Sign in to follow this  
Happy Jack

Oh dear Honda out trucks Toyota, Chevy and Nissan

Happys lying again

NFW a West Wight Potter weighs 4500 pounds...

Seaward 23. Weighs under 3K.

Nice little boat.

I wasn't talking to or about you. Methinks you've got LIS (Lancer Inferiority Syndrome). There have been a number of Lancer bashing threads over the years. In fact for a while it was quite common. Not just recent ones you've commented in. And I love that you've determined that if I haven't commented in a Lancer discussion that you know why.......

I haven't seen many (any) Lancer-bashing threads since I came to this hell-forsaken heaven that is SA. Other than a few people insulting me for my choice of hull, to my knowledge I'm the only SAer with any interest in those. I remember a couple other SAers who had the regular even-length hulls, but nobody with the parametric hulls. (My interest in Lancers began and ended at those hulls, they were purely unremarkable in every other way.)

I suspect that you're confusing them with Macgregors, which are the Ridgelines of sailing. My old boat was more like the Studebaker truck of sailing ...

280px-1956_Studebaker_2E_series_Pickup.j

... not necessarily beautiful, but they had a few innovations. If you can find those threads, I'm happy to read them, I only know of about two of them before No.6 got involved.

The funny thing is that my wife once looked at a Lancer 45, pilothouse, with the boomless main and it had the parametric hull too, usually with twin Perkins. She liked the layout. I'm sure it sails like a slug, but I could be reasonably confident of that I've making her happy with an interior refit.

My truck can only carry one Ridgeline.

13903310_1071337712945927_60350246806881

Do you know the history of that panel truck? Was it a bread truck or something similar before you refitted it? Now that they are rarely used as work trucks anymore, it's easier to see their beauty, they have a wide, gentle softness. Does Boothy still have his?

The weird part is that back in the 1970s, they were often used for delivery of the lightest stuff, things like bread, potato chips and donuts.

Do you know the history of that panel truck? Was it a bread truck or something similar before you refitted it?

School board maintenance truck. Probably plumbing related. Needed some upgrades for highway service. Now it's a road machine.

I wasn't talking to or about you. Methinks you've got LIS (Lancer Inferiority Syndrome). There have been a number of Lancer bashing threads over the years. In fact for a while it was quite common. Not just recent ones you've commented in. And I love that you've determined that if I haven't commented in a Lancer discussion that you know why.......

I haven't seen many (any) Lancer-bashing threads since I came to this hell-forsaken heaven that is SA. Other than a few people insulting me for my choice of hull, to my knowledge I'm the only SAer with any interest in those. I remember a couple other SAers who had the regular even-length hulls, but nobody with the parametric hulls. (My interest in Lancers began and ended at those hulls, they were purely unremarkable in every other way.)

I suspect that you're confusing them with Macgregors, which are the Ridgelines of sailing. My old boat was more like the Studebaker truck of sailing ...280px-1956_Studebaker_2E_series_Pickup.j

... not necessarily beautiful, but they had a few innovations. If you can find those threads, I'm happy to read them, I only know of about two of them before No.6 got involved.

The funny thing is that my wife once looked at a Lancer 45, pilothouse, with the boomless main and it had the parametric hull too, usually with twin Perkins. She liked the layout. I'm sure it sails like a slug, but I could be reasonably confident of that I've making her happy with an interior refit.

I think you're right on the macgregor confusion. I stand corrected.

Do you know the history of that panel truck? Was it a bread truck or something similar before you refitted it?

School board maintenance truck. Probably plumbing related. Needed some upgrades for highway service. Now it's a road machine.

You may be impressed with it.

But, it's no Ridgeline.

5000 lb towing capacity is overkill for a Sea Snark.

Super Snark. Actually, I can and have put that one on the roof of the Fiat Spider. The towing is for my gradual disassembly of my dad's machining business and my printing business. Steel is just as dense as you imagine, and graphic plastic is much more dense than I ever realized.

There is a massive gulf between commercial trucks and consumer trucks. I had to move an arbor press, it was only about a ton, but it was top heavy and ungainly, I didn't even want to attempt it. A guy showed up with a dilapidated cube truck with a lift gate, looked like it was on its last mile. Even on the gate, it didn't even move that suspension.

, it's no Ridgeline.

thank you

Like the difference between a boat and a ship? You know, you can put a boat on a ship.

I'll stick with my 2006 Ram. It's bombproof even though I beat the shit out of it.

Yeah, it's getting a little rusty. So what.

