Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winchfodder

Why is ISAF not cancelling any sanction or participation in Malaysia

Am I missing something?

Surely ISAF (World Sailing?) should immediately announce that they are pulling out of the Malaysia regatta.

No officials or International Judges from ISAF should be allowed to go as ISAF representatives.

Too late for Croce to be sending representative to discuss.

The event cannot be called a World Championship.

details please? what world championship are talking about? and what is the screw up that is causing you to ask your questions? details please?

details please? what world championship are talking about? and what is the screw up that is causing you to ask your questions? details please?

The Youth Sailing World's in Malaysia. Israeli competitors have been told that they cannot sail under their countries flag. And if they win medals no Israeli flags will be allowed on the podium.

The Israeli team have withdrawn in protest.

Now it us time for ISAF to make it clear to Malaysia that this is not acceptable.

apparently they wanted agreement before they issued visa's

Once again the Monkeys that run Malaysia have embarrassed themselves in front of the world

Cant wait for some of the Sultans to find out, many who support sailing not to mention the DrM of whoms backyard its being run in.

Totally agree. Ban 'em. I can't believe ISAF are not making a huge stink over this. Racist bollocks from these Turkeys.. At least Donald Trump only talks about it.. These guys actually implement it. Like Winch Fodder said, this is no longer a world championship and whoever wins the windsurfing medal must know they have done so under false pretenses.. Completely unacceptable.

The Youth Sailing World's in Malaysia. Israeli competitors have been told that they cannot sail under their countries flag. And if they win medals no Israeli flags will be allowed on the podium.

The Israeli team have withdrawn in protest.

Now it us time for ISAF to make it clear to Malaysia that this is not acceptable.

See the homepage comment. ISAFs own rules do not allow descrimination. So come on ISAF tell the Malaysian authorities that no Israeli participation no World Championship and no ISAF officials jury or race officers.

If we allow descrimination anywhere then the dangerous religous fanatics like DAESH are winning.

It is unacceptable that visas were withheld. You've also got to consider 100s of sailors and parents are already out there, at their own expense. There's no good outcome here.

It is unacceptable that visas were withheld. You've also got to consider 100s of sailors and parents are already out there, at their own expense. There's no good outcome here.

Shame on anyone who continues to participate, when good people stand by and lets bad things happen....

ISAF are are a complete bunch of arseholes who have no credibility if they don't act on this.

Pulling out is a decision people can make for themselves. I wonder what the mood is like in Langkawi.

Completely agree that immediate action from ISAF is required. The event is illegitimate if religious affiliations are controlling entry lists. ISAF standing by doing nothing would be appealing.

Apalling

I bet ISAF did not stick to their charter when "bids" for the event were made.

Malaysia should have signed an agreement to fullfil the charter to host a World Series.

ISAF must have know about this situation over a year ago and did nothing and now it is the young sailors and their families who are facing the embarrassment. Too late to cancel flights and hotels and boat movements.

It of course comes down to money. ISAF like money for all the dignitaries and officials and it is typical now that countries with questionable human rights history are allowed to bid without agreeing to the charter.

Yes sports can make a bridge between nations and between competitors around the world. But equally sports can easily be manipulated for propaganda purposes or allow countries to continue abuses without fear. Look at the massive overspend on the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi and then soon after Russia annexe Crimea and help rebels shoot down a civilian airliner.

If ISAF allow this event to go ahead as a World Series and sends officials and judges to Malaysia then they are positively condoning the very discrimination that allows DAESH (I do not use the other word as apparently they do not like being called DAESH) to gain a foothold in the world.

It is time for the big boys who lead sailing to front up, not leaving it to the competitors.

