WCB

Craigslist Finds

The Martin 243 is back!  Anarchist Lifesave bid on this and tried to win it...so we're saying he's got another chance. Looks like the boat has to move quickly so maybe the winner wasn't able to move it fast enough, or their wife got pissed.  It's at $232 at the moment.

Martin 243 - second time is a charm

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Parts is parts. The difficult bits are things like the centerboard and the rudder, which of course one can make. It's only time and materials and having tools and shop space. The trick is to find people with the skills and the time, and convincing them to put it all to your use. In the case of my program, we had a bunch of granddads who wanted their kids to get into sailing, so they were motivated. We rebuilt a fleet of derelict Optis, built a shed to keep it all in, and most difficult of all convinced a sailing club board to let us go ahead with what needed to be done. Now that program is a great success, recently bought a fleet of good-condition 420s, but it's easier to raise money than to organize and encourage volunteer labor.

This other group I help out with: http://nbnjrotc-sail.blogspot.com/  lost 5 of their 6 FJs, and as you can see, the Javelins were pretty severely tumbled but no major damage. Still, it takes several hours per boat just to clean the flood muck off. This semester we have an alternate plan to get out sailing, by this fall we hope to be back in business with a couple more Javelins. They're actually great little boats for this kind of usage.

FB- Doug

Doug, 

I'm with BobBill, this is a 420, it's easy to find parts for. Literally every retailer has parts that would work. I get the bandwidth thing though. I'm the main boat repair person for Park City Sailing and I definitely don't get enough knowledgeable help. So much so that the rest of the Board just agreed to write me a check for my time as it was pretty lopsided. I'd take that 420 on though.  If it's floating after all of this time, it's solid.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 12:21 PM, WCB said:

The Martin 243 is back!  Anarchist Lifesave bid on this and tried to win it...so we're saying he's got another chance. Looks like the boat has to move quickly so maybe the winner wasn't able to move it fast enough, or their wife got pissed.  It's at $232 at the moment.

Martin 243 - second time is a charm

"Item no longer available"

Going to Texas?

28 minutes ago, Dex Sawash said:

"Item no longer available"

Going to Texas?

That was fast...even went for more money than last time I think.  I doubt Lifesave got it since it seemed he wanted it cheaper to make it worthwhile.

Dax, That time of year...my poor rig is still under 6 inches of snow...but, after yard etc. we will be chompin' for warmer water and weather. Ooooooo!  

Would love to have that. But but not sure where i would park it. Dry storage here has 30' limit. Its almost as long as my house. 

5 minutes ago, Locus said:

Would love to have that. But but not sure where i would park it. Dry storage here has 30' limit. Its almost as long as my house. 

Same here. that and the boat would likely break in half, but oh how much fun till it did!

Never seen a picture of one of those ashore. The rollback wrecker mostly hidden behind it is quite a shock.

its probably longer than the truck

21 minutes ago, hhn92 said:
9 hours ago, Alan Crawford said:

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 11.18.04 AM.png

Change to kick-up rudders and have a killer Everglades Challenge boat.

There were some folks who tried the Everglades Challenge in an E-scow. Never finished, IIRC.

It's not a good rough-water boat, nor good in light air, and I bet it's a royal bitch to row. Fast as holy greased fuck on a reach though!

FB- Doug

• Like 1

Sailed right a scow does just fine in inland lake chop (rough water) and they can hold their own in light air. Key is getting as much of that hull out of the water. 

Might not be easy when loaded down with food and water but we would heel it over and sit right by the mast and the waterline got pretty thin. (It was an E not an A) though. Extra 10' of boat. 

One, the mast is tall. Two, needs a crew to sail as it should. Three, storage...must be store all up, dry. There are four or six in gated area in Fontana, and likely more places. Big rigs, all up. But, on the fly, zephyrs...deceptively fast. C-boats are more conventional to the eye.

Used to be a few MC boats around, short sloops and easily sailed fast by one or two, but seem to be waning. 

As hull heels, waterline gets longer...speed. Inland, and why was surprised to see A boat east...bet he or she has a time gathering a crew...to go out.

9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

There were some folks who tried the Everglades Challenge in an E-scow. Never finished, IIRC.

It's not a good rough-water boat, nor good in light air, and I bet it's a royal bitch to row. Fast as holy greased fuck on a reach though!

FB- Doug

If I remember correctly, it was a tired scow that had a lot of mysterious leaks and hardware failures.

The chop and wave action in the gulf helped find all the weaknesses in a most efficient manner.    I am not certain that they ever made it past the first checkpoint.

