• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Philen

Seascape 24 in the works

182 posts in this topic

Is it possible to set up a Seascape 24 to be in compliance with Coastal or Offshore requirements for US racing?

Moore 24s do ocean races all the time, and they comply, or can be made to comply.

USSailing Safety Equipment: http://www.ussailing.org/wp-content/uploads/DARoot/US_SER_2016.1%20with%20cx.pdf

Northern California version: http://norcalorc.org/gear

A quick read indicates that the 24 equipped with the right options including the high lifelines (like the demo boat shortly arriving in the US) will meet the Coastal requirements, however, the minimum stability of 103 as well as some other smaller issues will need to be verified. Note, however, that the norcalorc rules currently don't appear to enforce the stability requirement.

If in doubt - consider the SSC27 which exceed all listed coastal requirements and have done the MAC as well as a number of European long distance races.

Looks like end-boom main sheet with no traveler?

Is it usual for a 24' boat not to have a traveler?

yes, even Melges 24 Class Executive Committee in a document "Melges 24: A vision for 2014 and beyond" proposed to replace the mainsail track with bridle (A frame) system. This also means you need to use lots of vang tension which in effect helps you to bend the mast and depower it.

I am in touch with the US distributor, and asked for base pricing for FOB USA , ex sails and instruments.

Guys, I still owe you pictures of high railing. Looks good.

Forgive what may a be a stupid question, but why wouldn't you turn the mainsheet tackle over?

>Forgive what may a be a stupid question, but why wouldn't you turn the mainsheet tackle over?

If you're referring to the way how mainsheet is run, that is simple owner's mistake. The sheet when set up correctly, go from purchase to front block under the boom...

I am in touch with the US distributor, and asked for base pricing for FOB USA , ex sails and instruments.

Looks like end-boom main sheet with no traveler?

Is it usual for a 24' boat not to have a traveler?

Yeah, I'm curious about the lack of traveler as well. i seem to recall an early design 3D rendering showing a platform above the tillers with a traveler... or I could be mixing up my storehouse of mental images.

Seems like an important tool for shaping and trimming the main in various wind conditions.

I think if you have a relatively powerful vang you don't need the traveller so much to use mainsheet tension to keep the boom pulled down. But then you have to be active in playing it ? You can't just travel down and then back up in a puff. But then the logic of sportboats maybe is different than 4ktsbs.

I think if you have a relatively powerful vang you don't need the traveller so much to use mainsheet tension to keep the boom pulled down. But then you have to be active in playing it ? You can't just travel down and then back up in a puff. But then the logic of sportboats maybe is different than 4ktsbs.

I was thinking of the Melges 24, it has a traveler and backstay! Only one rudder though... I guess if you have fewer strings to pull you can focus on driving more. i wonder how the Seascape 24 will go to weather in the slot?

I have never missed having a traveler on my Viper 640. I use a split tail main sheet at the back, with a rear bridle.

The 24 is fast and potent boat, with lots of power. That also means that the correct trim of the mast becomes a very important factor. If trimmer properly, you can sail effortless in 25kts of wind, but if you keep it too loose, then it would be uncomfortable in 15kts already... You have plenty of tools to depower the sailplan, but if you do not use them, then the mainsheet track alone will not help you in any way.

We choose the bridle in favor of the track because we wanted the boat to be as simple as possible. So, less equipment, less ropes in the cockpit, less weight...

A proper rig trimming guide is one of our top priorities.

The 24 is fast and potent boat, with lots of power. That also means that the correct trim of the mast becomes a very important factor. If trimmer properly, you can sail effortless in 25kts of wind, but if you keep it too loose, then it would be uncomfortable in 15kts already... You have plenty of tools to depower the sailplan, but if you do not use them, then the mainsheet track alone will not help you in any way.

We choose the bridle in favor of the track because we wanted the boat to be as simple as possible. So, less equipment, less ropes in the cockpit, less weight...

When do you think you'll be able to put the guide up on your website? It will help potential buyers understand the characteristics of the boat. I'm curious about how the boat will sail upwind on a typical SF Bay summer day with 20 to 25 knots and nasty shallow water ebb tide chop that we have on the Berkeley Circle and other areas of the bay. I'm guessing that the long skinny swing keel will take some getting used to if you want to sail efficiently-- especially upwind.