This kind of abominable shit has been going on against Israel, Israelis, and Jews, in sports- among other events- for quite some time. After a thought provoking cover story title called " throw the Jew down the well " SA comes out in full blown sympathetic mode with the two Israeli athletes denied the right to a country anthem or flag by a Muslm nation officially designated as moderate. And just to show how sympathetic the folks at SA are to Israelis and Jews alike, the cover story editorial throws in the lovely sentiment that Jews are forced to suffer enough by having to celebrate the fire hazard holiday of Hanukkah, rather than the really cool one with Christmas trees, Christ, and everything nice. Thanks SA for your uniquely sensitive solidarity to the plight of Jews being thrown down the well.

While I am on a rant how about how about VOR pulling out of China for the next race because of the Chinese annexation and wholesale destruction of reefs and islands in the South China Sea. They are nearer Vietnam and Malaysia as far as territorial waters and are in fact in international waters.

Just what can citizens do? Our governments could do more in terms of economic sanctions but I guess governments are ruled by business and banks who love to continue to trade with China.

How about the UK where most of the water utilities are now Chinese owned and soon the nuclear power generation.

Maybe we could stop buying Chinese goods? Some chance!

So let's just standby and watch the destruction of the reefs.

And if Malaysian sailing signed up for everything including the charter, and have been overruled by their government at the last minute, what exactly can ISAF do about it? Cancel the event at the last minute and leave all the other competitors in the lurch with all the tickets bought, boats transported and everything else? Nope. Unfair to all the other competitors who are utterly innocent of any wrong doing.

All they can do is to make damn sure that they don't go to Malaysia again without firm government level guarantees. But these diplomatic style issues are better quietly, not in public, or the attitudes get more entrenched in national status and all the rest of it. One thing you can be sure of, the more noise they see from the US, the more entrenched positions will get, because no-one likes being told what to do by the Seppos.

And if Malaysian sailing signed up for everything including the charter, and have been overruled by their government at the last minute, what exactly can ISAF do about it? Cancel the event at the last minute and leave all the other competitors in the lurch with all the tickets bought, boats transported and everything else? Nope. Unfair to all the other competitors who are utterly innocent of any wrong doing.

All they can do is to make damn sure that they don't go to Malaysia again without firm government level guarantees. But these diplomatic style issues are better quietly, not in public, or the attitudes get more entrenched in national status and all the rest of it. One thing you can be sure of, the more noise they see from the US, the more entrenched positions will get, because no-one likes being told what to do by the Seppos.

ISAF should not be signing up events in countries like Oman and Malaysia who pull off these sort of tricks.

There is no way the event organisers in Malaysia did not know what their government were going to do. The whole sailing thing in countries like Oman and Malaysia are government supported to promote tourism.

The organisers are not innocent victims here.

And yes. No more world sailing events in Malaysia.

Upon reflection, did you want to throw the Jew down the well to protect him from the fire hazards of Hanukkah?

Subconsciously only kidding.

There is no way the event organisers in Malaysia did not know what their government were going to do.

Of course not. None of us have ever experienced our governments changing policy on the hoof without thinking about the consequences, making knee jerk responses to some pressure group or the other, making stupid reactions to the latest press scandal etc. That sort of thing never happens. In dreamworld.

There is no way the event organisers in Malaysia did not know what their government were going to do.

Of course not. None of us have ever experienced our governments changing policy on the hoof without thinking about the consequences, making knee jerk responses to some pressure group or the other, making stupid reactions to the latest press scandal etc. That sort of thing never happens. In dreamworld.

"Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin earlier told the Malay Mail Online website that the visa decision was “guided by the existing policy of the Malaysian government” which does not have diplomatic relations with Israel."

Clearly this is did not coming out of the blue as ISAF and Mr Crocce might suggest. I suspect that ISAF were so pleased to get anybody to sponsor their Youth Worlds, when Malayasia offered the cash ISAF chose to not carry out any due diligence by asking the Malaysia government what policies were in place regarding their member nations and visas.

Getting too late now for the Israeli windsurfers. So at the very least ISAF should take away World Status to the whole event (not just the windsurfing). If sanctions are not applied then governments will never change.

