Sign in to follow this  
Happy Jack

Oh dear Honda out trucks Toyota, Chevy and Nissan

Sad your identity is defined by a cheap wanna be truck-

My truck is a tool- yours is owned by a tool-

You actually have that back ward. You need to pity those that are so defined by the manliness of their truck that their testosterone level fell 50% because of the Honda. I have to wonder how many of you suffered ED after the Honda was released.

can you fuck it?

Capture.jpg

So what you are saying is that people that would buy a Honda Ridgeline are by far more gullible to stupid advertising than normal people.

2015 Honda Ridgeline Sales - 520 (14,000 in 2014)

2015 Ford F-150 Sales - 780,000

2015 Colorado/Canyon Sales - 144,000

So what you are saying is that people that would buy a Honda Ridgeline are by far more gullible to stupid advertising than normal people.

That's not fair. The Ridgeline was not in production in 2015, as Honda had to shitcan it as it was not selling to anyone except has been MIT drop outs who think McGregor makes a good boat.

Better to compare apples to apples, to give it a fair shake:

2014 Honda Ridgeline Sales: 13,389

2014 Ford F150 Sales: 753,851

Uh... Wow. It really IS a piece of shit.

Little bit off the subject ... I was talking to a friend about his old Dodge, he has some rust around the wheel well, says it doesn't bother him. He's a physicist like me, looks at rust a little differently ... "I'm driving a truck that is basically on fire. A slow-motion fire, but that's what rust is. Why would I have any problem with driving something that's on fire? It's kind of a better truck for a man if your truck is on fire."

32263240015_large.jpg

I have a new appreciation of the manly beauty of a well-rusted truck.

Looks like a Toyota tailgate?

Yeah, that was from a Toyota group, some discussion there about those 80s and 90s Toyotas, they were shipped over from Japan as unfinished, just the cab and the frame, some kind of tariff reason. Then the boxes were welded on in their California plants. The Japan-made parts of flawless, but the welds done in the USA are nearly all miserable, contaminated and oxygenated, and the rust almost always starts where the bed is welded to the frame. Even in that picture, you can see that the front of the truck still looks pretty good, that was the part made in Japan.

This is interesting as hell to me. I owned a 78 Datsun Longbed back in the day. Mine was rusting like hell in the same spot, a body seam right where the bed was. The rest of the truck was practically rust free. I never knew why, until now.

I recall a similar story about the tariffs. With the bed off, apparently the frame and cab could be called "truck parts".

I'm driving a UD today, good Japanese truck. 9 horses in the back and I'll pick up a trailer with 12 more in an hour or so.

Are you saying all the boys with their puny Ford, Tacos, Rams and Chevy's are just wannabe truckers"

Did you just move the Real Truck Goal Posts out of their reach?

Now that's a Pickup.

01w.jpg

No, that's a dump truck. But you get a participation trophy for trying.

No, that's a truck with a tipper body.

Little bit off the subject ... I was talking to a friend about his old Dodge, he has some rust around the wheel well, says it doesn't bother him. He's a physicist like me, looks at rust a little differently ... "I'm driving a truck that is basically on fire. A slow-motion fire, but that's what rust is. Why would I have any problem with driving something that's on fire? It's kind of a better truck for a man if your truck is on fire."

32263240015_large.jpg

I have a new appreciation of the manly beauty of a well-rusted truck.

Looks like a Toyota tailgate?

Yeah, that was from a Toyota group, some discussion there about those 80s and 90s Toyotas, they were shipped over from Japan as unfinished, just the cab and the frame, some kind of tariff reason. Then the boxes were welded on in their California plants. The Japan-made parts of flawless, but the welds done in the USA are nearly all miserable, contaminated and oxygenated, and the rust almost always starts where the bed is welded to the frame. Even in that picture, you can see that the front of the truck still looks pretty good, that was the part made in Japan.

This is interesting as hell to me. I owned a 78 Datsun Longbed back in the day. Mine was rusting like hell in the same spot, a body seam right where the bed was. The rest of the truck was practically rust free. I never knew why, until now.