This is one of the project we are working on or we need to be working on... sometimes you feel like a field surgeon doing triage; this project can wait, this one will be dead no matter what you do, this one we can save if we start working on it immediately...

This is one of the project we are working on or we need to be working on... sometimes you feel like a field surgeon doing triage; this project can wait, this one will be dead no matter what you do, this one we can save if we start working on it immediately...

Send me a boat and I will get the trimming guide made up

my boat has no mainsheet track but strops (3 points) then add vang. The guy who built it did skipper a Clippers earlier.

I luv the simplicity!!!

The first 24 has now arrived the US and should be in the water this weekend. How will it handle the SF Bay chop? Probably similar to other modern sport boats of similar size, stability and weight with a bonus for keel depth and twin rudders.Trim the mast for choppy conditions and then use appropriate main sheet, vang and cunningham as you normally do except there is no backstay and it has a very powerful square top main.Short handing or cruising - it's a charm too.

Kristian will we see a Wingscape 24?

Not likely. We tried the concept on two 18s competing in well developed 18 fleet to get some real life result not just that bullshit "oh, it sails so great, so awesome ... (but never wins a race)" and results just never justified the extra hassle and expense...so Wingscape 18 was converted back to classic setup.

Self standing rig had a weight penalty, sails were more expensive... On top of everything it exhibited some new handling challenges like you can't feather the sail as it rotates around center of effort so it is prone to flutter in high winds, mainsail blocking forward vision (and passage forward) when going downwind, etc...

To cut long story short, "cons" strongly outweighed "pros" to keep the program on life support.

But adding some lifting foils on the boat, well, that is an interesting idea for winter projects....

post-66885-0-59835700-1473491539_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Is the winter project experiment on the 18?

Cheers,

Bjarne sailed Seascape 24 to the 2nd place in this year's Silver Rudder, 134NM singlehanded race in Denmark. Not only he sailed good, but he did a great job recording the race on video.

Kristian will we see a Wingscape 24?

Not likely. We tried the concept on two 18s competing in well developed 18 fleet to get some real life result not just that bullshit "oh, it sails so great, so awesome ... (but never wins a race)" and results just never justified the extra hassle and expense...so Wingscape 18 was converted back to classic setup.

Self standing rig had a weight penalty, sails were more expensive... On top of everything it exhibited some new handling challenges like you can't feather the sail as it rotates around center of effort so it is prone to flutter in high winds, mainsail blocking forward vision (and passage forward) when going downwind, etc...

To cut long story short, "cons" strongly outweighed "pros" to keep the program on life support.

But adding some lifting foils on the boat, well, that is an interesting idea for winter projects....

Would love to hear more about the plans for the foils!!!

Can anyone here copy and paste the Seascape 24 boat of the year info/article into this thread?

Thanks!

Wow... not much detail about the sailing test in the article. They usually discuss wind conditions and describe the sailing at several different point of sail.

This is the only mention of sailing qualities:

"Finally, as advertised, the boat, like its larger and smaller brethren, is a blast to sail."

Very informative.

You'd think if you were the USA distributor, and you knew you were going to be in SAIL magazine, that you'd be smart enough to update your website to ACTUALLY have information on the boat be present and easy to find :unsure:

Neat boat, but doesn't make me want to reach out to them if they can't be bothered to so much as update their website...

You'd think if you were the USA distributor, and you knew you were going to be in SAIL magazine, that you'd be smart enough to update your website to ACTUALLY have information on the boat be present and easy to find :unsure:

Neat boat, but doesn't make me want to reach out to them if they can't be bothered to so much as update their website...

You're asking way too much now ;) Do you know how much work adding some info to a website takes nowadays... B) *end sarcasm mode * If I were SeaScape, I'd be looking to replace this distributor today!

Using all the publications to attract people to buy a boat should be #1 priority. Petty also, as this appears to be quite a lot of fun boat!

Call them.

Have spoken with them several times.

Nice people.

Forthcoming with plenty of info (electronically) and quite willing to go for a sail.

Neat boat.

Tbone,

I'm sure they are nice folks. Out of date websites is just one of my pet peeves. I'm of the school that says if it's not current then your better off just posting contact info or even not having a site...but that just might be my personal shortcoming too😱

Tbone,

I'm sure they are nice folks. Out of date websites is just one of my pet peeves. I'm of the school that says if it's not current then your better off just posting contact info or even not having a site...but that just might be my personal shortcoming too😱

There are probably a great many more important things about which to worry in this life.