I'll stick with my 2006 Ram. It's bombproof even though I beat the shit out of it.

Mrs PB has her car so even though I'm happily driving my relatively new Expedition most days, I still have my 2001 Chevy Silverado as my "work truck". Still hauling wood and drywall to the house and demo to the dump. Pretty soon (next year) I won't have even that need any longer. I guess it'll have to go away then. I sure like that truck. 140,000 miles without a problem.

Mrs PB has her car so even though I'm happily driving my relatively new Expedition most days, I still have my 2001 Chevy Silverado as my "work truck". Still hauling wood and drywall to the house and demo to the dump. Pretty soon (next year) I won't have even that need any longer. I guess it'll have to go away then. I sure like that truck. 140,000 miles without a problem.

What - you had a real truck and never an issue? What the hell? Happy says all trucks not made by Honda are POSs...

What - you had a real truck and never an issue? What the hell? Happy says all trucks not made by Honda are POSs...

I've had two Expeditions - one I drove at work for 4 years (and another guy drive it before me for about 4 years as well and I passed it to a 3rd guy when I left 3.5 years ago) and I liked it so much I bought a new one for me when I retired. Been driving that Chevy truck for house construction, landscaping, gravel, concrete......all three have been flawless.

I have no complaints.........

I'm not deriding the Ridgeline. It has it's place and my truck is NOT cheap to run. Gets 20.8 all around but E rated tires, giant rotors and calipers, and 5 gallon oil changes of synthetic diesel Rotella get old. But, it has never let me down.

Don't get me started on my PoS VW wagon. That car sucks. I can give you so many reasons to never buy a VW or Audi.

You win some, you lose some. The HD Ram is a big time winner. Just pricey to run and 9,000 pounds of iron is a little creepy at 65mph when a little Fiat cuts you off on your commute.

But, I need it for farm work. I need torque. I need a box frame.

I'm not deriding the Ridgeline. It has it's place and my truck is NOT cheap to run. Gets 20.8 all around but E rated tires, giant rotors and calipers, and 5 gallon oil changes of synthetic diesel Rotella get old. But, it has never let me down.

Don't get me started on my PoS VW wagon. That car sucks. I can give you so many reasons to never buy a VW or Audi.

You win some, you lose some. The HD Ram is a big time winner. Just pricey to run and 9,000 pounds of iron is a little creepy at 65mph when a little Fiat cuts you off on your commute.

I had a VW Jetta, and obviously wasn't smart as bought a Audi A4 maybe a decade later. Pieces of shite, both of em

I had a VW Jetta, and obviously wasn't smart as bought a Audi A4 maybe a decade later. Pieces of shite, both of em

Didn't like the A4? Interesting. I looked at the A6 a while ago, but Mrs PB likes her car and wants to keep it so we passed.

Didn't like the A4? Interesting. I looked at the A6 a while ago, but Mrs PB likes her car and wants to keep it so we passed.

We had endless issues. Dashboard lighting faded - the main computer is on the back of it. $3k to fix. Ate brakes. Transmission issues. Was just very expensive to maintain. Friends A4 of similar vintage broke it's timing belt at 70,000 miles. Well before recommended, after warranty. $4k to fix. Was fun to drive and looked great. But way to expensive and unreliable. VW was mechanically unsound.

We had endless issues. Dashboard lighting faded - the main computer is on the back of it. $3k to fix. Ate brakes. Transmission issues. Was just very expensive to maintain. Friends A4 of similar vintage broke it's timing belt at 70,000 miles. Well before recommended, after warranty. $4k to fix. Was fun to drive and looked great. But way to expensive and unreliable. VW was mechanically unsound.

I had a VW GTI VR6. It hit 100K miles and did the mechanical equivalent of what the Bluesmobile did at the end of the Blues Brothers. Good car until then, but a POS after that.

Wow! Interesting. Good to know, although we're not in the market it's always good to keep up about cars you might (or might not) consider in the future.

I had a VW GTI VR6. It hit 100K miles and did the mechanical equivalent of what the Bluesmobile did at the end of the Blues Brothers. Good car until then, but a POS after that.

100K was exactly when my VW started shitting the bed. Endless buckets of money. A $27K car turned into a $40K car real fast.

Dead turbos. Bad diesel particulate filter. OK, I'll fix it.

Then the fuel pump decided to explode and take a ride to the engine, requiring a rebuild that VAG was kind enough to pay half of.

That was fun. 2010 Jetta TDI wagon.

At least VW is buying it back now. What a piece of junk. My BMW 5 series wasn't much better. It never died but it had some wonkiness to it.