I recall a similar story about the tariffs. With the bed off, apparently the frame and cab could be called "truck parts".

Can you imagine the Japanese auto workers, giving those trucks their hearts and their souls, they send them to America, we have one little miserable job to do, just stamp the box, weld it together, bolt it onto the frame, prime, paint, screw on the tail lights.

They made 95% of the rest of the truck for us, yet we still managed to fuck it all up.

I'm driving a UD today, good Japanese truck. 9 horses in the back and I'll pick up a trailer with 12 more in an hour or so.

Are you saying all the boys with their puny Ford, Tacos, Rams and Chevy's are just wannabe truckers"

Did you just move the Real Truck Goal Posts out of their reach?

Now that's a Pickup.

01w.jpg

No, that's a dump truck. But you get a participation trophy for trying.

No, that's a truck with a tipper body.

You mean a dump truck,?

It tips, it doesn't dump. I get it. Weird that it doesn't pickup like Jack said.

oh, I remember, don't fuck with the dwarfs.

You can call them dump trucks, I don't give a fuck.

You can call them dump trucks, I don't give a fuck.

Well I want to call them dump trucks. So the fact that you don't give a fuck if I do is good news. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that. It was a lot of pressure, but as a result of your graciousness , that burden is gone. It's like a new lease on life. Thank you.

That's not fair. The Ridgeline was not in production in 2015, as Honda had to shitcan it as it was not selling to anyone except has been MIT drop outs who think McGregor makes a good boat.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that I can't take a glitch in the data (2015) and present it as if were the general case? I can't just make shit up that supports my opinion? That's just crazy talk. PA would implode.

As far as the Ridgeline goes, Honda sales are 1/10th the other manufacture. But numbers aren't everything. Look at Jack. Everyone thinks he's a giant POS, but he's still around somehow.

Wait a minute. Are you saying that I can't take a glitch in the data (2015) and present it as if were the general case? I can't just make shit up that supports my opinion? That's just crazy talk. PA would implode.

Good point. I stand corrected.

Keep on Truck'n

cap.jpg

Take a look at the sad approach angle on the Chevy. Real Off-roader that baby is.

Keep on Truck'n

cap.jpg

Take a look at the sad approach angle on the Chevy. Real Off-roader that baby is.

Damn boy, the crayon is out of the drawer. Now you're in for it.

My riding mower is better than yours.

No it isn't. What kind do you have?

Cub Cadet mower, but a Honda string trimmer. It's the best combination ever, especially given the fact that my pruning shears were rated tops in their class by popular mechanics.

Cub Cadet mower, but a Honda string trimmer. It's the best combination ever, especially given the fact that my pruning shears were rated tops in their class by popular mechanics.

What brand sailing gloves are the best for such activities?

I had a VW Jetta, and obviously wasn't smart as bought a Audi A4 maybe a decade later. Pieces of shite, both of em

Didn't like the A4? Interesting. I looked at the A6 a while ago, but Mrs PB likes her car and wants to keep it so we passed.

We had endless issues. Dashboard lighting faded - the main computer is on the back of it. $3k to fix. Ate brakes. Transmission issues. Was just very expensive to maintain. Friends A4 of similar vintage broke it's timing belt at 70,000 miles. Well before recommended, after warranty. $4k to fix. Was fun to drive and looked great. But way to expensive and unreliable. VW was mechanically unsound.

I had a VW GTI VR6. It hit 100K miles and did the mechanical equivalent of what the Bluesmobile did at the end of the Blues Brothers. Good car until then, but a POS after that.

100K was exactly when my VW started shitting the bed. Endless buckets of money. A $27K car turned into a $40K car real fast.

Dead turbos. Bad diesel particulate filter. OK, I'll fix it.

Then the fuel pump decided to explode and take a ride to the engine, requiring a rebuild that VAG was kind enough to pay half of.

That was fun. 2010 Jetta TDI wagon.

At least VW is buying it back now. What a piece of junk. My BMW 5 series wasn't much better. It never died but it had some wonkiness to it.

