Spudly

Syd-Hobart Yachts, Where are they Now?

11 hours ago, Swanno said:

Yep, Farr 47 or 50 I think.

renamed Knee Deep once it came across the ditch.

That's the blue Farr49 with the funky wheel that won the 99 Hobart

12 hours ago, Swanno said:

Yep, Farr 47 or 50 I think.

renamed Knee Deep once it came across the ditch.

That's the Farr 49, that's the one with the funky wheel.  I believe it went to Perth from Sydney and was rechristened Knee Deep there.  Maybe the HKG stranding in a later one - I recall there was a wooden-keeled IMS/ORCi clunker rechristened Yendys at some point too.    Hard to tell from the pic.

http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/the-yachts/2005/yendys/

7 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

That's the Farr 49, that's the one with the funky wheel.  I believe it went to Perth from Sydney and was rechristened Knee Deep there.  Maybe the HKG stranding in a later one - I recall there was a wooden-keeled IMS/ORCi clunker rechristened Yendys at some point too.    Hard to tell from the pic.

Named after the ex Perth owners winery, Knee Deep Wines in Margaret River. Languished here in Melbourne after its last Hobart for a long time before it was sold to NZ.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, Terrorvision said:

Here's Yendys thanks to Typhoon Mangkut. 

41851226_1887689071308912_4089102873483280384_n.jpg.063dd276defdc08d2b2364b4bca91ee4.jpg

Which makes that the old deep green Yendys 99 ex IMS 50 Banco Espiroto Santo.

Yendys 98 was the Beneteau 53 that was trashed in the Hobart race. Ring frames popping and delam all over the place IIRC. It had an extended holiday in Hobart after the race, and may have come home on a truck.

The Farr 49 Yendys that became Sting (for Terry Mullen’s) then Knee Deep was a 2000 / 2001 vintage when the green boat proved that IMS was not a fast boat rule....

That pale blue boat was sold after it won Hobart on handicap as Farr apparently used every last trick to pen a winning boat, and it got smacked by the handicapper shortly thereafter.

That was then replaced by the R/P 55 Yendys know known as Wedgetail.

19 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not Typhoon Mangkut's fault.

err :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

I think you're right DD - assuming the HK boat is the ex-Yendys  we raced against in Raja Muda and Kings Cup a few years ago - called Micropay or similar.  She was an IMS boat, about 50'.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:20 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Not Typhoon Mangkut's fault...the perils of swing moorings in HK where all weather alternatives cost a bomb and or like rockinghorse shit due to pleasure craft ownership exceeding mooring supply.

trio-star-beach-hiking-023-1024x768.thumb.jpg.5dbaca7ed748c24ef97bc6be1b6a53cd.jpg

4 hours ago, Mid said:

err :rolleyes:

Nice err..and pray ask what is your skin in the game Mid.. other than a err??

4 hours ago, Jason AUS said:

...and seems to have disappeared or been stolen by Aliens post S2H rig fall downs.

Tell me how it isn't a direct result of Mangkut  ?

6 minutes ago, Mid said:

Tell me how it isn't a direct result of Mangkut  ?

First and I ask again you tell me about your skin in the game there to both back up your "err" and make me bother typing.

08_typhoon_gallery_gettyimages-103464608

The aftermath of the super typhoon in Hong Kong. High wind speeds caused tall buildings to sway, tore down scaffolding, and broke windows.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2018/09/typhoon-mangkhut-pictures/#/08_typhoon_gallery_gettyimages-1034646082.jpg

Apparently the perils of swing moorings are to blame :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Mid said:

The aftermath of the super typhoon in Hong Kong. High wind speeds caused tall buildings to sway, tore down scaffolding, and broke windows.

Super typhoon yeah sure. You forgot buildings are designed to sway,  bamboo scaffolding can come adrift, windows break in a breeze...and by the way you forgot to mention the falling tower crane in Tai Kok Tsui.

Give me fuckin strength your point is other than showing you having no fucking idea and never been there is what??

the point is your statement about it not being the result of the typhon is bull shit .

as is your assertion that I've never been there .

you sir are a FOOL .

10 minutes ago, Mid said:

the point is your statement about it not being the result of the typhon is bull shit ....you sir are a FOOL

Not bullshit at all...and all you can come up with is a "err" and now abuse to counter it. You need to work harder son.

