• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Philen

Seascape 24 in the works

182 posts in this topic

Seascape is lauching their new sportboat, the Seascape 24 in Düsseldorf. She will not only be taking up the space between their previous boats the SSC 18 and the SSC 27 in terms of lenght but also in terms of concept. It will be intersting to see what that means performance wise. Yacht magazine has the exclusive first look here http://www.yacht.de/del.icio.us/post?title=Yacht-Magazin&url1=http://www.yacht.de/yachten_jollen/neue_boote/seascape-bringt-eine-neue-24er/a103247.html(sorry, in German only).

More to follow at www.thinkseascape.com

Isn't this sector crowded enough?

Where?

Not in Aus. I don't think there are any production 'trailer sailers' available over here... beyond the Mac. Affordability is the problem.

Hopefully they don't fall on their sword bringing out another model less than a metre smaller. All that money on new moulds & R&D would surely be better spent pushing the existing product. The 27 has pretty Spartan accom, must not be much below on the 24.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit an 18 into my budget...

yeah, the 18 would be a great EC boat.....imho better than an i550 because of the centerboard

Hopefully they don't fall on their sword bringing out another model less than a metre smaller. All that money on new moulds & R&D would surely be better spent pushing the existing product. The 27 has pretty Spartan accom, must not be much below on the 24.

Well, we are calling this a bigger sister of the Seascape 18, so it is actually bettere described as 2m bigger 18... It does not have much connection to the 27, it has softer hull, less volume, less weight, les wetted surface, but with all that canvas up, it should really be fun to sail... We will see.

When (if) SF Bay's fleet of Express 27s and Moore 24s finally perish (they seem to persist forever) this could fill a great one design sweet spot.

A quick look at the specs indicate that the Fareast 26 is a bit longer, has less sail area and weighs about 70% more, single rudder etc so it's probably not aimed at the same market.

A quick look at the specs indicate that the Fareast 26 is a bit longer, has less sail area and weighs about 70% more, single rudder etc so it's probably not aimed at the same market.

Other than that, they are identical...

Other than that, they are identical...

well, yes. both have pointed end forward and blunt end back. Also the FE26 has much more favorable €/kg ratio, meaning that for given price you get much more kilos :)

so what is the target market?

I think it's somewhat multipurpose. Racers who might want to do a weekend cruise or daysail, take the kids to the beach.

so what is the target market?

The 24 is Seascapes view of re-inventing "the peoples boat" concept for a boat that is trailerable, sleeps 4 (and yes - with the option of a portapotty!), is slip launched/beachable while offering superior off-wind performance with an SA/D (DW) close to the Melges 24 (and 30% more than the J70 and even 10% more than its bigger brother), but much more forgiving and optimized for short handed sailing. With the Seascape 24 you can expect a boat equally well suited for family sailing as well as racing and double digit speed planing >>> Seascape - redefining the trailerable family boat!

Question is how's it compare to a Bente 24

Specifications Seascape 24

LOA (Length of hull) 7.30 m

width 2.50 m

Draught (swing keel) 0.30 m 1.90 m

weight 960 kg Ballast / share 340 kg / 35%

Trailer Weight (with trailer) 1,5 t

Sail area 42.0 m2

Gennaker (Fractional) 65.0 m2

Berths 4

Bente 24

Loa 7.55 m

LWL 7.15 m

Width 2.75 m

Draft 1.60 - 1.80 m

Displacement 1300 kg

Main sail 20 m2

Jib 11 m2

Mast height 11.9 m

The Bente's probably not a slug but the Seascape should be a lot more sporty.

Let's look a Melges 24's specs

Product Overview Length 24 ft 7.31 m

Beam 8 ft 2 in 2.489 m

Draft 5 ft 1.52 m

Weight 1,783 lbs 809 kg

Sail Area Main 264 sq ft 21.0 m2

Jib 126 sq ft 12.0 m2

Spinnaker 670 sq ft 55.9 m2

Crew 2-5 (Typical Crew is 4)

so not bad when you consider you can have a small wife swapping party in the Seascape.

Beam 8 ft 2 in 2.489 m

Draft 5 ft 1.52 m

Weight 1,783 lbs 809 kg

Jib 126 sq ft 12.0 m2

so not bad when you consider you can have a small wife swapping party in the Seascape.

Well said - and when you've had enough of wife swapping you can confidently sail it short handed. Add a Code0 and possible larger (masthead) chute and you have a very capable boat.