It's a cool boat.

Give 'em a call

Better! But no interior pics? No spec sheet? No sailplan or layout drawings?

Still some room to grow to provide the full set of basic info a potential buyer might be after....

I've been talking with them. Seem pretty reasonable at getting answers to specific questions. I may head over to Maine in a few weeks or less to have a look. They sent me a spec sheet via email.

Cross post from the general forum (in case you don't go there) - Seascape 24 wins Sailing Worlds 2017 BOTY award in the "Best Recreational Racer" category. It's a great accomplishment - a "Grand Slam (3 for 3)" - 2015=Seascape 27, 2016=Seascape18, 2017=Seascape24. Add Sail Magazine BOTY and a special award by the French Voile Magazine and the press is unanimous in it's praise. See it next in Miami Strictly Sail or in Key West and Biscayne Bay (Miami) before the show.

@ Boot Dusseldorf: Seascape 24 wins European Yacht of the Year Award. Parents are very proud.

post-66885-0-72174400-1485378448_thumb.jpg

@ Boot Dusseldorf: Seascape 24 wins European Yacht of the Year Award. Parents are very proud.

congratulations

Congrats, nice range you have got going on.

Fresh from Key West the Seascape 24 will sail out of Shake a Leg in Miami this week before entering the Miami Boat Show. It's a blast to sail and impresses with its speed and versatility - will test its sleeping quarters too! Picture of Seascape 24 meets classic in Key West attached.

post-74169-0-37655200-1486350484_thumb.jpg

No sailplan or layout drawings......

...of keel retracted/deployed?????? Is what they call "plan view"?

No sailplan or layout drawings......

...of keel retracted/deployed?????? Is what they call "plan view"?

Not plan(ing), but fun clips while we wait for summer:

Is this "plan" view good enough:

7_f0aa0f2b21.jpeg

Ok what about the slot turbulence?

Minimal - there is a flexible mylar slot cover to minimize flow disturbance

There is a 24 headed to VT.

what?

not sure why that went twice. We put in a down payment about 2 months ago.

Hi Kristian

you wrote "But adding some lifting foils on the boat, well, that is an interesting idea for winter projects...." any news???

Is that another Aussies Aprils fools joke (see Moth news update on home page)? I think I prefer to keep my feet on the ground so to speak - I don't like having to designate a crew member to look out for submerged containers and tree trunks.

The 24 would be a natural choice due its light weigh and lots of power but she lacks enough structure to make it stiff enough for the foil induced loads. However, Sam is very keen to make 27 fly. We even discussed foils arrangement and other bits/pieces. The only missing part of the puzzle is an owner who is willing to finance it :)

Got our boat 2 weeks ago.  Working it up to speed.  Have raced it once in 20+ knots.  Hit 12.4 knots with the kite up (first time flying it too).  Have sailed it several times including an overnight last night with our kids. Very powered up.  Reefed it going upwind in the race, still loads of power.  Still figuring it all out.  So far we are liking it. 

11 minutes ago, ZeroTheHero said:

Got our boat 2 weeks ago.  Working it up to speed.  Have raced it once in 20+ knots.  Hit 12.4 knots with the kite up (first time flying it too).  Have sailed it several times including an overnight last night with our kids. Very powered up.  Reefed it going upwind in the race, still loads of power.  Still figuring it all out.  So far we are liking it. 

Great news!

Congratulations on the purchase. Details and photos when you have time.

How does it sail upwind in a chop? (If you've experienced that yet... )

We went upwind in 20-28 in the race.  Had to reef and even then was very overpowered.  With that short of a waterline it wasn't particularly speedy.  Lake Champlain chop is usually pretty short and steep.  Kinda hobby horsing along.  We had a 20 mile fetch to deal with.  Last night the breeze kicked up on our way to our anchorage, right on the nose.  15-18 knots and my daughter hates healing.  The jib has loads of power, so you sort of sail to that.  We dumped the main to keep her happy.  Reefing would have balanced the boat better.  Supposedly rates 102 phrf but I am not sure about that.  Reaching in 12 knots  we saw 7.6 knots just j&m.  It handles a lot like a big boat.  Compared to the Viper I usually race it feels slow and huge, you need the winches.  But looking at relative speeds we aren't too far off.  It is definitely a "little big boat", whereas the Viper is a "big dinghy".  It sort of feels like the J88 I sometimes crew on.  Also, it likes to heal, hull shape asks for it

The boat is super cool, and really fun to sail. It carries a lot of sail area for the size. I could see keeping both reef lines rigged at all times to facilitate de-powering. We should have used two reefs in the first race, but it was challenging enough to rig one reef during the race (day one!).