Don’t worry Mid. Jack was the BN who tied the mooring line on. He’s just keeping the story alive until the payout. 

Here is a Link that shows the true force of one of the boats on a swing mooring in Shelter Cove. This was taken on a dash-cam mounted on the front, nobody was on board. 

Anything with that much windage is going to suffer against that sort of force.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Terrorvision said:

Here is a Link that shows the true force of one of the boats on a swing mooring in Shelter Cove. 

That is the swing mooring carpark pic of Sai Kung I posted upthread.

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

That is the swing mooring carpark pic of Sai Kung I posted upthread.

It’s Shelter Cove, not Sai Kung. 

53 minutes ago, Terrorvision said:

It’s Shelter Cove, not Sai Kung

Sai Kung the district not the place around the corner. Here is vid of Shelter Cove, past Hebe Haven YC to Marina Cove.

It is reasonably protected except from the SE.....unfortunately that was direction at peak wind speed.

8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

...and seems to have disappeared or been stolen by Aliens post S2H rig fall downs.

Still tied to the dock at Rivergate.

No rig.

10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I think it's hanging out at Rivergate waiting for the insurance shit fight to be sorted.

The Farr 49 was also at Rivergate a little while back.

Story was a local who had only cruised before had bought it do Hobart this year.

Heard it had disappeared into a shed for a full refit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jason AUS said:

Which makes that the old deep green Yendys 99 ex IMS 50 Banco Espiroto Santo.

Yendys 98 was the Beneteau 53 that was trashed in the Hobart race. Ring frames popping and delam all over the place IIRC. It had an extended holiday in Hobart after the race, and may have come home on a truck.

The Farr 49 Yendys that became Sting (for Terry Mullen’s) then Knee Deep was a 2000 / 2001 vintage when the green boat proved that IMS was not a fast boat rule....

That pale blue boat was sold after it won Hobart on handicap as Farr apparently used every last trick to pen a winning boat, and it got smacked by the handicapper shortly thereafter.

Other way around I think Jason, indeed the Beneteau crashed in '98, I recall racing against it that year.  The new-build funky-wheel Farr boat replaced it and won the 99 Hobart.  The IMS shitter was European champion in 02, Geoff bought it in 2003 and the 55 was built in 2006.

Bit of a shame Geoff has left the local scene.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Sai Kung the district not the place around the corner. Here is vid of Shelter Cove, past Hebe Haven YC to Marina Cove.

It is reasonably protected except from the SE.....unfortunately that was direction at peak wind speed.

I can see my house in Nam Wai in that video.

1 hour ago, Terrorvision said:

I can see my house in Nam Wai in that video

Terra a vid along the same route today would look pretty horrible.

13 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

Other way around I think Jason, indeed the Beneteau crashed in '98, I recall racing against it that year.  The new-build funky-wheel Farr boat replaced it and won the 99 Hobart.  The IMS shitter was European champion in 02, Geoff bought it in 2003 and the 55 was built in 2006.

Bit of a shame Geoff has left the local scene.

Bang on - I stand corrected.

Apparently Geoff has hinted at a return to sailing if the rating rules ever setttle down. Which means he’ll continue to enjoy his powerboat for many years to come!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jason AUS said:

Apparently Geoff has hinted at a return to sailing if the rating rules ever setttle down. Which means he’ll continue to enjoy his powerboat for many years to come!

I'd have thunk the rules had actually settled down.  IRC is very stable, ditto ORCi.  Geoff would be a great addition to the coming TP52 circuit down here... season end in the Northern Hemisphere this week so I'd imagine local aspirants are in discussions about hoovering up this year's model TP52s right about now...

50 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

I'd imagine local aspirants are in discussions about hoovering up this year's model TP52s right about now...

Dick forgive my ignorance but what sort of work is needed to a regatta 52 to get it past Bondi?

1 hour ago, duncan (the other one) said:

A drysuit for every crewmember, and a solid exit strategy for the race.

So dunc other than wardrobe they aren't beefed up?

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Dick forgive my ignorance but what sort of work is needed to a regatta 52 to get it past Bondi?

A shitload, but I don't know if the proposed Australian TP52 circuit includes long ocean races or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

So dunc other than wardrobe they aren't beefed up?