Yeah my point was it's a dual purpose boat like the Bente but more perf oriented. if it's anything like it's big brother it could be a coastal weapon. Would definitely rather one of these than a J80 which people do quite a bit of distance stuff on in Euro land.

What OSR category are you going for? Is Cat 3 possible? I reckon it'll need proper fwd lifelines and a pulpit.

Beam 8 ft 2 in 2.489 m

Draft 5 ft 1.52 m

Weight 1,783 lbs 809 kg

Jib 126 sq ft 12.0 m2

Well said - and when you've had enough of wife swapping you can confidently sail it short handed. Add a Code0 and possible larger (masthead) chute and you have a very capable boat.

Considering the chute is already 20% bigger than a Melges chute, it sounds like it already has the wheels.

Yeah my point was it's a dual purpose boat like the Bente but more perf oriented. if it's anything like it's big brother it could be a coastal weapon. Would definitely rather one of these than a J80 which people do quite a bit of distance stuff on in Euro land.

What OSR category are you going for? Is Cat 3 possible? I reckon it'll need proper fwd lifelines and a pulpit.

Designed to Category C (inshore). Comes with short lifelines and no pulpit. Option for standard lifelines with pushpit/pulpit. Basic price includes 3 sails. Hull no.1 is now in assembly stage for its Dusseldorf debut in January.

Speaking of Bente 24,

Sail area could be upgraded to 40 m2 (upwind)

Gennaker 55 m2

Parasail (?) up to 63 m2

Weight reduced to 1200kg if carbon option is chosen..

CE category - B as optional

not bad compared to default configuration

Interior looks nice, more spacious than SC24, I bet!

BEN24_interior_bow_Du%CC%88sseldorf-Boat

2_29229e0ae4.png

Designed to Category C (inshore). Comes with short lifelines and no pulpit. Option for standard lifelines with pushpit/pulpit. Basic price includes 3 sails. Hull no.1 is now in assembly stage for its Dusseldorf debut in January.

- What about Category B, what parts are missing, upgrade possible ?

- will the boat be seen at inwater-hanseboot-boatshow near Hamburg in May ?

- What about Category B, what parts are missing, upgrade possible ?

- will the boat be seen at inwater-hanseboot-boatshow near Hamburg in May ?

re B category, I don't think so.

I assume it is GRP hull. 950kg is way too low compared to 1300kg of Bente 24 which is category B, for sure.

lately I spend way to much time in the yard and not on the forums, so it is nice to see Bente people so threatened by the Seascape that they have to post on every Seascape 24 thread ;)

This boat is designed as a C category boat. With 18 we have an entry boat in the category and the 24 is rounding up this range for us. Same logic is used with the 27 which is entry boat for B category and the next one will round that category...

The stiffness of the hull is something that remains to be seen but so far i have a feeling that Sam (Manuard) just couldn't help himself and he designed a proper offshore structure for inshore boat. Although a bit penalizing with weight at start, this is good on the long run as the boats will be stiff while sailing and will not go soft in few years like the new F18 cats do... I guess we could go 50kg off with lighter structure and/or full PVC cored hull but then the trailering would be more problematic, as the boat is designed for trailer sailing and trailer launching, you can't go too light on the structure anyway...

As standard we offer low (30cm) one wire guardrails but are also preparing B category legal railings with puplit, pushpit and 450mm high two wire guardrails.

The hull #1 is going to be presented in Dusseldorf end of January, with hull # 2 already in the works.

Same logic is used with the 27 which is entry boat for B category and the next one will round that category...

a new project? bigger size?

Kudos for keeping the boats at low weight. It'd be nice to see a new boat capable of A category :)

You can't do Cat A in that size boat. At least not something that people would want to sail.

lately I spend way to much time in the yard and not on the forums, so it is nice to see Bente people so threatened by the Seascape that they have to post on every Seascape 24 thread ;)

I'm not a Bente guy, I just like the boat and I went to uni with the Designer (Alex). I don't know about the other people who've referenced the Bente. I like both boats and I was just thinking it'd be nice to see the spec of two boats of similar size both available in Europe. Clearly the Bente is more cruisey. My question wasn't the ISO category it was the ISAF OSR category: I think without the pulpit and forward lifelines it can't be CAT 3 even though it looks like it could be easily. After all people do CAT 3 races on J80s.

Speaking of Bente 24,

Interior looks nice, ...

