Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHK

2016 New England J/Fest - 13/14 August

Save the date!

The first New England J/Fest regatta for all J/Boats will be hosted by Bristol Yacht Club on Narragansett Bay, Saturday & Sunday 13, 14 August 2016.

The organizing committee has met and is working on the details. It is expected that the NOR will be posted and registration open by the end of January. All J/Boats are invited. The racing format is expected to have three race circles and a combination of courses including windward - leeward, and around government marks for some distance races. There will be both one design and J/PHRF classes. It is expected that there will be J/22s available to charter for a one design fleet. It is also expected that J/Boat classes having at least 5 boats will be scored separately as a OD class.

We expect to have good racing, good food and good social stuff. Stay tuned for more details as the organizing committee works out the details.

Post here with your boat type if you are interested in participating in this event.

post-27249-0-28816000-1449630178_thumb.png

Graciousj100 - I sent you a pm.

I forgot to mention in my original post that the following boats have indicated they will be there... they are helping to organize the regatta!

• J/22 Fleet from Bristol YC
  • J/30 Nemesis
  • J/92s Spirit
  • J/105 Falcon 2.0
  • J/109 Vento Solare
  • J/109 URSA

Looks like it should be a good time.

J/36 Eclipse

Registration is now open - here is the registration link on Yachtscoring

Read about it in the NOR. The full website with information on logistics, social activities and additional sponsors will be up soon, but you can register on Yachtscoring now.

Register today, and pay no money until 15 July! J/22 registration is $100 and all other J/Boats are $125

Thanks to our major supporting sponsors North Sails and East Coast Yacht Sales, we plan on having a fun event with great sailing and social activities.

post-27249-0-28816000-1449630178_thumb.p

Click the logo to Register Now!

Sweet. I see 2 J/24 are already registered. It shouldn't take much arm twisting to get the owner of the J/24 I crew on to come down and play. We are members of the Barrington YC.

Sweet. I see 2 J/24 are already registered. It shouldn't take much arm twisting to get the owner of the J/24 I crew on to come down and play. We are members of the Barrington YC.

Good, bring the other Barrington J24 with you.

And which one would that be?

And which one would that be?

Either Swag or Bombaloo, whichever one you don't sail on.

There are 32 boats registered as of 6 April. Come join us at Bristol YC 13-14 August 2016.

The organizing committee met last night. We are close to putting up the ticket link for the Saturday after race social event that will have a bar with our liquor sponsors, dinner and a band. There will also be skipper bags with lots of goodies from our sponsors and we will have some good raffle prizes.

If you know a J/Boat owner who has not signed up yet, twist their arms to register.

Registration is open - here is the registration link on Yachtscoring

Read about it in the NOR. The full website with information on logistics, social activities and additional sponsors is up, and you can register on Yachtscoring now.

Register today, and pay no money until 15 July! J/22 registration is $100 and all other J/Boats are $125

Thanks to our major supporting sponsors North Sails and East Coast Yacht Sales, we plan on having a fun event with great sailing and social activities.

post-27249-0-28816000-1449630178_thumb.p

Click the logo to Register Now!

Bump...

I'm out as a boat, but in as crew!

This is going to be great, sign up, come!

This message below just got emailed - J/Boat owners care to weigh in on desired race format for your classes? We have 33 boats signed up as of 19 April.... the regatta isn't until mid August.

Additional info on the BBQ, lunches and moorings have been added to the JFestNewengland.com website - click on Logistics in the menu

From the 2016 J/Fest New England event:

JBoat Competitors,

How often have you been contacted by regatta organizers to determine what format of racing you desire? Well you have this opportunity for the 2016 New England J/Fest. The organizing committee is coordinating with the PROs to assemble an SI that has the race formats declared in advance to provide maximum flexibility for weather conditions. The following formats are being considered, and may be offered based on the will of the classes:

1. Windard-Leeward drop marks using Gates for leeward marks and Offsets at the windward mark.

2. Olympic style triangle with upwind and reaching legs.

3. Around government marks - short courses set for approximately 50 to 90 minutes duration

4. Around government marks - long courses set for approximately 1/2 the race time available.

5. Other - something we have not listed here.

Please consider this and reply to jfest@j109.org with your desires. There could be multiple formats (e.g. multiple short courses, and long courses). Make that known if it is something you desire.

Your reply to
jfest@j
109.org
will be sent to the regatta organizers responsible for setting up the SI. Please respond no later than
1 May
with your desired race format(s).

Thanks from your Regatta Organizers

Bill Kneller - J/109 Vento Solare

Charlie Stoddard - J/105 Falcon 2.0

EC Helme - J/92s Spirit

Mark Rotsky - J/30 Nemesis

Attended this event this past weekend. Tough conditions for the RC with the temperatures and lack of wind on Saturday. Mostly well done, my only complaint was not giving enough time between races. We barely had enough time to get our sails sorted and hydrate between races. About three minutes after the last boat in our fleet finished and bam we were in sequence. 4 races with no lunch break and not enough time to finish a water bottle was a bit aggressive on Sunday. We had a crew member that nearly passed out due to temps and no time to cool down.we didn't have time for a sandwich til 3pm when racing was done. I don't know what the temp was on the water but 106 heat index in the city. Alt the end of the day we had fun racing but please give sailors that have been working their butts off 10 minutes between at least 1 race!

I would second the feedback on time between races. it was damn hot out there and a few more minutes to collect ourselves would have been nice. I'm all for getting in as many races as possible but not at the expense of the crews.