- Stumbling

3 hours ago, stumblingthunder said:

If I remember correctly, it was a tired scow that had a lot of mysterious leaks and hardware failures.

The chop and wave action in the gulf helped find all the weaknesses in a most efficient manner.    I am not certain that they ever made it past the first checkpoint.

- Stumbling

I made it in jest, would be a bitch to drag up and down the beach for the start.

• Like 1

One, the mast is tall. Two, needs a crew to sail as it should. Three, storage...must be store all up, dry. There are four or six in gated area in Fontana, and likely more places. Big rigs, all up. But, on the fly, zephyrs...deceptively fast. C-boats are more conventional to the eye.

Used to be a few MC boats around, short sloops and easily sailed fast by one or two, but seem to be waning. 

36 minutes ago, ~HHN92~ said:

I made it in jest, would be a bitch to drag up and down the beach for the start.

As hull heels, waterline gets longer...speed. Inland, and why was surprised to see A boat east...bet he or she has a time gathering a crew...to go out.

Made comment or hull in jest? 

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

FB- Doug

Yeah but the boat they had was kind of a junker. They also had a rather jack-leg looking water ballast system that I couldn't suss out how it was supposed to work. Something broke and they dropped out before the first checkpoint. 

2 minutes ago, MisterMoon said:
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah but the boat they had was kind of a junker. They also had a rather jack-leg looking water ballast system that I couldn't suss out how it was supposed to work. Something broke and they dropped out before the first checkpoint. 

I've never seen an A capsize but read that it happens. I have seen Es capsize a few times, definitely not something I would want to deal with at night in open water. Full props & respect for trying, though!

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I've never seen an A capsize but read that it happens. I have seen Es capsize a few times, definitely not something I would want to deal with at night in open water. Full props & respect for trying, though!

-DSK

I know that to make recovery of a capsized E easier, foam floatation panels can be zipped into the head of the main.

1 minute ago, Alan Crawford said:
5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I know that to make recovery of a capsized E easier, foam floatation panels can be zipped into the head of the main.

Yes, saw those years ago on Flying Scots, and again on a few of the E-scows; had one myself on our Johnson 18.

Years ago, for the NC State Sailing Club, we had mainsails for the daysailers' Coronado 15s with a triangular foam pad built in above the top batten. There was a small mesh panel at the bottom corners. They sailed fine, and we tried many times to turtle the boats and couldn't. I have intended to get mainsails built like this for other boats, but haven't really had occasion yet. Other than cost..... and it's much cheaper than replacing a bent or broken mast; or some of the other types of mayhem that can occur...... I can't see why one-design classes don't mandate this.

A boat that will float securely on it's side is a godsend compared to a boat that tries to turtle. Damn pig-headed things, sometimes I wonder why I like them

FB- Doug

1 hour ago, ~HHN92~ said:

http://watertribe.org/forums/topic/c-scow-ec-2014-legend-lore-any-information#post-18008

http://watertribe.org/forums/topic/class-4-exciting-race-for-second#post-17257

http://watertribe.org/forums/topic/scow-report#post-11073

They tried two years in a row, had different issues each year.   Boat was not up to the challenge.

- Stumbling

9 hours ago, Alan Crawford said:

I feel bad. I sold that boat into that home. It's a good boat. I hope somebody grabs it. I posted it to the 110 class facebook page the other day.

6 hours ago, WCB said:

I feel bad. I sold that boat into that home. It's a good boat. I hope somebody grabs it. I posted it to the 110 class facebook page the other day.

Looks decent. Outstanding boat. Reminder of my first boat...replaced center 8ft, including the oak frames plus some improvements the class pooh-poohed and later accepted...do not do social crappola like Face....!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobBill said:

Looks decent. Outstanding boat. Reminder of my first boat...replaced center 8ft, including the oak frames plus some improvements the class pooh-poohed and later accepted...do not do social crappola like Face....!

I don't really do the FB for personal reasons, I use it for both Park City Sailing and for Augment Skis.  I hear ya though.  I don't have a personal page on Instagram, just biz. 

20 minutes ago, WCB said:

I don't really do the FB for personal reasons, I use it for both Park City Sailing and for Augment Skis.  I hear ya though.  I don't have a personal page on Instagram, just biz. 

Dig! Noting pers...I love (my) anonymity, and sailing, with beer.

Nice Lightning in North Carolina. This one looks clean and well cared for.

$3600 or make an offer

I will skip the Craigslist step.