2_29229e0ae4.png

Yeah young Vrolijk knows all about doggy style head room

I think without the pulpit and forward lifelines it can't be CAT 3 even though it looks like it could be easily. After all people do CAT 3 races on J80s.

well, we designed an optional full sized 450mm high guardrails with pulpit and pushpit for thos e who will need i for whatever reason. They fit on the same position/holes than low, 300mm high inshore guardrails. But as the low one will be standard, this one goes to the boat show...

Speaking of Bente 24,

Interior looks nice, ...

2_29229e0ae4.png

Yeah young Vrolijk knows all about doggy style head room

:D

At least you get good space where companionway is. It looks quite wide! Probably Stephan begged Vrolijk so he can take in more women inside.

​I've not been in Seascape 24 but it seems more performance oriented and less "living aboard" suited. My crit is that Seascape don't offer cheaper alternative (alu mast and dacron sail, minimal equipment) Slovenians wont even afford it.

I'm definitely one of the potential customers Bente24 aim to sell. Hipsters who care for environment, count every dollar, lives aboard etc.

Of course, I don't plan to sail a boat that would need A category but its nice to know that its solid enough with 1400kg displacement.

made a quick research how companionway looks on Seascape 27 and Bente 24. SC27 is bigger and still fails at that point and costs 3 times more? (couldn't find price on that)

Guess which is easier to sail offshore (from comfort and living aboard viewpoint)? Couldn't find a better picture of bente 24 but one could see that it is wide horizontally.

GOPR1823.jpg

100460-2c8ce164f2490b8f5781b6eeb1eb2244.

that shows companionway in better way

post-121080-0-82675100-1452716852_thumb.jpg

at min 5:21

Tomasis - Dusseldorf is just around the corner where you will be able to make any comparisons you want regarding interiors. May I suggest you start a thread on the Bente 24 as what you are posting here possibly harms the Bente brand much more than it helps and the designer and producer don't deserve that. With it's own thread you will also provide one place for all the Bente comments rather than all over the web.

The Bente looks like a fine boat, but differs in design concept quite a lot from Seascape and once you've tested them all I think you will agree. Also when comparison pricing - make sure you compare like with like as ponted out by Kristian.

Ps - with over 300 Seascape 18 and 70 Seascape 27's sold to date I think the brand has proven itself with customers. If you like to get one cheaper - you could look at the 2nd hand market, but you won't find many Seascapes there!

sure im excited for both boats. I dont think it harms any brand here :)

there is a thread about bente in general section. But I'm not sure in which section to post (sport or cruising) as the bente is a hybrid boat.

any post is good for marketing. Any attention only raises value for a product. -_-

ps: i think sc18 is a hit, but I dont think it is wrong to criticize other models neither. I don't understand the sensitive reaction over my posts. A lot of Ferrari owners are sensitive.

Tomasis - Dusseldorf is just around the corner where you will be able to make any comparisons you want regarding interiors. May I suggest you start a thread on the Bente 24 as what you are posting here possibly harms the Bente brand much more than it helps and the designer and producer don't deserve that. With it's own thread you will also provide one place for all the Bente comments rather than all over the web.

The Bente looks like a fine boat, but differs in design concept quite a lot from Seascape and once you've tested them all I think you will agree. Also when comparison pricing - make sure you compare like with like as ponted out by Kristian.

Ps - with over 300 Seascape 18 and 70 Seascape 27's sold to date I think the brand has proven itself with customers. If you like to get one cheaper - you could look at the 2nd hand market, but you won't find many Seascapes there!

Svein, if you want to wrest back control of the the narrative on this thread you should post more photos of the 24! Looks like a great boat, BTW.

I'm counting down the days (5 years) when kids get out of college so I can finally get my own SS18.

Svein, if you want to wrest back control of the the narrative on this thread you should post more photos of the 24! Looks like a great boat, BTW.

I'm counting down the days (5 years) when kids get out of college so I can finally get my own SS18.

Well, we have 5 days before we head to Dusseldorf, set up the stand and show the boat. Not too much extra time, but so far I am very happy with what I see, cockpit ergonomy is good, internal /habitable volume is good, main systems are working well and overall dry sailing weight of 880kg is right where we want to have it.

I really can't wait to get this baby in the water to try her under sail. This is going to be fun on steroids (especially with close to 100m2 of downwind sail area ;)

So if someone wants to post other boats in this thread, sure, go ahead, enjoy yourself.