My 3 Series (E46) was great but my Ex wrecked it.

Ram truck though? Insert key. Turn. Go. Sofaking reliable. Maybe a little unrefined but easy to work on and it doesn't give a spit about much.

Oil. Filter. Tires. Brakes.

I think I need wheel bearings in the front now but it's 10 years old and like I said, I make the Prairie Schooner earn it's keep. Seems reasonable. $165 per side.

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 hd- can't kill it- towed boats from Canada to Florida and everywhere in between- 19 years old, runs like a banshee- zero issues- I can load a ridge line in the bed and not even notice the extra weight-

Because it's a truck, not an suv with an identity crisis.....they should call it the Honda secret- strong enough for a man but made for a woman-

You have me beat. My '99 Ram 1500 ate itself alive. Did the same thing when it belonged to its previous owner. I was thrilled to get that POS out of my driveway! I bought it dirt cheap hoping it'd last three months. Got almost 9 out of it. I actually saw it driving the other day. I feel for that poor bastard.

Cub Cadet is a shitty mower.

Please take that personal and post positive articles on it for the next 6 months in a futile and pathetic display of self affirmation.

My Husqvarna leaf blower is a superior lawn tool. Much better than your Cub Cadet mower. Would you care for me to prove its superiority to you?

My Husqvarna leaf blower is a superior lawn tool. Much better than your Cub Cadet mower. Would you care for me to prove its superiority to you?

That would be fine, but I don't need a blower. I have mulching blades on the deck of the Cadet. Plus, the large mower deck allows for a much greater volume of clippings, so I can cut more with each pass, cutting way back on my mowing time. I use that time savings to run around the yard a bit longer, admiring the quality of the Cub's mowing. Three out of five riding mower owners prefer the Cub Cadet to the Toro or John Deere mowers. The International Harvester lineage of the Cub Cadet is unbeatable.

Stihl chainsaws are the best. I had one...it was the best, ergo I am smarter than all of you fools.

Cub Scout mowers are the best in fact Do Your Best is their motto. They also believe in God and Saint Augustine. They will always Be Prepared. Not to mention always trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly,
courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty,
brave, clean, and reverent.

Uniform cuts.

Top that. And just like Ridgeline owners they have a pack mentality.

Meh. I have plastic grass. Beat that!

My mower brand is Juan Lopez. Beat that.

Mine is Jesus. I just Trumped you.

I was so sure I had ya'll beat............damn.

My mower brand is Juan Lopez. Beat that.

Mine is Jesus. I just Trumped you.

Oh....he washes my boat.

My husqvarna 46" mower rocks!

Troy built trimmer- meh- disposable crap noise making thingy-

Leaf blower? No, no Canadian gobbies given here.

The trimmer does share the same motor as a ditch liner- 2.1hp will really throw ya back in the seat as you go full baja 500 through the daisies and hydrangeas- mulch flying, gnomes diving for cover- the smell of burning miracle grow rising off of smoldering inpatients... If you're thinking of tearing up a flowerbed, the ridge line is the tool for you.

Stihl chainsaws are the best. I had one...it was the best, ergo I am smarter than all of you fools.

They keep bringing up the Ridgeline And I keep correcting them.

What else can I do. BTW I thought Huskies were the best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_eutyjHCs

Wrong.

YOU keep bringing up the Ridgeline. Who started this thread?

Another lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_eutyjHCs

In all honesty, it's probably a toss up. We use nothing but Stihls at work for both roof cutting and brush......different bars and chains of course.

In all honesty, it's probably a toss up. We use nothing but Stihls at work for both roof cutting and brush......different bars and chains of course.

The real question is what chainsaw does George Zimmerman have? That's the one that will definitely be the best.

Cub Cadet is a shitty mower.

Please take that personal and post positive articles on it for the next 6 months in a futile and pathetic display of self affirmation.

Bitches, please . . .

John Deere, muthafuckas ! B)

I don't have a lawn. Zen garden bitch!