The recent builds are more extremely optimised for inshore racing than earlier boats such as Balance.  For a recent build I'd guess:

• Extensive waterproofing nose to tail - which can require a lot of the control systems to be re-engineered to eliminate deck openings, plus re-engineered hatches.
  • Cockpit redesign - eliminate below-deck rope tail storage and create above deck storage.
  • Galley, Head and Bunks plus crew gear storage - and related systems re-engineering around the crew accommodation as necessary.
  • Extra halyards and a new headfoil - the regatta boats aren't set up to peel spinnakers or change jibs, this can require significant mast re-engineering plus redesigning the pit area to accommodate extra jammers, rope tails and halyard lock trip lines etc.
  • Extra reaching sails and the gear to exploit them - while the regatta boats do occasional short offshore courses it isn't a focus for them so this area of the inventory is under-developed
  • Engine change (potentially)
  • Beefed up electrical systems
  • Fuel and water capacity changes (?)
  • Structural stiffening in the bow area, and maybe around the keel
  • Potential rig changes to achieve a better IRC-optimal configuration given the target race/s and likely weather patterns.
  • More no doubt...
  • ...but Matt Allen, having done all the necessary to a 2015 vintage boat then decided to build a whole new offshore-optimised hull out of TP52 moulds.  It seems a success so far. 
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

The recent builds are more extremely optimised for inshore racing than earlier boats such as Balance.  For a recent build I'd guess:

• Extensive waterproofing nose to tail - which can require a lot of the control systems to be re-engineered to eliminate deck openings, plus re-engineered hatches.
  • Cockpit redesign - eliminate below-deck rope tail storage and create above deck storage.
  • Galley, Head and Bunks plus crew gear storage - and related systems re-engineering around the crew accommodation as necessary.
  • Extra halyards and a new headfoil - the regatta boats aren't set up to peel spinnakers or change jibs, this can require significant mast re-engineering plus redesigning the pit area to accommodate extra jammers, rope tails and halyard lock trip lines etc.
  • Extra reaching sails and the gear to exploit them - while the regatta boats do occasional short offshore courses it isn't a focus for them so this area of the inventory is under-developed
  • Engine change (potentially)
  • Beefed up electrical systems
  • Fuel and water capacity changes (?)
  • Structural stiffening in the bow area, and maybe around the keel
  • Potential rig changes to achieve a better IRC-optimal configuration given the target race/s and likely weather patterns.
  • More no doubt...
  • ...but Matt Allen, having done all the necessary to a 2015 vintage boat then decided to build a whole new offshore-optimised hull out of TP52 moulds.  It seems a success so far. 

So with that many changes to the Boat and shipping costs it makes you think that Matt Alan for a few extra $$$$$ has the better deal than buying a second hand boat. 

Pulpit 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

there's the crux -- he decided it was more sensible to do a offshore build from the get-go than buy a depreciated inshore boat and modify.

17 hours ago, pulpit said:

So with that many changes to the Boat and shipping costs it makes you think that Matt Alan for a few extra $$$$$ has the better deal than buying a second hand boat. 

Pulpit 

Matt knows the game and isn't short of resources, but his focus was winning S2H so if a prospective owner was more interested in regattas and say Cat 2 and 3 races perhaps the equation is different.  Hooligan is an example of that alternative approach.

On 9/20/2018 at 9:42 PM, Jason AUS said:

Maybe if the rating rules settle down I'll enter "66" in the great race..... you and me two up Jas

• Like 1

I thought Apollo 2 was that POS with the clipper bow?  It was at our club for a while and did alright in one Hobart (84 maybe) but that was a demolition derby that few finished. Fucking ugly as I recall. 

We finished in 1984 on Myuna.. 14th across the line in a Lidgard 40 (or 41).

We went a very long way out to sea and avoided at least some of the mayhem

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^ Apollo 2 has been at Iluka/Yamba for many years I think?? Didn't look too flash once.

IMG_20180927_153546.jpg

That's Apollo #1

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^LB I think you mean Apollo 3 the 55 footer. I think it was one of the few that finished the 84 demo derby.

Charter boat in the Whitsunday boneyard IIRC

30 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

That's Apollo #1

I get them mixed up. If Apollo questions were on immigration forms Aust would be empty.