Can anybody enlighten us on what sports marketing company brokered the ISAF Youth Worlds deal in Malaysia?

And of course here in the west we always believe implicitly the statements our politicians make to the press...

And if Malaysian sailing signed up for everything including the charter, and have been overruled by their government at the last minute, what exactly can ISAF do about it?

Abandon the championship in RS-X class and re-sail it at some other location.

Cancel the event at the last minute and leave all the other competitors in the lurch with all the tickets bought, boats transported and everything else? Nope. Unfair to all the other competitors who are utterly innocent of any wrong doing.

These are false excuses. What's next? Control the outcome of the races by denying visa to some participants at Olympics?

And if Malaysian sailing signed up for everything including the charter, and have been overruled by their government at the last minute, what exactly can ISAF do about it?

Abandon the championship in RS-X class and re-sail it at some other location.

Cancel the event at the last minute and leave all the other competitors in the lurch with all the tickets bought, boats transported and everything else? Nope. Unfair to all the other competitors who are utterly innocent of any wrong doing.

These are false excuses. What's next? Control the outcome of the races by denying visa to some participants at Olympics?

How about making the organisers pay all the costs of relocating the windsurfing event to a suitable location.

So how can we, in the US at least, try the best we can that we do not directly associate with ISAF? Does that mean do not join US Sailing?

The correct thing to do is to hold the regatta so those who are there can sail, but remove the championship title from it - there just won't be a World Championship in 2016. Embarrass the crap out of the Malaysians...

And yes - with regard to US Sailing, you can vote with your feet. I quit US Sailing when they voted to take the Tornado out of the Olympics - disinfranchising an entire segment of US sailors - the multihull guys. As one, I couldn't see how they represented me any longer...now, I no longer give a shit about them - very freeing to not have my sailing governed by others.

I feel the time has come for my class (International A-Class Catamaran) to tell ISAF that if they do not take proper action on this incident, that we no longer have a reason to be an international class under their jurisdiction. I hope the class presidents of every international class will be sending a similar message to ISAF this morning.

Disgusting.

So how can we, in the US at least, try the best we can that we do not directly associate with ISAF? Does that mean do not join US Sailing?

Every US sailor can send an e-mail to US Sailing this morning stating that if they do not publicly speak out in opposition to the actions of the Malaysians in addition to demanding that ISAF take appropriate action, then you will not be renewing your membership with that organization. You can also let US Sailing know that if you are a member of a one design class that pays dues to US Sailing, that you will contacting your class president to suspend or not pay any more dues to US Sailing if they remain silent on this matter or they fall in line with ISAF's inaction.

I'll say it again, this is disgusting.

I feel the time has come for my class (International A-Class Catamaran) to tell ISAF that if they do not take proper action on this incident, that we no longer have a reason to be an international class under their jurisdiction. I hope the class presidents of every international class will be sending a similar message to ISAF this morning.

Disgusting.

I guess all members of all classes affiliated to ISAF should ask their class representatives to ask ISAF in future not to take World Series events to any country that does not support the ISAF charter.

And I agree the let the regatta go ahead for all those already there or heading there. But take away the World Status for the whole event, not just the windsurfing.

From the RRS perspective. And I'm not touching ISAF Constitution yet..

76 EXCLUSION OF BOATS OR COMPETITORS

76.1 The organizing authority or the race committee may reject or cancel the entry of a boat or exclude a competitor, subject to rule 76.3, provided it does so before the start of the first race and states the reason for doing so. On request the boat shall promptly be given the reason in writing. The boat may request redress if she considers that the rejection or exclusion is improper.

76.3 At world and continental championships no entry within stated quotas shall be rejected or cancelled without first obtaining the approval of the relevant ISAF Class Association (or the Offshore Racing Council) or the ISAF.

The biggest problem with that is their entry was not denied by the OA, so unfortunately they are not entitled to redress, The OA has no control over their countries issuing or not issuing Visas. But someone should take them out back and beat the shit out of them. The OA that is.