I think we need to test jib or not with spin out. We are spoiled by jib-out gybes on the Viper 640.

I grew up sailing a Tanzer 22, and this is the modern, sci-fi version.

The interior bags look great for cruising. I think the boat has six of them. I could see two of them staying on the boat, and then each family member packs one bag for cruising.

I'm on the PHRF committee, and the only data we had was the NE PHRF rating of 102. I'll be watching the local performance vs Etchells, J/70, J/29, J/92, Viper 640, and J/88. If I were to guess, I would say the final rating might be closer to a J/70.

I'm really looking forward to doing our local overnight race on this boat.

Cheers,

Jason

Nice, and sounds pretty cool.  At some point you gotta remember its still a 24 footer...so at some point, it's only gonna go upwind like a 24 footer...20-28 and chop is tough on any boat.  Did you get any off wind work in those conditions?  How'd it do there?

Glad you like it. Boat has a lot of potential but it does not sail by itself. Especially upwind in a breeze it needs proper trim on the mast and with sails. When loosing confidence/patience or both, remember that the boat came 2nd in the class on the last year's Silver Rudder race, which is 136nm singlehander. And they also had 20-25kts at the upwind part...

Upwind you need to be proactive with trim, flatten the mainsail (cunningham and vang can do wonders on how the boat feels) but do not reef main to early with big jib up. Rather change it to #2 which will make boat much more balanced...

If you have any doubts or questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

P.S. regarding the part with your daughter...when caught out in 25kts with kids, we just rolled up the jib and sailed upwind under mainsail alone. Still doing 5,5kts but kids having fun, laughing and eating sandwiches...

What are the % sizes of the #1 and #2? I think Zero's boat only has one jib.

Hi,

I've been sailing the Seascape 24 in 50kts of wind.

The boat is great, like Kristian wrote, it's very important to setup the rigg with the right tensions and the right rake. If you don't you will break something.

I will recommend that you get some new sails as well.

You will need a j2 and a smaller kite for heavy wind, and for pointing. North didn't do a good job on this sails.

Seascape do have the tension but haven't wrote them in the owners manual.

20 hours ago, Wisper said:

You will need a j2 and a smaller kite for heavy wind, and for pointing. North didn't do a good job on this sails.

The stock sails aren't too bad from my experience here in the UK, a year on and with a lot of use they still are holding a good shape and doing the job. The jib is big and a smaller jib is deffo needed for when the breeze is up but it's a lot down to how you the sail the bus.

For upwind it is critical that you don't oversheet the jib, with the tracks on the roof the sheet angle is quite tight so when the breeze is up it's critical to drop the car a back and sail with the sheet eased an inch or two to open the leech on the jib. Also with no back stay jib halyard really needs a good amount to get the draft forward as the breeze builds.

With the main, cunno is your best friend, pile her on really hard. Kicker hard as-well but sometimes she needs a crack to open the leech up more.

She goes well upwind on her own but with any performance hull the more you work her the better she goes. Shes short so don't let her get sluggish keep her on her feet, plenty of ease and squeeze on the main to keep speed and height and she fly's. 

We've beaten plenty of bigger and faster guys around the track here especially when you give her your all, she just loves it. Weapon of a boat. 

1 hour ago, Cats Rule said:

The stock sails aren't too bad from my experience here in the UK, a year on and with a lot of use they still are holding a good shape and doing the job. The jib is big and a smaller jib is deffo needed for when the breeze is up but it's a lot down to how you the sail the bus.

For upwind it is critical that you don't oversheet the jib, with the tracks on the roof the sheet angle is quite tight so when the breeze is up it's critical to drop the car a back and sail with the sheet eased an inch or two to open the leech on the jib. Also with no back stay jib halyard really needs a good amount to get the draft forward as the breeze builds.