Don’t bother flaming me.

International Canoes 

2 2002 Fiberglass Nethercott’s with carbon masts and recent sails. Ready to sail.

I Bill Beaver Sock Puppet double chine built by John Williamson. Hull sound, other parts missing or in need of rework.

Witzlshult, USA 249,  2010 Steve Clark wood design. Top ten San Francisco Worlds, high modulous Mast, North Sails, dolly,

fast.

PM me for details, I have to get these things out of the shed and back onto the water.  Enthusiasm and commitment earns proportional discount.

SHC

• Like 2

On 3/27/2019 at 5:41 PM, Steam Flyer said:

A boat that will float securely on it's side is a godsend compared to a boat that tries to turtle. Damn pig-headed things, sometimes I wonder why I like them

Clearly a man who has never been in the middle of the Solent watching his boat on its side being blown downwind about three times as fast as he can swim...

• Like 1

Float securely on its side and is easy to get back into....

1 hour ago, JimC said:
On 3/27/2019 at 1:41 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Clearly a man who has never been in the middle of the Solent watching his boat on its side being blown downwind about three times as fast as he can swim...

That's a big problem too..... no single-shot answer is going to solve everything.

For the record, I have a boat blow away from me, fortunately it was not really open water (couple miles across). Before that I was always careful to not let that happen, now I'm double-extra careful (and also put a higher priority on avoiding capsizes, for this and other reasons)

FB- Doug

What if it constantly rounds up in the wind and scoots out from ye? I had a boat would right with finger pressure and round up from under me everytime a tried to hoist me fat arse up, over the side.

33 minutes ago, BobBill said:

What if it constantly rounds up in the wind and scoots out from ye? I had a boat would right with finger pressure and round up from under me everytime a tried to hoist me fat arse up, over the side.

This can be a problem, I've had it with a couple of boats...... best answer I know of is to sail a doube-hand dinghy so you can "scoop" the crew in, and then they give you and hand up.

;)

The last little singlehander boat I had that I could not climb into from the water, I made a foot loop rope and practiced dangling it from the gun'l at various points (somewhere near amidship) to hold the bow away from the wind, then put an eye strap and shock cord to put it reliably there every time.

Some instructors teach that you should climb in over the transom, but this is a problem in strong wind because your body is a sea anchor, the boat aims itself downwind and tries to sail away from you. Between these two extremes is where you want your loop.

Better but still a PITA, so I sold the boat.

FB- Doug

Hobie 16 in North Carolina.  It looks like there is no reserve but if you wanted it right away you'd pay $1,500

Hobie 16 starting at a buck

Buccaneer in Wisconsin.  It must be Spring since all of the boats are being pulled out of storage to be sold.

Buccaneer in Wisconsin starting at $550

3 hours ago, dgmckim said:

not really sure what's going on here but it's definitely raising some interesting questions:

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/d/sherrills-ford-sail-boat/6849208825.html

There was someone who put ads in Florida and Georgia craigslist entries asking about what is this boat last week.   One of these pops up every so often.

- Stumbling

On 4/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, Alan Crawford said:

A nice looking 2007 Lemeiux Finn near Mobile, AL. $8000 WITH a Wilke mast.

https://mobile.craigslist.org/boa/d/daphne-2007-finn-sailboat/6825228952.html

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 2.22.57 PM.png

The Finn is out of the 2024 Olympics...price drop coming up!  

Of course, now France is saying they may not want to host it so I think the boat choices should be put back up for consideration if they bail.

A 14 in New Prague...boy am I clueless, and with wheels...not abused am sure...not a " 'Tonka boat."

For $1K I'd be interested...no trap gear...check how floor drains work...and you like bite...with sails...rig is a racer.

3 hours ago, WCB said:

Looks like a great boat.  Don't waffle too much!  

That's a whole lotta fun for the money. Not the Grand Prix rig but it's enough for anyone new to this type of sailing.

Trailer and dolly combo alone is $600 on the used market.

39 minutes ago, Irrational 14 said:

That's a whole lotta fun for the money. Not the Grand Prix rig but it's enough for anyone new to this type of sailing.

What takes it up to the grand prix rig? Trap?
That was sorta why I had an interest. Missing trap boats, not many options here in Scowbilly land. Would this tube not handle an upgrade?

Circa 1990's, Gran Prix had taller rig w/masthead kite, taller main and jib, and double traps -  measured in as a real I14.

This one most likely only has crew trap, fractional kite and a bit shorter rig with smaller sail area across the board. Was a trainer for the Gran Prix at the time.