Fuck you.

That's right, just bend over and let Malaysia screw over the sport and one specific country because of religious beliefs.

Of course it is a Brit, Chris Atkins that is in Malaysia representing ISAF, so I'd fully expect you to take your stiff upper British lip and just go along to get along.

Again, fuck you.

This kind of abominable shit has been going on against Israel, Israelis, and Jews, in sports- among other events- for quite some time. After a thought provoking cover story title called " throw the Jew down the well " SA comes out in full blown sympathetic mode with the two Israeli athletes denied the right to a country anthem or flag by a Muslm nation officially designated as moderate. And just to show how sympathetic the folks at SA are to Israelis and Jews alike, the cover story editorial throws in the lovely sentiment that Jews are forced to suffer enough by having to celebrate the fire hazard holiday of Hanukkah, rather than the really cool one with Christmas trees, Christ, and everything nice. Thanks SA for your uniquely sensitive solidarity to the plight of Jews being thrown down the well.

I have an idea, you fucking pussy - how about you tell us what you've done to show this plight to the world? SA shined a great big fucking light on this behaviour and now is it top of the radar for ISAF and the IOC, while you sat on your ass, picking ingrown hairs off your shaved balls.

The author of the front page story is a FUCKING JEW. Sasha Baron Cohen, who wrote "throw the jew down the well", is a FUCKING JEW.

If you are a Jew, you should convert to something else, 'cause you're not smart enough for us. IF you're not a Jew, you need to fuck off back to whatever people spawned you, 'cause we most definitely don't need some idiot goy speaking for us.

The biggest problem with that is their entry was not denied by the OA, so unfortunately they are not entitled to redress, The OA has no control over their countries issuing or not issuing Visas. But someone should take them out back and beat the shit out of them. The OA that is.

They are entitled to redress because they were discriminated against in their entry requirements, which include a visa. The event and ISAF should also be held responsible under the concept of 'constructive rejection'.

In answer to the question that is the title of this thread - it's simple why the event isn't be cancelled, or otherwise being de-certifed. Money.

Worse, this event goes to Oman next year, where the same issue of Israeli sailors not being allowed to display their country flag on their sail or the results sheet happened just a couple months ago too.

They are entitled to redress because they were discriminated against in their entry requirements, which include a visa. The event and ISAF should also be held responsible under the concept of 'constructive rejection'.

YES. Give the Gold to the Israeli crew as redress. And never sanction any sailing events again in Malaysia until the regime allow all competitors to sail.

Same thing happened to Israel in Abu Dhabi 2014 and 2015, and in Oman earlier this year. ISAF knew about it, but said nothing. weak ass tea

Disgusting.

I guess all members of all classes affiliated to ISAF should ask their class representatives to ask ISAF in future not to take World Series events to any country that does not support the ISAF charter.

And I agree the let the regatta go ahead for all those already there or heading there. But take away the World Status for the whole event, not just the windsurfing.

I have written US Sailing on my not renewing nor attending any event where membership is required. I have also written all of the Melges 24 class reps on this and hope they will respond.

Didn't some country the Germans occupied during WW II, when told to make all Jews were a Star of David, have EVERYONE wear one including their king? Denmark maybe?

All the sailors should wear Israeli team shirts :lol:

In answer to the question that is the title of this thread - it's simple why the event isn't be cancelled, or otherwise being de-certifed. Money.

Worse, this event goes to Oman next year, where the same issue of Israeli sailors not being allowed to display their country flag on their sail or the results sheet happened just a couple months ago too.

Money? ISAF is beginning to look more like FIFA!

As for the event in Oman next year. ISAF should pull the plug on it now unless the Omani government agree in writing that Israeli sailors can compete with their own national flag. Screw the money, how else is the world expected to succeed in ending the crisis created by intolerance and terrorism in the name of religion.