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^LB I think you mean Apollo 3 the 55 footer. I think it was one of the few that finished the 84 demo derby.

Yep definitely Apollo 3 in the 84 race.

We passed them across Storm Bay in a Swan 44 (the S&S one from 1972).  And yes DtM the wider the better that year.  We didn't cross Bass Strait we went round the bugger.  Last tack was 110 miles east of Gabo!  Ended up 5th on both line & IOR.

Something like 40 finishers from 160 starters.  It blew a bit from the south for the first 3 days.  Don't know how hard our wind dial had a stop at 70 knots, because anything more than that would have been scary.  Spent quite a bit of time stuck on the stop though.

8 hours ago, TUBBY said:

It blew a bit from the south for the first 3 days.  Don't know how hard our wind dial had a stop at 70 knots, because anything more than that would have been scary.  Spent quite a bit of time stuck on the stop though.

Yeah!  In 1970, the AVERAGE wind speed didn't drop below 70 knots for 54 hours.  Fun that was!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Yeah!  In 1970, the AVERAGE wind speed didn't drop below 70 knots for 54 hours.  Fun that was!

And Pacha won IIRC.  On a mooring in Rushcutters Bay for sale at present.  Could use a little love

11 hours ago, TUBBY said:

Yep definitely Apollo 3 in the 84 race.

We passed them across Storm Bay in a Swan 44 (the S&S one from 1972).  And yes DtM the wider the better that year.  We didn't cross Bass Strait we went round the bugger.  Last tack was 110 miles east of Gabo!  Ended up 5th on both line & IOR.

Something like 40 finishers from 160 starters.  It blew a bit from the south for the first 3 days.  Don't know how hard our wind dial had a stop at 70 knots, because anything more than that would have been scary.  Spent quite a bit of time stuck on the stop though.

Crazy! Was 70+ in the forecast?

2 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

And Pacha won IIRC.  On a mooring in Rushcutters Bay for sale at present.  Could use a little love

It required just about all the filler in the known world to fair her afterwards!

Apollo 1, was the big Bob Millar design. got wrecked. Had monster coffee grinder pedestals with 2 sets of handles on each, never seen it before or since.

Apollo 2, same design as Ginko. one of them was entered in the Whitbread I think.

Apollo 3, uglier than Rosie O'Donnell's arsehole. Things that behave that badly are usually shot at dawn. Again strange pedestal set up, the pillars were horizontal in to the base of the drum. Clipper bows are for Clippers, sorry New Zealand Endeavour.

Apollo 4, don't know.

Apollo 5. Peterson design. Quick boat, well sailed. My dad sailed against her in the 1981 Southern Cross Cup, said she was witch uphill. 

Apollo 6. Ben Lexcen. This was after Australia II had won and Bondy was throwing cash around. Ben Lexcen was considered a demi god, and could do no wrong. He was given the job to design a one tonner for the 1985 Australian CMAC team. It stank. While she looked a little like the Castro designed Intrigue, she just didn't go. Would have been slaughtered in the Solent against the European boats.

I remember that  the entire time of the Americas Cup in Fremantle she sat in a cradle next to the office at the Bond camp collecting bird shit.

Years later she was sold on to the couple that used to own Golden Eagle, a 70's 1104. I sailed against Apollo IV in a West Coast Series . She threw her mast over the front, after failing to get the new runner home during a dip-pole in 25 knots true. Broke below the first set of spreaders. After that for us, kite down, gybe, re set kite, re hoist. We had had an earlier bingle with Nadia IV (ex Hitchhiker II), that put her out of it as well with a busted up stem. Good afternoon of attrition.

I can't really think of a Ben Lexcen design that really dominated the IOR scene, there were flashes of brilliance. Rampage overall winner 1974, and Apollo/Gherkin 1985. BenBobs mid 70's Viking 30 did really take off over here, quite a few were built. Good solid little half tonners that you could race on Saturday and take the kids to Rotto on the long weekends. They were used for The Australia Cup, part of the World Match Racing world tour for a few years. You could pick one up for about $30G. They still race em' here.

Transom hung rudders, gudgeons and pintles on big boats looks weird. I understand that the less hull apertures, the better but the transference but be wicked.

Anyway Ben for President.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, thefirstpelican said:

Apollo 1, was the big Bob Millar design. got wrecked. Had monster coffee grinder pedestals with 2 sets of handles on each, never seen it before or since.

