• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
sailingk8

Stuck in the Blizzard Without Rum

Chocolate is all gone too. How many other puffboat bastards out there are suffering in this white crap?

Gin is all gone. Onto the Corona with the Sav wine in reserve for the games tomorrow. Yes guilty of BLWM. Snaggletooth, I actually appreciate the dogge piling, anything to releave the tedium.

Commiserating with you all from California. Hey, it just hailed!

NyQuil is about 50 proof. Some colognes are even higher.

Hand sanitizer is about 120 proof.

I'd rather slog thru the blizzard and bang on my neighbor's door for the rum. But thanks for the great ideas. (Would hate to get stuck at sea with you mob.)

Did you hail back?

I'd rather slog thru the blizzard and bang on my neighbor's door for the rum. But thanks for the great ideas. (Would hate to get stuck at sea with you mob.)

We wouldn't run out of rum.

water maybe, hand sanitizer probably...

rum no.

Did you hail back?

From North Florida (South Georgia) Hail Yeah!!!! Wheeeee Doggie!

I suggest a lil' sumptin' sumptin' from Lagunitas, or Sierra Nevada Torpedo.

mouthwash is at least 600 proof. and you get a minty aftertaste.

surprisingly dry and not really overcast in good old raincouver today. there is beer chilling. stella.

i wonder how baileys in iced coffee tastes....

boss gave me a bottle for christmas. it is now in a glass of frappuccino. beer can wait.

good thing i am on call. drinking will make the bat phone ring in 3...2...1...

Make a Vanilla Shake:

1 quart Bottle Vanilla extract

Shake Bottle, Open, Drink B)

Stopped off and picked up some supplies on Thursday.

Duclaw-Devils-Milk-Barleywine-2015.png

11.5% alcohol.

That........is like............ 6 minutes worth.............poofter

what a lightweight! y'all didn't even get that much snow down there didja, Kate?

Lemme see...we have scotch, rum, brandy, sherry, saki, Amarula, wine, Grand Marnier, wine, cognac, and a lot of free Polish vodka that came with other stuff one year. And Strongbow. And sativa. Out of beer.

I need all that stuff for when we fall off the left side of the continent in the upcoming end of the world.

Lemme see...we have scotch, rum, brandy, sherry, saki, Amarula, wine, Grand Marnier, wine, cognac, and a lot of free Polish vodka that came with other stuff one year. And Strongbow. And sativa. Out of beer.

I need all that stuff for when we fall off the left side of the continent in the upcoming end of the world.

sounds like you are just packing for the varc opener regatta.

sounds like you are just packing for the varc opener regatta.

For that I'd drop the saki and go with ouzo or tequila. My wife likes saki. Ick.

i wonder how baileys in iced coffee tastes....

Quite good.

can confirm. tasty. now out of iced coffee. baileys on the rocks now.

no emergency calls... yet. probably when i crack the beer open.

I fucked up too. No beer, no rum,no whiskey, no coffee.

Fuck.

And we trust you to fly an airplane solo??? WTF!

Fucking amateurs.

Nailed it Hatin'. The amateurs run to the supermarket and fight over the last loaf of bread or half gallon of milk. The pros were at the local liquor emporium last week buying potent potables by the case and adding them to the already large stock in the house. Common sense tells you that you can never have too much alcohol to get you through these kind of events. Sitting in your favorite chair with your favorite libation in hand while knowing there are dozens and dozens of bottles in reserve is the only sensible way to get through these situations. Fuck snow.

.......Sitting in your favorite chair with your favorite libation in hand while knowing there are dozens and dozens of bottles in reserve is the only sensible way to get through these situations.

.......gun in hand. You never know when the neighbors might drop by <_<

If you drink enough you stay warm enough B)

North of 2' on the ground here. We made a valiant attempt yesterday, but were not able to complete cleaning out the liquor cabinet. just got to get dug out and then can go back to drinking.

That is terrible planning. H.M.S. Bounty level weather mismanagement.

I was thinking this:

oregonbundy_010516getty.jpg?itok=KlAgB8e

Except I don't think they had booze OR snacks.

Topped up the cars and the liquor cabinet before the snow flew yesterday! New Crosstrek is damn fine snow driver, but still not as good as Missus BB's rusty 4x4 pickup with aggressive M&S treads. Go Patriots!!!

Topped up the cars and the liquor cabinet before the snow flew yesterday! New Crosstrek is damn fine snow driver, but still not as good as Missus BB's rusty 4x4 pickup with aggressive M&S treads. Go Patriots!!!