My 3 Series (E46) was great but my Ex wrecked it.

Ram truck though? Insert key. Turn. Go. Sofaking reliable. Maybe a little unrefined but easy to work on and it doesn't give a spit about much.

Oil. Filter. Tires. Brakes.

I think I need wheel bearings in the front now but it's 10 years old and like I said, I make the Prairie Schooner earn it's keep. Seems reasonable. $165 per side.

5000 lb towing capacity is overkill for a Sea Snark.

What's the average weight of Jacks wives? They are included In the payload, right?

Maybe you thought Real was safer. Or that body on frame was tougher. While the 2017 Ridge won't be tested until later this year there are two data point that we can extrapolate from. The 2014 Ridgeline and the 2016 Pilot.

First the bad news for the real trucks. Only the F150 recieves a Good across the board. And only for the current year. Prior years not so much. The Toyota, Chevy and Dodge were progressively worse.

As for 2016 Honda the pilot was Good Across the board as was the 2014 Ridgeline

image.jpgimage.jpg

100K was exactly when my VW started shitting the bed. Endless buckets of money. A $27K car turned into a $40K car real fast.

Dead turbos. Bad diesel particulate filter. OK, I'll fix it.

Then the fuel pump decided to explode and take a ride to the engine, requiring a rebuild that VAG was kind enough to pay half of.

That was fun. 2010 Jetta TDI wagon.

At least VW is buying it back now. What a piece of junk. My BMW 5 series wasn't much better. It never died but it had some wonkiness to it.

My 3 Series (E46) was great but my Ex wrecked it.

Ram truck though? Insert key. Turn. Go. Sofaking reliable. Maybe a little unrefined but easy to work on and it doesn't give a spit about much.

Oil. Filter. Tires. Brakes.

I think I need wheel bearings in the front now but it's 10 years old and like I said, I make the Prairie Schooner earn it's keep. Seems reasonable. $165 per side.

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 hd- can't kill it- towed boats from Canada to Florida and everywhere in between- 19 years old, runs like a banshee- zero issues- I can load a ridge line in the bed and not even notice the extra weight-

Because it's a truck, not an suv with an identity crisis.....they should call it the Honda secret- strong enough for a man but made for a woman-

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 hd- can't kill it- towed boats from Canada to Florida and everywhere in between- 19 years old, runs like a banshee- zero issues- I can load a ridge line in the bed and not even notice the extra weight-

Because it's a truck, not an suv with an identity crisis.....they should call it the Honda secret- strong enough for a man but made for a woman-

Just don't run into a mail box post with it and you will be fine.

Maybe you thought Real was safer. Or that body on frame was tougher. While the 2017 Ridge won't be tested until later this year there are two data point that we can extrapolate from. The 2014 Ridgeline and the 2016 Pilot.

First the bad news for the real trucks. Only the F150 recieves a Good across the board. And only for the current year. Prior years not so much. The Toyota, Chevy and Dodge were progressively worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhHEtoZ7HkM

image.jpgimage.jpg

I tboned a car that ran a stop sign while I was going 40mph- I was in a 96 ram 1500 short bed 4x4... The car was barely recognizable, it's driver loaded into an ambulance and taken to the hospital....I got back in my truck, went to the store, bought a cup of coffee and went back to work with a slightly bent bumper and a scratched wheel-

your fridgeline would've crumpled up like a paper cup....

Really? I've run over a car with it, small dent aft of the passenger door...the car was kinda flat on the drivers side front... Ever run over anything more than a flower bed in your "truck"?

How much ground clearance is there on the midgeline? Like 6"? What size car tires are on it?

Solid front axle? , 35x12.50x16 wheels n tires? Plow pkg?

Or just a small cutesy locking tackle box on wheels-

It's funny that you mention the Pilot's crash worthiness. It depends on what they test ... my wife saw this test and got all freaked out driving the Pilot on the undvided highway to our house, because small overlap is a typical kind of crash for that road ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/08/chevrolet-equinox-gmc-terrain-crash-iihs-safety-honda-pilot/7442583/

I tboned a car that ran a stop sign while I was going 40mph- I was in a 96 ram 1500 short bed 4x4... The car was barely recognizable, it's driver loaded into an ambulance and taken to the hospital....I got back in my truck, went to the store, bought a cup of coffee and went back to work with a slightly bent bumper and a scratched wheel-

Maybe in 96 they didn't make them out of tinfoil. I would not suggest upgrading to a 2016/17 Ram 1500. IF you do please don't let the wife and kiddies ride with you in your new Dodge death trap.