This is actually perfect for a beginning trapeze sailor and easy to add two traps. These boats were built well and can take a beating.

Will still get up and boogie in some breeze. Better control for a newbie as well.

8 hours ago, Roller Skates said:

Could be a blast on a lake. Looks like the inbetween rig size, as I think the GP rig was 2 spreader, and would be 22.5' off the deck. This may be the smaller mast? Which could be a very good thing.

Hmm, but it says GP in the title. Were they really 1 spreader rigs?

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Could be a blast on a lake. Looks like the inbetween rig size, as I think the GP rig was 2 spreader, and would be 22.5' off the deck. This may be the smaller mast? Which could be a very good thing.

The tag on the spinnaker bag says Grand Prix too...

1 hour ago, bacq2bacq said:

I saw a number of those ads in various Florida CLs.   Price was "too good to be true"

- Stumbling

@stumblingthunder"I saw a number of those ads in various Florida CLs. "

I hope you clicked to prohibit.  Seriously.  There are lots of sheep, a few wolves, but way too few sheep-dogs.  Please bite back.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

John Stuart Mill, 1867, and no, not Kennedy nor Edmund Burke...

Mill is unsung genius...

Advert idea puzzles me...boats are usually inspected etc, and if good, cash face to face...so what is this other stuff?

2 minutes ago, BobBill said:

Mill is unsung genius...

Advert idea puzzles me...boats are usually inspected etc, and if good, cash face to face...so what is this other stuff?

Lots of scam angles, a guy at work fell for this one TWICE...

"Big hurry, leaving country send me a deposit and I will arrange shipping to you, balance due on delivery"

This is probably why Craigslist is about to start charging $5 for a car ad, to deter all of the scammers from posting hundreds of too good to be true ads that people click on.

I hate to harp and sound like f'book click-bait but (I will anyway, and) seriously, if some folks would just take the time to first click on the fake-ad links above, then click "prohibited" (at the top) the ads will go away.  It takes a community to...  thrash assholes...

@BobBill Yeah, Mill was a bright guy.  My father-in-law JM Robson could have done worse than spending his whole working life assembling and annotating Mill's Collected Works... which are now online, at that link, for free, so y'all have no excuse anymore...  Mill understood the value of freedom,  and that governments don't give it, rather take it away, but also understood that your freedom to swing your fists around as you choose stops before you hit my nose.  Now, if some more folks took some more time to not just click on fake ads, but to click on Mill's works and actually read and understand, well...

10 hours ago, bacq2bacq said:

@stumblingthunder"I saw a number of those ads in various Florida CLs. "

I hope you clicked to prohibit.  Seriously.  There are lots of sheep, a few wolves, but way too few sheep-dogs.  Please bite back.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

John Stuart Mill, 1867, and no, not Kennedy nor Edmund Burke...

At the time of perusal, I was not aware of the other ads across the CLverse.    I am trolling the ads for other boats that I am interested in every day and it just stuck in my head of a $20k F31 is absurdly low price.    It was neither what I am looking for, nor was it jumping out at me that I should raise up to prohibit, at the time.    

I know better now.  Thank you.

- Stumbling

On 4/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, Raz'r said:

Yea, the GP rig was 1 spreader and that looks just like it in the pictures. This boat also has the GP bowsprit. The bowsprit for the standard rig was only 4' and came back a little past the bow tank. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:03 PM, Dex Sawash said:

"Big hurry, leaving country send me a deposit and I will arrange shipping to you, balance due on delivery" Sc

Dex just saw...people ship boats?  Free?  Seems to me, at least, whole sentence you indicated screams "scam." Maybe we are our own worst...?

7 minutes ago, BobBill said:

Dex just saw...people ship boats?  Free?  Seems to me, at least, whole sentence you indicated screams "scam." Maybe we are our own worst...?

People ship dreams and promises. There wasn't ever a boat at all. Just a deposit scam.

Dex, Thanks, I kinda figured, but who would "bet on the come" for any boat?

I mean the message screams "stay off the ice..." No see etc, no deal...IM world but I see, some newbies to a boat may hover, unaware...

Of course, I am a bit anal...since a kid...you get held up...twice, ya learn...

On 4/12/2019 at 11:03 AM, Dex Sawash said:

"Big hurry, leaving country send me a deposit and I will arrange shipping to you, balance due on delivery"

Had a friend fall for the cheap range rover thousands of miles away.  Paid cash for the car and to the "shipper" and never saw his money again.  I mean seriously....  