Apollo 2, same design as Ginko. one of them was entered in the Whitbread I think.

Apollo 3, uglier than Rosie O'Donnell's arsehole. Things that behave that badly are usually shot at dawn. Again strange pedestal set up, the pillars were horizontal in to the base of the drum. Clipper bows are for Clippers, sorry New Zealand Endeavour.

Apollo 4, don't know.

Apollo 5. Peterson design. Quick boat, well sailed. My dad sailed against her in the 1981 Southern Cross Cup, said she was witch uphill. 

Apollo 6. Ben Lexcen. This was after Australia II had won and Bondy was throwing cash around. Ben Lexcen was considered a demi god, and could do no wrong. He was given the job to design a one tonner for the 1985 Australian CMAC team. It stank. While she looked a little like the Castro designed Intrigue, she just didn't go. Would have been slaughtered in the Solent against the European boats.

I remember that  the entire time of the Americas Cup in Fremantle she sat in a cradle next to the office at the Bond camp collecting bird shit.

Years later she was sold on to the couple that used to own Golden Eagle, a 70's 1104. I sailed against Apollo IV in a West Coast Series . She threw her mast over the front, after failing to get the new runner home during a dip-pole in 25 knots true. Broke below the first set of spreaders. After that for us, kite down, gybe, re set kite, re hoist. We had had an earlier bingle with Nadia IV (ex Hitchhiker II), that put her out of it as well with a busted up stem. Good afternoon of attrition.

I can't really think of a Ben Lexcen design that really dominated the IOR scene, there were flashes of brilliance. Rampage overall winner 1974, and Apollo/Gherkin 1985. BenBobs mid 70's Viking 30 did really take off over here, quite a few were built. Good solid little half tonners that you could race on Saturday and take the kids to Rotto on the long weekends. They were used for The Australia Cup, part of the World Match Racing world tour for a few years. You could pick one up for about $30G. They still race em' here.

Transom hung rudders, gudgeons and pintles on big boats looks weird. I understand that the less hull apertures, the better but the transference but be wicked.

Anyway Ben for President.

Apollo IV was a pintail 40 something.  I believe it sailed for Singapore in the 79 Admirals cup.  Could be an early Peterson design but by 79 he was doing more rounded transoms.

https://rolanddegreefphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Cowes-RORC-Admiralds-Cup/G0000w93s0oqXtY8/I0000FeIMyq.QdFs

12 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Crazy! Was 70+ in the forecast?

From (now very hazy) memory the forecast was for 40 to 50.  It got a little more exciting than that about 10 hours under storm jib only then another 10 or 12 with stormy & trysail,  trysail was added to get better height to windward rather than because we needed the power.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hoppy said:

Are you sure she was a ONE-tonner?  40' is pretty big for a 1T - she looks quite similar to Dynamite 2 which I think was 42' and a TWO wonner.  IIRC, the 1104s like Piccolo were One Tonners.

2 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Are you sure she was a ONE-tonner?  40' is pretty big for a 1T - she looks quite similar to Dynamite 2 which I think was 42' and a TWO wonner.  IIRC, the 1104s like Piccolo were One Tonners.

Between 1971 & 1982 the 1 tonner's had an IOR length of  27.5' and from 1983 onwards it was 30.55'. This boat is 1985 and the 1104's were 70's boats.  

On 9/28/2018 at 11:01 PM, DickDastardly said:

Apollo IV was a pintail 40 something.  I believe it sailed for Singapore in the 79 Admirals cup.  Could be an early Peterson design but by 79 he was doing more rounded transoms.

https://rolanddegreefphotos.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Cowes-RORC-Admiralds-Cup/G0000w93s0oqXtY8/I0000FeIMyq.QdFs

46/47, formerly one of the Williwaws and one of the last pintail Petersons. Stayed in Europe as Nick Nack II and I think is still IRC racing in France.

4 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Later one tonners were all around 40ft. Nadia was def a 1 tonner. Lou's Ultimate Challenge, a Hobart winner, was a Dubois 40 one tonner.

IOR rating band for 1 ton went from 27,5 to 30 feet hence we went from 36 foot to 40 foot one tonners

Gotcha, thanks blokes.  I'm getting to that stage where I remember better what I did in the 70's than what I did yesterday!