Capture.jpg

Maybe in 96 they didn't make them out of tinfoil. I would not suggest upgrading to a 2016/17 Ram 1500. IF you do please don't let the wife and kiddies ride with you in your new Dodge death trap.

Capture.jpg

i wouldn't buy a half ton truck anyway, so...There's that.

Nor would I buy an overgrownJapanese el camino that was designed on an etch a sketch... Looks like a shoe box with a hole in the lid ffs...

It's funny that you mention the Pilot's crash worthiness. It depends on what they test ... my wife saw this test and got all freaked out driving the Pilot on the undvided highway to our house, because small overlap is a typical kind of crash for that road ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/04/08/chevrolet-equinox-gmc-terrain-crash-iihs-safety-honda-pilot/7442583/

Did she run into a stairwell to cry like a whipped puppy?

No?

Funny, that...

i wouldn't buy a half ton truck anyway, so...There's that.

Nor would I buy an overgrownJapanese el camino that was designed on an etch a sketch... Looks like a shoe box with a hole in the lid ffs...

Looks ok to me. Just don't try the rock dump in a Silverado or F150, I heard they don't like it very much.

Honda Ridgeline = Safer, Tougher and Better than any real truck out there.

2017-Honda-Ridgeline-rear-three-quarter-

Watching Jack try to convince everyone of his own superiority is funny.

When he does the same for his vehicle, it's just sad.

Imagine if Jack was a drinking man and tried to convince us that his favorite brand of wine cooler was superior to all other drinks.

Imagine if Jack was a drinking man and tried to convince us that his favorite brand of wine cooler was superior to all other drinks.

Great analogy.

Come to think of it, Jack does try to tell us that his brand of religion is superior to all others. It's how Jack rolls.

Come to think of it, Jack does try to tell us that his brand of religion is superior to all others. It's how Jack rolls.

If memory serves, HJ has come close to stating he is, in fact, a Mormon - without being clear and concise.

That is fairly typical behavior for Jack, so he can never be pinned down and accountable.

I look forward to his correction of my comment.

Back when Jack was beating the Ebola drum, he posted how well prepared his fellow Mormons were compared to non-Mormon. And during Katrina, how much more his fellow Mormons were doing for recovery than the rest of us.

Everything Jack does is superior to all others. It's how Jack rolls.

Funny though, all his Mormon brothers are not supporting Trump, but Jack still has his back.

Back when Jack was beating the Ebola drum, he posted how well prepared his fellow Mormons were compared to non-Mormon. And during Katrina, how much more his fellow Mormons were doing for recovery than the rest of us.

Funny though, all his Mormon brothers are not supporting Trump, but Jack still has his back.

I may have to dig back and have another look. I remember Jack crowing about how superior Mormons were in either respect. I don't remember him saying "I am a Mormon", or anything else as definitive as that.

Of course, Jack will probably pop into this thread and paste statements he has made where he owns his faith and say that I am a liar. Even when I have said "If memory serves..." and "I remember...." and "I don't remember....".

It's like Jack has his own personal version of Tourette's, where he blurts out the word "LIAR" at random times.

Fucking Grade A humor there

Fucking Grade A humor there

Dos Equis

Great analogy.

Jack: Bartles and Jaymes Sangria is the best alcoholic beverage ever made.

US: That stuff sucks

Jack: Here's a screen cap of wine cooler reviews stating that I am correct.

US: Jack, wine coolers aren't even wine, they are malt liquors.

Jack: Wine coolers are in fact wine, the ingredients and method of manufacture don't matter. In fact, it makes it better than traditional wine because more factors can be controlled during fermentation.

US: Whatever Jack, enjoy your malt liquor.

Jack: Its a wine cooler and its great and you are an idiot for not agreeing with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhHEtoZ7HkM

image.jpgimage.jpg

Different strategies.

The Ridgeline is designed to protect passengers by absorbing impact.

Your Dodge is designed to protect passengers by having the other guy absorb the impact.

I wish they'd written an article like this about Ebola, when Jack was on a tear about it.

El Camino. That's funny.

Man, when I was I high school, I SO wanted an El Camino.........of course I wanted a jeep, an MGB GT and I turned down a chance to buy a 67 Mustang from a girlfriend........instead I drove moms ford falcon wagon with fake wood paneling on the side......sometimes. 3 sports, surfing and girls didn't leave much time for a job to earn the money to buy a car - picking avocados and working in the local newspaper press room part time.......oh and studying of course.......just enough to stay eligible for sports. It's amazing how close you can come to hovering just above a 2.0 GPA if you pay attention!