2 hours ago, WCB said:

Had a friend fall for the cheap range rover thousands of miles away.  Paid cash for the car and to the "shipper" and never saw his money again.  I mean seriously....  

Seriously hope he learned...but world is what it is...ain't it?

A couple years ago I placed an add on Craigslist to sell a Weta trimaran. Within minutes of posting, I received an inquiry from someone in Ohio (or so they said) "very" interested in the boat. It seemed a bit odd (i.e. scam) but, wanting to sell the boat, I played along for a few email exchanges. I asked the person how long they had been sailing and they assured me they were a really good sailer. I asked what type of boat they were presently sailing and they replied with a boat type that a Google search immediately showed to be a 25 foot pontoon boat! End of "negotiation"! 

Alan, thanks. Hope this is not hijacking a sort of fun thread.

Okay, FWIW...a short heads-up...

If selling anything...

"anything in the query is odd, forget it," the inquiries are phishes...all they are searching for is for your personal info...or info to get another's money...believe it!

Most are easy to spot with that odd thing, cuz these people are dim...and want to screw you or another...if legit, you will know.

These POS are playing on (your) fears, no less than religions and politicians...

Avoid the grief trash the email...cannot lose that way. 

On 4/13/2019 at 9:17 PM, hotdogst said:

Yea, the GP rig was 1 spreader and that looks just like it in the pictures. This boat also has the GP bowsprit. The bowsprit for the standard rig was only 4' and came back a little past the bow tank. 

$1000 for a One Design 14 seems to be the going rate.  At that price, it is hard to be the smiles per dollar ratio.  We have a Grand Prix 14.  This one has a trailer, dolly, and covers, so I'd say it's a steal!   You'll want to talk to the seller to determine exactly what rig it has and make sure it is really ready to sail and doesn't have one rig and sails for a different one.  From the photos, it doesn't look like the GP mast, as the upper spreaders are not apparent.  The GP rig is a handful to learn if you are new to skiffs.  The kite is enormous.  Once it is set and you are on the traps, it is rock solid and you can relax and have a great sail with your crew, flying along.   Sailing under just the main and jib is an easy way to get started if you have the GP rig.   We find we can both be on the traps in about 8 knots of air, and you want at least that to sail (it is not a comfortable boat to sit in, you want to be on the traps).  Learning to gybe and dowse takes practice.  You and your crew should be strong swimmers before attempting to fly the kite.   The boat is big and heavy for a 14 footer, you want at least 310 pounds combined weight to right a Grand Prix rig after a capsize.  But it is tough, and there is nothing exotic about the hull construction or rigging, so it is not particularly expensive to keep sailing.  If you want to get into skiff sailing, I'd strongly recommend going for it!

While not a dinghy this seems like a good place to post. Note that first 3 pictures in the add are not of the boat for sale. With the proper home this looks like an interesting opportunity.

Wooden 210 in the Boston area for $1990 OBO

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/boa/d/cohasset-international-210-sailboat-258/6865643674.html

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 8.38.07 AM.png

Thanks. If you only knew how I love them...being 110 was first rig...never got to sail a 210 but I know they were low aspect rockets...I will  come back, after I download the 210 porn...wish I lived on large lake...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Crawford said:

While not a dinghy this seems like a good place to post. Note that first 3 pictures in the add are not of the boat for sale. With the proper home this looks like an interesting opportunity.

Wooden 210 in the Boston area for $1990 OBO

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/boa/d/cohasset-international-210-sailboat-258/6865643674.html

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 8.38.07 AM.png

That's Fanfare, a famous 210 if there is such a thing. It has a solid race record behind it.

How about a time capsule 110 in Mass.  This looks completely original.  Hagerty 110 in Mass

110.jpg

I think there are a lot of time capsules lurking in that part of the country. I remember going to see an old wooden Dragon located near the NY - VT border. That 110 looks really nice.

• Like 1

Four years ago I delivered a Trinka yacht dinghy to the historic John Adams estate on the Scituate, MA penensula. The caretaker showed me his shop with a vintage 110 being refurbed. Wonder if he ever finished it?

Dave Ellis

37 minutes ago, sailwriter said:

Four years ago I delivered a Trinka yacht dinghy to the historic John Adams estate on the Scituate, MA penensula. The caretaker showed me his shop with a vintage 110 being refurbed. Wonder if he ever finished it?

Dave Ellis

Hey Dave, there's a 110 on the John Adams estate?  How cool is that...

Thanks again for the I14 move and for looking at that other one.