Oman have been spending mega bucks in sailing in recent years (MOD70, Extreme 40's etc).

Time to call them out. If they are unwilling to let Israeli youth sailors compete equally next year in Oman, then ISAF should deny Oman the right of entering any international event organised by member authorities.

Their sailors can compete, but none of the megabucks PR machine, client hospitality and advertising.

I guess Mr Turner et al might even take a stand and exclude the two Extreme 40's. But of course money talks, so that is not going to happen!!

Didn't some country the Germans occupied during WW II, when told to make all Jews were a Star of David, have EVERYONE wear one including their king? Denmark maybe?

Perfect.

As for ISAF "scumbags" (thank you Mr Clean!). No more events should be sanctioned in any country that excludes sailors on the basis of religion or nationality (and displaying their national flag). All member associations should write to ISAF and at the next council meeting this should be voted.

In the end this is the only way that the world will defeat intolerance.

Good idea, but, this is youth event. Don't drag kids into politics.

Fuck you.

That's right, just bend over and let Malaysia screw over the sport and one specific country because of religious beliefs.

Of course it is a Brit, Chris Atkins that is in Malaysia representing ISAF, so I'd fully expect you to take your stiff upper British lip and just go along to get along.

Again, fuck you.

Any idea which company is brokering these dodgy deals in Abu Dhabi, Malaysia, Oman etc?

I heard the Swiss (smell of FIFA) are involved with Oman with Mr Turner (Dame Ellen should have a word with him - she has always come across as very straight and politically correct)

It would be a beautiful thing if the remaining competitors made a silent agreement that each time the starting gun goes off, they peel off onto a reach and not cross the starting line. And did this repeatedly throughout the multi-day event.

World Sailing President Mr Carlo Croce - regarding Israel’s attendance at the upcoming Youth Sailing World Championships in Langkawi, Malaysia.

As with all diplomatic issues this is quite a delicate matter. World Sailing is aware of the current commentary in the public arena, and have reason to believe that some of the comments may not be accurate or possibly based on misunderstandings.

World Sailing is committed to ensuring participation in our sport by competitors from all nations, and is taking this issue seriously.

A member of the World Sailing Executive is on route to Malaysia to investigate this issue and is seeking clarification from the Malaysian Organising Authority.

World Sailing expects the organising authority of its events to allow sailors from all nations to compete on an equal basis. This expectation is made clear in the bid process and is set out in the contractual documentation governing our events.

World Sailing is not in a position to comment on this further until our investigation is complete.

Fuck you.

Again, fuck you.

Any idea which company is brokering these dodgy deals in Abu Dhabi, Malaysia, Oman etc?

I heard the Swiss (smell of FIFA) are involved with Oman with Mr Turner (Dame Ellen should have a word with him - she has always come across as very straight and politically correct)

Not sure who would be working on behalf of these countries, but at the ISAF level the deals are likely all done by the Staff and Executive. Some combination of Alastair Fox as Events Manager and Jon Napier as Competition Manager know the answers.

http://www.sailing.org/about/isaf/secretariat/competitions.php

Alan.....start a white house petition or petition to get to US Sailing to show the discord. or something like that; not sure of the specifics.

World Sailing President Mr Carlo Croce - regarding Israels attendance at the upcoming Youth Sailing World Championships in Langkawi, Malaysia.

World Sailing expects the organising authority of its events to allow sailors from all nations to compete on an equal basis. This expectation is made clear in the bid process and is set out in the contractual documentation governing our events.

World Sailing is not in a position to comment on this further until our investigation is complete.[/i]

So what happened in Abu Dhabi and Oman in the past few years Mr Clean? Were the Israelis allowed to compete on equal terms. Like using their own country flag etc?

If not did anyone call ISAF to account?

No more events should be sanctioned in any country that excludes sailors on the basis of religion or nationality (and displaying their national flag).