Good job with 880kg . Post some photos of sc 24. Id like see the interior

I'm not a boat salesman, nor do I play one on TV. But, I'll hopefully be stopping by the show on Saturday and will try to get some pics of all of the Seascape line and get them posted when I get a chance.

I personally have no interest in the other boat that keeps stepping on this thread and any interest I may have had has descreased by all of the boorish posts.

I have seen pictures of the boat which is now almost complete - trust me it's drop down gorgeous and a perfect blend of the 18 and 27. Being under spec weight and on budget, I look forward to the Seascape debut next week. Until then my lips are sealed (unless the factory deems otherwise). As for the 18 - I'm in Key West next week so perhaps I can manage some pictures for you if you pm me.

It reminds me of another icon of design - the Jaguar E-type which on http://web-cars.com/e-type/is summarized as:

The Jaguar E-Type is the most exciting car ever made. That is a strong statement, but consider the following:

• In its day it was extremely fast.
  • It offered killer styling.
  • It featured advanced technology.
  • It held its own with high dollar exotics, yet the price was reasonable.

post-74169-0-57720700-1452909550_thumb.jpg

I'm not a boat salesman, nor do I play one on TV. But, I'll hopefully be stopping by the show on Saturday and will try to get some pics of all of the Seascape line and get them posted when I get a chance.

I personally have no interest in the other boat that keeps stepping on this thread and any interest I may have had has descreased by all of the boorish posts.

Thank you!

+1 on the second sentence...

I have seen pictures of the boat which is now almost complete - trust me it's drop down gorgeous and a perfect blend of the 18 and 27. Being under spec weight and on budget, I look forward to the Seascape debut next week. Until then my lips are sealed (unless the factory deems otherwise). As for the 18 - I'm in Key West next week so perhaps I can manage some pictures for you if you pm me.

It reminds me of another icon of design - the Jaguar E-type which on http://web-cars.com/e-type/is summarized as:

The Jaguar E-Type is the most exciting car ever made. That is a strong statement, but consider the following:

• In its day it was extremely fast.
  • It offered killer styling.
  • It featured advanced technology.
  • It held its own with high dollar exotics, yet the price was reasonable.

way too high praise :)

SC is more comparable to Ariel Atom

Ariel-Atom-500-V8-11.jpg

Closest competitors? Melges 24, J70, Fareast 23R, Bavaria B/one.. what more?

Melges_24_WOrlds__3XH3143_800.jpg

31749961f15647cd7accb0decace593a.jpg

compared to competitors I posted in pics, SC24 has most interior space, seems so.

One of the design conditions for us was that you need to be able to sleep 4 persons over night. This enables a family of four (parents +2 kids) to go on summer cruises and/or short coastal trips. Boats you mention, have no habitable interior and are dedicated sport boats which Seascape was never intended to be. The 18s (and we hope the 24s will be too) are used in a mix of one design racing, family fun sailing and surprisingly a lot of people go cruising in summer...

One of the design conditions for us was that you need to be able to sleep 4 persons over night. This enables a family of four (parents +2 kids) to go on summer cruises and/or short coastal trips. Boats you mention, have no habitable interior and are dedicated sport boats which Seascape was never intended to be. The 18s (and we hope the 24s will be too) are used in a mix of one design racing, family fun sailing and surprisingly a lot of people go cruising in summer...

yes it is very interesting design.

I just posted sport boats to bring a perspective what is SC for.

Posting Bente 24 which suddenly looks too cruisey, on other hand - Melges24 - too sporty. It is where SC hits the balance re design requirements.

However, as potential buy, I find SC 18 interesting then for another 10k one gets Bente 24. Yes, different boats still but, at the moment, I'm not interested to win 1st places with a very competitive hull. So its not easy deciding between 20k and 30k boats (performance vs living aboard).

Antrim 25...

Have any of the all carbon ones been made?

I missed out an Ultimate 24 buy several hours - still kicking myself.

Humble words from a great designer!

Walking the docks today before Key West race week it is clear that buyers have a multitude of great boats to choose from - whether you have a multi million dollar budget or something less! The sleek CC30, Farr 28, Far East 28, GP26 are here in all their glory and we wish them well. Plenty of J-Boats and Melges too, so something for all. All are good at what they are designed for, but few to none offer a versatile multipurpose role that I think Seascapes excel at. Weather permitting we'll be out there for the race (fun sailing) with my Seascape 18 - a very speedy 18 footer which probably offer sleeping accommodation, trailerabilty and shallow water access on par or better than any listed above so if you are in Key West this week look out for the small Seascape 18 with the square top main and say hi!