WCB, Thanks. She's old and pretty...hurts to see...low hanger reminds me...new ones have retractable keels (300 as I recall). Simple rig is amazingly easy to sail...

10 hours ago, BobBill said:

WCB, Thanks. She's old and pretty...hurts to see...low hanger reminds me...new ones have retractable keels (300 as I recall). Simple rig is amazingly easy to sail...

New 210s have retractable keels?  If that's what you're saying, no, they don't. Always the same design but the hull is shallow as is the keel and they tow no higher than most SUVs depending upon the trailer. The rig is simple for sure.  I had 210s #241 and my baby was #437.  That's what makes my new classic I14 so special, it too is #437.

7 hours ago, WCB said:

New 210s have retractable keels?  If that's what you're saying, no, they don't. Always the same design but the hull is shallow as is the keel and they tow no higher than most SUVs depending upon the trailer. The rig is simple for sure.  I had 210s #241 and my baby was #437.  That's what makes my new classic I14 so special, it too is #437

WCB, Was only referring to the 110.

I really know nada re 210s, cept Hunt rigs and likely very similar and Hunt rigs were lightning fast, as I surmised the rest via my 110 times.

Not surprised the keels are perm on 210s, either works for me but know the 110 was easier to launch and haul with lower boat...and I think they lost the classic bridge deck, when changed. The deck was very handy for me.

When I first wetted my woody, after replacing the center 8' and the oak keel frames in tiny garage, (stern hung out the rear window,), Boat had snubber on bridge deck, which I replaced with a Clamcleat and Harken Hexes on port and starboard decks and later added trap wires (which was then pooh-poohed by the "Class" in Saginaw as "not in One-Design spirit etc, then later adopted....should have kept the bronze snubber. But I foolishly let it stay with boat.) I have a few stories about that rig. Pics on this sire somewhere...

"First boat blues" hovers always.

Alas, always wanted to sail a 210, but never really got close. Hunt boats were so keen. Only rig as simple, that I knew then was that of Luders 16s...

Your duped numbers are fun...cannot recall the numbers on Rosi...maybe in the 500s?

2 hours ago, BobBill said:

WCB, Was only referring to the 110.

I really know nada re 210s, cept Hunt rigs and likely very similar and Hunt rigs were lightning fast, as I surmised the rest via my 110 times.

Not surprised the keels are perm on 210s, either works for me but know the 110 was easier to launch and haul with lower boat...and I think they lost the classic bridge deck, when changed. The deck was very handy for me.

When I first wetted my woody, after replacing the center 8' and the oak keel frames in tiny garage, (stern hung out the rear window,), Boat had snubber on bridge deck, which I replaced with a Clamcleat and Harken Hexes on port and starboard decks and later added trap wires (which was then pooh-poohed by the "Class" in Saginaw as "not in One-Design spirit etc, then later adopted....should have kept the bronze snubber. But I foolishly let it stay with boat.) I have a few stories about that rig. Pics on this sire somewhere...

"First boat blues" hovers always.

Alas, always wanted to sail a 210, but never really got close. Hunt boats were so keen. Only rig as simple, that I knew then was that of Luders 16s...

Your duped numbers are fun...cannot recall the numbers on Rosi...maybe in the 500s?

110s don't have a retractable keel either.  Similar to the 210, same shaped keel the whole time and they finally finished a brand new 110 in Michigan which looks no different other than being shinier.  They're small though.  I'm a bit of a Hunt fanatic like many and my 110 #736 is next to the house.

Stolen from another thread, here's an RS600 available in NH.

RS600 in NH for $3k

• Like 1

WCB, I have pics (110) showing retracted keel...guess the class, allows traps, the keels and Hexes...if I can find, and you would like, will send PM.

1 hour ago, BobBill said:

WCB, I have pics (110) showing retracted keel...guess the class, allows traps, the keels and Hexes...if I can find, and you would like, will send PM.

I believe someone "rehabbed and updated" a 110 a few years ago and it included a retractable keel, carbon mast and an extendable sprit.  I wnat to say Forte composites was involved bu I can't find anything on their website

• Like 1

WCB, Pics are hiding.

No argument from me...if the keel remains fix, I dig that...

Hope the bridge decks are still around...I probably "assumed" the rig was class approved...long past...I sailed it alone lots...never really figured out how to step mast alone though...was as long at boat, as I recall. Had cotton main, silk spinnaker and 125 dacron genoa, (Harken sheeted) and easily handled.

Ever sail a 310? Did not know of them till last month...must be something.