Spudly

Syd-Hobart Yachts, Where are they Now?

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Last Post said:

Caveat fucking Emptor with this one. 

Other Farr 42s were Fiona, Rimfire, Dynamite 11, Nitro, Scorpion, possibly more and all did quite well back in the day but IIRC all were built with fixed keels. 

Maybe the Lift keel was a retro-fit job???

Seems it was originally built to operate out  of Perth hence lift keel and droppable mast.

IMHO unless there's something drastically wrong with it it would be a fine boat for bay/harbour sailing and a bit of cruising at that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 9:26 AM, DickDastardly said:

Seems it was originally built to operate out  of Perth hence lift keel and droppable mast.

IMHO unless there's something drastically wrong with it it would be a fine boat for bay/harbour sailing and a bit of cruising at that price.

Boat isn't familiar though if it was formally Charisma then yeah, it lived here for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Swanno said:

Boat isn't familiar though if it was formally Charisma then yeah, it lived here for a while

Pretty sure it was launched as "Farrawa".  I trieed to find a photo of the cockpit, but they've been taken down.  The standard cockpit for the 2 tonners had moulded in lifering "pockets", but we changed the cockpit on one boat - pretty sure that was Farrawa.  Twin companionways also rings a bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Pretty sure it was launched as "Farrawa".  I trieed to find a photo of the cockpit, but they've been taken down.  The standard cockpit for the 2 tonners had moulded in lifering "pockets", but we changed the cockpit on one boat - pretty sure that was Farrawa.  Twin companionways also rings a bell.

The ad did mention that it was launched as Farrawa and that it competed in a couple of sydney - hobarts in the late 70s under that name

Guessing it's Farr design 67 or 68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now