I don't have a lawn. Zen garden bitch!

dammit....

I can beat that. I have the best quality Kentucky Bluegrass and my dog pisses all over it to give it the consistency of a Brillo Pad, requiring no mowing at all, ever.

Lawn-B-Gone

Bentley_class_A_motorhome01.jpg

BTW: how is it possible that HappyNannyLight haven't posted anything about the $400M paid to Iran as "ransom" yet? Must be napping. That's a GOP softball.

John Deere tractors, Still chain saws, and Dodge Diesel trucks, and Honda Accords. Oh yeah, and work boats painted with gray porch paint. If ya spend your $$ on anything else, you'll have less for good scotch.

Tomorrow the facts will be known But here is a teaser...

Pickuptrucks.com has just completed a full on test challenge between the Honda, Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier etc...

Full comparison, on and off road, loaded and towing, on the track and up hills. They have only teased at the results

But this is what they posted today

pttest.jpg

Video here

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/08/2017-honda-ridgeline-is-more-than-ready-to-compete.html

Previous teaser video

Tomorrow the facts will be known But here is a teaser...

Pickuptrucks.com has just completed a full on test challenge between the Honda, Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier etc...

Full comparison, on and off road, loaded and towing, on the track and up hills. They have only teased at the results

But this is what they posted today

pttest.jpg

Video here

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/08/2017-honda-ridgeline-is-more-than-ready-to-compete.html

Previous teaser video

It's hard to know if these reviews of the Ridgewood are in fact paid product placements. Honda has had some key reliability issues with their heavy vehicles, our Pilot has needed far too many repairs for a relatively new vehicle.

We're still having problems with our Pilot on the oil burning issue, but we didn't join the class action lawsuit against Honda over it.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20131022/OEM11/131029975/american-honda-settles-class-action-suit-over-oil-burning-claim

Seems like Honda took a timeout to redesign and reassess their trucklette. The pre-2015 models are mini-vans with beds. The 2017 model looks promising as Honda realized they needed to compete again trucks.

So I just noticed in the Happy Jackoff chainsaw video the Husq is new, bar not even scratched, the Stihl uh, not. I have the Husq and I like it, great value but the difference is it won't hold up with heavy use like the Stihl, For a video like that the chain is everything.

typical Happyness.

The results are in. Pickup Trucks dot com Ranks the Ridge 2nd.

No. 5: 2016 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X, -202 points

No. 4: 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, -119 points

No. 3: 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71, -47 points

No. 2: 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, -19 points

No. 1: 2016 GMC Canyon SLE, Par points

There's no question the Ridgeline was the surprise of this Challenge — in fact, for much of the contest, we thought it was going to win — especially when it beat the competition at the racetrack in both empty and loaded acceleration runs.

To its credit, the Ridgeline won half of all our objective categories — nine of 18 — and not surprisingly, most of our judges found the Ridgeline quite civilized on the highway since it shares many cabin features and much technology with its sibling, the Honda Pilot SUV.

Our biggest surprise came at our daylong romp at the Bundy Hill Offroad park, where we found the Honda Intelligent Traction Management system to be shrewd and smooth during our sand drags and steep hill climbs

"From the moment you slide into the front seat, you know this is a different kind of pickup experience," Williams said. "Easier entry, better visibility and widely adjustable seats. Better than anything else."

"The bed options, such as the integrated speaker and locking trunk well, are such good ideas that other automakers should start upping their bed technology game," Bragman said. "We do a lot of tailgating and bringing gear to and from the softball fields," said Vigus, whose boyfriend is in a competitive league. "We'd be using the bed of the truck a lot." For her, the Ridgeline was the best truck in the competition. "The lockable in-bed trunk has a seemingly endless number of practical uses and is standard," Bruzek said. "Any lockable, sealed outside storage is gold and this trunk is huge. It does leave a shallow bed with a high load floor, but it's a masterful packaging compromise," Mikonis said.

