Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

what is it?

Compliments Tim! I spent a lot of time on the pages of 'i550 No. 87.
It 'been a great inspiration for me but I wanted a bigger boat and powerful to participate in club racing and also navigate with a rough sea.

>>I wanted a bigger boat and powerful to participate in club racing and also navigate with a rough sea.

after the last time out, SO DO I!!! :lol: Best of luck with the project, looks awesome!

cheers Mayo!

Just a questions Truc, why the curve in the cockpit floor? Surely the curve up on either side would make gripping the floor (if you missed the wedge) alot harder once the boat is heeled, eg. when you are roll tacking?

Hi Mez, it is to give the floor more stiffness , and add a bit of sweetness to the shape

Sexy.

I don't see a backstay on the renderings. Is there one, or runners?

How would it be to singlehand, I wonder??

I will use a Melges 20 carbon mast but It will be equipped with two single backstays, not structural but helpful for sails adjustments and with code0.

The backstays are also used for this... and MaYò 637 is lighter than Melges 20...

If I want, I can simply remove the backstays and bring them to the mast, so the mast works as it was designed.

What a beautiful boat! Go Mayo

Seriously? That's a plywood boat? You must have spent half your life filling and sanding to get it that fair. Nice going!

You seriously haven't seen very many boats trucdesign has designed n built, they are awesome. I wish I had the money to build one of his designs!

Thanks guys! I've not spent many time for filling and sanding, I've curved wood sheets without difficoulties (you can see in the video in my website) not much filler is required.

You seriously haven't seen very many boats trucdesign has designed n built, they are awesome. I wish I had the money to build one of his designs!

Thank you !

From specs it looks like a chined Viper.

Hi Bear, the Mayo is a lot more "boat" than the viper, it has a lot of freeboard and inside volume ( from an aesthetic point of view,maybe a bit too much for my taste, but it was in the design brief, to have a seaworthy vessel that can sail safe in hard conditions too)

i think your right in your assesment paolo but i like the result alot

and for mayo to say he didnt spend time filling and sanding is dedication to you and to what is now possible

with cnc cut designs and epoxy but you still have to know you plywood as a designer well done guys

ps which design of yours is the mulo ? a thread i followed awhile back and the builder got married and i stopped following

Thank you Huey,

yes Mayo has done a good job, the work with cnc cut plywood is straight forward, really not much fairing needed (that's a big thing, everybody hates fairing)

The Mulo is now called Share 640, http://www.paolobua.com/share-640-4/

the first and second boat won every race they entered in the last 3 years. Now in the same mold they have built a new flush deck version which is really a letal weapon, she was on the front page a few weeks ago as another "what is it" :

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=167971

Some pics:

post-10179-0-85436000-1443167032_thumb.jpg post-10179-0-69853000-1443167136_thumb.jpg

see the 47 barcolana is on soon what are you sailing on out of your designs Paolo?

thanks for the big update quite a weapon is the 640 will follow up cheers

see the 47 barcolana is on soon what are you sailing on out of your designs Paolo?

thanks for the big update quite a weapon is the 640 will follow up cheers

I will be onboard the black Share640. The white Share won the last 3 editions of the Barcolana, so we go there to win (even if the barcolana is a big mess with 2000 boats on the water)

will be watching from afar yes when i found the web site couldn't believe the traffic at turning marks how far is the race

love to see profile of rig without distortion is it the same as the white love the white with kite on rough water and just getting

on with it quickly

Looks great, I like the look of the bow, and interested in seeing how it works. How long have you been working on it?.

I've worked 2/3 hours for 3 monts in the evening, after work...alone... about 150/180 hours.

You can see the video of the construction on my Youtube channel: Mayozukko.

Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitbfEEA7kPXGcLDoKVypQg

After I brought the boat to paint on shipyard, other 10/15 hours.

That is incredible work, have you worked weekends too?! Because I feel like that boat would take me like 400 hours or so! Seriously impressed

Yes, I work some WE but non every time because I have a little child of 1 year...

Yes, I work some WE but non every time because I have a little child of 1 year...

WoW, great work mate! That's even more impressive!

PS. That keel looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Solid inspiration as I'm working on a new plywood boat. It's not just inspiration for work, but inspiration for discipline, because that's what gets things done!

Mayooooo!!! We need more photos about your MaYò!!! Waiting for 7th...

Yeeeeeeah!!!!!!! Extrabeautifulwhitesportboat!!!

Great Mayo!!!