Different strategies.

The Ridgeline is designed to protect passengers by absorbing impact.

Your Dodge is designed to protect passengers by having the other guy absorb the impact.

15 minutes, still chuckling over this post.

Funny how Jack touts the virtues of the 2017 Honda while not actually owning one.

Ridgechero or El Ridgemino?

Just got the concept images for the 2018 Ridgeline. Looks like Honda is rethinking the real truck look of the 2017.

abat-1.jpg

El Ridgemino?

If you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Sorry. La Ridgemina.

ok, d'at's funny. I have a friend with an old Ranger, mostly a ranch truck and while not comfortable or fun to drive it seems to be indestructible. BTW, you have a lot of free time on your hands.

Every day a new reason to love the Ridgeline.

from Truck Trend

Behind The Wheel

Though our time behind the wheel of the Ridgeline was brief, it was nothing but enjoyable. From the moment we pressed the ignition button and fired up the engine we knew we were in something different. The ’17 Ridgeline is noticeably quieter than anything else in the midsize class. Both engine and wind noise is significantly reduced over the competitive Colorado and Tacoma.

If you’re at all familiar with the Pilot, then you’ll feel right at home in the Ridgeline. Seating position is proper, and the seats are quite comfortable. They have a good, upright and tall seating position, not down and on the floor like Tacoma. Forward visibility is excellent thanks to the truck’s hood and fender design, and the optional technology suite in the higher-trimmed trucks helps you see what your eyes can’t. Both the blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control were welcome features not otherwise found on midsize pickups. Ridgeline’s lane departure warning and lane keep assist worked well with little intrusion

One interesting feature that we found buried deep in the technical specs is tire fill assist. Also new for ’17, the feature works with the tire pressure monitoring system to provide an audible chirp and flash of the parking lights when any tire being filled reaches the correct pressure.

Driven back to back with a competitive Tacoma and Colorado, the Ridgeline tackled every obstacle with the same relative ease as the more traditional pickups. However, the Ridgeline’s ride was smoother, power delivery was better, and traction control more deliberate. This was all to be expected since Honda built the course to showcase their pickup. Nonetheless, the Ridgeline completed all of the obstacles and demonstrated that it can go anywhere 95 percent of owners would want to go.

We have no problem fully admitting that we went into this drive with a degree of prejudice and a few preconceived notions, but by the end of our short time with the Ridgeline, these had all been wiped away. Overall, the truck is a fantastic piece of craftsmanship from a company that is known for building simple, safe, efficient, and reliable automobiles. While it may not be the right truck for everyone, it sure gives the rest of the midsize class a run for their money.

And, as you may have noticed throughout this piece, we believe the Ridgeline fully deserves the title of pickup. As times change so should our definition of things, and while Ridgeline doesn’t fully subscribe to the traditional guidelines of body-on-frame with a separate bed and two-speed transfer case, it tows, hauls, and off-roads with the best of them. And in the end, isn’t that what being a truck is all about?

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/1608-first-drive-2017-honda-ridgeline/

What, no crayons? Happy's slipping

Sad your identity is defined by a cheap wanna be truck-

My truck is a tool- yours is owned by a tool-

I'm surprised he hasn't claimed the Seaward 23 is the greatest boat ever built.

I still think it is a total peice of shit.

But I'm sure I can be convinced otherwise if you keep posting voluminous amounts of defense. So please... Continue.

...and have you noticed that almost all businesses that use trucks are getting rid of their full size Fords/Chevys/Dodges and moving up to the Ridgeline? I know y'all spend most of your days glued to the computer, but I tell you, Honda Ridgelines dominate commercial hauling now. That's all you see on the road any more. Jack was way ahead of the curve!

There comes a time in life when your vehicle is more transportation than it is your girlfriend.

Most of us are there. Jack will catch up, eventually.

Post of the day.

...and have you noticed that almost all businesses that use trucks are getting rid of their full size Fords/Chevys/Dodges and moving up to the Ridgeline? I know y'all spend most of your days glued to the computer, but I tell you, Honda Ridgelines dominate commercial hauling now. That's all you see on the road any more. Jack was way ahead of the curve!

I see what you did there.

I'm driving a UD today, good Japanese truck. 9 horses in the back and I'll pick up a trailer with 12 more in an hour or so.

There comes a time in life when your vehicle is more transportation than it is your girlfriend.