I thought the two-way tailgate was gimmicky until I actually had to load the bed. Not having to stretch over the open tailgate, or take the extra step of loading things onto it first made a difference. It also leaves the full bumper exposed to step on to climb up in the bed," Mikonis said.

"The Ridgeline is astonishingly comfortable," Bragman said. "It feels like a spacious crossover or a minivan but not like a midsize pickup truck." "The spacious cab is almost full-size truck territory," Bruzek added. Williams said he was "very impressed with how much sound insulation there is from the windows and the rear of the cab. Very quiet."

"The all-wheel-drive system with mechanical torque vectoring of the rear axle is proficient enough in sand and loose gravel to keep up with the rest of the truck crowd in light off-roading," Bruzek said. "The ride is the smoothest here and the V-6 engine feels very strong, even when towing a trailer," Bragman said. "The traction the Ridgeline gets off-road with street tires is startling. Even when it was cutting power for some reason and was stopping on the slope, it got going again where some of the other trucks probably couldn't have. It seemed to do better over the sandy soil where the others were sinking in," Mikonis noted.

"This is the first pickup on the planet that has an Eco mode. Push the button, and the transmission and throttle respond to smooth out all your spikes and inconsistencies, making you a more efficient driver," Williams said, adding it "saves you money." "It was an easy slide into the vehicle; best of the bunch," Vigus said. "I really like the seats and how comfortable they feel. Gives me a lot of the visibility I want but doesn't really feel like a truck."

The biggest surprise of the day was the Ridgeline, the only truck in this Challenge to use a carlike unibody chassis instead of the more traditional body-on-frame construction. But don't go telling the Ridgeline it's not a real truck — it might get angry. And you wouldn't like it when it's angry.

The Ridgeline was also the only truck outfitted with all-wheel drive only instead of the four-wheel-drive systems found in each of the other trucks that can be shifted into different gearing modes. The Ridgeline's system is sophisticated, using sensors at all four tires to detect slippage, then shifting power to wheels with traction. The system can move torque front and rear, and left to right on the rear axle as well. The Intelligent Traction Management system has four different settings to choose from: Normal, Snow, Mud and Sand.

As impressive as the system seemed, there were some noteworthy features missing that made us skeptical of the Ridgeline's ability to make it through the day unscathed. It didn't have a low range and its ground clearance was not impressive, with much of the unibody exposed underneath to rocks and other obstacles.

So it was with some unease that I accompanied Williams as he drove the first run on the hill climb. As we discussed the best way to tackle the loose sand and steep incline, Williams' solution was to punch it and see if the computers were good enough to get it up the hill. The next thing we knew, the truck was atop the hill with nary a bobble. It was impressive to see the computer take control of the throttle modulation, traction sensitivity and transmission shifting to keep the driver heading in the right direction, be it up a hill or over loose terrain.

All of our judges were impressed by the Ridgeline's traction software; all the driver had to do was stand on the gas and steer. The truck took care of the rest. This was also true on our drag races over the dirt; the system quickly found traction and took off down the course at speed where others were hunting for traction.

Williams liked the torque-vectoring rear differential, calling it "amazing to watch; it will detect and stop any rear-wheel slip that could rob the vehicle of forward momentum." At one point, the Ridgeline was tilted up on three wheels while the fourth wheel, hanging in the air, stopped instantly the moment it lifted off the ground. It didn't move again until it was back on the dirt.

One truck that didn't sweat a drop was the 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 Ridgeline, which didn't have to try hard to blow the doors off the competition in all-out acceleration, with or without payload. Its 7.39-second sprint to 60 mph and quarter-mile time of 15.5 seconds at 90.4 mph (unloaded) was close to a half-second faster than the next-fastest truck, the 2016 GMC Canyon. The difference was big enough to be felt in the seat of your pants. The runs recorded with our Racelogic Vbox II showed the Ridgeline and Canyon left the line in a dead heat until about 15 mph where the gap grew; above 60 mph, the Ridgeline really pulled away from the Canyon. It's great fun when the Honda's engine passes 5,350 rpm and changes to its aggressive camshaft profile (known as i-VTEC) that lets out a more defined and audible growl up to the engine's 6,800-rpm redline. The Honda was fitted with the most aggressive axle gearing of the competition, a 4.25:1 ring-and-pinion ratio, and the six-speed automatic transmission shifted lightning-quick.