With the main, cunno is your best friend, pile her on really hard. Kicker hard as-well but sometimes she needs a crack to open the leech up more.

She goes well upwind on her own but with any performance hull the more you work her the better she goes. Shes short so don't let her get sluggish keep her on her feet, plenty of ease and squeeze on the main to keep speed and height and she fly's. 

We've beaten plenty of bigger and faster guys around the track here especially when you give her your all, she just loves it. Weapon of a boat. 

Hi,

Nice that you like the Norths, for me they didn't work.

I got a new jib from Elvstrom, and it gives me 1-1,5kts more speed up wind.

Sure you have to work the sails and boat, that's sailing. But now I'm competitive with the Melges 24 for the first time.

The sails from Seascape is cruising sails, if you want to go fast you should get racing sails. It's the same with other boats to. Will cost you round about €7.200,-

Good to see this thread getting some owners involved!

To answer Crash's question above we did get the spin up.  I only have the big spinnaker.  We pulled it out of the plastic bag about two hours before the race.  We saw 12.4 knots off the wind.  Possibly could have gone faster if we had moved aft.  We rarely have to get aft on the Viper and we were sort of stuck in that mode of thinking.  

Right now we have 20 on the uppers and 10 on the lowers with 15 on the fore stay.  We got these numbers from the Seascape USA rep.  Still feels light to me.  Any help here would be great.  Is the owners manual online?  We didn't get a print version with the boat.

I didn't know there was a smaller jib offered, only have 1.  I did know that there was a smaller spin but didn't order it with the boat.  Will probably add it, possibly this winter.

Went for another sail yesterday.  Had Streetwise with us working on some systems and instrument brackets.  Winds were 8-12 and pretty flat water.  Upwind we were playing the main more than we previously had been to keep the boat tracking better.  Upwind boat speed was high 5's to mid 6's.  Off the wind we experimented with keeping the jib up to see if we gained anything.  From our very informal test we did seem to get a little more speed with the jib up in those conditions.  Made jibing easier too.  Did a few blow through jibes, still working on timing.  This was only the third time we had the spin up so we still have lots to learn.  Off wind speeds were high 7's to mid 8's.  We had one puff get us to 9+ knots.  My son was on the tiller most of the time, he doesn't have a lot of experience.  Trying to get him as much tiller time as we can.

Would love to see other owners pictures of their instrument set up as well as some of the control lines.  The way our Cunningham was set up by the rep. didn't work. The line was too short to go through the whole purchase system.  We have swapped in a different line but I think the way it is setup may not be correct, the top block of the purchase is right under the foot of the sail.  Seems too high.  We tried a few changes but didn't find an obvious solution yet.  

I have a custom instrument bracket made for the 27 and 24 (same mast cross section). It's light and made from aircraft aluminum and easy to install and remove. It's designed to fit 2 Velocitek ( or similar size instruments). It's available for sale. I also have a brand new Velocitek shift for sale.

Zero,

I can send you the manual online, just drop me an email at kristian@thinkseascape.com

The rig values are way too small. Verticals can and must to to 30 in a breeze. Will post some values for rig trim.

Cunningham should be long enough, at least others are not complaining :)

If we are taking about sail trim, you need to change your train of thought ...with the boats that don't have backstay, it is very important to keep as much tension in the mainsail leech as possible. Use cunnningham and vang to bend the mast and flatten the sail but keep it sheeted tight if possible (for upwind). At the same time, do not oversheet jib. Keep enough volume in the shape so it will pull you over the waves and good twist to spill that power over the top. This way you will have good pointing and speed which will allow your foils to work, again giving you lift and pointing. We were pleasantly surprised to see how well the boat points upwind. Off course in 25kts and big waves you can't compete with 35 footer, but in flat water you will be amazed at the tacking angle a well trimmed 24 can do...

Jib #2 is about 3m2 smaller, flatter and made of stronger cloth. Most of the boats are sailing in lighter conditions and the sails suit them. For heavy users like Whisper, we are considering making the complete suite of heavier cloth.

Regards

Kristian

3 hours ago, ZeroTheHero said:

Good to see this thread getting some owners involved!

To answer Crash's question above we did get the spin up.  I only have the big spinnaker.  We pulled it out of the plastic bag about two hours before the race.  We saw 12.4 knots off the wind.  Possibly could have gone faster if we had moved aft.  We rarely have to get aft on the Viper and we were sort of stuck in that mode of thinking.  