Ps - if you are visiting, I think the best way to see the race is to take a cruise on America 2 (other than on you own boat).

Antrim 25...

I don't know. I thinks it's a darn interesting boat if you want a modern midget ocean racer.

There is one more newbie coming to the category of trailerable cruiser/racers. The Reacher 780 will be splashed in few weeks (www.reacher780.com). She sleeps 4, has an optional WC-cabin for privacy during cruising and a spacious cockpit for regatta sailing.

Antrim 25...

I don't know. I thinks it's a darn interesting boat if you want a modern midget ocean racer.

ocean? interesting..

next competitor is Django 7.70 which looks like a bit grown-up mini transat ...A category etc

Bavaria B/One has 4 berthes, though no windows :) An inshore boat though

There is one more newbie coming to the category of trailerable cruiser/racers. The Reacher 780 will be splashed in few weeks (www.reacher780.com). She sleeps 4, has an optional WC-cabin for privacy during cruising and a spacious cockpit for regatta sailing.

Looks interesting! Looks closer, say, to class 9.50 but in 8m format.

The company from Croatia offers it for 33k + vat (special price though) .. Good have to some competition :)

281184_e979a1a4f1ce4357a824462ae30291d5.

luv the "bowsprit"

281184_49e35b70f8b1454c9bc049a0d87d49ef.

Would be cool to see "Class 8.00" to complement mini 6.50 and class 9.50 :P

Tomasis, as said before, posting prices without even looking at the specs is not really credible way of comparing two or more boats. Reacher is asking 39k but without a lot of options like mainsail traveller, bowsprit&genaker option, hull & kabin windows and with ALU mast, that actually makes a lot of difference both in price and in behaviour of the boats.

Including these options you can begin to compare red apples and yellow apples instead of apples and oranges...

Tomasis, as said before, posting prices without even looking at the specs is not really credible way of comparing two or more boats. Reacher is asking 39k but without a lot of options like mainsail traveller, bowsprit&genaker option, hull & kabin windows and with ALU mast, that actually makes a lot of difference both in price and in behaviour of the boats.

Including these options you can begin to compare red apples and yellow apples instead of apples and oranges...

I understand that boats that are equally equipped, should be compared. I still think that with worse/less options one gets a boat for good value and one has still possibility to upgrade the boat in future (replace an rig or better sails)

But why should a buyer to choose a boat for 60k because someone said so? For instance, he may want stick with an Alu mast and opt out a trailer, teak, magohany or god knows. Why not to offer options for the buyer instead of a complete package?

I imagine that offering a complete package of every model saves costs overall from economy perspective especially for a small company. To have a own philosophy is a good thing. I respect you for that.

(copy from the website of reacher780)

Competitors: 24-27 feet, performance cruiser concept, trailable, lift/swing keel:

Reacher 780

Seascape 24, 27
Saphire 27
Heol 7.4
Mak 7
Life 7.5
Kerkena 7.6
Far East 26
SQ 25
Pointer 25
Bente 24

Antrim 25 ?

Sawyer--

Thanks for the photos.

What's with the link? It goes to some news web about Slovinia with a story about a supermarket chain... Was that your intention?

I think without the pulpit and forward lifelines it can't be CAT 3 even though it looks like it could be easily. After all people do CAT 3 races on J80s.

well, we designed an optional full sized 450mm high guardrails with pulpit and pushpit for thos e who will need i for whatever reason. They fit on the same position/holes than low, 300mm high inshore guardrails. But as the low one will be standard, this one goes to the boat show...

Big thumbs up. The interior pics on the front page look good too.

Also the cabin windows and the forward hatch are huge pluses for a nice interior and make the coach roof very attractive. Can you get a 27 with windows?

This may be one of the nicest dual purpose boats I've seen in awhile. Just avoid the Sailing World BOTY and you'll be alright.

Just avoid the Sailing World BOTY and you'll be alright.

+1 BOTY seems to be the KOD for many boats.

sorry but no. boat just came back from Dusseldorf last week.

When will you be able to post some videos of the beast sailing?

No video's yet, but first in-water picture on facebook (www.facebook.com/thinkseascape). More coming shortly.