Jack needs to trade his minivan with a bed in for this new Ridgeline. It sounds like it might be more truck like.

Second place. And the number 1 Canyon and number 3 Colorado are essentially the same vehicle.

But the Pilot doesn't actually have a low gear, nor does it have 4WD. But since the Ridgewood is Honda's only pickup, it has to straddle the line between midsize and full-size.

Yeah, this new Ridgewood seems to be an improvement, and it might even sell better than the Nissan, but truck owners aren't going to want something without 4WD-low. I don't see the Ridgewood becoming a popular pickup. It might even be a bigger dog than the old Ridgewood. At least that one got some of the spillover success from the Avalanche.

Jack's choice comes in second.

Just like the last Presidential election.

Jack loves him some sloppy seconds.

Jack's choice comes in second.

Just like the last Presidential election.

Bitch Slap du Jour.

I didn't realize the Ridgeline sucked ass compared to the Canyon. But I know now.

Only the new and improved Ridgeline sucks compared to the Canyon. The old and unimproved one really sucked.

I didn't realize the Ridgeline sucked ass compared to the Canyon. But I know now.

Only the new and improved Ridgeline sucks compared to the Canyon. The old and unimproved one really sucked.

So the one sucks less. I may buy a Canyon and post accolades of it here in a pathetic display of yearning for self worth.

Or maybe not.

"Which is first?"

"The Canyon."

"Which is second?"

"Ah, Your Majesty, there is no second."

The old Ridgewood may turn out to be better than the new one. At least the old one had that groovy Chevy Avalanche look.

At least with the old one, if you saw it from a distance you thought "okay, there's a Chevy Avalanche or an Escalade EXT." But then when you got closer and saw that it was actually a Ridgewood, you didn't feel all that cheated, you just thought "hmm, Ridgewood, basically the same thing as an Avalanche."

But with the new one, when you see it from a distance, a little glimmer of happiness passes through you and you think "okay, there's a pickup truck with a hot blonde driving it." But then when you get closer, and you realize it's a Ridgewood instead of a pickup truck. And you think. "Cripes, I thought it was a pickup truck. Oh well, let me take a look at that hot blonde ... " then you realize she's as counterfeit as the pickup truck, adam's apple the size of a canteloupe.

Stuff like that could really cost Honda sales for this thing.

Stuff like that could really cost Honda sales for this thing.

With Jack's help, anything is possible. In June sales were the best since 2008 and were a whopping 1.1% of the total truck sales. With Jack's help sales have declined every year since 2006.

Outstanding work.

Pretty awesome Jack. The Ridge can do gravel roads. Impressive. My Element can too. I'm cool like Jack.

Hey I thought Ridgelines suck off road?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJewQXujQK8&feature=youtu.be&t=655

Now I'm starting to understand the Ridgewood thing a bit better. Jack, that's a road. It's not a paved road, it's a somewhat rough road, but it's a dirt road. That's not a test of the Ridgewood, my little rear wheel drive Fiat has taken roads like that.

"Off roading" isn't necessarily as technical as rock crawling, but it needs a little bit more grain than just driving a dirt track. Here is a not-too-difficult trail near my house, the Switzerland Trail, formerly a narrow gauge rail bed, any functional 4x4 vehicle with a granny gear can make it no problem. A little clearance is needed, but not much. Decent tires but not rock tires. I've taken it with my son in our beat up Isuzu.

But an AWD vehicle like the Ridgewood with no low gearing range? No, that's definitely the wrong vehicle for that trail. Could it possibly make it in ideal conditions? Maybe. But reliably make it most or all of the time enough so that you don't need to worry about being stranded? I would never trust a Ridgewood in that position. A Suzuki Samurai? In a heartbeat. A Jeep or a Short Bed Tacoma? Sure. A Ridgewood?