Most of us are there. Jack will catch up, eventually.

I've reached the maturity in life that measures my truck the same way I measure my chainsaw. Does it do what I need it to do? If it doesn't I get another one that will. It if works, then I continue to use it. Jack puts a lot more value in his decision.

I'm driving a UD today, good Japanese truck. 9 horses in the back and I'll pick up a trailer with 12 more in an hour or so.

Are you saying all the boys with their puny Ford, Tacos, Rams and Chevy's are just wannabe truckers"

Did you just move the Real Truck Goal Posts out of their reach?

Now that's a Pickup.

01w.jpg

You actually have that back ward. You need to pity those that are so defined by the manliness of their truck that their testosterone level fell 50% because of the Honda. I have to wonder how many of you suffered ED after the Honda was released.

You actually have that back ward. You need to pity those that are so defined by the manliness of their truck that their testosterone level fell 50% because of the Honda. I have to wonder how many of you suffered ED after the Honda was released.

This comment in a thread YOU started about YOUR truck. There is no way in hell you don't have a mental problem. I'm sorry, but I can't be kind about this.

Are you saying all the boys with their puny Ford, Tacos, Rams and Chevy's are just wannabe truckers"

Did you just move the Real Truck Goal Posts out of their reach?

Now that's a Pickup.

01w.jpg

No, that's a dump truck. But you get a participation trophy for trying.

In all seriousness, one cool thing about Hondas is they hide 'Easter Eggs' in every vehicle.

You just have to know where to look but they're there.

I also don't think that Jack picked up on the kind of trucks people were saying they had. Every one was a HD.

They may look like their half ton counterparts but under the skin, there is nothing similar between a half ton and a HD.

If you want a Ridgeline, fine. When I need to tow the tractor in my sig because it breaks down (threw a piston last fall to the tune of $26K for repair), I don't think I want a Ridgeline. The tires on that tractor weigh 6,400k alone (800x8).

The whole machine weighs almost 50k. I was able to slowly get it out of the field and back to the shed. Truck works fine.

In all seriousness, one cool thing about Hondas is they hide 'Easter Eggs' in every vehicle.

You just have to know where to look but they're there.

I also don't think that Jack picked up on the kind of truc people were saying they had. Every one was a HD.

They may look like their half ton counterparts but under the skin, there is nothing similar between a half ton and a HD.

If you want a Ridgeline, fine. When I need to tow the tractor in my sig because it breaks down (threw a piston last fall to the tune of $26K for repair), I don't think I want a Ridgeline. The tires on that tractor weigh 6,400k alone (800x8).

The whole machine weighs almost 50k. I was able to slowly get it out of the field and back to the shed. Truck works fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think even an F350 Super Duty can tow 50K

An F150 owner sneering at a Ridgeline owner because he can tow more makes just a little sense as a F250 owner sneering at the F150 owner and the F350 owner at both of them.

The whole point of tweaking others with a ridgeline thread is because for some reason they made an issue of my owning one. The ridgeline meets my needs better than any other truck larger or smaller. Why does it matter to anyone else. But since it does through no fault of mine I play along and annoy them with the Ridgeline's superiority.

PS This is what I have to tow and it is right at the 5k limit (not my exact tractor)

$_27.JPG

Yeah, it's rated at 19k. But it's a farm and you do what you have to while trying not to break stuff.

It did it and it wasn't on-road, and I went slow. But It shows no ill effects.

Pull 50k down the road, even at 15 mph? NFW. The moments are too strong. Over a field to a private property lane with a 25 foot cable?

Sure, so long as it's not muddy. If it's muddy, then I'd just have 2 pieces of equipment down. One with a dead engine and the other buried to its frame.

And some really muddy boots.

If the Honda fits your bill, then have at it. I'd like to not own a truck at all. Replacing the Prairie Schooner when it dies will cost me around $60K. They're not that fun to drive (HD trucks). $60K could get me into a lightly used fun car.

But I can't do that. I hauled straw with my BMW. That didn't end well. Buh bye 5 Series, hello giant brick truck.

Anyhow, the HD diesel trucks these days pack a crazy amount of torque. With my Smarty, I can turn mine up to 1,050 lbs at 1,800 rpm.

Not a good idea as the 48re trans can't handle that for long.

The whole point of tweaking others with a ridgeline thread is because for some reason they made an issue of my owning one.

You made an issue of you owning one.

Watch this:

THE CHEVY SILVERADO IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

The number of defensive threads that induces will be zero. Why do you think that is?