My understanding is that's already ISAF policy. But perhaps you'd like to give ISAF a list of exactly which nations they are. Don't forget to include in your list the dates of upcoming revolutions, elections and all other occasions when those countries' governments will change their policies one way or the other.

IMO, a regatta should be sailed, to make the best of the situation for the athletes there, who've done nothing wrong. But World Championship status should be removed from the regatta. The record book can reflect that the Championship for this year is vacant because of discrimination by the host country...embarrassing them in perpetuity, and serving as an example to other countries.

Just going to leave this here. Apparently ISAF is its own country.

Maybe they saw it coming and hoped to settle it somehow. Maybe in a way some countries did it at boycotted Olympics back then?

Olympic_flags_Moscow_1980.jpg

is that the program for the current youth worlds event? If so is Israel listed?

Just going to leave this here. Apparently ISAF is its own country.attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1451318198108.jpg

Yes it is from the current youth worlds. No Israel is not listed as a nation. Unless they decided to list one country NOT in alphabetical order.

a logical alternative might be to have all competitors not display any sort of national or religious emblem, including crescents, stars or anything at all including labels or lettering on the sails indicating nationality

Very shitty situation when athletes get dragged into political messes neither by action nor words of their own. Even worse when those athletes are juniors.

ISAF failed these athletes in choosing Malaysia for the Jr Worlds. Now I don't know what the best course of action is. Probably to hold the regatta and strip it of it world championship status. But that is unfair to those who win. Due to no fault of their own they won't be official world champions.

Is that the program for the current youth worlds event? If so is Israel listed?

Yes it is from the current youth worlds. No Israel is not listed as a nation. Unless they decided to list one country NOT in alphabetical order.
So, they (ISAF) already knew it and got brochure printed. Now they're still trying to convice us that

"A member of the World Sailing Executive is on route to Malaysia to investigate this issue and is seeking clarification from the Malaysian Organising Authority."

Oh, boy.. they're just digging themselves deeper and deeper.

a logical alternative might be to have all competitors not display any sort of national or religious emblem, including crescents, stars or anything at all including labels or lettering on the sails indicating nationality

Except those are all required by ISAF rules. So first, ISAF would have to amend their own rules, and then the organizer could amend theirs.

Is that the program for the current youth worlds event? If so is Israel listed?

So, they (ISAF) already knew it and got brochure printed. Now they're still trying to convice us that

"A member of the World Sailing Executive is on route to Malaysia to investigate this issue and is seeking clarification from the Malaysian Organising Authority."

Oh, boy.. they're just digging themselves deeper and deeper.

It may have been the host who printed the brochure. But it still uses ISAF branding.

Yes, potentially digging quite the hole here.

Very shitty situation when athletes get dragged into political messes neither by action nor words of their own. Even worse when those athletes are juniors.

ISAF failed these athletes in choosing Malaysia for the Jr Worlds. Now I don't know what the best course of action is. Probably to hold the regatta and strip it of it world championship status. But that is unfair to those who win. Due to no fault of their own they won't be official world champions.

It's a shitty situation for all. International sport should be... well international.

Everyone else went through the trials and was invited, let them compete and represent their country. Just like everyone else there.

It's a shitty situation for all. International sport should be... well international.

Everyone else went through the trials and was invited, let them compete and represent their country. Just like everyone else there.

I agree. Letting the Israeli athletes compete representing Israel is the best course of action. But that is beyond ISAF's control now. Even if Malaysia relents now it has tarnished their reputation. But it would be a good step in the right direction.

However if Malaysia won't change their stance, ISAF is faced with choosing the least objectionable course of action. Not that I have sympathy for ISAF because it was there choice to have the regatta there.

So World Sailing has rules about this sort of issue but doesn't enforce them, or chooses when to enforce them. If this was the USA banning, say, China it would be all over the news. Since it isn't World Sailing just lets it pass, and has done so in the past. So what DOES World Sailing actually do? Certainly they don't hold organizers to account of their own rules, that is plain to see. Pull in dues and fly people around to "investigate" less than 24 hours before an event starts? How does World Sailing raise most of their $? That's a pace to start.