Yeah, offroad in Colorado generally means you need a transfer case, winch, skid plates and low range. Florida, not so much.

Keep in mind that Jack also thinks taildraggers are unsuitable for bush planes.

Come to think of it, Jack does try to tell us that his brand of religion is superior to all others. It's how Jack rolls.

Truthfully, I haven't really seen him do that much. Some mormon things, e.g. how BYU is a bargain (if you live under their rules and religion), yes. But not much religion talk on his end.

I've seen him post a lot of stupid shit, but proselytizing isn't one of them.

Come to think of it, Jack does try to tell us that his brand of religion is superior to all others. It's how Jack rolls.

Truthfully, I haven't really seen him do that much. Some mormon things, e.g. how BYU is a bargain (if you live under their rules and religion), yes. But not much religion talk on his end.

I've seen him post a lot of stupid shit, but proselytizing isn't one of them.

You must have missed his Ebola thread where he stated the LDS are ready for the apocalypse and everyone else is just whistling dixie.

Or the thread he started stating how happy and healthy Mormons are compared to other Americans.

Or the thread where he bragged how the Mormons have a jet ready to take supplies to Haiti after the earthquake.

Just like he trumps up the Ridgeline here.

Just noticed the video was supposed to start at 10:55. but for some reason the forum software started the video at the beginning. but you can skip ahead

Just got the concept images for the 2018 Ridgeline. Looks like Honda is rethinking the real truck look of the 2017.

abat-1.jpg

Holy crap. Which end is the front?

So I just noticed in the Happy Jackoff chainsaw video the Husq is new, bar not even scratched, the Stihl uh, not. I have the Husq and I like it, great value but the difference is it won't hold up with heavy use like the Stihl, For a video like that the chain is everything.

typical Happyness.

I disagree. I have 2 Stihls - an 026 and a MS390. I think I'd be just as happy with Huskies but my thinking was that there are lots of Stihl repair shops around here. No Husky support, so it's going to a small engine repair shop that *hopefully* knows how to work on it.

It seems to be stupid logic though since the 026 is...I don't even know how old but at least 25 years. It's worn out a bar. That's it.

The 390 gets heavy after awhile and can be a bitch to start in the cold but if you have big stuff to take out, it rocks. Just remember to hit the decompression button before you yank the starter or you will feel it!

AFA the video, looks like either A: sharp chain vs. dull or B: regular chain vs. crappy green marked anti-kickback chain. (I hate those chains. Learn how to properly handle a damn saw and wear the safety gear). Either way, if you watch the vid, the Husky is pulling chips and the Stihl is spitting sawdust.

Stihl engines do not lack for power or reliability. But I'd be happy with a Husky.

Lawn-B-Gone

Bentley_class_A_motorhome01.jpg

BTW: how is it possible that HappyNannyLight haven't posted anything about the $400M paid to Iran as "ransom" yet? Must be napping. That's a GOP softball.

Better Lawn-B-Gone...

cropped-IMG_2419.jpg

typical Happyness.

One summer in high school I worked installing and building playground equipment at the lower school. All the playground equipment was installed in beds bordered with railroad ties - three or four high, stacked and fitted and pinned in place with rebar. These were recycled ties, used. Massive, heavy, sometimes soaked in tar and creosote. We'd drill holes through the the ties when they were in place, then pound the rebar in with a sledgehammer. As the summer progressed we refined process, and the engineer in charge brought over a jackhammer, which we used to drive in most of the rebar. I forget how many hundreds of ties we placed, there was a huge stack of them and they had to order more.

To cut and fit the ties into place we had a Stihl chainsaw. We used and abused the everloving shit out of that thing. All it really ever needed was to pop the bar off and clean out the packed in sawdust, and an occasional chain sharpening. The dust would clog it up because the creosote and tar packed it down, so it did need to be worked out with a screw driver.

But it was freaking indestructible.

Which, I must admit was sort of annoying on some of those 100 degree August days when you'd rather not be out there shaping and fitting railroad ties.