Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

velocitek

New features on the Velocitek Shift

The Shift now comes with an anti-reflective / anti-glare lens and an adjustable smart damping algorithm. The new AR/AG lens makes the Shift easier to read at an angle while still playing well with polarized sunnies. Check out this old vs. new side-by-side comparison:

post-10880-0-71091500-1450157020_thumb.jpg

The new smart damping will dampen out oscillatory motion and has three user set levels. Here's how to adjust the damping on your Shift:

• Hold down the Reset button for 3 seconds
  • Use the +1 button to scroll through the damping levels: d0, d1, d2
  • Press the Reset button again to select the level you want.

d0 is the default level and is good for flat water. d1 and d2 are better in chop.

The damping algorithm is automatically suspended when you tack or jibe so, even at d1 or d2, the Shift will instantly lock on to your new heading when you complete the maneuver. This video shows how it works:

Thanks for the update - a couple of questions:

- how do I update my older model with the damping feature?

- the lens video is not accessible (listed as private) - how can we see it?

Thanks for the update - a couple of questions:

- how do I update my older model with the damping feature?

- the lens video is not accessible (listed as private) - how can we see it?

Unfortunately it is not possible to update older Shifts with the new damping algorithm.

Sorry about the lens video, you should be able to see it now.

How can i make sure to buy the New one? Retailer in germany says all the shifts are the Same....

The Shift now comes with an anti-reflective / anti-glare lens and an adjustable smart damping algorithm. The new AR/AG lens makes the Shift easier to read at an angle while still playing well with polarized sunnies. Check out this old vs. new side-by-side comparison:

attachicon.gifshift_arag_comp_small2.jpg

The new smart damping will dampen out oscillatory motion and has three user set levels. Here's how to adjust the damping on your Shift:

d0 is the default level and is good for flat water. d1 and d2 are better in chop.

The damping algorithm is automatically suspended when you tack or jibe so, even at d1 or d2, the Shift will instantly lock on to your new heading when you complete the maneuver. This video shows how it works:

[/size][/background]

I have a prostart that doesn't always turn on and randomly shuts off. Can I send back to be fixed?

How can i make sure to buy the New one? Retailer in germany says all the shifts are the Same....

@ateam - The new style Shifts start at serial number VS001001. The serial number is located on the back of the compass in the gray trough between the blue Shift logo and the debossed Velocitek logo. You can also determine whether a Shift is the new style by pressing and holding the RESET button for 5 seconds to see if the device enters the damping setup mode.

[/size][/background]

I have a prostart that doesn't always turn on and randomly shuts off. Can I send back to be fixed?

@crashtestdummy - I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you've encountered with your ProStart. Please fill out this form and we'll get the warranty process started: http://tinyurl.com/8xrynh4

I own two Shifts right now for my boats. Can I trade them in for the new style?

I own two Shifts right now for my boats. Can I trade them in for the new style?

Hi Will,

We'd be happy to offer you a great price on a new Shift or Shifts in exchange for your old ones. Please send an email to charles@velocitek.com and we'll get the exchange process started.

Best,

Charles

Charles Swanson
Sales & Support Manager
Velocitek
Web: www.velocitek.com
Toll free USA & Canada: 1-866-498-6737 ex. 103
Worldwide: +1-650-529-4519 ex. 103
Fax: +1-(650)-618-2679