I think anyone who is there who thinks this is B.S. should display and Israeli flag somewhere on their equipment. Get as many competitors as possible to do it, then see what the organizers do.

IMO, a regatta should be sailed, to make the best of the situation for the athletes there, who've done nothing wrong. But World Championship status should be removed from the regatta. The record book can reflect that the Championship for this year is vacant because of discrimination by the host country...embarrassing them in perpetuity, and serving as an example to other countries.

+1, but any ISAF officials/judges at the event should be called home immediately. They should not remain on the regatta site. It's unfortunate for the competitors and their families. What really is unfortunate is that ISAF probably saw this coming and did nothing.

The event is illegitimate if religious affiliations are controlling entry lists.

It's not. Nationality is controlling who gets a visa. That's not OK but it isn't quite the same as you are suggesting.

Given that Malaysia has never recognised Israel, this wasn't an unpredictable situation. The event shouldn't have been held in Malaysia.

So World Sailing has rules about this sort of issue but doesn't enforce them, or chooses when to enforce them. If this was the USA banning, say, China it would be all over the news. Since it isn't World Sailing just lets it pass, and has done so in the past. So what DOES World Sailing actually do? Certainly they don't hold organizers to account of their own rules, that is plain to see. Pull in dues and fly people around to "investigate" less than 24 hours before an event starts? How does World Sailing raise most of their $? That's a pace to start.

I think anyone who is there who thinks this is B.S. should display and Israeli flag somewhere on their equipment. Get as many competitors as possible to do it, then see what the organizers do.

+1 follow the money.

As much as we're all ripping on ISAF, WS or whatever. Organizing events take time and money. Not defending them for how they are dealing with this situation but who else would do what they do? Could we garuantee that they would do a better job?

The quote thing is messed up. The incoherent rants are incoherent.

Who would have thought that a thread about antisemitism on SA would have gotten so ugly so fast?

The quote thing is messed up. The incoherent rants are incoherent.

Who would have thought that a thread about antisemitism on SA would have gotten so ugly so fast?
I am wondering if saantisemite is not all he or she seems. New member today!! Could well be a deliberate hijack of the thread to try and show the Israeli sailors in a bad bigot light.

Brilliant on the front page Mr C. Thank you. Spot on. ISAF have a clear way ahead. No dissembling. Of course they will lose the tainted money from the likes of Abu Dhabi. Oman and Malaysia but that is the only wau to make change and stop the bigots trying to rule the world.

Would be very cool to see some of the athletes from other visiting countries wear rashies or the like with the Israeli flag or to Sharpie Star of David the whole fucking lot of their gear and kit.

Athlete solidarity may be the best possible response to show the Malaysians this is not on and 100% unacceptable.

Whomever does gets my vote for youth Sailor of the Year. I believe in their generation and their will to voice their displeasure - I have faith that this sort of discrimination is understood as boorish and unacceptable by today's youth.

Shame on adults who ruin it for good kids who otherwise would love to have everyone of every race, creed and colour participate.

I disagree.

israel is a pariah state and should be banned from all international events until they clean up their act.

Good on Malaysia ( and others) for having the balls to stand up to them!

You do realise that FIFA was on the verge of booting israel out when they were raided by the police recently?

Asshattery on the scale that israel practices it should have consequences.

I disagree.

israel is a pariah state and should be banned from all international events until they clean up their act.

You do realise that FIFA was on the verge of booting israel out when they were raided by the police recently?

Are you real? Do you enjoy watching DEASH burn people alive and film them drowning in a cage?

I disagree.

Are you real? Do you enjoy watching DEASH burn people alive and film them drowning in a cage?

Do you approve of israel having advisors embedded with DEASH?

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13931216000838

Doing deals with them?