'11 silverado crew. what snow? :lol:

Still have some Jack and some Mount Gay Extra Old and half a case of Sly Fox imperial IPA. Truck's good in this stuff, but I took a walk to one of the local bars that was open out of abject boredom. That didn't last long; my tolerance for a large crowd of drunk kiddies hammering various shots of Fireball and Rumchata apparently isn't very high.

you FAILED the rule of the 7 P's............Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

All very valid points. Bump, we got a shit ton of wind, tiny pathetic snow flakes that mostly blew about and a nice firm layer of ICE. It rained a lot Friday night then froze. Drifting the little sedan just didn't seem prudent.

Go Broncos

Go Panthers

you FAILED the rule of the 7 P's............Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

this! And Poor Prior Planning on your part, does not create An Emergency on My Part!!

Stopped off and picked up some supplies on Thursday.

Duclaw-Devils-Milk-Barleywine-2015.png

11.5% alcohol.

That........is like............ 6 minutes worth.............poofter

Dude..... Most beer is like water compared to that. You should just stick with your Bud Lite.

picked a bad time to quit drinking

great to see folks in the hood looking out for the street! gotta love boys with their machinery on a snowed-in day!

20 " here, 3 to 4 ft drifts...

Chocolate is all gone too. How many other puffboat bastards out there are suffering in this white crap?

An whose fault is this?

The worst part of the situation for those in Snow/Frost

Is you don't have any Good Mexican Food

That has nothing to do with being Stuck inside

It's just the 1st test for an area to live

If you can walk outside and smell Good Mexican Food it ain't gunna snow

FYI Texas ain't got Real Mexican Food

Is life so empty for y'all that only rum can get you through a little snow?

Sixey is rite, everbodey juste pick on wespey mecilessley ist a goode waye flexe you interewebbe musselle, burnoff fustratione, kille time till 1776 oppens! Who realley needes rum???

:)

I've known wespy since he was in a stroller. His Grandfather and Grandmother were dear friends of my Father.

He was on a crash course with a very bad ending and I let him know it in no uncertain terms. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

#6 - I was kidding. The rum bottle is actually not empty it has a little in reserve for my Salmon recipe. :)

...and I didn't even open the wine, the beer however did get consumed. Three bottles total, in case that you freaks out.

#6 - I was kidding. The rum bottle is actually not empty it has a little in reserve for my Salmon recipe. :)

...and I didn't even open the wine, the beer however did get consumed. Three bottles total, in case that you freaks out.

Little freaks me out darlin'. I was just stirring the pot to get some legs in your thread.

Little freaks me out darlin'. I was just stirring the pot to get some legs in your thread.

What this thread needz is a Nice Set of ..............................

Cane you shaire thr ecipe?

Cane you shaire thr ecipe?

serious?

good to know.

Salmon

Brown sugar

Capt Morgan Resv

Rub salmon lightly with brown sugar

pour a little rum into a flat dish to coat bottom (then take a swig from the bottle)

lay salmon pieces face down in dish

refridge it for about 20min or what ever

cook in fry pan or on the grill skin side down then flip for final cooking

serve with whatever

Thack you. Macking it tonite, with roosted vegges and steamed aspparagas :)

Ill be right over.

which side of the salmon is the face?

Salmon portions - the non-skin side, not the whole salmon just in case you weren't being amusing. :P

True that. You only need a small pinch of brown sugar put on the non-skin side.

Ill be right over.

Wase goode! Mackers Mark rathere open rum, addid littelle garlic, salt, and lemmon juise.

Ill be right over.

you've managed to shovel yourself out of the house?

Snaggles: Funny you should choose that, my daughter was asking me last night if Whiskey would work. I'll let her know.

amro: I spoke to the Big guy and demanded it melt, and it was so. I'm on the southern edge of the mess and our biggest issue was ice and it didn't last too long.

bad news folks, there is a weather system building up here out west that has very , very similar properties to the storm that dump on you last week.. better go pick up that generac , tequila, beer, TP, water etc..

"here out west"... more like "here in the middle"

14834775852_5abe8d6ce2.jpg

Snaggles: Funny you should choose that, my daughter was asking me last night if Whiskey would work. I'll let her know.

amro: I spoke to the Big guy and demanded it melt, and it was so. I'm on the southern edge of the mess and our biggest issue was ice and it didn't last too long.

wow, if you are that convincing, can you come out here and deal with my shitty neighbours for me? just remind them that dumping their garbage on my lawn and then calling the city and complaining about the mess will eventually get them shot.

Amro can't you just sit on your lawn chair with the shotgun on your lap? Give them a big smile and wave next time they show up.

Amro can't you just sit on your lawn chair with the shotgun on your lap? Give them a big smile and wave next time they show up.