To paraphrase Tony Abbott, at least we can all rely on S A as the 'suppository of all knowledge'

On 12/2/2018 at 11:42 AM, hoppy said:

Nadia IV is, I think, in Kettering these days, and competed a couple of years ago in BYC's IOR Cup, along with, amongst others, Ultimate Challenge, and Black Magic

Nadia iv was built for Ron Clark in Perth. I think she then I believe went to the Canberra Ocean racing club sailed by Teki Dalton, who was pretty big into the safety side of the Hobart race. I think it even sailed one year with an all girls crew.

She used to have a kick arse paint job. There were quite a few of them around at the time. Evelyn, prime suspect, finesterre , Nadia iv. 

2 hours ago, thefirstpelican said:

Nadia iv was built for Ron Clark in Perth.

She used to have a kick arse paint job. There were quite a few of them around at the time. Evelyn, prime suspect, finesterre , Nadia iv. 

Don't know if Evelyn like Nadia IV was built by Milliner in Perth. I doubt being one of Jack Cassidy's stable which he normally designed and built, so a bit rare for him and so must have had a high regard for Farrs effort.

Around that time (84 - 85) you could buy a "stock" Farr 40 and pretty much anyone who wanted to win did the bloody things were everywhere and quicker than the 2 tonnes (40 - 44" ish) of only a couple of years before while rating much better (that hurt when they went by!).

The CYCA would have had nearly 10 of them.  Others included Another Concubine, Swuzzlebubble, (3?), Indian Pacific, and lots of others who's names will come back to me at inappropriate times over the next week or so.

Around 86 the next obvious major change was the new ones got open transoms.

31 minutes ago, TUBBY said:

The CYCA would have had nearly 10 of them.  Others included Another Concubine, Swuzzlebubble, (3?), Indian Pacific, and lots of others who's names will come back to me at inappropriate times over the next week or so.

Same thing happens to me all the time!

42 minutes ago, TUBBY said:

Around 86 the next obvious major change was the new ones got open transoms.

And the next major change 5 minutes later IOR was cactus. Interesting times.

Two other Farr 40's that I was involved with back in the day were Zap and Witchcraft, both out of RPAYC but I think Zap was something else before. We also had Seaquesta (designer???) and we'll count Sir Robbo's Queensland Maid, as he was here a lot.

Farr design 136 was the breakthrough after the rating band was lifted to 30.5ft.

Pacific Sundance(r) nearly won in 1983.and Indian Pacific did in 1984.

3 hours ago, Jethrow said:

Two other Farr 40's that I was involved with back in the day were Zap and Witchcraft, both out of RPAYC but I think Zap was something else before. We also had Seaquesta (designer???) and we'll count Sir Robbo's Queensland Maid, as he was here a lot.

Whole tribe of IOR boats at RPAYC back in the day . Middle Harbour Express  ( Original Gold Coast Express with centre board - Davidson ) Hot August Night - Lexen ?  Anduril, Granny Knot,  Dubois 36 sister ships,  few Farr 40's.  Leroy Brown - Davidson 34, Kings Cross - Davidson 36, Ex Tension - Davidson 36

Seaquesta was a Dubois.  Alloy hull, real truck.

Few half tonners - Beach Inspector, Public Nuisance - Dubois

9 hours ago, Occsail said:

Whole tribe of IOR boats at RPAYC back in the day . Middle Harbour Express  ( Original Gold Coast Express with centre board - Davidson ) Hot August Night - Lexen ?  Anduril, Granny Knot,  Dubois 36 sister ships,  few Farr 40's.  Leroy Brown - Davidson 34, Kings Cross - Davidson 36, Ex Tension - Davidson 36

Seaquesta was a Dubois.  Alloy hull, real truck.

Few half tonners - Beach Inspector, Public Nuisance - Dubois

I think Seaquesta was renamed "Lipstick on my Collar" or somesuch and is now in NZ

13 hours ago, Jethrow said:

Peter Nicholson from RPAYC sold Seaquesta and bought Queensland Maid from Robbo, which is why she was there a lot.

10 hours ago, Occsail said:

Hot August Night - Lexen ?  

Lexen 35. It is in Hobart at the DSS. Mate of mine owns it now and occasionally racing.