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.580169

Do you approve of israel treating DEASH fighters and returning them to the battlefield?

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-Israel-treating-al-Qaida-fighters-wounded-in-Syria-civil-war-393862

http://www.timesofisrael.com/yaalon-syrian-rebels-keeping-druze-safe-in-exchange-for-israeli-aid/

Face it. Without israel, ISIS would not exist.

ISAF knew well in advance that the team from Israel would not be able to sail with their country flag. If they placed, their national anthem would not be played. The other teams were there weeks in advance to practice yet 24 hours before the start of the regatta, the Israeli team did not have Visas to travel to Malaysia.

Teaching the next generation of sailors that it's OK to discriminate? Horrible!

For the last 10 years I have volunteered...with my boat for the Miami OCR/ISAF World Cup. Sometimes...I'd find two boats for our course. As of this morning...I have resigned my position at the ISAF Miami event. Several of my team members are pulling out as well in support of my position and against discrimination!

The fact that US Sailing has not commented is deplorable and unacceptable as well. They seem to not care. Sailing as a fair and impartial sport is only a matter of history. The current environment does not promote either fair or impartial. Good bye.

Dorydude...the Miami ISAF event is looking for volunteers to spread their brand of hate. If you feel ISAF is correct, call them and volunteer. Bring your friends and your boats. Bet you won't.

Again, fuck you.

The ISAF VP for the World Youth Championships is Nazil from Turkey. If you have ever meet her it is a smart move by ISAF to put Atkins in. She would only poor fuel on the fire.

Dorydude...the Miami ISAF event is looking for volunteers to spread their brand of hate. If you feel ISAF is correct, call them and volunteer. Bring your friends and your boats. Bet you won't.

Your hatred of facts( as published by israeli media) and reality is quite disturbing.

I sent an email to the entire board of directors of US Sailing and received a reply that they are preparing to respond to the ISAF. I also sent the ISAF an objection. The only acceptable outcome is that ISAF corrects its antisemitic course or US Sailing stops any interaction with ISAF.

Your hatred of facts( as published by israeli media) and reality is quite disturbing.

I don't think anyone else on this forum has a problem with Israel treating war casualties. I'm assuming you were never a big fan of MASH.

You have a selective memory. Were the Nth Koreans returned to their units to fight?

Good to hear that US sailing are looking into this. I presume that the FFV in France will have something to say after the Paris attacks. Maybe any french anarchists can follow up. So far deafening silence from RYA in the UK.

And totally agree that Americas Cup organisers should be called out on trip to Oman in February as Mr C suggests. At least any ISAF judges or officials should be pulled out and the Americas Cup lose ISAF status if they have it.

Come on Larry make the call

Neither have any of us received multiple confirmations, written and verbal, that something will happen a certain way, only to have the opposite outcome with no warning, explanation or right of appeal. It may be that the OA and ISAF reps did their job properly, although I think it unlikely.

Has ISAF issued statements or responses to the previous incidents other posters have mentioned?

All of those calling for a competitor boycott or event cancellation are forgetting this is a kids regatta. They have worked their arse off to get there, and have no say in the political bullshit of ISAF and Malaysia. It is our responsibility, as adult members of ISAF and MNA's, to kick up a stink and get things changed

please do not bother with that troll from PA. Other than that, your post was spot fucking on. While i feel for the competitors who have not much choice but to compete at OCR without your support - if they are to try and qualify for Rio (which in light of both the trash and ISAF issues has me completely conflicted but still sympathetic to the competitors and my friends) - i feel like you have made the right choice.

And, to everyone else, please do not quote the troll from PA

Am I missing something?

Surely ISAF (World Sailing?) should immediately announce that they are pulling out of the Malaysia regatta.

No officials or International Judges from ISAF should be allowed to go as ISAF representatives.

Too late for Croce to be sending representative to discuss.

The event cannot be called a World Championship.

You do realise that israel normally bans it's citizens from visiting Malaysia?