Enjoy - top speed 16.9 KTS.

The first independent report will soon be available. Below is a teaser translation from www.facebook.com/thinkseascape. It's important to note that this test came only a few days after first sail so there may still be sail tuning etc to do - very promising start.

=============

Before Portoroz, the building number 1 for the first time had to confront an independent test. And that same right: A Bora with strong gusty, cold northeast between 25 and 32 knots of wind speed was more than enough pressure and a partly confused and choppy sea. The day before were the conditions still moderate at 10 to 20 knots of wind - what is more, what designer Sam Manuard has designed the boat.
A light wind runner for inland water and coastal trip indeed to be the seascape of 24 more. However, she may be also different. Downwind under gennaker rushed them with Bora at the top with almost 16 knots through the Blue Lake, in the Middle, she logged 13 to 14 knots. The wind with a reef in the large main, she achieved a good 6 knots and was very balanced on the rudder.
Read all about the boat and its test in YACHT 8/2016 - from March 30 at the kiosk, available from 26th March as app or online version. For those who are already curious, here our photo gallery.

Hi there,

Has anybody seen a price list for the various options yet? Curious to see what the end price will be with some basic options included.

Hi there,

Has anybody seen a price list for the various options yet? Curious to see what the end price will be with some basic options included.

Tits.

Hi there,

Tits.

Lighten up newby.

Let's talk about the boat.

Go to general anarchy for you tit fix.

Hi there,

The options list is still in development, but the basic boat includes jib/main/genakker so add fenders and dock lines and you are ready! Want power - get a 4-6 HP outboard and a mount bracket. After that it depends on optional sails, interior, instruments, trailer etc.

College bills can't end too soon. Damn kids are expensive.

Hi there,

The options list is still in development, but the basic boat includes jib/main/genakker so add fenders and dock lines and you are ready! Want power - get a 4-6 HP outboard and a mount bracket. After that it depends on optional sails, interior, instruments, trailer etc.

Understand, thanks!

Do you know if the first boat been delivered yet?

Hi there,

Tits.

Lighten up newby.

Let's talk about the boat.

Go to general anarchy for you tit fix.

I go to google for my tit fix. And I was being lighthearted but I can see it's tough to tell with one word. Lots of great discussion in the FE23vSC24 thread. Would be cool to see these out on SF bay. Lighten up FS!

Understand, thanks!

Do you know if the first boat been delivered yet?

We are waiting for the Germanische Lloyd certification office to issue Declaration of Conformity (CE certificate). Paperwork should be here mid May. Three boats are waiting for the CE certificate and then can be delivered to customers. Four more boats are planned for June and another 4 in July.

Fast, fun and easy...

Aha, so you're quite buzy, it seems :-)
Is any of the new boats ordered with the 45cm railing? If so, any chance you can posts some pics on how that turns out?

Aha, so you're quite buzy, it seems :-)

Is any of the new boats ordered with the 45cm railing? If so, any chance you can posts some pics on how that turns out?

Yes - one for US/Canada delivery soon. Pictures tba.

I bet the 24 will be most sold model of all!

Keep up,Kristian.

Is this still SA?

What's it rate?

a round of polite applause?

Hi Svein,

Any news on the railing pics or options list?

we installed first high railing on the boat and will post pics in few days when I get a better internet connection.

Can anyone tell me the basic spec's for the production boats? Displacement, main, jib and gennaker area?

Can anyone tell me the basic spec's for the production boats? Displacement, main, jib and gennaker area?

Don't know if the production boats differ from whats on the website (same specs posted above as well)

http://www.thinkseascape.com/boat/seascape-24/the-evolution/

Length (LOA): 7,30 m

Beam: 2,50 m

Draft: 30-190 cm

Displacement: 890 kg

Balast: 320 kg

Sails upwind: 42 m2

Gennaker (7/8): 67 m2

Berths: 4

24-podatki1-194x300.jpg

we did not differ much, some weight was saved by optimizing scantlings and fibre overlaps, some weight was gained by optimizing the way how we fair the interior but on other hand we gained some weight for adding a skin coat to reduce print through and fairing time on the outer surfaces. So net weight is more or less equal as on the prototype.

i promised pic of high railing but the picture I took is blurred due to my (too)smartphone so I am just attaching 3D model to get the idea...

post-66885-0-60114700-1469006931_thumb.jpg

post-66885-0-11119500-1469007313_thumb.jpg