All his guns and ammo would be gone in 24 hours. Maybe him also.

as much as i want to clean my armory on a table on the front lawn, and the law would more or less allow it, ish is right. cops would come up with some excuse to seize everything and toss me in jail.

and i like my shotgun. all 5 or 6 of them.

if i am going to the range i will actually make a point of hiding the gun cases as best i can on the way to the car, so the neighbours don't panic thinking i am going to shoot up the neighbourhood.

Clearly I'm missing a back story here, link?

no back story. i have guns. a lot of them. more than the typical american gun nut. way more than most canadians would imagine. to some, more than a small police force or army. culture up here is not gun centric by any means so i am classed as extreme right wing, yet in the grand scheme i am more center left than anything. there are some here, and live local, who don't share the same sentiments about guns as i do, but thankfully the discussions have been civil for the most part.

so, ishmael makes a true comment that if i were to sit on my front lawn with a shotgun in my lap the cops would be around in full riot gear in about 30 seconds. i'd be face down with a boot squishing my head into the dirt while the queen's cowboys stormed my house and took everything remotely looking like a weapon. they'd claim my goalie sticks are dummy rifles and charge me for having prohibited devices. they'd freak when they found the crossbow and bolts, despite it being found right beside a shooting target.

all that and more, despite the fact that our laws say nothing about carrying a long gun in public being illegal. it's the stigma attached to firearms in canada. people here just don't think the neighbour has a gun collection, or goes shooting regularly, or goes into the bush and blows up 20 lb propane tanks with tannerite for fun. guns here are for nothing more than killing, so they are bad.

but let's not get into another debate. this was a clarification on ishmael's comment, nothing more.

wow, if you are that convincing, can you come out here and deal with my shitty neighbours for me? just remind them that dumping their garbage on my lawn and then calling the city and complaining about the mess will eventually get them shot.

Woud lande mindes be oute of questione?

when i had punks scoping the house and snooping around the side and back of it, i had the idea of setting up an airsoft claymore mine under a tarp. have it strung to the tarp so when the tarp was removed, the claymore went off.

would sure be fun to watch, but if one of the bbs poked an eye out.... i'd be liable. for hurting a criminal. the victims have less rights than the perps here.

Clearly I'm missing a back story here, link?

no back story. i have guns. a lot of them. more than the typical american gun nut. way more than most canadians would imagine. to some, more than a small police force or army. culture up here is not gun centric by any means so i am classed as extreme right wing, yet in the grand scheme i am more center left than anything. there are some here, and live local, who don't share the same sentiments about guns as i do, but thankfully the discussions have been civil for the most part.

so, ishmael makes a true comment that if i were to sit on my front lawn with a shotgun in my lap the cops would be around in full riot gear in about 30 seconds. i'd be face down with a boot squishing my head into the dirt while the queen's cowboys stormed my house and took everything remotely looking like a weapon. they'd claim my goalie sticks are dummy rifles and charge me for having prohibited devices. they'd freak when they found the crossbow and bolts, despite it being found right beside a shooting target.

all that and more, despite the fact that our laws say nothing about carrying a long gun in public being illegal. it's the stigma attached to firearms in canada. people here just don't think the neighbour has a gun collection, or goes shooting regularly, or goes into the bush and blows up 20 lb propane tanks with tannerite for fun. guns here are for nothing more than killing, so they are bad.

but let's not get into another debate. this was a clarification on ishmael's comment, nothing more.

I think she meant what is the backstory on people dumping garbage in your front yard and then calling the cops? What did you do to piss off your neighbors?

when i had punks scoping the house and snooping around the side and back of it, i had the idea of setting up an airsoft claymore mine under a tarp. have it strung to the tarp so when the tarp was removed, the claymore went off.

would sure be fun to watch, but if one of the bbs poked an eye out.... i'd be liable. for hurting a criminal. the victims have less rights than the perps here.

And so now you shall be known as Ammo

I think she meant what is the backstory on people dumping garbage in your front yard and then calling the cops? What did you do to piss off your neighbors?

Yes please, tell us a story.

We can rename the thread Horrid Neighbors. I've had a few of those.

And so now you shall be known as Ammo

Yes please, tell us a story.

We can rename the thread Horrid Neighbors. I've had a few of those.

ah, the neighbours...

family of chain smoking alcoholic pot smokers. the mom says she has glaucoma, yet she is the one that drives everywhere. they have patio furniture set up in the driveway instead of the lawn because of "ants". they also have a monster truck that hasn't moved in 6 years. the kids i swear have development issues due to all the pot. the kind of normal sane one got herself knocked up by some skid row reject.

they are as redneck as it comes. thankfully i am out of here march 1.