even see the big light at the end of the tunnel bearing down on them in terms of future race numbers.

She and the old rich bloke (can't be LB) are already shacked up together...though she is a bit perplexed about finding a place for his container load of blue pills in the small place their renting in Neutral Bay pending upscaling after the settlement....and he hates sailing. The world is weird.

It's now March and they just put this up...Maybe just call them the Rip van Winkles of the uber watch and offshore sailing club mob...Fuckin bizzare in the media department....Short Handers...Well keep dreamin boys with these neanderthals in charge and who can't even see the big light at the end of the tunnel bearing down on them in terms of future race numbers.

Watching this highlights that sailing is for indulging old rich guys....sad really.

Last time I checked Centrelink customers couldn't afford a yacht.

There's not much stopping the average yachty from sailing to Hobart on Boxing Day, entering the race is a different issue.

Watching this highlights that sailing media is for indulging old rich guys....sad really.

FIFY. I think the rest of us get our sailing jollies without the media attention.

w

ith this programme and the Network 7 stuff you would almost think there were only 5 or 6 boats racing

Watching this highlights that sailing is for indulging old rich guys....sad really.

More correctly it is indulgence of rich sponsors. CYCA makes a pile from this race.

More importantly -- does that staysail/foresail need more twist ?

You always feel like the staysail is under trimmed, but it invariably needs a bit of ease.

Good pick up.

She and the old rich bloke (can't be LB) are already shacked up together...though she is a bit perplexed about finding a place for his container load of blue pills in the small place their renting in Neutral Bay pending upscaling after the settlement....and he hates sailing. The world is weird.

linky

"Sergeant Laura Nightingale, acting for Ms Landry"

you couldn't make this shit up

Why do we need a police prosecutor to air this "I feel mentally battered" stuff. Because I couldn't buy expensive Eastern Suburbs groceries.

Surely if the wife wants an AVO (the police did the right thing in the first place) but now you get it kept in place yourself. Our liomited public resources are better used elsewhere

I am not sure why I(as a taxpayer) am funding this dry run for the divorce

Shame to see two adults airing their dirty Landry in public like this.

Her chances of winning the AVO are not good.

This is not to be confused with the divorce where her chances of a fat payout are excellent. Stay tuned.

23 minutes ago, savoir said:

Her chances of winning the AVO are not good.

This is not to be confused with the divorce where her chances of a fat payout are excellent. Stay tuned.

If there is enough liquidity.

10 hours ago, tinga said:

If there is enough liquidity.

true - however she'll still go him for child support etc

For someone who felt $1k/week was hard done-by, I'm guessing she expects to be kept in the manner to which she had become accustomed.

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wow..I go to the shitter.. come back and find the bar has had a serious makeover..

how long were you in the shitter ?

hope you are ok now

ML xx

Hardly.  She got the house and after the divorce she'll still have it.  Bell was the one thrown out.

Stay tuned.

14 hours ago, savoir said:

Hardly.  She got the house and after the divorce she'll still have it.  Bell was the one thrown out.

Stay tuned.

who gets the mortgage?

Don't anyone get ideas, New South Wales still has the old test for a AVO, that there was domestic violence and that it will happen again where as other Australian states have a new test of whether it is appropriate that an order be made. What ever that means.

On 2017-5-20 at 1:42 AM, savoir said:

Tsk tsk . . . . . very sexist.

reality.. 

though monkey-branching from Bell -- scarcity of higher-up branches.

All this AVO fluff is runup for the family court.  The more drama and doubt that he's not a wife-beater will pay dividends.

They won't be there until next year unless he is dumb enough to try to kick her out of the house. They might have a brawl over whether she gets $1000 or $2000/week.

It's not all beer and skittles for the 1%.

On 5/20/2017 at 0:32 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Wonder how long it takes for the next bloke to step up ignoring she has form?

One size fits all?

Many would prefer a road less travelled

On 19-11-2016 at 8:30 AM, terrafirma said:

Not the prettiest boat but what else do you do when your trying to resurrect a dead boat and can't afford a new one? This boat relies heavily on the DSS lets hope the sunfish aren't out in full force this year.She might be ok in light winds but the 2 front runners will be Oats and Scallywag unless Loyal does something different. Great to see another player in this class and there have been plenty of movies done about Ugly Ducklings.!

Not the prettiest but certainly the most revolutionary design.
Where is she now? Can't find her in the yachtlist for the 2017 S2H.
And I mean this one;
http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/the-yachts/2016/cqs/
She was seventh last year. That's not too bad.
And I know she's the rebuild Nicorette.
 Other line honours Hobart results are: retired 2010 with Nicorette renamed YuuZoo; seventh 2009 (YuuZoo); fifth 2005 (as AAPT); retired 2003; fifth 2002; retired 2001; seventh 1997. 

Nicorette.thumb.jpg.3dc8ed4adc34e1dccad629c3c71e1b7e.jpg

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

What is the weather forecast for 1953 S2H ??

I found  this little news snippet about the race, I think it was in the Betoota Advocate. Very classy, reputable and reliable news source.

The Sydney to Hobart race record is under threat again this year by the spaceship looking CQS. In what is looking like almost perfect down wind conditions forecast. It's hard to see the record standing with such a quality boat entered. 

Sailing master Dr Emmett Brown believes that the new "flux capacitor" that they have just fitted should give them the edge over the other boats. 

We spoke to Marty Mcfly the new bowman on CQS  who is sailing his first Hobart and he believes that Biff Tannen in "Solveig" will be hard to beat. It's going to be a fast race and if we can get across the paddock before the southerly buster is due we maybe able to take the triple - line, handicap and race record. We're looking forward to the race and the party in Hobart. 

Pulpit

On 19/01/2017 at 1:02 PM, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Until the first week of December again?

Can only get free crew,  oh everyones free when your names Jim

On 10/13/2017 at 7:06 AM, jack_sparrow said:

What is the weather forecast for 1953 S2H ??

You were there, you tell us. 

The Mighty & Great Betoota! I'm sure Clancy donated a carton of Betoota's finest for the crew. 

5 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

You were there, you tell us. 

Scan you are going to get a god almighty shock one day when you find your balls around your knees, and LB and I are dead, so the tap of worldly guidance is turned off.