Right now we have 20 on the uppers and 10 on the lowers with 15 on the fore stay.  We got these numbers from the Seascape USA rep.  Still feels light to me.  Any help here would be great.  Is the owners manual online?  We didn't get a print version with the boat.

I didn't know there was a smaller jib offered, only have 1.  I did know that there was a smaller spin but didn't order it with the boat.  Will probably add it, possibly this winter.

Went for another sail yesterday.  Had Streetwise with us working on some systems and instrument brackets.  Winds were 8-12 and pretty flat water.  Upwind we were playing the main more than we previously had been to keep the boat tracking better.  Upwind boat speed was high 5's to mid 6's.  Off the wind we experimented with keeping the jib up to see if we gained anything.  From our very informal test we did seem to get a little more speed with the jib up in those conditions.  Made jibing easier too.  Did a few blow through jibes, still working on timing.  This was only the third time we had the spin up so we still have lots to learn.  Off wind speeds were high 7's to mid 8's.  We had one puff get us to 9+ knots.  My son was on the tiller most of the time, he doesn't have a lot of experience.  Trying to get him as much tiller time as we can.

Would love to see other owners pictures of their instrument set up as well as some of the control lines.  The way our Cunningham was set up by the rep. didn't work. The line was too short to go through the whole purchase system.  We have swapped in a different line but I think the way it is setup may not be correct, the top block of the purchase is right under the foot of the sail.  Seems too high.  We tried a few changes but didn't find an obvious solution yet.  

Hi,

I'll make some pictures for you this week

Thanks for all the info. Just to be clear, we have tons of experience racing my Viper 640, so we are used to fractional rig asymmetrical spin boats with no backstay or traveller. We are really looking forward to doing a 72nm overnight race a week and a half from now. It will be a great opportunity to start dialing things in.

I have another question in the meantime: what is the typical crew count/weight for the 24?

Cheers!

Svain99 i may be interested.  DM me info please.

So mine should hopefully be here soon, I am sure I will have some work on it to get it up to speed. Purchased it pretty bare bones so I could rig it the way I want, although I didn't get the higher lifelines and realized I will have to change that out to qualify for some races. Plan is to race the St. Pete NOOD in Feb. would be fun to have other 24's show up to race against since we don't really have a solid PHRF number yet. Svein why are you selling your Shift? I like the Velocitek products quite a bit (although I really wish they would combine the prostart and the shift).

2 hours ago, Puffdaddy said:

So mine should hopefully be here soon, I am sure I will have some work on it to get it up to speed. Purchased it pretty bare bones so I could rig it the way I want, although I didn't get the higher lifelines and realized I will have to change that out to qualify for some races. Plan is to race the St. Pete NOOD in Feb. would be fun to have other 24's show up to race against since we don't really have a solid PHRF number yet. Svein why are you selling your Shift? I like the Velocitek products quite a bit (although I really wish they would combine the prostart and the shift).

New instrument, but I have 2 shifts so one is available. I run the shift and pro on a custom bracket which works great.

5 hours ago, ZeroTheHero said:

Svain99 i may be interested.  DM me info please.

Tried to message, but you are not set up. Try to pm me.

3 hours ago, svein99 said:

Tried to message, but you are not set up. Try to pm me.

it was full.  Emptied it 

Had the joys of racing with Zero for the long race last weekend. Fun boat, the rudders have a lot of grip going down wind, that kite pulls the boat along at a good clip. We were able to compress with the fleet at the bottom mark after a few hours of planing in the 10-12 knot range. Up wind we need to work on finding the gears of the boat. Felt like we could do 5.5-6 knots with a lot of heel and side slip about 6-8 degrees or we could flatten the boat out and lose about half a knot of speed and only have 3-4 degrees of slip.

Looking forward to sailing with Zero more and helping get this boat tuned in. It's a down wind weapon for sure! Plenty comfy for the 17 hours we spent on the race course.

Yeah, we still have loads to learn.  Upwind we seem to be missing something.  Speed isn't high or consistent.  The off the wind sleigh ride was very fun though.  Had Hobbes802 on the helm while I trimmed.  Just blasted along.  Definitely need the reacher and a J2 for more gears.  Double digit off the wind speeds are a lot of fun on this boat.