Sign in to follow this  
Doug Lord

Doing it sitting down!!

Look at the speed, and how he's shifting C of G fore and back by moving the left arm. then that presumably changes angle of attack of the foil. wow!!

What would you need to do to make it a bit less awkward?

footpedal to a glider configuration hydrofoil/tail flap?

_______

|

----

A more recent video shows how the foil folds up allowing the guy to sail in through the surf and beach the rig unassisted! Lots of thought have gone into his gear.

Footpedals wouldn't work there.  Looks like it feels a bit precarious in both vids-

On 5/13/2017 at 2:29 AM, Amati said:

Footpedals wouldn't work there.  Looks like it feels a bit precarious in both vids-

Man have you ever tried foilboarding even as a normally equipped human being???  Precarious doesn't even begin to describe it.  Seriously, foilboards are like 10x twitchier than even the most powered up skiff or sportboat.  Int'l Moth must come close to it, but not much else does.

Of course once you get good at it, it is nothing but pure amazing smoothness and speed.  Like, even better than deep powder skiing.

This is amazing.  Steep learning curve for sure, but amazing.   One concern I would have is whiplash.  When I learned to foil my neck hurt for weeks from the ridiculous crashes at full speed (about 18-19 knots on my learning board).   Can't imagine whiplash injuries to the neck would be any better if you were permanently attached to the board, facing forwards strapped to a chair!