• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
us7070

have you tried a lifeproof case for iphone 6 on an iphone 6s?

i was going to wait to get the 6s lifeproof case when it comes out sometime in november, but i need something sooner.

the new phone is supposedly 0.2mm thicker - doesn't seem like much

the lifeproof website says they don't fit, but i'm thinking maybe it can be made to work for a few weeks - i'll still get the new case when it's available

i did a web search, and didn't really find a definitive answer

has anyone here tried it?

i prefer the fre, but if someone told me the nuud fit, i guess i might try it...

are there any other (good) waterproofing options for a 6s?

IIRC there was something on the internet about someone trying the life proof 6 case on a 6S and it did not work. The tolerances are too tight on the 6 case for it to fit.

My brother has the lifeproof battery one. Pretty small for giving you a whole extra charge. Makes me wish I had the 6.

Got the nuud lifeproof for my 6 and i love it. I would wait for the 6s case if i had a 6s. You dont want to compromise on waterproofing with a lifeproof case.

website says the 6s cases are shipping now, so i will get one.

edit - just ordered it with free 2 day shipping

only black is available now.

I've had two life proof cases for iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 and both have fallen to pieces after a year, the hard plastic on the front piece goes soft then falls off and ultimately the plastic panel falls out

I doubt that you could use one for a different model. Since it seals by a snug snap-fit, a couple of mm is everything.

That said, I've gone right off life proof cases. The one for my iPhone 6+ lasted about three weeks. Check their own website - dozens of reviews say the same things - cable door breaks after a couple of weeks, phone calls are unintelligible. And they only allow 4 and 5 star reviews to be posted, so these are things that people who like the thing are saying. (Or possibly, people who are trickier than I.) They sent a replacement after a few months wait, but I just keep it in a drawer - it's too fragile for daily use and prevents the use of my phone as a phone.

I still have the one on my iPad, but it gets much less use. I had intended to use it as a cockpit chart-plotter. I suppose it will fend off casual splashes, but note that since any extensive use of GPS and WiFi will require a power-cable to be plugged in, it will not be fully waterproof.

some of mine have lasted a long time, and some haven't

i've had two replaced under warranty

i'll just keep using them til something better comes along

i think for the 6s it's the only choice right now.

This will be a shameless plug for our FrogSuit floating waterproof phone cases. Our FrogSuits fit the 6s, 6+ and we have them for all iphones, and almost all Samsungs.

More about Lifeproof failures. While testing to see if a iphone 6 in a Lifeproof case would float in a FrogSuit without the waterproof part of the FrogSuit we found the Lifeproof case leaking because the o-ring seal is poorly made. Once we managed to re-install the o-ring, the plastic window cover of the case actually fell off making the whole thing useless. However, the Phones in LifeProof will float in a FrogSuit and wont be bulky like with their lifejacket thing. Look on Etsy for FrogSuit floating phone cases.

Something else we're doing is testing that spray on glare reducer that gives a matte finish to the vinyl window to make it easier to see the display in sunlight.