WCB

Craigslist Finds

1 hour ago, WCB said:

This is a bit of a find I suppose but more of a, What Is It?  Found this on Ebay for $500 starting.  I thought it looked a little like a US1 but then that idea faded.

What is it on Ebay?

Looks like a sidewinder. compare to an advertised sidewinder:

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/d/mfg-sidewinder-16/6589947093.html

1 hour ago, Alan Crawford said:

An interesting wooden dinghy in Northwest Montana. The add says the "keel" is missing; I think they mean daggerboard.

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/boa/d/1957-richardson-aqua-craft/6602675120.html

00a0a_9PslGBBPgur_600x450.jpg

If I just had a 7 acre pond, I would be on that one. Would need a batwing sail though.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, WCB said:

Very similar but the aft deck is very different...  We need the master...Gouv! 

Hey, I'm in Raleigh! 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, WCB said:

Very similar but the aft deck is very different...  We need the master...Gouv! 

that's a sidewinder  I just sold one a few weeks ago for $250 with trailer.  Man is that a heavy mast!

An MX Ray near Nashville, TN. This one may be a bit expensive (asking $2300) but when you read the description ("can run over 30 mph" and "fastest single handed sail boat ever") maybe that's a good price :unsure:! The boat does look to be in good shape.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/d/mx-ray-the-fastest-single/6616270188.html

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.38 PM.png

• Like 1

The boat Is not a Sidewinder. It is a Whip

same builder

incredibly Fast Hull with incredibly stupid rigging and sails. 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Satan Himself said:

same builder

Ah ha, I knew it! The hull shape does look similar but the length at 17' can't be the same (though some ads are often wrong) and that aft deck is all different.  Thanks Satan! Never thought I'd say that...

The Whip has that weird hollow flare in the topsides about 3-4' feet back from the bow. Odd that it doesn't show up in any of the ad images (viewing on my phone, anyway)

10 hours ago, Satan Himself said:

same builder

I just went back to the auction and either I missed that it was called a Whip or they updated the listing.  Anyways...it's there now.

19 hours ago, Alan Crawford said:

An MX Ray near Nashville, TN. This one may be a bit expensive (asking $2300) but when you read the description ("can run over 30 mph" and "fastest single handed sail boat ever") maybe that's a good price :unsure:! The boat does look to be in good shape.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/d/mx-ray-the-fastest-single/6616270188.html

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 5.54.38 PM.png

AND ANOTHER 1000 NEEDED TO MAKE IT SAILABLE

2 hours ago, ortegakid said:

AND ANOTHER 1000 NEEDED TO MAKE IT SAILABLE

BUT WITH A MODERN SQUARE TOP.... MIGHT HAVE TO GET ONE AGAIN...

On 6/22/2018 at 9:34 AM, WCB said:

A Buccaneer for $600 in Salt Lake City.  I know there are Buc fans here!

Salty Buccaneer

Of all ironies I was just down in Salt Lake City today to pick up a few things for Park City Sailing and I passed this Buccaneer headed off to a new home. Talk about small world!

I can't let this one go unmentioned either.  I'd like to horde it for myself but it's a bit far away in Florida.  A 2009 A-Class Cat that started at $99 and is at $520 now with three days left.  Somebody is going to get a deal even if it was hit by lightning and repaired.  

2009 A Class Cat on Ebay

2 hours ago, WCB said:

I can't let this one go unmentioned either.  I'd like to horde it for myself but it's a bit far away in Florida.  A 2009 A-Class Cat that started at $99 and is at $520 now with three days left.  Somebody is going to get a deal even if it was hit by lightning and repaired.  

2009 A Class Cat on Ebay

The stains on the hull are a tad interesting in the last few pics. The trailer alone is worth high dollar! *edit not included

29 minutes ago, Ross said:

The stains on the hull are a tad interesting in the last few pics. The trailer alone is worth high dollar! *edit not included

True...it may need some follow up repairs but it would still be fast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WCB said:

But apparently you have to have eaten at a local restaurant in order to buy the boats...kinda funny and odd at the same time.

No need to eat or even visit the restaurants in the add, just requested a mention of them in the response to filter out bots/spammers.

2 hours ago, KC375 said:

No need to eat or even visit the restaurants in the add, just requested a mention of them in the response to filter out bots/spammers.

Got it...thanks. Was just pointing out how silly it was.

I still got “do you still have this item?”

and

”very interested. Please send pictures.”

the boats are not mine. I am stuck with them

because a friend quit sailing under bad circumstances and I am trying to get him what I consider to be fair $$$

i also have a Laser night am selling  for an estate. I took it to KO Sailing to sell so I would not be involved  in deciding a price 

On 6/22/2018 at 10:38 AM, Dex Sawash said:

The Whip has that weird hollow flare in the topsides about 3-4' feet back from the bow. Odd that it doesn't show up in any of the ad images (viewing on my phone, anyway)

It has what?? 

6 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

It has what?? 

Talking about this hollow in topsides, looking at pics it doesnt show up from every angle.

I drew the arrow a bit low but wasn't arsed to do it over.

20180716_043406.jpg

It is some sort of illusion. The entire hull is convex at any given point. 

It really is too bad the folks at Playcraft Charger  preferred bulldozing the molds to letting me buy them